Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Marrero 3 stars

6589 Westbank Expressway, Marrero, LA 70072, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Marrero

A tad bit of noise in the middle of the night. It was nothing major. I'm sure it was people just checking in late.

I would have to say. The lady at the desk was very helpful,polite, and courteous. She made sure that my family and I were comfortable on the two nights we were there. We were also able to check in early. We arrived early after driving for 5 hours and was able to get in our rooms and relax. We actually checked out early due to fear of the upcoming storm, but changed our minds. We were able to check back in hassle free.😃This is where I will be staying when I visit Marrero, Louisiana again.

I thought the bed and pillows could be more comfortable...I've stayed at quite a few Baymonts and expected a nice, comfy bed like I'm use to when staying there. The pillows were so tiny...I'm not loving this new tiny pillow trend at hotels.

We booked this hotel to stay at the night before we left on a cruise...the location was perfect...we were only about 10 minutes or so from the port. It smelled amazing when we walked in. Very clean smelling.

Neighbourhood was not the best. I would especially avoid the petrol station down the road ... unless of course you like feeling intimidated and on the point of being mugged. But that is not the hotel’s fault obviously.

Quick checkin.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was slim pickings. Could be updated. Area was seedy.

Bed was not bad. Plenty of room due to it being a handicap room. Setting up the reservation was easy. Friendly employees, very accomadating when asked questions.

Internet was slow and went out for hours one night. No shower curtain was up when we arrived and we had to go ask for wash cloths.

Beds were comfortable. It was quiet at night. Hotel was well kept and clean. Our room was clean when we returned to the hotel in the evening. Hotel staff was nice.

the surroundings around the hotel or not the best. But, the price and the value was worth it.

The friendly staff was amazing the rooms were very clean and the price was awesome.

There's nothing we don't like about this place!

We stay here at least twice a month, so it's pretty much our home away from home. Our stay is always a relaxing experience. The staff is SO friendly and accommodating. We love this place!

My room wasn't ready they had to give me another room even after arriving an hour and a half after checkin time. My room was booked a week prior to my arrival.

I loved the foyer of the hotel the chandelier was beautiful.

Location is horrendous. Dirty carpets and bathroom and rumpled bed linens were not confidence inspiring. Fox News was playing in the breakfast room.

Not much .

There was no fire detector in our room.

We were able to make a reservation at the last minute. We booked another hotel that ended up being horrible and we needed to move. The booking process was easy and although more than we wanted to pay, it was worth being away from the roach trap we first booked.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only complaint was the waitress for breakfast wasn’t friendly. I told her morning and no response. No smile.

No eggs, bed very comfortable but pillows too small.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

The smoke alarm wasn’t working it was sitting on the seat we told the gentleman at the desk but no one came up.

It was not far from the function I was attending

I didn't like being there for a funeral. Apart from that, it was fine.

What can I say? It was a functional hotel that was run competently and was clean. It was also inexpensive. It might be a romantic destination if it weren't in Marrero. There is a DiMartinos sandwich shop a couple of blocks up the street, and they are always good. Overall a good value for the money.

Bathroom could use a thorough cleaning.

We were upgraded to a suite when the receptionist realized it was our honeymoon. She was very kind. We enjoyed our stay very much.

The room needs to be updated. The recliners looks old.

It was very nice and clean when you walk in. Front desk was very sweet and he was able to give me extra towels. Bed is very comfortable.

In our room, the bed sheets were very uncomfortable with balls all over them. Our desk chair was broken, our room was not cleaned one day, the floor was never swept in 5 nights, no extra tissue was provided, no clean towels, towels thin and scratchy, coffee maker never cleaned and was dirty when we got there, and fridge was broken. In our daughter's and son-in-law's first room, the light in the entrance did not work, the fire alarm beeped as it needed a replacement battery, the sheets were covered with balls. In their second room, they had no towels, wash cloths, hand towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, or tissue, but the sheets were fine and the fire alarm was not beeping. Their room was not cleaned for two days and they found the cleaning cart and got their towels and other needed items. Breakfast had no protein except for hard boiled eggs in the shell, never had them in the shell at a hotel before! Many items ran out and were not replenished like coffee on our last day. Tables were not cleaned off after people left until breakfast was closed. Also, even over NYE/Sugar Bowl events, breakfast began at 5 and was over at 9! Hardly conducive to the party atmosphere participants!! We will never book here again, but feel the lack of service was due to poor staffing choices other than the desk clerks.

Check in was fast and efficient. The desk staff was superior on every shift. They handled the issues they could and apologized for our problems. Parking was plentiful and close to the entrance. The front desk staff handled so many of our problems by coming to our room and bringing extra pillows, coffee, towels, wash cloths, hand towels, tissue, shampoo, and conditioner. We did not ask them to make our bed or clean our floor!!

The stink additudes of some of the staff members. They weren't so welcoming. But didn't let it still my joy. And yes if I ever come back yes I would think about this hotel in mind

The peace and quiet and my room

The carpet in the room was dirty, there was a tar like substance on the floor by the bed. The heater when turned on set off the smoke alarm due to the smell.

Breakfast was good, plenty of food available. The staff were very nice. The area is nice.

Toilet didn't work, housekeeping did a poor job, breakfast is so minimal and blan. Not tasty

I'm so scared from my first stay. Doubt I'll ever want to be back at this hotel.

There was no Wifi or cable television. The front desk said there was a problem in the area with the cable company, we went without television and internet our entire stay

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When we arrived it took forever for someone to unlock the doors to let us in. We got to the room and the toilet handle was broken. It would not flush. I paid way too much for the quality of this room.

The manger was nice.

The unprofessinalism of the staff. They tried to make it better but I would rate this hotel 3 stars for trying. I arrived with a party of 5, 3 separate rooms. My room apparently was not reserved through their system but with my confirmation number it was found but was given another room. On top of that my credit card was charged multiple times for someone else's room & they apparently didnt have clean towels. But I always bring towels from home when I travel so if we didn't have towels we would have been screwed. When asked housekeeping about towels, she replied get it from the front desk!! Very unprofessional.

The comfort of the bed.

Room was somewhat small for 2 queen beds, and we hardly had any space in between. Air conditioner was old and very loud, kids kept waking up at night. On the floor above us somebody was very very loud all night long, and it was hard to sleep.

Breakfast was family friendly, kids enjoyed the waffles. The front lobby was very nice. Room was ok.

Air conditioner was very dry and partial of dust could be seen throughout the room, I checked the filters and there was so much caked on dirt looked like no one cleaned them for years. I told the front desk to send someone from maintenance . When we got back in the evening it wasn't fixed, I went to the front desk and the to a look at it and gave us a different room.

I hated my stay. The hotel had huge cockroaches, the fire alarm kept alarming, house keeping did not once change our bedding and I had a 5 day stay, the tub water was backed up and the toilet made a loud noise every time it was flushed. The hotel staff didn't speak English or had broken English and it was hard to communicate. One of the staff boyfriends came to beat her up. I have videos. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! NO SHUTTLE PROVIDED AND THEN TAXI AND UBER CHARGES ADDITIONAL PRICE.

n/a

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This was my 2nd Baymont stay and both times there were no towels in the room and the TV was wacky. No pool access this time. I also didn't like that I found soda behind the curtain and a cigarette under the bed.

Spacious, helpful and friendly staff, mostly clean-- I did find a cigarette under the bed and a can of pop someone left behind. It was quiet- no disturbances. Comfy bed. Customer service phoned our room shortly after we checked in to ensure we had everything we needed.

The staff at the hotel was horrible.The bathroom had a cockroach bigger than I ever seen iny life the room period had a dirty feeling to it. My aunt keeped getting locked out there room. I had a day charge that they justed called a misunderstanding on my end said the manger and did nothing about it.

The location wasn't far from our events.

TV didn't work. I explained to overnight guy at the front desk that the TV in one of our two rooms was working fine and the other one was not. He was so rude and said he wasn't worried about the other TV and to unplug it and plug it back in to see if it would work. We finally found a way to turn it on but could not adjust the volume. He had not solution for us nor offered any help or room change and there were several open rooms!!! Not helpful.

Parking and access to rooms was great location to food was convenient. Rooms were very clean and beds were super comfy.

There were a few things that didn't work, one of the irons and one light. But the stay at the hotel was great.

We were very comfortable. The front desk clerks were very nice. I will book here again if l travel back to this area. I like the breakfast area that was included with our rooms.

The bed was really big and the staff was AMAZING. I wish I would have gotten their names but they were really pleasant! Will definitely be staying there again!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

no swimming pool and complementary breakfast closed too early.

great room, with all things necessary for everyone to get ready before leaving the room, complete breakfast in big open area. Great bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Treadmill gym key needs replacement Wi-Fi not up to par no good restaurants in neighborhood

Breakfast OK room smell agreeable personal friendly and cooperative parking sufficient spatious laundry adequate safety deposit box available nice hanging big lamp in hobby tourist folders available good beds bathroom good illumination

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

We thought it was going to be closer to downtown so we could cab it but we had to drive cause it would have cost for a cab. On the your site it said 5. 25 miles but that was across the water. It was like a 40 minute drive.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location was not the greatest. Water pressure wasn't the best. The room took a while to cool off and the air conditioner wasn't the coldest.

The staff were extremely friendly. We came with a large crowd and everyone happened to go down for breakfast at the same time and the sweet lady worked very hard to keep the breakfast bar full. She had a smile on her face the entire time while she ran around like a crazy lady trying to make sure dozen's of parents had coffee and kids had waffles. The front desk gentleman (didn't get his name) was super friendly when we checked in and out. The room was very nice and clean and good size. When you walked in there was a little hallway before you made it to the beds which we liked. It had a mini-fridge and microwave. There was a store right across the street incase you forgot something you could go to. The parking was easy to get on and off the road. The bed was very comfy and there were a lot of pillows on each bed. I would recommend the room for someone on a budget and traveling to this area. I can not express again how nice the staff were to us and everyone with our large group. They were even able to provide us with a room for our girls to practice at on the last minute which was a huge deal.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Upon check in the "manager" was extremely rude. I went up to my room which smelled like mildew and proceeded to check everything out. I do this everywhere I stay. I went to inspect the bathroom and the shower and floor were filthy. There was mildew all on the shower. I look at the toilet and it has pee on the side as I lifted the lid there was urine and public hair on it. The floor was not cleaned in the bathroom and the carpet was not vacuumed in the main room. I called Downstairs to have a maid sent up called for over 10 mins and no one answered. Instead of spending my vacation on the phone I cleaning the bathroom from top to bottom on own with lysol spray. When we left for the night I went to inform the front desk and was told I should have called down. I explained I did and then was told there was nothing they could do because the maids and manager had left for the night.

The male front desk attendant was nice and Uber ride wasn't that expensive from this location to downtown.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

House keeping should do a better job in cleaning up the rooms. The rooms were clean when we arrived but they didn't vacuum the floors during our stay. As a result the room carpet was dirty for our stay duration of 3 days. Introduce some variation in breakfast.

Just 15 minutes from New Orleans town center and the traffic is fast moving too with all highway access. Free parking on premises and rooms were big and clean.

I booked a non-smoking room. The room was definitely NOT a no-smoking room. The smell was the first thing I registered. There was left over food in the mini fridge. I had to clean the fridge. I could have let the front desk to take care of it of course; but I did not want to wait any more because the left over food was also very smelly. When I told it to the front desk, all I got was an "I'm sorry". The bath tub did not drain well. When I was taking a shower, there was water up to my ankles. The water was drained a while later, leaving the foam at the tub, which I had to clean so my family can take their shower. This place definitely was not worth the money I paid. I will not recommend it to anyone. I stayed at another Baymont Inn the day before at a different town and paid half the price. Everything was so much better there.

The breakfast was good.

The cleanliness of room. Roaches present, no blanket on bed, carpet dirty and not vacuumed, towels and face clothes thin and not very clean. Hotel manager attempted to charge my debit card prior to my arrival even when booking.com stated no charge until check in.

Close to destination.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

At breakfast only Hard boiled eggs were offered and those were only available on one day of our 3 day stay. When we returned to the hotel after a day of sightseeing our bed had not been made. Then we did not get any bath towels on our 2nd day. Lastly we never did see where the whirlpool and swimming pool were.

The front desk clerk on duty of our first full day there was very helpful in giving us not just verbal but written directions to get us where we wanted to go to spend the day. Turns out, the location of the hotel was not too far from the French Quarter and other points of interest around New Orleans.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Breakfast is simple and you're better off going out. Bedsheets were stained but not dirty.

Easy access to freeway and easy to find. Less than 10 minutes to downtown.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room was dirty when we got there!!! The bathroom floor was sticky, I ask them to send housekeeper but they say she left already, it was 10pm when we arived at the hotel. The next day early I ask them to clean it, but until 4pm nobody cleaned our room, I asked again at 6pm then she came to clean the bathroom, she only cleaned the bathroom!!! This hotel is disgusting we were uncomfortable during our stay!!! Everything was booked around so we didn't have a choice than staying. But never again

We didn't eat the breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Room was dirty, not vaccumed, bathroom not clean. Requested a vaccum and clean but only the bathroom got done for our second night. Curtains damaged, heater damaged, ceiling damaged, no TP dispenser etc. Disappointing

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

They didn't check the room to make sure coffee pots and towels are available the maid was cute and lazy

Location 8miles away /don't take cab to to activities to expensive if your driving /if not 50 dollar range back and fourth 20 dollar parking near festsvills

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The motel was noisy. We could hear everything that was going on in the next room. I mean everything!!!!!!. We will never stay here again. Not much of a breakfast.

Cleaniless of motel. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

the beds were never changed our whole 5 day stay. they never had towels when needed. The house keeping staff was young children and not one of them can make a bed properly or spoke English, the same children put out the continental breakfast.... SAD

the location

There could have been meat and eggs on the breakfast menu. The housekeeping staff could have more courteous especially when asking for towels and cups. I reported to the housekeeping that the water was not draining out of the tub and sink thinking she would let you know. No English.

The comfort of the bed was excellent.

Rude staff, lumpy spring beds. Not even full pillows and real bedding/linens provided. Room service cleaned the room and only provided small towels(no large towels). Required payment upfront. Noisey group next door and hotel staff offered no kind of emapthy or solution.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The breakfast selection wasn't good - no tea bags, hot chocolate, bananas, oranges, etc. Maid only left one towel for two people had to ask front desk for more.

The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. The staff was extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Towels had to be picked up at the front desk, and realizing this at 7am when you're ready to shower, was inconvenient to say the least.

Clean, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The room had a very fishy smell that was quite unpleasant. We were offered a swap but the location of the room suited us and we were tired so just wanted to sleep and declined.

The receptionists were twins and the young men were a delight to deal with.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Only thing was when we unfixed the beds there were strands of hair on the mattress sheets. We just placed a sheet on top.

Nice location (about 15 minutes away from Superdome), friendly staff, easy check-in and out, free breakfast, great size rooms, Cox cable, mini refrigerator, microwave, and comfortable beds. Brian checked us in and out and even took the time out to take us pictures.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Cleaning of room limited to early morning hours. This was a leisure trip I slept in late but couldn't get my room cleaned after the noon hour. Very limited breakfast options.

Good value for price.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

I would like to have had a do not disturb sign in the room already and not had to ask for one. Also the room cleaning time seemed to be rather late in the afternoon. During my trip I return around 3pm expecting my room to be cleaned when in fact they had not started on my room.

I liked the breakfast! I would had preferred the times were different, maybe ending at 10am instead. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. I liked that the main entrance gets locked after hours. Very grand entrance in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Everything.... Customer service terrible. The pics online are fslsa advertisement of the facility. We did not touch the rooms and immediately after entering wanted to check out and he said I couldn't. We spent most of the night out to keep from being in the room and disgusted.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

No luggage dollies available, no pool

Shower was big

I didn't care for the shower head. It couldn't be adjusted.

My room was big and alot of room.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

They Made the bed up and left dirty sheets and pillow cases on bed.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

No towels and had to ask for sheets and blankets for my daughter

Staff were really friendly and rooms were clean.

Shower head in shower should have worked better.Carpet needed some minor attention.

Handicap room was very specious. Very comfortable beds.

The service

internet NOT very reliable, room smelled, room service skipped our room two out of the 4 days we stayed.

just an average hotel

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Room is too dark for my taste.

Comfy beds, quiet, good parking space, safe area

Comfy bed and professional, courteous and cordial staff.

Close to my traveling enter state

Na

Convenience of location. Cleanliness of room

didn't like the breakfast, they could of had a better breakfast menu

I slept comfortable

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definately stay here again!

The breakfast was pretty good but no meat of any kind. Parking was very well lighted.

Rough location

Clean room

My friends bed squeaked. Fridge, microwave and fan in bathroom did not work

My bed was fluffy and soft

Fire alarm going off at 11:30 pm

Firm Bed

Clean

The bathtub was a bit dingy.

The look of the lobby and breakfast.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable.

Comfortable