Reviews of Stanford Park Hotel 4 stars

100 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA

#2 of 9 hotels in Menlo Park

It is a beautiful hotel, nice courtyard to relax in, great...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

I was worried about the train that goes by quite frequently during the day keeping me up at night, but I did not hear it at all after 9pm, so it either stops over night, or doesn’t use its horn. No problem at all!

It is a beautiful hotel, nice courtyard to relax in, great amenities. They’ve thought of everything, from robes, to a laundry basket, coffee maker in the room, make up mirror, and free water bottles in our room. The beds were comfortable, and room service very friendly. We will be coming back!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Charming hotel not what it should be at the prices it charges

However, there was a lot of construction going on this time which was noisy and caused some inconvenience. he hotel seemed dark and dingy this stay; I whish they had a loyalty program; it woyuld hep with the high cost of the hotel which only Silicon Valley millionaires can afford.

I have stayed at this hotel dozens of times and enjoy it because of its European feeeling, and charm,the friendliness of the staff, and its proxiity to my family.

Terrible!
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

The room was noisy, small and a mile away from the lobby. Service was provided by incompetent and unprofessional people way below my expectation .

The bed was the only value.

I would definitely stay here again

Great ambiance. Very relaxing. Loved the fire pits outside. Staff exceeded our expectations. Loved all the "details" - daily water and snacks in our room, coffee available in the morning, wine in the evening and cookies at night.

Very very comfortable hotel if you can afford it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Two minor complaints: (1) the woman doing the seating in the restaurant seemed unexpectedly clueless (she couldn't understand the difference between "when does the restaurant close?" and "when does the restaurant take its last orders?"); and (2) the rooms are seriously expensive.

Nicely renovated older building; beautiful courtyard, especially at night; very comfortable bed; large room with excellent bathroom; surprisingly tasty meals in the hotel's grill restaurant; very pleasant staff.

Excellent stay!!!

The only thing that I can't give a 10 for, which was not a big problem as our room was facing the courtyard, was the train noise we could hear faintly from our room. I would imagine it would be louder from rooms on the other side but our room was far enough for it not to be a problem.

Everything about the hotel was exceptional - the staff, service, cleanliness, amenities, the bed, even the food at Menlo Grill. This hotel is first class in every way. I couldn't commend the staff more - very friendly, professional, accommodating. We loved it so much we stayed 3 times within 2 weeks! Thank you for a most pleasurable stay!

I really like this hotel. Great old world ambiance.

Combo tub/shower with ceramic tile was a bit dated. Would appreciate separate tub and shower.

Room was spacious. Hearing system was very quiet and responsive. I appreciated the double sinks, makeup mirror, in room coffee maker, free Voss bottles of water that were replenished daily. Very comfortable stay.

Beautiful place, but next to busy train tracks and they charge hidden "amenity fee"
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If you've never experienced an earthquake, stay here! When the trains go by (sometimes every few minutes) the entire building shakes. Also, they charge Amenity Fees, which an extremely underhanded and dishonest tactic used only by shady hotels and resorts. It was $18.00 per day for my stay.

Beautiful layout, outside fires, very courteous staff

Wow can every hotel please be this great?

Nada zip zilch to complain about

If only every place I stayed had the level of customer service this place does! Everyone smiled and went over and above to be friendly. They even texted me before hand to ask if there was anything I needed. I asked for extra fluffy pillows and they delivered. The place itself is a very lovely clean facility. We were upgraded to a king room with high ceilings in a view of the inner courtyard. Parking was easy and free. As far as location is concerned for us it was perfect, we were visiting friends in Menlo Park. We never got a chance to check out the pool and spa… I’m saving that for next time. And believe me there will be a next time!

Everything was was very pleasant.
    • King Room with Garden View

You charged me double for the reservation for the extra day that I had to stay because of a medical emergency in my family.

The room was pleasant. The bar area was great for breakfast and for a glass of wine. The valets are very nice.

I want to go back for a staycation!

We only stayed one night:(

Wedding party bar open very late. Wow the grounds are so private and fun to stroll. Reminds me of the Beverly Hills Hotel grounds and the management was so gracious. A huge surprise - didn't expect the elaborate property. I've driven by this place a million times going to college right up the street. Never new what a gem resort was behind the facade:)

My accountabt just found out that i was over charged by 800usd
    • King Room with Garden View

My accountabt just found out that i was over charged by 800usd. In the confirmation letter feom booking.com, my bill is 3000+, however i was charged 4100+. Aound 800 usd gap. Pls some one sort it out, then pay me back?

In general, staffs are friendly.

Shuttle is actually very hard to book, so do not count on it. One Asian looking male old staff at the bar is not so friendly. When we asked for a drinking list, he said there was not such a menu. Embarrased me in front of my friends, who came to visit me in the hotwl.

In general, staffs are friendly. Esp those at the feont desk.

the nice court yard may not be for you
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

But they don't like you to sit there if you don't order dinner do the picture and ad about the court yard is only half true-- they gave you cold shoulder and kept asking to order stuff to eat

They had a court yard with sofa and chairs looked nice

My husband and my self went to eat at the restaurant/bar...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My husband and my self went to eat at the restaurant/bar and we were seated by the maître d' and we sat there for 45 minutes before anyone came to the table to take our order .

Family stay at silicon valley
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

I phoned reception that i lost my phone. I lost it between leaving the hotel and returning the car at Airport. Meanwhile searching at Airport i phoned Hotel reception. The first time i got immediate answer that nothing was given to reception by Housekeeping and then i was transferred to restaurant as i mentionned that i was there too. Nobody told me that they will monitor and inform me if they find something. I phoned the next day to see if maybe my phone was found. I got another person at reception where i explained again and she said she didnt get any object found and would check and definitely call me back. I gave my new american number but she never call me back. Even if the Hotel is not responsible that i loose my phone, I didnt had the impression that someone cared or maybe looked on the parking or was concerned to find my phone or to inform me.

Staff at reception is friendly but with a cold nose up attitude, we felt more welcome in other hotels. Room for 4 persons was quiet (view on inside yard), air conditioning is quiet, tv has abundant channels, have safe and small fridge, bed is comfortable, bathroom with hairdryer is practical with 2 sinks, one outside of bathroom, so someone can shower while other person can continue to prepare herself. Parking is right next to the door, you dont need valet parking. Breakfast is very good. The location is good, you can walk by foot to stanford campus, shopping center.

Good Stay
    • King Room with Garden View

The Restaurant had good service and management but the food was not all that great.

The Bed was very comfortable, easy walking to lots of everything and more.

great place to relax for a short time
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

small swimming pool long waiting time at breakfast safe box didn't work properly

very relaxing hotel extremely kind and helpful staff room available 2h before due time very confortable room large availability of towels and bath accessories

Stanford Park Hotel

Friendly and nice staff, large rooms and bathroom, very clean, all in room facilities were excellent, nice reasturant and excellent location. Free vale parting.

Highly recommend this gem!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

Absolutely loved our stay.

The beds were amazing! So of the most comfy! Such a big spacious room with a lot of natural light. We couldn't have been more excited with our room! We traveled with some heavy equipment that couldn't be left alone in the parking lot all nite. At the end of the day when we arrived all we wanted to do was get some sleep! The staff allowed us to back in near the front door saving us from making several trips to unload our truck. That small gesture meant so much to us! We Didn't want to leave! Fell in love with the property and the staff! Thanks guys, you rock!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

What a bed!
    • King Room with Garden View

A bit far from the airport, but I was traveling for business so it is what it is.

The service and accommodations were fantastic. The thing I loved most? The ergonomic bed. I have never slept so well in my life.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Close to Stanford campus, clean and very nice staff.

AC not working, had to open a window to cool the room, no in-room free Wifi. Very pricey but so are all hotels near Stanford.

Close to Stanford campus, clean and very nice staff.

The horribleness of our accommodation arraignment for our...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The horribleness of our accommodation arraignment for our family was a failure. THEN THEY CHARGED And my entire credit card so I couldn't go to dinner that night!!! The staff did try to rectify it by purchasing another Visa card after several hours of trying to get it fixed. They did try to make it whole by comping our dinner.

As we drove up to the property there was no one to help us...

As we drove up to the property there was no one to help us with our luggage even though they knew we were there At 7:30pm our room still needed a few minutes to be cleaned- we did get an upgrade-and no one offered to help us bring our luggage to our room . The rooms definitely need an upgrade And no snacks or drinks in the room like there used to be. A bit disappointing . It used to be a wonderful hotel with great services.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Great property, location and staff.

Great property, location and staff. I liked it better than other five star hotels at the region when comparing its cost benefit. I would stay here again. Best choice in town!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Lovely facility but staff could use further training.
    • King Room with Garden View

The service in the bar was terrible--very, very slow and far from apologetic. The same attitude was displsyed by the clerk at the checkout desk when we registered our complaint. A little apology for the lapse in service goes a long way!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Beautiful and confortable

Very friendly staff. They even had a free driver service within 3 miles, which was extremely convenient! The courtyard looked beautiful, it must be incredible when it's warmer outside.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

I stayed here when the hotel first open years ago and I was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed here when the hotel first open years ago and I was not disappointed on my return trip. The location is wonderful and the overall feel of the hotel is very welcoming we had a great stay.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Excellent hotel, outstanding staff!!
    • King Room with Garden View

There was one prolonged loud machine (?) noise/sound in the middle of the night above the top of my closet which scared the hell out of me for a moment there. couldn't figure out what that was. You should check about that?

all staff were very friendly and polite, especially the front desk and the outside parking people!!! (Much better than the nearby Sheraton) lots of room for parking!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Does the job very nicely but not luxury.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

Bit motel like and basik but very comfortable.

Efficient , big rooms, nice staff , quick room service. Excellent free Wifi, very good location. Pick garden rooms (facing Big Courtyard)or it can be very noisy .

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

A working fire place in the room

A working fire place in the room

Great hotel, will stay there again.

Excellent customer service from all of the staff. Highly recommend this hotel.

It was good but not as good as last time here.

No disclosure about renovations.

Drinks in the lobby and cookies before bed.

We will be back
    • Parlor Queen Queen

Servers in restaurant were not well trained

Great atmosphere

Friendly staff, clean and spacious room, nice lobby, free...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Friendly staff, clean and spacious room, nice lobby, free parking, good food at their restaurant.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cookies and ice cold water were a welcome treat for my children. Staying at the hotel was like staying at a friend’s house.

Great hotel, huge room on top floor.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was dated and would benefit from a retrofit.

Great hotel, huge room on top floor. Very clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Free breakfast should be provided

it was nice

That the pool area was not done

Service could have been a little better...staff wasn't quite up to par

Right across from Stanford mall

Right across from Stanford mall

Home from home!
    • King Room with Garden View

Pool area being renovated so no loungers

Staff, room, restaurant, services (cookies at night, wine tasting, taxi service)

Very quiet room, room service was over the top. Very friendly staff and the bar is a must!

The rooms and hotel itself are absolutely beautiful.

Stanford Park, amazing as ever

The fact I had to leave

The Staff is amazing, the food is great and the atmosphere is incredible.

Awesome

Really excellent

Helpful staff and great service!
    • King Room with Garden View

Helpful staff and great service!

I felt like a Prince.

The property was very beautiful. Well appointed and elegant. Very inviting and comfortable.

the extra snacks and goodies

the extra snacks and goodies

Great stay

Clean, comfortable, great amenities and friendly staff

Change the carpets all of them.
    • Deluxe King ADA Accessible Room

Change the carpets all of them. the bed need to be replaced number 103 is it all out of shape and uncomforcable.

Very courteous and helpful staff.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

Very courteous and helpful staff.

Best hotel around Stanford University, better than the five stars around

Very nice decoration, very cozy environment

satisfied. will stay again when in my next visit
    • King Room with Garden View

breakfast too big for Japanese, but tasty

Spacy room, neat and tidy, friendly staff

Service, room upgrade plus complementary water and snacks...
    • Deluxe King Room with Fireplace

Service, room upgrade plus complementary water and snacks in our room.👍

the sound of caltrain passing by.

the sound of caltrain passing by. but it is acceptable to me.

Very relaxing beautiful property with great amenities and location !!
    • King Room with Garden View

The courtesy car not being available ! Charging us for cookies and extras

Need more organic options

I like everything here and it is a fascinating place to live...

maybe the food can be more diversed.

I like everything here and it is a fascinating place to live and work.

• King Room with Garden View

Outstanding in every way Great place to relax or work

good position, clean and very kindness of the staff.

good position, clean and very kindness of the staff.

Luxurious and cofortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The comfort and professionalism showed by staff

Great Trip
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Lovely property with all of the amenities we expected.

Always an Amazing experience

The fact I had to leave

The firepit was cozy.

The firepit was cozy.

STANFORD PARK HOTEL
    • Garden View Room with Fireplace

Loved everything!

EVERYTHING ANDCTHE ATAFF IS OUTSTANDING!!

Lovely.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

Lovely. The patio with firepits is a romantic bonus.

Super friendly, efficient,accommodating staff;
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Don't know what genius perks are so can't comment on them

Super friendly, efficient,accommodating staff; great location

Noise front the train.
    • Garden View Room with Fireplace

Noise front the train. Smell in the lobby (like if there was a problem with toilet ventilation).

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Well located, rooms were fair

The staff looked fairly incompetent especially at the Bar.

Well located, rooms were fair

It was a very nice hotel.

Pillows are very high.

The room was quite large and comfort. Location is good, near Stanford University and Stanford Shopping center.

Loved the atmosphere.

Confusing layout of hotel

Loved the atmosphere. Having dinner outside with all the beautiful lights, made it very relaxing a romantic.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Yes very mu B hh
    • One Bedroom Suite

Yes very mu B hh

Stanford Park hotel treats you like they cant wait to serve you.

had to go home

beatiful clean rooms and very warm comfortable surroundings

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Room and up keeping are really well done.
    • Superior King Room

Room and up keeping are really well done. Wonderful location. Good decoration.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds with Garden View

Can anything bad about my stay.

Accomadations were fabulous. Definitely had a luxurious feeling with vintage decorations .

Excellent hotel; very well managed...truly tries to give guest best possible experience

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Beautiful property.
    • King Room with Garden View

Beautiful property. It is quiet and serene.