Reviews of South Point Hotel Casino-Spa 4 stars

9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89183, USA

#49 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Deluxe Mid View 2 Queen - Non Smoking

The guy at the kids games refused to give my child the prize she wanted so we had to go and talk to him, unbelievable!!!

The whole nice simple easy ample ambiance

• Deluxe Mid View 2 Queen - Non Smoking

I would have expected a little more customer-oriented service. The staff did their job, but nothing extra.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Plenty of things to do at the hotel. The gym was nice.

Surprised Steak and Shake had relatively limited hours for Las Vegas

Didn't have to leave the property to be entertained. Convenient when you don't feel like heading to the main part of the strip or downtown.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the furniture in the room was broken, And room service the food was cold, when it should've been hot. The staff and Service at the hotel was great!

The staff, very friendly!

• Deluxe Mid View 2 Queen - Non Smoking

Location wise, this property is convenient located right off the freeway. However, it is about 5 miles south of the main properties at the vegas strip, About 10 minutes drive. So not convenient if one does not have access to a car.

Facilities included a movie theather, bowling ally, and a equestrian center. The property is also quiet and secure. Facility is clean. Crowd is more older, with a some families and children. Pool is not crowded or rowdy. No loud music. Parking is ample and free. Available shuttle to airport and strip.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are large and beds are comfy. Love the pool! Good place to stay with kids. They have bowling, movie theaters and an arcade. They even gave us a refrigerator and a 1pm checkout at our request. We enjoyed our overnight stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Horse slipped all over in barn was scary No TVs in barn to watch arena events Truck to big for parking ??? No Starbucks

Awesome hotel room and lots of pillows and towels , pool was beyond excellent Lots to do bowling Movies Arena

• Deluxe Mid View 2 Queen - Non Smoking

There is nothing that is disappointing at Sothpoint!

I eat at Coronado Cafe each time. I love their pork egg fu young! No one makes the gravy like them, fantastic!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Casino needed more staff to clean up the dirty ashtrays, used drink glasses and overall trash

Great check in staff and bell hop desk guys! Room was comfortable and the pool was amazing.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Not a lot... everything was where it should have been.

Great place to stay! Comfortable rooms, everyone friendly and plenty to do at the property. You can’t get bored here. The casino was pretty full the night I stayed, but you did not feel rushed or cramped. Great food too.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

resort fees, this is a bogus fee just to jack up the price. just because i don't use my reward card i never receive any perks but i still spend more the $2000 on my visit to south point.

Silverado restaurant is always excellent, buffet was great.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

A long walk to the elevators, especially from the covered garage.

The standard rooms are large and are very clean. I really don't think you can do better for the money. Hotel is only a short distance from the strip. Staff was courteous and the food was great too.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The walk from the parking garage to the hotel. I don’t smoke and have allergies. That walk was ridiculous! By the time we made our way through the smoke I needed my inhaler, my nose bled for three days and our clothes and hair smelled like smoke. They need to make an alternate route that doesn’t go through the casino. We were staying with our family to take our grandchildren swimming. For this reason I would think hard before staying there again even though it’s beautiful, the rates were good and rooms were great there are too many other options that I don’t have to deal with the cigarette smoke!

Great Property, good value. Rooms were great! They were spacious and the beds were very comfortable!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I inquired about a later checkout prior to coming and i recv'd a confirmation that it was approved at no extra cost in writing, but the hotel did not honor it. I knew that I had a very late flight on my return flight home, that was the reason for the inquiry. That bothered me a lot. Also, I did not win on the machines, bummer. Also, the smokers were in rare form.

I enjoyed everything. The Spa was very nice. You will totally ENJOY this part of the trip.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Quality and selection of the buffet food in my opinion can be improved.

I like everything about this hotel in terms of room accommodation and comfort. Good size bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothingagsin happy with our stay here

Warm welcome at check in, great staff, really clean, good facilities, good choice of restaurants. If you don’t want to stay on the strip consider Douthpoint.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a family in the rooms next and across from us they were very noises they kept running back and forth between rooms late nights and early mornings.

The atmosphere & the staff the rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable with a spacious bathroom with excellent restaurant and dinning experience.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like how for the price one pays for the room itself there’s no microwave or mini refrigerator. I for sure thought their would be.

I liked just about everything. So much to do in this Hotel. Gamble, bowling, movies, pool, gym, spa, buffet etc......

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed not comfortable. When looking out window, saw a wall

Our in room safe did not open. A gentleman came to fix it. He was timely and able to address the issue.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The representative at the movie theaters was very rude. We were standing in line and he was just looking around ignoring us until we finally got tired of waiting and asked for service. He then just had one word answers for everything and failed to give us our tickets after they printed, all the while just looking around, until we asked for them. Our bathtub was also clogged.

The rooms were very spacious, the pool was beautiful, there was a variety of restaurants of which we tried four and they were all excellent, the front desk agent that checked us in was very friendly, and the wait staff at the restaurants were very polite.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My reasons for staying at the South Point Hotel & Casino were value and location, being extremely close to the car rental agency and my point of departure for a trip to Death Valley. My evaluation is limited by the fact that I checked in very late (after midnight) and left very early the following morning, and as a result, was unable to make use of any of the many facilities available. The room was expansive, very clean, and quiet. Personnel were friendly and efficient, and check-in and check-out were quick.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I can't fault this hotel at all

The bed was very good, but the best thing about this hotel was that it had 11 restaurants ranging from expensive to affordable and there was a variety open 24 hours a day. So you weren't governed by set meal times. The valet parking was great as even if you came out in the midday heat you stepped into a cool car - what a bonus

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower did not work properly. As much water came out of the tub faucet as the shower. The hotel also was filled with grade school cheer leaders. They were everywhere. The pool was packed with them. The Casino was full of smoke. I am asthmatic.

The hotel room was pretty clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

More ventilation when you walk in to much smoke . Need another entrance where families can come though with kids and not be subjected to all that smoke . My daughter got sick and her asthma Started up

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This place was aweful compared to the Vegas Strip hotels. It smelled like cigarette smoke the entire time including our rooms. This is suppose to be kid friendly but the staff were very rude. We had a Cheer competition there and our girls had to witness several times drunk people just passed out on the casino floor. The pool hours suck. And our sink didn't drain in our hotel room. The shuttle is not worth it either! Don't Stay Here!!

The Garden Buffet was really good and had a wide variety of food, make sure to bring the coupon with you or they don't let you get a discount!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Got harassed by a white security guard.. tried to accuse me letting the kids watch slot machines.. while we were eating ice cream an waiting for my partner to return from the restroom. I pulled them aside to a quiet spot by the escalator entry to the movie theatre ... Racist wanker i feel.. trying to belittle me infront of the little ones.. was standing n waiting for less than 5 mins..

Spacious rooms... Clean environment ... Good pool area... Roomy Jacuzzi... Variety of food options..

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool store staff was not very friendly. They refused to sell my child goggles because they ran out of child size and only had adult, which she still wanted.

I liked that everything was reasonably priced and family friendly.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The video poker payouts could have been better. I guess that's why it's called "gambling" and not "winning"!

Zenshin Restaurant was the BEST!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was clean and rooms were fully functional. My room had a view of the mountains and a view of the top of the roof of the building next to me. The roof was spotless

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

TV selection could have been better (no MSNBC).

Food was great in restaurants we visited. Room was large for a standard room and at a very good price point.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a room overlooking the city and my room window was facing a wall.

Great location off the strip along with a fun and lively casino! Will definitely stay here again in October

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No concierge service long walk from entrance to elevators Rude staff in restaurants Nothing for visitors with kids Breakfast not suitable for people who don’t eat pork Not enough amenities in the rooms (no slippers or hand soap ) Housekeeping service takes forever and they have an attitude

Rooms are big Variety of restaurants

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

THE STAFF INFORMING ME THAT I HAD TO TAKE TOWELS THAT WASN'T MINE FROM A TOWEL RACK AND I WAS A NEW CHECK IN. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED PRIOR TO MY ARRIVAL.

THE4 TOWELS IN THE ROOM UPON CHECK-IN WAS SOILED. THE ATTENDANT STATED THAT I HAD TO TAKE THE SOILED TOWELS FRON THE RACK AND PLACED ON THE FLOOR.E WAS NOT MY TOWELS IN THE BEGAINING AND I DONT KNOW WHAT GERMS WAS THERE.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We did receive a notice about no water in the bathroom between 1am-5am. My better judgment recommended to my husband to change rooms to another tower. My husband said no, and at 6 am as we were getting ready for the airport, the water was not on. In the future I will just change rooms. Keep that in mind, ladies!

A very good price for a hotel in Las Vegas area! True it is not on the strip, but it has all the amenities and even more than most strip hotels without all the noise (casino, pool, theatres, bowling alley, horse arena). With just staying one night after our 1600 mile road trip it was great to relax, have a good meal, and watch a movie (a bargain for us at $4 apiece). I wish we had stayed longer; I would have booked some shows at the excellent price.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We waited forever to get waited on at the casino main bar. My biggest complaint is the noise (we're not huge gamblers, but the casino interior is LOUD) and the SMOKE! Not used to smoking indoors, and as asthmatic, it was gruesome. C'mon, Nevada!

Nice rooms. Love that there WASN'T carpeting in the rooms. Lots of amenities.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Really appreciated the friendly staff. It was much cleaner than other hotels I have stayed. Seemed to me that the noise from other rooms and the hall way was much less! My new favorite place!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved everything. There's nothing that I didn't like. The gift shop is amazing with all the alcohol lol, the room was great, the pillows were even better, all the facilities that are there are wonderful, the staff is very nice, the food is good, everything is great.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The dealers at the table did not seem very happy. One complained the whole time about how tired she was and just wanted to go home. One spoke to the pit boss in Spanish which I thought was rude. Several others we had just never smiled. One,his name was Barry, was delightful.

The bed was very comfy! The people in all the restaurants were great. The bartenders where very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The casino had a lot of different gaming options to choose from. The food was decent, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Expensive if you wanted to take shuttle to the "strip" which we decided not to do.

Room was so comfortable with view of the mountains. Registration was easy, elevators were frequent. Had a nice Mexican dinner there and watched a bit of a horse show and played some slots. Was easy to bring car back to rental early in the morning.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I suggest you provide at least two bottled water in the guest rooms since guests are thirsty after arriving and checking in to stay.

The facility was very nice and easy to locate places, I love the directional signs and staff esp at the front desk are very professional, courteous and respectful.The salad bar have plenty fo fresh food an well arranged and displayed

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

since I was there for the horse show only I was still charged the $21 facility fee but I didn't use any of the other accommodations. So I paid $21 for nothing.

I came for a horse show having the arena right at the hotel was perfect

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I was a disappointed about the "Steak Night" we had. All the steaks were not cooked to desired doneness.

I loved the fact that the group I was with could eat, drink, gamble, and find places to sit together and just relax with a beer in one place. I liked that there was other entertainments readily available on the property.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They closed the pool because it was a little windy. Other hotels pools were open, so we left after two days to go to other hotel which pools were open.

I liked the location. Choice of restaurant was good.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that i pretty much lost almost all my money on the slot machines. But I’m sure everyone experiences this anywhere. I didn’t like that some of the staffing were rude and unwelcoming...

I enjoyed the coupon book that was given first thing when you check in. It was nice to have some discounts considering how much gambling we were doing. I also enjoyed the size room we got. The king bed was perfect to end long and adventurous days. It was very clean and definitely non-smoking!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable, I actually needed a shower cap for once but there wasn’t one

Free parking, quick valet, shower head (as long as I don’t need to wash my hair), number of restaurants and the number of machines to make change was great!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We brought our own pool towels and pillows after reading reviews that they were stiff/both & too few/pillows (glad we did). Resort fee should cover common area in the spa, only covered gym. The shower was hard to operate with any premium results and awkward to use.

It was a good value for the money. A lot of things to do in the hotel. The coupon book was great!

Resort fee for a 10 hour stay

We stopped just over night on our way from Colorado Springs to our home in California. Convenience to a Tesla charging station and price were important to us. Convenience was excellent. Price was another matter. We were attracted by your low base price but were not aware of your $21 resort fee. If we were aware of the resort fee in advance we would have gone to a motel without the resort fee. Resort fee was not noted on the internet.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

can not think of anything

The staff is great...the variety of things is do is terrific...the selection of places to eat is surprising...our favorite casino...

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I had a staff member ask for my key (I guess they do that after a certain time) but I stayed around to see if he’d ask another and two other groups of people walked right passed security and didn’t have to show anything? And when I went to inform another security guard why am I being singled out and he said “well maybe they had their card out” which was false because I was standing there. It made me feel singled out and uncomfortable. If your going to ask for peoples room key ask everyone for their room key. Felt discriminated against.

Food was great, bathrooms were clean.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Lumpy pillows, dated decor, I had 2 drinks while gaming. Both were terrible! Bloody Mary spicy and a Vodka ginger ale. Undrinkable! How can you mess up those simple drinks???

Mountain view. The theater looked great but I wasn't interested in what was playing that night. Bowling also great idea to have in a casino.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air around smokers can be bad, and they are not all considerate. If you have favorite machines (I do), you just have to tolerate them.

The staff was fabulous. One fellow spent 15 minutes trying to fix my phone for me! I always have a good time here, and it is easy to get to and from airport and around on local buses.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was too cold. The pool was not heated as usual. I understand that the pool was in disrepair and was in the process of getting fixed.

I enjoyed my room location, the view, the cleanliness, and the amenities.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A domestic violence incident was happening very early in the morning and woke me up several times while I was trying to get my rest.

The rooms were very spacious with an amazing view. The staff was always there as soon we needed them

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Resort fee...and Luke warm Jacuzzi.... have been here several times and Jacuzzi is NEVER hot

All in one resort with plent of on site activities. Clean and well managed. Free parking is a plus...the fact you pay to park at other resorts is a joke.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed wasn't very comfortable, but not terrible either. It would be a nice addition to offer mini refrigerators in the rooms.

Beautiful hotel, and amazing staff. The facilities are fun for a family (swimming pool, bowling alley, movie theater, arcade). This hotel is off the strip, so I felt comfortable with my toddler there. The restaurant selection is very good too. Try the Chinese Food! Seriously, it's fantastic.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of cigarettes in the Hotel everywhere

I love the variety of the restaurants. The breakfast buffet was great, it had a good selection. I wish hotel offered free play for the guest who are staying at the hotel. parking was always in and out. Great

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It didn't like all the smoke in the casino I was down there Saturday night for about an hour and now I am really sick I'm going to the doctor today think I possibly might have pneumonia kids didn't like that the pool wasn't open when they went to go down there

The beds was comfortable the room was clean restaurants food was yummy

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Resort Fee at the end of the stay Hate to feel like someone is trying to take advantage of you with additional FEES, INFO from Google search "A resort fee is a daily mandatory additional charge that the hotel separates out from the advertised price. Consumer advocates equate this to paying a second room rate. The average resort fee is $24.93 per day. It can be more than the advertised cost of the room. There is no limit to what the resort fee can be."

Room was clean,

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool needs more shaded areas

Very family friendly non crowded environment. The casino floor did not have the smell of cigars like the casinos on the strip

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed in the deluxe 2 queen bed room. Loved how spacious the rooms were. We have 3 kids (2 if which sleep in a crib/pack and play) and there was still plenty of room for all of us! There were also plenty of great dining options...steak & shake’s are not very common in the western states so it was great to have that! wish it was open 24 hours.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little uncomfortable, and one woman at the check out counter was rude

The amenities offered at Southpoint are awesome. The casino was easy to navigate from getting to the parking lot to our rooms. Highly recommend. Also the other hotels I have stayed at in Vegas have always smelled like smoke in the non-smoking rooms, but I didn't smell anything.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Extremely smoky lobby Mandatory resort fee of over $20 dollars Loudly draining sink

Clean, quiet, and comfortable room Didn’t smell like smoke Free airport shuttle Hot shower

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Although in the desert, the pool temperature was frigid cold. There was no getting “use to it” Brrr

Breakfast at the Cafe was delicious and reasonably priced and the beds were comfortable and clean.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The fee to use the steam room.

There should be no charge to use the steam room and sauna and jacuzzi due to the huge resort fee! Also. Why do you need your ID to buy coffee? Yikes! Otherwise, all good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in room Snack bar staff at pool could use an upgrade. The waitress taking poolside orders never came to take our order. She passed us by 4 times on her rounds around the pool and never would make eye contact when trying to get her attention. The young man working the register was impatient. Just seemed like young kids with not a lot of customer service skills and / or they weren’t enjoying their job.

Room was very clean Maid was very attentive Easy checkout on tv

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was not comfortable. Cocktail waitresses were few. Played for over 2 hours & never saw one...in the early evening.

great place. neat & clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I the price was higher than usual. I like to stay at South point for the value. I almost cancelled my reservation because of the price. I most likely won’t stay on my next visit if the price stays that high.

Nice big rooms. Comfy bed. Easy to navigate the property.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I can think of is the light bulb in the bathroom was not working.

That it was out of town and children enjoyed pool, arcade. and we enjoyed gambling at nites, and enjoyed the buffet and cafe.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The smoke in the casino is hard on my lungs.

I loved all the restaurant choices and his excellent all the food was. Never had a bad meal. Love the horse facility

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I feel like they needed better restaurants in the hotel but going out to eat solves the issue.

The room was spacious. It was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Ventilation/heating system made the room to warm and dry, causing nosebleeds. Had to use dehumidifier. Missed having a refrigerator to store perishable medicine; had to improvise with ice bucket.

Large room and bathroom, Club membership for meal discounts.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much smoke as soon as we enter the hotel . It was hard to stand even for 5 mins during check in ‘coz of smoke .it was suffocating . It spread everywhere even while dining in the restaurant. Zenshin restaurant was really good. Rooms were clean nothing fancy. Beds were comfy too. Just the smoke threw me off

The long walk from the parking garage.

Good Purchase Value. Staff is friendly and customer focused. Extra perks and coupons provide added value to your stay with multiple dining options. Although the location is a few miles from the strip, the drive isn’t necessarily far and worth the travel time. I would definitely recommend this resort for a good time that is hassle free and pleasurable.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are dated and tub didn’t drain. Slot machines took all of my money. Price for room was very high. Hotel is far from strip.

We really like the free parking, and cleanliness. The buffet was very reasonable in price. And waitstaff was terrific.

Browse South Point Hotel Casino-Spa traveller photo gallery