Reviews of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Newark International Airport 3 stars

652 Route 1 and 9 South, Newark, NJ 07114, USA

#6 of 18 hotels in Newark

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Booked the hotel for an overnight prior to our cruise. Travelling with 4 kids the primary reason was the pool and location. It was not disclosed the pool was being cleaned. no pool at all. Big let down. Had we known we wouldn't have booked. Staff let us walk across the street to the other hotel and use their pool. Otherwise great place.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff was rude and impatient. I picked up a water to bring it to the counter and the young lady behind the counter yelled, "you have to pay for that". It was very rude and unnecessary.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I did not like the location due to the inconvenience of getting to the hotel. The GPS kept us going around the highway just to find our hotel.

I wasn't expecting this area to be quiet considering it to be so close to the airport. I had a good night sleep.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

the lack of anything within walking distance, you really do need to drive everywhere and at breakfast you have to use disposable plastic plates and cups, seemed very wasteful.

The Room was clean and conformable, and the free airport shuttle made it easy to get around and to get to the city.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Paying for parking is a turn off. Im paying to sleep in your hotel, you really going to charge me for parking - BULL Staff forgot wake up call !

Right next to the airport

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

We had organised another shuttle (25.00 dollars) that would take us direct to the terminal, this was done through the reception. It turned up and didn't have enough seats nor could take our bags. After discussing with the early morning reception staff she sorted it out and we ended up back with the springhill shuttle service and he took us all the way to the terminal (which he doesnt usually do) thank you so much for helping us all out that morning.

We stayed for one night to catch an early morning flight. The check in was easy, . We had a bit of a hiccup with the shuttle service but the shuttle driver was courteous and got us to where we had to be=thank you!! The room amenties were spacious and clean. I liked they had a little 'snack shop' downstairs that helped with late night munchies!

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Staff couldn't find my booking online for two times in a row and i had to wait for 20 mins holding up the line.

The breakfast was warm as expected.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The pool was my favorite part of the entire stay. It was actually open, clean and fun. Me and my partner had the pool to ourselves. They even had a laundry room, computer room, and special computers to just print out your traveling itinerary and flight tickets.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Excellent breakfast buffet, 24 hours coffee and tea, premium sheets, swimming pool, gym, computer room, vending machine, most of all friendly staff. You feel at home. I recommend this hotel and would consider it next time.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

When I asked desk person to call me a cab, an unmarked vehicle showed up. Charged $55 to the cruise terminal. Another person from hotel next door arrived about the same time in marked cab. Their bill was MUCH less. Desk person colluded with ghost cab to rip me off. Not a good move, hotel. That practice has to be eliminated!!!!!!

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The room had a lot of stains on the carpet, so overall the cleanliness wasn't up to my expectations. Also they said when my husband called that they don't do long-term parking (even though in the reviews it stated they did), what they failed to tell us on the phone was that was done through a third party at the hotel and that it had to be done prior to checking in. Thankfully the Fairfield hotel next door was able to accommodate us and it was cheaper than the third party at the hotel!

The room was large enough with 4 adults and one child to feel comfortable. There was a mini fridge and small coffee maker which was nice. Also, you could set up the night before to book a time for the shuttle to take you to the airport. I appreciated that as it took the stress off of trying to rush in the morning to do it or to have to wait a for a shuttle to arrive.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Carpet was dirty around the mini bar fridge area. The sofa had stains which were obviously not removed thoroughly enough. The black out blinds were torn and had holes..Signage for driving to the entrance of the hotel could be clearer.

Bed was comfortable. Didn’t have too much interaction with staff but seemed pleasant enough. Breakfast was decent.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The bed was Very Hard 😔 I expected a nice soft bed like a cloud. It definitely was not! There were black hairs everywhere! Rather disturbing! There were the small black hairs in the bed-GROSS! And there were visible hairs on the carpet floor and in the bathroom too. And the Breakfast staff- horrible! Especially one person. She was rude and totally unacceptable! She pretty much ruined my experience at this hotel. I will not be returning. If I could rate this hotel lower than a 3.3 I would!

The front desk staff were pleasant and friendly.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was clean and ready when we arrived. It was quiet and comfy. In the morning the coffee and breakfast available helped us to make our way to the airport.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Complicated route from the airport. Google maps guided me to different location. Staff messed with with my two separate bookings.

Two separate beds were convenient.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

When we checked in to the room there were stains on the floor and the couch was ripped up in the bottom corner. We booked a room with a pull out couch since we have a large family. There was no sheets or bedding for the pull out and it was disgusting! It had huge blood stains on it!it's already late at night, my baby already passed out so we couldn't change rooms, and they barely apologized and said we dont have to pay parking and they will give us $20. I literally had to sleep with 3 people in a double bed (full) because of this. Then we go down to get breakfast and 10 min before they are supposed to close they already start closing one of the doors, and clearing things out! There also was no coffee beside decaff since we got there 30 min before they closed breakfast. Terrible customer service.

We did not like anything about this hotel. It was a huge disappointment.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Although staffs are helpful in the late night check in but the payment could not be made by cash just because the clerk at the time could not know how to operate the system in changing the payment from authorized credit card to cash.

Good location and convenient from EWR airport especially for the late arrivals

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Good and quiet environmental not far from airport staff very helpful and rooms were clean shuttles bus staff were lovely they gave us extra time to check out on request.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The pool was not in any condition to be open to the public! There was a school trip in that night and made having breakfast impossible. The pull out bed had stains on the sheets and mattress. Ended up using spare sheets on couch cushions.

The added space in the room as well as the kitchen. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The location of the hotel is off the grid. The address is 3 miles off from the location. Swimming pool need maintenance. Water is dirty.

Variety of food to choose from. Coffe is great.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff the room i cleaned my own room i had to ask for things myself such as tissue trash bags clean towels... And the staff was really nasty with me i had to leave and had nowhere to go because everywhere else was booked and they told me they are not giving me my money back and had some form that states they can kick me out if i had too man people but my guest were leaving and i never saw that form and also thry put me in the wrong room and i was told they would fix it but they didnt

The breakfast

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Water in the swimming pool was dirty. Jacuzzi was not working. The room we stayed looks bigger in the picture, but tight for a family room.

Clean rooms. Breakfast was good.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel was very hard to find. Upon our arrival I was told I needed to book directly with the hotel if I wished to leave my vehicle parked there while I traveled. Because I booked with booking.com I did not reserve a parking space and they had none to offer.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The fact I paid 380 for a room that was only supposed to be 240 for one night i think is ridiculous. Also breakfast didn't start on time which was also inconvenient for people who was trying to get a bite before a flight. Also I was told that the reason for the sea was because if you get any complaints you will be kicked out and they don't deal with the loud environment but my stay at the hotel it was a very loud environment which is why I really don't understand why I was charged this $140 fee.

place is really nice and clean

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Pull out couch was A little uncomfortable.

The breakfast was great. So much to choice from. I wish I could take the mattress and comforters home I slept like A baby.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The location that is listed online takes you to another hotel which had to reroute me back to the actual location of the hotel. They need to have this updated so people can find the hotel.

The room had enough space for my whole family of 6.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Nothing the Marriott should include incidentals when you book your room I book my room 3 weeks prior and I had an issue when I checked in on Feb 24 2018. I felt like I was mislead and I went through the booking website I hope in the near future your company would implement the incidentals when you book a room. Thank You

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Nice comfy beds n pillows, also I forgot forgot my C-pap along with pain meds. It was turned in and assist. GM Chris Livoti Overnighted it to me. Got it the next day!

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

There was a snow storm and the reception desk said there was a restaurant within a five minute walk. The store was just next door. Well, I went out in the storm and could not see what she was talking about. We were tired from traveling and she sends us out in a storm. Really! If she was talking about other hotels this should be explained. There were no stores or places to eat in sight. So we had to wait in line again to buy 31 dollars of frozen food from the hotel to put in the microwave.

The bedding was nice and breakfast was a pleasant surprise.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Great experience staying here prior to an early morning flight from Newark. Pull out allowed plenty of room for a family of 5. Hotel was clean minutes from the airport and super affordable. Breakfast make for a super convenient time getting to the airport with young kids.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Nice place and nice staff. My only issue was with the bar staff who over charged on drinks & applied their own tip on my account for their efforts. Slow service at breakfast I.e. You could be finished breakfast before someone wanders over to you to see if you want coffee. Excluding these issues the staff and hotel is super.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I was going to have a swim in the pool, but it was crowded with loads of kids messing about and screaming so it wasn’t for me , I just wanted a quiet relaxing swim, I tried at different times but it was always over crowded . Breakfast was ok, not much choice in hot food, just scrambled eggs burgers and salsa, waffle machine had a large queue of kids at it, so didn’t bother.

Room was extremely clean and very spacious. Bed was huge and very comfortable. Brilliant location for the airport with free shuttle .

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I didn't enjoy that the hotel was a party hotel and when I arrived with a cake and balloon to surprise my boyfriend I was hounded by the Hotel manager and he actually took my thing and told me I had to keep them in hotel common area. I explained to the manager that he was meeting me here and I intended on surprising him. Still nothing ! keep in mind we are adults. The continental breakfast was horrible. There was a huge crowd of people every morning and it was very chaotic and breakfast staff was very rude ,but I guess they had to be with that crowd. (we stayed 2 nights) . And finally the jacuzzi and pool area .... i'm guessing the guest came and dirtied the pool and jacuzzi we didn't get to enjoy it because the second day it was closed for disinfecting. my boyfriend and I really had a great weekend because we made the best out of a mediocre situation, but even with the discounted price that was not worth the money.

I really enjoyed the room itself very nice.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

A bit pricy, compared to other hotels near the airport.

Closed to airport, shuttle to and from the airport is available every 30 minutes. Very good amenities, gym is very basic, great breakfast.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Cleaning staff forgot in 3 different days to clean up or to vacuum or to dust the room at the same time the cleaner that forgot all these details always gives attitude.

Nothing at all

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff of the restaurants in the mornings look mad angry with the people at the breakfast time, they should be more sociable!

Comfy beds and great services!

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Staff didn’t communicate well with us. We asked for towels multiple times and never received them. Parking was $12 a night which is ridiculous if I’m spending all that money a night for a room.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The jacuzzi was broken after being told that it works. There may have been too much chlorine in the pool. The breakfast didn't have much varity

The room was large and clean. The front desk was attentive and nice. My daughter was discharged from the local hospital and couldn't travel, so we stay here for Christmas. We had a great time and enjoyed the time together.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Beds a little hard, coffee, no ability to charge devices at bedside, shampoo offered

Friendly staff, free shuttle, good breakfast choices, clean, ease of getting to EWR and NYC

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

When we only found out in our last night that we can order food and deliver it from outside.

Spacious room and very nice staff especially the cleaning lady. I love the free coffe 24/7, the free shuttle bus.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

What could be better is that the facility have free parking. I am not sure why this facility don't accommodate this. The buffet was great there's just one hiccup. They serve a meat item which one is pork and the other is non-pork (turkey) the breakfast sausage. It doesn't make a difference if you don't separate the two items, the guest as well as the servants are using the same utensil for both food item. For anyone that does not eat pork this will not make a difference.

What I like about the place is that I came to relax and it was great, for there to be a number of children I saw at the facility there weren't any noise throughout the hallways. The staff were very welcoming. If there's ever a time I want to just do a quick get away again, this location I will keep in mind to choose again, especially if my concerns can be address far as parking and serving the pork and non pork food items separately. Thank you, AA

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

With 3 sister hotels between freeways I expected there to be a restaurant that we could walk to and have dinner without needing to take a cab across town.

The rooms were clean and the hotel was a good value. I enjoyed the bed and the other amenities. I would stay there again.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Since the booking was for 5 the fact that the 5th bed was not ready was a problem.

Close to the airport. Room was ok - big enough for the 5 of us BUT although the booking was for 5 there were no sheets on the couch where our youngest was to sleep. The brekfast was very good with plenty of choices on foods & drinks appealing to all (young and old) - we started the day filling up with energy! We stayed only for 1 night and the next day left for Manhattan so we do not know how it would be if we stayed longer.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

It was virtually impossible to get any food delivery except for the one restaurant that had horrible food to deliver. And I thought that on the location and congestion of the construction in the area as to why it was almost impossible.

No fault of the hotel but there's a lot of construction and it's very congested in this area currently.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Hotel location, no restaurant ,no Town.

We could not get to Hotel by Driving.took 2hour to get to Hotel!!! Hotel staff told me , Drive to Air Port then follow the Hotel’s Shattle Bus. That much hard to get Hotel.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

A shuttle service to one of the sister establishments where restaurant facilities were available (taxi prices at this location are unbelievable)

No restaurant had to travel to sister motel to find a Bistro to eat.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

When we first arrived the lobby eating area was very messed up. Trash can was overflowing & tables not cleaned up.

Bacon was not crisp enough to our liking, Overall breakfast was very good.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

It tooks me 45 minutes to find. My gps could not find it. Finally I asked the bus driver of another hotel who told me to follow him and he pointed me to the right direction

Clean, big room, nice shower

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel room very outdated, resemble hotel where prostitutes take their johns. Breakfast needs improvement eggs and sausage where was the potatoes pancakes waffles.

Bed very comfortable

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel is in a perfect location for staying in before flying out of Newark airport. The room was nice and a good breakfast. When we were there the water was switched off in the area (not the hotels fault), but the staff were very helpful and easy to deal with

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

NO WATER. NOT BEING TOLD IN ADVANCE. I NEEDED TO PUSH TO GET THEM TO FIND ME OTHER ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MY SECOND NIGHT. THEY GAVE ME 4 WATER BOTTLES IN THE MORNING TO TRY AND WASH MY HAIR AND BODY. I NEEDED TO GO TO THE FRONT DESK AND ASK FOR IT.

The room itself seemed to fine

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

weak internet; nobody answered for my e-mail about shuttle bus from the airport; strange breakfast on paper plates

big room, shuttle bus from the airport

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Bed was hard Sink was clogged and slow to go down Air conditioner would not adjust temperatures and had to be covered to avoid cold conditions

Price was good Room was nice for families Good staff

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

My air blew hot or extreme cold air. Pool was either over crowded and kids doing back flips and unsafe setting, the chlorine was so strong it burned our eyes. Refrigerator in room didn’t work so had to throw out some food( since we traveled 7 hours by car ). Ice machine didn’t work on 2nd floor had to go to third floor for ice.

Staff was helpful and kind

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Entrance is HORRENDOUS !! Only two miles from the location Took us 45 minutes to find after we just took a chance and turned toward the back of the hotel. Called reception -not helpful. Had GPS. Hotel needs MUCH BETTER ENTRANCE SIGNS!!

Nice room and staff. Breakfast was good. Airport shuttle a big plus

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The property does not have a restaurant or lounge and there are very limited options in the vicinity. It required a considerable drive to find something decent to eat.

The hotel location is perfect relative to Liberty Airport. Our room had ample space and parking was not an issue. Staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Eggs flavorless... The coffee was very bitter and sour tasting... I'd prefer poured half and half vs the creamers and Stevia option. The rooms were OK... the beds and linens good! The parking lot was hard to access. The staff was friendly but very abrupt not allowing you to finish a sentence. It was high for 1 night in Newark. NJ... The fact there was NO A/C in the hallways and it was muggy was not pleasant. The rooms had a smell to them.

The beds and linens were nice. The beds were comfy and the pillows. It served a purpose for one night but not 2 and not for a return. The price was high for what you got really. Good for family due to the room.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

the sofa was not made up for us on arrival. we did it ourselves...not good. the transportqaqtion from airport was not availale and we paud $30 for a taxi.

The oom worked perfectly for two single trvelers with a sofa,,,

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

It would be great if the hotel had a lobby bar or something similar. As it is an airport hotel, it would be a great addition for travelers to relax before / after the trip. Breakfast could have a bit better options, but overall was quite good.

The hotel is located close to the airport, with hotel shuttles going every half an hour, which makes it really easy to access it from Newark's airtrain station P4. My room was huge, clean, and comfortable. I didn't miss anything in it.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The pool and hot tub were overcrowded with screaming kids. We couldn't get in, went to get help (3) times before anything was done. It is ridiculous to charge $14.65 to park my car while paying to stay there.

That it was close to downtown Newark where my daughter's college graduation was held.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Room suitable for 5 persons to share. Easy enough to get to NYC from property in good time. Facilities were suitable to a short stay. Reasonably quiet despite being near an airport.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything - literally- was wonderful. Helpful and friendly staff, beautiful and comfortable room, excellent breakfast with awesome fresh fruit and good variety, on-time continuous shuttle service... Great stay!!!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

the overall was great, swimming area hot tub was what i needed, something to take my mind off work, breakfast was always hot and ready like that pizza place,lol i will be looking to stay there again soon Thank you

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

1. Pickup location of shuttle difficult to find and get to. Missed shuttle. Rather than wait 30 minutes for next shuttle we taxied it to hotel. Fixed price $24 for a ride to hotel. 2. No place to walk outside. 3. Had to walk between hotel parking lots to a sister hotel to get some dinner.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

It was pricey. But I assume that's the NYC area for you.

There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back again. We stayed there overnight and flew on the Europe the next day. it was exceedingly convenient to do it that way. The hotel was clean. It was quiet. And the breakfast was good.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Not enough towels for us 5 (there were only 4) in a room that accommodated 5; the room smelled like wet old towels; Staff was so RUDE (specifically speaking, the breakfast staff). Housekeeping was talking negatively about something or someone and it made me uncomfortable in the hallway, blocking my room.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Property advertises itself as being 1 mile away from the airport. Actually, it is closer to 5 miles away, and the pick up happens through only one spot from a remote terminal (P4) every half hour ... Having landed past midnight, it took me over one hour to reach the hotel, alongside 6 other guests - all exhausted and sleepy, and all needing to check in with the one person at front desk ... dismal experience

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

The waffles and eggs were terrible!! And the room was too small for the price that I paid. This hotel is. Is not good for

The bed was nice and comfortable.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Pool area was just ok felt like it could be cleaner, location was off expressway there wasn't any place you could walk to for restaurants not a hotel to be in to site see without car.

Rooms were nice sized and breakfast was good and plentiful

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Typical american style - plastic tableware for breakfast - why?

Perfect located Hotel with free Shuttel-Service from Newark (EWR) with everything you need. Fast Internet and good breakfast. The stuff was very friendly.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wish the the fitness center had more to it than just a couple of treadmills and ellipticals. At least get a dumbbell set.

I loved how much space I had in my King room. Loved the staff, the fact that there was a pool, and the location.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I liked the location. The breakfast is a great bonus. I liked that the parking was secure and one had to use a parking pass to get into the parking area. Of course, this was an extra $12.00 a day, however I feel this is a great feature. This was important to me and my family, since we were attending a conference (seminar) that ended very late a night several days. Additionally, families who were staying at this hotel as a "home base" who were planning to take day trips to New York city, would find this a great alternative, to the expensive hotels in New York.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I was alone with my 10-month-old and all of the staff I encountered were so friendly, helpful and accommodating. They set up the pack-and-play before I even got to the room, I was having trouble with the vending machine so they brought me some drinks, and the room was so comfortable and baby friendly.. my little guy was able to crawl all over! There was a high chair for him to eat breakfast and the shuttle was very easy.

• Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Very hard for the Ubur driver to find. 5 out of five nights they got lost. It's close but confusing.

The facility was fine as all we did was sleep there. The beds were comfy, that's all that really mattered to is.the breakfast was sufficient.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Air conditionig was so loud we didn't sleep for 4 nights. After first night we asked the staff and showed a video and they said they'd send someone. Second night was the same problem so asked again and still nothing changed. The only thing they have us was free parking. We were there for a conference and long hours and needed good sleep but barely slept all 4 days - they should've done more for us. There are no safes in rooms we had to use safe at front desk and half the time the staff couldn't help us so we had to wait to access it which was just a waste of time. The showers are really gross and don't look clean.

Bed was comfortable And the room was big and spacious + there was a mini kitchenette.