Reviews of SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach 3 stars

14620 Aviation Boulevard, Hawthorne, CA 90250, USA

#3 of 11 hotels in Hawthorne

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Wished they had waffles on weekdays & not just weekends, but eggs & fruit was delicious.

Staff was great & rooms were very clean. Breakfast was wonderful! I would stay here again!

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Apart from one of the guests urinating in the bushes outside the property in front of my daughters... the stay was good.

Just a one night stay but was clean and easy to get to from LAX.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

poor service at front desk, wait for 20 mins to get caffe,there was not oatmeal no bananas and it was 8:30am. I asked that Person who was serving (male) and he sad if he make more oatmeal it will take 1:30 mins.

I love this Hotel, but not this time.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Not much breakfast options for babies and vegans. rooms were old and not so nice as in a picture. parking fee, its ridiculous. it doesnt seem that we paid for private parking, and it was also a big lot. hotel shouldnt charge for parking here for sure. especially when you stay there....

great location

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was some smell in the room that I only noticed when I entered the room but it was not irritating. I had some issues with my electronic door key. You need a car to get around and go to restaurants.

My bed was comfortable, it was quiet, and I slept good. The room was big and clean. Good value for money.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Not much selection at the free breakfast. Could have had a few more options. One day there was fruit which was nice but the next day that was not available. Kept hearing of people having issues with the elevators. The stairs sounded like a better option most of the time.

Room was very quiet at night. Beds were comfortable. The room was clean for the most part.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Elevator was extremely slow. I wish there was a convenient store or more food options within walking distance.

The rooms were very clean and very comfortable.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Met my expectations and my request was met I ask for a room accessible and it was. It was very clean. I truly recommend this hotel to anyone! Amazing!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathrooms need a renovation and the light is a little bit ugly. Also the elevators are old and slow.

I really like staying here, its location is perfect and the staff is super friendly, this was my third or fourth stay and it doesnt dissapoint. Breakfast is really good, rooms are large and they clean it real good.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The cleanliness is great. Loved the free brekjy and the rooms are quiet as. It's like your no where near a main road. Very close to airport, 405 and beautiful manhattan beach

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast only had waffles on the weekend, my kids were very disappointed. They also didn't have kid friendly cereal choices. The bathroom could have been cleaner and the tub needed to be recaulked. The run down bathroom made it not seem as clean.

I liked that the breakfast had spinach, cheese and salsa to go with the eggs. I liked the pool toys for my kids to use.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Only bad thing in both rooms was the water pressure in shower and tvs although are a good size, are old and picture quality was bad.

Beautiful hotel, nice lonby and decor. The beds were very comfortable, great parking. We wereable to park right under our room. The pool looked nice, they even have beach balls and noodles, too bad it was chilly and we couldn’t get in. Breakfast was excellent, lots of variety and very fresh. Check in was easy and fast, the staff were cery friendly and efficient. We liked it so much we stayed another day.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

wifi not very stable/strong. I had to use my own hotspot.

super close to the airport - quite convenient to get there. breakfast offering is good.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

on the second night I was arriving from universal studios like at 2 am & we were on the 1st floor as soon as we walked in we noticed the alarms were going off and then there was flood thatvthe staff was not aware of it got to our room wet the carpet and we went to go complain the front desk just offered to move my group across the hall like that is not the best idea because the water was still flooding the hallway and plus they took forever to call the fire department the security was more busy writing a report then going to make sure the guest were okay

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

I can't think of anything.

I liked the availability of the fridge and microwave. The cleanliness of the room was superb! The bed looked like a cloud of comfort. The linens were sparkling white and inviting. The staff was extremely warm and professional.

All very good.

Very clean comfortable property.Just what we wanted before long flight home.Bonus swimming pool so we could grab last few hours of sunshine. Staff pleasant and helpful on desk and there was no problem keeping our room past check out time.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Bathroom light on a motion detector. That means if you up at 2AM to use it, the light comes, which floods out into the room. Dumb. Mattress was too soft and broken down (maybe boxspring) at the side.

Reasonably good breakfast; excellent coffee. Good sized room. Good refrigerator.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I think a coffee table or side table for the couch would have been beneficial. There was just not enough flat surface to have a meal with 3 people.

The bed was comfy. Room was clean.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

They charged me for services that they should not have charged me for. The cleaning people took to long to clean up the rooms daily.

breakfast was good, it was quiet and clean.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Housekeeping didn't put in conditioner and shampoo when cleaning the room. And. The room needed more improving for housekeeping.

I loved the bed it was so comfortable.amd the complimentary breakfast.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The morning front desk lady is extremely rude. The beds are uncomfortable. When the sofa bed is pulled out there's hardly any walk space. Parking is fine unless the weather is wet. They don't spray the property properly so we had a whole ant colony move into our truck and spent three hours trying to clean them out. Worst part is the hotel did not care and completely dismissed our concerns when contacted.

It had a great free selection for breakfast. They also allotted for the number of guest they had so seating wasn't a problem.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

They did not tell us booking with a 3rd party you still need to pay extra fee's when I checked in they did not let me know of the extra fees they charge that are not on booking.com was very inconvenient. Must let guest now right away.

Staff was friendly and understanding. Amazing breakfast!

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Had to pay $12 dollars a day to park!!! Nowhere near as nice as the Springhill Suites we stayed at in Vegas

Very average hotel, breakfast ok, pool ok, room ok.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

There was no need to charge for parking seemed unnecessary when there's nothing around. An extra charge of 12usd for paying by credit card which wasn't told about.

Great size room for family of 5, beds comfy and a great base hotel. Breakfast was good nothing fancy but served a purpose.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Front desk person was a little cold when we checked out. Weren't asked about our stay, if things were alright. In fact when I asked about the refund deposit (which I didn't know they had) she didn't even look up at me once, not even a good morning. She was to busy on her computer? I liked the Hotel,the breakfast was delicious, beds not to comfy, pillows way to soft,cleaning staff knocked on our door, by the time I got to the door she was coming in while we were still there? All in all front desk are the first ppl you see, they need to be more friendly and smile more, I know they are busy, but TRY MORE you just might feel better! I will stay again my family liked it too, good exercise area too!

The cleaness of the Hotel and our room. The staff helpfull when needing extra things for room such as towels, etc. Breakfast was great, they just need to make more room where food is, it get's to crowded in that small area. Loved the sleeper coach in our room, we had a mini sitting area, desk w chair, mini frig, micro and mini sink like a wet bar, we loved the room very big we were surprised!

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom door was very squeaky inside room, annoying during the night. Pool is way smaller then it appears in photos. Door to hotel from the pool wouldn't read hotel card key, inconvenient to pool users. Pool area wasn't cleaned overnight. Trash overflowing. Debris from trees all over.

Bed was comfy. Pool toys provided for pool use. My kids loved the pool, even though I thought it was small. Breakfast had a good variety to choose from. Location was good.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking should be free for hotel guests... there's no shuttle to the airport so I don't think they should charge for parking...

The room was pretty comfortable. Standard hotel facilities...

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

I was surprised by how small the beds are. The fire alarm went off in our room at 6:30 am! Everyone was in the hallway concerned there was a fire. It took over 20 min for someone to arrive to our room - they removed the battery, resulting in us enduring the constant chirping until we checked out.

The location very close to freeway, parking was easy.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Big rooms with area for relaxing. Work desk. Microwave and fridge. Good shower. Walking distance to bus stop and 35min to Del Amo Shopping Mall. Bus $1. 5 mins to Paul Martins (great Happy Hour - 3-7pm) good food. Shops, good food choices and small Mall with Macy's etc and goid food choices, 15min walk and 5 min Uber to Manhattan Beach - $4us. LAX 10 mins(traffic dependant!) and Uber $9us. Hotel staff are super lovely. They stored our bags and let us use the pool and lounge area after a late 2pm check out, until we left at 7pm. Made our day so easy before our flight.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff appeared to not enjoy their job which reflected in their service which was brusque.

Good place for an overnight stay close to LAX as there are shops and restaurants close by unlike the airport hotels.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

In laundry room was extremely small and for the money, it did not dry the clothes very well. It also was not very clean

The room was nice and large. The breakfast was good.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Expected to pay for parking but due to the length of our stay they allowed free parking. Thank goodness. Otherwise we'd have been disappointed. Eggs were not great at breakfast. We settled for cold foods & waffles though. Sadly only served on weekends.

Loved the staff. Even housekeeping was great. Beds super soft beds & the front desk accommodated any needs asked for if they could.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Bed as everywhere fell in on the middle. Extra charge for parking

Included breakfast was decent with eggs, sausage, salsa, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereal, breads, cakes, juices, yogurt, strong coffee,...

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Noisy aircon. Dated in-room furniture. Sofabed opens up blocking the way through the room.

Rooms that can accomodate three persons. Good breakfast. Comprehensive facilities

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything was super clean. The beds smelt fresh and were very comfortable. They also carried Paul Mitchell soaps! Breakfast was amazing and never ran low.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

have breakfast on weekends earlier

the eggs were fluffy, rooms roomy quiet and large staff was wonderful if i have a down side 1 night i had to pay parking and the other two i didn't i have never paid parking at all the marriotts i have stayed maybe it is a thing of the future but i dont like it. Just principal.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

But I do wonder about paying full price for a room and getting located in the middle of a team though.

After we got back from dinner around 9:30 PM there was a large and very excited group of teenagers in the hallway and adjacent rooms. They had just returned from a competition which they had won, so they were really hyped. As my wife and I were ending a long travel day, we were concerned about getting to sleep with noise. I talked with the front desk and one of the group leaders. The kids responded with winning silence! Cheers and thanks to both.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Privacy is always amazing. Talking to one of the front desk clerks and she ended up giving me two different prices when I was trying to add another day. Then when my wife added another day her rate was totally different then mines. So a Lil bit more consistency and knowledge of what's going on as far as rates.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Breakfast stopped earlier on weekdays than weekends and my kids missed breakfast on Monday. I had called the front desk when we arrived and they said breskfast was 7-10 but did not clarify that was sat and sun.

Location was great close to airport and highway for access to hollywood. Front desk was very helpful when I could not print universal studios tickets from computer in lobby and printed them for me.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking is paid, 10$/night, its not a closed parking either, its open, in an area where space in abundance. Also theere are no shops or, resturants closeby in walking distance. You can find, cheaper and better hotels in the neighbourhood.

BreakFast was good

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Highly recommend this hotel. Great location for drive to Manhattan Beach and LAX. Staff were great, breakfast very good and an all round fantastic stay. Will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Having to pay extra to park was disappointing but expected.

After a long flight this was a perfect one night stop over for my family. We went for the Family room which was fine for the night. We needed extra bedding for the sofa bed and this was provided straight away. Breakfast was busy but there was plenty available and of a good standard.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

One elevator was being repaired during our stay. A little far from shops for walking

Big rooms, comfy beds, clean safe area. Close to beach and airport.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The placement of breakfast could have been better. It was a huge mess of a line and a bottleneck with the placement of items. Also, breakfast ends at 9am, and they stopped bringing out food at 8:30 and there were still a long line of people! The exercise room was tiny and was so hot! I felt like I was in a sauna.

Breakfast was good. The room was spacious and bed comfortable. The location was great! We were minutes from Manhattan Beach, shopping, I-405, and the airport. It's about 30 mins from DTLA, Universal Studios, Disneyland and Hollywood. It's quiet because it's located in a business district.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

That if you're even close to the time line no matter what's going on or what the reason they don't give it to you. It's as if the breakfast cost comes out of their pocket. You can't even get coffee if it's not setup

That it was offered

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

It would be nice to have a channel guide for the TV and also to not have to pay for parking. This is Southern California, not New York or San Fran...Cmon now.

The location was pretty good, it wasn't too far from everything that my family wanted to see and it was also safe.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The room was clean but still had a musty smell. The exterior looked updated but interior could use some work.

The breakfast was fine but would have been convenient if served earlier than 7 am.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Very nice free breakfast. The rooms was clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. Hotel kindly stored our luggage for the day after we checked out, before our evening flight. Lots of parking ($10 per day approx). Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Excellent and friendly service, quiet location, reasonable cost, great breakfast, convenient parking, and easy access to I-405 and Route 1. My wife and I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family, as well as stay there on our next trip to LA!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

If you go to Disney, be prepared for the price tag. WOWEE!!! However, we had a good time. Be ready to open and close the park. Use the "fast pass" system because it is free. The fireworks and light parade are amazing. Go to "Its a small world" to watch the fireworks. So is it a minus. Probably not. My kids loved it.

The staff went the extra mile for us. They were friendly and courteous. This is a good place to stay in LA. You are minutes from the beaches. We visited Venice Beach and Santa Monica pier and all the beaches in between. Loved every second on the beaches.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Nice breakfast. To mention there was cheese, nutella, fruit and yoghurt, which I like very much. But my wife missed bacon. But overall a very nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Plastic plates & cutlery at breakfast

They Allowed us to check in early & check out late at no extra cost! As we had a late flight home this allowed us an extra day on the beach & then shower & change before we set off home! Thank you

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The location is not good. Elevators are extremely slow. The price was a little too high. And its a good thing we brought our own shampoo because that was the we ran out every day.

Breakfast was very good. We liked the different types of fruit each day.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

People in the room next door smoking marijuana smoke went threw my ac into my room n music was too loud in the middle of the night my wall was literally thumping due to the bass I had to call front desk for help

Spacious room with everything we needed and breakfast a big plus!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

1- NO SHUTTLE BUS TO & FROM LAX (35$) 2- NO ROOM SERVICE. 3- NO BELLBOY SERVIE TO HELP WITH BAGGAGE DURING CHECK IN & OUT. 4- OVER PRICED FOR THE HOTEL RATING AND SERVICES PROVIDED.

staff were ok & helpful specially when we forgot one small bag with the blue shuttle express fan, they helped call them and retrieve it,, although the hotel doesnot provide help carrying baggage during check in & out.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking charged $10! Not acceptable in a suburb zone with plenty of space. Location: far from all touristic attractions.

General comfort. Facilities: swimming pool, fitness room, laundry. Breakfast .

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

some nights guest were running and opening and letting door slam up to 3am. Did not get a lot of sleep on those nights. Hard boiled eggs on one of the days were cooked to hard. House keeping can do a better job at cleaning. there were things not trashed before and during stay.

staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

There was no business center. Unfortunately, we had to conduct business while out of town. There was free internet available however due to the nature of business, we upgraded to the paid service.

There was enough room for my family of five. There were plenty of outlets for all our electronics.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Swimming pool was dirty. Overall, the room and facilities were dirty. Lobby and hallway had an odor.

Breakfast was great. Food was fresh and a wide variety. Staff was very friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I feel they could have had fresh fruit out everyday being I am someone who eats a lot of fresh fruit

I liked the staff a lot they were all very helpful and friendly very professional and you could tell they care about there job. I also liked the set up of the room it was really homey and comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The location was not the best. It was a little bit of a hike to everything.

The room was great. There were 5 of us and it was a good fit. Even with one bathroom we were able to make it work.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

AC was inconsistent in keeping the set temperature. Swimming pool was small.

Paul Mitchell hair products and make up towelettes available. Kitchenette. Comfortable beds. Room spacious. Close to shopping and eateries as well as airport

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Market Pantry had food items, but very expensive.

The breakfast was very good with hot and cold items, scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, oatmeal, just to name a few.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The room layout which was perfect for our family of four

Parking fee

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I asked if I could pay cash and put the incidentals on my card. But they wanted 250 plus the the cost of the room.

All good

Everything was good

No complaints.

Great service and location no

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Location far from most tourist places. Would need car.

Hotel was clean and staff were lovely.

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was very good and the different stations made it very accessible.

All ok

All fine . We needed the hotel just for one night before our flight. The staff at reception was so friendly .

• Double Studio with Sofa Bed

Beds were not comfortable, furnishings tired. Pool was not great.....

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The elevator kept breaking down, making the one elevator take a long time to use.

Cleanliness, great location.