Reviews of Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport 3 stars

3040 Eagandale Place, Eagan, MN 55121, USA

#7 of 15 hotels in Eagan

Loved the apartment / loft living.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Wish they had like hash browns for breakfast too .. wasn’t interested in breakfast but my kids loved it

Loved the apartment / loft living. Will definitely stay here again ! They need more of these! And so happy they were pet friendly :)

Overall the stay and property was great but the online booking information needs to be updated.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Was wayyyyy too much confusion with the room type. We booked a loft suite that stated it fit up to 8 people and we had a group of 7 and the day before our trip we're notified that many is a fire hazard yet it's still online as able to accommodate up to 8. I really wanted that suite because that's what my family looks forward to when we're considering hotels. We want suites that will accommodate us all in the same room. Luckily Jonathan was really nice and gave us two rooms near each other so it worked out but that part still kinda disappointed us but we made it work.

I loved the rooms overall.

I think that they need to do some minor upgrades & they should put a mop & broom their in every room
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Good variety breakfast and the Lofts look just like the pictures on website, it was like a apartment with dishes and everything. It was a good place to stay & we had kids with up & we felt very safe with Good Vibes and good environment. The staff was very helpful to about restaurant,malls & ect....

It was just ok.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The bed was hard. The couch in the room wasn't particularily comfortable. The breakfast was made with really cheap ingredients. The kitchen lights hummed quite loudly, and flickered.

The room was bright, and really pretty. It was incredibly quiet. The staff very welcoming!

Exceeded expectations!
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Clean. Very well lighted. It was more like a vacation condo than a hotel room. Free guest happy hour with hot snack bar on weekday afternoons. Great breakfasts. Next to a small strip mall with casual restaurants, gas/convenience store and liquor store. Very nice!

Very close to mall of america, worth staying at to get away...
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Very close to mall of america, worth staying at to get away from all the traffic and mall crowd. Very large rooms and clean. Will stay again if in area. Very wonderful stay!!!!!

good value.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

The shuttle driver was joking around a lot with my wife and putting the husband down jokingly but after awhile when it didn't end it got very sickening and upsetting. The breakfast was mediocre.

good value. The front desk staff was very nice.

Awesome! First time at Sonesta and I am a fan! Loved the fireplace, spacious and super comfy beds
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The outside door needs some weather stripping---the wind was blowing right through. No TV remote in our room (no big deal) and I didn't find the hairdryer until we checked out! It was in the closet. All minor issues of course---this place is wonderful!

Everything! The beds were super comfy! The fireplace was a great feature! I thought it would be gas but turns out it is a real fireplace! $5 per paper log available at the desk. Well stocked kitchen, nice breakfast variety

Nice get away with family
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The only complaints that I have is the sofa bed was not clean and the WiFi connection did not work the entire time we was there. Also there was no extra bed covers or extra toilet paper.

Great breakfast.

The layout of the property
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

They with held house keeping due to to many extended stay guests. Food in and under the couch. Soap dispensers empty, no linen for hide a bed, one roll of toilet paper on check in day. Buildings built around out door pool, basketball and patio area. People drinking and playing basketball being loud until 11-12pm.

The layout of the property

Great family accommodations
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

They were short staffed in the morning at the breakfast buffet. They had a hard time keeping up with food. Had to wait to have coffee made, along with waiting for breakfast items to be restocked.

Loved being able to stay with all my family in one room. I have become a huge fan of the apartment type hotels, great for families. When you figure in the cost of taking the whole family out for breakfast, the cost of staying here is a deal.

Do not stay here, room not set up and unorganized.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

1. unfriendly staff and front desk staff need more training. Front desk person needs to be more polish. 2. The first night was horrible experience got in the shower and didn't have any towels beside hand towels. Call front desk that we didn't have any towel and no one show up. While I was in the shower for 45 minutes waiting for towels my husband went to front desk to grab some. 3. There was only 1/4 of toilet paper left and we went through it the first night. 4. The room smell like body odor. 5. Do not stay at this place.

Breakfast was great alot of selection and pool was warm.

Great location and value
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

The furniture was not comfortable in the living space. the staff had trouble keeping all foods stocked a breakfast but were very kind and working hard.

The breakfast and social hour were good. It was nice having a full 2 bedroom 2 bath so we could all fit in 1 . The location was excellent to visit all the attractions (mall of America, stone arch bridge, target field, paisley park, airport) all were less than 30 minutes away.

Place was great
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Kitchen cabinets dirty. Fan was very dusty. Carpet was very dirty and stains all over. Didnt want to walk around barefooted .

I loved everything but it could of been a little more clean. Kitchen cabinets dirty, fan was very dusty, and carpet was very nasty, lots of stains! Other than that the place was great! Great for family stay, kid friendly and lots of privacy.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great for price and size of rooms
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

We had no bedding for the pullout in the room. Staff had a hard time making breakfast for guests, the lines and wait time were long.

We could all be together

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Nice place good value
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The served breakfast was a bit bland. Needed to be stocked a bit better.

Its a nice facility, a bit off the beaten path but price was good, if i had to stay a few days it would be great because of the kitchen

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Quiet room
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Desk help at checking in not helpful. Needed to set up a ride to airport. She didn't seem to know much about it. The following morning the person was very helpful and got us going and we were even able to get breakfast a little early. Driver to airport very nice. On our return trip we used a uber driver for some reason. The hotel lined it up but took awhile.

Quiet room

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Looks like a 4*, but only a 3* at best.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Although refurbished, no attention was paid to detail. Everywhere I looked, there were signs of a "quick fix". And the kitchen was meagerly equipped. One dinner plate, two bowls, two saucers, 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 spoons, 1 large glass, 2 small glasses. One huge pot. It did have a measuring cup and spoons, but what would anyone cook in? I went to the office to get a second plate and some coffee mugs (there was coffee and a coffee pot, but nothing to drink coffee out of). I also had to get some dish soap and some dishwasher detergent, although you would have had to run the dishwasher after every meal, since there was only 2 of everything. After we unloaded and closed the door, we found leaves all around the entryway. We thought that we had tracked them in, so I cleaned them up (with my hands). Later, I saw more leaves, and then noticed the 3/4" gap under the door where they were blowing in. A chipmunk could have run in under that door. I reported that too, but it didn't get fixed the next day when we were out. There was also cold air blowing out of the fireplace. The beds were very comfortable, but about 6" higher than I can easily get into. Even my husband had a hard time getting into it. They had a laundry basket in the closet, which I found amusing. If anyone was staying there long enough to need a laundry basket, wouldn't they need more than 2 of everything in the kitchen? The hairdryer was also in the clothes closet. Why not just put it out where someone can find it? (like in the bathroom). One important negative - the bathtub is very slippery! My husband is partially handicapped, so this is a big issue. We bought a rubber bathmat to put in the tub. The extra toilet paper was in the main part of the bathroom (the toilet and shower are in a room by themselves). Why not just put an extra roll by the toilet? You certainly could not have reached a new roll from the toilet. They said they have an evening "light meal".

When we first got into our room, it looked nice and fresh. Shampoo, bodywash, and conditioner in dispenser on shower wall. Nice frig with ice maker. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Clean, but hospitality lacks
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Could not use fireplace, they never cleaned the room, called front desk they seemed to act like no big deal and I could come down and get towels if I wanted them. No empathy at all

The rooms have been updated.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Comfortable Stay
    • King Studio Suite

WiFi wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Right when you walk in, it is very comfy. It's nice that it's like an apartment style hotel. Private and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Roomy comfortable great for family

Breakfast was only OK

Room was large and comfortable. Pillows were fluffy, and beds were very comfortable. Liked that there were 2 bathrooms in my room since I was traveling with my whole family

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Front desk person (didn't get her name) stayed...
    • King Studio Suite

Shower gel dispenser was empty. Didn't mind the dispenser concept at all. Fortunately, my husband was able to bring the bar soap to me in the shower.

Front desk person (didn't get her name) stayed professional during a very hectic time period with several things going wrong at the same time. Staff (overall) was friendly.

Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of room to spread...
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

the garbage hadn't been emptied in the kitchen and found a large nail on the floor so I questioned how thorough the cleaning was.

Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of room to spread out which was great.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Family weekend getaway

No one came and got our trash and we had smelly pamper from my 1 year old son

The room was clean felt like an apartment. With the little mini kitchen. LOVE IT

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great experience at Sonesta
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

No room faub, had to have front desk let us in and I got charged for 2 nights and only stayed one night!!

The rooms were very spacious and loved the decor, excellent location and"happy"staff!

Nice room for big family
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

The breakfast was a good effort but eggs were always cold and dry and tasteless. Could of had more cereal choices. Would stay again if they improve breakfast also had a basketball court but only one basketball not good

We stayed in loft suite and with a family of eight gave us lots of room. Hotel was clean. Nice pool basketball court. Good location for mall of American and airport.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

The key system was down for our entire stay.
    • King Studio Suite

The key system was down for our entire stay. It was completely inconvenient to have to get staff to let us into our room every time that we went out and returned. I understand these things happen but I don't understand why they took so long to replace the system. After 2 nights, I was glad to move to another hotel where I didn't have this issue. I felt that there should have been some attempt to make up for the inconvenience. Instead, I felt like the staff thought they were the ones being inconvenienced, not the guests.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Nice place to stay.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was helpful. Felt very comfortable staying there. Will return again if there is a need to stay in the area and would recommend Sonesta to anyone.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Ok, but not great.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Bathrooms weren't cleaned well. Remodel did not have good craftsmanship. Paint splatters around and vent was falling off the wall. Kept running out of breakfast foods.

Beds were comfortable. Accommodated our large family.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Spacious but poor housekeeping.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Need to Quality check your cleaning service. I had to vacuum after checking in because the place had crumbs and dirt everywhere. Hair and trash in the drawers. Great layout and spacious but cleanliness needs to really improve.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

We've stayed here previously and will again!!
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The construction crews were sloppy--you needed to park further from room and left debris around to step over--some of the sidewalks definitely need repair--at night areas are dark and someone could easily fall or wild be difficult for seniors or handicapped individuals!!

I love the full size kitchens, sofa sleepers, good sized rooms and new decor in our Rooms! Inviting breakfast rooms, great breakfast and outdoor pool and basketball court! All staff we encountered over the four days were extremely helpful, friendly and professional!! Always offering to give further assistance if needed!!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

I will look for Sonesta in the next city I go
    • King Studio Suite

I would have liked a fresh shower curtain, and a well fitting faucet on the tub. A map of the facility in the room, would have been helpful, where was the laundry and the fitness room?

It was clean! They could use someone to trim the bushes raise the sidewalks so they are level and not settled, fix room doors and other maintenance. I saw two doing major repairs but they need someone to do these other things too. Not bad just it would give the place that extra touch for a finished product. I like how the suite was set up.The pool was great and the chemistry in the pool was good=no rashes from the water. Super CLEAN. Great personal at desk.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Comfortable, relaxing experience.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

That we couldn't stay longer.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was extremely comfortable, and the king bed was heavenly. Breakfast was better than most restaurants. The swimming pool was one of the cleanest I have seen. We had an excellent experience.

Everything besides breakfast was great.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

The breakfast was limited.

The room was clean, had plenty of space, and the beds were comfortable.

Convenient
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

The website gave the impression that all the rooms had a loft, disappointed my room wasn't

Convenient

Great!
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

My room phone wasn’t working.

The room was just like the pictures. Staff was friendly and helpful.

I booked a King Suit and got two full size beds instead.

I booked a King Suit and got two full size beds instead. Very upset

The place was cozy. Didn't get to try the fire pit. Would stay here again for sure.

More parking space.

It felt like being home.

We had a nice stay
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Ice maker in fridge was slow

Housekeeping and maintenance.
    • King Studio Suite

Housekeeping and maintenance. Need lot of improvement in cleaning room and providing towels and toiletries.

We were disappointed that upon our arrival at 6:30 pm that...
    • King Studio Suite

We were disappointed that upon our arrival at 6:30 pm that our rooms had not yet been cleaned and were not ready.

It was cold, set the temp to 71 and it didn't maintain...
    • King Studio Suite

It was cold, set the temp to 71 and it didn't maintain very well throughout the night

Fireplace only
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

It wasn't clean, there was some dead bugs in the bathroom and some spots on the bedsheets. Very old Building

Fireplace only

maintenance issues.

warm breakfast, nice beds, recently remodeled

Very comfortable rooms;
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Very comfortable rooms; cozy fireplace!🤗

kitchenette, living room, proximity to everything
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Under construction in places; breakfast selection was limited

kitchenette, living room, proximity to everything

Good stay

Full kitchen

Great Stay!
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The breakfasts were delicious and the staff in the kitchen were really friendly and helpful.

Pool wasn't open very often.
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Pool wasn't open very often. Reservation wasn't honored which was made 5 months prior to stay

Hot dogs and potato chips were the offering during the...
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Hot dogs and potato chips were the offering during the afternoon managers reception. Would have preferred a little more upscale offering.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Awsome

No firewood

Fun weekend
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Lots of room. Nice layout.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Excellent and very peaceful
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

There was nothing that I didn't like about the suite

The whole loft was Beautiful

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Excellent Choice!
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite was perfect for our group. We were in town for a wedding, and the space worked perfectly for us.

Reserved a king bed and received 2 queen beds.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Reserved a king bed and received 2 queen beds.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great place for a family to stay for an affordable price
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Some off the bathroom supplies were empty conditioner/body wash

We loved the loft and space all of the family felt as if we were home

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The comfy ness it made me feel

The comfy ness it made me feel

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Eh
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The room smelled like cigarette smoke and there was a cold breeze coming from the fireplace that didn't even work

The bed

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

For Minnesota hospitality! There the top people
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

They never brought toilet paper, and the complimentary breakfast was really not gpod.

The suites were amazing and the staff were beyond helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Personnel was friendly.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Shuttle service inefficient at best.

Personnel was friendly. Always rectified all problems we had..

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great place

Staff

Great bedding and clean

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Excellent customer service.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Excellent customer service. Quiet location, yet not far from the airport. Property is in transition, with upgrades still being made.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Free airport shuttle, very accomodating

Free airport shuttle, very accomodating

Never again

No sleep on sat construction from 8 am to 4 pm on the weekenf

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

The room
    • Queen Studio Suite with Fireplace

Unable to access the WiFI. No information regarding attractions or restaurants in the immediate area.

The room

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great golf weekend
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Bathroom really tight. Pillows were a little too hard/not flat enough.

Breakfast was great. Walking distance to restaurants was convenient.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Room size.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

Exterior door needed work tough to close

Room size. Breakfast beds

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

They have black maids that is unprofessional and will STEAL...
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

They have black maids that is unprofessional and will STEAL your property if you leave it in your room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Good place for price.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Some of the other guests were loud and inconsiderate.

The room was recently remodeled and had free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Very comfortable bed and a very clean room!
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

Very comfortable bed and a very clean room!!! I love that style

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Great breakfast and dinner included with yourstay.
    • Studio Suite with Two Queens and Fireplace

I hated having to leave! We were spoiled here!

Great breakfast and dinner included with yourstay. Great property

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Good location and rooms were great

Wi-Fi didn't work correctly

Good location and rooms were great

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

We will back
    • Two-Bedroom King Loft Suite with Two Double Beds and Fireplace

Ebriting was perfect exelent place comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The rooms were poorly stocked with silverware and glasses.
    • King Studio Suite with Fireplace

The rooms were poorly stocked with silverware and glasses. Also poorly stocked with toilet paper and paper towels.