Reviews of Sleep Inn & Suites Orlando Airport 2 stars

1700 McCoy Road, Orlando, FL 32809, USA

#184 of 407 hotels in Orlando

The sstaff was very helpful - not sure I would stay again

Breakfast - they ran out out food every morning & the variety was fair. If we didn’t get there we’ll befo 8, the was no bacon or sausage, hash browns, yogurt or even coffee. The egg thing was very bland & even the cereal was only fruit loops but then the milk ran out. No cookies. They closed down everything early maybe because they ran out of food - there was no replenishment. I was especially surprised they ran out of coffee & didn’t replenish.

Staff was friendly & hotel convenient to food, shopping & airport

Value for money on the lodging end.

Breakfast was terrible. Instant eggs must of came from a plastic chicken, orange juice undrinkable, sausage was cold. I had to go to McDonald's and get an egg McMuffin afterwards. ike The hotel's breakfast was like eating vomit. you nonetheless .

Value for money on the lodging end.

Unbelievable vacation

My reservations were never received by hotel & my credit card was charged twice. My room had problems such as a plumbing issue, insects crawling in the bed & housekeeping not doing a vacuum of room floor.

The location was near eateries

The little things...
    • King Suite

Carpet needs a deep cleaning as well as the couch. Staff needs training on customer service and greeting a guest.

It is a nice property, and has a lot of potential. Owners and management need to step up and be accountable. Sometimes it's just the little things that makes a huge difference.

Outstanding!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

rooms were very spacious, felt like higher quality hotel, bathroom was very clean and well equipped. Great comfortable beds. Will definitely stay again!

This hotel was easy to find, conveniently located and...

This hotel was easy to find, conveniently located and reasonably priced. Room was quite basic, but had a comfy bed, a tv and a coffee machine so that’s all we needed :)

Perfect at all

Everything was ok

Nice hotel. The facilities exceed the expected, the front desk staff are very friendly and successful in their suggestions. I recommend strongly this hotel

Dirty, run down, and uncomfortable

Seemed pretty run down and not well taken care of, the beds were so uncomfortable and bedding was stiff and scratchy. In desperate need of an update. The carpets were stained and hallways dirty. Was a hotel but felt like a scetchy motel. The staff was friendly and the shuttle bus driver was awesome.

Great place to stay!

There was nothing really except that the pool filter was either not running or was not working. There were many bugs on the water surface.

Loved the hot tub. The room was big, clean and had room service. Staff was fast and friendly.

Awful

The air conditioner knob where broken you couldn’t turn air on and the other knob didn’t even work to adjust the temperature we had a baby with us and it was hot and missable all night the bathroom needs tone up dated badly you could see plumbing under the sink nasty floors dirty !! Breakfast not good!!

I could have tolerated the rest, but the adult protection pad as a blanket? That was a game changer

Am disabled and requested room close to desk...I was near end-of-hall. No channel line-up, one (1) wastebasket. We couldn't have breakfast as the 12 people who had a 6:00 a.m. flights couldn't get breakfasts. Kitchen didn't open until 6:00. But worst was, WE HAD ADULT SIZED PLASTIC PROTECTION PADS FOR OUR 'BLANKETS!' What are they THINKING? Not enough time to expand on this.

liked the room, the bed, the stall shower, and the TV.

Overall it was very nice
    • King Suite

I didn’t like that my room key had to be reactivated or swamped at least 5 times for some reason. Also, i noticed that the cleaning staff does a very good job if cleaning the room but do they mop the bathroom floor? I didnt see a mop on any of the carts the housekeeping maids push around.

Cleaning staff and overall staff are friendly and approachable.

Housekeeping was questionable and made me uncomfortable.

I really thought things appeared clean. However, when I opened the refrigerator, there were items in there from the last person who stayed in the room. I then questioned the apparent cleanliness of everything there. It may seem like a small issue, but it gave me the creeps. Front desk person was not concerned when I reported it to him.

The room was decorated nicely. It appeared on the surface to be clean. See below for what changed my opinion. I got this room only because I had an early flight the next morning. I checked in after 6:00 p.m. and checked out at 6:15 a.m., so I wasn't there long. The person on duty in the evening gave me suggestions on where to eat, which was helpful.

After many stays here I will go elsewhere. Front desk is unprofessional and incompetent.

After a day of travel I was in bed by nine. Phone rang 2 hours later, front desk demanding to know who I was and how I got that room. Spent 5 minutes explaining to front desk who I was and that they assigned me that room. Finally they realized their error and I was able to go back to sleep. This SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!

Stayed here many times and always enjoyed it.

The room was better than walking through the hallways.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The place is not very clean. The carpets need cleaned, majority of the place looks dirty in hallways etc.

The room was better than walking through the hallways. It was clean. Large enough space for our whole family. Reasonable price.

Having to get up early after the first day to struggle just to get out of a parking space put a damp

Parking sucked, prime spots were rented to people not staying at the hotel causing problems for those of us who were. People parking on the curb because spaces were filled by people using the hotel for long term parking created hazardous condition for people staying at the hotel. There is no handicap parking on the back side of the hotel. There should be 2 back there.

A clean safe place to sleep

Bad customer service and bed bugs
    • King Suite

Discovered bed bug bites on our bodies a few days after our stay. We came back to the property and confronted the front desk about the bites and was told that there was no other reports from other guests and he could do nothing. Was told to call Jennifer the hotel manager to report this problem during our stay. Called the following day and spoke to someone besides Jennifer who said they would address the issue and call us back as soon as possible. A couple days later and we have yet to hear from the manager Jennifer or any hotel staff.

Close to the airport and allows paid parking when traveling for a short while

The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast delicious,...
    • King Suite

Our one just appointment was the distance to the Disney attractions.

The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast delicious, Steph was knowledgeable and friendly, parking gra The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast delicious, Steph was knowledgeable and friendly, parking easy And our stay was all you could ask for.

Clean, comfortable, reasonable with breakfast.
    • King Suite

Minor issue - hair dryer did not work.

The room was large with a sofa and table. Bathroom was large. Minor issue - hair dryer did not work. The gentleman that checked me in was extremely helpful - not only to me but others also.

Good and Bad for your consideration
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Beware this Hotel change you us $ 50 dollar of deposit for demage holding automatically in your credit card and only release this money weeks after your departure. ..I do not care this kind business practice

Exellente location, clearn room ,and nice staff....

The bed was comfortable and the house keeping kept up with...

The water pressure of the shower was not hard at all, and the shower didn’t get very hot.

The bed was comfortable and the house keeping kept up with making our beds and bringing clean linens each day. The front office staff was friendly and receptive to needs.

Location good, staff unprofessional.

I got to the hotel at midnight and immediately went into my room and locked the door. At 1am, while still awake, a couple tried to get into the room. I immediately run to the door and shouted that was my room. They laughed and said they were given the keys for the wrong bedroom. I then called the reception to complain and they said "it was an honest mistake". Can you all imagine if at 1am I was fast asleep in my bed? I would have been even more scared than I was! Never again!

Location: near the Red Coach bus station and airport

Great for an overnight stay

The size of the bathroom is small, just a toilet and stand up shower. I also had a little garbage leftover from the previous guest in the bathroom’s wastebasket.

The beds were comfortable and roomy. Room size was good, too. I wondered about the room safe though—it was in the corner of the room in the open.

Moritza, the young woman at the front desk was a delight, friendly, kind, polite, just wonderful. The hotel was great, large comfortable rooms, very clean.

Disappointed

Room only had shower, was not aware of that when I booked. Once In the room I tried calling the front desk to see if another room was available but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.

Hotel is ok for a 1 night sleep over to catch a flight.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very outdated, carpets where very smelly. Old and looked like a cheap motel. Swimming pool was dirty.

Hotel is ok for a 1 night sleep over to catch a flight.

The hotel stay wasn’t the worst I’ve had but I don’t think I would stay there again or recommend it.

As soon as you walk into the room it smelled wet/damp/humid. The key to enter the room kept malfunctioning and had to go get new ones twice. The toilet was loose so every time you sat it made a noise. A/C made a REALLY loud noise when on. Had to get up and turn off in the middle of the night. Every night.

The water remained hot and strong water pressure. Easy to get into shower. Beds were comfortable. Location of room. Waffle House right next door.

Hotel met my needs, but shuttle from airport to hotel, never been so disgusted how family was treate
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle to hotel worst experience in my life, absolutely disgusted how my family was treated. Texting while driving, swore in front my children, and tried compromise safety of my kids to fit more people in van.

Very clean and comfortable.

Very clean and comfortable. It's close to most everything we wanted and easy to get to the hotel. Rooms were very nicely decorated as well. They have a very nice breakfast area and lobby. Most of the staff were very friendly. I will definitely be coming here again..

Never again.

The fire alarm went off twice due to malfunction starting at 3 am. needless to say I didn't sleep well after that in anticipation of it going off again. The location itself gave off a sketchy vibe and parking wasn't great. My room door also would not open unless you shoved it and opened it by pushing the handle up. Not impressed.

AVOID THIS HOTEL
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My credit card information, and that of a family member who also stayed here, were stolen within days of staying at this property and used fraudulently nearby. We did not use our cards at the same location anywhere else, so it's hard to believe the fraud occurred anywhere else. The hotel itself is musty, and is clearly an old hotel with a fresh coat of paint and little else. Rusty fixtures in the bathrooms, mildew everywhere, etc. AVOID.

Beds were of passable quality and comfort

The toliet and lights didn't work right.
    • King Suite

The toliet and lights didn't work right. There were light switches that did nothing at all. The jets in the tub and hot tub were poor. The pool had a lot if stuff gloating in it. And we got to breakfast at 8 and there no eggsleft and we waited 30 min and they never pit out more

A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE

Room was spacious. High Ceilings Facility itself was very clean. Had a better fitness center than you'd typically encounter. Nice complimentary breakfast

I will never stay there again.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very rude front desk. VERY RUDE. Hot tub stopped working. Not the only one complaining about front desk. Erik very very rude!!!!!!! Bed very uncomfortable. Couldn't wait to get home....very sad went there to relax instead a COMPLETE waste of money.

The breakfast had many options

Fantastic hotel and friendly staff!! Will definitely stay here again.
    • King Suite

The shuttle wait at the airport was long.

The staff were really accommodating and great. Especially Carson from reception!! Will definitely stay here again.

We were here for sleep only. It was a good price for the area and it fulfilled its purpose.

The bathroom wasn’t as clean as I liked. The AC in the room rattled a LOT more than the normal ‘white noise’ normally associated with AC units. There was a massive drying fan about two doors down that was crazy loud. The printer in the business center did not work & I needed to print out pertinent travel documents before our early flight the next day.

Size of the room. The helpfulness of the front desk lady when we checked in. When the business center printer did not work correctly, she helped me print out everything at the front desk that I needed. She also helped us return our rental car the night before our flight so that it expedited our process at the airport the next morning. That was a life saver for us!

This was a very nice hotel and an outstanding value.

Not much to dislike. The scrambled eggs were way overcooked and dry (but the rest of the breakfast was fine). The safe in the room wasn't working.

The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was well appointed and in good shape. The air conditioner was easy to use and quiet. The bathroom was nice and the shower was very good. Guest laundry was available. The television in the lobby was unintrusive. The breakfast was very good for the most part. Overall the hotel was nice and quiet.

OK for the price but probably look for a newer/remodeled place next time

Stains and wear on carpet in room and throughout hotel. Breakfast was terrible, no fruit and eggs were crumbs. Sausage was reheated precooked links.

Location was great, close to airport.

For the price and location it was a good deal but none of the amenities that came with it were reall

Alot...

I liked the size of the room and the comfort of the bed...but that was it. The photos of how the room was supposed to look did not match what my room actually looked like, housekeeping did not come as requested and the water temperature was awful

would recermend to all

Having to leave and time ran out

Wow what can i say speechless just a magic accommodation would be back today if i had a chance garentteed to all regards Graeme

, The hotel was nice and clean the room was nice but the breakfast needs to be upgraded fast

Breakfast for one thing you could make better eggs better baking a steady hashbrowns you should have whole style potatoes and fresh bonds and breads

The breakfast could have been hotter it was kind of cold the baking was kind of greasy the bread was steel they hashbrowns for lukewarm no taste at all the eggs were kinda lumpy. No taste, no seasoning terrible

Overall i enjoyed my stay and will be back.

Could have had more choices for breakfasts not the same things every day.

The bed was great but the breakfasts person need to use gloves when handles the food.

The location is really excellent!

We checked in around 8pm and there was no convertible crib available at that time. So we had to upgrade the room and co-sleep with our baby.

The location is really excellent! Only takes 5 min to the airport.

the location is very convenient, near the airport.

overall it looks a bit old, dark and with a noisy (but efficient), air conditioning. it might benefit from a general refreshment. little fruit selection for breakfast

the location is very convenient, near the airport. bed is very comfortable. staff is friendly and helpful

Breakfast:-

Breakfast:- We are complete vegetarians (no dairy/no animal). A whole grain cereal would have been nice, like ready-cooked oat porridge or dry oat granola (ready to serve) which could also be enjoyed by quests who are "gluten" intolerant. I did cook the dry-packet oat meal in the microwave provided, but it overflowed and still was not properly cooked. Oat meal porridge (Quick Oats) to be properly cooked for digestion needs 20 minutes simmering on stove top. Soya milk may be appreciated by quests who are intolerant to dairy. KINDLY NOTE: The lady breakfast chef did assist me as much as she could, and did a find job of breakfast for guests without dietary needs.

Breakfast:- THANK YOU for the bananas, oranges - fresh fruit!

Poor Customer Service at Check In - No Early Check In. (PERIOD)

No early check in (period). I arrived at 1:30 PM and the person at the counter was wrapped in a blanket, in a chair hidden around the corner, and did not even stand up when I arrived. She informed me that she could "not let me" check in before 3 PM. If I was not already "on the hook" for $74 from booking.com to cancel my reservation, I would have gone to another Hotel (many in area). Very poor customer service. Every hotel I have ever stayed at would, at least, let me check in even if the room was not ready until 3PM. Not here.

They had a great maintenance person who always seemed to be busy picking up the grounds and helping customers. This employee should be running the front desk if not the entire hotel. The Business Center was helpful in printing out my boarding passes. The included breakfast was convenient and what I expected.

Room smelt , air conditioner didn't work and charger...

Room smelt , air conditioner didn't work and charger outlets didn't work had to go somewhere else to charge phones, breakfast wasn't that grate and shower didn't work my room was 224 seconds floor

great hotel

we booked the hotel last-minute due to a flight cancellation - I don't regret the choice! It was a great hotel and if I come back to Orlando, I'd book this hotel again.

The parking was the most horrible thing

The parking was horrible, after leaving for the airport and coming back there were no spaces the overflow was full and my mother is 83 years old and I have a physical disability , hip and leg problems and can't walk very well. There were vehicles parked in handicap sports that had no handicap stickers. There were work trucks that should have been in the overflow that we're taking up two spaces at a time and I felt that was wrong that they should've been in the overflow instead of taking up 2 spots and part of the area of driving. as for our car in the overflow if it rained we would've been stuck . Again the parking was horrible, curbside was all we had and someone sure could have backed out of the space and wrecked our car.

I enjoyed the size of the room the comfort of the beds the breakfast was awesome and overall I enjoyed the whole stay.

Review....close to airport

The bed was very uncomfortable… And I wish they had a small breakfast snack bag for those who have to leave early for the airport

I had to leave very early for the airport so the only thing available was coffee The location was convenient that was a plus

Toilet was dirty and difficult to flush and there were...

Toilet was dirty and difficult to flush and there were crumbs of some sort on the bed. Other than that,the room was comfortable and perfect for my quick,one night stay.

Your money deserves better than this place :)

Staff was rude and charged extra fees upon arrival, very unprofessional. The front desk attendant was rude and confrontational. The rooms smelled moldy and the floor was soaking wet, I thought they had just used a steam vac or something but it was still wet the next morning. Breakfast is minimal and is mostly just stale bagels and fruit. Even at 8am they didn't have it fully set up yet (started at 6am) and we had to wait. I wouldn't book again.

Great value....

I presented my confirmed booking itinerary at to the front desk agent, at time of check in, but my rate was not honored at that time. Fortunately, the manager has since corrected the rate error. I am happy to say that once I called, the error was immediately corrected.

The bed was comfortable and the wifi was easily accessible. I also appreciated the prompt response from the manager in resolving my rate discrepancy.

Great for the money.. Staff is AMAZING!
    • King Suite

The location of my room on the busy street side

The staff is very courteous, welcoming and helpful. I enjoyed the continental breakfast and the location of the hotel is great. Overall I would most definitely choose to stay here again..

Location near airport, 5 minutes by car in the morning (no...

Loud air condition Room smell like wet clothes

Location near airport, 5 minutes by car in the morning (no traffic jam). Quiet room Very comfy spacious room (good after our shopping in outlets).

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Cleaning lady was awesome!

Shower handles and showerhead could have been cleaned better. Room smelled like cover up cigarette smoke. Rm 233... our room before didnt.

Cleaning lady was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Didnt like that booking is the worste you guys still moment...

Didnt like that booking is the worste you guys still moment back and forth. Had an emergency weather has horrible made the reservation five minutes later wanted to cancel the reservation you guys took my money. Was not allowed to cancel. You guys are true worst !!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Short stay, early flight. Worked out perfect for us w/ location, breaky and shuttle!

Not enough towels and when I called to ask for more, I was told I could come and get some more. We had just gotten out of pool, about to jump in shower and have a two year old so it was just a little inconvenient. We didn't bother grabbing any, just made do.

I liked the included breakfast and the awesome airport shuttle service!

Decent hotel that I would stay at again

The only thing that surprised me was that the hallways were a little dingy. They look like they've had a lot of traffic.

Comfortable Hotel. Good bang for the buck. Close to the airport. Room was clean. Parking was good. Gas nearby for rental car.

Good place for the price

Parking was full when I arrive. I tried to use their additional parking space (grass) and my car got stuck. Ended up paying for a toll to move my car. This grass parking lot is a trap!

Good place for the price

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

PLEASENT

THE UNFRIENDLY ATTENTION OF ONE OF THE GIRLS AT THE FRONT DESK ( THE DAY WE MAKE THE CHECK IN AT 9 ... PM).

THE CONFORT OF THE ROOMS, THE CLEANEANIG, THE DISTANCE TO THE AIRPORT.

Friendly, convenient, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel!

A bit more room in the breakfast area.

Close to airport, and shuttle was offered. I booked three rooms, and staff accommodated our request to be near each other. Breakfast was good, but a bit crowded. One of our rooms was ready early, so we were able to store our luggage in that room.

Nice hotel overall

That my room was not ready when it was promised. Had to wait 40 minutes. The manager wasn't pleasant and sounded rude when I was asking why the room wasn't ready. We were attending a wedding and time was an essence.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Clean and neat and quiet actually a better room than the disney resort room i was in.

The little refrigerator was noisy, it hummed thru out the night. The breakfast area was a little too spread out for the continental breakfast .

Room was clean the bed was excellent to sleep on tv worked and the remote worked . T he bathroom was clean and adequate towels

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great airport stay
    • King Suite

Breakfast could have been better. The hot eggs and meat were fine but the bagels and such were so-so.

The close proximity to the airport and the cleanliness of the rooms.

Nice place to stay

Because I booked thru a 3rd party booking company I did not qualify for the rewards program of a free night after staying 2 nights. I should have been told that upfront

Very clean. Great breakfast.

Secure deposit policy warning

The hotel has a deposit policy, they do not inform you (this information does not appear on booking.com), and they make a hold of the money in your account during your stay, it is totally refundable (according to the hotel) if there is no damage to the property , But it is disgusting to block the money in your account without warning. Until today the money on hold has not been released, I'm still waiting ...

Well worth the $$

Bathroom

The staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was well worth the price. Bathroom was a little outdated and could use a makeover, made it feel dirty.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Clean rooms, read on.

I think they should change the brand of the waffle mix actually. I'm obsessed with waffles but they weren't great. Also, the jacuzzi looked dirty, so we didn't get in :( My tub jets weren't working! What a shame :(

Room was very clean :)

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

1 bad apple, but otherwise alright.
    • King Suite

There was one employee, a young black woman, who sat behind the desk, on her phone, with a chair she rolled out of the business center. For two nights, I witnessed her hang up on guests who called from their room. When we called down to let her know we had ordered a pizza, she just picked up and hung up.

Rude staff and way overpriced.

First off when we arrived we went to check in and we also decided to get an extra room for my parents while we were there. I made a reservation on booking.com for them too and it turns out I actually made the booking for the following week on accident so when we went inside the front desk worker told us that we made that mistake which was fine but he also told us that there were no rooms left for them and after looking he did find an empty room for $140. That was definitely too high priced for this property but my mom booked with us anyway. He went on to tell us how this was the best property we would find with the best pool and everyone else would be full. Instead of telling us positive things about the property he spent the time saying how bad everywhere else in town was. He was way too aggressive and as we walked by the front desk later he was talking negatively about other guests. He had terrible manners. The pool was not the best, it was pretty dirty. When we went to the room the first thing I noticed is that the toilet did not flush well and it had a ring of dirt in it and the sink water smells like eggs. They only put two towels in the room and one had a huge smudge of makeup or something else that is brown all over it. The last thing I noticed is that online the hotel is advertising a free shuttle which they have but they don't tell you it is only 4:30am-11:30pm so if you have a red eye their schedule will not accommodate and their breakfast doesn't open until 6:00am even though the first shuttle is at 4:30. I have also been charged an extra $50 which they say they hold until they check the room after your stay but it still hasn't been returned to my account. This fee was also a surprise to me as it was not included in the information upon booking. Overall I would say that the evening staff alone is enough for me to never recommend this place again.

The morning front desk man and the shuttle driver.

Just what you'd expect.

Due to weather conditions, there was little to no breakfast options. I know it's technically not their fault, but disappointing since it's one of the reasons we booked here.

Clean, simple, what you'd expect. Good price.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Comfort & close to Orlando Airport!

Explain how the room key works on checking in since it was a bit different. (Push up instead of down!)

Breakfast was good and had variety. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was spacious and modern.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

OK if you forego breakfast.
    • King Suite

got to hotel ay 1am so got to breakfast at 8.40am apart from coffee there was nothing left. I went to the front counter to be told that they were busy last night/this morning and breakfast ends at 9am…… Helloooo you knew you were going to be busy and even if i showed up at 8.55 I would expect to be fed something. Total apathy at the front desk……very poor Wont be using sleep in again.

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great place to stay

Computer slow in business center. Had to turn off to get on. Eggs slightly rubbery. Ice cream too expensive.

Extremely clean. Like hot water control on shower. Ice cream sold downstairs but expensive. Excellent idea.