Reviews of Sleep Inn Memphis 2 stars

2855 Old Austin Peay Highway, Memphis, TN 38128, USA

#59 of 88 hotels in Memphis

I would never recommend anyone to stay here my first vacation and it was ruined.

When I got there I was immediately unhappy do two mitigating factors all the pictures will explain my unhappiness not to mention the hot tub was broken only two Jets worked and on the final day they had it closed to chlorine in it in the two and a half days I was there I was the only one that use the pool or hot tub

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Very rude front desk workers. Rooms were barely clean went said something to front desk no rooms available. Was going to stay 3 nights we only stayed one. Pool was dirty.

Nothing. Worst hotel I ever stayed in. Will never stay again.

Could hv been better for the price I paid

The closed in bathroom, the refridge being on something holding it up, the fact the door key didn’t work and we had to either leave out one at a time while the other stayed to open the door or we had to leave the door cracked, no one cleaned the water in elevator which was enough to cause an accident and the processed eggs was horrible as well as the eating area wasn’t clean

The room was a nice size and clean

I wish I could give a 0! But 2.5 is the lowest

Property had bedbugs in multiple rooms!!!!!!!! And the manager Erica never apologized about the situation. She acted as if it was our fault the rooms were infested. So disgusting

I did not like anything about the property

It was excellent as usual.

I can't think of anything else.

The room was clean. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and efficient. Whenever I am in Memphis TN, I usually stay at this hotel. I feel safe and the hotel itself is clean

Uncomfortable. Didn't sleep well at all.
    • King Room - Smoking

Too many hoodlums. Walking streets. In hotel like homeless.

Coffee maker was a joke. Shower filthy and slippery. A liitle bleach and elbow grease could do wonders. Unsafe location. Memphis is dirty. Won't go back.

at the front desk .

having a waffle maker would be great

at the front desk .the young lady raven who checked us in was not only pleasent but gave us imformation on the city which was more than helpful for us being from out of town very people friendly this younglady was I will be alway looking for now on getting room 's from sleep in keep training your people this way we love it

The rooms were they were pictured however toilet stayed overflowing with each flush.

The front desk staff was very rude and had attitudes. The pool area hot tub wasn't hot at the floor didn't have drains in the the elevator floors stayed wet and nasty

It close to the places i went staying there.

I found that this property was in a bad area & a little...
    • King Room - Smoking

I found that this property was in a bad area & a little too far from Memphis downtown, overall the customer services was excellent. Our shower did not work so we had to change rooms & it appears to cost us too much in Ubers to go anywhere. Not much food options either, I would not walk the street @ night time.

Fine for one night

On entering we had to wait until reception staff stopped having a conversation before we were acknowledged! There was also a very strange strong odour of dope/marijuana which carried right through the corridors and into the rooms it really made us quite nervous! The rooms were alright but the safe in our room wasn't there and in our friends room the safe wasn't even bolted to anything. Not good!

Loved the fact there was secure free parking.

Memphis Blues

The manager never gave us an option for smoking or non smoking. She was indifferent when we told her a stranger walked in using a key they gave to him while we were sleeping. NO apolpgies!!! Never again!!!

The inside pool was good. The staff did provide fresh towels and the cleaned our room each day. It was close to the freeways. The kitchen staff did provide fresh coffee.

All in all nice place to stay..would come back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I didn't like the additional $1 and $2.50 charge added on when I checked in..charging me for a safe I didn't ask for or use? And there was a huge stain on the comforter we didn't see til the next morning..but housekeeping should have

Our desk clerk Raven was very friendly and helpful, went above and beyond. The room was nice and comfortable.

Good for the money

Cons of the hotel : THE SHOWER is a walk-in, no bathtub ! So, there was quite a few time I thought I was going to slip and I thought " I dont have life alert". There was one vertical bar and that was about it . I would have preferred a bathtub so I could sit and soak for the days activities , but that wasn't a deal breaker. Lastly, there was a $50 convenience fee that was not mentioned before booking the hotel , that should have been because that was my deal breaker . I expected to pay a certain price and that was not the case .

I was amazed with the room ! It was very clean and the bed was MAGNIFICENT ! The pool and Jacuzzi were not bad either. ! Overall the hotel was an amazing experience ! If I go back to Memphis I will be booking at this hotel again ... :)

wont go back and wished i got a refund and please release my money off of hold

microwave was broke the safe didnt work i have pic of mold in my room i brought airfreshner for our rooms for thee strong smell of weed and gave one to the staff she apoligized and acknowdledged it but did nothing pool and jacuzzi had hair and bugs floating

Lobby had a strong odor.

Lobby had a strong odor. Carpets definitely need a good shampoo. Toilet in the room was wobbly. Bathroom space too cramped. Only one housekeeper to handle ALL tasks: breakfast service, hotel laundry and cleaning rooms. And, she brought her daughter to work with her!!! Returned the first day from sight seeing at 5:30pm and housekeeper was STILL cleaning rooms!!! Front desk staff very cold in delivery. She was not dressed professionally, wearing leggings with her wrinkly blouse. Blue hair!!! Demeanor was very matter of fact. No smile. Hard floor hallway outside pool area was very slippery and always wet, easily being a fall hazard.

Never again!

They sold my king room to someone and the desk clerk tried to tell me they were sold out. Finally after checking to see if a room was clean which it wasn't, they gave us a double room. Soon as we got on elevator it smelled of marijuana. Comforter had cigarette burns in them. Sheets were dirty. Towels smelled like cigarettes. Took 20 mins to get hot water in shower. There was a water leak outside our room. When we arrived it was dark, when we woke the next morning, the appearence on property was old and not appealing. Definitely will NOT stay there again!!!

Beds were somewhat comfortable.

More bad than good

Needed to change rooms the first night. TV would not turn off. Night staff did well with that experience. Morning staff was rude and not helpful giving different information about the breakfast and the pool. Short last was pretty rude to my wife. Just a place to sleep.

Night staff was helpful and kind.

Decent stay

Indoor pool deck was so slippery that people kept falling down. Needs some ventilation and warmer water. The bathroom was small.

Location good. Breakfast was fine. Front desk was helpful.

Pick somewhere else.

Find somewhere else! This place is filthy, smells in the foyer, hallways and rooms. They add on charges for a safe and limited warranty after you check in.

I absolutely loved the Manager Mrs.

I didn't like the smell of Pot on my floor which was the third floor. The breakfast was alright.

I absolutely loved the Manager Mrs. Rose. She was wonderful as long as she's the Manager I will definitely return!!! The security system was amazing! I was not afraid nor worried about my vehicle.

Stay somewhere else!!
    • King Room - Smoking

The cable didn’t work half the time I was there and the pool was dirty and gross. the hot tub was cold and had a gross film on it matter of fact the pool was warmer! The neighborhood isn’t the greatest either.. the website says it’s close to Graceland but it’s actually a half hour away!! If I was to go back to Memphis I would not stay there!! It smells bag too☹️

Location,clean,and comfortable .
    • King Room - Smoking

I had got a room,it was after 10 pm when my fiance was coming in after 10,the damn security and he say he the manager,wouldn't let her up even when I came down and told him,I'm thru no more sleep inn for me in or out of town.

Location,clean,and comfortable .

I was very upset and left without getting any rest .

Hello the only thing I love was the room was clean but the over night manger forgot to get the money from me and he banged on my door all night I didn't open because I was alone . I didn't get any sleep and I was upset and late for work the next day . His actions was unprofessional and not accepted . He even blocked my car with his white truck .

cleanliness

The stay was nice. Dont judge a book by its cover...

The fire alarm started going off at 4:30 a.m. It continued going off majority of the morning but that was a glitch that could not be controlled.

The rooms were better than I expected. The shower was spacious. The refrigerator was really cold.

We we're very happy with our stay.

Please see above.

We we're very happy with our stay. The only downside was the strong smell of smoke in the corridors but fortunately it didn't pervade the rooms. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed the breakfast.

Would not stay there again.

Location; more cable channels

The property was fenced in with barbed wire on side. Felt like we were in unsafe territory. TV only had a few main channels plus a few sports ones. The staff was very friendly and worked with that they had.

Good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Location but the inside of the hotel made you forget about the location. The 50 dollar deposit in case of damages. The hot tub Jacuzzi was not hot enough for me.

We stayed at this motel in Hannibal the night before, it was so much nicer & quite.

1st of all the heat- cool system alarm went off @ 4:30a.m. Then the alarm clock went off @ 6:a.m. We never set any alarm.

The cleanliness and the staff.

My Home Away From Home

I don't see anything that I didn't enjoy except the pillows caused a kink in my neck. And my husband didn't like the breakfast.

The cost was excellent. This is our go to hotel so we look at it as our home away from home.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Location was in bad part of town. Access to highway was near. Carpet in public areas need deep cleaned.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Room clean and comfortable Staff made sure we were taken care of and felt safe. Pool was clean and hot tub was small but worked well

The rooms were very clean and the maid service was excellent!

No complaints! All EXCELLENT!!

The rooms were very clean and the maid service was excellent! Complimentary breakfast was very nice and was kept stocked the entire breakfast time. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of pillows. Close to our relatives and very secure at night with locked gates. Overall just a wonderful visit, it was our third time staying there, coming to town for weddings and a funeral and a birth! And will be back soon for another wedding.

Not pleased. Will not be staying here again.

Upon entering I was the second person in line. It took me 30 minutes to check-in. Rose the front desk clerk/housekeeper, stated that there were numerous call-outs from other employees. Rose asked me was I having a party, I replied no, it's just me, my husband and son. She replies great because I'm giving you one of the better rooms on the first floor. I said, o wow thank you. I give her my debit card for payment and Rose States I need to give her a $50 deposit "cash". I said ok sure even though I thought that was weird she could've just taken it from the card. I asked Rose for receipt for deposit & she refused to give me a receipt for my cash deposit telling me that she's there everyday, so I'll get my deposit back for sure. I still couldn't understand why the deposit wasn't on the original receipt...just the cost and tax for room per night. I get to the so-called better room and the entire bathroom needed cleaning and clearly needed to be updated. Check-out time, I asked for Rose. She comes down after 10 minutes.I told her I needed my deposit back. She go gets the envelope, comes from behind the counter and asks me to step to the side. She informs me that I had more than 3 people in the room and I'm not getting my security deposit back. She clearly saw at check-in myself, husband and son. At check-out as she's telling me this foolishness, my husband and son are loading up the car. Myself and others in the lobby clearly believe she set this entire thing up with this "cash deposit" thing from check-in with the intent to make up lies to steal my deposit. I'm sure Rose has gotten away with this from others, and for some strange reason she thought she was gonna pull a fast one on me. I will be calling corporate headquarters on her to inform them of her actions before she tries to find her next victim.

The bed was very comfy. I slept well!

Probably will stick to Best Western, Days Inn or LaQuinta in the future, just wanted to give Choice
    • King Room - Smoking

The problem with this hotel is mainly with maintenance issues. The first thing we encountered was the fact the toilet didn't work and they had to send the maintenance guy to fix it. The shower knob just about fell off in our hand, the bathroom doorknob wouldn't lock and the door to the bathroom wouldn't stay shut. The knob seemed to be held on by a thread. The in-room coffee maker did not work, seemed to be missing a part and leaked water out all over our stuff before we noticed it broke. The office chair was missing a wheel and I didn't notice that until I sat in it and tipped over. There was no bathmat in the bathroom and water from the shower soaked the bathroom floor. We did ask for a bathmat the second day and one was provided. I think we paid around $70 a night but to me the value for the money just wasn't there!

I liked the cleanliness of the room and the fact that the bed was comfortable enough. I appreciated the fact they let us check in 35 minutes early as I wasn't feeling well. There was plenty of storage, a microwave and fridge and the water got nice and hot.

Comfortable beds

It wasn't the property, but more the location of the hotel. Hotel was in a sketchy part of town and was surrounded by iron gates that needed to be opened by security that wasn't very attentive. At one point we had to get out of the car to go ask the front desk to have someone open the gate.

Comfortable beds

My sink was not working and i told magnament they promise to...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

My sink was not working and i told magnament they promise to fix it by 2pm but they didn’t . I returned back to the room and my sink was still broken and no one came to fix it.

Easy to get to.

Our sink stayed clogged up, our bathroom door didn’t shut completely, the front desk manager was rude at check in, & our room didn’t have a door latch for extra security.

Easy to get to.. not too far from Beale. Farther than it says online, though.

Will not be sleeping in at the sleep inn ever again.

The mattress was hard and you could feel the springs poking threw. We woke up to ants all in our room. Outside their was prison wire wrapped around the building that made you feel like you were in prison. The night shift security guard got arrested and the part of town it was located was sketchy.

The night shift workers were funny.

The shower!

The fact that I booked a room for 4 people and we only had 2 towels. When I asked for more they said we couldnt have more unless we brought the other 2 back. They were being used so we couldn’t return them. Strange policy. There should be enough towels for the number of guests

The shower! It was amazing. Beds were comfortable and warm 😀

A restful stay and I would definitely stay there again.

The only two things that I didn't like were the leaky shower ( I believe the shower door frame is in backwards causing the leak ) and the toilet rocked and was not secure to the floor.

The bed was very comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The front desk staff was very professional and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

I enjoyed it ! Very clean
    • King Room - Smoking

We had two box springs under our bed that made a loud noise if we moved A bus took up most the good parking

The modern rooms and wifi Friendly staff Not noises at all Loved the gated parking

Ok.. not pleasant

Water and phone did not work. At check out, these things were checked, remedied, then i was asked to come back to the room to verify instead of any consideration or compensation for my time or comfort.

Comfortable bed

It was a great value for a family on a budget.

I don’t know much about Memphis, but I felt like this property was in a sketchy part of town. The parking lot was fenced and gated and had signs posted about not keeping valuables in the car.

It was a great value for a family on a budget. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and the breakfast was fair.

Good price bad location and outdated

Pool water didn't look clean hot tub wasn't hot, I slept on top of the cover the first night and the second night when I pulled the covers back I found a bed bug under the sheets I killed it and report d it to front desk thankfully my clothes were packed away, I told front desk the lady didn't believe me even though I showed her the bug, it took the maintenance man to encourage her to adjust the charges on my room she said she'd have to pay it out of her own pocket which was ridiculous. I will not be back

The price wasn't terrible breakfast was included

Good not great

I was on the 1st floor in room 105 and somebody was smoking in the room next to me or cross for me he was absolutely ridiculous to deal with

Easy access to my destination

Shower water did not stay warm for duration of shower.

Shower water did not stay warm for duration of shower. Hot tub in pool area not warm. Sounds not muffled very well (could hear loud noises from hallway all night).

I liked everthing, but the shower didn't wont to get hot...

U can hear the people in the next room glad i didn't have kids with me.

I liked everthing, but the shower didn't wont to get hot when we was felt to leave.

If I ever stay in Memphis again, I’ll definitely be back.

If I have to put something maybe the eggs but that’s just nitpicking because the hotel was great.

I loved the size of the rooms! It didn’t feel cramped with 4 people in them. There was enough room for all of us and all our stuff.

Not so good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

There security was so rude to people he walk around talk to people any type of way they allow him to speak to adults and children like this I will never go back but hey you get what you ask for this would of never happen if we would of went to embassy suit

Will not be back. I understand things happen but no accommodations were even offered to help fix it

Booked this room specifically for indoor pool. After I checked in, I inquired of hours for pool. I was then told that it was closed for the day for cleaning and should be open the next morning. The next morning we asked if they could open it an hour earlier so our kids could swim (again, the whole point of staying here was the indoor pool) before checkout. They declined The bed had metal underneath poking out that scratched our legs every time we walked by. Bathroom was small but clean.

Horrible.!!!!!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Gave us a smoking room which we did not want. All my stuff smelled like smoke next day. Very noisy in hallways. Ran out of food for breakfast. Only cold cereal left. The Worst was the smoking room. Could not sleep with that terrible smell. Was sure I said non smoking room on reservation but it automatically gives you a smoking room unless you change. Will never stay there again.

That was my first and my last time staying there
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Every night the hallway smelled like marijuana people were in their room smoking marijuana. The AC unit was rigged up we had to call the front desk to help us with the heat and when the lady came up she smelled like marijuana not sure if it was from the hallway or she had actually been smoking it.

The room was a nice size and the beds were comfortable

Nothing I was very glad to leave the hotel

Nothing I was very glad to leave the hotel

First of all my daughter called to make sure that the pool was heated but it was off cold on the inside . Also the bathroom had a shower that did not have a door handle on it so the shower would not close . I fail around the pool area . The breakfast was absolutely horrible we threw it away and went and bought breakfast ... worst hotel experience that I have had and we use booking.com all the Time

Terrible

The only nice person was a lady name Deborah

The security was terrible, prejudice, he said no visitors after 10 but my husband just got off work!! Very bad experience I will never return there! I was suppose to have two f Double bed rooms I only had one and one king bed!!

Front desk staff was very friendly
    • King Room - Smoking

Have to pay $35 to check in and hour early! So we left and came back and there wasn’t a room clean for us that we booked so we had to wait 30 mins for them to clean a room. Bathroom in room was missing some of the flooring

Front desk staff was very friendly

It was one of the worst hotel stay experiences I have ever had.

The hallway of the hotel smelled like pot. We were given a room that was occupied. The parking lot was supposed to be secured but the gates were all open. The staff was rude and I did not like initialing all the forms and disclaimers. The place was a dump so much that we didn’t even want to dare eating breakfast there!

The price

I loved it

This place was so beautiful and the customer service was really nice... My only problem was when I got a call about check out and it was still 10 or 15 min until check out

Terrifying crime and marijuana! annoying dog barking &no bath tub late pool Open& NO FREE breakfast

High crime area! I swear I heard gun shots last night and the pot pouring into my room with my kids, was unreal!! Then there was dog barking and the free breakfast listed online was a lie and then when I went to soak in hot tub, it doesn’t open until 10 am! One hour before check out and conviently my room doesn’t have a bath tub. Shower only.

The beds weren’t so bad. They didn’t crinkle with water protector but could have used some blankets like I put in my reservation

I asked housekeeping to change our bedding when we left.

I asked housekeeping to change our bedding when we left. Upon our return we came in and checked the bedding and realized that it was not changed,as we requested.

Child's sports activities

Coffee and breakfast cold, rooms small , location awful, no curtesy items from the desk i.e.: medication, toiletries charged a 50$ incidentals fee that will supposedly be refunded that I was made aware of at check in but not at time of booking

The stafff was super friendly

Great stay

The area wasn't the best. I can't remember a time when a popular chain restaurant stopped delivering after dark or staying in a hotel that would get locked down and had an armed security guard. That was a little off putting but I felt very safe. As a single parent, safety is certainly priority.

The bed was really comfortable. You know a bed is awesome when you can get out of it without waking a 3 year old.

Overall enjoyed our stay

Bathroom sink drained slowly. They did work on it but it wasn't any better. Would like to had waffles available for breakfast

Beds were comfortable plenty of towels friendly staff

Overall had an excellent experience in Memphis. Im originally from Belleville,IL
    • King Room - Smoking

Bed makes noice, shower door doesnt shut completely plus no handle, spa is super cold to the touch, the office chairs in room is missing wheels, doesnt serve waffles.

Love the enlarged rooms for the guest comfort and needs.

Overall good deal for money

Little things, my shower door would not stay closed ( could of been broken by last person not reported, shame on me I forgot also). It was quiet, comfy hotel and great staff!

staff was great, hot tub broke due to frozen pipe( not hotels fault they called for service) which led to a warm pool. It was ok! The painting in the rooms not so good, but bed comfy and all items in room

The room was decent and the staff was spectacular!

There were only 2 minor complaints about my stay there. First, the tv in our room didn’t work the entire time we were there. The front desk staff did attempt to get it working, but when they couldn’t, no one suggested that we switch rooms. Second, the tub stopper was broken. We made due with a hand towel jammed down the drain, but it should work.

The room was decent and the staff was spectacular! Jaquie, the evening front desk clerk was as sweet and helpful as she could be. If I thought she would, I would have attempted to recruit her from the hotel to come and work for me!

Awful and discomforting

The laundry facility was currently out of order. The next morning there wasn’t enough breakfast to accommodate my family and we had four rooms with a total of 16 people. I was also accused of taking extra food to the rooms when actually it wasn’t enough food to accommodate my family. They were very rude!

Absolutely nothing! Horrible experience!

The stay was ok other than that!

We went down for breakfast and someone stated they needed everyone room number so they could keep count who was eating but we was the only two people the lady done it to. Only to find out the lady the night before didn’t do something right when I paid with my card so there was confusion.

The breakfast was awesome!

The pool & jacuzzi were broken the entire time we were...

The pool & jacuzzi were broken the entire time we were there and that was one of the reasons we picked that location. The unexpected cold weather also caused issues with the front doors, but I was surprised that after 3 days the issue still wasn't fixed.

We had a great stay and would highly recommend our family and friends to stay at the Sleep Inn.

More choices for breakfast; scrambled eggs is good, but maybe one do sausage, another bacon, biscuit and gravy. For those that don’t eat eggs maybe waffle.

We were going to stay somewhere else that was further out and I found Sleep Inn was closer to Family and more convenient. The room was beautiful, the price was great, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and very it was very clean. We especially liked that there was a gate that was closed at night, so you knew that your vehicle was secure. Thank you for a fantastic stay in Memphis Tn.

Call to book a room rather than book it online
    • King Room - Smoking

Gated parking area and the service from the front desk. The only problem I had was the 1st night we arrived we got stuck in a smoking room and my wife is pregnant. Other than that it was a good stay for the money

Very pleasantly surprised. Great value for the money.

The front desk was civil, but not really very nice.

The shower was fabulous. The bed was great for sleeping. The breakfast had a good selection. Good wifi. The TV had all the sports and news channels.

I enjoyed my stay at this location, except for the exercise equipment mentioned above.

I am a Fitness Instructor and I love to workout early in the morning. I did on this trip. However, the equipment (treadmill, bike and elliptical) were very old! In fact, I haven't seen equipment like that since I was in college! By the way I graduated from college in 1973. Perhaps an investment in more "up to date" workout equipment would be appreciated by those of us who enjoy working out will away from home.

I enjoyed the breakfast. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. The other aspects of our hotel stay were excellent and I loved the price! The server was very helpful and friendly. Hats off to the service that he provided to us during breakfast!!

Wouldn't stay again!

Rang hotel to tell them we would be checking in around 3am, they said that was fine. Got to hotel to an unattended reception, called out and got no answer. Heard moans and groans coming from a door behind the desk so i yelled. A man came out and lied to our face about technical difficulties and the systems going down, meanwhile a girl has followed him out with smudged and unappealing lipstick which didnt look professional at all but confirmed our suspicions about what they were actually doing! We were in the 3 floor, which always had this funky smell. Our room was right next to the pool filtration system so it was always loud in our room. We had trouble with our neighbours. It was maybe 2 or 3am and they were talking loud, we knocked on their door to ask them to be quiet but they continued to be loud. We rang the front desk and he told them to be quiet. As we dozed off to sleep the neighbours banged on our door so hard and yelled profanities. It's a bit far out of the city.

The breakfast.

It was ok.

The alarm went off at 4 am, I️ didn’t know pets were allowed and there was a dog barking st 6am. The room next to ours had young teenagers in and they were extremely loud. I only two towels in my room for two people for two showers.

Pillows and bed was sooo nice.

great place to stay very comfortable
    • King Room - Smoking

That my shower door didn't close all the way so water was on the bathroom floor had to put towels down

The room was great. It has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi tub very nice touch. Didn't get up to eat breakfast but heard from our neighbors that it was delicious.

A great clean friendly place

Despite the negative reviews I read after booking the reservation, this property was nothing like those reviewes stated. The Hotel is a older hotel but the food have been updated and the design is good and the room is very clean and so are the bathrooms. I inspect the rooms prior to laying my head down on any hitel room bed and our bed was super clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and nice and the breakfast was very good. I totally recommend staying here and the prices are great prices.

Browse Sleep Inn Memphis traveller photo gallery