Reviews of SoBe You! Hotel 3 stars

1018 Jefferson Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#142 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Believe the rating.....Not good
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I'm a travel agent and I looked at this score before booking it but thought maybe some people standards are just higher than others well we was there three days they only clean the room once, staff couldn't speak English and for it to be a bed and breakfast you get the same cold breakfast everyday. The description given is not fully true. Cost looks good but you may want to go somewhere with a better rating. The owner was so nonchalant when telling her about my experience at her establishment.

The furniture was different in a good way.

I enjoyed it. The bed is very comfortable. So is the size of the suite.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

What a pretty one bedroom suite at such a reasonable price. I was amused/amazed. Mirrored walls, nice lighting, fridge in the living room area, beautiful decor with attention to detail. A table with an ash tray like in a small terrace area right outside the suite for those of us that at some point might want to have a smoke. Free breakfast. Just lovely.

My stay was awesome
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was amazing! Ricardo was as hospitable as someone can be and made my stay most enjoyable! Carla was amazing also, the whole staff made my stay pleasant. The property is in a great location with just a short walk to south beach.

again with the facility and staff one word to sum it up, outstanding

the parking is a big issue. The staff offered me to pay $20 to park in the street with only what is available parking. I was forced to park two blocks away in a parking garage.

everything about the facility from the moment I arrived was phenomenal

Definitely recommended.We were welcomed by Rico who was very helpful.Very much appreciated.Gracias

We really liked everything. It is a lovely place hidden in the small street right beside the Flamingo park, so in the quiet area and still just a few. minutes walk from the busy streets with local bars and restaurants.

Very good experience

No parking

I did not spend enough time nor I took advantage of breakfast, however, the place is charming, clean and very well located. The staff was helpful and my overall experience has been very good.

Terrible establishment, I will never stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel faluse advertised. Does not have close parking, so my friend and I (who are both girls) had to walk 5 blocks back to the hotel room to the nearest public parking lot. Called the late number provided by the hotel for check in, and on call receptionist hung up on me and didnt talk my calls, on how to check in. Lucky other hotel guests were outside to help us. Breakfast provide were frozen waffles, pop tarts and cereal. No cell phone service nor does the wifi work. Our room had ants in it as well. The manager Carla was very rude when it came to our concerns and our safety. She gave me a card to email her boss, and I recieved no response back from the email I sent.

The location, near south beach.

We love the place
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Our last time there the staff lied about availability and our credit card Not sure their motivation after.over forty stays.

Always a fabulous little place in south beach

The breakfast was nice and I really enjoyed the pool, it was...

We had horrible smell of bleach from the A/C so we couldn't use it at all. We were lucky that it wasn't that hot the time we stayed at the hotel, otherwise it would be a disaster. We talked about it with the manager and she said that the problem would be fixed, so hopefully nobody after us won't suffer...

The breakfast was nice and I really enjoyed the pool, it was very cozy!

Not be back.

Having to pay 30dollars to park down the end of the street and walk back with luggage. The tiny swimming pool and the outside of the hotel was very dirty aswell as at the fences beside the pool. There was someone urinating at the edge of the pool side. Breakfast is served far too late in the morning so never made it for that as had an early start to our day.

Nice and comfortable stay at a reasonable Price!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was shared, it would be nice if there was a private bathroom.

The room was beautiful and spacious. It had everything for a comfort stay. The swimming pool was more like a private pool which was good for us.Not many people around. Ricardo was very accommodating and friendly. He allowed us do late checkout which gave us more time to see places near South Beach. The hotel is at the prime location ,walkable to the Ocean drive. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a nice stay in a reasonable price.

My stay at SobeYou was excellent hope to come back soon!

There was no variety for breakfast. There should be more things offered.

I loved the location and the cleaness of the room. Everything was perfect! Ricardo was very nice and very helpful. 🙂🙂

We had a great relaxing stay, staff was friendly and helpful.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Parking is not great. Only 2 tandem driveway spots at hotel. Otherwise you have to use public parking across from Whole Foods (about 5 blocks away) which costs $30 a day (not $15-20 as said on listing). Not that far away, but not very convenient for family. Parking is a problem in general in SB, so one can live with this, and most things you'll want to walk to anyway.

Nice location, quieter than other SB locations, but still easy to walk to restaurants, beach, parks, etc. Staff was friendly, responsive, and helpful.

Great location, not so great hotel

Breakfast: all the bagles and waffles served seemed old. Water dispenser didn't work. Hot water wasn't available because that part of the coffee machine was broken. Checkin: When I arrived at 7:45, there was nobody at the reception. Called the contact number, nobody picked up. One of the guests told me that the keys were in the mailbox. Nobody came to check my ID during my stay. Walls: paper thin. The couple next door decided to have sex at 3 in the morning, and you could hear EVERYTHING. Shower: Filthy. There was a bundle of hair stuck in the soap holder. Housekeeping: They do not change the towel nor sheets unless you specifically ask them. Seeing that the shower was not cleaned well, I wonder if the sheets were changed for each guest.

Good location, great mattress

Overall it was a pleasant stay! I will be returning again!

The showers were not accommodating. It was soo small..

The Property was very well kept! Management was awesome but I absolutely loved the staff member Ricardo. He was so helpful as to where the hot spots were and where everything was!

the room was great,very big white bed, large screen Led Tv,...

the room was great,very big white bed, large screen Led Tv, nice furniture, good internet connection, a nice small swimming pool in a spanish style patio. great decoration, very bright and colorful! breakfast is included and during all day long you can prepare tea and coffee for free as well as get big fresh apples. and the manager is very helpful.

I loved that it is walking distance to everything it is a...

The breakfast could have been a bit better

I loved that it is walking distance to everything it is a very small hotel but it it very clean and comfy I brought my 1 year old daughter with me and I love that it’s close enough to everything but far enough from The busyness at night

fantastic
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Thank you so much Rico for the wonderful stay. You were really nice and relaxed, totally different than we used to. The pool was excellent to hang out before we had to have the flight back home.

Pleasant pool area, nice spacious room, good breakfast
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Reception only 10 - 5 = inconvenient for people who stay all day on the beach, they dont clean rooms every day unless you ask for that, even after request, they did not clean, unfriendly staff (2 of 3 did not speak any ENG)

Pleasant pool area, nice spacious room, good breakfast

Quaint place, great location if u don't mind walking, rooms getting tired but stay again at good $

Maybe... room not THAT clean. AIR conditioner seemed to never turn off, so kinda noisy.

Kinda charming but maybe getting a little tired - chipped and cracked tiles with stains etc.

Good stay but not good value for the money.

I felt like staying in a private dorm at a hostel. Reception only works from noon to 5pm and you have to walk with keys for the gate anytime you leave the hotel. Parking in the area is not easy.

Comfortable bed. Nice swimming pool. Very clean bathroom with good amenities.

Quaint little court yard with a small pool and plenty of...

No onsite parking. Nearest parking garage was 4 blocks away. No hot food on the breakfast bar.

Quaint little court yard with a small pool and plenty of lounge chairs to kick back in. Room is somewhat on the smaller side but adequate for us.

Convenient

Coffee was awful. Limited street parking is free from 7am to 6pm. Then need to go into carpark 5mins away for $30 a day. Tow trucks are hawks. The refreshments in the room is not free its price is very inflated. $4 for a small bottle of water where as you buy it in the nearby shop for $1.50. $3 dollar a small tub of icecream. We are not sure how long they be sitting there for. The receptionist was not very friendly.

Small pool area was good, it was quiet.

Nice get-away

When you complete the checkout, they only store your bags for 2hrs.

The location was great. The pool was small but nice to chill at night before going to bed.

Overpriced

Staff was not present at front desk for 90% of stay. We checked ourselves in but had questions that could not be answered until we saw a staff member for the first time at checkout the next day. Room was very noisy- could hear neighbors very clearly through the walls. Also way overpriced- we paid $300 per night but it felt more like a hostel worth $75 per night.

Nice pool area, historic building

Quaint - Very Clean - Would deft stay here again..

We couldn't stay longer...

My girlfriend and I spent time here during Spring Break, we are college students but they treated us great !!! Very nice - very clean - not a big commercial hotel Manager's we supper nice

Not a good choice unless you have a very limit budget.
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

All pillow cover was dirty with blood spots.No chair in the room so we had to put our bags on the floor and the floor was dirty. Front desk does not work after 5pm.Both window and door were leaking cold air into the room.

A bed-and-breakfast feel
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

What's places that I've State usually dogs are in for free the other had one time charge of $25

Very well kept very nice and clean from the stuff very helpful overall it was a great experience the pool is in the center of the compound which you can see from every room breakfast was good variety of things who is different everyday overall the place is really good

Very good!

Parking is very far

Very good! I Like it Karla provided an excellent service the hotel is very charming and the location is great. The only thing we did not like the parking lot is very far

Last minute booking, easy, pretty and decently priced.

It was under renovation, so a little busy. Telephone didn’t answer so no one to talk to about early checkout. Otherwise fine.

Location, easy access, key was waiting, directions were clear. Pretty place. No front desk, no human interaction, but a note that explained everything. Fine by me, I’m a hands off traveler. Plus we booked at the last second. Place was under renovation, thus no pool, but a short walk to the ocean so....

We were very pleased with the location and accommodations

The pool is under construction, which wasn't made clear to us when we booked.

We traveled for our anniversary and were upgraded to a great suite with bedroom, bathroom and living area. The location is perfect too if you want to be near South Beach but tucked away from the noise.

I'll be back
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately the property was under renovation and loud and no pool etc.

It is one of my favourite places to stay. Small, intimate and boutique with great amenities

Breakfest was good.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No I really dont want hot water from microwave... Maids werent nice. Sometimes it looked like they really hate their guests. Unfortunately u can hear everything in house, every step of your neighbour.

Breakfest was good. Place very good, 10 minutes by walk to beach.

Pool/garden-area was a construction site at the time of...

Pool/garden-area was a construction site at the time of our stay. Would have appreciated to know this in advance. Butter and cheese for breakfast was not fresh.

Walk back into the Art Deco age
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast area a little tight but that will be fixed when they are done rebuilding the pool deck

Had low expectations but the hotel was terrific the room we had was decorated total Art Deco incredible! It is only 6 block walk to Lincoln road mall. And not far to beach. But quiet Niegborhood so perfect location!!

Efficient, clean, close to beach, great staff
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I was a little annoyed with the fact that there were hair strands on the wall, likely from a previous person doing their hair in the bathroom. It was tolerable though, again for the bargain.

I think this was definitely a bargain ! The manager upgraded us to a private room with bathroom which was amazing. The place was clean and everything worked-no complaints there. It does have some older/outdated decorum but still clean. It was a 5-7 minute walk to the beach which was great. The property was quiet. I didn't have the free breakfast, but my friend did and it was reasonable: eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, basic meats. I would stay here again if needed and I would recommend especially if you're looking to be in South Beach on a budget!

Location was decent, although still a 15 min walk from the...

Not clean: there was hair on the sheet which we had to get changed upon check in Host was unavailable after 5 pm or until 10 am. The place was not well kept: dirty floor, old furniture Extremely small room where barely 1 suitcase could be opened

Location was decent, although still a 15 min walk from the beach

Sweet.:-)

no parking.

Great location, great price for the location, easy registration and check out. awesome breakfast, great pool decoration. Romantic. We loved it and are planning to repeat the visit.

I would recommend this property.

I don't have any complaints.

The bed and breakfast feel of the property was outstanding. The breakfast was a pleasure. The room was clean and comfortable.

Great stay!

If you lock yourself out after 5pm, then you are in trouble. It didn’t happen to me but to someone. They had great trouble as there is was no one at the reception or anyone at the other end of the phone. So make sure to have the keys with you all the time.

The B&B is only 3 blocks up to the main road where you can get a bus to go in to downtown and about 6 blocks down for south beach and buses or Trolley to mid beach or the North beach or malls.

We enjoyed our stay in this quaint little B & B.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Parking was 3 blocks away and cost $20 for overnight parking.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Located in the art-deco district, so there was a lot of interesting architecture nearby.

Never ever

I had to walk 4 blocks to car garage to park my car for $ 21.00. Absolutely no parking is available. Receptionist left at 5:30 pm and we had no chance to get fresh towels, they left only 2 towels in room.

Beautiful outside

Absolute lack of service
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The mattress was way to soft and terribly uncomfortable. The t.v. didn't work and the staff could not fix it. The shared bathroom was covered in a white dusty powder for 3 days. After all that they offered not price reduction. Instead they charged us money after our stay for no reason and did not even response to our email asking for clarification of the charge.

The Pool

Great location, unique rooms, staff & cleanliness!

Very lovely stand up/walk in shower but there was no shower curtain , water gets outside onto the floor quite a bit. No problem though ! just put a towel down. Would be nice if had a curtain though for that reason!

The location is amazing & it's more of a small boutique hotel which is great is like more privacy etc ! Loved it there so much I booked another night ! Definitely recommend this hotel , I will be back:)

Do not stay here!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Opposite a fire station so sirens going all night long. No hot water the whole 3 days we were there & the owner not really bothered. No staff on duty after 6pm no one to contact in an emergency. One night there were people partying in the pool all night so no sleep.

Low cost is not always good value. Baffled how this gets such good reviews...

Unacceptably dirty sheets, towels, floors and walls in the room. As others have said, room door lock was faulty. Safe did not work, reported to management who offered to 'try and get it fixed', it was not fixed during our stay. Parking offered is actually a public multi-storey 3 blocks away, so don't book this on the basis it has parking. Walls are thin. Pool area doesn't get any sun. Unadvertised 'Resort fee' charged for stuff we didn't get (e.g. safe, beach towels, beach umbrellas) and stuff that's just standard fare for a hotel room (e.g. TV, fridge, safe, linen!?) The price of the same type of room for the same dates reduced by $20 per night immediately after I booked (booking.com refunded the difference after a formal complaint). Breakfast was a low effort affair, frozen/defrosted breads and cold cuts rather than fresh, and the coffee sucked. No one around to check us out at 9am on a Sunday, told by cleaner we needed to wait until 10 when the manager arrived!

Low cost. Proximity to Ocean Drive.

Great place to stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom with 1 other room but this wasn't a major issue and bathroom was always clean and tidy

Friendly staff, great location. 5 minute walk from South beach.

It was comfortable and convienient.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a big deal but he spring loaded doors close on their own so watch out.

Comfy bed, nice TV, just needed a place to crash for one night and could not beat the price.

Comfortable. Accessible. Very nice ambience.

Parking is not free. The hotel provides parking at 20$ per day. If you leave your key accidentally in the room after office hours, there is no way you are entering your room... :-))

The hotel has a very nice ambience. The pool is open all through the night - that was the best! Is not very far from the beach and clubs. I enjoyed my stay in SoBe You! :-)

Don't stay here if Karla is there she will turn your trip into a nightmare.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Karla is a thief we gave her our money and we never recieved any change from her for the entire stay. We made a reservation to stay one more night and she lied and told us there were no more rooms available and we had to leave, despite me having the confirmation number and money. She was extremely rude and judgemental and I will never stay there again. Karla needs to be fired. I was also charged two dollars for breakfast that was supposed to be free. What is that?? I absolutely hate Karla.

Super comfy bed in the kingsroom.

Go early for breakfast, because meat and cheese will get warm and sweaty.

Super comfy bed in the kingsroom. The tropical garden with swimmingpool, just in front of the room is amazing. Really a good place to spend your Miami trip.

Room next door had tv on loud until 6am and paper thin walls...

Room next door had tv on loud until 6am and paper thin walls meant no sleep. Couldnt complain as no one at front desk at night or for checkout in the morning. Had to hand key over to cleaner. Basically a 2 star hostel with 3 star facilities. Would definitely not be returning

I am very disapointed and i dont recommand this place for any peoples.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The size of the room, the shared bathroom (Is the first hotel i know withoutprivate bathroom) No parking at my check in and the day after parking possible but not free. No TV on arrival,no ice machine, and very noisily the night because without phonic isolation between the rooms.

May be proximity of principal activities in Miami Beach

The stay here was nice, clean, and had that old florida feel.

The stay here was nice, clean, and had that old florida feel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would off liked to see them invest in a small ice machine, as for ice was scarce, however all in all it was a great stay.

I would suggest using the sheets of bed cover to be one...

I would suggest using the sheets of bed cover to be one piece because that is more hygienic (the cover used by everyone does not come out while moving). I found it very disturbing actually.

Very bad experience.

Very bad experience. The room was really dirty. The sheets were stained, there was still someone's food in our fridge. The bathroom is really horrible as the shower was also dirty. It was so bad that we checked out the next morning. I am thankful that the manager was willing to give us a refund. Hopefully they can pull things together after our feedback session with the manager.

Worth the price.

The staff that greeted me was not the most polite person. When i did not talk she would not ask me any questions and barely bothered to explain things in detail. The few times i asked questions the answers were short, brief and seemed bothered by me. The gentleman that did check me out was really friendly and total opposite.

I liked the fact that the hotel is small and has privacy. The other guests were mature and quiet. You could also enjoy the pool at night.

Great value for money!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff were sometimes not at reception so we had to wait to check in and check out

Comfy room, huge tv, great location, easy to walk to south beach, decent pool area

Great little quaint spot in a great location!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Refrigerator area wasn't clean. Would've preferred a few more towels.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. He even carried my bags into the lobby area. The layout of the room was nice. The location is only minutes away from the infamous Ocean Drive and the beach! I would definitely come back!

Very bad for travel. Not close to even being mediocre

Miguel!!! Very very gracious host... the young lady at the front desk. Very rude, unprofessional and disrespectful. Customers would come in late hours and they had no idea how to get in. Management did not value a customer. I showed 3 people how to get access to keys that were wide open to the public. But Miguel and the maid service young ladies were great. Every other office personnel should be terminated. We had 2 fire alarms go off while staying for 4 days. All in the we hours of the night. Also no parking spaces were available

Although it was a little hole in the wall, it was ok.

I didn't like the fact that whenever we tried to go in the room, we had to force the door open. That was such a mission. The pool was a tiny little thing and it was covered completely by trees. The bathroom was so tiny, I had to take turns showering. I would update all the furniture if I can because it's a little outdated.

Although it was a little hole in the wall, it was ok. The oom was clean and that's a big plus for me. I definitely liked the fact that it was private.

I will not recommend this property to anyone

Staf hostile unprofessional unreliable

The staff was hostile You couldn't find them in the lobby but they had the gut to woke us up in the middle of the night to ask some questions. No one was at the reception at our way out and the food was dry and stale.

Cozy, convenient, safe-Rare find!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Super cozy and convenient spot. It felt like I was at home despite the fact that I was 11 hours away. I'm a full-time college student on a strict budget, yet I was able to easily afford this location. I enjoyed the South Beach lifestyle without having to pay an arm and a leg. Parking per night was absolutely worth it; you're not confined to one spot, instead, you get an entire "zone" of spots to park at. The location was walking distance to pretty much everything. Miguel and Ricardo were extremely courteous and accommodating. My cousin and I traveled a long way to get here and it was most definitely worth it. The area was safe and I can't emphasize how cozy it was. Very thankful for SoBe You! Will definitely return!

Awesome value for money for location and room
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Forgot to mention my room door was really hard to open, took a good 5 minutes every time. Lacking healthy breakfast options.

Bed was amazing. Nice and quiet. Good aircon. Really nice little room. Checkin was easy and service was great. Good location, 10 min walk to Ocean Drive.

Love! Love! Love this place!

The breakfast was good with a little variety. I would of liked to of seen a egg product with the yummy meats and cheeses. A mini quiche maybe. I wouldn't consider it a "dislike" though.

I LOVED everything about this place and just cannot say enough good things about it! (especially for the price) The staff, the environment, room and location were all just lovely with a great "vibe"! I felt a sense of comfort, relaxing peace and privacy without feeling totally isolated. I loved the artwork in my room. (from local artist I believe) The bed couldn't of been more fresh and comfy. Definitely a non generic environment. I could go on and on about all the little unique pleasantries...wouldn't want to spoil it for you, you just HAVE to see for yourself! I can't wait to return again!

Keys don't open doors. No staff. Unsafe.
    • Deluxe Family Room

Keys don't open the doors until trying 100 times. There were guests waiting outside at 3 am to see if someone came in to open the gate. Then, my key didn't open it either! Couldn't call staff at any of the numbers listed. They leave you there. If there's a fire everyone is burning alive cause you can not open the doors with the keys.

The room had a lot of beds.

The staff was excellent, room was super comfortable. Walking distance of the beach, ocean drive, and all good things. Felt super homely and will definitely be staying here again!

No AC
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms upstairs are old , the AC didn't work at all , and it was 93F outside . We asked management twice to come and take a look and we were ignored completely . I think they new rooms has no ac upstairs and just trying to ignore the problem . That was very disappointing . If they are trying to place you upstairs on top of lobby , refuse - you ll have miserable sweaty night .

We liked the hotel , it's very clean , the lobby is beautiful , breakfast included. Location is very safe and quite , which is very important for south beach .

Everything was great, i really recommend this place.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Wi-fi connection could be better.

Everything was great, i really recommend this place. Room was very clean and nice, pool and surroundings were great too!

Nice clean place to stay close to everything one south beach
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was hot in the room when I told the staff they said they was going to fix it. The next day they said it was fixed but went in from a long hot day and the outside was cooler than my room I was very disappointed

Nice clean place to stay close to everything one south beach

Review
    • Deluxe Family Room

1.Doors are very old and it's very easy to open it without using a lock so security is an issue but I didn't see anything suspicious in the neighbourhood. It's quiet and seems safe so it shouldn't be a problem 2. Breakfast is not good and sufficient enough. 3. Spanish is the main language of the staff so you may encounter minor disagreements but in the end you get what you want so don't worry.

1. It was clean and extremely comfortable 2. Beds are very nice and soft 3. Staff is nice and maintanence is good. 4. They let us leave our baggage for some time which is a plus. 5. The family unit is sufficient enough for the families

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The staff was kind and friendly.

Just parking was a bit disappointing. We could park our car only in some public parking which was located so far away from the hotel - around 200m. Also the cost was surprisingly high - 20 USD per 24 hours.

The staff was kind and friendly. Room clean with all the comfort we needed. Also the inside terrace with swimming pool was nice. We were satisfied here.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Wonderful upgraded king suite!
    • Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were difficult to get in contact with. The breakfast was also horrible- there was moldy waffles on the table and they left lunch meat and cheese out for hours in the hot sun... This is a sanitary issue. Nothing was fresh except oranges.

We loved the room! I booked a queen with shared bath "room selected at check-in" but got a king suite with a private bath! What a lovely surprise! Staff were friendly and the grounds were great. Wonderful price.

Highly recommended!!

Can't think of a thing. Great value for money.

Stayed here as our planned accommodation let us down last minute. So accommodating. We actually felt better off. The breakfast is great. The pool area a welcome addition. Free bike rentals make seeing SoBe a lot less stress on the feet. We loved it.

Price/quality mismatch

I was never able to reach the hotel on the phone prior to arriving. I never met any of the staff once I was there. I thought that the hotel was very costly for the quality of rooms. As the day of my reservation approached, I noticed many websites offering rooms at this hotel at a significant discount.

Browse SoBe You! Hotel traveller photo gallery