Reviews of Hotel Solaire Los Angeles 3 stars

1710 West 7th Street, Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA

#240 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

3.5
    Stay here if you won't spend too much time in the room
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room with Balcony

1. The bathroom door would get stock when opening and closing. You had to push very hard to make it move. 2. The bed was so uncomfortable! My friend and I weren't able to sleep all night and we weren't sharing a bed. 3. Our room didn't have a number so we had to guess that that was our room. 4. Leaving the worse for last... we got a flying cockroach in our room!! So disgusting and scary to me!

The hotel was close to the venue we were going to.

Unsatisfactory Hotel and complaint procedure with Booking.Com

The parking was shambolic, and overly congested with difficult access due to incorrectly parked cars / vehicles. The swimming pool was not available due to being a building site and the passage ways in the hotel smelled of urine which was very unpleasant. Booking.Com were unaware of the standard of the hotel and have been very unhelpful with the complaints passed on. The hotel spoilt a very good experience and I will not use Booking.Com again or recommend this hotel in any way.

The walk in shower wa the only positive I can or am willing to give.

Worst place i have stayed in over a decade, and i have been homeless for most of that duration.
    • Queen Room

Charged an extra $100 deposit to stay, would of been nice to know before the choice of this stop was decided upon.

Welcome to wait in lobby until i got extra $100 deposit that wasn't mentioned before i crossed the country to stay in this horrible establishment.

with some perspective, you can say the room is clean
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location is terrible, at some point I thought I was in enimem’s 8 mile movie set. No curtains so you get a lot of sun in your face. The AC was the loudest AC I have ever heard. I honestly think they use Boeing 747 engines for their ACs.

with some perspective, you can say the room is clean

Good value for money
    • Queen Room

Area was a lttle scary for me not having been there before. Lots of rubbish in the streets. WiFi would only work outside the room. Strange odour in the lobby.

Felt secure at the hotel, rooms were clean. Pool was clean. Included breakfast was good.

For the price and location, you make it work.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The AC unit was horrendous, all of the numbers were wiped off - appeared to be falling off the wall. Front Desk agent wasn't the most helpful, arrived 30 minutes before check-in and was told I had to wait. Given the wrong room key, twice.

You can't beat the location if you need to move quickly around the sprawl that is LA. Breakfast is standard fare and well serviced, I typically grab a piece of toast before running out the door.

Good place to rest up while working at a convention over the weekend. I would here stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The parking was pretty crammed, but they did their best to get everyone in. And I swear the people above me were wearing iron shoes and stamping around! That's why i always bring ear plugs when staying at hotels.

Claudia at the front desk was helpful and professional. Loved the industrial- chic feel. It was clean and comfortable. Perfect for my needs.

Overall a good value for the price, but would stay closer to Koreatown next time.
    • Queen Room

Needs more parking. They allow people to double park at night, blocking others in the morning. Noisy from street noise, thin walls, and air conditioner. Relatively safe for walking to food during daylight, but wouldn't try it at night.

Room was clean, no odors. Location easy to navigate from. Refrigerator and microwave in room.

Rooms were very cool and clean parking provided and location...
    • Queen Room

We booked this place because it had a pool and it was the last 4 days of our holiday. The pool was out of service and we were not notified of this before hand or even when checking in. We were incredibly disappointed. Very unhappy about it.

Rooms were very cool and clean parking provided and location was okay.

We chose this hotel for our family stay in LAX as first 2...

We chose this hotel for our family stay in LAX as first 2 nights of our 2 weeks trip. The location didn´t meet our expectation at all as the area was really messy and dangerous. The swimming pool was under reconstruction and unfortunately we chose the hotel because it has a swimming pool. The room was not clean, for 4 people pretty small and humid but breakfast was good. The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel has a free parking for their guests which is fine. Next time we will definitely choose some other property and other location.

Hotel not well maintained. Swimming pool out of order. Breakfast not up to standard. Staff excellent
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel and property was run down. Swimming pool out of order. Breakfast was included but totally under standard and bad.

Staff was good and helpful. that made experience better. Location is good

Great great great
    • Queen Room

The pool was not working but they are obviously making this a lovier place to stay at. I wouldnt walk around here at night but we got taxis home when dark. But this is us being careful.

This was a lovely place clean, newly renovated and a nice breakfast. Very comfortable, clean and so very friendly.

The se luxe room was good enough.

The pool was closed and dirty, the same the structure (not clean). Terrible and very poor breakfast. Waitress not kind

The se luxe room was good enough... other not!

DONT BOOK!
    • Queen Room

Terrible attitude from one receptionist, rude and unhelpful, she even had food left on her top! No pool so when we asked she claimed it broke the day before we arrived but reviews said different. Room was damp and smelly. Breakfast room was tiny.

Good location to attractions and metro. Bed was comfortable.

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I loved my stay at Hotel Solaire. The staff are friendly, the breakfast is okay and more importantly, the rooms are spacious and clean I would recommend it any time

You get what you pay for

The pool wasn’t open. The parking . The area is nasty and noisy.

I can’t complain. We wanted something close to the staple center. It was only a 6 min drive. The room was spacious and bed was comfortable. And our room had a small balcony I thought it was nice.

Nice hotel in a shady area
    • Queen Room

Although the hotel was fine the area was a bit dodgy to walk around. We didn't have any problems but there is a lot of homeless.

The hotel room was spacious and comfy and close to the city centre.

Shower was amazing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Majority of staff was nice. Sad that the pool was out of order. Bed felt like a full mattress instead of a queen sized one.

Shower was amazing. Loved the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash provided. Room was nice.

Horrible. Hotel did not provide what was advertised!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The amenities the hotel promised were not available, some of which I booked specifically because of the work I needed to do while in LA. The fitness center and pool were both under maintenance (the pool was disgusting and overwhelmed with algae). There was nothing in the lobby to indicate these changes, nor was there anything on the website indicating that the hotel facilities were not available. The area where the hotel is located is very deprived and dirty, as a we man I was extremely uncomfortable walking to the bus and metro stations, and experienced some inappropriate approaches by local men- though the staff member checking me in assured me of the safety of the neighborhood. When asked about finding alternative gym facilities, the staff member was unwilling to help me- saying you had to have memberships for the gyms in the area- this was not true as I was able to find a nice facility on my own and get a pass for free. After finding a rip in the bedsheets and some dust on the floor I asked about a refund- the place was not as advertised, the staff member could do nothing and there was no management available to help me either, they wouldn’t be in until the next day. It was just after 5:00- I was not asking for a manager in the middle of the night. The staff member was utterly powerless in the situation- which is the fault of management. But the staff member’s refusal to help me or contact someone who could was infuriating. Breakfast was an additional disappointment, some coffee and fruit is not a continental breakfast, what did I pay $170 for?

The first staff member we encountered after our flight was very pleasant, and was helpful in storing our bags until check in time. It was all downhill from there.

Stay Away From This One!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I stay in hotels every week, this is one to which I will never return. For almost $200, the price was ridiculous for a hotel of this caliber. It is basically in a ghetto, wouldn't step foot outside after dark. Go anywhere else but here.

Not much

Great value for money

No coffee making facilities Dirty pool Couldn't open the curtains

Great breakfast Pretty good spot Clean rooms Comfy bed Nice staff I find it hard to believe some of the poor reviews on this hotel. If you want a 4/5 star hotel - pay for one dont complain about a hotel because it's not in the perfect spot or you dont get a full cooked breakfast. Your reviews effect hard working people 😡

Staff is very welcoming and friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very dirty. I arrived and the bed sheets were the same ones of those who were utilizing the room before me. You could see the stains on them and it showed that it was just a done bed after usage. I had to change the sheets myself because on my arrival hour there wqs noone at the hotel to do that while this should have been conducted prior to my arrival. The sound of the heater is highly irritating you can barely sleep.

Staff is very welcoming and friendly

Great value. Iffy neighbourhood.

The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk staffs were very helpful in answering our queries. Breakfast was simple but good (esp the waffle) and the fruits were always fresh, looked good and tasted good. There is also a laundromat just down the road, and the metro is a relatively short walk away. However, I'm not sure if it was because I booked the double queen room, but my room was situated at the refurbished wing (not that i am complaining) so everything looked and felt very new. So they may be refurbishing in sections, so do not be alarm if your booked room is not as "new". The rooms in the older wing looks like an average motel room as compared to their refurbished one. I hope they continue to refurbish all the rooms.

A good hotel in Downtown LA.
    • Queen Room

This is Downtown LA and so the surrounding area is not very clean and people sleeping rough.

It was good value for money. The breakfast was good. Tour buses and Supershuttle pick up from this hotel

Comfortable bed internet was good
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

A little bit tatty, but clean. Chose a room with a balcony but the chairs were missing although other balconies seemed to have chairs .

Comfortable bed internet was good

There was nothing to like in this property.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Horrible location. Very bad maintenance. No facilities. Not even Bellman 😢😢. Very dirty room. Sub-standard toilets. Everything hopeless. Worthless. I will never ever suggest anyone to opt for this property. Los Angeles downtown is very dirty area for place to stay

There was nothing to like in this property.

The hotel should kept a kettle in the room to make hot water...

The hotel should kept a kettle in the room to make hot water for drinking It was uncomfortable to get self serviced hot water from the lobby Since we had children it’s very much uneasy to pick it up

Wifi was good :-)
    • Queen Room

Hotel was in very bad state, pretty much needs major remodel, lady on front desk was very rude & pretty much didnt want to talk to us, the hotel or shall i say (Motel) was in the mexican hood i think, did not feel safe at all and we pretty much ran to station every day, Do Not Stay Here.....

Wifi was good :-)

Good
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The pool was closed both times I visited & contrustion was still going from the last time I stayed which was a year ago ! The surrounding area is not the best buts it’s not the worst either for the price . It’s still in the middle of downtown la. When I went to check out they informed me they lost well “misplaced” the copy of my license and debit card which is scary !

I’ve stayed at this hotel twice now ! They have remodel some rooms that are really nice ! I love the big mirror and bathroom is really nice !

Easy access to the convention center; free parking a major perk.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast area is super tight in the mornings. I don't understand why the hotel uses the creepo peeking through the trees photo as its profile picture on here. Don't let it stop you from staying!

This is the second time I've stayed at this property, both times while attending an annual event at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Since last year they've made some nice upgrades to the rooms--a pleasant surprise! For the price you can't beat the location, free parking, and breakfast. It's a short and easy drive to the convention center. Despite staying a Saturday night over a very busy weekend we had no problems with noise.

Not at all like pics on the internet we looked up the street...
    • Queen Room

Not at all like pics on the internet we looked up the street and it was nice and down the street was a mess of homeless people and filth ,the staff were very nice but the carport were sticky and gross

Fantastic little hideaway

The beds were super comfortable, and the room was very swanky. Nice little find in the middle of L.A. We will definitely use this hotel again when we make our annual trip in May!

Overpriced horrible motel sold as hotel
    • Queen Room

Old and smelly hotel in the middle of nowhere- it may be downtown LA due to area but definetly does not look like the rest of the downtown. Check-in as of 3 but room not ready for another hour and staff said "you arrived to early" horrible room,dirty and old. Small bed (kingsize size they say) and old features. Super noisy both nights,you hear everything and everybody around and there was a buzzing noise during the whole night in the sourroundings.breakfast is just poor. They indicate they have a pool but it is just abandoned and dirty. Do not trick clients! You also have to pay to park in an open unsafe space they do not take responsability for...

Nothing -worse stay ever!

Definitely not what it says on the tin
    • Queen Room

It was not conveniently located for walking distance to sights of Hollywood, There was a very strong pungent smell of bleach upon arrival and all over the hotel, The pool was dirty and cordoned off, the gym was not functional and we were not notified prior to our arrival. I generally did not think it was great value for money and we cut our stay short after 1 day to move to a different hotel.

Wouldn’t stay there again
    • Queen Room

Location, noisy, the bedroom was in an appalling state, paint and wallpaper peeling off. Bath was worn out, paint peeling off walls, toilet cistern chipped.

Disgusting, dated, unhygienic, manager is rude, pool is vile
    • Queen Room

Everything; the manager, the room, hairs and dirt in the bath, pillows made out of lumps, nothing near what it looks like on pictures

The shower is the second room we stayed in.

Would not recommend
    • Queen Room

The hotel needs a total refurbishment. The bottom of my shower was virtually worn away. Carpets were worn and very stained both in my room and in corridors. The swimming pool looked disgusting and I wouldn't have used it. Located in a very poor neighbourhood. Very expensive for what it was

The staff are the total asset to this hotel - I hope the management appreciate this. Really helpful front desk, good cleaners and helpful breakfast staff. All efficient, friendly and welcoming etc.

Spectular.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No complimentary breakfast as promised only juice and coffee was provided. Also wanted a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony, but got a 1st floor room.

Bed was comfy, loved the eco-friendly feel of the room.

Enjoyed my stay but because of the area wouldn't stay again
    • Queen Room

The location, even though it was about 9 min walk to the Metro, the area was very seedy with a lot of homeless people and there is no way I would go out at night. The Hotel hallways were filthy, the whole time I was there never vaccumed.

The room was very comfortable was apparently newly renovated, it really needed a coffee/tea maker, you had to go to reception to get tea or coffee but it was available & free all day. The Continental Breakfast was basic but sufficient.

a hotel with poor facilities and unclean environment.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

very poor and inconvenient facilities inside the room, no power socket either beside the bed cabinet or above the table, air conditioner too noisy, water in the bath room not hot enough, very few breakfast items.

I could not actually find anything I like about the hotel.

The refurbished rooms with are modern clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Two Queen Room with Balcony

The pool area is really rundown and dated and the pool is a no go.

The refurbished rooms with are modern clean and comfortable. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to downtown LA and the metro line. The hotel is an a good location however the area does feel a little unsafe at night

Helpful Staff and Good Breakfast

The Room that I got needed lots of refurbishing Pictures of rooms on internet sites are not like the one you get at the Hotel Small area for the breakfast room Noisy Air Condition

Very helpful Staff on the Reception and for the Room Services Breakfast is very nice with varieties of options Comfortable Beds and Pillows Location to the Metro Station is around 10 min walking distance

Good location, nice hotel.
    • Queen Room

No real cons to the hotel. We searched online for ages for a decent hotel and found this. The only thing I would say is update your photos! It makes the hotel look terrible lol. But it's really nice for the price.

This was the only hotel from our trip (stayed at 3 places total) to have a lovely hotel clerk. She was polite, smiled and never left us in the dark on what was going on. It was so nice to have someone not treat us like crap. Thankyou! The hotel has obviously gone through renovations and it looks really nice. The rooms were great, bed was comfy and the room itself was a really good size. The complimentary breakfast was also lovely. They have a nice waiting area too. It's about a 20 minute walk from staples and downtown LA.

Thank you to Sylvia for her advice from reception. She was lovely.
    • Queen Room

Initially we were concerned with the area. We had just arrived in LA and found the homeless people confronting. But turns out we were fine and the hotel close to the Metro and bus lines.

The room was very nice. Lovely decor and plenty of space.

Cheap stay
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Wall paper was peeling off the walls, communal areas smelt of weed, cleaning was non existent in the room and hallways

Breakfast was good and parking was good value and convenient

Comfortable place although perhaps a little pricey
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Neighborhood is far from glamorous

Comfy bed and reasonable basic breakfast. Reasonably central to Allie normal tourist locations and public transport. Property is old but too we newly refurbished.

Just so so...

There are several things I didn't like. 1) The hotel swimming pool is extremely tiny. I guess it is just a show. 2) The air-con/heater inside the room is too noisy when operating. 3) The breakfast is very minimum. 4) The location is quite far from the downtown area. Hence, I would say the price I paid (close to USD200/night) is not worth to be spent. The hotel price could be a little cheaper.

The hotel room is clean & comfortable. That is the only one I can think of.

Quirky and stylish rooms, very comfortable bed which was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Location not great but a cheap taxi fare to downtown

Quirky and stylish rooms, very comfortable bed which was welcome after a long flight. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Clean affordable place in DTLA
    • Queen Room

The room looked like it was stuck in the 90's, but it was clean. The elevator is also quite old so it looked like I might get stuck, but thankfully did not.

Liked that it was in Downtown LA. Staff were friendly. They had free breakfast: fruits, coffee, milk, cereal, waffle, bread selection. Bed was big enough to accommodate me (5'6) and my husband (6'1).

Lobby was very well decorated and modern.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Not located in a nice part of town. Not enough parking. Front office nice and modern - our room we had was very old. Yellow and rust. Many layers of paint. Had to yank on the bathroom door to get it to close.

Lobby was very well decorated and modern. Hot water and coffee available all day. Staff was nice and informative. Breakfast was well stocked and had a decent variety. Off street parking was a necessity.

Do not stay here; rundown and dangerous
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

BEWARE, this hotel is not located in a good part of DTLA. The pictures are not accurate. They make it out to be a boutique hotel. It is not. It is a rundown motel. There were scary bums walking up and down the street all day and night. It was super sketchy. The pool was dirty and NOT heated as listed. The room itself was ok, but the chair and the bathroom were worn out. The bath towels were teeny tiny and cheap. The bed was actually pretty comfortable, but that is about the only nice thing I can say about this place. In general, you get want you pay for but I still spent $165 for a room and location I thought would be decent and safe. It's totally rundown. DO NOT STAY HERE.

The bed was the only nice thing I can say about this place. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Great for the money

Breakfast could have some ham and cheese. The swimming pool was dirty. The neighborhood was not the best for walking when it is dark (go for dinner).

The room was big. Coffee and tea available 24/7 free of charge. The hotel personnel was very polite and helpful. Our TV was not working properly, so we asked for some help and within 1 hour, the problem was fixed. Breakfast was OK. close to downtown and reasonable price. 5 minutes of walk, there is a great Chinese buffet that is worth of visit.

The room was clean and fresh, bed was comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There were no trash bags in the bins, The plates were paper so they dripped when food was heated in the microwave

The room was clean and fresh, bed was comfortable

Could have been better........Much better
    • Queen Room

The property claims to be in downtown LA but it is a mile and a half from downtown and it's not situated in an easily accessible area and not a pleasant area for a couple either. There are not many restaurants close by and it's half an hour drive from Hollywood. There is no service at all at this property, we had to manage to drag our own luggage as the receptionist told us "there's no bellboy service at our property". No room service, No bell boy service, House keeping is good and courteous. Breakfast is ok at the best , as the spread includes white bread, brown bread and some jams, an added bonus is there's is a waffle maker with plenty of batter. All in all I was disappointed with my stay at this property .

The rooms were neat and tidy with a microwave and mini refrigerator

Waste of money and awful experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is a mess: - stuff is never at the reception - the bed sheets are dirty and not always replaced - the room was not clean, they left stuff on floor and did not change the towels - the doors close loudly and wakes everybody up on the floor - all the noise on the street is so loud in the room, especially the police machines and garbage collection at 6.30 AM - the location is full of homeless on the streets

There was very little to like there.

Location is LA downtown

Blankets are too heavy, I couldn't move and their were someones undergarments lying in the cabinet under the microwave, housekeeping was also horrible when we came back in the evening the beds were made but small bits of trash was still lying around the floor and room amenities were not placed in place.

Location is LA downtown

Mediocre, maybe it was my hotel for being cheap and booking it
    • Queen Room

The hotel was not in the best part of town, on the website it says there is a heated pool, there isn't, the pool was super cold. it gives motel like vibes.

staff was very courteous and friendly. room was clean.

A goo value and quiet but ther is room for improvement
    • Queen Room

The exterior of the property needs to be refurbished. The parking lot didn’t feel entirely safe especially at night. Vending machines were not stocked with bottled water. The nice person at the front desk provided me with some water. Not their fault but the area where the property is is not very nice.

The lobby was nicely appointed along with the section where our room was. The room interior was upgraded all NG with the hallway leading to our room. The price was ok for downtown LA. The breakfast was adequate it could be a little more.

It was good for the price.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Walls were thin, we heard other rooms late night activities. The Pool area was really dirty. The neighborhood was a little sketchy. The rooms needed maintenance. The outlets were loose and some didn’t work.

The property was close to everywhere we wanted to go. It had a fridge and microwave. Balcony was nice!

Very convenient carpark with cheap rates!
    • Queen Room

Pillows were the size of cushions... Would have preferred normal-sized pillows. Shady neighbourhood, did not feel safe walking around at night especially alone. Breakfast options can be improved.

Very convenient carpark with cheap rates! Metro station just a short walk away. Staffs were helpful and friendly. Some rooms seem to be newly renovated, which we were lucky enough to live in.

Well, paid $143 per a night...should been better for the money.

Pool not hot...when the receptionist told, stated won’t be fixed right away! Warm pool was one of the reason to get a room there!! Coffee, OJ not up to standard! Noisy, people smoking on the property!!

Close to downtown and breakfast included

Courteous and Friendly Staff, centrally located with great parking and clean rooms.

The neighboring area hosts some wanders, however; this is the typical case for downtown L.A., so you can't really hold this against the Hotel. Other than that, my only gripe would be that the pillows were a bit lumpy for my taste - otherwise a great stay. I would stay here again.

The parking lot is very well lit and easy to find/park in, which isn't always the case in downtown L.A. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and clean. The front desk staff was very professional, courteous, and kind. Check-in/Check-out was quick and easy. The rooms are clean and include in-room coffee makers, refrigerators, and microwaves.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The hotel was quite nice, nothing too fancy but clean with...

the area isn't great for walks in the evening as it does't feel too safe (it's on if you keep to the main street but some of the smaller ones gave us the creeps). about 20-30 min walk to Downtown

The hotel was quite nice, nothing too fancy but clean with very friendly staff. Looked a bit Mexican which later made sense as we realized that it was based in a Mexican area. Continental breakfast included was very basic and the swimming pool looked rather old and not too clean so we didn't use ut

Great for downtown.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

It was kind of old and weathered. They were in the process of upgrading rooms. The room wasn't ready at check in.

It was very close to downtown. It was close to the metro. It had great cheap parking. There was included deluxe continental breakfast.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE - NOT AT ALL RECOMMEND TO STAY HERE!!!!!

1. The delayed check in despite being a genius member. The rooms were not occupied but still. 2. Water problem hence we were without water for 2 out of 3 days 3. Bed bugs which bit us really bad 4. Filthy corridors with litter around 5. Rude & unhelpful staff 6. Filthy breakfast tables that werent cleaned in ages 7. Nothing in buffet breakfast 8. Rusty corners 9. No storage space in the room

NOTHING - the worst hotel I have ever booked using booking.com

Good stayed, friendly staff, well located

breakfast could be improved

Super friendly staff, the new rooms are very comfy, nice and clean. Silvia in reception was very helpful. The breakfast could be better but is enough to kick off the day! is very well located close to Mc Arthur park metro station and Expo metro station

Everything was perfect, upgraded to a room with balcony

Everything was perfect, upgraded to a room with balcony Room very spacious, huge shower room, very clean and very good bed. Breakfast is basic but ok

Pretty good

-Rooms need updating, I think they are starting to refresh the rooms ( saw one room mid reno) but I had a old room. -Carpets were questionable -The area is ok in the daytime but I've been advised not to walk around at night, I didn't have any issues though. -Streets are a bit loud at night

-Free parking and wifi is stable -Computer in the lobby was available to guests to look up info or checkin for flights! -Breakfast was standard, waffle maker was a plus and the attendant was super sweet

Very loud.
    • Queen Room

Very loud. Uncomfortable bed. People knocking on our door both at night and early In the morning . Lights outside were very bright ... hard to sleep when it looks like daylight outside. No conditioner

Typical American breakfast,
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Typical American breakfast, Free parking, nice staff. Hotel is situated in Mexican district. There is a supermarket 5-7 min walking distance. Ther eis a bus stop close to the hotel as well.

Wouldnt have stayed here if i had more time to choose other hotels.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My room was next to renovaton works, had bad smell. There was no complimentary coffee or tea. Provided plastic cups only, not ceramic ones, hence cannot use the microwave to heat water. Front desk did not return my passport after checking in- both of us forgot about it . Only upon check out the next day then another receptionist returned to me, saying that it has been left at their counter overnight. This was a HUGE MISTAKE! There wasnt much food options around the hotel.

it was the few hotel with available rooms within my budget at that time.

Good value stay in downtown, will be even better once upgrades completed throughout.
    • Queen Room

Noisy aircon so managed without, but in summer that would be impossible. Room in need of update, which we noted was occurring in other rooms. Once completed, this will be a very good value stay in downtown LA. Breakfast was disappointing as there was only coffee, juice and (excellent) fresh fruit! No toast/bread/pastries, so I do NOT regard this as "breakfast".

Friendly staff. Good price. Close access to some excellent local family-run restaurants.

Not satisfactory.
    • Queen Room

The room was old and with noises from the top floor. The street were hotel is located are full of gabbish and not good to walk. They did not have laundry services or laundromat.

Parking on site. Close to downtown.

It was ok

Smell in corridors and in room even though it was clean. Very dated swollen bathroom door from excess water which made room look cheap.

Continental breafast good.

We hated it couldn't wait to leave and I feel our money should be refunded and room 301 should not b
    • Queen Room

The area the room had broken furniture the door was broken then we were moved and the air condition was broken.a disgusting dirty floor and I am going to contact booking.com when I return to the U.K

Nothing overall the accommodation was terrible will not stay here again and would not recommended it to anyone.

Browse Hotel Solaire Los Angeles traveller photo gallery