Reviews of Sleep Inn North - Macon 3 stars

3928 Riverplace Drive, Macon, GA 31210, USA

#17 of 47 hotels in Macon

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

The rooms were beautiful and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were beautiful and clean. Beds were so comfortable!! Breakfast was delicious! Little hotel that packs a BIG punch! Love..love loved it!!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Lovely.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As night owls, me and my partner arrived at this hotel extremely early in the morning. I always get especially worried that we'll have to wait and sleep in the car until check-in. Upon arrival I explained the situation, and the manager at the front desk had me in a nice room that was just cleaned, within moments. Staff is friendly and excellent. Thanks again, Sleep Inn North Macon.

My stay at Sleep Inn North Macon
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect. Breakfast was great with a wide variety to choose from. Room was spacious. Very quiet facility, I will visit again and recommend.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

excellent location, quiet and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Like when there is a local tv guide available. Staff was very friendly and helpful in telling us about local attractions we might want to visit.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

In an emergency..good enough but never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like febreeze and chemicals. There was what I can only assume was mold on the lampshade. Was only given two bath towels. The bathroom shower had dirty/moldy grout. There was a roach in the hallways that had been killed but not picked up. I also had to lean on the door hard in order to get the dead bolt to lock.

Location was good. Staff was able to assist me in refunding my third night since I needed to leave. The breakfast area was clean. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were quiet.

Good and clean!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast a bit of a disappoint, only having waffles and no scrambled eggs and sausages. I went to a 2 star motel that had all of that.

Comfort, and staff great!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Lovely Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not that much seating for breakfast but we got a table.

The staff was very friendly and offered to help take belonging up to the room. They offered lemonade and popcorn which was good. The room was clean and they provided lots of towels, shampoo, and soap. Breakfast was good, there were many options to choose from. Overall it was a great hotel and would recommend to others.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Customer service had a nasty attitude when he was told there were multiple roaches in the room and could we get another room.. he asked why was my company even there at the room if they weren’t staying

Good place for one night
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hallways had a nasty smell, the room didn’t smell too great either. Almost like there was a ventilation problem. Of course this could be a temporary thing that needs fixed. Could use some deep-cleaning as some areas were a little dirty and seemed to be missed. Overall wasn’t too bad.

Good location. Breakfast was good. Stayed here driving from Indiana to Florida to our honeymoon.

It was suitable for our needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My husband thought the carpets looked like they needed a good cleaning and the pool heater was broken.

The pool was under maintenance. The desk said the pool heater was out for the next forty-five days. We were just passing through and needed sleeping quarters, but the kids did want to swim. That was a slight disappointment. The continental hot breakfast was great. The children loved the waffles.

Excellent for the money...locaton good....was great for what I was looking for...the pool was out of
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The pillows were just too big as fat...and hard...the pool was out of service and it was very hot....seems the pool is always out of service...??

Bed was great...pillows...too big and hard....the breakfast was very nice..good choice...and everything was clean and people were very nice..

It was a nice stay for what we needed it for and for the price we paid.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very hot. We got in there and the AC wasn't on. It took quite a long time before it cooled off in there. The room was small so it should have cooled off quicker. There were a few stains on the carpet. I feel they need a cleaning or to be replaced. I got this hotel in the hopes we could swim but the pool was closed.

The stay was nice. Checking in was fast and easy. They already had my reservation. They were super nice and friendly. The bed was super comfortable. The room it self was a good size for what we needed. The Hot breakfast was very good.

Great value for your money. Staff was helpful & friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower door didn’t shut completely allowing water to flow where it shouldn’t & could have been a potential safety issue. The pool was closed for maintenance, which was not a concern for us but might be for others.

The motel was nice & clean & exceeded our expectations for the cost. The free breakfast was much better than one we paid for at a triple priced Holiday Inn at Fort Meyers. They were several well known restaurants within walking or close driving distance, including Carrabba’s which I was told to be the best the chain offers.

Awesome Breakfast Variety
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower handle was missing a main screw so it would try to come off when getting out of the shower. Not a huge deal though.

I enjoyed the decoration in the hotel like the plants painted on the wall in the lobby and the green accent wall in the room. It had more personality than other hotels. The staff was very nice and the beds were comfy and clean. They have free lemonade and popcorn set out for a snack in the evenings and the breakfast was the best of all the budget hotels we've stayed at while traveling across the country. They had biscuits, gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, coffee, a variety of teas, waffles with fruit toppings, and more. It was a great final hotel for our week-long trip.

Clean place to lay your head after a long drive between destinations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hmm bathroom repairs were not the most professionally done

Availability, morning breakfast staff, friendly and seemed to know a lot of the people who stays.

Southern hospitality, very clean room, and a great value!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived around midnight, and staff was still EXTREMELY friendly and welcoming! They had popcorn and lemonade in the lobby, and she was in the middle of cleaning it up for the night when she noticed my weary-from-traveling children. She pointed out that there was still some popcorn left and offered to wait to finish cleaning it up until we'd had time to unload our luggage and return to the lobby for a late night snack. I wasn't expecting popcorn, and I certainly wouldn't have expected the hotel staff to stop what they were doing to wait for me while I unpacked after midnight!

Didn't want to leave.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine with me. The manager is tops!!

Didn't want to leave. Too bad it was only a short stay. Will always be my pick when Macon is involved.

Outstanding
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was under maintenance. I dont know if they had a work out room. So I cant comment on that.

The Staff was outstanding. I cant say enough about Mark G. at the desk. He was my tour guide and was so helpful in guiding me around Macon GA and what restaurant to eat at. He was so helpful. The breakfast had a good assortment of stuff to eat. Sleep Inn was by far the best motel I stayed in. That week we slept in 3 other Motels on are travels. I would have no problem going back there to stay and if I do I will go there.

I would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Indoor Pool was closed. Pillows were too firm for my taste. It was a little pricey compared to other hotels in the area but perhaps that was due to ongoing local festival.

Great people, Nice room, good food.

It was a nice size room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Indoor pool was out of commission (only reason I chose this hotel.) The fan was way too loud in the bathroom. They had something strange on the wall. The tv was way too small. The ac was falling apart.

It was a nice size room. Nice bedding and comfortable beds.

Met our needs as a stop from Ohio to Florida.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool closed for maintenance. Room window was obscured by condensation. View was parking lot. Good bed. Good water pressure lots of breakfast options. Would stay again.

That was the most relaxing trip I have ever had.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bacon was little salty, I wish we had a table with two chairs in our room

The bed was like a cloud, the shower was wonderful, tv size great, I enjoyed the peace and quiet, we ad extra pillows which was great.

Macon
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel was more expensive but not as well maintained, thebathroom show was awful,glass door did not seal. Breakfast was ok but this doesnt mean it was great.

It was close to the freeway and a nice eatery.

For a one nite stay it was perfect. A few good restaurants within walking distance.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a coffee maker in the room but no pot to go with it.

The breakfast was very good. Large selection of hot and cold items. Bed was very comfortable.

would highly recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would love to have second chair.

Excellent breakfast. Immediate response when needed new battery for smoke alarm. Room equipped with microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker TV. Friendly and helpful staff.

I did not appreciate the double charge on a room for 1 night...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not appreciate the double charge on a room for 1 night stay. When I called to ask about it the front desk man was not very helpful. He said I was causing him grief. I called my bank to drop the second hold on my card and imagine this, he dropped the hold on Sleep Inns end.. Be careful when using a card here. They try to double charge for 1 night stay

The room was very nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not very satisfying. The eggs were powdered eggs and the bacon was not crisp. We were disappointed. May stay there again but not eat the breakfast.

The room was very nice.

Very friendly staff and the room was very clean and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff and the room was very clean and comfortable. Also enjoyed the little late night free snack (hot popcorn and lemonade). Everything was right on time.

Cozy, but not fancy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property appeared run-down; chipped paint, light bulbs out, in need of a deep clean. Pool/spa was also not functional while were there.

I loved the cheery decor, unique showers, and extra soft bed!

The staff was very kind, specially the lady in charge of...

Wifi didn't work for many of our devices, only a few got lucky. They gave us a number to call for technical support, but it should not be the guests who make the call.

The staff was very kind, specially the lady in charge of breakfast. Courtesy popcorn and lemonade :)

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Very very dirty and run down
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean the room and walls maybe once a month.shower tap was broke .plastic bottom was broke and glued .repairs all over the walls bad ones at that .blood stains on carpet .dirt on all the walls and doors with dripping trails .Would have left but very tired from driving

Not much the price was ok

Overall stay was good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booked specifically because of the indoor pool and it was closed. I wasn't made aware until the day of my trip so I didn't have time to try to find another hotel

Breakfast was good. Everything was clean and neat.

Great experience

Rooms were good size

It was very nice and good price. They had free popcorn and pink lemonade out in the evening. A lot of choices for free breakfast. Very good

Won't return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only selected because of price and because of indoor pool. Wanted my kids to be able to stretch out and play after a day or car riding. The pool was not open in fact it was drained. I wish I would have been made aware of that before i arrived or at the very least at check in. I requested a roll away bed also due to my kid needing space and was charged $12. I haven't ever been charged for a roll away. Bedding was stained, holes in wall in room, and carpets were gross. I do not recommend this place at all. Stay next door!

Location was nice. Right off the interstate and close to lots of restaurants

Run down property, not worth what we paid to stay there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was gross, and much of the property was very run down. After reading several good reviews, I was very shocked to find the room so run down and dirty. Our room definitely needed some repairs and a good thorough cleaning. There was a large hole in the shower, hair on the mattress pad, peeling paint on the walls, etc. It looks like they are doing some renovations (lobby looked nice), but the room we stayed in was not at the quality level we expected or paid for. The pool area was pretty dingy, but I believe they said they were getting ready to drain and resurface it. Because of the condition of our room, it was hard to feel comfortable, and I did not want to move to a different room as we checked in very late at night, and had already brought in all our luggage, etc.

The staff was friendly, and the pillows and bed were comfortable. Breakfast was decent, and had plenty of choices. I felt that the property was in a safe area.

Bedbug infested
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sleep at your owm risk bedbug infested have pictures. Would never sleep there again.

Please do not sleep there there are bedbugs. Had a sleepless night and management was unwilling to help.

No crowds.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smell in the room was an old wet mildew smell. Had to keep spraying room with air freshener which in turn continuously set off fire alarm

No crowds. Entrance and presentation of the facility overall good

Worst experience at a hotel, ever.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

No elevator to second floor, had to drag luggage upstairs. Floor was soft in corner as if it would fall through. Made mistake of walking barefoot on carpet and feet got sticky.

No sleep and mold in rooms...yuck
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was like a rock sheets felt moist but most importantly there was a strong order in the room after a little looking around i found a huge patch of black/Green mold on the walls....did not get a good nights sleep window blinds my cover all the window so the street light was beaming in our room all night and at 2am a group of drunk men keep making commotion in the hallway(I know that's not the hotels fault) but just all around didn't get much sleep and then to wake up in the morning and the lobby coffe mechine was broke!

The staff was friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelled of Urine/mold. The shower was put together poorly and had mold around it. The breakfast was fair at best. You can tell they use powdered eggs

The staff was friendly. We were at hotel for Hurricane Evacuation.

Way stop but outdoor lighting good easy to get to I75.

See above!

Room was small but fairly clean needs some tlc rust stains and mold on edges of shower door and creveses at the edge of shower . Paint chipping badly in bath area. Not enough towels. Morning staff very friendly night not so much! No bags for dog walking and no outside bin to toss it in!

Just one notch below awesome for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a few problems with wifi at first but soon corrected by front desk staff.

Friendly and accommodating staff. A new mattress was put in my room while there. Very comfortable. Free hot breakfast was very good and hostess very pleasant as well as front desk personnel. Good location off I-75 close to dining and shopping. Very good water pressure in shower. Housekeeping very good as well. Plan to return soon.

The room eas filthy and the shower had visible mold i😫.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room eas filthy and the shower had visible mold i😫. They didn't hold the right room for us . We biokrd for two rooms with two beds and got two rooms w one queen. The cot they brought didn't even fit in the room. The worst place I have ever stayed. Nasty dirty

Overnight stay while passing thru. Will stay again on way back.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

In room: Carpet had stains, there was a place in the floor that felt like a huge hole that you could fall thru it, Light fixtures dusty.

Staff was super friendly and helped get our luggage up and down the stairs. Hot breakfast was wonderful! What the room lacked was made up with everything else.

Nice place, comfy bed, good breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location is great right off of the highway. There were restaurants nearby. There was a bar and grill right across the parking lot that allowed our dog to eat with us on the patio. That was a nice surprise because she wasn't happy about staying in the room by herself. The bed was very comfy and the breakfast was really good including bacon

Clean and confortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel facilities and room was clean. Beds confortable. Breakfast quite reasanable with many choices available. Quiet place, despite being close to I75. Two major restaurants at a walking distance, and a bar and grill just across the parking lot. I always stay in the Forsyth / Macon area when travelling to Florida. So far, this was the best hotel that I could find for the price paid. Will stop by next time.

Nice Room.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The web site showed that, breakfast included among other things, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy. There was no biscuits and gravy. When I called the hotel the clerk said that the breakfast was a full hot breakfast which turned out to be a little deceiving.

Nice Room. Bed very Comfortable. Convenient to I-75. Good accommodations for the price. After I reserved the room, I called the motel directly and asked the clerk to give us a room on the first floor since my wife uses oxygen and stairs are a little troublesome for her and also asked for a non smoking room. The clerk was very accommodating and took care of my request. Very satisfied.

Outdated and slightly uncomfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived after driving 9 hours, the hotel had no record of our reservation because we booked through booking.com. They were booked solid and had to open up a room they saved for emergencies. When we got to the room it was very muggy and humid, even with the air on 70 degrees. All of the bed sheets were wet because of this humidity and did not dry out, even when we took the covers off. The room made my eyes itch a little and I felt uncomfortable on the wet sheets. We went to Carrabas next door for dinner & paid $40 for a nasty meal with no flavor. Overall not a great night. Our sink had a hole busted out in it & the shower door leaked all over the floor.

Staff were great. Nice middle ground traveling to Orlando. Decent breakfast.

Excellent stay! Great value, clean and cozy!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mini fridge did not have an adjustable temperature knob.

The hotels for room was very clean, well kept, modern design and accurate description to online information!

Enjoyed the stay at the Hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't appreciate how booking.com debted my account for the room when they told me it wasn't coming out until I departed, but wasn't debited a week before. I was not able to use any of my discounts(AARP, AAA, etc).

The staff were excellent, and the continental breakfast was great. Truly enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

I should've spent the extra $30 to stay at laquinta
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet looked old, the walls had stains, and the mattresses were badly stained under the padding. I was very uncomfortable, and wish I had paid the extra $30 to stay next door at laquinta .

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Bargain stay for a decent hotel. Great staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish there had been either salsa or hot sauce for the scrambled eggs. Breakfast was good though!

Staff were super nice. Average rooms (only had shower) but no big deal as we were just passing through on our way to Florida.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Bed soft comfy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was ajoining room and smelled like smoke when first entered. Was told last room available,it was right next to breakfast room.was awoken in am to cupboards being opened, but was apologized to beforehand. Hair found in ice bucket when I was going to use it. Need more attention to fine details of cleaning

Bed soft comfy. Breakfast decent

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

I liked that it had an indoor pool.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty and had tiles that were chipped. They turned the lights off in the pool while I was trying to get my 4 year old daughter out. The sheet on bed was dirty. Also the shower wasn't clean. Hotel looked nothing like the online pictures.

I liked that it had an indoor pool.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Good selection at breakfast just don't try the sausage...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool is seasonal was not made aware of them before check-in and was also not told it online

Good selection at breakfast just don't try the sausage patties

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Bathroom shower floor had black crud on it.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom shower floor had black crud on it. Told front desk person and crud was still there that evening. Had to put a towel down on shower floor to use shower.

LOVED OUR STAY
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is a little congested but it works.

Very convenient to get off & on again I-75. All staff was very welcoming & friendly. LOVED OUR STAY!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Best Deal of the Day
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a little bit of highway noise. Nothing major.

Bed was very comfortable Checking in guy had a sense of humor, was very busy and friendly. A little TLC would help the appearance. Location was easy in/easy out off I75. Would stop again. Best bang for the buck!!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great stay especially for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fan in the bathroom but everything was great. There is a light in the shower so you don't have to use the bathroom light so the fan may not be a problem for most.

Room was cozy and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Had a wonderful stay and staff should be commended and a huge thank you, they made it wonderful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't think there is anything they could have made better. The room, breakfast and staff were excellent. I usually don't rate anybody or anything excellent all around because I feel there is always room for improvement, but not in this case. It was the best stay I ever had outside of my own home and bed.

I truly loved everything about our stay there, especially the staff, Mark, Seth and Shannon. They made us feel very welcomed and the room was the cleanest I have ever seen for a hotel. Loved our stay and will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Will definitely stay there again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front counter staff was wonderful and so friendly..they recommended a restaurant for dinner that was perfect for what we wanted .. the popcorn and lemonade in the lobby was great for a night time snack

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great experience and great value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Striker plate had screws that needed tightening. Opening and closing door required a little nudge. One lamp didn't turn on, plug on base of another didn't have current for powering electronics. Would suggest replacing carpet. While very clean, had a dated look. In the context of the overall experience, these were minor issues.

Cleanliness of room. Friendliness of staff. Comfortable. Very quiet, especially considering proximity to interstate highway. Loved the power station for charging devices on bedside table. For the price, it was VERY much a winner.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Above and beyond for value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was absolutely fine. The only problem I had was driving out of the property.

I absolutely loved the area. There are great places to eat nearby and the staff were extremely friendly. You also feel very safe at the location.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

You get what you pay for
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Worn around the edges and in need of sprucing up. We got in about 11pm and we were greeted by a panhandler as we got of the car who was pretty persistent. Night desk person was indifferent. Basement smell blew out of AC unit all night.

Low price. Free breakfast was better than most. Morning desk person and breakfast attendant were friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Ok, hotel...Needs some attention
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property isn't maintained...The door on the shower was the wrong size, and water spilled out all over the floor. Exhaust fan was hanging loose from the ceiling.

Nice, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

A safe, convenient and friendly place to stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower needs the non slip strips redone and a light bulb. The refrigerator had mold inside.

We evacuated SC and the staff were exceptionally kind and helpful during a stressful time. Everyone deserves a bonus!! They all worked hard. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Will stay there next year during fair time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast ended to early.

Everything.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

My stay was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little unbalanced.

Fast and friendly

Very nice hotel, comfortable bed and great price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice hotel, comfortable bed and great price. Also, staff was very nice.

Location and cleanliness

Location and cleanliness

Breakfast was great!

Small bathroom.

Breakfast was great!

Quiet considering how close to the interstate it is.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a sign to a fitness room that didn't exist any more.

Comfortable room and walking distance to a restaurant.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable..

Easy access and restaurants nearby.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Easy access and restaurants nearby. Staff was great, very friendly.

Great Place!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had to leave such a nice place.....😟😟

Peaceful and cozy