Reviews of Sleep Inn & Suites Upper Marlboro near Andrews AFB 2 stars

9310 Marlboro Pike, Morningside, MD 20772, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Morningside

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The strong smell of cigarette & marijuana smoke. And there was no coffee both mornings because the machine was broken.

Good location for my needs; the staff was extremely nice.

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sodabed - Non-Smoking

The room was too small to be called a suite. Initially the bathroom smelt like weed, the table top in the room was dirty....the pull out sofa was the smallest I've ever see and let me tell u we have stayed at our fair share of hotels.....

• Standard King Room

I didn’t like that the room advertised had a hot tub but the one I stayed in did not. Also, I believe it could’ve been a bit cleaner.

I liked how pleasant the staff was and the layout of the hotel.

• Standard King Room

Hire More Staff, Make sure Supplies are Ordered in a timing Order. Check every room for Tv's Remote, Bathroom needs, etc.

I was disappointed I went there expecting a room with a jetted tub, the were all out of service, my remote control didn't work, waited for 1hour to get a replacement. Then for breakfast, there were no forks, the lady explained that she had put in a order since Monday but they haven't arrived. Also there wasn't much food either,that order haven't arrived as yet. My experience for the first time was not a Good one. The staff are overworked and underpaid, the front desk lady, holds 5different titles, cleaning room, answering phones,brining remote control to the rooms,housekeeping, etc. Choice Hotels Must Do Better. The Head Bosses need to check up on their staff, General Manager, the Overall Hotel Itself.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The smell of smoke in the building. The building reeked of cigarette smoke, but I understand that it’s a smoking hotel. It wouldn’t stop me from coming back.

I really like liked the staff! Super friendly. The room was clean & didn’t smell of smoke like the hallways 👍🏼 Breakfast was good and the coffee was phenomenal!

• King Room with One King Bed - Smoking

I I did not like that they had a picture of a hot tub but when I got there the hot tub did not work and that was the reason I picked my room come to find out it hasn't been working in years so they need to take that picture out of the brochure because it's misleading and I was disappointed

I enjoyed my stay ☺

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

The pillows was not comfortable. Heating/AC unit made a lot of noise. The coffee maker didn't look clean.

The big bed was nice and having the mini frig was a good touch.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The overwhelming stench of cigarettes. Had to run through a cloud of it to get to the fitness center, which was located on the smoking floor (I didn't realize this was a smoking hotel or I would have stayed somewhere else). The smell of cigarettes was overpowering when you reach the elevator, no matter what floor you were on. No one bothered to sweep the elevator all weekend either. They completely ran out of breakfast on my last day there and promised more was on the way - no one bothered to actually bring more food or make an apology or anything while the kids and I waited. When I got to the lobby for breakfast there was some show on tv having a lot of offensive language and I had to ask the staff to change the channel to something more age appropriate for the kids I had with me. Only the person behind the desk greeted me, we were invisible to the rest of the staff we encountered. There weren't any toothbrushes (I forgot mine) and was directed to the nearest Target to buy one for myself. There were some bums hanging around outside the property in the morning and they were in the exact same spot when we returned later that night. And upon checking in after a ten hour drive, the security man had asked if he could get in front of me and my family so he could check out for his shift. The "customer service" in this place was left much to be desired.

I liked the room. I also liked the fitness center.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds had broken springs they lost my reservation so it took 30 minutes to check after pleading with front desk for a room after showing my reservation confirmation. I had to do another reservation online before I was given a room

Leaving

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

On day 3out of a 4day trip the door stopped working. The card reader had to be "charged". However it never was resolved. So everytime i wanted to go in the room i would have to go to the front desk to get another key made or bave staff opwn the door!

Pillows and brdding was comfy

• Standard King Room

They gave someone else the room I was staying in, resulting in them opening the door at midnight. The staff did not apologize when I informed them in the morning. Would never stay here again.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel reeked of cigarette smoke, especially the halls and the elevator. There was not many parking spots. The surrounding area (directly and indirectly) nor the other people staying there/ "hanging out nearby" did not seem very safe/welcoming.

The concierge both during check in and check out were very kind and welcoming!

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

I was charged twice. I had my card on hold for I. D purposes paid in cash the day I arrived. In the morning the clerk charged my card. When I tried to get the payment reversed also with my bank on the phone she refused to cooperate. Now I have to wait 7 to 10 business days. I have been using this hotel for a while but after this, not sure anymore because this is unacceptable

The room was clean nice area not noisy

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were to small, wouldn't stay unier your head and the heat control system with the room key didn't work well.

The price and the breakfast

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sodabed - Non-Smoking

I didn't get to enjoy breakfast, maybe because of the Chinese students visit, meals of choice was gone.And not replenished.

Like the bed, and the small pillows.

• Double Room - Smoking

I did not like the height of the bathroom sink. It was too high and I'm 5'3". I guess I'm short. When I arrived the older lady who checked me in was rude and did not know how to explain anything. I told her I wanted to pay cash for the room even though I booked with a credit card. She kept telling me she need my credit card after I told her I didn't have that card with me. Then she called the manager. All she needed to say was I could pay with cash but needed a credit card also on file in case of damages and that it will not be charged for the cost of the room. She just didn't explain the process and she was rude. The manager had to do it. I couldn't believe she was also training someone. She needs to be retrained on customer service especially and how to explain things to customers.

I loved the cleanliness of the room and the beds were comfortable considering I have a bad back. I also loved the breakfast which consisted of fresh waffles, choice of bacon or sausage, delicious fluffy eggs, and juices. Or you can get bagel or donut. I also liked the morning receptionist. She was courteous, professional, and very helpful at breakfast and check out.

• Standard King Room

All night long, I scratched and wasn't sure why until the next day, I checked out and got home and had bite marks everywhere and sent pictures to booking.com and it's been well over a week and nothing has yet to be resolved or any type of compensation for my pain and suffering me and my wife had to endure, totally bad business for it to take this long for a response, not being responsible as managers.

Good customer service

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

Overall cleanliness could have been better, room (smoking) all that was available smelled like someone had just occupied the room within a few hours.

Proximity to my destination and the highway

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The curtains were too long and blocked the air conditioning or heating system from blowing out air. We had to take a shoe to hold up the curtains. The room was very small not enough space for two adults and two children. Double rooms could be a little bigger.

The staff were very professional and pleasant. The beds were comfortable and clean. I was impressed with the neatness and décor of the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to others. The location was not hard to find with the help of GPS. The front desk staff was responsive and offered assistance. The computer was running slow during check out and the attendant offered to take down my email and send me a receipt after the computer was up and running.

• Standard King Room

The bedding could've been a little softer and they need more of a healthy breakfast not so much pork

They have complementary breakfast. And it's not nosey workerd there

• Double Room - Smoking

We asked for non-smoking and still got smoking. The beds were absolutely horrible and the room smelled awful! We traveled with 140 other people(school field trip)...There was a liquor store and bar in the parking lot of the hotel! Not at all a place for children!!

The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sodabed - Non-Smoking

The place was disgusting! It smelled of marijuana and cigarettes. I had small children with me. The bed that was supposed to a King was a queen. The pullout sofa was all springs and dirty.. even my child didn't wanna touch it. This place was definitely gross!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Found a stink bug in the room on the ceiling. When we return from our evening out, entering the facility, it smelt like Marijuana in the lobby and in the hall area. Parking was not the best.

Saturday front desk clerk, she was very nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

The room reeked of cigarettes! Shower had mold inside of it! The heater barely worked inside. The floor had used matches on the carpet! The pictures online are no where near what the room looks like! Was promised a hot tub and when I arrived was told they have been removed from all the rooms! Even though it's listed online and in their pictures

Just the pillows

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Did not like the fact that the breakfast was not completely ready by 7am. Receptionist was pleasant to me but kinda rude to a senior citizen that was apart of my group.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was welcomed by a cigarette butt and a dime sitting on the corner of the tv stand. Not sure what that "means", but after a quick glance at the carpet, I left. If you party hard enough, you might not care, but don't attempt to stay there with kids. I'm a road warrior, but this was too much. Stayed elsewhere, AND for less money. Oh, and this was a Monday night.

Don't stay here. The only good thing was that the woman at the desk didn't argue with me when I told her I was leaving just minutes after checking in.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room - Smoking

They couldn't find our reservation elevator was broke,vendeing machine was also broke some television channels wasn't working

Close to my family house.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

Where do I start? First I was told my room had been sold even though my reservation was confirmed. Then miraculously, I had a room. Price was $150 for a disgusting, musty, smelly, hot room. Woke up at 3am and left since I couldn't stand the smell!!! Worst hotel I've ever stayed. Place should cost no more than $40/night.

Nothing. Place is a complete overpriced dump!!! Room smelled like an ashtray, all of my clothes, luggage, Phone, laptop, charger, hair, shoes smelled terrible even hours after I left.... Terrible.

The quietness.

Parking

Breakfast and checking process

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The free breakfast was inadequate

Reception was warm

• Standard King Room

Building smelled like cigarette smoke

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location, wasn't really around much

The pillows were really soft

Ok

Ok

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the location and people hanging outside the hotel.

The free breakfast.

• Standard King Room

Front desk was slow messed up my registration and she asked me for 2 different misc charges

Clean

Love it

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sank in the middle and was noisy

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location. Not much around. Too secluded and isolated.

The cleanliness.

Nothing everything was great

Comfortable bed and smoking room

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sofabed - Smoking

Literally Everything The Hotel The Staff Etc.

• Double Room - Smoking

There was no dislike about my stay

Definitely will return in future n I will pass on to family n friends

Nada

Nada

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sodabed - Non-Smoking

It was to far from places to eat

It was very clean quiet

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Fan Coil Unit's fan operated continiously. ANd was noisy whole night. It didn't let me sleep.

everything was very nice

• Standard King Room

Didn't have my room right.

It's quiet.

n/a

Bed was comfortable; Did not eat breakfast at the facility.

Only 2 handicap parks.

It was clean, friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the breakfast staff was in hurry and rude to shut down breakfast

waffles were amazing

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and kind

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were small and the hotel smelled like cigarette smoke.

The room and bathroom was very clean.

• Double Room - Smoking

The hotel was very comfortable . . . the staff was nice and they made me feel welcomed

• Standard King Room

I felt at home, it was very peaceful.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The staf

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean No microwave in the room No iron in the room No tv remote control in the room

The staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Jacuzzi not working

The price

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Convience and affordable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I like that I was greeted as soon as I walk though the door. My room was clean and comfort. Really enjoy my stay...

• Standard King Room - Smoking

The toilet kept running every so often

The room was quite and pretty clean

• Standard King Room - Smoking

A few stains on the comforter

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

need better sign out front of business

Hotel nice and clean. Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Elevator broken

Clean

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• 1 Room Suite w/ Sodabed - Non-Smoking

The room was very small for the price. The air didn't work either

It was quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

The second night the staff was awful , first of all I dnt smoke , he checked me in a smoking room. I want back and said I dnt smoke I will like to change room he said there is no other room to checked in. I have to say I need a refund before he checked me into another room .. All am saying is pls make sure u check the right people in the right room pls thanks

I stayed two night and for the first night the staff was amazing

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

I didn't have any concerns about the Sleep Inn. They've always been very accommodating with any needs that arise.

This is an ideal location for a convention I had to attend. the staff was great and helpful with directions and places to eat.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Our stay was awesome except for the last night before check out. There were some teenagers next door to us & they kept running in & out of there door until 1am in the morning. It probably went on longer than that. Not really sure due to the fact that we checked out because we could not sleep with all the noise.

Hotel was very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable. Loved the shower

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

upon arriving our reservation wasn't in the system at the hotel. i was inconvenienced and had to call booking.com in order for the person to honor my reservation

the room was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

The phone in my room was not connected. I needed to stay an extra night and was told I had to move to another room. Prepared for that, and in the am staff said that I could stay in the same room. Just a mix up but time consuming and a bit stressful. The printer in the business center did not work and I needed those capabilities. The AC was a bit loud and despite being told that the key operates it, it could be used without a key. The maid must have left it on because I did not.

Staff was very friendly. Probably some of the best I have come across at this type of hotel. Location was where I needed it. Refrigerator was nice. The hotel was very well kept although I do not know the age.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

It's just a gross hotel. I should have expected it for the location and price we paid, but it's just…not a nice place if you're used to staying at a Hampton Inn or something like that. Worth a bit farther of a drive if you like to be comfortable.

It was a 5-minute drive from our client's office.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

My mother and I came to visit on business and the floors of the hotel room were caked in a sticky substance. Cigarette smoke was very potent on the elevator and the room had remnants of smoke as well when we booked a non smoking room.

The staff was friendly and because I was there on business, it was a reasonable distance from DC and DCA airport.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

The over night front desk clerk was very rude and unprofessional and asked me and my family to leave because I got upset that he cancelled my reservation. Was very confrontational and was not concerned that I had very young children with me @ 4.00 am. He made no attempt to resolve the issue and he only gave me a room after I called a rep over the phone and they told him to help me. I was placed in a smoking room which is not what I reserved and could barely sleep because of the strong cigarette smoke smell. The room was not clean with damaged furniture. The whole area have a terrible odor. I will never ever stay there or recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Our air conditioner was loud. But didn't complain because it worked.

They allowed us to stay beyond check out time. The hotel is in a quiet atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

wifi didn't work, couldn't connect rooms were small and the kids were not allowed to sit right outside our door to play cards.

the beds were comfortable staff was friendly, for the most part nice bathroom, clean

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

The smell of smoke in the building

Everything was good other than smoke smell

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.