Reviews of Rodeway Inn Near Florida Mall 2 stars

5.1

4.9

5.9

5.9

Will never stay there again and will make sure to let everyone know

I booked a room for 2 nights and there were 7 problems. 1)-Woke up twice... (Bottle breaking fight, Lady employee walks in at 5am),  2)-No garbage can,  3)-No top lock or chain lock,  4)-Deadbolt is on backwards.. Looks locked when it's not,  5)-No 'Do Not Disturb' Sign,  6)-Bathroom Door gets stuck,  7)-Short curtains.. Street lights come in Because of this, we did not feel safe plus could not sleep and left after one night, instead of 2, then booked at a different place. The lobby cashier was rude and I was charged the full rate, Booking .com later negotiated some of the money back

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Front desk clerk upon attempting to check in was nice.

I was not previously informed there was a pound limit on pets. My pet being too big was not allowed. There was no onsite parking for my truck. I explained all of this prior to booking and paying by phone, and was assured they could accomadate me. Was never informed no onsite parking , nor that there was a dog weight limit. Paid for a room and couldn't even stay

Front desk clerk upon attempting to check in was nice. She attempted to work with me

Michelle, the lady on reception was so nice and helpful.

They didn’t have my reservation when I arrived so potentially could have paid twice. The area was dangerous, I got there and locked my door and didn’t open it till I left. The place wasn’t very clean, dirty towels etc. As a young female traveller staying for one night, it was a very bad choice, couldn’t wait to leave.

Michelle, the lady on reception was so nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Ok price but not for the location or room, it did have a...

It's a horrible location I found out... It's extremely loud with people up all night outside and vehicles driving by and we were furthest from the road... Not the best up keep or cleanliness, rooms smelled like smoke.

Ok price but not for the location or room, it did have a fridge and nice TV if needed/used.

Had a great time here

Nothing but the lady thats in the office now don't know her name but she's working now and today is the 3 going into the 3

That works in the daytime and all the staff that works in the daytime they are pretty cool

Close to the Mall and airport at least.

No microwave, do offer tea or coffee in single occupancy.My room was not made and I was out most of the time. Rooms need renovations.

Close to the Mall and airport at least.

Very disappointed!!

Bedsheet has a yellow stain!! Disgusting!! Pillow cover has hairs on it!! So many cockroaches & bugs in the bathroom!! Overall the room was dirty, bedsheet & pillow case were used from the previous guests & that was so disgusting!! Plus there was no free shampoo!

Nothing!!

I wouldn't recommend this :/

The price was OK, so I probably shouldn't expect much, but it was a bit scary there. The property is not fenced in, so we worried about car that we rented. Around 1 am, security man was knocking to each door and asking about some car, which was parked inappropriate....

Only the price and location.

The hotel was cleaner then expected based on the previous...

I was not happy with the website Booking.com and will not use it again as what i booked was not what the hotel provided. The positive was that the hotel looked after us.

The hotel was cleaner then expected based on the previous reviews.

Filthy, disgusting, not worth the $70 I paid!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

It was FILTHY! Garbage left on floor. Dirty pillowcases. Lousy linens in bathroom and only gave you a bar of soap. Made me very uncomfortable to stay there and would have left if didn't get in so late at night. Slept on top of sheet only and cranked heat which luckily worked. Talked to a man outside while checking in who had the room earlier and told us he asked to be switched because of the garbage in the room. And we got that room, that they didn't even bother to clean in between! Not the best of area either.

Good location shabby room no nearby restaurants
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Office was locked at checkout and they wouldn't call me a cab and it took me over an hour to get a cab on my own

Didn't see any restaurants nearby but it was late and not hungry

The people were nice and friendly.

The room was dirty. The floor was sticky, there was hair in the sink, the towels didn’t seem to be clean, and there was an old food wrapper under the bed. One of the locks on the door was broken off. Also there was no trash can, which was odd, but not a problem.

The people were nice and friendly. The lady worked with me when my card didn’t work, and she was really nice. The beds are really soft, and the air conditioner works amazingly.

The room was very dirty. Not at all what the pictures showed. Smelled very musty. Seemed to be in a bad area as far as location. No hairdryer, frigerator, microwave as site described. Bad overall

Nightmare, didn’t even stayed the whole night

Beware tourist, worst place you can go, it's in the ghetto, near the strip club. People were screaming. Even the taxi driver beware us that this place is DANGEROUS.

Nothing, it's a complete disaster

Do not stay here ever.

They didn’t let us check in until late because they were cleaning. Upon entering the premises there was other people’s hairs and stains all over the mattress and sheets. Dirt and hair in every corner of the room. The shower plumbing was backwards for hot and cold water. Smelled like musty dirt inside. There are multiple reviews on yelp talking about the dirty rooms here and how the hotel isn’t safe. We saw two hookers roaming the property without shoes smoking cigarettes and multiple guest yelling at each other outside. I asked the staff if they could call me when the rooms were ready and they forgot even after I called hours later asking they still forgot.

The location near the airport and price are the only things you can like about this property.

Nothing was how I expected
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The TV was leaning the room looked as sumone use to live in the room I stayed in the pictures on the sight does not look like the hotel I was alot I was very disappointed but I didn't have a choice cuz there is no refunds

Nothing was how I expected

Room dirty no ac non profecional staff when i check in no towels no soap or paper tower in the room service is mediocre

Keep Looking.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

An antique (60's style) motel that has been remodeled. Bed cover shredded underneath. Pils on the sheets. Small frig that had been hand painted black. Stayed two nights because I had already paid. No one came in the second day to change towels or clean up. Priced extremely high for what it is.

Not much. Front desk person was nice.

The only good thing about my stay at the Inn was how close...

There were bugs on the walls and floors, we could hear others rooms talking/yelling, the carpet was coming up off the floor and the room smelled musty like it hadn't been deep cleaned in years.

The only good thing about my stay at the Inn was how close it was to the airport.

Absolutely HORRIFIC!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Right off the bat, as soon as we walked into the room, there was a strong cigarette smell. We sprayed air fresheners before we left to tour the city but as soon as we came back and opened the door the odor was even stronger. The entire time we stayed, housekeeping only came once and that was on the last night of our stay. We actually didn’t stay there the last night because when we arrived back at the hotel and went into the room we realized that someone had been in because our things were all out of place and my purse was left by the door, wide open, with $140.00 MISSING! We ran down to the front desk to explain to the “night time manager” the ordeal but instead of trying to help, he got very derogatory and nasty with us and threatened us. After he threatened us we did not feel safe staying at the hotel so we packed our things and left. I have not received the money that was stolen or a refund of the money for the last night.

The General Manager was very sweet! We arrived and she certainly made us feel welcome.

How close it was to the school I was going to.

No local programming on tv, only had five channels to watch. Complained about it everyday and they said it would be fixed. I checked out a day early (from 7 days to 6), and still got charged for the day I wasn’t there.

How close it was to the school I was going to.

The staff was amazing!

There was a dirty footprint on the wall, which was weird and the wifi was horrible! I ended up just using data b/c the wifi kept dropping me.

The staff was amazing! All very friendly and helpful.

We were glad to find a place with AC and TV after the storm and the Rodeway worked well for us.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were what you'd expect for the price, but could stand to be freshened out and give a little TLC. Light bulbs were missing from a few of the lights but the linens and towels were clean.

The hotel staff was friendly and the front desk manager was extremely accommodating. She went above and beyond to see that my mother was in comfortable room near the front office.

as we departed we felt overcharged-price to high for value received !!!--
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

the staff-esp- the G.M.- were great for what they did/offered -- but yet we felt it was too little to late-as such we felt overcharged --not much room(amenities )for the money-after future research-numerous places offer more for less--thus--- We most likely wont be back-

NO!- repeat No!!! breakfast was giving although it was listed in the ad!!!-One of the main reasons we picked this local-

Cheap clean hotel with no frills and near airport.

I requested a 1st level room which I did not get, but I booked late and the hotel was full so I understand. The room was very small but certainly adequate for 1 or 2 people and I was alone. I actually didn't have any complaints.

I selected this hotel to get a few hours sleep before catching a 6:00 am flight for the cheapest price. I had no interest in amenities of which there are very few. My only expectation was a clean bed and shower and the hotel fully met those expectations. The room also has a microwave, fridge and modern TV, none of which I needed. Also the tub surround is all granite which was nice.

Horrible

Staff. Smell of the place was horrible. And they have bed bugs .

Nothing . They have be bugs. I dis get bites all over. Dont recomend this place to anyone.

The staff was friendly.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I woke up Saturday morning and decided to go to Orlando. The hotel that I usually stay in didn't have any rooms available so I stayed here. The guy that ceckeded me in said I had the best room on the property. Well, I walk inside the room and there was a funny odor in the room. On top of that there were men shorts hanging up in the bathroom. I also don't like the one way in 1 way out driveway.

The staff was friendly. Fridge and microwave in room.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I couldn’t sttay it was too stinking
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room stink, blankywas burned with cigarette,

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I liked the flooring.

No amenities! Not even a small cube refridgerator!

I liked the flooring. No dirty carpet!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Horrible

Room was horrible

Walls bathroom nasty bed wasnt attach half size pillows smell nasty

Everything in room

Everything in room

Room smells like smoke

Room smells like smoke

Good

It was ok for the price I would stay there again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

It was ok for the price I would stay there again.

Can't complain

Everything was acceptable

Great location. Staff friendly.

Na

No breakfast but good

Unpleasant

Not comfortable, very abused,tiny,needs remodled..smelled of smoke and musty..even tho none smoking

Outside looked maintained

Good

Love it

I love everything

Not worth the price charged.

Website pictures give false information. Dirty walls with apparent body fluid stains. Patched walls. Strong smoke odor. Scary area.

Value for money

Easy check in and out

Good for a night sleep

Ok

Check-in took very long (staff was slow), location in one of the less safe areas in Orlando

Late check-in possible

We tried to stay out of the room as much as possible.

Everything. The facility looked nothing like the pictures online.

The worst stay in my life

Nothing. Terrible hotel

No toilet paper in rooms.

No toilet paper in rooms. Dirty. Door didn't lock.

Not good

I like the bed, air conditioning was good
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Old tv! No food, the internet was so slow

I like the bed, air conditioning was good

The hotel was a real shock, the place was not at all clean ( towels and sheets ).

The place wasn't at all clean, dirty floors and dirty towels

One of the staff members was helpful

Its infested

Terrible .

Terrible . Read Trip advisor comments

Grateful for a good nights sleep

Onstar assist

Not cleaning and bad service

Every thing

Nothing just the location

Didn't

Was of no help found a better place to stay more helpful staff there!!!!

IF I WOULD HAVE CHANCE TO SEE IT BEFORE BOOK I WOULDN'T HAVE SLEEP THERE. I TRAVEL A LOT. I'VE PAID
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

HAD PROBLEMS WITH TV. PRICE $85 FOR WHAT WAS ROBBERY.

A PLACE TO SLEEP.

Worst :I've seen

It was dirty, smelled bad, small inside and out

Only the locaton

Unpleasant

Room had a lot of moisture, bathroom. Was very dirty the bathroom door was broken and mold was in the corners

The lobby

The room setup was really good.

The WiFi wasn’t working

The room setup was really good. The staff was very friendly and helpful

Bathroom and bed were not clean.

Bathroom and bed were not clean. The toilet and toilet paper had blood stains. The bed sheets smelled like urine.

Gary at the front desk was so cordial and helpful

The smell was awful

Price

Never seen nothing so dirty in my life

Never seen nothing so dirty in my life

Good, minus the bugs

There were bedbugs.

Good location. Cheap.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Greasy floors in the restroom, strong mildew smell in the...

Greasy floors in the restroom, strong mildew smell in the room. House keeping disrupting my sleep before it's time for me to leave.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

It was nice

Na

It was nice

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

It's wonderful.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing everything is perfect.

The room is very clean and nice. Staff is very helpful,patient,and nice.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Nothing is good

Service is the worst, smoke ambience

Nothing is good

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Close to airport

Full of cockroaches!! All rooms. Even in the beds they come in!! We just wanted to rest one night before our flight in the early morning! Instead we got no sleep and left in the middle of the night to the airport. After we saw cockroaches crawling in our beds it was too much to take and we left! We complained before that and 3 other rooms were the same. It was already too late to change the hotel. And the reception lady was not helpful. She said she could not do anything, no money back, because she is not the manager and he would come the next morning only. It was a not fair deal and costed us a night of sleep before our tiring flight!! Never again!

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

We saw two roaches crawl out when we were closing the...

We saw two roaches crawl out when we were closing the curtains, and there were stains on the bed sheets. Also the water in the shower drained slowly. I thought it was overpriced for what we got.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Location was full of prostitutes.

Location was full of prostitutes. Housekeeper made herself at home and let herself right in the room without knocking on the door while I was in the shower and my husband was laying in bed without any clothes on. I was pissed!!!Also there were roaches crawling all over the walls,no refrigerator or microwave. Room was super small and bed had a fowl smell.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Worst hotel experience ever. We were just getting back from a 7 hour road trip, got to the motel at 11:30pm, we were so tired and just wanted to sleep. When we went to check in and they told us they were doing maintenance and had no room for us. They said they might have one later but we weren't going to wait around that late at night since we had a flight to catch at 5am. We ended up just going to the airport and sleeping there. They didn't even bother to call us to let us know about the situation.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The staff was nice

The TV didn't work the room smells like mildew the coffee pot was up under the bed just very very very poor facility cleanliness disgusting very nasty never again the t_v be in work the wrong smell like mildew the coffee pot what's up under the bed um just very very very poor facility plan is disgusting very nasty never again

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

upon our arrival it wasn't a king bed it was a full instead. Not enough condiments for guest..the bathroom floor was filthy with hair pins and dried up yellow looking tissue on the floor. Shower curtain molded along with molded soap holder in shower..the stay was very uncomfortable and we weren't pleased at all.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Nothing about it.

if you look the hotel website, everything looks brilliant. But that's not real. The room smell bad and humid. I open the drawers and they were dirty. Listen to this one. I went to take a bath and there was an used soap in there (what are you talking about). Me and my family felt unsafe in that room. The room that they asigned it was close to the street, so you can here the noise of the traffic all night long. The breakfast (get out of here). In other words, I DON'T recommend this place.

Nothing about it. Don't even get me start. I'm not kidding.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

I was charged twice it smelled really really bad the sheets...

I was charged twice it smelled really really bad the sheets were not cleaned the wifi was not working near my room I had to go outside to get the signal

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

I liked the location.

More attention needs to be given to how clean the rooms and surrounding areas are.

I liked the location.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

.what made it "right" was Its locaation

.what made it "right" was Its locaation NeXT to a great buffet.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.