Reviews of Sleep Inn - Savannah Gateway 3 stars

17013 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#100 of 135 hotels in Savannah

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our air conditioner in the room was set on the coolest and it still wasn't very cool. The vending machines took your money and the clerk sold me a ticket for parking on river street and said it was 15 to 20 dollars to park down there and there is free parking at the visitors center.

The facility was clean and within walking distance to several restaurants.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very limited. Only four tables in a very cramped space. It appeared that the staff member at the front desk was also responsible for the breakfast area.

The young woman who checked us was very pleasant and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First!...Wasn't aware of a Hold fee on the room that is charged and then refunded at end of stay...seems like you should just apply it to the cost of the room...IJS...also...Front desk clerk needs to be more up beat and friendly...at least act like she is grateful to have a job until something better comes along..

Was thankful to have a roof overhead..

everything

nothing I was only there 4 hours and no accommodation was made in pricing. This is a old structure that just used nicer linen in the rooms. i was in town for a graduation and it was the only room available therefore over priced..never again. The following nite I stayed at a better hotel and paid less for ithe with breakfast included.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we tried had an odor in it so we were moved to another. In the second room we moved to the water pressure in the sink was extremely low and the drain was slow. The breakfast was poor. The coffee container needs to be thrown away and a new one put out that works. After our stay, we have determined to never stay in another Sleep Inn. We will from now on stay in a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn. It is well worth any difference in price.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was small and looked as though the renovations were poorly done. The breakfast was POOR and wasn’t replenished for those who woke up late.

The location to I95 The hot water was hot

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast selection was very limited and the fruit was rotten. The shower was filthy. You can hear every sound from the hallway. The bed sheets felt like sand paper. Esthetic of the hotel was very unwelcoming. Old and tattered carpet. Luggage cart was very unstable.

The staff was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a Queen Room and the Bed was clearly a Full or Double which ever you prefer to call them. I asked the front desk about getting a larger bed and they proceeded to try and convince me that I did have a Queen bed. All the bedding was labeled Full so I took that to the front desk to prove it was only a full bed and then I was told that it was a "Small Queen" now I don't know about you but I'm pretty Sure that is NO such thing. After several conversations with 3 employees I gave up and made due.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit bouncy - when one person moved you moved also

Was really surprised to receive a hot breakfast including eggs, sausages and waffles for the price paid. Would stay there again. Many eating places to choose from in a condensed area.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Quick day trip to Savannah and we were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for the night but nice place. This hotel met our needs price was right, clean room and friendly front desk. Morning breakfast was good and wi-fi worked well. We would stay again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast area was a complete disaster with apparently no one to clean up the counters, etc. The coffee was nothing but colored water. The TV has horrible reception on local channels. There was never anyone at the desk at check out.

The location is within walking distance of restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower head sprayer was weak, first room I was given had a smell and door handle was broken but after I told them they had me in another room quickly. There is still a hold on the amount of the room on my debit card, 3 days later after they have already deducted the room cost from my account.

Easy to find, friendly staff, quick check in, comfortable beds, up to date room decor.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they had more chairs to eat breakfast at but everything else was great!

Nice staff. Great beds! Awesome breakfast! Eggs sausage jogurt cereal coffee toast waffles. My 3 year old loved eating everyday. Even had baby muffins her size

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The gal at check in counter was great, but her equipment was bad/broken. It took her about 8-10 swipes to get our door key to code. She tried to offer us a room but heater did not work. And the breakfast staff was great, but did not have enough food for the guest.

The gal at the front desk was incredible. She was happy, polite and she cared... but (see below)

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows need to be replaced. The room we had was too small for us. The cart did not fit in the room. We had to load and unload it from the hallway. The room is suited for small people - not tall people like we are. Staff was some what friendly - but there were not enough of them to handle the breakfast in the small area.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were given a room that was not ready, with the bed standing against the wall that was room #215. When you pay in advance you should be given a room in advance and not be given a random room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room wasn’t very clean....hair bow and trash on the floor, could tell it wasn’t vacuumed. Very awkward wall when you walk in the room, not enough room to even walk into the room. And it had an unpleasant scent!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved everything about my stay here. Relaxing and peaceful was is understatement about this place. This property was full with both kids and adults throughout my night, I didn't hear any noise. The staff were beyond friendly. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was clean, unlike most hotels the water in the shower was amazingly hot, and each time I saw a staff member they had a smile on their face. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dogs barking at each other from room to room. Laundry a little expensive, compared to other hotel faciilities.

clean! Most staff very friendly. Bkft included., same everyday, but good variety. Small cramped seating area. Close to interstate. About 25 mins from major downtown activities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room we was given had a leaking sink smelled horrible in the room. Went to complain they didn't try to accommodate us as far as another room. Toilet stopped working and room phone couldn't call out.

Would not take my family back.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rude staff, the entire hotel hallway had a leak and was soaking wet, my room smelled so strong of dampness

Walking distance of applebees and some other food places. Gas station right opposite the hotel

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sausage not cooked thoroughly. Shower was leaking. Lovebugs all over the parking lot.

Room was at a comfortable temperature...Didn't get to hot or cold.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very limited. One type yogurt, limited cereal choices, one type milk, terrible looking eggs, and an older gentleman that was attending to the breakfast never smiled or acknowledged anyone, shirt out, however did watch to see when coffee needed to be refilled. TV also had bad reception.

Coffee was fresh and good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that dogs are able to be in the dining area. I wouldn't mind dogs in hotel, however, people with dogs take things too far. Therefore, I have to be against it. If it is your preference to dine with your pet, fine, however, everybody don't agree and it should not be imposed on others in public places. I am very disappointed in the hotel establishment and will never visit again. The guess with the dog bought food from the neighboring Crackle Barrel whom I'm assuming would not allow the dog in their establishment............

the price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The reception looked dingy n the checkin person was loud n exposed your accommodations details at a level that others could hear. The lobby reception n buffet area were 5-8 ft away from ea other. The room was extremely small. The door was 1/2 blocked by furniture making luggage difficult to enter.

Location n bed comfort

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is like microwaved eggs and sausage and the biscuits for gravy were cold to touch

The decor is nice and it's a pretty quiet hotel if no one is as loud as some of the people when I was there. The left the next day so it calmed down. The room is really clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no elevator, the AC unit in the first bedroom didn't work, so then I was moved from 2nd floor to first floor, had to pack everything up, haul it down the stairs, and the AC still didn't cool well. The pool is small and only 3-4 foot deep. There was broken patio furniture.

The price was ok for the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We got in bed that forst night tired and didn't look around. In the morning sunlight realized they was someone else's blood on the sheets pillows comforter, down to the mattress. We stripped the bed and found old urine stains. Health department should shut it down! They refused to refund us or talk to us even after taking them to the room and showing them the linens in person and picture. They moved our room n gave us back $20... the manager was supposedly "in meetings" the whole time we were there and promised to call us back, but never did. We continued to call even after getting home. Still in a meeting, imagine that. Will never trust this Sleep In chain or yhis website again. Discusted and outraged.

Not mutch

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was clean, nice,the staff was very nice and very helpful, I love a clean room and it was clean inside and outside of this hotel, comfortable bed, great channels to watch on tv, I felt right at home, I will definitely stay again

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I literally experienced the stay from hell at this hotel. The customer service/client satisfaction is extremely poor. A guest checking into this Sleep Inn hotel would not expect such low-class customer since upon check-in the customer is greeted with signature posted high at the front desk which reads, "If you're not satisfied with our accomodations or service, please let the front desk know without dely so we can make it right." I have a disability and travel with life sustaining medical equipment. The hotel staff Bruce, the supervisor Renata, and the owner Jigyna refused to accomodate my needs. I booked 2 rooms double beds online and when I arrived I had a single queen in each room instead. When I asked for the room I paid for the owner instructed the clerk to call the police. The hotel has a foul smell of mold and dampness. The carpets are filty and have a bad odor. Please do not make the same mistake I did of booking a stay at this dump!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping was the best of any hotel I have stayed in, and that is saying A LOT. Very friendly, and it was so nice to come back to a clean, tidy room after an exhausting, hot day. I was honestly surprised how much we enjoyed our stay there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mold in the toilet. The toilet was not properly attached to the floor. Every time I left the room, the key would not work when I returned. The people in the room above made too much noise.

Beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible! Extremely outdated! They should be ashamed to let this hotel look so shabby with beds that are at least 30 years old. The price was unacceptable for what it looks like and what you get. Pitiful!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was disgusting!! The floors and walls were dirty, the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years! I will never use this property again!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction wall of plastic (not sure what was going on) and it made hotel look run down and unkept...made me feel room was only worth $69/nt not $139

Enjoyed free breakfast, kids liked fresh hot waffels, juices, hot tea& coffee avail, boiled eggs, sausage good for me since I cannot eat wheat. Great location to sleep and get back on road. Staff was attentive & professional.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could not connect either device to the WiFi upon arrival or the next morning. I'm glad I was only there for rest on a road trip. The AC unit was noisy, but at least a consistent drone that didn't bother my rest. Breakfast is better taken at IHOP (which is surprisingly good these days!) or Denny's, a short stroll away. Bad coffee, nasty egg something, etc etc. There is yogurt and raisin bran in a pinch.

Very comfortable bed (firm enough, yet still soft) and pillow, which was not overly stuffed (as they often are, or like a bag of sand at the other extreme). Good size mini fridge.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet is so low I could not get up, there is no elevator The breakfast was less than ordinary The charge of $195.00 for one night, I thinks is excessive and the people hanging around the halls I don't think pay that kind of money. We thought it was located in the center of the city

n/a

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My wife and I travel to Florida each year at this same time. Leaving our home in late March and returning in mid April. We started staying at this Sleep Inn at exit 94 off of I-95 in 2003. we stayed there at this time for one night on our way to or back from Florida. In 2011 we stopped staying here because the property was so poorly taken care of and the cost(including tax) was about $90. This year we decided to try it again on our way home. Somehow we thought the property had been improved. Probably based on the higher price. On April 22 we paid $195(including taxes) for our one night stay. We were extremely disappointed. There have been no improvements to the maintenance or quality of service since the last time we stayed 6 years ago. I realize these are franchise operated properties, but I would hope that corporate would be aware of the quality of the properties having their name. While in Florida I stayed at a Sleep Inn(FL742) in Port Charlotte. This Sleep Inn was significantly less expensive($111 incl taxes) and 100% better maintained

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. The front desk attendant was awesome and friendly. Breakfast was good, my daughter got a kick out of making her own waffle!

Everything was great

There were two batches of eggs and the first batch had been standing for a while, once this was noticed they were replaced with a fresh batch, good job guys.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Thought I reserved double bedroom but only had 1 queen bed which wasn't comfortable for us. Time room. Very tiny bath. Shower only got warm, not hot

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Your staff at the Sleep Inn and your Customer Service Department, i.e. "I'll take responsibility for you being double charged and get back to you tomorrow". Thank was 10 days ago.

Everything except being double charged for our room. Sleep Inn wouldn't help me so I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby was very dirty. Carpet looked as tho it hadn't been vacuumed in months. Some unsightly construction/repairs going on in lobby. Hair dryer didn't work. Refrigerator didn't work.

Bedding was very nice quality. Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First, I paid $144 per night through booking.com, & when I arrived, the hotel had the same room for $79 (I was very upset about that), second, there were no elevators, & carpet was dirty, lastly, the pool looked horrible! I would not stay there again, nor would I book through booking.com!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did not like that fact that the pool was closed during spring break and that it said that the property was not far from the beach or downtown. It was 30 minutes from downtown and an hour from the beach.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness could have been better. Towels were thin and scarce. Breakfast was incomplete with the juice machine out of order.

The location was excellent. You could walk to well known eating establishments. the bed was good.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They would not honor travel coupons we did have reservations,but thot maybe coupons would be honored. We were told a "holiday" wkend. It was not.

Convenient to shopping, food,and interstate. We were there to attend a special church service on skidaway. I liked their honoring our request for quiet room,and the second request was to be on first floor. We are both over 80. Personnel were very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff will not greet you unless you speak first. I made reservations for king size room and was given a queen size room. The computer & television tabletop was not secured. When the table top moves the cable comes in distorted. The A/Cs from nearby rooms can be heard throughout the night. The shower is an accident waiting to happen, with uneven flooring, no seal to stop water from exiting the shower. The toilet was loose. The microwave & refrigerator cabinet is in the doorway entrance. Power cords were extended from the A/C wall to the wall where the lamp & clock located. Well, as I checked out around 6:45 am thinking I had all of my properties. I returned at 8:15 am to find out no one has knowledge of my newly purchased LG Tone Platinum Bluetooth Stereo Headset to which was left by the lamp on the computer desk. When I reported it the staff they all have the same words, “We checked the room and it is not in there.” We checked with our 2 house keepers and they have not seen it… What is wrong with this picture? I am less a $129 Bluetooth Device after spending $331.88 for my stay.

The cleanliness of the rooms. The location.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The showers leaked all over the floor and soaked everything. They moved us to a new room and the shower did the same thing.

The bed was really comfortable

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was nasty and air conditioner did not work properly. Remote for TV didn't half work. Housekeeping was knocking on the door before checkout to see if you were out. I want be staying here again!!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Check in was fast and easy. The front desk wasn't the friendliest she was actually kind of rude... I would stay there again because it was a fair price I just didn't care for the staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator!! Toilet wobbley. Rooms are small. Breakfast was ok.

Staff was awesome. Always greeted us coming or going. Bed was pretty comfy. Convenient to Savannah. Relatively inexpensive compared to other motels around. Our room was clean.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of Room, Very dusty and smelled awful . Slept in other Sleep ins in other states much cleaner.

Location of hotel, restaurant near by. Front desk person was helpful and kind.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not clean. Bathroom floor was sticky and we would not walk in this room without shoes. Needs a good sanitary cleaning. We wouldn't even take a shower here. It had an odor

There was a roof over my head and a bed to sleep on

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't state price for pets online, and there was furniture in front of the room door with very little space to get in and out.

Staff was friendly, and the hot breakfast, other than the cold biscuits and gravy, was nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The value, the room, free wifi and breakfast. I reserved the hotel online the same day I planned to stay and it was $59 and I couldn't beat that.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been better if we could have stayed longer.

The staff was so friendly and respectful. The room was clean and comfortable. And the shower was awesome. We loved staying there. We will be coming back.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very loud at night, had someone knock on door at 1:30 am one night, then the next night some one turned on radio in front of door after midnight. Scared us real bad first night.

Comfortable beds, great water pressure.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like having to pay for parking at the hotel but parking was right next door so at least it was close. There was no minifridge or microwave in the room. But Ice was brought to the room so was able to keep some bottled water cool for when needed.

I mostly liked the area where the hotel was located as it was in Walking distance to nearly everything we wanted to see in Savannah. Breakfast was OK. We aren't wine drinkers so we didn't take advantage of the evening wine and cheese thing they have. Price to stay here was reasonable considering prices at other hotels in the historic district. Was very close to Paula Dean's restaurant which was a place at the top of my wife's list of things to see in Savannah.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room we got on the first floor was dirty down to the remote. The sink didn't work, the hallway smelled like a dogs & cig. smoke (mind you they say its a non smoking facility & only service dogs). The second room we were moved into was slightly better on the second floor & the hallway smelled a little fresher but still a little like dogs. During breakfast there was a dog disturbing the area & the staff said nothing! The dogs owner finally took the dog back to its room after people gave him a stare. I will never book here again. Oh and the pool area is not inviting at all.

The pillows were soft!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better, but they have a lot of places around the hotel to get a good breakfast. Parking is tight be careful how and where you park people will dent your car.

Staff are very friendly, hotel is quiet. Clean

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunate this is one of the worst hotel. The sink is falling apart from the wall. The toilet was not sturdy in place. The shower fixture is beyond rusted. Also the remote to the tv didn't work. The breakfast if you can call it breakfast was horrible. I wouldn't stay here again.

The only thing decent was the bed.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a little hard to find but the parking lot was quite large. The hotel was nicely arranged. Most restaurants were close enough to walk too.

It was quiet and relaxing! One of the best hotels I've stayed in in quite some time!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service wasn't good. I called before arriving several times and no one answered the phone. I needed assistance with my room key and no one was at the front desk. I tried calling again and no one answered. The hallways and stair case reaked of cigarette smoke. The room smelled like a dog. I've stayed in other pet friendly hotels that didn't smell.

The hotel is in a good location. Easy to find and close to downtown Savannah.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was much smaller than expected. The entrance into the room was so cramped, we couldn't even pull the luggage rack in the room.

The shower was large.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't need the pool so it didn't bother me, but I did notice it was small for those that are looking to utilize it.

Nice, clean, comfortable room. It had everything we needed and no downsides!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I tried calling to confirm that my booking was made and good but no one answered the phone. I called twice and it just kept ringing. Does not have an elevator? That seems pretty inconvenient for handicapped individuals and those with a lot of luggage.

I had booked a Queen size but unfortunately (since I had my cat) the only pet room they had left was a one room with two beds. The staff was very accommodating and kept my price the same due to the miscommunication error. The beds were SUPER COMFY and my cat (who usually sleeps in bed with me) very much enjoyed having his own bed to sleep in.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Reservation can't be found when it's already paid? Really???? Make sure you check your credit card because I have two posted amount on my credit card and two more pending for the same amount! Get right and don't charge your customer 4 times for the same amount!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Paid cash for room for 2 nights but still charged my debit card for one nights stay until we left. Received money back on debit card on Monday.

Beds were very comfortable! Desk Clerk went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Fresh popcorn and fresh baked, warm cookies in the afternoons free of charge is an awesome perk! Thanks Sleep Inn 😀

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Everything was great

The breakfast was Awesome, and I loved the jointed rooms and how the staff greets you every time they see you,my husband and I have been dealing with Sleep-Inn for over 15 years there's no other place we would rather stay! Thanks sleep-Inn for your hospitality and always making us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small, almost cramped. Bar of soap is small. We stayed 4 nights and every day the room cards had to be reset. Inconvenient after passing the front desk and arrive at the room door and not be able to get in.....all 4 days.

Was fairly quiet. Very helpful staff & maid service.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelled funny, and was super small. The "capsule" shower design from the 60's didn't hold water in so the floor was a lake by the time the shower was finished. The shower also had poor water pressure and calcium build-up. They may want to look over the sliding door too, the guest before us must've had a cut on their finger since there was a blood smear on it. Not the 3 star hotel I was hoping for...

The staff was really nice.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet didn't work. We had to move to another room. In 2nd room bathroom door was broken. Rooms weren't perfectly clean. Breakfast was ok, but didn't like the waffles, which had a strange taste.

Nice rooms & hotel entrance hall.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed outdated very uncomfortable. Room smelled like gym locker room with a lot of perfume to try to disguise it.

Quietness