Reviews of Sleep Inn Phoenix North I-17 2 stars

18235 North 27th Avenue, Deer Valley, Phoenix, AZ 85053, USA

#54 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast & A/c noisey - sounded like an 18 wheeler when it came on.

Breakfast medicore. Waffes good but only one small bottle of syrup. No attendent at all on Sunday morn. Havs a feeling short on help to run BreAkfast.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very noisy air conditioner, especially when the compressor kicked in. It woke me up.

The room was actually very nice. Lots of desk space, comfortable beds and plenty of wall outlets to charge my electronics

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was just above the reception, next to the vending machines and elevator. It looked nice but it was very noisy, could not sleep all night.

The breakfast was kick ass, waffles, sausages, eggs, yoghurt, decent coffee ... you name it. There is an outdoor pool.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We did not have any issues until the morning we checked out and my husband was covered in more than 20 bites all over his body.. All the bites swelled by the time we got home to big, bloody spots that were the result of a bed bug attack. I called the hotel directly to address this but no one has bothered to return our call. Based on the $105 rate we paid, we've estimated that breaks down to about $5 per bug bite. Absolutely disgusted that no one cares enough to respond. We will never book here again!

Our stay was comfortable and amenities appeared clean.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee machine was unavailable at breakfast - early morning at the sports field requires coffee. Lack of choices for breakfast. No peanut butter available. Constantly had to ask to have items refilled or restocked - sryup was always empty, ran out of danishes, one choice of fruit. In the room the toilet only flushed occasionally and the water ran all night. Told front desk staff and the issue was not fixed. I was traveling with two kids and daily we had to request additional towels even though the staff knew there was three of us. We shouldn’t have to share bath towels. Lack of security or assistance with stole items on the property. Although they have security cameras they refused to review video of the items being stolen in the back parking lot. Pool and spa were cloudy and unkept. Trash cans overflowing with trash daily.

Nothing really stood out in the hotel

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

A little disappointed in the breakfast. The first day the orange juice machine didn’t work and the eggs and sausage were gone. Informed front desk and they said more food would be out in 2-3 minutes. We waited over 15 minutes and finally left.

Very helpful front desk personnel and room attendants. The bed was very comfortable!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was uninspiring and plain with powdered eggs and dull sausages as the most interesting parts of the offering. The room air conditioner was a sort of all or nothing affair with very little ability to control properly.

This hotel is just fine. Not great, but good. Really good at being good enough. It's a good value, parking lot is normal, front desk staff are nice, the WiFi was so-so, and the rooms are good at being rooms. My room was quiet and comfortable which is ultimately what I wanted. There's also a decent gym and a couple vending machines.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Their computer systems were down which caused issues with check in. They ended up giving me a room after a while, but the computer systems were still down in the morning.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was untrained and highly unapproachable. Hearing the staff curse loudly about their hatred of their job does not necessarily make me feel safe and comfortable.

The room had modern stylings and the shower water was hot.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were not the friendliest, wouldn't hurt to smile. People had their kids screaming and crying in the halls at 2:30 in the morning for some odd reason but when I called the front desk it was remedied but it should be been taken care of with out a call since it lasted for over an hour. The pool was freezing but spa was great.

Breakfast was of great variety and the rooms were really nice. Comfortable beds. Early check in was much appreciated.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Lots of young people with their shoes on the chairs in the lobby... Staff should say something about this.

The breakfest was very good for a American Hotel. !

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Eggs at breakfast were dried and nonflavorful; pool smaller than anticipated and cold.

Cheap, comfy beds, frig and micro in room; great internet and cleaning staff. Hot tub great!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were not very friendly...hard to get a smile and although they did the job it wasn't welcoming.

Quiet room...clean and neat...breakfast was good...bread buns fruit yoghurt and eggs

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was adequate except we didn’t really like the pre-formed eggs......

Staff were friendly and helpful. Very quiet in spite of proximity to I-17.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only issue we ran into was the air conditioning was broken in the weight room which lead to a really hot work out.

Very clean very nice rooms! Totally updated. Staff very friendly and nice. Great breakfast. Would definitely go back.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had a friend that came up with us he was going to stay somewhere else, but decided to walk this up to our hotel room and help us carry her bags seems how we were in heels and it was after a long night. As soon as we got to the room the front desk at the hotel called me to ask me if there's going to be another person staying and told me that if you stayed for longer than 10 minutes that they would charge me for an extra person in the room. After arguing with them we want to just paying The extra money. They called our room about 4 times to Harrass me about signing the paper for the extra person, saying that he couldn't charge me until I signed it even though they already charge me the full price of the room three days before I even checked in. And this was all atnlike 130 am . I literally had to tell them "look you have my money you have my credit card that's all you need to write? Please leave me alone please stop calling me I'm trying to get to sleep " before they agreed to just let me sign the paper in the morning ... mind you this was all after I had already signed in and signed the original paperwork and been to the front deskIt sucked and we couldn't get a refund because we had already pre-paid through booking.com I will never do that again...

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very small and didn't have much storage space for clothing and other items. Had to put clothes in night table. Bathroom was small and light in shower and by sink weren't very bright. Bath towels were very small. I was rather surprised that I had to pay an additional charge for a king size bed. I have traveled to a lot of places in the USA and other countries and have never had to pay extra for a king size bed. The air conditioner was very noisy and kept going on and off all night long, making it difficult to sleep as well as not keeping the room cool and comfortable.

The room was very clean and bright. The bed was comfortable, pillows were soft and fluffy. Hotel Manager was very helpful in providing directions to where I had to go while in Phoenix. People at front desk were pleasant & helpful when I checked in and out. Maids and other people at the hotel were very pleasant and all said hello or good morning. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and enjoyable.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was very excellent except for the breakfast. Everything down there was good. However, the orange juice was very watered down (didn't taste like OJ at all) and the eggs were served as a very thin round disc which left much to be desired and had no taste. They need to change to scrambled eggs.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning is a bit noisy.

Room seemed recently renewed. Very comfortable. Complimentary Internet connection was one of the best I have experienced in hotels.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Couldn't get a room with a tub very easily. Didn't want to switch us to a room with tub since we booked through booking.com

Nice room. Clean. Good value

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good value for for your money. Rooms were spacious and included everything you need - frig, microwave, iron. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was more than adequate - eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, coffee, juice and some fruit.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked with booking.Com but when we got there they didn't have our reservation. ..it cost us a little more....but the staff was extremely nice. I panicked.we also left clothes in the closet...but they were never found.

Breakfast was great....bed was amazing, with fluffy pillows. Was close to were we wanted to go. Staff was nice. Helped in a stressful time.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was really small. We were told that breakfast went till 10:30 but when we went down there a little before 10 everyrhing was already put away.

Convienant location, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

No complaints at all.

Staff and management were very accommodating. We are new to the area and had to extend our stay a few days individually and they were very helpful in the process. This hotel is in high demand for a reason. Good rates. Great service. Special thanks to the Director of Sales John F. He is very nice and helpful. Thanks again.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The overall room rate for the quality of the room was high, but reflects market demand in March in Phoenix.

The room was comfortable, the free breakfast had good choices, the free WiFi was excellent, having a safe in the room, and the breakfast staff was very helpful when the coffee machine needed attention. We ate at a nearby Applebee's and the India Palace, which had very good food at very reasonable prices.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had room close to pool and woken up early by kids playing loudly in it. Hotel is close to the freeway so you do hear the traffic.

Room was nice and was clean. Breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad either. Scrambled eggs served in patty form, sausages, waffles, cereal, yogurt, danish, juice, and coffee.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rowdy guests (drunks wandering the hallways late at night harassing other guests), no good fruit on the breakfast buffet.

Location, wireless internet and cleanliness of room.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Definetly some nicer/ heavier bath towels and provide a crime rinse with shampoo. Small things when everything else was really nice.

Room was immaculate, bed and linens were so comfy, tucked away on a back street so very quiet. The staff was GREAT.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable with high quality mattress and good linens. The room was clean, fresh and very spacious. The man who checked us in was pleasant, welcoming and efficient. The breakfast was quite good and the staff in the breakfast room kept the food replenished and the tables clean.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

management charged us for broken items in the room we didn't even touch or notice. Took 2 weeks to resolve.

location and value were great for traveling north of Phoenix early the next morning.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nothing really

Quite fresh interior, nice breakfast, all facilities you need onsite, including indoor ATM, laundromat and pool. Good access to the main roads.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hair dryer broken, sink stopper stuck. Only 1 chair. Tiny soap too hard to get out of its wrap. Really small room. Requested hair dryer replacement from cleaning staff but it did not come.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing! Awesome place will stay there anytime we are in Phoenix!

The staff were awesome!!!!! Very helpful. My daughter ended up getting up sick in tr he room and the front desk came and changed the Bed very quick!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ran out of eggs one morning, and weren't replenished in a timely manner. The Wi-Fi login was difficult, and kept disconnecting about every five minutes; I couldn't get any work done.

Offer a choice of low-carb breakfast, as well as the usual fare. Easy access to freeways Rooms aren't fancy, but are clean and quiet. Staff respond well to requests.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was somewhat nice staff was extremely rude! Very very nosey... They are very judgemental here people do not stay here it's not worth your money

• Reviewed: 5 March 2012

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was the worst experience I have ever dealt with while traveling. I will never stay with them again. No manager on staff to resolve problems. Room susposed to be ready to check in at 3pm I showed at 7pm and was told come back 2 hours later at 9pm and they would have my room ready. Complete waste of money.

Nice bed

Stayed in March 2012

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Had a great time people greatly appreciate for us staying at the inn

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

but didn't like that there was no water in vending machines

Liked having access to a computer

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Expected the rooms to be a little more spacious.

It was to expensive

Nice shower

cleanliness

Clean and quiet

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crowded and not great quality.

Convenient to access just off highway.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A little difficult to access off the freeway

Nicely updated room

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rude people slamming the doors late.....they have no repect

The location was very nice, and the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing to dislike location was out of the way

Outstanding value night manager went out of his way to help us

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The door to the rest room

The value & location

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

AC had a funny odor, Wi-Fi was laggy at times, and most TVs programmed to default on to annoying news channel

Good value, standard rooms, clean

Everything was clean

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Decent sized room, quiet, inexpensive for location/quality.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Morning breakfast was very good. I especially lived the flavored teas! Thanks for the extra touch!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, great value.

Bed was super comfy!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Computer down at arrival, key cards were deactivated on 2nd day, motorcycles revving in middle of night.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, queit and seemed to be in safe area

Clean and very close to where I had to travel. Just close enough to airport too.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gum chewing receptionist at check in

Bed very comfortable. Breakfast had good make your own waffles and good yogurt. Fresh apples also good

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fitness center needs updating badly. Treadmill didn't work properly, weights missing, recumbent was ancient.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wifi and room phone didn't work in my first room, and my TV didn't work in my second room.

Rooms are comfy.

Towels were old

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very slow response of the heater.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lawn crew used extremely loud euipment right outside window resenting sleep, tv or conversation😒

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We had to ask for more glasses and coffee cups each day.

Overall, the room was quite comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Bed was not comfotable

Clean good breakfast

Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean and well maintained for price

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable king bed. Mattress was just right.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Comfortable bed, quiet room

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Only two relatively small, thin bath towels for two people.

Nice staff, pretty good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were nice but a bit small and not a huge amount of storage

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything available for a pleasant stay

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Great for sleeping

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I loved the shower! Also,breakfast was very nice! Will go back

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean room's with king size comfortable beds. Great price for the area.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016