Reviews of Pullman San Francisco Bay 4 stars

223 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA

#2 of 16 hotels in Redwood City

• Deluxe Room with Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

Not easy to charge our car The outlet was locked The engineer had to saw off the lock and them flip the power switch at another location

Comfort Water view

• Superior King Room

Liked this hotel better when it was a Sofitel. It had more of a European feel then - crispy buttery croissants, French speaking staff, etc. Now as the Pullman it is just another airport hotel. I’d still stay there but I liked the older version better.

Good location. Relaxing environment.

• King Room - Disability Access

the pool was dirty, the parking over priced, and the iron in our room (924) was bad and ruined my blouse.

Everything was nice and smelled amazing! Very nice staff! Thank you!!

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff the checked us in was very rude! I believe her name was Demetria but she was not a pleasure to see when I first walked in. If she isn’t happy with her job then why is she still there.

The room was very nice!

• King Room - Disability Access

Internet was a little slow at times. Menu could use some variation - I was there 3 days and 5 meals (all were tasty).

Wait staff at restaurant was great. Hostess was great. Ken, my waiter was great. Beautiful property.

• Superior King Room

Cleaning staff accidentally turned the alarm on so I was woken up an hour earlier than I needed to be, which was pretty rough for a busy work trip. Overall staff weren't very welcoming or helpful.

Lovely rooms, nice and quite, lovely location, better gym than most hotel gyms.

Poor management! Steven.

Shower was clogged, so it was like taking a bath. Toilet hissed all night. Pool was broken, so nothing for my son to do. Stayed one night and switched to the Marriott

• King Room - Disability Access

I got this room for my sister who was in town for cancer treatment. She became ill and I had to get the room for another day and the hotel took advantage of the situation to charge an exorbitant rate for the second night, leaving a bad taste in my mouth and affecting the experience.

This was a wonderful hotel, a fabulous room, a great place to have as a home away from home.

• Superior King Room

The staff at the restaurant are unattentive to your needs. They could improve more on their customer service. The swimming pool was out of order.

There are games at the lounge. The Orange juice is so fresh and delicious.The view is very relaxing.

• Superior King Room

The prices for food and drink seemed hiked up so we walked through the business district to a shopping area where food was available. This hotel is used to business guests who charge it to expenses. Can't fault the facilities though.

Great room, super comfy bed, quiet location. Everything was top notch. We stayed one night before heading to Oakland for the weekend. Although the location worked for us, most cafes etc are geared for businesses around the hotel so facilities outside of hotel scarce.

• Superior King Room

We paid for valet parking but the valet was rarely out there. We had to leave the hotel in the early morning (4 a.m.) for checkout and were told to call the front desk in the morning but the phone was off the hook and we got a busy signal. Also, the furniture in the room was banged up. In the bathroom there were stray hairs in the soap dish from the previous stay. The Pullman is in a convenient location but the level of hospitality and the quality of the rooms leave much to be desired.

We had excellent service from Amy in the restaurant. She took very good care of us and was very friendly. She was knowledgeable about the menu and was able to make recommendations. Amy was the best thing about our stay at the Pullman.

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

The mini fridge didn't work. We had to call the front desk to have someone fix it. They send someone right away after we called!

The bed like a cloud!

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

Everything was clean and brand new from the recent renovations. Carpet, wallpaper, tv, furniture... There was a fridge in the room so that I could make my own breakfast. (See photo) The staff brought a table and chair out to the dock so I can watch the sunset by the water while there was a private function by the pool area.

• Superior King Room

I called to try and retrieve my iPhone charger which I know for a fact I left on the bedside nightstand - and the lady who picked up my call from the front desk was very disinterested in helping me, and said that housekeeping couldnt find it, even when I gave a very specific location, and know it didnt move from there. Super frustrating.

Room was beautiful - bigger than my own apartment! Andrew at the front desk couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, so great!

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

The only caveat was the free wifi connection - had to pay to get a decent speed & streaming some videos.

All good - nice room, spacious, clean, good vibe at the lounge, good services overall.

The services must be improved. 1. I reserved two rooms(one for single bed& another for double bed) from Booking.com. I had got confirm number. But when I checked in, the reception desk told me both of rooms were single bed. She let me accept it or go to find another hotel.......It was almost sunset and I had to add another single bed room. So in the end I reserved three rooms for this trip 2. I saw some boys swimming in the pool then I asked for opening time of swimming pool. Hotel staff said that it was not opened and the boys were breaking the rules. So is it disorder in management?? 3. My room didn’t have shampoo. There were only conditioner and body lotion. I called room service & housekeeping & guest service but nobody answered. Then I had to borrowed shampoo from another room@.@ Maybe the hotel does not have enough staff?

The view around here is nice.

• King Room - Disability Access

Was a very nice room with a giant tv that linked to youtube and netflix - bonus. View lovely of lagoon. Bed a bit too hard, I must say, and disappointed pool was not useable as that's why I booked the hotel (I was given free parking as a token of their appreciation that I understood why). Good news is renovations will lengthen pool, although it looked long enough already to me. Gym excellent. Bar was really nice and food quite good. I'd stay here again after renovations are completed, although ask if they have a bit softer mattresses in any other rooms.

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

The parking lot was very short and sinking ,better park in second floor the elevator of parking did not work. The pool and closed to construction. its a old property that renewed the bathtub was old and stained.there was a very old rusty chair in our room for office use instead of the one shown in the pictures

The bed was a bit soft with a feather topper . Overall fell modern and clean. the restaurant was a good option for dinner when we were tired

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

As a formally frequent visitor of the hotel when it was Sofitel, it is a pure dissapointment. This place is under renovation. Which means that you see it when you enter the lobby, which basically is a construction area. The remaining / replacement lobby is overcrowded, the outdoor sitting is closed, the convenience store hours have been reduced to morning hours, the room service has no time to answer the phone, for hours there is no warm water, the shower head falls from the wall, the bathroom cries for new painting. Almost all amenities from this place being a Sofitel are gone. Only the price level left. Staff is overworked and underexperienced. I asked for a water side room ( which is a no brainer for status guests) and got without any comment a room with garage view. Doormen look interested how you struggle to open the door and get your luggage thru while discussing their work. Gym equipment looks partially “used” or needs service. Enough on the list ?

Hey, they forgot to remove bathrobes from the list. An amenity still available.

• Superior King Room

Had no idea at point of booking that hotel was being renovated, so communal areas and bar/restaurant were closed and people were crammed into a temporary set-up. Disappointing.

Rooms are good and bed comfortable

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

Service. We requested for slippers at the front desk and took them 3 hours to deliver it our room. It's also ridiculous that we had to pay $25 a day for parking and wasn't included in the cost of the room. Person that greeted us at the front desk also seemed annoyed of her job.

Cleanliness

• Superior King Room (3 Adults)

Bar/restaurant area was way too noisy. We could find no quiet place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and talk. There were no wash cloths in the bathroom. Disappointing.

The bed was very comfortable - linens clean.

• Prestige Suite

total lack of athmosphere, tv programm, no netflix, no movies, no mini bar, no shop to buy stuff just a little cafe which was closed most of the time, construction ongoing inside and out

• Superior King Room

Whilst I appreciate they were renovating, we had builders working in each room either side of us and across the hall, the pool was closed and the lobby was virtually empty. The hotel is not cheap and it was hard to justify the expense when we really got very little benefit. We would have been better choosing a hotel closer to the airport for greater convenience. (We stayed at the hotel as our flight out of SFO was cancelled).

The room was comfy. There was a free shuttle to the airport that was greatly appreciated.

• Superior King Room

some renovation work is being done, but it was not too bad.

very good location, about 30 minutes drive from the city, we find it as a good tradeoff (velue per money) very cleen, frendly staff, good brekfast in a reasonable price, very comfortable bed. good cofeemaker in roome

• Junior Suite - 1 king size bed, one room with sitting area

Parts of the hotel currently under renovation. Didn't cause me any problems but it will be nice to revisit when everything is completed

Huge rooms, comfortable bed and furniture. If you get a lagoon view it's amazing and a nice area to have a walk in. Very good location if visiting any of the buildings in Redwood Shores

• Superior King Room

Under renovation - lot of noise and dust. Room is very standard, bed not comfortable. Far from everything. Worst of all is the terrible staff. They are rude and impolite.. There might be something going on, maybe they will renovate the staff and current people will be fired. But if I was in the management of the hotel I would give some thoughts on how is working there.

• Superior King Room

Overpriced: ool was under construction with no notice, room service was pricey for small portion; Aircon not cold enough, bathroom had cracks on the wall and to park your car, they charge $25 a day.

Bed was comfortable and soap and lotion were good.

• Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

Major construction going on, got woken up with wires being pulled through the walls. The pillows were lumpy, the amenities in the room were skimpy. The staff was really unfriendly. Parking was a mess and expensive. We were better off, more comfortable and treated better at the cheaper motels we stayed at throughout our trip. Wanted one night of luxury and it was a waste of money. I used to stay at this location a lot when it was still a Sofitel and I cannot stress enough how unpleasant this was.

I liked it when it was still the Sofitel...

• Superior King Room

It looked so beautiful as I was booking over the phone. Then I got there to so much construction being done and they didn't warn us. It didn't look anything like it did online.

The bed was comfortable.

• Superior King Room

Bathroom was in need of repair around the shower.

Nice room, was up-graded to Jr. Suite due to our room not being available/ready. Location was great for us since we have family in the area and access to San Francisco.

• Superior King Room

Air conditioner was broken due to heat wave, but it was fixed and running before we went to bed which is great!

Nice atmosphere, large room, Comfy bed, attractive bar and restaurant

• Superior King Room

We liked nothing except the restaurant, its servers and the valet doormen.

It is undergoing extensive sorely needed renovation that was not disclosed at the time of booking early August, 2017. Rotary hammers started at 9 am and continued until the evening. The only restroom for the restaurant and entire first floor was in a construction trailer across the parking lot from the hotel. The staff were not friendly or welcoming. However, the manager comp'ed one night of our 4 night reservation when I complained. The only positive was that the food in the restaurant was very good as were the servers. Even without ongoing inconvenience and noise of construction this hotel should not be listed as a 4 star with its cheap amenities and decor and poor bedding. It is a ridiculously poor value.

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

Ongoing construction, which was NOT mentioned online. Ran out of double beds and we had to get a king room with pull out couch... and they didn't even discount our room for the inconvenience. Pool was closed, again, not mentioned online. I feel very mislead by the pictures, it was not nearly as nice. Very bad experience will not use booking.com in the future.

nothing.

• Superior King Room

Nice size rooms. Despite the contemporary lobby, the rooms didn't feel as up to date, carpet and furniture seemed a little worn. Great value and a nice hotel overall.

• Superior King Room

The room was nothing like the photos and wildly dated. The bathroom was also very dirty, lots of mold between the tiles and peeling paint. The shower was literally from the 1950's!

• Superior King Room

the bottom of the pool has jagged edges around something in the center. Both my grandson and I received abrasions and when I went to the front desk to request a band aid I was a little surprised by the nonchalance of my explanation for the need for a band aid. I never saw this person contact anyone in maintenance and it was still sharp the next morning. They did produce a band aid though.

the beds are the most comfy ever. I go there just to sleep!

• Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

The fact that there was no hot water available in the hotel.

There was no hot water available in the hotel for two days! Front desk told us they have plumbing issues. The last we were able to take a shower with semi warm water! This is unacceptable. Why would they rent their rooms if they don't have hot water in their facility?

• Superior King Room

The boiler was down so there was no hot water until late morning and the carpet in the room needed to be replaced. He staff did however offer a free cab ride to a nearby spa where we could use their showers and pool.

The buffet was excellent. The entire staff was wonderful. The lobby, restaurant, and grounds were beautiful. Bed was very comfortable. The view was mostly parking lot but you could still see some of the bay, which was nice.

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

Room needed updating, sink faucet leaked all over counter, no fan in bathroom, carpet stained all over, beds were old and rolled to side. No food options other then over priced restaurant. Parking to expensive for guests as it's not close to city.

Food to expensive for what you get. Eggs rubber. Need less expensive options

• Superior King Room

Bed was just ok. Horrible noise from the air-conditioner every few minutes throughout my stay. I got no sleep. Too bad I prepaid my stay through Booking.com. The hotel staff said "you already prepaid, there is nothing we can do"! Well, at least you can change me to another room that has a normal air-conditioner! I want a refund!!

Walking path right outside the hotel

• Superior King Room

Parking charge could have been included as well as some breakfast spread.

No complimentary breakfast and for the price I thought something with no extra charge would have been nice.

• Superior King Room

We found soiled clothing from a prior guest behind the couch when we arrived. Also the carpeting was filthy and badly stained. The bathtub was dirty and there were crayon scribbles all over every wall.

The lobby was beautiful.

• Superior King Room

Additional charge for parking but it is a reasonable price.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and modern. I also enjoyed the view of the bay. I had a partial view of the bay and the parking lot. I also like the location of the hotel. It is driving distance to San Francisco. It is also very close to surrounding cities such as San Mateo and Half Moon Bay. If you want to explore other areas, including hiking trails, I think this hotel is a great place to stay.

• Superior King Room

There is no elevator at the parking spot, I had to carry soooo heavy two luggages myself

The bed is comfortable and I love the shower there, breakfast was good

• Superior King Room

We couldn't get towel service in our room or in the pool area. Could be a little more clean. The breakfast buffet the food was cold. It took long for the waitress to assist us.

It was nice to see the lagoon during dinner.

• Junior Suite - 1 king size bed, one room with sitting area

I loved everything about my stay at the Pullman. In an ideal world, I would have loved to have windows that open in order to get fresh air...

The Pullman is a wonderful hotel and I've stayed there many times. The location is perfect for my purpose since I'm watching a regatta taking place right outside the property.

• Superior King Room

Parking at US$25/day is exorbitant for guest parking. Request for creamer for coffee came after 3 calls.

Spacious room & bathroom, comfortable bed & puffy pillow

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Superior King Room

I can't really think of anything I didn't like.

I love that I can bring my senior Doxie with me. She travels with us everywhere. The staff are so loving and accepting of dogs.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

The beds were comfortable. Room was quiet, needed to use your key to access the elevator. Room service was available, a bit pricey, but usual. Keurig in our room with coffee and hot chocolate. Parking for a fee, but close and easy to access.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Superior King Room

for the price they charge, they don't even provide shower gel (only a small soap for both hand and shower) which I think is ridiculous.

walking distance to my office

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior King Room

I was disappointed that shower gel was no longer provided and only hand soap was provided. As a business hotel, this is a let down. The mattress sunk in when I slept on it as well. Quality is not good.

I like the location and accessibility

• Superior King Room

TV screen could be larger for this price-point.

The shower head was fantastic - want one for my home. Plenty of sockets for plugins. Slept well - good bed. Housekeeping excellent work!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Superior King Room

I forgot on my previous stay my iPhone charger in the Hotel when I returned (2 days later) they could not find it but without hesitation gave me another iPhone charger. That was very kind and super user friendly. Thank you

• Superior King Room

It was first class all the way! They took the time to personalize a card along with a gift that was waiting in my room when I arrived. I mentioned to staff member over the phone that I was there to celebrate my being in remission from cancer and they made sure to make not of it. My husband I were so touched by how well we were treated. Room was amazing as well as the rest of the hotel. Buffet was amazing! Very high end. I will return for sure!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

The lady at front desk was not helpful nor friendly. She did not explain where things were. I had to ask someone else where the elevator was located & about parking.

• Superior King Room

More water bottles in room, there was only 1 for 2 people.

Bed was extremely comfortable and room was quiet. Shampoo and toiletries were high quality.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

No free parking

The daily parking fee came in as a little hidden fee to me because they hadnt given the parking price per day on booking dot com but other than that everything about my stay was perfect, room was very neat , b3d pretty comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Prestige Suite

The rooms need a re-do - furnishings are looking a bit dated and tired. Still comfy and clean but - it's time!

The room was comfortable and clean, with a lovely bed to sink into! In the little cafe' downstairs, the pastries are made onsite and were gorgeous, as were the food from room service and in the dining room - excellent! Staff were friendly and helpful. The workout room is spacious and has a good selection and number of machines, and the walking trail is right there... The property is well back from the freeway, nice and quiet, but close to whatever you need.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Room with 2 Double Beds

The staff was stand-offish. They were definitely not rude, but they were not overly warm and welcoming either. The only person who acknowledged us walking in and out of the hotel each day was one of the doormen. Even the people at the reception desk were relatively reticent. It was weird, but didn't over shadow how nice the facilities were.

The facilities and grounds were wonderful. The rooms were spacious as well. It was a great value for the money we spent to stay there for 3 nights. The location was great for driving as well - easy access on and off highway.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior King Room

I would have liked a way to heat water for tea.

The bed was very cozy and comfortable, as was the plush bathrobe. The staff were very polite and helpful. Very large, attractive, upscale lobby/bar. Only 15 minutes from SFO.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior King Room

My bathroom had some mold on the grout.

The over all hotel its self is comfortable. The rooms are light and airie well decorated parking is easy food is fantastic.

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

In the bathroom, house cleaning missed a washcloth that was drying on top of the shower rod from the last person who had the room. There was also a lot of long black hair strands in the shower (I have medium length brown hair). The parking fee of $25 dollars is a bit expensive for one night.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Superior King Room

Restaurant was expensive, however food was on point. Exquisite.

1. Super comfy bed. 2. Croissants in Bakery, to die for! 3. Very Professional & Polite Staff.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

The food - the sandwiches were not good and everything is very expensive. Also I was not informed about the name change and there was no Sofitel bus at the airport, tough the driver clarified it. ALso having only 1 bus every hour if you are going t o a meeting and flying for many hours, seems not sufficient.

pastries, amazing view, staff was very friendly, fluffy beds

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

We ordered breakfast in the room and asked for pancakes. They said they only had blueberry pancakes and we wanted them plain. She went and checked and said they could do plain ones. They arrived with blueberries all over them.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was nice and quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Superior King Room

Excellent staff were professional and accommodating. The room was nicely decorated with excellent lighting and comfortable bed. Would love to stay here is again.

• Superior Suite

Clean room, clean shower, new bed, competent staff.

The prestige suite is far from that. Bed was uncomfortable they used a comforter as a sheet. Mold in the shower. Room service was horrible took then 4 times to get our order right. Forgot our crossiants then our salsa cooked the egg wrong. Brought pickles instead of pico de gallo. Walls were paper thin could hear everything. I have stayed in double trees that were nicer and a 100 less.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

The staff should have told us that we needed to use our room card to take the elevator up. We stood there looking confused for a few minutes before we figured it out. They also didn't tell us that because we had a special room and rate we also got late check out. I would have stayed in bed longer had I known.

The rooms were so comfortable, they were light and airy. The bed was amazing and the best part was full water pressure in the shower.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior King Room

Quite expensive considering the fact that this hotel is not located in the city centre of San Francisco.

Comfortable bed and clean hotel. Parking garage available next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior King Room

Would have been nice to know that you needed your room card to use the elevator, people checking you in should tell you that. Took us a couple of tries before we figured it out. Also parking was very expensive compared to other places we've stayed. We were using computer in lobby & got charged for an extra hour of parking!

location was good & rooms were pretty quiet. Beds were comfortable. lobby & outdoor spaces were nice.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

Had to request a room change due to the noise from being too close to the lifts. However this was dealt with quickly and efficiently by the wonderful staff.

Great bed, excellent staff.

• Superior King Room

I was not happy with the cost of parking a car overnight. I was told there was no where else I could park it. And it was not clear to me when i booked the room that I would have to pay an extra $25 to do so. That made the price for the room not such the fair deal I thought it was.

Nice comfortable bed. They buffet breakfast was surprising and probably the best I've had as an included perk.

• Deluxe King Room - Lagoon or Mountain View (2 Adults)

Down by the pool,it smelled like cats.But,this is not enough to not return to stay again. Great experience.

We truly loved our stay. The staff was always attentive and courteous. Our room was very comfortable. I usually do not sleep well away from home. Truly, slept like a baby.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Junior Suite - 1 king size bed, one room with sitting area

We have been there four times and never been disappointed. Whenever we are overwhelmed with work and family this is where we go to relax and take time out for us. The Sofitel is the most comfortable and enjoyable hotel we have been to. If I could take their whole bed home with me I would !!!!