Reviews of Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler 3 stars

105 San Drive, Pooler, Savannah, GA 31322, USA

#88 of 135 hotels in Savannah

We had a stain in the middle of our bedspread, we alerted the housekeeper, who informed us that alot of the bedspreads had stains and if she changed it, we would probably get another stain on the new one. The coffee in the room was awful, tasted like dishwater. There were little black flies in the hallway and a couple got in our room we had to kill. Check your refrigerator before you put stuff in it as ours froze everything The Wifi is terrible and disconnected often.

We enjoyed the breakfast, it was really good and a good variety, also a waffle maker. Coffee downstairs was excellent, the coffee in the rooms was lousy. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were nice, LOVED the big stand up shower!

• King Suite

Whoever prepared my room for check in on May 26th did a poor job in cleaning my room men underwear and plastic fork was found in the room

The View and the staff the breakfast it was a great experience for my 8th anniversary with my wife

• Queen Room

Out dated. Breakfast offering terrible. Price High. Elevator a year out of certification. No staff at desk, they we're in a back room all the time. Exercise equipment 80% out of service

Toilet wouldn’t stop running, blood on my blanket/sheet, waited at front desk for 15 to check out but no one showed up- I had to leave or I would be late.

Everything the air conditioning leaked so the floor was wet and the bathrooms need updating the shower door did not open we squeezed through the small opening to shower thank goodness we are small people

I could not enjoy the room the man sleeping in the room next door snores loudly ALL night and it sounded like a car being dragged with no wheels....... I thought I was dreaming I was delirious no sleep and to attend my daughters graduation and drive back home 5 hrs away.... crazy

The uninvited cleaning staff on Sunday morning. My cousin and his wife had the same issue down the hall.

Eating area needs their chairs cleaned or replaced. All other areas appeared great. Housekeeping tried to come in at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday morning as we were showering. Desk staff discovered I had left my pocketbook and made an effort to call me until they found me! I was able to quickly returned and pick it up! The young man in the eating area and the front desk ladies were personable and offered their help readily.

• Queen Room

After we checked into our room that evening we proceeded to take a shower. Immediately green algae started coming off the shower track into the shower. It was disgusting. I've never seen such a filthy shower track in a hotel. I wiped some of it off but there was so much I asked to be moved to a different room. It was late so I said we'd move the next morning. We were anxious to go see the sights in savannah so we said we would change rooms later that day. They said that was fine and they'd have another room ready when we got back. The front desk made me new keys and told me to go to the new room. Well The staff was still cleaning our new room at 4 o'clock in the afternoon when we got there. We had to wait in the hallway 15 minutes. Later that day I took my grandson to their indoor pool. It was unbelievably disappointing. It had an overwhelming chlorine smell and the pool was very cold. The drywall was crumbling on every wall there. I was expecting it to be a heated pool. I was wrong. We couldn't even stay. The breakfast was exactly the same every morning for the 4 mornings we were there. The scrambled eggs were really bad. Fake eggs and always cold. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. EVER !!!

• Queen Room

The hotel is dirty. Parts of our bathroom were never cleaned. The floor under the vanity was filthy. Big dirty stains on the floor of the one elevator stayed there for the 3 days we were there. A huge stain was on the carpet in the hall. Chairs in the breakfast area were dirty and stained. One of the sliding glass shower doors was completely off the track, and after two attempts by maintenance, it was never complety fixed. We had no smoke alarm, just wires dangling from the ceiling (we found the smoke alarm in the closet, and asked the hotel to reinstall it. ..never done. Probably a fire code violation.) Housekeeping never actually cleaned anything, just made beds and left new towels. Toilet paper wasn't replaced one day when we were nearly out. I found an old wet used coffee pad in the coffeee maker. The ice bucket was disgusting. We weren't supplied with clean cups or coffee, and used cups were just left The woman at the front desk was very nice and gave us cups, coffee, and toilet paper, and even discounted our room, but the overall condition of the hotel is pretty sad. It needs renovating and a major cleaning, as well as a more competent housekeeping staff.

It is an easy drive into Savannah.

• King Suite

I was very disappointed in the lack of cleanliness in the room the carpet was dirty because they didn’t vacuum. The desk still had leftover food crumbs from the person that stayed before us. The bath tub was full of hair. And there were no towels. We had to use the pullout bed for our kids it looked disgusting lots of stains I had to spray it down with Lysol and put extra bedding on it just to feel halfway comfortable letting them sleep on it. This was my first time staying in a Sleep Inn and probably my last! We would have left as soon as we got there but other hotels in the area were sold out.

The location was good.

• Queen Room

1St room smelled like marijuana, 2nd room wasnt cleaned from previous guests, 3rd room was NASTY. Everything was dirty and smelled bad. Pool area was filthy with broken shelf and wet towels, gym equipment out of order, shower curtain covered in urine. Housekeeper was walkimg halls spraying lysol at 10pm

Disgusting, dirty, smelled like a wet dog and pot.

• King Suite

The whole experience was horrible

It was digusting it smelled like mildew and cigarettes I didn’t even want the shower curtain to touch me. The whole room was hot and humid I had to constantly run the air conditioning to survive

• Queen Room

The vending machine was out of water but the lady at the front desk went out of her way to get me a bottled water

Staff made sure I had everything I needed

Ashley at the front desk was great. Our room was dirty, our shower head was broken . We could smell weed and smoke as soon as we stepped off of the elevator. And the pool was out of order .. one of the main reasons I booked here was for the indoor pool. I was told money would be credited back to my account and I have yet to see that payment reversal.

The main reason we chose this hotel was because of the indoor pool but we were extremely disappointed to find out that it wasn't heated. The room could have been cleaner. The pillows were travel sized pillows and one of them had dried blood on the pillow itself. Found a hair and a considerable amount of dirt in the sheets.

Location off of I-95 was super convenient. We really enjoyed the continental breakfast with waffles!

The table tops are dusty. The comforter was stained or dirty. And the throw for decoration was dirty. Went out about Lysol to spray bed

The shower was nice. And the bed was comfortable.

Marks on the wall, panel falling off the air conditioning unit, hair dryer had a crack in the base and breakfast put up early.

Location and large shower

• Queen Room

Would have liked more choices for fresh cooked breakfast.

Great hotel. Very clean and friendly. Breakfast was good. Staff was very kind and friendly.

Excellent continental breakfast.. eggs, sausage, yogurt, bananas, etc.etc. Beds are clean and comfortable. Sink did not drain. Carpets in elevators and hallway are very dirty. Cushions on chairs in eating area are very very dirty. It makes the hotel feel unappealing and questionable...

• Queen Room

The room stunk, like the were trying to cover something up, the bed was horrible, hard slept maybe two hours, walls thin could hear next door snoring. Shower and toilet horrible, almost fell in the shower, no slip guard on bottom of shower.

The pool was cloudy. Left for the day to return to an unclean room, housekeeping didnt replenish linens, take out trash or anything. Glass shower doors have soap scum...not clean.

The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet (3rd floor)

Construction on pool wall.

I enjoyed the location, cleanliness and the great attitude of the staff. The lady serving the breakfast was great and friendly. The front desk lady was kind and helpful with directions to the historic district of Savannah.

The pool was cold and kinda gross..You could see the oil floating on the top of the water. Did not use it, even though we wanted too.

The staff was very nice. Beds were incredible...

We really appreciate staff member TAMMY of being very helpful and friendly of giving us tips to visit Savannah to the fulliest in two days. We enjoyed the breakfasts which it saved us time and money. The room was very nice and loved the large and spa like bathroom. We are very happy that we chose Sleep In and Suites over many hotels and the it was great convenience of being close to the I-95 highway as well. Thanks for making our Savannah trip enjoyable. God bless you all.

front desk staff was rude and not very helpful, the rooms were outdated, the towels had a dingy look, the air conditioner was broke but did work, the pool was crudy so much chlorine the doors had to be open, there was no parking in the afternoon we had to park in holiday inn's parking lot, my daughter got stuck in the shower because the shower door was stuck (raggedy) and the carpets and furniture in the hotel was stained and really really awful.

the bed was fluffy

• Queen Room

Swimming pool isn't small kid ftiendly

Everything was picture perfect except for the fact the swimming pool access was easy to get in for a small kid and the pool was 4 feet all the way around small kids just might not understand what that really mean and just jump right in I would stay at that property everytime I'm in the area.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

My room was not cleaned properly. I am a supervisor in housekeeping my self so i inspected the room and there was hair in sink and a ring around the toilet. The carpet had not been vacuumed candy paper and dust behind the night stands. Hair was in the bed and pillow cases looked dingy. I didnt complain cause i usually clean the room anyway once i check in. But they should do a better job of cleaning and fault should be on inspector.

Convenience to restaurants and stores

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Rooms were large bright and comfortable. Had everything we needed and was close to the airport having arrived late in Savannah. Breakfast had a large amount of options including waffles eggs bacon yogurt fruit and cereal.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Queen Room

Bedding was stained, could have been taken care of by laundry, I should not have to find that for them.

Beds were comfortable, shower was good. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Some one was in our room upon arrival and staff was unaware of that. After a long confusing trip up and down the elevator 4 times we got another room and a discount for the hassel.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Queen Room

Bathroom wasn't very clean--dust on lamps and bedroom furniture--lamp shades had holes in them and looked like they had been sat on--furniture was scarred and beaten up.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Stains on walls, stains on carpet and all furniture. Roaches. Toilet rocked and leaks on floor. Breakfast was late with nothing but bagels and cereal. Side entry door was broken. Not enough parking room. Gouged on price.

tv

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room

Breakfast was not as good as others. Needed eggs bacon cheese danish. Sheets were not clean looking had stains all over them. We asked to get them changed.

Maids very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room

The coffee during breakfast on the second day was horrible. It was very thin (like water), and grounds in the coffee. There was no microwave for public use.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The shower door was broken, the shower itself wasn't clean. Hair found in the sheets.It wasn't worth my $85!!

The hotel was in close proximity to I95.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The housekeeper that was present at the time was rushing us so she could clean our room but never did upon us coming back from an outing! Not pleased at all!!!!!

The breakfast was magnificent, it was an excellent location and the staff was nice and friendly!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Our door to the room was rubbing. We returned from the beach late evening and found our door was not fully shut. Aparently housekeeping did not close it fully. I did report this to the front desk.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Staff was unfriendly. Parking was not enforced. People were parked in front of the door making it impossible to pull through the entrance. Bathroom was not cleaned. Towel from previous great was still hanging on the door.

Free breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room

Someone may not have shown up to work on Sunday morning or they were short staffed but the girl at the front desk had to manage the continental breakfast which lacked food and beverages when she had a customer at the desk.

Front desk staff was very professional and very nice. Met the maid in the elevator, very nice. Breakfast was yummy!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

I am a morning person and like to start my day with a hot cup of coffee when I get downstairs at 6:35 almost 7 o'clock breakfast wasn't even ready cause it was cold the ex was very watery sausage look like it was never cook as I run my own business I understand a lot of things can happen but instead of the lady I apologize she was just complaining how she works for so many hours and how many days straight why the rest of the staff is lazy and when I got back to my room after room service and ask them for towel Which lady was very nice about it and said she didn't have any on her car but she would drop some off shortly when she did she was very nice and polite and the day of my check out that was supposed to check out at 11 o'clock room service decided to walk in to clean my room at 9:30 without even knocking on the door to see if anyone was still in there so I felt rushed leaving the room earlier than I'm supposed to overall my stat was not quite as pleasant as I was hoping

The eggs where exactly very runny and watery the coffee on the first day was cold it said breakfast was supposed to be served between 6 and 7 she was just getting started at 6:30 the sausage look they like they where never cooked but on the plus side when i ask koroom service for some clean towels she said she didn't have any on her at the moment but she brought him to the room which was nice of her she was very friendly I was supposed to check out at 11 but it 9:30 room service walked in my room without even knocking to see if someone was still in there so my experience was not that well

• Queen Room

The hotel is in a great location, but poorly maintained. A lot of the fixtures are falling a part and there is soap scum building in the showers. For where the hotel is located they should put more money into updating the hotel and stop cutting corners.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I like the price for the stay, but the staff needs to do more cleaning. The tub appeared to be dirty in the bottom. I asked for towels, and wash rags, I never received them. We had to go out and purchase some. The day I checked out the elevator stop working and a family was stuck for about 15 minutes.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

The breakfast was awful and the lady running the breakfast was rude. The pool area was extremely hot and smelt to much like chlorine. It was hot in Savannah and the pool didn't help you cool off.

The place was very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• King Suite

On Sat the 25th the breakfast was not good. Eggs were watery, weak coffee, watered down orange juice, hot water had debris in it. On Sun the 26th the person that normally fixes the breakfast returned and all was good. Pool was dirty.

Comfortable beds. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Room

The toilet wouldn't flush, the vending machine only took change, the lady who made the breakfast had an attitude.

Hotel was okay for the money that we paid for it, we stayed for 2 days

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The room was nasty. Dirty sheets, duvet insert had blood stains on it. When called to the front desk, they advised housekeeping left for the day and we would have to wait until the next day to get a new comforter. The staff (2 African American girls) very unprofessional. I wouldn't stay here again. Would rather sleep in my car. And they had 3 pending transactions on my boyfriends card. When approached front desk they acted like they had no idea.

Horrible experience

The carpet and the sofa had some stains

Very close to downtown Savannah, nice and comfortable room, good value

The sofa was very dirty

Great location, very good breakfast, clean and comfortable room

Clean and quiet

The was in a good area,and look forward to the next time.

The commodations,and the peace of mind.Also eating places,and shopping was quite convient.

Personnel was on poin

The cleanliness of the facility and the breakfast was superb

Breakfast area could be bigger.

Bed was very comfortable.

Economical, convenient & friendly

It could have been cleaner in our room especially in the bathroom.

Staff was very pleasant.

Room wasn't cleaned during the day. Was non smoking, but smelled of smoke

Good staff

Too noisy

Food was good

• Queen Room

The pool was small, cold and closed 1/2 the time we were there ,the front desk staff left a little bit to be desired

Breakfast was good

Yes breakfast great

Great Customer service

• Queen Room

Filthy rooms and hotel...

Location was convenient.

Cleanliness of carpets in all areas.

Price and location

• Queen Room

Could have been cleaner and a lot of broken things. Smells funny.😟

Great stay!

Very small area and the cereal was old. It is OK.

• Queen Room

The load guest in the next room.

Hotel was clean and great location.

All good!

Excellent value.

• Queen Room

Great staff and breakfast.

Room couch was stained and dirty.

cheap.

• Queen Room

Beds and pillows are worn out, carpets are disgusting, breakfast was terrible, shower fixtures worn out.

Front desk people were nice and helpful.

They could use a bug service to spray the property. Found one crawling in front of the TV.

The smell of the room when we first walked and one of the lights didn’t work

The staff was nice and helpful

Restaurants weren’t near by

Would go back again first choice.

Nothing, nothing, nothing

Friendly staff, good appearance, conveniently located.

• Queen Room

The bed was too hard other than that everything was good.

Overall a good stay! Friendly staff!

Browse Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler traveller photo gallery