Reviews of Hotel St. Michel 3 stars

162 Alcazar Avenue, Coral Gables, Miami, FL 33134, USA

#99 of 213 hotels in Miami

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is an old office building transformed into a hotel. They have kept the old elevator which works manually and this was a nice experience. The hotel has a very good location in Coral Gables, walking distance from many restaurants and bars. The room was very classy and clean. The wifi and TV were working well and it was not noisy.

The staff was not very friendly, however not rude either. The large bed was smaller than we usually find in other accommodations.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Having to pay 20.00 per day to park or feed the meter, if you can find one to park near, during the day.

Loved the historical feel of the hotel. Also loved the laminate floors. Gave the room such an added feeling of cleanliness. My husband commented that when we stay in carpeted hotel rooms he wakes up stuffy. Did not happen to him during our stay here. The bathroom was large and very clean. It was a very enjoyable stay.

My sprinkler system started leaking in the room at 2am. Hotel staff moved us to another more updated room the next day. They offered to move us at night but it was too late. I just placed a trash can under the leak.

Needed hot water attended to, made for an invigorating shower..

Classic 1920's hotel and nicely upgraded fixtures. Good location and easywalking distance to pedestrian area set up with multiple restaurants with outside dining. Friendly owner and staff all around.

The smell in the room, need more ventilation or air circulation. The glass inthe shower was clowdy at the bottom

The staff was very nice and helpful. Will recomend the hotel to anybody

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was smell after cleaning I have to buy a spray to kill the smell . Bathroom too small . A lot of mosquitos . No bottle of water in the room

The staff was very nice the facilities the property is very old and cozy and they have a good restaurant . They help me with my luggages and have very good conversation with the kids

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cool location in the gorgeous Coral Gables area of Miami. Easy taxi rides for airport, Miami beach & downtown. Five minute walk to the miracle mile, 25 mins to Venetian pool.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I would have appreciated a breakfast included in the price. Safe was missing and small fridge would have been nice. I didn't sleep too well in the bed; seemed to have been a hard mattress

Great neighbourhood , clean hotel , friendly staff.

I sleep is important you might want to look elsewhere. There is a constant bright light from overhead heating and airconditioner system. In the middle of the night the overhead light from ceiling fan would come on at random times. The management was informed but did not seem to care. The fan in the bathroom is not separate from the lighting and is very loud. And the door to the room rattles loudly with any change in air pressure.

Good location. Small older hotel with few frills. Toilet paper is listed as an amenity :) and they did have some.

NO COFFEE IN ROOM and no room service. That means you have to straggle down, half awake to get coffee. And no business center. No directory in room of services. No room service. Had to ask for an iron and ironing board. No drawers for your clothes. Not enough hangers.

Huge soaking tub. Big, comfortable, beautiful room with windows that open to the fresh (in March) Florida breezes. Great location, close to restaurants, etc. Walkable neighborhood. Great, very helpful staff. Effective housekeeping.

Our room was on top of the restaurant and there were parties every other day. The room was not insulated properly. We complained several times and we never got an apology nor a discount.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Problems with food service for breakfast the day we were there. Directed us to an overpriced French bakery three blocks away. Our room was quite small with bad lighting. Parking garage across the street was $20 U.S. per day.

Hotel had character. It was clean and well maintained with friendly staff.

Parking across the street, self parking but not a problem. Street noise during the middle of night.

Location, historic building was interesting, especially the 1926 elevator, very cool. Excellent restaurant at hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Pay for parking- but location, location, location

Very clean & comfortable. Staff was awesome! Very helpful & friendly. They have to escort you in the very, very old elevator. It felt strange at first, but lovely after 2nd time because they make you so comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

When walking into the hotel to go to our room, we received many dirty looks from people going into the fancy restaurant. It would have been much better if the hotel had a separate entrance. There wasn’t a place to park. To check in to the hotel, we drove around for over a half an hour to find a place to park our car. The girl at the front desk told us to park in the handicapped spot to check in. I find this unacceptable, as I do have many relatives that are handicapped. We stayed for 2 nights and had to pay $20 a night to park at the hotel! I’ve never had to pay for parking at any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. We found the elevator too scary and walked the steps instead.

Shower was amazing.

The room was very small It had no closet It had no safety box Bathroom had no place to put items, needed more comfort

It’s a boutique hotel, I liked the concept I liked the bed I liked the restaurant downstairs I liked the towels

• Deluxe Queen Room

Quite noisy - you can easily hear all the traffic outside. You can see that the hotel ain't the newest or recently renovated. Quite far away from downtown, miami beach and dolphin mall but über worked well.

Decoration, good price-quality compared to the prices in Miami generally, nice and helpfull stuff, nice Italian restaurant downstairs, ok wifi.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Avoid room 212 at any cost. The Zucca bar located just under that room and they have late night parties with DJ’s almost every night. Also, this room share the wall with cleaning supplies room and wall is very thin. Also the smell of old moldy place is overwhelming. My clothes and even suitcase smelled like mold. Extremely uncomfortable bad, AC is very noisy and old. My room was very small, definitely not enough space for two people. Also, the hotel charges 20$ a night for parking space at the public parking across the street. The parking space costs 16$ for 24 hours and you can pay at the parking lot. The problem starts when you arrive after 8.00 pm and no one there, then you need to pay for the parking space at the hotel and they will charge you 20$.

The only good thing about this hotel is great location and prehistoric elevator.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was small and there were no mirrors in the room except the one in the bathroom.

The room was excellent with a clean and good bed. The staff was always ready to help. The location prime.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Hotel is old and noisy. It has it charms but I will spend more cash on a modern hotel next time.

Location was great, easy 25 min drive to downtown Miami/South Beach. Great restaurants and coffee bars in the vicinity.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel could use some basic amenities. For example, there was an ice bucket in the room, but to actually get ice, we had to call on the staff because the ice is locked somewhere in the hotel. You can't get a bottle of water or a snack without leaving the hotel. Therefore, it would be nice to have mini-refrigerators in the rooms. They could also provide more towels. There were three of us in the room and two towels, though when we called the front desk they immediately brought more.

The location is excellent, and the staff was very attentive.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Need a little updating. The toilet keep moving whenever you used it. The towel rack was rusting needs to be changed. The entrance to hotel needs work.

loved the small intimate feeling of the hotel. Rooms made me feel like I was back in Paris.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Despite it's charm, the operator-required 91-year-old elevator was inconvenient since you had to ring a bell and wait for an operator to work it. I just used the stairs. Parking was somewhat inconvenient. Most of the parking garages in the area were pass-only (but not clearly marked as such) or if they were regular paid weren't open overnight, so street meter parking was pretty much the only option. On the plus side, meter isn't enforced from midnight to 9 a.m., so rates are reasonable for overnights.

Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was perfect. Free wi-fi was a plus.

• Deluxe Queen Room

This hotel room did not have a coffee pot to make your own coffee in the comfort of your room. You have to go down the stairs to get the coffee in the lobby. The bathroom is very small and had a glass shelf under the mirror that you had to be careful not to hit your head. If you are not too tall, the mirror on top of the sink basin was too high. The switch plate under the mirror was in the middle of the wall, not on the side. The customers cannot use the elevator because it is from the 1920's so it always needs to be operated by staff. Be prepared to use the stairs every time you need coffee, 3rd floor for us. Overall it needs more convenient amenities in the room and pictures for aesthetics.

The air conditioning was excellent.

• Deluxe Queen Room

No complimentary continental breakfast or shuttle from airport.

Everything worked: bathroom sink, shower, windows, doors, air conditioner. Good shampoo. Very close to my business destination, the Consulate of Spain. Easy to get to by Uber or train. Paid $10 for Uber to take the two of us to the airport, including tip. Free trolley runs during daylight hours. Close to fast food, Publix, etc. Staff was outstanding--went the extra mile. Room was very clean and quiet.

The bathroom was small, but functional. The WiFi was a bit slow and the TV reception just a little patchy.

Hotel St. Michel is a charming old hotel that has been updated with all the modern amenities. I especially appreciated that the air conditioning was very quiet. Location can't be beat.

• Deluxe Queen Room

It was about 7:30pm when I checked in and I was exhausted. There's an upscale restaurant attached to the hotel but you can't order room service so I had to go in, sit at the bar and order my food. I was very tired and wished I could've had room service. Also, twice in the middle of the night or early morning, the alarm in my room went off which startled me and woke me out of my sleep, so I didn't get a good nights rest. Also, my windows faced an alley with a garbage bin and I could hear people throwing away their trash ( sounded like workers ). The location of the hotel seemed tucked in a corner with a parking lot across the street which seemed unsafe for me traveling alone.

This place definitely has character as far as the old elevator and antique doors and keys to enter the room. I appreciated the valet letting me park my car in front while I checked in. The room was comfortable and quaint.

• Deluxe Double Room

There is a strong smell of mold/must throughout the property, including in the room - my clothes still smell from it. The air conditioning in the room barely kept the temperature under 75 degrees. One outlet in the room did not work. There is no iron in the room. Not a good hotel for business travelers.

Warm and welcoming team. Good location in downtown Coral Gables.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hosting wasn't that good, room key is an actual key, elevator is old and for that you would wait someone to come help you for it. In addition, the handle of the window at the room broke on me !!!

The service of the restaurent at the lobby but it doesn't belong to the hotel.

Nothing opened due to weather but understood

Felt cozy, most importantly the GM was pretty amazing she was so accommodating and always asked if we needed anything.

Where to begin, ah parking. So first off they don't tell you that its nearly $200 a night to stay here and $20 per night to park in the garage. They lie and tell you how expensive overnight parking is on the street. In an effort to upset you on that $20 parking garage. However the parking garage will charge you $10 a night to park in it. Moving on, I asked for a nice quiet room upon check in. Where do the put me? You guessed it, right next to the 1920's (super cool I might add) hand crank elevator. So from 7am until 10am all I hear is the metal hand slide close door being slammed open and closed. Then at around 8am I hear what sounds like road construction outside. Wrong, they were doing a full on f'ing demolition of the room that shares my wall. Running a sawz all and a tile saw all morning long. While I'm trying to sleep off my 7 hour drive the night before. Had they included any of those details I'm positive I'd have booked elsewhere. As would anyone else. Of course the front desk wasn't helpful in anyway.

Nothing, literally nothing besides what it could have been as a unique rustic boutique hotel.

No pool? No bath?

It's kind of unfair BC it was so fancy next to backpacking for 3 weeks prior, but I loved how clean it was, the shower was pengting.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like the noise in tbe bathroom. When you turn the light is too bright, is very annoying if you get up in the middle of the night, too much light and also the vent is loud cause is conected to the light. They should put a small additional light, it will be a simple solution.

Like the unique decor, loveee the staff. Very friendly and efficient. And location is a,plus.

I didn't like that they had men trimming the brushes outside on a Sunday morning it wasn't 8 in the morning and I was up because I couldn't sleep with such loud noises there were about 3 windows in the room and one very near to the bed so I was VERY LOUD. If it was for that everything would've been perfect

I love how clean the room was and that it was spacious it old theme to it

Breakfast not included. Had to pay an extra night because I had to check in at 4am. Elevator can only be handled by hotel staff. Tiny bathroom

The staff was really helpful. Rooms were very clean. Internet was fast.

• Deluxe Queen Room

you had to wait for an elevator person every time you used it.

Very charming place with details from 1926, including the elevator! Very helpful, nice staff. Very convenient lication if you want to be in Coral Gables.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom is not really nice! Is clean but is not confortable.

There's a lot of restaurants and bars near by the hotel also the shopping mall is around 15 min. I loved the deco of the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was rude and the hotel was so creepy. I hated the elevators. The room had a weird smell. The view to our window was small. You have to cross the street to get to your car. The intersection was busy the cars would not stop to let us cross. On top of that I had to pay 20 per night for parking across a busy intersection. I'm surprise they didn't break into my car.

The customer service desk was rude. They made it seem like they were giving the rooms for free. The rooms were so small and has a weird scent. Whenever my family walked in the building from going out they would not greet us. They made us feel so unwelcomed. I want my money back!

• Deluxe Queen Room

As I passed the time of permanence because I was busy at work, they took my things out of the room without permission and put them in the lobby

Laundry service

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Paying $20 to park if you didn't sign up for the meter service which was $2 per hour until midnight.

A walk down memory lane, loved the vintage era architecture and ambiance, including the elevator. The room was absolutely charming except the low speed on the ceiling fan made a noise so when we wanted the fan we had to use it on high speed aka hurricane speed -- but we also had ac so it was not much of an issue. The staff was most helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Music from downstairs bar could be heard in my room past 11pm both nights and was loud in my room on second floor. Good thing I can sleep through just about anything but even for me it was difficult to fall asleep especially with an early flight I had.

Quaint

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

No outdoor space or pool.

Wonderful, central location. Small property with friendly staff always willing to help. "Period" decor was fun and still up to modern service standards. Restaurant on premises is excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bar downstairs played very loud music. When I say loud, my room (212) was vibrating from the bass of the subwoofer. I couldn't sleep. It was a very bad experience. The staff did everything they could but it wasn't good enough. They said the music would turn off at 11:30. That didn't happen. It turned off closer to 1am. I will never return to that hotel due to this unfortunate situation. Unless the bar downstairs does not play music at late hours of the night. I expect much better than this when booking my hotel.

The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The welcome could have been warmer and the parking could have been covered. The historic charm of the building comes with an Otis elevator, which must be staff operated. Fun, once. If you can manage steps, it's not an issue, (we scurried up and down) but be aware of wait if relying on the elevator. As an old building the room was dark.

The historic building adds a bit of charm. The front doors (while new) are gorgeous. I felt like we'd stepped into a small European hotel for the night. The tile work in the lobby is beautiful. Just be aware there are positives and negatives to "old world". In just a few blocks you're in an interesting neighborhood. After dinner, we had a nightcap at the hotel bar, which was lovely.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

We were disappointed with our stay. The overall quality and standards of this hotel were low and the staff was not very professional. Our bedspread had stains on it and when we complained we were informed that they were full that night and did not have any extras. After quite some time they were eventually able to dig one up. The room was noisy and we could hear loud music until 11pm. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Restaurant was closed for construction but look forward to trying it next time.

Charming historic hotel in Coral Gables close to Miracle Mile. Great shopping and restaurants are an easy walk. Ubered to the CGAF.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Nice Hotel for those looking to get away from the generic chains. Decor was like going back in time but with all the modern perks The elevator alone is worth a stay.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Not much to really dislike

Location was great because of easy access to shopping and dining. Room was awesome due to the fact of using antique furniture and design of the rooms...

Only staff elevator

Very clean

Responsivness of staff

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff was helpful,room comfortable, shower super

Clean and close to shopping. Good, but expensive restaurant in building.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Not breakfast include as choice.

The hotel is very clean and the staff as housekeeping are very friendly and professional

• Deluxe Queen Room

suited our needs just fine

cozy and great location, funky elevator

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and the location was great. We will be back.

Hotel St Michel went above and beyond on the day of my wedding.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Charming botique hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Easy access to parking. Excellent restaurant.

Front desk management was incredibly accommodating.

The cleanliness

• Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing we did not like..

The European feeling.....

all ok

The zone is perfect, everything is close the hotel. The a/c is kind of old but everything was good.

This hotel is very European in feeling with a warm helpful staff and beautiful rooms

Beautiful Hotel and lovely staff. Will likely be my permanent hotel in Miami

• Deluxe Double Room

Restrooms in the lobby are actually inside of a restaurant

• Deluxe Double Room

The walls were a little thin.

Everything was lovely.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was hard, not very comfortable.

Cute little boutique hotel.

Was not quite, you hear everything from outside

The elevator inside of Hotel ist very nice , I thing it is more like 100 yers old, very very nice

I like everything was very good

Very good the service was very good clean hotel good location we enjoy there I recommend the hotel

Location and Cist

Bed was super comfy.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I love loved the location

• Deluxe Queen Room

Charming room and great location. The atmosphere was very quiet during our stay, NO complaints at all.

No fridge or coffee maker, very little storage space, no ironing board in room.

Bed comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

It was a bit pricey and you have to pay $20 a night for parking which they don't tell you about til you get there

Old fashioned look and feel.

The hotel has character and the staff were so friendly. There is an amazing restaurant attached the hotel.

Browse Hotel St. Michel traveller photo gallery