Reviews of Snow Lake Lodge 4 stars

41579 Big Bear Boulevard, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315, USA

#8 of 49 hotels in Big Bear Lake

Love the staff, location and overall feel of the property!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Love the staff, location and overall feel of the property! Definitely flagging this for one of my favorite places to stay in Big Bear! Highly recommend!

The worst and most deadly hotel ever
    • Suite (4 Adults)

We had a gas leak and they didnt want to be considerate of my kids and i could have died we woke up thank god but we had the problem of being light headed and ill do to that and there corbon monoxide detector did not go off they really need to up grade cause they made me want to never again do family vacay and they dont do any breakfast endless its on Sunday and one other day another piss off

The kitchen

This is our new favorite place to stay while in Big Bear;
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Bring your allergy medicine because like most properties, our allergies started acting up once the heater was turned on. I️ found it nice that the staff told us about the jacuzzi not working during check in. We hadn’t planned on using it anyway. Be sure to park near your room and go up that specific staircase. You will not be able to go around once you get upstairs.

This is our new favorite place to stay while in Big Bear; if only there were more vacancies. Location is right on Big Bear Blvd and less than 5 minutes from Snow Summit. Staff was welcoming but office closes at 7pm - be sure to make arrangements if you need to check in later. Because we have two littles, we tend to overpack and spend a little time grocery shopping on our first day of vacation. Imagine my excitement to find we had a sealed sponge and new travel sized dish soap in our kitchen! Usually, we get used (read: old/ gross) sponges that I️ end up using to clean sinks or tubs with. Our suite was cleaner than most hotels in Big Bear and it had all we needed for our two nights stay. The kids even got to borrow some board and card games that kept them occupied the entire time. We will definitely try booking more stays this winter season.

It was very relaxing and comfortable perfect for our family and a very short drive to the Ski hills
    • Suite (4 Adults)

They had everything we needed the kitchen was fully stocked we used the BBQs !! Felt like you had your own cabin lots of space didn't hear anyone else coming and going !! Loved the two fireplaces and 2 bathrooms Staff was very friendly and helpful

Very friendly staff.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Very friendly staff. Kitchen has everything you need to bake, cook, etc. It’s like a mini apartment w/ 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room with a pull out sofa.

Nice and relax vacation.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Everything was provided. Our stay was wonderful. The only thing you needed to bring with you were your belongings and food. The lodge was furnished, we had our own stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, toaster, etc... If we needed anything they gladly provided it. (Towels, paper, etc...)

It was a very nice hotel to stay in and planning on returning and staying with them again
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Would have liked covered parking and elevator

Two fireplaces bedroom and living room two bathrooms kitchenfully equipped for weekends days or longer

Nice suite and good location!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The utensils were dirty, some of them didn't wash and the WiFi was weak, couldn't use internet.

Nice suite, mostly like had 2 bathrooms in the suite.

Great room for a good price!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Parking was a little tight and no elevator and not dog friendly.

Very comfortable, clean and roomy. Having a fireplace in the living room and bedroom was fantastic!

Love the waffle breakfast
    • Suite (4 Adults)

we were offered a room facing the road but the staff gladly moved us to a back facing room on request. the cutlery was a little sparse for 4 people. Two people woild have been a more comfortable fit

there is a pool and jacuzzi on site (although the pool closes for the season in October). On Tuesdays there is a free waffle breakfast served by friendly staff

Awesome!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The only thing that they should improve is the wifi quality because the cell phone does not work and the wifi is still terrible.

It's been five years already that I always stay in this property in Big Bear. It's very cozy and with an excellent location.

Cozy , spacious apartment , great locations, very clean, friendly stuff and great price !
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I was really surprised to see a cozy one bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, spacious bedroom and amazing living room with kitchen , I recommend this lodge for romantic couples, friends and families. Very clean and cozy , two fireplaces and just because we got the 3rd floor I think we got very high up ceilings in the living room. This was an outstanding experience , too bad its all booked up for New Years Eve already , I would love to stay here for Holidays ! Thank you.

Well priced, nice kitchen and comfortable room.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

It is not right in town, but is it close to everything. It could certainly be updated.. The pool and spa are small, but we didn't use them so we don't know how they are. Overall, it is a good basic place to stay.

This is not a high end property, but is is clean, convenient and very well priced. We would certainly stay there again. It is a timeshare property, so it has a full kitchen which was really nice to have.

Good value, but could be even better.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I was disappointed that the community pool/spa was down for 3 days of our 7 day stay. The operating instructions for some appliances were hard to find, and about as clear as mud. ALL of the appliances should have been upgraded 10yrs. ago, and the mattress in our room was barely adequate.

The room was spacious and well appointed, and the kitchen had everything needed for quick or full course meals. All the staff were helpful and considerate with the exception of the check in clerk who was anything but cordial and made one feel unwelcome.

The space in the room was amazing!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I had booked 2 rooms, one was ready when we got there earlier but the other room wasn't ready until almost 5 o clock (when check in is at 3 pm.)

The space in the room was amazing! You could section off the living area and the room as 2 completely different rooms if you wanted to.

Very comfy!!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

No elevators?? No a/c? It needs them...

I love the room, a lot of space, it very good equipped, clean and nice, close to downtown, it's perfect!

Loved it
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The bedroom was right above the gas grills and it got a little loud but the staff was wonderful when called about it and took care of the situation.

Wonderful accommodations at a great price. Super staff and fun daily activities.

It is a nice hotel to spend a vacation time in summer or winter with your family and friends.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I don't like the heat and I missed the AC.

I liked a lot the friendly staff, the room style, the extra bathroom, the good bed, extra full kitchen with everything like at your home. The pool was very clean. I liked the location closed to the lake-Marina, for summer time. I liked the events organized for each day of the week.

Wonderful little get away!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

There is no Central air conditioning. It was in the 80's while we were there, that made for hot sleeping conditions. If the daily high was in the 70's and below then the sleeping conditions would be fine.

Two bed/bath with a full kitchen, for a wonderful price. Great value and perfectly located. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. Parking was great.

Clean! Great Value!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The WiFi is bad. Me and my wife could not make calls because there is no reception. The pool is small so it can get packed, but it is open till 10 pm so you can wait till it clears and get some private time. No elevator, but the suites are awesome so it makes it up in other areas. The furniture in the lobby is modern, but the furniture in the suites need an update.

For the money, this is a great value. We had a suite/Condo with all the extras. It was real clean. No bugs. The fact that you could go outside and cook on the gas grill was awesome. It had a heated pool and a hot tub (they are in different locations). The staff is friendly and will help you if you ask. My wife loved it and she is really picky.

Very nice location near the lake
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The only issue is parking. They have very few spots for the number of rooms. We stayed on a Monday & Tuesday night so they were not at capacity and it wasn't a problem for us.

The room was exactly what we needed for our short 2 night stay. We traveled with our 2 teenage kids and the separate sleeping areas were ideal. The room had 2 full bathrooms, a kitchen with full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, plates and stemware. We didn't use all of that, but someone staying longer would appreciate it. The living room/kitchen area was clean and offered enough seating for the 4 of us. The pull out couch wasn't the most comfortable according to the kids, but when are they? The door in that room can close to the foyer area and then a separate door can be closed to the master. There is a TV in each room with their own DVD players. Each area also has a fireplace. We went in the summer during record heat so the ceiling fan in each room was appreciated. The pool was a decent size - going from 3 1/2 ft on each end to 5 ft in the middle. Ample seating was available as well. The spa was not functioning. They offered a waffle breakfast on Tuesday which we enjoyed. The Staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were there during a power outage do to a fire in the area and were checked on by staff who let us know where the flashlights were. Luckily, the power came back on just as nightfall approached.

Amazing place in Big Bear
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The floors were stained and we couldn't find the remote for the tv in the room but when we were getting ready to leave and inspected everything we found the remotes under the bed. It was funny. The internet is not great. Couldn't use it in the bedroom so working on emails wasn't happening.

It was so wonderful. The beds were super comfy and everything I needed was in the kitchen . They even had filled ice trays in the room. BBQ area was a wonderful surprise too. Staff was great and it was very quiet and clean.

wonderful.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

nothing other than a lot of construction down the highway which will help for future visitors, this was only temporary. they had problems with all the snow and they were taking down the power lines when we stayed which made it difficult to walk into town. all powerlines will be underground and construction was needed but I am sure that it is all taken care of now.

the staff was wonderful. they let us check in early. room was beautiful, clean and spacious. we could have lived there room was filled with all kitchen utensils, bbq, dishwasher. wonderful spot for a perfect getaway.

Big space room than I expected. Excellent!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

No elevator, I have to carried all luggage all the way to third floor. Couch was a little dirty with some stains. The time I was there, there was no office service 24 hours. I struggled looking for the room. Needs to post maps on the walls for easy rooms locations

Close to the village, quiet area, room was way bigger than I expected it. 2 bathroom, kitchenette, 2 fire place, 1 spacious bedroom, table enough for 6 people.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Wonderful place for a few days get away
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The only thing was there was out dated information about live music at a restaurant, but as we walked down the street we found some.

Very nice rooms, staff very friendly, the room was very clean and nicely decorated. Close to the night life and shopping.

A wonderful choice @ Big Bear

I would have liked a little earlier access....say 3:00 pm instead of 4:30

extraordinary accommodations......2 large bathrooms....2 fireplaces, nice kitchen....and a fine location

Beautiful Big Bear weekend!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

It's an older facility (but well-maintained grounds and friendly staff).

Spacious suites! The bedroom, living room, kitchen, and 2 bathrooms gave us 4 plenty of space to enjoy our vacation in! Nice hot tub and pool! Beautiful woods next to property! Excellent rate for Big Bear!

A decent and comfy place to stay at..... for me it's a home away from home.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Not much to ask for except maybe for the edges and corners which have not been vacuumed well, can still see the dust but for me, this is very minor as the major things I will be using like bed, sink, and tables were clean. Checking the supplies you find in the room was also quite unusual and takes a bit of a time. In my case I found some missing items vs the list of items which I immediately reported to the office as they might charge it on my account. Overalll I would definitely book this property again as long as the price is right,

Our superb accommodation started at check-in. Check-in time was at 4:30 but we were in the area at around 1:30. I called them to ask if we can have an early check in and they happily agreed. Because of this we were able to rest a bit and with the sun still up was able to drive around Big Bear Village and by the Lake. The unit was nice; bedroom, living room and bathrooms are all spacious. Kitchen supplies were complete with nice Correlle dining set. I would like to mention specifically the very nice staff who was so accommodating, her name was Veronica. The pool table was a nice a addition to our day while waiting to hit the bed, not to mention the hot tea and coffee in the recreation room. My daughter even enjoyed the monopoly game she borrowed.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The size of the unit and great kitchen.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Not really clean. Found old grapes under living room chair and carpets seemed dirty and furniture needs updated.

The size of the unit and great kitchen.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

NO HEAT! 59 Degrees and Freezing
    • Suite (4 Adults)

There was no heat in our room 59 degrees and freezing woke up with a stiff next and the sniffles before a day of expensive skiing. Tried the fire place but smelled too badly of gas

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Everything is Perfect!!!!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Just some gas smell from Fire place but it's not that bad

Everything there is Completely perfect!!! Nice staffs , Nice rooms with full kitchen and 2 full bath room! Highly recommend!!! Must come back!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Very spacious.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Continental breakfast that was offered was not continental breakfast... It was donuts cut in 4 pieces and chopped up fruit very small pieces...

Very spacious...

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Breathtaking !!!!

We liked everything ..

We loved the room ... cleanliness of the room ... two fire places.. two bedrooms ... convientence to summit ... affordable prices ... and Veronica in the office was very friendly and helpful ....

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

great place overall..
    • Suite (4 Adults)

the gas fireplace smelled very strong it even sounded like there was a leak because it was so loud.

i liked the size of the rooms & it was equipped with everything

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Going back next chance we get!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Heat and showers were a bit harder to adjust bc the finishes/ heating system and bathrooms were a bit dated. But loved the overall look and feeling.

Free DVD & board/ card game Rentals. Very clean. Spa tub is outdoors but nice and warm. Suites are large and equipped with full kitchen and supplies. I would definitely book again!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Will not return
    • Suite (4 Adults)

TV & refrigerator didn't work. The fire alert was beeping since 4:30am & woke us up & they didn't come to our room until half an hour before we checked out. They just said the build is old & having interacted with 2 different employees there, they were not very apologetic about getting back to us or our situation.

Poor customer service, no one to help us after 7pm, office closed. We left 3 messages from 7:30pm and did not get a call back until 10:30am next morning & our check out time was 11am.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

our stay is good
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I have a blind son and my leg is sick, but my room is still at the 3rd floor. Actually I have given a note for 'disability".

The suite's design is convenient for the whole family. And, kitchen facilities are almost complete as well.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Big Bear trip
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Besides the challenge in changing the video source on the TV. Good experience for the family.

Suite have good amenities with a kitchen and 2 bathrooms with free games and movies to rent when staying inside during the rain. Conveniently located to the village, sites of interest and stores.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great family friendly and full featured lodge!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

If this place had better wifi, even if I had to pay for it, it would be a near perfect.

Snow Lake Lodge is half lodge, half extended stay hotel, and I mean that in the best way! There was pretty much every home convenience you could expect while also having that homely lodge atmosphere. The kitchen was particularly well stocked, usually you'll see a coffee pot and microwave in a kitchenette, but theirs included even small appliances like a blender and toaster. While nothing here is new, everything is pretty well taken care of and clean. The Snow Lake Lodge is an excellent choice for the price with many great features and good location.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great location. Comfy large 1 bedroom.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Only stairs no elevators.

First they let us check in early. Our second time staying. Room is large. There is a private bathroom for room.there is another door for living room and another full bathroom..huge plus. Nice little kitchen. N thank you for the cotton balls and qtips in bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great location, great getaway!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

I planned a surprise birthday trip with my husband. When we arrived the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very cozy. I loved the fact that their were two fireplaces, one in living room area, and the other in the bedroom. Flat screen TV in the living room was very nice. Also, I was very happy not only to have one bathtub, but two! We will definitely stay here again!!

Location and price

Very clean

Location and price

Winter trip

The hours for the pool

The location of the property

Staffs are friendly and helpful.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The facility is old, cleanliness of the kitchen is not the best. Heater made noises all night long.

Staffs are friendly and helpful.

I like a location

Hotel Wi-Fi horrible

I like a location

It was very relaxing and comfortable.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

It’s really important that the place be clean. And it was. Plus it was fully stocked with kitchen utensils.

The fireplaces were amazing and the kitchen was huge.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The fireplaces were amazing and the kitchen was huge.

We all really enjoyed this experience
    • Suite (4 Adults)

We love Big Bear and found our new favorite place to stay

Really nice
    • Suite (4 Adults)

It was very clean and very nice

Comfortable

Comfortable

Great service and room was better than expected.

No elevator.

Great service and room was better than expected.

Excellent place to stay

Everything. Great facility, kind staff

The internet was poor.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The internet was poor. It needs to be stronger.

Beautiful bedroom.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Beautiful bedroom. Kitchen area has everything you could want. Fireplace is easy to turn o and perfect for a romantic evening

Loved it and would definetly reccomend

Fl!tter pillows

Very nice accomodations for the price. Everything we needed

Nice 2 room condo with 2 nice gas fireplaces, 2 bathrooms,...

Non heated pool

Nice 2 room condo with 2 nice gas fireplaces, 2 bathrooms, kitchen.

Perfect
    • Suite (4 Adults)

WiFi connection is weak in the room

Comfortable bed, spacious room, games and pool table for...
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Comfortable bed, spacious room, games and pool table for family fun.

Great place to stay and close to everything
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Bigger than expected and although we didn't use the kitchen it was nice to know it was fully equipped.

Room size

Phone/wifi service

Room size

The suite was more than expected.

I did not like the 4:30pm check in time,

The suite was more than expected. It was very roomy.

Very comfortable

No elevator

Loved the full kitchen and 2 bathrooms

Best money i hv ever spent on a CLEAN BIG ROOM for great price !!!

Nothing !!!!!

Very clean and close to bike park and mega food places to eat!! The room was PIMP,my wife was very impressed on my choice😁

Nice and clean rooms.

No a.c.

Nice and clean rooms. Wonderful staff.

Home away from home

Hot tub out of order

The comfort of bed the space all the dishes equipped full size feidhe

wish there was air conditioning in the rooms

wish there was air conditioning in the rooms

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Nice place!

Playground for kids

Pretty good lodge

All is pretty nice

Overpriced room and unwelcoming staff.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

The staff was somewhat racist. The room is outdated and dingy. No elevator and we were on the third floor.

Size of the room.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Size of the room. the 2 fire places and the 2 bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very comfortable, lay out was great!
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Very comfortable, lay out was great!

location and friendly staff

location and friendly staff

Cozy suite for a cozy stay.

The room heater clicked.

Fire places made us feel right at home. Heaters in the bathroom were perfect for the cold weather.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Over all, great place for the money and super clean.
    • Suite (4 Adults)

Being on the boulevard was a bit noisy.

Loved how clean everything was! Spacious and comfortable. Loved the kitchen and 2 bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017