Reviews of Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa 3 stars

243 Tresser Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901, USA

#6 of 15 hotels in Stamford

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was dirty and run down I expected more for a Marriott and the price! I checked out early. I couldn’t handle it. And the topper was when the A/C kicked on it was a wind tunnel all night I can’t sleep like that. Air blasting in my face. It was so forceful by hair was blowing! Awful place!!!!!

I didn't eat or parked,overall everything was nice. There's restaurants right across the street, and a shopping mall. I live how everything was literally five minutes away, if you use public transportation is also near by.

Staff has very poor customer service, when I enter the lobby and approached the front desk two employees were doing something in the computer no greeting or anything thing. After about 2 to 3 minuets standing there my greeting was what do you need.Really ?? that agent name is Melissa. My husband was outside waiting for me to check in and another employee told him move your car just like that very rough.

Room nice an spacious,clean,easy parking. Room service was very courteous and so was the server who brought our food.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool had rust on the sides

The front desk staff made my stay as good as it was. Andrew and Connie were both courteous, professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. The restaurant staff were attentive and friendly and went out of their way the next morning for a family who didn’t realize breakfast was over at 11:00 !

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I paid $23 a night to park -which I do not have a problem with- however when I was leaving I discovered I had a dead battery. I alerted someone at the desk, who kindly found the person in charge of parking. He came out to my car and confirmed the battery was dead and pretty much wished me good luck with that. I have AAA so I was able to call to get a jump- but due to the very cold weather there was a long wait. I would suggest the parking garage invest in a portable charger in order to help their customers who find themselves in a situation such as mine.

I was visiting my son and this was the closest hotel- it was a very nice surprise to find the Stamford Mall so close.

Hotel an easy walk from the train, check in was fast & friendly, and I was able to get late check out which was very helpful. Shopping mall, restaurants, bars, etc are also walkable.

How they charge you 25 dollars to park that’s unnecessary , an I had a problem with the housekeeper kept coming in the room while I was sleeping check out is @12 she literally came In opened my door while I was sleep! @9 then at 9:20 then she came bac @10 then 10:20. At that point I was at a 10 I paid 205.00 dollars I’m checking out at 12. Go away!!!!

I loved star shower it has the ceiling as well as the regular! I felt like I was in a spa

Something was wrong with the toilet, it ran all night, very noisy. When we told front desk, they only offered to take $20 off price

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A/C was set at a really cold temperature. Took me a while to figure it out and adjust to my comfort level. There weren't any towel racks in the bathroom. Very odd.

The staff was excellent. Very helpful and accommodating for my special request (moved us to a room with a firmer mattress). Also, the Booking.com reservation never was relayed to the hotel, but they checked us in at the same rate.

The drinks at the bar and the breakfast are crazy expensive.

Very large and comfortable bed. Super quiet walls. Very kind staff. Loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Elevators are large and move quickly. Vending on every floor. The bar is cute but the prices are a bit high. The room service was delicious!

Bed had flakes of black stuff blown out from the hvac system. Floor in bathroom was incredibly slippery when both wet and dry. There is no way to turn on shower/adjust temp without standing right under the shower. Shower head had needle pressure - painful! Parking was a $23 surprise.

Bed comfy, room was quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although that wasn't the property's fault but I used booking.com to book my room, when I got to the Marriott there was no reservation in the system. Front desk told me that booking.com never sent my reservation to the hotel. But the front desk agent was very helpful and reserved a room right there on the spot for me with the same rate that Booking.com initially offered.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You feel the hotel is worn out/old. Not many facilities and the free internet is quite slow barely getting 3mbps versus other hotels where it reaches up to 10mbps. Also, staff are friendly, but I had to follow up with them several times to deliver packages delivered to hotel clearly in my name to be delivered to my room or for them to inform me. Even though I have requested them, I had to go back several times saying that there are still others that were not handed.

Good location for those who want easy access to business area of Stamford. Also, walking distance to shopping center and variety of restaurants. They had an issue with my booking, which was not pleasant when dealt with (especially that the issue was a wrong spelling in a single letter). I had to spend around half an hour trying to sort it out, which was a pain after 10 hour flight and an hour of drive. Although I was not happy on how I was asked to deal with the issue as if it is my problem, I was happy it was sorted and they were kind enough to offer me access to the Concierge Club, which was a good gesture.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was told at check in that I was suppose to arrive the day before for a one night stay and that I was charged for the no show. I could not see my confirmation email on my phone. I had no recourse but to asked if the reservation and payment could be moved. It took awhile, but after some back and forth I was given a paid in full room. When I got home I could see the confirmation email and it was clear that they made the mistake not me as I was told. At the time of the reservation I asked for a quiet room, but I was put by the elevator. There was little to no hall noise, but the rattling and rolling elevator noise was annoying. Also, the bed was visually warped on two sides. The comfortable pillows made up for the bed discomfort.

I loved the pillows and the rain shower. The indoor outdoor pool, and location was also very good.

The air conditioner kept turning on and off all night which made it a little difficult to sleep. The restaurant at the hotel was over priced ($20 per person for a breakfast buffet). Neither of these things would keep me from staying there again.

Parking was convenient. Close to nearby restaurants and shopping. Close to New York City. Convenient location right near the highway yet surprisingly quiet. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Clean rooms and bathroom. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

i didnt like that the pool towels werent always available and the used ones were all over the place the pool would get a little messy such as a floating tampon(gross) but things happen! they did clean the pool every night.

we loved the pool, our kids loved the pool because it goes from indoors to out doors. the bar/lounge was nice and the food eslecially the chilli thai wings were amazing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Look like the restaurant was closed but you could order from the bar.

I like the room and the shower. It was a king room with a outstanding view. Loved That they gave me a free drink card.

No jacuzzi. Spa too expensive. No bathtub in room, only shower stall. Walls in hallways were dirty. Guests on the floor I stayed at partied in the hall way very loudly late that night, also making entire hallway smell of marijuana.

Bed was very comfortable.

When arriving I explained to the check-in Representative that I wanted to pay for the room with my debit card and put the deposit on my credit card, she did the entire opposite and put the entire amount on my debit card. When arriving in the room it was decent until the mini refrigerator didn't work. When my Fiancé checked to see if it was plugged in, there was an empty liquor bottle and a lot of dust in the back of the refrigerator. When I tried calling downstairs, but the telephone in the room didn't work. I called the front desk with my cell phone and was informed they will have a Technician come. When the Technician arrived he was nice, he told us there was a button we had to press to have the refrigerator work, but as far as the phone there was a second one. We had to press the button every 2 hours for it to stay on. Checking the bathroom there were a couple of small holes in the ceiling. Holes that you could notice that were there while your taking a shower. When coming back to the room, I noticed the door was disgusting, it needed to be replaced or re-varnished. It was overall a bad experience at the Marriott I have ever experienced. I do not plan on staying there ever again. I am very disappointed! Plus I had to pay $21 a day to keep my car in the parking lot. It was a total ripoff. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable, it was too soft.

I liked the cashier in the convenience store in the Lobby. She was very helpful and very sweet.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was OK. We've stayed at other Marriotts where the beds were outstanding. Other than that the stay was good.

We stayed at the Marriott because of a broken furnace at home. And the first person who greeted us was Jessica at the front desk. She made us feel like we were the only people in the world. The service was exceptional!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I liked the all of the above and want to mention that the staff I spoke with from housekeeping on up were most courteous and professional. Sincerely, R. Jennings MacConnell

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Cleaning staff did not do a thorough job, as there was a comb and what looked like a bunch of spilled raisins or coffee beans at the behind the dresser.

Great being in outside heated pool which was open for guests even if weather wasn't great!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

when I placed a call to the staff to have someone come to my room to collect the luggage I had waited 45 minutes to call again and find out that she had sent them to the wrong room.

The swimming pool and gym

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

The facility is outdated it needs improvement stain ceilings from floods or leaks is no good!!! I dnt like how the parking is another company do they make money off the hotel....I used to love this hotel I shall never return

The staff was great and very helpful

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• King Room - Concierge Level

Very confuse between the two places to have breakfast. I was in ground floor and I was charged for that in spite it was complementary. The point is I needed to go to 16th floor to have exactly the same buffet. I think the communication is not working properly for the people that comes 1st time

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was much too soft; A/C went on and off all night with no way to keep the fan on permanently; Door-slamming went on most of the night.

Coffee was very good

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

The hotel is on the older side. While the room was fine, the rest of the property was tired and not of the condition you would expect of a top flight hotel. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any other high end options in this area.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool could be cleaner, roof over the indoor part needs updating.

Room was quiet even though it overlooks expressway. Clean comfortable beds and pillows. Indoor outdoor pool is a great feature.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The bed and pillows were too soft. The tv needed to be turned on and off a few times before a picture would finally show up. The buffet on Friday morning was cold.

The area, close to the mall was nice. The pool are is very nice and clean. The spa was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was charged an extra 50.00 hold on my account then once posted I still have a hold on my account. I called the hotel and they claim they have no record that I stayed there. Super upset trying to get this issue fixed.

the bed was super comfy

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

When booking we were not informed about paying for parking and we were not told that we had to pay for breakfast. The room was very warm even tho we had the AC set at 60

We liked our room the view was okay and loved our shower

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Clean room, bed was large and very comfortable, staff was wonderful and very helpful. Great location in the middle of downtown, the mall is across the street.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wished breakfast had been included.

Bedding, presence of a spa.

Comfortable bed, excellent staff, very friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast was extra.

The pool and it’s extended hours.

The pool was closed due to unsupervised children

I loved the automatic check out

Cold rooms No heat Air unit was loud as a train

It was cold

Water pressure lacking in shower - might have been due to shower head

Super comfy bed

The only thing I didnt like was paying an unexpected 27.00 a night for parking.

Everything was wonderful.

Expensive food

Bed was awesome

The staff was great, as well as the bed and food from room service.

parking fee!

parking fee!!!!

Accessibility and view

Great shower

The shower was off the chain. Dual shower heads. Would come back for that alone.

I had to pay for parking

the added charges for parking.

i was easy to find, the room was spacious and clean.

Room a little dusty on second day shower in our second room was not working properly but fixed after 3 houts

Bathroom and staff

Not knowing about having to pay to park. The smell of pot on our floor

The decor, being able to walk to restaurants

Nothing really.

I loved the pool... it was so warm and the room also with the AC

Staff very friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the pool area was dirty, the bed was hard but a nice hotel

the pool is beautiful

Parking g at the hotel was pricy. Over 23$ per night

Free shuttle to the train station

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool, the front desk staff

Pool was so small and crowded. Not enough outdoor seating

Bar was a little dreary

Agora spa was sensational

the pool and work out area was nice and convinent

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I called down for room service, fresh hot coffee and they brought coffee maker packets up, and no water.

Bed & sheet

Staff was ok

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I did not enjoy the desert and the waiters was too hasty in getting us out of the dining room area.

Food was OK Juice was great

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

All

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The convenience of being close to work. The rooms are spacious and clean and although I had the view of Highway 95, it was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I have no complaints

The service and the staff remembers your name

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Location, poor restaurant

Not much

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Once I moved to another room, I was nice and warm.

I slept like a baby!

Everything was well done.

The bed was like a cloud

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

need better TV options.

The room was wonderful - quiet, clean, quite comfortable. Great shower pressure. The staff exceptional.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good price for the room

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

wifi speed was too slow for the free wifi

front desk staff, Angela was extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

There was a wedding going on - which messed up the parking. Had to park elsewhere, it was raining... but all ok.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The shuttle on weekend-their should be more staff to take you around -have too wait 15 to 20 minutes

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Room - Concierge Level

Noise and mess because of refurbishment works

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016