Reviews of SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills 5 stars

465 South La Cienega Boulevard, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA

#122 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Nice. But won’t be back.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Checked in at 4 pm and room wasn’t ready. Just had a long drive from Vegas and wanted to sit out by the pool. Was forced to change with all my stuff in the spa upstairs. Again for the value little details like that should be avoided. Not worth the money but beautiful hotel otherwise.

The hotel itself if beautiful, but for the price I wasn’t wowed in any means. Save your money stay at the monderian!

Amazing hotel even better service!
    • Superior King Room

Loved it all, it just lacks a propper lobby area with seating, you feel like you are in the restaurant when sitting in the lobby which I wasnt really sure to sit there without buying a drink.

Staff are amazing always making sure you are having a good time. We stayed at 4 different hotels on our honeymoon and the service here was the best! We had and old room but it was stunning. Cant imagine what the new ones will be like!

Great staff, nicely decorated and excellent location

Leaving

Service was definitely the best. I had a few issues when I checked in, but everyone at the front desk tried to help me feel more comfortable and enjoy my stay. I have to give special thanks to the manager Mr. Rigoberto, because he helped me had an amazing stay there.

We specified there would be 3 people staying in the room and...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We specified there would be 3 people staying in the room and were given two beds. The beds were smaller than double resulting in one member of our party sleeping on the floor.

It was least of what I expected, but staff was very polite and helpful. Proximity to few places of i
    • Superior King Room

No bath tub. Tags on pillows still left on the pillows.view on 2nd floor was awful, 2nd room I was changed to smelt, construction noises in the hotel and I as a guest wasn’t fore warned

The guest service was amazing Bed was very comfortable Free hotel ride within a 3 miles radius

Great location- Not appropriate for seniors or children - Too many extra charges.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was hazardous for children and senior citizens. The breakfast buffet was too expensive for a continental breakfast with too few options. Wifi was not free like everywhere else and parking was too expensive as well. Nickel and dimming feeling.

The location was excellent! Staff was very nice! Bedroom was comfortable!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The socket did not work in the bathroom and had to call someone to fix it. Tea and coffee was not replenished daily so had to call and ask for more tea and coffee. Not enough lighting in room so poor could not even do makeup. Was hard to do makeup in bathroom too. Ate breakfast at the hotel and it took ages to arrive and portion was small.

Interior decor was lavish Reception staff were helpful and always polite Location was great easy to get to Beverly Hills shopping centre Staff were really helpful in booking a meal at a restaurant and providing guidance on how to get to places.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were not enough outlets throughout the room. The alarm clock was on the side of the bed unplugged. When I followed the cord there was no place to even plug it so it pretty much was the for decorations.

The room was a good size. The staff were helpful and nice. The valet service was fast. Overall it’s a it’s a nice place.

Luxe without the pricetag.
    • Superior King Room

Our room was down two long corridors - look for a room not too far from the lifts. Note that the shower control is under the showerhead so you start each shower with a cold burst of water - yikes.

Lovely contemporary design, a great luxury feel at a very good price. Clearly the best value in LA

Concierge Britney was amazing!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Concierge Britney was amazing! She was our personal tour guide for our entire weekend trip she stated that she had only been with them for 3 weeks but you couldn't tell she knew everything about the city and made sure to give us all the info on what was hot new and trendy in this fabulous City

Concierge was very good
    • Superior King Room

Being made to alight vehicle outside the restaurant then walking back to the hotel reception Compulsory valet parking ($50 per day)

Concierge was very good

The room we booked Online looks totally different like the...
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dusty room , dated bedroom and bed sheets.

The room we booked Online looks totally different like the pics on website . Room is dusty with two small beds that my husband is 5'11 tall can't even put his legs straight . I will not consider this is a five stars hotel maybe like 3.5 or 4 stars . A lot of the facilities seem dated . PRO: The staffs are very friendly and helped me a lot. Good location can walk to anywhere shopping centre food shops . Nice pool at the hotel and stylish .

The service was great, staff was friendly.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was incredibly (and I never thought I'd say this of a bathroom) complicated to use. Not practical at all and the cleanliness (of the bathroom) was questionable at best. No smoking aloud and yet on our second night we came back to a room pungent with cannabis, it was as if the neighboring room had been used for a whiz khalifa video clip.

The service was great, staff was friendly. Any request made to the concierge or staff was handled swiftly.

Design hotel, good location for Hollywood area
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee/tea in the rooms and breakfast was overpriced.

We really liked the design of the hotel, whether rooms, breakfast area or pool. Staff was very friendly and rooms were great.

Amazing! Cannot recommend this hotel enough, perfect service, perfect staff and perfect food!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Zackary the conceirge is amazing! The staff, the hotel, the restaurant! The entire experience was fabulous, after the horror that was the Modrian it was absolute pleasure to stay here! Thank you!

Great Hotel with great staff and ideal location for visiting Beverly Hills
    • Superior King Room

Nothing that really jumps out... Had one not-so-pleasant staff member at check-in, but that is probably nitpicking.

Comfortable rooms and pleasant staff. The staff for the most part made sure I was taken care of. The person that checked me in probably wasn't the most friendliest staff member but every other interaction I had with the staff was great. Location was good and close to everything in Beverly Hills. Rodeo drive is a little over a mile away and the Beverly Center is walking distance. Like everywhere else in LA, you need a rental car or you are going to be spending tons on Uber rides. The Pool is absolutely amazing. Great crowd and great service.

Comfy, clean, great staff. Potentially a little overpriced. I've stayed in better hotels for cheaper
    • King Suite

Would be better to have self parking as an option at least. The valet parking staff dented our rental car.

Amazing roof top pool. Very attentive staff up there and not crowded.

The hotel was ok. The business center is terrible and expensive as well as the wifi.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Terrible drains in the room and the bath bath tub/shower set up. Several Guest were complaining about charges to their accounts, placed on hold for long periods of time

The hotel restaurant customer service

Would not stay here again. When we arrived there were a group of people heading for the lift
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff weren't that friendly, ridiculous bath/shower, lighting in room could be better, liked the ambience of bar but not the music

Swimming pool, size of room, courtesy car

Disgusting suite. Bed bugs. Feces.
    • Superior King Room

Bed bugs. Disgusting property. Filthy rooms and seriously used furniture. Carpet was disgusting. Headboard had fecal matter. Run away. Horrible value.

Overall, it was great!
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing I can think of at this time.

The staff was very friendly & accommodating. I especially liked the fact that we felt treated equally even though we visited the property as a family. I enjoyed the fitness facilities, pool, coffee bar, and ease of valet parking.

The service overall was some of the most disappointing...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The service overall was some of the most disappointing I've received within a 5* hotel. My expectations were high due to staying at the Peninsula beforehand. The feel of the hotel is amateur and the ability to conduct any instructions within any sensible time frame is clearly lost here.

Not a 5 * experience, very disapointing hotel, rooms need to be cleaner.
    • Premier King Room

The hotel is very dark, and I think that is to hide the dirt. There are basic facility's you would expect in a "5* star" hotel, like a coffee machine. we called and asked if there was supposed to be a coffee machine in the room, and was told that they only brought one if the guessed asked. so we had to ask 3 times before it finally got delivered. After check out we released we had left a Bose dock speaker in the room so we called the hotel, we were told that it had not been handed in despite us being the last people in the room. we called 4 times since and have just been fobbed off (maybe I should look on eBay I might find it there.....) for the sake of disappointment try to avoid this awful hotel.

The idea of staying at the SLS

Decor is amazing.
    • Premier King Room

A little overpriced. Housekeeping always forgets to put water beside the bed in both of our rooms. No connected rooms.

Decor is amazing. Food is delicious. Very clean and comfortable.

They charge us food we didn't order.
    • Superior King Room

They charge us food we didn't order. 300 usd. We stay one month ago and is the time they haven't response my emails or requests about this incident.

They have a great facilities, but they should be more generous with their guests.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charge us for the internet!! First time I live in a hotel that doesn't have a free wifi for the guests. The overnight parking is so expensive! I would rather parking in a public spot than parking in the hotel.

It's so comfortable I feel like I'm in my home, location is great everything is near by.

The location was OK
    • Premier King Room

Value was terrible room service took forever. Be ready to pay for all the amenities including removing the alcohol out of your room.

The location was OK

Amazing!
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like. I kettle in room and gir price breakfast should be included and wifi at £380 a night.

Everyone was so helpful and Omar helped us in every way possible. Definitely 5 star service.

SLS Hotel, is the place to stay in Beverley Hills
    • Superior King Room

5 stars hotel , guests should not be charged for WIFI, although I was not charged because the staff were very pleasant. many thanks

all is good, nothing in particular but over all , great place.

Great hotel with friendly service
    • Superior King Room

Aircon was noisy but this was a minor issue

Great décor, very comfortable bed, nice amenities and stunning roof top pool, complimentary car and driver to take you up to 3 miles which covered most of where we wanted to go

Hotel well located but room a bit noisy
    • Superior King Room

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because the buffet didn't look to good. My room (close to the pool area) was noisy.

The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The hotel is well located.

Swanky and happening hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was difficult to see in the room, they need more light in the bathroom for makeup application.

The pool area was great and staff was very friendly! Loved the gym!

Swimming pool is very small and drinks very expensive.
    • Superior King Room

Swimming pool is very small and drinks very expensive. Shower room should have kit (toothbrush shower cap etc) which is usually provided in luxury hotels

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Very comfortable and charming, but not quite worth the hefty room rate.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool, while lovely to look at, was much too small to actually swim in. Three strokes and you could have covered the length of the pool. The photo on the Web site were somewhat misleading. I was disappointed not to get to swim laps.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was very well appointed. I loved the bathroom's style. The physical fitness facilities were well above average.

Fantastic hotel but fell short of my expectations
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was at 3PM, we arrived at 4:45 and we waited for our room until 7:30 (after an hour drive to get there). The staff was very accommodating while we waited but I never received an explanation. Luckily my friends are low maintenance and were happy to wait as staff took good care of us in the meantime. At the end of the day though, we missed our dinner reservations and had to cancel one of our later events. We were super lucky our restaurant was able to accommodate us with a later reservation. Otherwise, it would have been a total loss. When we did get to our room, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as luxurious as the pictures suggested. It was comfortable and pretty (neat bathroom) but was quite small and didn't blow me away. Had it, I don't think the wait would have bothered me as much. In fact, I was pretty surprised we didn't receive an upgrade after a 3 hour wait, (4.5 hours after check in??). I know they could have done better. I don't usually write reviews, especially negative ones, but with a $475 (incl taxes) at a luxury hotel, this situation needs to be brought to light. No matter how great Niko was, and how nice it was to comp us drinks and apps as we waited, we would have much rather been in our room and kept our plans. The situation was unacceptable as was the absent involvement of upper management. I still think it's a cool hotel so I'm not suggesting you skip it. But I felt that the hotel missed the mark on this one and it needs to be held responsible. Things happen but hopefully they'll handle something like this more formally in the future.

The staff was fantastic. The room wasn't ready for quite a few hours so they treated us to drinks and appetizers while we waited. Niko was especially helpful. In addition, my friend lost something very expensive in her napkin during appetizers and they searched EVERYWHERE to find it for her! The pool was very pretty with a great contemporary art touch. Not huge if you're looking for a big pool party but super relaxing. Great pool staff good DJs.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The staff was exceedingly friendly, some of the best service...
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wasn't a huge fan of the shower...a little awkward (and potentially dangerous) getting in and out.

The staff was exceedingly friendly, some of the best service I've ever had at a hotel.

Fantastic hotel with the best service and amenities!
    • Superior King Room

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. The service was really spectacular. Everybody made us feel like they really cared about our happiness. The food was delicious, the pool area was lovely and they played cool music. The decor was really sophisticated and sexy. We will definitely be back, hopefully soon!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Never to return
    • Premier King Room

Everyone else was horrible the girl who works at the front desk needs and attitude adjustment she is absolutely horrible, snotty and rude and has no customer service skills she needs to be replaced with someone who likes their job because she makes the entire establishment seem less than. Will definitely never return.

The pool was nice the staff that park the cars are awesome the bell boys were great and the door guys were great

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Would not stay again
    • King Suite

Turn down housekeeper was very rude. Shower was moldy and gross and had poor water pressure. Parts of room where broken. Signature smell on the towels was off putting and gave us headaches. Location was more like where a 3 star hotel would be. Very poor value for the money.

Comfortable bed and linens.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The staff did not have the experience to run a five star...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff did not have the experience to run a five star property. I've stayed there before the marriot bought them with a different staff and it was a great experience. ThIs time it was completely different. It's really going down hill and should be a 3 star the way they are running it. I had to complain several times and it ruined my trip. Something as simple as bringing up a delivery from the front desk took over 4 hours.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Breakfast selection at the "buffet bar" should...
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast selection at the "buffet bar" should have included hot options. Eggs bacon etc Not having a free wifi option was very disappointing and the paid wifi was not even good as such I had to be refunded for use of the paid wifi.

Good
    • King Suite

The suit that i felt i payed for nothing . I was on my honeymoon and they gave me a suit with gym inside 😑 It was disappointing

The suit that i booked was not that nice

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

A perfect stay in luxury, modern ambiente
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Extra charges for wifi in rooms and for car parking.

Extra comfy beds and wardrobes and slippers. Very original, nice and modern deco. Nice roof pool with ambiente. Restaurant The Bazaar is top Spanish modern cuisine!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

my card was not work so they told me i didn't pay at the...

my card was not work so they told me i didn't pay at the first then when i left the hotel they took the money from my card while i didn't stay at the hotel.. that's very bad

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Good if you can get a good deal on booking.com etc
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charges for wifi?! When you're paying $4-500 per night, it's a bit cheeky. $46 (incl tax) for parking is also pretty hefty. Finally, we booked a double double room and the beds were quite small.

Beautiful roof top pool area. Nice design

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Incredible Hotel!!
    • Superior King Room

Monica at the front desk was amazing. She was very knowledgeable and kind. She even upgraded our roon so we could enjoy my birthday! We had an amazing experience at SLS and we will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Was up at 3 a.
    • Superior King Room

Was up at 3 a.m cus of neighbors dog barking, it took hours to stop him and couldn't sleep. When I complained they did nothing to Compensate me, instead he asked me where I got my breakfast voucher from. Funny huh?

Well designed hotel in Beverly Hills. Beware of the 'Extra charges'
    • Superior King Room

Booking.com provides really good prices that makes this hotel look like the best value for money solution but in fact if you add all the extras they charge it makes the hotel one of the most expensive solution (if you compare it to four seasons which charge much higher rates but charge you a bit less for the extras). If you use the internet you pay around 11$ a day for a very bad internet. A premium connection costs around 24$. The cheapest breakfast solution will cost another 24$. After I left the hotel I got some additional outrageous fees called 'Tres' and 'Other room charges'. I don't even know what have they charged me for and I couldn't get an answer for it but it was around additionall 200$ For an 'Unknown charges'. Except for that, the food was a bit disappointing (it was good but I expected more from chef Jose). The cleaning level didn't meet my standards but again, if you compare it to other LA hotels it would probably considered one of the best.

A well designed hotel. Very nice rooms and the staff was very kind and easygoing. In comparison to the general poor level of hotels in LA - this one is a pretty good value for money solution. Also, the fact they have a pretty big menu for the in room dining 24/7 makes things more comfortable. The rooftop with the pool is a big plus as well.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Overpriced bars and dull lighting
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lighting was too low everywhere, a permanent orange glow in reception, the restaurants, bars, the bedroom, even in the bathroom. Bar drinks overpriced, $100 for four run of the mill drinks.

Cooked breakfast was good though lunch at Tres disappointing

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

A/C was not working when I arrived and my room key did...
    • Premier King Room

A/C was not working when I arrived and my room key did not work right after I checked in, but both problems were taken care of right away so it was not a big issue. The staff were very attentive!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A centralised location with great comfort.
    • Superior King Room

Sound proofing can be better. The lobby area is pretty confusing and lighting should be brighter.

The beds were good, the rooms are well furnished. The location is good.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Found what appeared to be glass in my girlfriends jelly but...
    • Superior King Room

The way the manager brushed the incident off like nothing

Found what appeared to be glass in my girlfriends jelly but turned out to be sharp hard plastic

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great location for Hollywood/Beverly Hills
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too hot even on lowest setting. Bathroom has sliding doors that do not create much privacy. No fan or ventilation in bathroom. Snacks were expensive and we opened grapefruit candies to find a small pack of gummy worms.

Location for great restaurants (Lemonade, Fig and Olive, Ivy) was great. Pool area was beautiful and unique. Staff was super friendly. Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Amazing hotel. Beautiful property.
    • Premier King Room

Wifi was unacceptably slow - to the point of being almost unusable, both in the lobby and the hotel room. Needs to be fixed. Check-in was slow, which was especially painful late at night - it took the reservations desk 20 minutes to find our reservation after placing on Booking.com.

Amazing hotel. Beautiful. Modern. Unique.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Very expensive hotel with lack of attention to detail to the basic comfort and respect of guests.
    • King Suite

There were a number of issues- Dismissive attitude of staff. Airconditioning was faulty causing room to be freezing cold overnight, causing us to get a cold and were sick for 2 days. Following night a/c was too hot. Moved to different room, that room had a blocked shower with disgusting sludge welling up, not what you expect at a 5 star hotel. That was appalling. Last night the piercing loud fire alarms went off all day long, destroying our last day enjoyment. My wife had a jewellery piece stolen from our room. Theft report done but not follow up thus far. However they offered to pay to replace it to be fair, but has not happened yet. Valet parking expensive and inconvenient No laundry facilities No acknowledgement issued for disgusting shower issue. My wife suggested they provide a breakfast for our inconvenience which was promptly declined. It was on her birthday.

The rooms are well presented and spacious with nice linen and the best robes. Restaurant dinner was great.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The hotel was clean and the bed is comfortable
    • Superior King Room

The hotel too expensive Old hotel The staff said that there are many activities in the hotel but I didn't see anything Activities like singer is coming and pool party The breakfast unlimited to cold things like yogurt and cheese but the other has to pay by order

The hotel was clean and the bed is comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Love the hotel but the staff need to be improved
    • Premier King Room

The staff were not the way we look forward to, specially the one who was done our chick-out, she was rude,disrespectful, low key professional, and super doper mean.. She was like giving orders with no eye contact. She was like forced to work and every question I asked she replied with effffffff !!!

The bed was comfy, we received a fab letter from them spreading their wishes for us as honeymooners.. The room was clean and we love our stay.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Staff was crab
    • Superior King Room

-The staff was rude sometimes, i told that ibeas impressed when i arrive to the room , its different than the photos ( they said the photo were taken before more than 7 years !!!! ) -Valet parking cost you about 45$ each day

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The room is a good size
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

In the spa the steam room doesn't work, they charge me for a room service i didn't order, let people enter into my room without permit, i stay there for a week and they treat me bad at the end and charge me for a smoke fee that i know it wasn't true, and someone else doing check out told me they charge him 3 times the night, i' will never stay there again!

The room is a good size Comfy bed Great location

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Fantastic hotel , wish we had stayed longer
    • Superior King Room

The room had lots of mirrors but not a bright light over a full length for getting ready / make up .

Wow ! My partner and I have travelled a or over the last 15 years and this hotel is up there with one of the best we have ever been too . The staff were amazing ( especially the 2 girls seating customers at the pool ) the rooms comfortable and stylish , the restaurant fantastic . Next time we will check out the spa ! We only wish we had longer at the hotel . Well done !

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Very nice Hotel with great people and a decent steak
    • Superior King Room

Signage to identify where lifts were would be helpful. My shower appeared to have grout mould or something which was a bit off putting. Tv remote not very sensitive.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The linen was nice and the resturant was intimate and somewhat quiet. Staff even went and found a charger for my phone while I ate. Room service was good too

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Don't stay here if you want to relax or if you are after customer service. Dark, Dark Hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lady that checked us in blatantly lied to our face and claimed to have 100% occupancy, she denied us a fold out bed even though I pre-organised this. The hotel is Very Dark and felt like a Night Club rather than a hotel. We would never stay there again.

The easy access to West Hollywood was great.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

I LOVE THE SLS HOTEL BEVERLY HILLS
    • Premier King Room

I can't begin to say enough good things about the SLS Hotel. From the moment valet greeted us to check-in, our room, room service, the pool and the pool attendant, housekeeping and the entire staff EVERYTHING WAS JUST PERFECT! You made my friend's Birthday very special and it was a pleasure introducing him to your beautiful property! Thank you so much Linsay, Stacy Pfeifer, Martha and the entire staff. It was a Birthday neither of us will ever forget! Thank You!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

for rolls Royce renting people
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Oh my lord ... The parking ... Or the lack of an alternative for valet . Beds are injury prone . Too much steel in room .I understand it is a five star design hotel , but I guess it is not my cup of tea . I have stayed in way better hotel. Breakfast choice is UGH!!!!! and for a hotel with no views it is too expensive . But I suppose that is Beverly Hills.

Hmmmm.....

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Amazing Hotel and Perfect Location
    • King Suite

The food was not the best but I have found that with many of the local hotels.

I love the staff, they were very helpful and always willing to help. Also the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Fantastic property , enjoyed everything apart from the...
    • King Suite

The breakfast buffet and menu was terrible , limited choices and eggs were undercooked and potato rosti was raw in the middle . Hotel and staff was amazing , I suggest trying somewhere else for breakfast though .

Fantastic property , enjoyed everything apart from the breakfast !!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The interior in the room was amazing
    • Superior King Room

For Checking in the hotel in my booking it was return that I can do early checkin and late check out both was not ecsepted from hotel staf

The interior in the room was amazing

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Shouldn't be a 5 star hotel
    • Premier King Room

Very low value for money Lobby is depressing Room view is a wall Toilet has no shower area Small toilet Small room Boring at night

Location Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Fabulous place. Staying here is an event in itself.
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were awoken two nights running by the strong stench of cigarettes and/or weed coming from other guests' rooms (smoking is not permitted in the hotel). I think it was blowing into our room through the air conditioning system. I discussed this with the reception staff who were very apologetic, and explained the steps they take to identify and fine the guests concerned. Not the hotel's fault, but it wasn't a good experience for us.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel. The place is designed with unusual artistic flair (Philippe Stark design touches everywhere), has smart rooms, stylish restaurants, pleasant staff and great food. Staying here is an event in itself. We really enjoyed our 4 nights in August.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Terrific place to stay for first time LA visitors but think it tries to be too cool for its own good
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms way too dark - forget trying to apply make-up in the bathroom; Insufficient breakfast tables for the number of rooms - be prepared to wait.

Restaurant is good Pool are on top is excellent and very child-friendly Great location

Defo would recommend it

Breakfast could have been included in the price which would have made the whole process a lot easier. Although can't complain with the location cafes everywhere.

Bedrooms were very well organised, super clean and spacious.

Good hotel in Los Angeles
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overpriced for an average service

The location in west Hollywood close to Beverly Hills:lot of shopping malls and restaurants.spacious rooms and overall an average service

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Room service sent coffee with used/unwashed mugs.
    • Superior King Room

Room service sent coffee with used/unwashed mugs. Not acceptable for such a reputable hotel. Also, extra services I never had were added to the bill upon check-out!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Big dissappinment
    • Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was not ready upon our arrival in the evening, we had to wait for 30 mins next to check-in desk. I had to ask for more comfortable place. Thanks to fancy design of the bed with metal shelf, very-very close to the pillow at the head we hit it several times. It's SHARP! Security called us at 5AM because "we call 911". In fact we were sleeping. Walls are so thing, that you can hear how ppl talking in a next room. So can't recommend the hotel, waste of money.

You will likely see celebreties

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

A luxury hotel , but overpriced for what they have to offer.
    • Premier King Room

not enough drivers to provide efficient drop offs and pick ups . The chauffeurs were great , but the service not easily available . Friends staying at other hotels had drop offs and pick ups with great ease . Considering we paid over $700 per room we ended up paying loads for cabs . no kettle and coffee machine in room . No complimentary snacks or little goodies in the room . We asked for a pot of hot water and we were charged a $4 delivery fee. I Thought that was completely ridiculous . The breakfast was at $29 a head but only had pastries , juices and cold cuts . If we ordered something hot there was an extra charge .

Loved the decor , food at tres was very good .