Reviews of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village 3 stars

8601 Vineland Avenue, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32821, USA

#116 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Things I didn't like: 1.) The room was a bit tight for guests with family/kids. 2.)When we arrived in our room looks like they forgot to replenish our toiletries and no plastics in our trash cans. I didn't even bother to ask for it anymore since first of all, we were there for only a night. And good thing, I always bring our own toiletries just in case.

I love the friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the hotel, the breakfast buffet was awesome, the location and the price! This hotel is the heart of everything you want for a place to stay.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Magic kingdom was pack and over crowded on Wednesday the day we went maybe cause it was going to rain the next several day it was not fun to stand in line for more 30 mins to get on a ride for a 3 min ride not fun

Everything was close by Disney Spring and parks lots of food place to eat around the hotel

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

It was very hard to find parking at the hotel.

The area was convenient for shopping and dining. Also close to lots of attractions. The room was clean and spacious.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The only thing I would recommend would be that a few more choices for vegans and vegetarians be provided at the breakfast.

The staff was wonderful. They were at the ready day or night. The breakfast set the mood for the day, with the variety provided. The location and services for getting to Disney were outstanding, especially the free bus service to all of the parks. Rooms were clean, and cleaning staff made sure that they were in tip top condition when we returned from the parks. Overall, this was a great choice!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking can be a challenge later on in the evening.

Close to everything (parks, stores, restaurants etc.) comfortable beds, friendly staff, hot breakfast.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Our room was dirty . Items left in bathroom and food in fridge from previous people. Hair in shower. Only decaf coffee in room. Lay out is not family friendly. Room is actually like having one large area. 2 tv but hear and see both from entire room so not good for getting kids sleep. Tv was defective. If tried shut off one - the other turned on and Vice versa. Call for management but was told they were busy. Tried express our concerns at check out & front desk gal rude & blew us off. Gentlemen at front desk at night was wonderful for our check in . Was only one night and we arrived late from Disney so just slept. Breakfast ok but breakfast staff were excellent! Major mess by waffle makers & they’re hot , always on , so keep kids away. No warning signs for that. All in all - our first time there and our last . Way to many choices in Orlando to pay for sub standard quality. Surprised- Marriott usually great?!

Everything was fine

The opportunity to swim at 3 different pools due to it being a village, friendly and accommodating staff, distance from restuarants and Disney.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I dnt understand why no trash bags were available for the rooms for trash baskets. I think tge time for breakfast should be a little later to.

We really enjoyed the hotel the room was nice .and the staff was very nice.we will come back!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The layout of the room with the 2 tvs going u couldn't enjoy what you were watching and the pull out sofa was dirty also when u pulled it out there was no walk space

The pool was good but could use some maintenance broken cement ....and the shower was excellent great water pressure and very good temp of the water

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

If you can, splurge on the King Rooms. They are very comfortable for 2 people (even 4!). This entire property is phenomenal and it is a 10-20 minute drive from all 4 Disney parks.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Toilet had a leak, that wasn't fixed before we left so he had to put towles on the floor and the dust and mildew on the AC Fan was think and stunk, we sprayed Lysol to make it better.

Morris and Jessica where nice and helpful at checkin. Lobby was a bit messy. We had issues with the Shower Curtain, (fixed fast) and toilet leading (still wasnt fixed when we checked out) AC had MOLD on the fan, but all in all for the price, we were pleased

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything else was a bad experience. Would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! Also, Booking.com charges you about $50 more then the actual hotel rate and the hotel cannot make adjustments to the bill if booked through booking.com so I highly recommend not using this website to book your hotels

2 separate tv's in the room. One for me and one for the children.

Everything was perfect. It was a family trip and all are happy with the hotel. It is perfect when you have a complementary breakfast and all personnel are smiling around you (Debora in breakfast salon was always smiling and helpful) Rooms are big and beds are comfortable, they help you with shutter without extra fees. Parking fee is $dollar per night.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The other guest at the property feel to comfortable and self entitled, particularly tourist from out of state. Put some shoes on your kids during breakfast, have some decency.

Location. Conveniently located near parks, shopping, food and highways all nearby.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The set up of breakfast was very chaotic, and disorganized. Not much offered. The hot tub was broken,,and dirty. No attending staff anywhere to help in that area. Pool area very dirty with overflowing garbage cans. Turn off for the eyes.

The amenities and locations were good

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

When we checked in a man came up to me and told me they wanted to give me an "welcome present" . This present was 5-6 pages of something they wanted to sell me, tickets to Universal Studios and more. When I told them that I wasn't buying from them, they stopped smiling.........

Clean and good breakfast.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable! The pool area is nice as well as the playground and there’s a Starbucks! Having access to each pool in the courtyard is a huge plus!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

William at the front desk was so wonderful. He was so helpful and sincere. He went above and beyond to offer us tip and suggestions on where to eat and make the most of our trip to Universal.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom (Room 3456) did not have a functional vent which caused a lot of condensation to occur when I took a warm shower.

The support at the front desk upon arrival was very warm and accommodating.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

1/ Short time allowed for breakfast. 2/ No bar or cafe restaurant in the hotel. 3/ No special discounts for Disney or Universal studios tickets. 4/ No change in the breakfast menu.

1/ Location is good. 2/ Facilities sre OK. 3/ Breakfast is good.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The television had limited channels. The major basketball and baseball games were not showing well on room tv. It came in great at bar. I should not have to leave my room to sit at bar to watch the big games.

Clean

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Identifying how to display the entrance more clearer for arriving travelers. It was hard to identify the entrance, but easy to identify the exits.

I liked how close it was to restaurants. I like the ambiance of the area and ease of parking. The Marriott Village is a good idea. The restaurant was plentiful and had a nice layout for large crowds.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was extremely noisy. Windows were not sealed and they were facing the highway. The beds are small (smaller than regular queen beds) and not comfortable for two person. The couch was dirty and the extra bed inside was useless. The breakfast area is too small for so many people. Be there early to have a seat.

Close to Disney world. Many shopping and dining opportunities around. The pool area is also nice with a whirlpool and kids play area.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff was excellent. Facility is amazing the fact that you get access to all three hotels is phenomenal. Took the worry out of your day you just got to enjoy what you were there to do to relax and they took care of everything else.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

You have to pay 10 dollars a day to park at the hotel and if you buy food at the hotel they charge you a 5% service charge on your bill. Every day that we went back to the room our key would not work and we had to walk all the way down stairs with 3 kids to have the key rescanned to the room.

The bed was comfortable and it was a great location for Disney springs and the parks.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Rooms do need refurbishing either new carpeting or tile floors new furniture and extra towel bar in the bathroom in place of the picture

Breakfast was excellent so much to choose from. No reason to go hungry. Beds were comfortable

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom wasn’t clean.The bathtub was filthy.And it was a smell when we enter in the room

The staff was very friendly and welcoming .We were impressed

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I would like to commend Anny, she is one of the cleaners, for lending her cellphone to me to call my husband because I left my phone in the car. Really appreciate the gesture.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast had a great selection, everything was clean and modern, and it's the first hotel I've been to that actually allows you to use your streaming service, like Netflix or Hulu, directly through the TV.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

the tv only had a few shows and the desk was not needed

The breakfast was great the suite was sweet and the staff was nice and kind it felt like I was home or even better it felt like i belonged there.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I had asked for side by side rooms but when I arrived received rooms across from each other. When I showed the clerk my request and the confirmation stating it would be handled I was told I should have requested conjoined rooms. I was on a two week vacation with 8 others and the remaining hotels had no issue with my verbiage.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was very clean and comfortable. It was also quiet at night even though the hotel was full. our flight was delayed and disappointed we couldn't enjoy the pool and other amenities. Breakfast was amazing, wish we had more then one night. Thanks

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I don't think that I should be expected to pay $10.00 for parking. I could hear traffic outside the window during the night.

Good value for the dollar and the breakfast was a big plus.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Bath tubs were very small. In fact for for children. Only. Breakfast. There should be a change every day. You should check the Marriott properties in India. See the options and varieties. They change everyday. They even have live omlet station. Further we are vegetarians. Not Much choice here. So we have to eat cereals or bread everyday.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Our room was parallel to I4 so you could hear the traffic at night.

I like the location to Disney World and ease of access on and off I4. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were excellent! Having a microwave and little kitchenette was great, especially traveling with the children.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Bed was dirty upon arrival. Called front desk who replied “We will have someone bring new ones”. Which they did. No apologies though which was interesting. Showed the housekeeping staff member the funk caked on the blanket and between the sheets, nat on the pillow, etc and she didnt say a word just took the sheets off.

Location was ideal, nice size room, good value.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

This hotel was fabulous. Great hot breakfast, friendly staff, comfortable beds and located by shopping, restaurants and close to all Disney attractions. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The only complaint is not related to Springhill Suites however it affected our stay. The complaint is the local street agency was performing construction on the street outside the facility between the hours of 10PM! and 8AM! The combination of noises made it difficult to sleep!

The entire complex was excellent!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

there was nothing that i did not like

I liked the hotel was clean nice location. and i liked how it was set up with the gym open 24 hours and was very nice!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't like that booking didn't do my reservation with Marriott before my arrival so I wasted hours trying to solve something that couldn't been voided if booking would've done the reservation properly.

I loved everything about this location. The stuff was great and their customer service was amazing!!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Rooms could have been updated. The couch was very warn looking and the carpets looked dirty. Not bad for an overnight stay.

Reasonable priced. Rooms were ok, the breakfast was very good. Overall, I’d stay here again. Most likely not for a long stay but a night or two.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

...the people I dealt with getting a voucher to ride the bus to Animal Kingdom. The first time, they said they were changing shifts and we would have to wait, no apology, no "We look forward to helping you." The next morning, I arrived at 6:58. When I approached the desk, the lady, said, "We don't open until 7:00. You'll have to wait until I get open." A better response: "I'm sorry to hold you up. I booting up and look forward to helping you in 2 minutes." She was ready about 5 minutes later, with no greater joy than the first time. I wonder if that desk is a sub-contractor. It seemed they had a completely attitude than the others. My wife and I commented about how intentionally friendly others were. Two maintenance men on their way to a repair greeted us, asked us about our day and if they could be helpful. I suggest checking with the voucher desk and see if they need some retraining. They were a contrast from every other encounter while we were there. Thank you for a comfortable, enjoyable place to stay.

We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful — with ONE exception...

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Plastic silverware and paper plates. :/

Comfortable room and breakfast included was great! I wish you could just switch back to regular plates and silverware since the plastic and paper ones feel really wasteful. Other than that it was a really great option. Totally recommend to stay in a suite if you go with the family!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

-Air Conditioning unit in room was noisy, and too close to my double bed. I didn't sleep soundly. -Breakfast was a mob scene, as there were five buses of high schoolers; they were behaved and just being kids. Staff tried to be helpful. -Towels (especially face and hand at sink) could have been changed after 1st night, but we lived with it.

-Price was driver and most important for us, as we were visiting Parks, etc. -Proximity to Disney, Discovery Cove, Seaworld, etc. was great. -Availability to use 3 pools of 3 Hotels was helpful to us and our 10 yr. old granddaughter. -Staff at all locations ( Bkft., Pool, Bar & 3 Hotels) was polite, helpful, and positive attitude, which helped us enjoy facilities more .

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing. I guess I dont like the fact that there was nothing I did not like.

Everything. It was an awesome experience. Location was close to every place that I need to go. My wife and daughters loved it. I will definitely go back there anytime I am in florida.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

That it was our honeymoon night and We asked for a king bed and a view of the pool. We got two double beds and a view of the parking lot. I was so disappointed

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I have no idea where to begin, room service was a fiasco! After waiting 1 1/2 hours I had to walk to the “restaurant” to get our food, which they did not have. I was assured by the manager it would be removed from my bill, and it was but. Simply a disaster. My husband awoke to the feeling of being bit by something and had welts on the backs of his legs.

The hotel looked nice from the outside. The free breakfast was nice and offered lots of options.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking was tough. I got in at night and the place felt sketchy. Wasnt clear where to go or how to get to the right hotel after parking because we had to park the other side and walk a mile after walking 20000 steps that day! Booked Springhill and was actually reserved Fairfield!!!! That part was very frustrating, was I downgraded? The walls were really beat up - chair rail, more durable hall surface? The hall lighting was dreary.

Clean, not super clean, but clean enough where I felt comfortable.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

My room had a strange “odor” and I complained twice but, no one ever followed up. Also, I stayed in a building where I had to walk through a back pathway behind the pool to my room and the two garbage containers I walked by on a daily basis were constantly overflowing.

The staff were friendly and professional.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Close proximity to Disney Springs/Magic Kingdom/Epcot! Easy access to hotel off I-4 after long days spent at the parks! Restaurants within walking distance!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Shower curtain was too short and kept hanging out of bath tub. Breakfast: Limited variety of cut up fruit. Limited amount of hard boiled eggs, ham or cheese. Hard time to get a table to eat breakfast around 9 am No coffee after 8 PM on reception area.

Bed was comfortable. Microwave and fridge came handy. Good coffee. Nice pool.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Although it is a plus that breakfast is included, the room was mobbed full of people and the food is basic hotel breakfast buffet. The couch in the room was quite worn and carpeting in room was also worn, but then again I've come to expect these issues since it is a heavily occupied hotel all year round.

The room was decent and the bed was comfortable. The pool area was nicer than other hotels I stayed at during my Florida travel. There are many restaurants and shopping within minutes of the hotel. Lake Buena Vista is definitely a nicer area to find a hotel than other areas.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

One thing I really dislike is that there is no place to charge your phone by the bed without unplugging the phone or clock. Also, the clock was very dated. We had to charge our phone in the other part of the room and it just felt inconvenient. The tub also had some sort of red powder in the bottom. There needs to be more toaster in breakfast area or spread out. That area felt very crowded. When taking a shower sometimes the water would get extremely hot. I would be careful with little ones.

Breakfast was awesome. They had a lot of great choices for food and beverage options. We loved the pools and that we had 3 to pick from. One of them is an inside outside pool. Really find. Decor very cute. Loved our kitchen area.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was helpful and pleasent. The breakfast was great. We enjoyed the ease of transfer to the dissney park.There is nothing we didn't like.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was with a moisture smell, the room wasn’t really clean. But by the time I contact the reception they changed my room, but the other was the same. The bed was not comfortable.

No safe in the room.

The breakfast was standart. I was expecting a parcel from Amazon and the hotel has an office that is dealing with deliveries for a small fee.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The rooms are excellent but are starting to show their age. Some updating would go along way.

Recent renovations to breakfast room and lobby were very nice

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The Wifi was horrible, couldn’t use it. Had to use my AT&T. And also guys from Sheraton calling the room every now and then wanting to market their place.

The park between the three hotels. Good place for kids to unwind.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

This place was definitely worth it. Nice staff, clean and big rooms, perfect location for vacationers, great amenities. The breakfast is more than you expect and the price is definitely a steal of a deal.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Room is too small. Carpet towels linen dirty and has a smell. Didnt have a fresh feeling. Very very disappointed

Nothing. One of worst stay. Dirty and smelly room and linen.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Great breakfast buffet. Rooms were clean and had lots of towels. Staff friendly and helpful. Other restaurants within walking distance. Used as a base to visit Disneyworld for several days and it was convenient for that.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The customer service and the service at the marketplace. As someone who manages customer service, Marriott needs to offer better training to their employees you cant set up your employees for success without offering the tools they need in order for them to provide quality customer service. Also their needs to be a little more sense of urgency. I'm not saying drop what you are doing but a little more urgency would be appreciated. The cleanliness of the property needs to be better lots of water damage throughout the building. Overall I give it a 6/10.

I like the location, you are able to use all the pools within the marriott village that includes the courtyard and Fairfield hotel.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Very clean rooms and breakfast area always well stocked and clean. Pool area was clean. Our room wasn’t ready on time...had to wait two hours to get into room. The staff worked with us and took one night off of our final bill.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Handicap parking, overall distance to walk to entry, didn't give military discount, was an availability issue, still had the room but no military discount.

Breakfast not great, but was filling and passable.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

We booked weeks before the trip they gave are room away sent us to the hotel across the street was not the same quality...the room was not like what I wanted tv never worked until last morning...breakfast was not very good

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The only thing I don’t like of this trip was, In floor 3 someone was smoking marijuana. And my daughters was asking what is the bad smell that came to our room!!! We let our room alone for a few hours for that smell

Ok!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Check in and Check out, maybe more Employees instead of just one working the desk. There was like 4 to 5 families waiting to check-in when we arrived and the same when checking out.

Excellent Location to Restaurants and Shopping Mall. Clean, Comfortable, and Large Rooms. Very Spacious and a Tv for the kids and a TV for the Adults.

Tried to get fobbed off at reception for rooms not being ready despite them being booked 8 months in advance Air conditioning was deafening No baby changing facilities

Location was very good

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Drainage in shower did not work the first day, and sure enough there was gunk galore in the shower drain. After I pulled it out (YUCK!) shower worked fine. I have no idea, why the cleaning staff didn't notice this. Also the shuttle service could run once more and it was late - it was a bit confusing finding the return shuttle as it was double parked.

Room space was good, and great to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I did not like having a live snake in my room and not being contacted by management.I called the front desk twice before they sent someone to remove the snake.I feel like this property felt that this was not an abnormal thing to happen.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't like the breakfast. I didn't like the fact that the hotel room looked nothing like the picture. I didn't like the fact that we had to switch rooms because the first room we had was not clean.

I liked the pool and the location.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

It was a little confusing to get to the location but never got lost using google maps.

The location was great for going to Disney. The free breakfast saved us lots of money. The staff was very friendly. We stayed at Springhill suites but since it was in the Marriott village, we got to take advantage of all 3 hotel amenities.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom seemed a bit outdated. Everything functioned perfectly, but it didn’t match the modern feeling of the rest of the room.

I am still quite young but the staff treated me with respect, unlike many of my other encounters in customer service. The staff was also very helpful as this was my first stay at a hotel.

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Looooove the breakfast here! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are uniquely laid out and this time the room was more spacious than other times. The bathrooms are big as well. I always love staying at this hotel. Always look for it when booking for my Orlando stays. It’s super close to Disney world and it’s a great value for your money. Overall awesome!

• Two Double Beds Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is good but not varied, the same everyday. Extremely busy during spring break season with many school groups

Nice kids friendly Pool and jacuzzi, clean rooms, free shuttle to Disney, we could use facilities of 3 Mariott hotels of the village