Reviews of Sleep Inn Amherst 2 stars

75 Inn Keepers Lane, Amherst, NY 14228, USA

#5 of 17 hotels in Amherst

Clean and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Only complaint would be when checking in you would think someone would be there to greet you but the 3 times we went to the front desk and every time we left and came back no one was ever at the counter.

Clean and comfortable. Pool and hot tub were very nice

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

excellent!

no complaints

My sister and I wanted a get away. We found it here at Sleep Inn Amherst NY state. Room was excellent, food exceeded my expectations and staff very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our get away would certainly stay here again 10+ Heather Duguay, Marmora Ontario Canada

8 out of 10!
    • Standard King Room

The room fridge was not very cold and was also very small. The continental breakfast was excellent, but the breakfast space was TOO SMALL!, had to wait for someplace to sit and eat.

The room was very nice and clean, the bed was AWESOME and so were the pillows!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I booked through Booking.
    • Standard King Room

I booked through Booking.com. I shouldn’t be penalized and not get Choice points because of it. When I book flights through Expedia, I still get my frequent flyer miles. It’s petty. I might not use choice again if this is what they do

The room was a good size and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

On day 2 of 2 day stay, there were two coach parties. This hotel is in my opinion not big enough to cope with this - I couldn't get a table at breakfast, and there was hardly any choice of food left. I left and returned half an hour later, but there was little improvement.

The room was a good size and comfortable.

I found this property to be very clean & comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

I found this property to be very clean & comfortable. Both the day and night staff were very helpful. The room was clean, the mattress was comfortable, I believe it had a mattress topper. The morning breakfast had a large variety of things to choose from, good for those picky eaters. I was glad they offered healthy options like yogurt & fruit.

The right place to stop, rest and recover close to the border.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pipes are noisy. First time we were there I thought it was because of the cold but it was the same in warm weather. While it’s no big deal, it can be an issue if you are a light sleeper.

It was our second stay at the hotel as we usually take a rest before going through the border on our way back to Canada. It’s conveniently located and even if it provides a basic service, it’s all you need for a stopover on a road trip.

• Standard King Room

I love this motel stayed a lot but this time a lot went wrong 1.they couldn't find our mail 2 then a key to a room someone was a in plus my husband is 81 can't walk that hallway so then we had to go back downstairs he is getting upset so back to the desk then got another room ok all good until Tuesday they gave our room to some else so we people come in on us ok then Wednesday morning we were locked out went to get coffee and out key didn't open the door so all is ok if our bill is right $113.00 for 3 nights then all good with we will be back ❤️😘💜

Very clean, cozy room.
    • Standard King Room

Very clean, cozy room. comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Did have to call front desk at 12:30am due to the party in room next to us waking us up with very loud voices. Front desk staff called said room right away and the noise stopped. Breakfast had a variety of options.

The stay, and quietness were good. The cleanliness, not so much.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Leaky shower, which made the bathroom floors slippery, Not cleaned well enough. Dirty floors.

The breakfast menu was great. I do wish they would extend the time to 10:30-11:00am.

Ideal place to spend the night before crossing the border.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot water takes a bit to get really hot.

Perfect place to spend the night on a road trip. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are simple but comfortable and have everything you need. Excellent wifi service. Very clean. Very well located regarding the shops at the border.

Perfect for a 1 or 2 day stay, but not terribly user-friendly for a longer stay.
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The refrigerator was a joke; I imagine it worked as it should but was not very cold and was very small. I did not like that it and the ironing board/iron were housed in the clothes closet. The only microwave was in the lobby.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were wonderful and plentiful. The room was a bit small but adequate.

Clean and comfortable. Good value and location.

Room was small.

Clean and comfortable with a friendly staff. It was en extra pleasant stay during a cold and snowy couple of days. I would recommend to both Friends and family.

The beds were very comfy and very clean The washroom was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were very comfy and very clean The washroom was small but sufficient and clean the breakfast had a good variety so every one was satisfied - the Christmas tree room as we called if was very cozy and clean

Enjoyed it but for the room size I am not sure we would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very small. The washroom was really small. No change room inside with the pool which lead us to walk up to our room soaking wet and cold. The hallways had the air on so it was freezing!

The pool was warm and I loved that! The room was clean and the housekeepers were very nice. Parking was great!

We thought it was an excellent choice and would not hesitate to stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When traveling with friends, it was a bit awkward to have the sink in the room if you just wanted to wash up and not take a full shower.

Great breakfast; comfortable bed & pillows; clean; great location; friendly staff; nice common space; 24 hr beverage center; plentiful choices for condiments including premium creamer for coffee; excellent coffee!

It was a great place to stay with family while touring around the area.

Our king room was very compact although it had everything one would want. It could use a few more hooks or places to put toiletries in the bathroom.

this hotel was clean, comfortable, good breakfast with good choices, and staff were very friendly, light humored, and efficient. The pool had good hours and was great for working off the kids energy.

Clean and efficient breakfast area.
    • Standard King Room

How dirty it was behind the night stand and under bed. Looked like mould behind stand. Reported to front desk.

Clean and efficient breakfast area. Friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff

I have stayed in a few hotels in Amherst NY. I would rate this one the best of all.

Bathroom quite small.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was small but comfortable. Would absolutely book this hotel next time I travel to Amherst NY

The dining area was small and it was packed with a huge bus...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The dining area was small and it was packed with a huge bus load of people who happened to also get in after midnight. I was not able to eat breakfast as most of everything was taken and empty. Also the same load of people who got in after midnight were walking through the halls shouting and fighting very loudly so I didn't get any sleep. I had to stick my head out the door and ask the people in the hallway to be quiet but unfortunately I don't think they understood as there was a language barrier.

left i-pad in room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

left i-pad in room.on way home called sleep inn and talked to will who had i-pad and woulld ship it out to me that day. could not have been handled better--thanks to will and staff

Nice stay for the family
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room a little small for the family but we made do with it.

beds were comfortable and room was very clean. Nice free hot breakfast and it was only 12 miles from the falls which was easy access by the expressways.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Comfortable hotel, great prices, good place to rest
    • Standard King Room

A group of young girls had rooms on my floor Friday night so naturally there was quite a bit of noise as they traveled to and from breakfast. I realize this is not necessarily preventable, but perhaps a visual reminder that other guests may need quiet in the elevator area or elsewhere on the floor would help guests be more self-aware.

During my stay, another customer on my floor needed to use a luggage cart to check-out. I overheard the interaction between the customer and the staff member, who did her due diligence to find out which floor the luggage cart(s) was on to ensure the customer was satisfied. Also, I needed a full day of rest, but a do not disturb sign was not on my door. I called the front desk and got a prompt response.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The location was ideal for shopping.
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms were just a bit small

The location was ideal for shopping. The hotel itself was clean with friendly staff. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very generous for a "continental style" offer.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Staff was very accommodating.
    • Standard King Room

Bed was a little too soft for our liking.

Staff was very accommodating. Front desk staff made us feel welcome and went out of their way to be helpful. I even mentioned we were there for a funeral and the young man offered his condolences. Woman cleaning the breakfast area was very nice also.

Awesome get away

Nothing we didnt like.

We loved everything about the property. The pool and hot tub were great. Beds comfy. Entire place clean and easy to locate. Staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Sorry hotel
    • Standard King Room

I liked nothing this place is trash curtains and walls had spider webs and mad dust the clock was dusty the room was too small they was rude cause they said these rooms has microwaves and they dont covers got blood stains on them close down asap

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Nice pool and jacuzzi.
    • Standard King Room

During the free breakfast, there was garbage overflowing and the coffee was empty. it just seemed like there was not enough staff to man the breakfast and the desk.

We arrived a lot earlier than we thought and they had no problem with letting us check in early.

Great location for what I was in town for.
    • Standard King Room

Wish I had gotten a better rate. Not fault of hotel but the road leading to the hotel (Inn Keepers Lane) was just loaded with litter!! It just looked really bad.

Great location for what I was in town for. Easy to get to. Friendly staff at counter.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Employees make or break an established business. Gene defiantly makes your business a wonderful plac
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The man on duty that evening, Gene, was absolutely amazing. I unfortunately had a very bad situation take place outside of your hotel, at a close by place to eat. I was very upset when returning and Gene took note of that and went out of his way to comfort me. It's great to know that there are stil people like him are stil around

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Awesome holiday.

Everything was great.

We live down the street and had no invites for Christmas so we decided to book the hotel and swim and relax. We had fun and the room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed pizza and snacks and swam until the pool closed. We do this often because of the value and the pool.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Fine
    • Standard King Room

Only king beds available. Expensive. No gym. Very hard to get in and out of onto multi lane busy road without a light. No free shuttle to the buffalo airport.

Free breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

An excellent place to stay. Neat, clean hotel close to shopping and restaurants. Recommend highly
    • Standard King Room

Nothing Everything was to our satisfaction

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are clean and the breakfast was more than you get at other hotels

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Fair price for average, stale accommodations.
    • Standard King Room

Pool was nice. No workout facilities. Rooms are quite small and bathroom is so small it has a pocket door. Closet was free standing. Smelled like old smoke. Just overall very average. Tried to move hotels but they had me locked down for 3 nights.

Breakfast had canned fruit - completely unremarkable.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

decent stay not the best though
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the room we had unfortunatly had a super loud air conditioner. breakfast was okay just wanted a little more variety on bagels they only had plain. and bacon would be good they had sausage but it looked very under cooked.

the rooms were very clean

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

My stay was slpindid!
    • Standard King Room

I would have liked the first floor.

The check in was short and sweet. The room was comfy and cozy. And the facility was very nice. The beds were nice and all and all I would stay again.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Not perfect, but a nice stay for a good price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower door had mold at the bottom. I forgot my toothbrush and the front desk was out of complimentary replacements.

Staff was super friendly. Hotel was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good Location & Convences
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We liked the breakfast room had hot water for tea and had coffee and it was available to eat in other times.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Price. We paid $181.99 for a one night stay.

Location. Staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Basic, clean hotel conveniently off the highway.
    • Standard King Room

Basic, clean hotel conveniently off the highway. Less than 20 minutes to Niagara. Good Breakfast options. Staff very helpful.

Had a great stay
    • Standard King Room

I’m gf and was glad there was nothing added to the scrambled eggs. Also able to have sausage. All staff we came in contact with were friendly.

First of many stays
    • Standard King Room

Check in staff was excellent, very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

College visit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk manager and staff at breakfast were awesome!

Staff and cleanlyness was excellent.. l would suggest staying here
    • Standard King Room

A few more choices for your breakfast options

Very friendly staff and very helpful

bathroom

bathroom

Always enjoy our stay here, nothing to complain about.
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed is very comfortable an important factor in a hotel stay. Staff very friendly. Size of hotel is ideal.

Would Definitely Stay Again.

Everything was wonderful.

Staff was very nice. Breakfast was good. Room was nice. Location was great (close to highway).

Clean, friendly

Small rooms

Clean, friendly

Awsome

Everything was great

I booked your hotel because it had a hot tub and breakfast included

good bed, spacious room
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

lost my booking so had to do it again. poor breakfast

good bed, spacious room

It was a very nice experience, wish the room was bigger.
    • Standard King Room

The room was quite small for a king.

The breakfast was very good. It was free and delish.

It was great definitely will be coming back
    • Standard King Room

The bed was so comfortable one of the best nights I have ever slept. Hotel room was tidy and spacious

Decent hotel

Very small room

Comfy bed and good breakfast

Mostly Great!
    • Standard King Room

There was one group of people who occupied the hot tub for an entire hour the night we arrived so we did not get to use it.

Home away from home

Pool, spa, and breakfast

The whirlpool

The whirlpool

we would definitely stay there again. great value and very comfortable
    • Standard King Room

nicely decorated, very clean, plentiful breakfast, staff very pleasant and helpful, great location

clean, comfortable, quiet and loved the hot tub!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

clean, comfortable, quiet and loved the hot tub!

The hot tub was awesome at the hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no bathtub in our room only a shower.

The hot tub was awesome at the hotel!

Bed like a cloud

Bed like a cloud

Good hotel for the price. We’ll be back next year.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are small if travelling with 3 people.

Very nice hotel. Close to our shopping favourites.

My stay for annual shopping trip excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed very comfortable. Pool and hot tub nice. Average breakfast Parking very good. Convenient to shopping.

Very clean.
    • Standard King Room

Very clean. Staff helpful and friendly.

Met our needs being close to relatives, otherwise poor
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Mattress was poor, room left open during day by maid, breakfast room crowded, wifi not working

Comfortable for what we came to do, drop our daughter off to college
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the bath was very small toilte and shower combined in a tiny location good for 1 person but we had 3 in the room

beds were comfy

Only issue was that the wi-fi wasn't working, but we...
    • Standard King Room

Only issue was that the wi-fi wasn't working, but we still had our phones for anything we needed.

My stay was very good

Everything was good

The hotel was clean and nice,start was good...my son enjou the pool a lot

Room was small and vending machines did not work or where...
    • Standard King Room

Room was small and vending machines did not work or where out of items. Pool was cold and hot tub was luke warm at best

Most comfortable bed I ever slept in
    • Standard King Room

Small bathroom. Cold eggs.

Most comfortable bed I ever slept in

Location was convenient, bed was comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Nicer surroundings and place to walk. Sink surround was small and room a little small.

Location was convenient, bed was comfortable.

Stop here for a great place to stay I. Your travels

That we had to leave

Very quiet and comfortable. We would stay here again for sure

Noisy!
    • Standard King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We are always stuck by the elvator. Noisy. Breakfast was chaotic.

good breakfast

good breakfast

Breakfast was poor, the hotel otherwise was perfect.
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast was poor, the hotel otherwise was perfect.

Great valued price hotel with breakfast and late checkout
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for maintenance

Comfy bed nice modern room. Kinda of weird bathroom with a pocket door but sink seperate was nice.