Reviews of Starlight Inn Canoga Park 2 stars

6.2

5.3

5.9

• King Room - Smoking

Staff up front was literally there by force i think. She did not show any enthusiasm whatsoever. Plus didn't want to give me a receipt for when i paid for the night. Also had a very unsettling scent to the office.

T.v was new. Good channels. Shower head pressure was fantastic.

• King Room-Non Smoking

A parking stall near the front check-in office was reserved for “Law Enforcement”. I wasn’t sure if this was a scare tactic by management or if it was actually used by law enforcement. After seeing some of the people that had already checked-in, I would say it was more than likely both a tactic and an actual.

There wasn’t much to like about the place.

• King Room - Smoking

The guy at the front desk was neither rude nor rude. It felt like being priccesed at the DMV or possibly how onmates get checked in their new cell.

The place is exactly what I expected. So I don’t have a complaint. If you check in and the fromt desk has bulltet proof glass and you have to shoce your ID and credit card under the glass. Expect nothing more than a place to sleep

• King Room - Smoking

Everything, the room was filthy with stains in the bathroom that were unidentifiable , the floor was dirty throughout and half of the lights didn't work. There were electric cords hanging from the ceiling.

Nothing really.

• King Room - Smoking

they should get new bed covers as well as new pillows, their pillows are pretty uncomfortable.

it's pretty quiet and the price is more affordable than most places around the area. they also check everyone's ID which is good because it keeps a lot of people out especially the rowdy ones. they're on the cameras a lot so they're on it.

• King Room - Smoking

The room I booked, all linen was old and damaged. Bed is too old too and not comfortable. Shame; I requested a non smoking room and the receptionist said I have to pay more, however my room was with non smoking sign at the door despite the smell of smoking inside was really bad how??

NOTHING

• King Room - Smoking

The staff was so ride. You can hear through the walls, loud visitors discussing drug deals, unsavory people lounging in the halls. I felt so unsafe I lodged my chair under the door handle. One of the worst places I’ve stayed . The soap didn’t lather, there was not even near enough shampoo for a proper wash. I ran out of hot water while shaving my legs. The towel had a hole.

• King Room-Non Smoking

Not allowing visitors and another guest means i got to pay a deposit.

Great front desk assistant, smiled and told to leave the key on the counter and lock the door when I leave the next day. The heater is in perfect condition, had to only turned on for only 5 mins and my room was warm throughout the rainny and cold night. The TV has many channels which is a plus.

• King Room - Smoking

The customer service was terrible! The people at the front desk are extremely rude and very mean spirited. I called to see if I could check in before 3pm and I was told that I could after 12:30. I arrived a little after 12:30 and was told by the same person there was a $20 fee to do so. I stated that I was not told about a "fee" over the phone & the woman angrily says "There's no way that no one told you about it". The conversation had just taken place about 20 min prior and I'm pretty sure I would've remembered being told I have to pay extra. And the fact that she blatantly lied to my face insisting she told me really pissed me off. The covers on the bed was riddled with cigarette burns/ holes. Ugh. One of the worst hotel experiences I've ever encountered.

There's honestly nothing that I liked about it. Bad experience.

• King Room - Smoking

We asked the receptionist for new bed sheets because we felt itchy on the bed and all he said, barely looking up from his laptop, said that the facilities were closed. Not trying to offer any other options.. It would have been great if he had a CLEAN stack in the front with him. And by the time we realized the towels in the bathrooms were stained from left to right we knew we couldn't ask for fresh towels .

That we were able to get the room early in the day.

• King Room - Smoking

Paper thin walls, Guy next room was singing all evening until 2am. Heating was not working in the room. there was stain on the sheet and the cover blanket had wholes. Not recommend at all, the worst place during our two weeks holiday. Luckily just stayed one night for 100$. We had smoking room, but there was no ashtray provided. ??

• King Room - Smoking

We got the smoking room, and yea, I expected it to stink like a smoker’s house, but that shouldn’t mean the room is not kept the cleanest it should be. I found hair in the sink. The grout in the shower was filthy with scum. The carpet was dirty and the bed was horrendous. The sheets were stained along with the mattress and the comforter was covered in cigarette burns holes. HORRIBLE especially considering the price and taxes they charge. And for some reason the maid did not want to give me an extra towel even though she was cleaning the hall and had a stack of new ones with her?? She said I had to walk all the way down to where front lobby to get one.

• King Room-Non Smoking

Front desk staffhave a really bad attitude they are rude and really baf costumer service

I made a reaervation for Friday the 12th and couple minutes later i email them and asked to chance the date for this coming monday the 15th. And still i not receive any responded If after i statey in this place with bad service i make a reservation again is because i dont have another option.

• King Room-Non Smoking

the front desk staff are really rude tread costumers really bard not with profecionalistms. specially the guys omg , he service is terrible . if I go there is because is clean and great location ,I been on this place for few times and the only I can change is the poor really poor customer service ,they acted like they are the owner and tread people really bad not only me , I notice there are the same with everyone's TO BAD CUSTUMER SERVICE THE FRONT DESK STAFF

• King Room - Smoking

I thought I booked a non-smoking room but was told upon arrival it was a smoking room. We went to check it out anyway. There is a separate building apparently for smoking rooms and it's apparent why. I could barely breathe just going in the hallway. When we opened the door no more than 6", the smell was overwhelming of smoke so we had to close the door again. Went back to the front desk and they charged us MORE for a non-smoking room. Aren't those easier to keep clean and smelling fresh? That was a real disappointment. Our room's wall had patches in it from a repair but was never painted over - blue painted walls with a huge white patch. Nice and classy. This looked horrible. The furniture was very old and worn. The staff was not very friendly.

Um....it was close to where my niece lived.

• King Room - Smoking

Discrete employees and managers house keepers are respectful and are accommodating very hard workers and are quick! Love the team and the cleanliness the housekeeping is excellent here early check in for only 10$ more you can’t ask for more. Also unlimited coffee all day.

• King Room - Smoking

Smells like cigarettes throughout the building, had roaches in the room, uncomortable beds, and I couldn't get a refund back due to roaches in the room

• King Room - Smoking

I didn't like that I was told I could not have a guest over. I get motel rooms at least once a month to get away from my very noisy family for some peace and relaxation. And if is nice when friends come by to hang out when I have a room. But. I do not think I will get a room here again after being told I can't have guest over. Why pay for a room if I am meant to feel like I'm at home with Mom and Dad?

I liked the location and the surrounding stores near it. I have stood here a few times before and have left satisfied.

• King Room - Smoking

The beds were god awful. Wad like sleeping on concrete! My back hurts so bad it was supposed to be a vacation instead it turned into a dream for my chiropractor! Also they like to do their house keeping at 8:30 at night which I found really strange!

The staff were awesome! The desk managers were very nice!

• King Room - Smoking

I didn’t like that they charge more for a non-smoking room. The room I had smelled like cigar and I had my son with me. Having to pay extra $ a day for a non smoking room isn’t right.

I mainly liked the bed and the temperature. The bed was pretty comfy. Not too hard nor too soft. The pillows are a bit small and don’t have much cushion anymore. The room would get cold and hot really fast so I liked that I could cool down the room pretty fast.

• King Room - Smoking

Bed sheets had cigarettes burns, had to ask for toilet paper, sister woke up with bits all over her arms, no towels, had to bring her some from my home.. seeming like they wash their bedding in machine but air dry everything else hanging on the line... & ice dispense has been out of order for ever... old rooms save your $ peeps 🤣

• King Room - Smoking

Do like anything here..btotal waste of money.check in an hour earlier and I was charge $20 extra.

Very dirty and old things in room... chair in room was broken.. unbelievable. Room looks like my granny room in the village.

• King Room-Non Smoking

Room was filthy. Dirty socks in corner from previous guest. Dirty used plastic utensils on the floor tuner the deal. Nasty tissues on the floor by the bed. Food on the walls. Dirty!!

The bed was comgortable

• King Room-Non Smoking

The property is poorly maintained and dirty. The TV was not working properly as the cables needed tightened. When I tried to call the front desk the phone was not working. He replaced it after I called on my cellphone. Bathroom sink was slow but maintenance cleaned the pipes. No lamps or radio alarm clock or in room microwave. The bullet proof Glass and reserved for law enforcement parking spot was not inviting. Carpet needs replaced. The a/c was noisy and barely kept up with the heat. The bed needs new pillows (flat).

Price was good. Nice TV and refridgerator. The front desk clerk was responsive and was doing it all. King size bed but needs sheets that fit.

• King Room-Non Smoking

It would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room but McDonalds wasn't far away. They charge 50 cents for ice but no big deal. No real complaints.

It was fine for the price. Didn't know if there would be a refrigerator in the room but happily there was. The people were nice. I had originally told them I would be traveling alone. When I showed up with an extra person they did not charge me extra. No smoke smell in the room, no bed bugs. AC worked fine and not too noisy. Place was quiet although seemed to be quite full. I noticed this place had bad ratings from a few years ago but the current management seems to have fixed it up quite a bit. I have no complaints.

• King Room - Smoking

The hotel staff is extremely rude. They act like you cant speak to any other guest at the hotel or have visitors. If i have paid for my room i can talk to who i want and have q visitor im not 12 years. Facility is a drug den.

• King Room - Smoking

Rude unorganized staff with zero customer service skills. No toilet paper in the bathroom, had to go ask for some twice. They give you one tiny soap and one sad little shampoo bottle.

Close to where we needed to be

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The mattress was not at all comfortable.

I like that the room was at a affordable price the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and the property was quiet.

• King Room - Smoking

The hotel has clothe lines to dry their linens really? Microwaves in open hallways beeping all night.towels stain and hard as sandpaper . No closets or dresser for clothes.staff has personality of a cactus.They charge extra for non smoking room even though every door labeled non smoking and ashtrays are in rooms.they want you to sign a letter stating they can kick you out anytime with no refund at owners discretion.have a reserved parking space in front of hotel for police. Are they called that often?

Rooms were clean, but hotel lavked in every area beyond that

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I has bedbugs in my room. My kids got bite, I told them, they respond that there don't have that problem, so I showed them one and told them that is more at the room.Seems that they don't care.

• King Room - Smoking

It's in a tough neighborhood and the room doors looked banged up as if someone tried to break in. You have to pay for ice it's crazy. The owners don't take much pride in the rooms

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The place was filthy. The staff had poor attitudes. The room was infested with ants. I observed them accepting patrons who said they had no identification. Someone's car was stolen from the Lott and the staff was not helpful. I would never recommend that anyone stay here.

Not one thing.

• King Room-Non Smoking

Location, on. Border of area. Very basic:no coffee maker, no extras. No breakfast. Must pay for ice, or coffee from machine in lobby. Pay a little more for nicer place in area. The sheets for bed were not fitted & came off during night, air conditioner barely kept up and stunck.

The room was decent and remodeled within couple years

• King Room - Smoking

Nothing room was dirty had left over beer cans and bed un made. Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty!!!

• King Room - Smoking

As you walked into the room the floor sagged next to the wall of the bathroom. There was noise from normal traffic passing by. The shower head had a cloth wrapped around the threads thaat came out of the wall because it leaked. There was a coffee/tea machine in the office, it costed 50 cents per cup. How cheap. Next time I will spend an extra $20 per day to stay in a better place.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Horrible horrible stay. The room was filthy. Giles in the comforter, nasty stench, and dirty bathroom. Toilet and tub were disgusting. The bed didn't have propper bedding and there was black stuff on the mattress. I would never book this place again. Definitely not worth the money I paid.

There really in not one good thing I can say about this place.

• King Room - Smoking

Bathroom floor was a little sticky and the sheet on the bed kept coming off maybe the wrong side besides that very clean

Nice tv comfy bed and pillows pretty clean

• King Room-Non Smoking

Place looks and feels dirty and is in serious need of a restoration Front desk clerk was not the friendliest (remember this is supposed to be the "hospitality " industry) Lots of street noise The TV remote was held together with duct tape

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• King Room - Smoking

You could hear the neighbors noises, the messy construction area by the apartments and waking up to construction early in the morning. Beds were hard and the rooms smelled badly.

Having a private room.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Everything about the experience

Nothing. The staff are rude barely speak english and sont honor request. The halls smell like weed and people in and out all night. VERY RUDE STAFF.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

if you trying to book around noon this is not your place. and if you book online also. they want to charge their regular fee. I book to be there between 12 and 13 when I get there they told me that Checking time was at 3 but if I pay a $25. extra they will let me in. The stuff is very rude and very unprofessional at least the lady who was there at the time. if I would know about this issues for what I spend I easily would stay in a hotel. I don't recommended

location is close to shopping center.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

The entrance and exit are a hassle when you take your luggage to your room one way in and one way out.

Can't beat the price and the room is quiet. You can't hear the people next to you.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Bad area. Dirty old furniture. I sat in the chair and went through a deep hole in the seat. Legs up in the air. Could barely get up. Flat pillows. Old. Small. Don't reccommend.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• King Room - Smoking

Rather noisy--thin walls allowed music from next room in and around 1:00 AM someone started persistently knocking on someone's door for 20 minutes and kept at it with no response from the front desk. There's even a space marked "law enforcement only" out front next to the office!

Location was close to work.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• King Room - Smoking

The pillows, comforter and sheets were well used. The comforter was very undesirable to sleep with. It was unraveling at the stitching and had cigarette burns in several places. The sheets them selves did not stay on the mattress, every time I got out of the bed I had to adjust the sheets. Which I hate!!! The price for this room was not worth the price!! Oh yah I had to call the front desk to get towels and toilet paper when I checked in to the room. For the price I paid, I consider this place a rip off!!!!

The room was OK it's nothing to write home about.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• King Room - Smoking

There was no hot water and the place was noicey. Not quite at all. Only stayed one night and will never recommend OE stay there again. I would sleep out side first.....very bad

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

it the most dirty hotel that I saw in my life, no water, not clean, so noisy, no good staff I don't know how it is allowed for hotel in USA to be this dirty,

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• King Room - Smoking

I booked a non smoking room, in a non smokin area, but the room next to me smoke all night long and i could smeel it in my bathroom. It gave me a headache.

Nice design in the rooms, really pretty.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Everything, the service was horrible, the room was infested with roaches, and the hallways smelled like marijuana, lots of shady people walking around also this is not a family friendly place.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• King Room - Smoking

property had bees in the lobby and roaches in the rooms. The television remote didn't work and the air barely did.

semi friendly staff, good location

• King Room - Smoking

bees on the floor in the lobby and thoughout structure in mass quantities, thin walls that let me hear everything going on in the hallways and in adjoining rooms, the bed was uncomfortable being that it was on a stationare set on a hard metal noisy aparatus it was set on, the room was stuffy and smelled terrible

friendly service

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• King Room - Smoking

I think the owner was live there Behind my room. They were so noisy picking up pots and plates and loud TV. No coffee mashin, no wate, no shampoo, soup, nothing was in the room.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• King Room - Smoking

When I got there, I was in a hurry to check in and get to where I had to go. There was a sign that said "Be back in ten minutes." It was at least that. Areas where I would recommend improvements: The bottom sheet, was a flat sheet, so It came out overnight. The toilet seat was loose. The outside was unsightly and dirty, I hated to even touch the handrails, and I'm not squeamish about that sort of thing. Neutral, just observing: I was approached for money twice going to my car, but I don't care about that much. I'd have a small map as a giveaway that you could take to acclimate yourself to the area when you arrive. Ads could easily pay for it.

The rooms were clean. For what I paid, and for what I used the room for, basically to sleep, it was a good value.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Room needs improvement! Suitcase stand needed, wobble on ceiling fan although very nice to have a ceiling fan, some decor needed, no place to hang clothes, towels frayed, cars driving by made it hard to sleep. Ask to be away from the road or you will have the car noise. No little refrigerator. Name of hotel (Starlight Inn) is not outside. It is really called Rodeway Inn, but same address.

The bed was comfortable. Adequate shower pressure. No loud people at night coming in late and didn't hear noise from other rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Stale odor, no extra pillows, sheets didn't fit bed. I brought my own sheet and slept on top of bedspread after I sprayed with Lysol. Grounds were junky. Not the standards I'm use too. Will not be returning.

Price considering the area or so I thought.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Room - Smoking

It looked like they get robbed often so they put up bullet resistant glass in the lobby between you and the clerk. The only receipt I received for the stay was the little visa card authorization. The room was $90 and worth $35. Will never come back. Btw, booking.com said it was $89, then sent them a fax charging $90. A small amount, but a rip off nonetheless. If someone steals $1 or $100 dollars from you it's still stealing.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Tile floor got very cold with AC on; perhaps some slippers or a small bedside Matt would be helpful. Telephone did not work for outside calls - internal only. Normally not an issue, but my cel phone crashed so I needed a phone & it wasn't available. I ended up using Skype over the wifi - was ok, but wifi wasn't super quick.

Location was close to where I had meetings on Ventura Blvd. relatively a good rate compared to other options. Decor was so-so, but place was functional for what I needed.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Over priced for what they offered. Floors were dirty and felt the need to wear sandals in the room the entire time.

cable t.v., and mini fridge in room.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Room - Smoking

When I booked the hotel it was listed as Starlight Inn. When I arrived it says Roadway Inn. The hotel hangs the towels and bedspreads outside on the rails of the premise to dry after they wash them. The have a clothes line as well where they hang towels and sheets and bedspreads as well. (No comforters and no blankets) The Bedspreads have cigarette holes in them. I stayed in 3 different rooms I was there 4 nights. Each room and each bedspread had multiple holes in them. The toilet paper was horrible. It crumbles immediately. You have to wash yourself to remove the crumbling toilet paper from your private areas. If your hands are damp the tissue begins to disintegrates on contact. The pictures advertised a microwave in the room. Not one microwave in any room. However they have one microwave on each floor in the hallway, oh and a toaster. They do not have any non smoking rooms. Each room I was given was a spoking room despite my request for a non smoking room.

The staff at check in were nice.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Well we had to go buy blankets to cover the bed theres were dirty, blood on the walls. smelled like mold. Hookers in room down the hall, i could go on... was a waist of $80!

uhhh...

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• King Room - Smoking

The staff didn't speak good English and it was hard to have requests taken care of. The room had a funny smell and one of the towels they provided had black soot on it. The bed was very hard and the Wi-Fi was very slow. Horrible experience. I checked out a day early.

The bathrooms were updated and it was close to grocery and restaurants that stayed open late

• King Room - Smoking

Everything!!! From the receptionist, room, service, the motel itself!!! Never going back there, will never recommend it to.my friends!

• King Room - Smoking

The area and the Hotel itself.

Nothing....truck window smashed the day I arrived. Unfortunately I already paid so I couldnt leave.

• King Room - Smoking

Not able to do a late check out..

It was quite clean and comfortable.i look forward to staying again.

• King Room - Smoking

Noice and someboy was noking doors

Littlebit of noice everywhere like they were building or something

• King Room - Smoking

It was quite and easy to get to

• King Room - Smoking

Too much work for them to do

Place smells like cannabis in my room and hallway.

• King Room-Non Smoking

The bed didn’t have fitting sheet only flat sheet we sleep over the nasty matters didn’t like that 😠

The price only

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Bad toliet paper really bad

• King Room - Smoking

How is all bad calculated at a 2.5 rating? Your rating system is deceiving. This should be the lowest rating possible.

It was quite

• King Room - Smoking

No elevators Check in (3pm) and check out (11:00am) time.

The staff were friendly Cleanliness was excellent

Nothing since there was cops called for next door loud noise, lousy service