Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn 2 stars

#8 of 8 hotels in Socorro

6.2

6.2

5.1

We were staying in the area for 1 night to visit the Bosque del Apache and to see the fly out, which meant being on location at 5:30 am for the tour. We needed a hotel nearby to save time, but didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I didn’t like the price hike of hotels, but wasn’t surprised. No reviews of cheaper hotels left me with confidence. Before arriving I asked and was granted permission to have a late check out so we could return if we desired to shower etc, but we didn’t need it. Upon arrival I was concerned that our reservation was lost. It took an uncomfortable amount of time to find it, but it worked out. The room was about what I had expected, although I hoped people were just whining. I was glad it was just a night. First thing I noticed was the wrinkled sheets. I am sure they were clean, but didn’t give a good first impression. White shower curtain may have been clean, but it looked disgusting and stained. That and the floor lamp shade with all its stains should have been tossed out. Dark shower grout happens, but it still is nasty. Lighting could have been much better but ok for a night. Minimal counter space to put things. Shower was Ok. Hairdryer didn’t work no matter what I tried. Good thing I didn’t wash my hair to see the birds that early or I would have had wet hair in the cold. Shampoo and bar soap are all that was provided, not like the photo. Minimal linens. The pics aren’t true to what we were given. I think the room with the counter outside shower area may have been more comfortable if we were ‘getting ready’ rather than just dressing and leaving in the morning. Not sure the difference between king room and king suite. Same photos.

TV was actually better than most hotels. Bed was comfortable. The fridge and MW were a nice addition although we didn’t use them. Temperature controls worked fine. Although we were leaving before breakfast, the hosts were very accommodating in letting us take food to the room the night before. We only took a few things, but they were more than helpful. We went to bed at 9 for the early start and would have slept well except some people decided to come knocking on the doors at 10:15 looking for some guy. They were very loud and persistent. Not drunk. In my groggy stupor I told them that …… wasn’t there. They came back with a ‘does that mean not there or that this isn’t his room?”.. WRONG ROOM! I could hear the pestering other doors and talking for quite awhile but wasn’t awake enough to call the office. They went away. An hour later I woke up with really bad food poisoning from the restaurant that we had walked over to. I had a lot of time to examine the bathroom … We didn’t sleep at all that night. Seeing the fly out was worth it.

• King Suite

It was a busy weekend and things in room were not all functioning , though the manager was happy to come and fix. Two lamps were unplugged TV needed to be set up for TiVo Tissue dispenser appeared empty, but the first tissue simply hadn’t been pulled out. I took the dispenser out and did that myself. Funny smell, but I never use scented products in my own home so most motels smell strange and unpleasant to me.

Hair dryer, iron, sofa in “suite”, which was really just a larger room. The manager was very accommodating, apologized that staff was still working at 7 pm because it was Festival time, busy.

Room 133 - smoke detector was hanging about 5-7 inches down on a wire. There were ants in the bathroom. The shower had very poor water pressure - hard to properly rinse your hair when showering.

beds were very comfortable. Spacious

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Furniture was very dated and the upholstery on the chairs were so dirty it was disgusting. There were stains on the bed spread and the air conditioner took a long time to cool off.

I left behind a favorite sleepshirt on our bed, and when I called to ask about it, was told it hadn't shown up. We left in a hurry that morning and I also forgot to leave our usual service tip- maybe that's why it was "overlooked" .... But this was definitely a downer. I would have hoped the staff would put it aside for us.

Comfortable bed and decent accommodation for a quick stay. Right across the street from a good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The door to my room had a large gap around the edges and wouldn't close tightly. The deadbolt lock didn't close tightly allowing the door to move despite it being locked. The chain security lock was very loose when attached to the door and the bracket where the security chain was attached to the door frame was held in place by screws that were loose and came out with the touch of my finger. I didn't feel very safe or secure. And, the "hot" breakfast was virtually non-existant.

Staff was friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

given an occupied room when the property was not that busy. while they tried to update the facility, there is a lot lacking. ratings were misleading. guess you get what you pay for. dirty, stained, moldy and peeling paint.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

First room should not have been rented except maybe by the hour. Trash, stain on bedspread,headboard fell off,toilet seat stains. Second room barely OK. A/C unit very noisy.

Nice desk clerk.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• King Suite

I didn't eat breakfast because I didn't see yogurt. Towels were a little skimpy and I'm used to a comforter on the bed so I was cold the first night. WiFi was slow. All these are minor things. Staff very good and place very clean.

The staff was great. When I asked for another blanket a young man brought it immediately. Then he said he thought the heater should be working better and offered to fix it ASAP. Also, this motel charged far less for a dog than others.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Photos misrepresented actual age and conditions. Carpet filthy and at least 20 years old. Bathroom rundown. No water in pool and outside area neglected.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Room is not cleaned regularly and bedsheets left unchanged. On one occasion, 3 days passed without any cleaning at all.

- Free room upgrade - In the vicinity

Check-in was quick. The room seemed updated and was clean.

Bathroom not nice, old and yucky

Awful bath facility

Quiet place

All

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Buds in lights in room bath tub had calcium sscale

Dining crowded

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

pillows are very lumpy

Very friendly staff eager to please

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

It's very old . The bathroom especially needed update. Guess I am spoiled with newer hotels

Not much. Did only have a $5 pet fee

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Bathroom was filthy. The toilet seat was held together with duct tape. The air conditioner did not work well.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Could have real milk in a fridge for coffee like Australian motels have.

Ease of booking in

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

There were no power outlet by the night stand. No juice with the breakfast. Pictures in the room were outdated and gives a drearly look. No lotion, New Mexico is dry.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

Room was not clean. Dork nod in bathroom was broken. Bathroom was very warn. Needs an update. Breakfast was really bad. Not enough food really bad coffee.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Dirty with roaches in the bathroom, dirty stained washclothes, dirty used towels behind the furniture, broken lampshades and surly managerial staff

Birds and natural history of the area

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

The room had limited outlets, weak wi-fi, limited breakfast, pool overgrown with vines.

Our room was large, flat screen TV with many viewing channels, good shower/hot water, room also had a fridge & microwave.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

One bedside lamp had no light bulb, "continental" breakfast had very little to offer so we went to McDonalds down the street!

Clean,comfortable rooms but dated and needing some maintenance.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

I didn't realize that the deadbolt in Room 124 was broken until almost midnight when I tried to use it. Too tired to deal with it so propped the heavy rocking chair against the door to prevent possibility of an intruder. Should have realized something wrong with lock as the interior door handle faceplate was askew. This has taught me to check the door before I unload my luggage!

Early lite breakfast kept me going.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Rough towels Poor breakfast. Used water to thin out the waffle mix.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The place could use some updating.

The place was clean. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

The pool isn't even on their property it was very misleading. Actually had to drive a block to get to it. Not fun at all

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Close to Socorro and Bosque Del Apache An older building with older fixtures Good value for money and clean

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

towels were like sandpaper ac fan very noisey

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.