Reviews of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Detroit 3 stars

8280 Merriman Road, Romulus, MI 48174, USA

#5 of 26 hotels in Romulus

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

upon arrival front desk person went in the back and stayed until I said hello. Shower and shower head dirty had pink and grey dirt. My wash cloth had long hair on it. Did not replace drinking glasses with clean ones in the room. I searched for the cleaning lady for at least twenty minutes just wanted to change towels her cart was down the hall two rooms open no cleaning lady. When got on the elevator she was coming from the 4th floor with another cleaning lady complaining. Should the staff ( kitchen workers,cleaning people and front desk eat before the guest has finish? Lastly why do you charge $3.00 for a $1.00 candy bar. The staff here is very unprofessional. Will not return

It is close to my relatives

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Drove 3 hours, get our room, none of the keys are working. 4 room keys later we are finally get in our room, fridge was unplugged laying on floor, toilet filled with poop and paper towels, they then moved us rooms, we get in it and the lights didn’t work in it, even with room key inserted in key hole. By this time we get aggravated and decided and to go eat at a restaurant which the closest was 25 mins away, we get back to the hotel and our room key does not work again, get a new one after being let in a couple times by the manager with a master key, he gets us a new key still does not work. Finally get into our room, swam with the kiddos, we had to leave the pool area early, 4 couples brought bottles of wine and beer into the pool and hot tub, had loud music playing, get to our room and the room next to us had loud thumping music all night. We had to call down 3-4 times to request them to have them turn it down, at about 2am with the neighbors slamming doors and playing loud music again, and waking up our child, my husband goes down to complain. We had to get up at 6am, so we had no sleep. We pay for a room to relax and get some rest and could not even do this. I was very disappointed. We also Check our bank account, room was 109.00 and they charged us 150.00. To say we’ve had a good experience is an understatement....I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I’m highly mad I paid 150.00 for this room to not get any rest and have to travel back home 3 hours with no sleep.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was never enough for the guests staying at the hotel. Selection was poor with cold bakery items. Coffee was always out with no taste.

Beds were comfortable. Shamain the lady serving breakfast was really nice and helpful.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast staff very rude, slow, always waited 30+ minutes for empty items to be refilled. Room was dirty. Spots on sheets, dusty and cobwebs. Desk was sticky from something that was spilled and never wiped. Mirrors were spotty. Stains on carpet.

Size of room, shuttle service, toilet and shower separate is convenient for bigger groups. Gym looked nice.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was good for a free breakfast. We had to wait for more paper plates and I wish there was fruit. The waffle maker is always a hit so it would of been nice if there was more than one.

Staying as a family of 5 the room size was perfect. Because of the small pull out sectional couch 2 of my kids were able to have their own space while my 3rd daughter got to have a full Queen. The beds were comfy and the room was modern and pristine

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't like how small the pool area was since I was having a birthday party for my daughter and her friends.

I loved how friendly everyone was including the cleaning staff.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Very small pool that was packed over capacity. House keeping knocked om our door at 7:50am to start cleaning. Checkout is at 11! When I went downstairs I saw them in the next room relaxed on the bed and offixe chair playing on their phones eating. I went back downstairs a half hour later and they were still just hanging out in a room they should have been cleaning.

The room was spacious for my large family

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pool was having maintenance done so we couldn’t swim, but the front desk attendant connected us with the nearby Fairfield to use their pool.

Room was clean and very spacious. Two queens and pull out sofa with plenty of room. Plugged my ROKU into the TV to watch movies. Large tile shower stall. Sliding doors for bathrooms. Separate rooms for toilet and shower. Airport shuttle was prompt.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We felt like we were being pushed out of our room by maid service. First they knocked and asked when we would check out. Then within 15 minutes maid service walked in our room. I mentioned this when I checked out and she really didn’t acknowledge or even look at me. Breakfast was aweful. Will not stay here again.

Location to airport.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Extremely poor service. After the first night the room was cleaned but the beds were not made. After the third night the room was not serviced at all. The front desk was not particularly sympathetic, at a minimum I would have expected a contact and apology from the manger the next day but on check out nothing was mentioned, I was not even asked how my stay went. I have never stayed at a Springhill Suites and first impressions count. There are plenty of other options on the same street which I have stayed at without these problems.

Nice size room and comfortable bed.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Customer service was the best. Great recommendations, suggestions, helpful in all aspects. Will being staying at this hotel, whenever I'm in the city.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The pool was small and had a lot of kids already in it so we had to end up going without.

The beds and pillows were extra comfy, the sofa bed was good size. Plenty of room for the kids to play around. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was not clean. The bathroom was disgusting, baseboards in room 225 were visibly dirty, the fridge smelled rotten, coffee maker still had coffee in it.

The bed was very comfortable

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

When i booked they said i could pay with cash or card. But when i got there i couldn't pay for it with cash so it was very inconvenient because I had to ride around to find a bank to put the money on one card then come back to the hotel to pay for it. I feel as if it was false advertisement

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Our biggest issue was the sign was not visible from the street, therefore we missed it twice, it became stressful, it's far back from streeet. A little notice would have been good.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Only issue I would address is that the bathroom could have been a little cleaner. Shower head looked as if they haven't been cleaned and there was some mold in shower on wall

The property was nice, clean, modern lobby and easy to access. Breakfast was nicely prepared the staff was nice, well mannered and attentive to guess needs. Restaurants within walking distance and not far from the interstate.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Needed help with TV-remote wasn't working--front desk staff was helpful, but very busy since she was working alone. She was very friendly and helpful, but she shouldn't have been left working alone at a peak time like that on the weekend.

Suite was big enough for 5 of us (3 kids+2 adults). Son really liked the pool. I liked the shower/bathroom setup. Very nice location too & close to airport. Very clean, upscale hotel. Got a decent price for a suite.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Room size and lobby was very convenient. Additional computer station with printer in the lobby was useful.

A unique and convenient room setting, although toilets were bit small. Bathroom door lock was missing. However, overall good size room for family and supportive staff.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff was terribly rude. The housekkepers were wonderful. Front desk was rude and lazy and breakfast was not well planned and tbey were rude as well.my tub drain had no plug there was a wad of hair in the drain visible enough to have been cleaned and i used a rag to stop it up to take a bath the rag became very dirty.

Decorated nicely comfy bed nice layout or room and hotel

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Hotel sits next to the Detroit airport. We did not notice the air traffic while in our room but there was a family with children in the next room who were running and jumping off the furniture and being very loud. We could hear the kids arguing and squealing as they played. The parents didn't seem to be around,occasionally you could here an adult tell them to be quiet. This went on until late in the evening. Hotel staff did say something to them after a call to the front desk but it didn't help. If you stay here don't count on your room being a quiet place to relax. The walls are very thin. The pool is very small and more of a soaking tub not suitable for swimming a lap also the water was very cold.

Room was a nice size for a family and the beds were comfortable. The room was clean and well maintained.

Small breakfast area with way to many people trying to make breakfast.... Pool was also small and the smell of chlorine was very strong.

Beautiful room... Comfortable bed... Plenty of space

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was confusion regarding our reservation to park, ride, fly. I would recommend calling the hotel directly to confirm.

The location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The beds were great but the pull out couch mattress was very poor.

The rooms were all very modern and updated. Loved the separate shower room, very handy with a family.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The only thing we did not like was noise level. Whether it was the way it was constructed, or whatever, but the room was not sound proof at all. However, I would choose this place again!!!

Everything about the place including breakfast was great!

You are the best

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

So bad breakfast,,,,,,coffee,,,,, unfriedly staff..... uncomfrtable bed.....

none.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The gal was awesome and it was very late! N

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing everything was to my liken

The friendliness of the staff was amazing

Efficiency of the room

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The decaf coffe was cold, otherwise, everything was great!

Spacious and comfortable rooms, toilet seperate from shower. Staff great!

The rooms weren’t clean

The pool

The pool

Its non smoking

The shower &the bed

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Fresher food and patience with servers

Not good breakfast They were in a big hurry to get done almost pushing us out of the breakfast area

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff has been inconsistent. The room is fine, but not much attention to any detail at all.

Generally nice, airy room. Great location.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Spacious rooms, shuttle service so convenient. Breakfast is grab and go👍

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Guests in the room beside us and on the floor above were noisy.

Large and comfortable room.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I always stay here when I come to Michigan. Love the professionalism.

Echo friendly

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The mattress was not very supportive

Very clean and appeared newly remodeled

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The arrangement of the room provided space to spread out.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast bar was running out of food 45 minutes prior to end of breakfast.

Proximity to airport, shuttle bus, room configuration for family.

Ok

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pool was very very small and night desk clerk was rude

Rooms were good size and beds comfy

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We had an early flight. It would be nice if they had breakfast items available.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

tell people about the lights when booking into hotel

everything was excellent

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Food could have been refilled in a timely manner especially when you are running on a schedule

Food was good beds were amazing

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Spacious room, indoor swimming pool, small but useful gym.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Poor breakfast. Small pool

Room lighting

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The pool was really dirty and the staff didn't seem to care.

The room was fabulous. Spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Bar downstairs was staffed by the same person as the reception so she had to run back and forth

New and updates

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Toilet had sliding door Pullout not real comfortable for sleep

Location Room was nice size Slept 4 adults Quiet

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Cleaning and comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The receptionist tried to fool me and give me a different room than the one I choose.

I like the clean rooms and the size of it

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The breakfast

The room layout and comfortability

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Mold growing on shower tiles was disgusting and inexcusable for this type off motel!

New facility so everything was up to date. Nice room size.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The pool room had so many chemicals in it everyone's eyes were burning including other guests it was hard to breath in there and there was a leak in mens bathroom i told the fron staff and nothing was done the tv in the room had bery poor picture quality and being that it was new year's eve and college football playoffs were on it was hard to watch and the battery cover on the remote was broken and also there was no toilet paper on the role and the shower and mirrors were dirty so over all im not very happy and when we got there it was me and two 7 year old daughters and my 13year old son who are very calm and i was told there will be no warnings if we have any complaints you will be kicked out so lets just say not a very nice place to stay

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

housekeeping came into our room while we were sleeping once, and then came back shortly later both times just barging right in. The do not disturb sign wasn't on the door but it was 8 am, I didn't think they would come that early.

the front desk staff was really nice and accommodating. The hotel was beautiful and we enjoyed staying here

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

too simple breakfast

Clean, newly renovated building condition Change bed sheets everyday Free shuttle bus between airport and hotel Very kind staff

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The room was like a mini apartment rather than a typical hotel room. Liked the separate toilet/mini sink room. The sliding doors on the shower and toilet room did not waste space.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The only thing we did not like was our room smelled of urine. We did not complain or ask to change rooms. Other than that, lovely room.

Great room, good tv, close to everything we wanted.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

It was Saturday on Memorial weekend so it was busy and loud. Pool is really very small and was crowded. Breakfast items are in a small hallway so it gets crowded and it takes time to fill your plate.

Nice spacious and clean room. Great for family of 5 because 2 comfortable queens and 1 sofa. Also small fridge and microwave with food items to buy at front desk.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

the manager was so friendly and told me about the stay and park

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Excellent room Fantastic manager Good deal with parking

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Staff was very helpful. Great park and fly program!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

The pool was full of chlorine the breakfast was bad the room was smelly

The staff was very nice ...especially ted the frobt desk agent

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

The house keeper

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Very friendly

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

To close to the airport

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The sofa bed was broken.

Clean bathroom and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

All was fine

Comfy beds, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Hotel need a butter kitchen More hot food

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.