Reviews of SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard 2 stars

222 East 22nd Street , Lombard, IL 60148, USA

#1 of 9 hotels in Lombard

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

This property was a nice headquarters for a weekend in Chicago. It fully met our expectations.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had a little difficulty controlling the HVAC unit. The heat side blasted and the cool side was, well, cool.

Quiet. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was fine. Met all of my expectations for my stay.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good breakfast, nice staff, perfect location for nearby conferences
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Like a fan at night, and the air didn't have a setting to keep running. Made for a stuffy room.

Breakfast was good. Always hot eggs, breads, bagels and cereal. Yogurt and waffles as well. A hot pork meat every day too - sausage, bacon or sausage gravy.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I enjoyed the clean crisp sheets the floors were vacuumed...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That I didn't have more time to spend in the hotel.

I enjoyed the clean crisp sheets the floors were vacuumed everything was very clean. The coffee was nice and hot I truly enjoyed the visit.

Expected better for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small for the price; could have stayed at a Hilton for a little more; the refrigerator was loud; the pillows weren't comfortable; the sheets were scratchy; there wasn't a fan in the bathroom.

The staff was nice and accommodating; Liked that the hotel was in a quiet area.

The reviews are accurate! You get a clean stay, decent breakfast, and ample parking space
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Since it’s located next to the Extended Stay Hotel I saw a few dogs (pit bulls)and their owners in the parking lot, but they were leashed.

I liked the cleanliness of the room and hotel. The breakfast inclusion made it convenient for me during my morning routines. The breakfast menu is simple yet satisfying. I felt comfortable staying here for a total of 24 days.

The staff was friendly, as I would expect for someone...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I do not understand all of the good reviews for this hotel. It has a dark, orange-ish decor, The hallways are not air conditioned. The room air conditioner did not work properly and did not cool the room and was very loud. We could not communicate with room staff even for a very simple request, such as "please come back later." The sofa bed was old, the mattress was thin and uncomfortable. Should have stayed next door.

The staff was friendly, as I would expect for someone working with the public,

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Cleanliness issues
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Had issues with cleanliness. Had bloodstain on sheets that went all the way down to mattress pad clearly sheets had not been changed after previous guest. Took matter to front desk and was told nothing they could do due to management not being their until after my stay was over. Did provide me with clean sheets though.

Facilities were great, breakfast was great.

We stay here every time we travel to Chicago (which is at...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The beds are so soft and comfy but I never want to get out of the bed so that’s Never a bad thing

We stay here every time we travel to Chicago (which is at least 3 times a year) The first time we stayed here three or four years ago we fell in love!!! We have stayed here ever since! The staff is awesome the facility is nice and breakfast is amazing!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good quiet stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast would have benefited from sausage or bacon but that's being really picky!

Good parking. Easy to find. Room was quiet and had everything needed. Good shower. Comfy bed. Breakfast well laid out. Staff friendly.

It was in a good area that was quiet

I was given only one dry towel and one wash towel and it was two of us in the room so I had to wait until the next day to get an extra towel

It was in a good area that was quiet

Some kids were running in the hall and talking very loud...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some kids were running in the hall and talking very loud after 10 pm and decided to knock very loudly on my door. I think they mistook my room # for someone else in their group. First time this has ever happened since I have been staying in your hotel.

Convenient. Comfy. Cozy. Quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would like to see a microwave in the rooms. I usually try to get a first room to use the microwave in the lobby.

I love the comforts of the bed and the room as a whole. Set up for lights and the television channel selections are great for plenty of entertainment. Breakfast is wonderful!!!!

Breakfast was great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was great. Rooms were clean. And I love that fact that they have ALL channels. U never have to miss any of ur shows. Like the fact that the fitness center was 24 hours. Have stayed here many times. Will definitely go back again.

We enjoy our stay, this was the only time there has been a problem.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

there were ants in the bathroom and on the sofa. We call the front desk, we were offered another room, but we had put our belongs away. We were to tired to make the move.

For the purpose of this stay, generally speaking this accommodation met the need.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rooms should be updated. The pillow was very small and uncomfortable to sleep on.

Pricing was very good for the location. The room has a small fridge. Room/facilities are kept up well. Decent breakfast offering included in the stay.

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating at the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The television was much smaller than expected or standard in other comparable hotels. The toilet was very low. There is a lot of movement/noise in the morning, and the rooms are not quite sound proof.

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating at the front desk. The bed was spacious and comfortable. It was an extremely hot day, and the air conditioner kept the 1st floor room comfortable.

Very pleasant one night stay and will come back.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

TV didn't work in the room but it got fixed later. Breakfast was typical for this class of hotel but I would have preferred a choice of real eggs and also sausage.

Very pleasant staff. Hotel was very clean - including the room. Bed very comfortable and very nice bathroom. Breakfast area also clean and comfortable. The price was very good.

My stay was very good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing wrong with the hotel was that the Pillows. They were not good quality.

Everything was above average except the pillows on the bed We’re not good. Other than that everything else was above average I would rated very good. Get new pillows!

I would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place needs a bit of a face lift. The carpet in front of the bathroom door was badly worn and frayed which could have been an issue for tripping.

The place is clean and a good value for a hotel in Chicago. The beds were nice a firm and comfortable. Having a refrigerator was an added plus.

Allowed me to check out one hour late, two hours early.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Allowed me to check out one hour late, two hours early. Provided any amenities I requested promptly. Breakfast great value for price in $100 or less and this was $70

Ok but not great
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator was extremely loud and jerky. Our room was one of the end rooms so it was smaller than a standard room but no one made any mention of this at any point. Also the room was directly across from the stairwell and other guests were quite loud coming and going.

Clean, good breakfast, coffee and pretty good location for the price.

Confy place to stay

Breakfast could improve.

Staff extra helpful, room was spotless. Nothing to complain. I liked the computer at the lobby so I could print my boarding pass for my flight.

Enjoyed my stay!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

People were watching tv all night in the lobby as if it were their own living room.

Very clean and the location was great. Shopping and great restaurants near by.

The beds in this facility are some of the best hotel beds on...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was weak but for the price you pay, it was just fine. This is not a multi-course breakfast, again it is basic -- eggs, breads, cereals, yogurt, waffles, fruit, coffee, etc. -- basic. However, that is of least importance to me and wouldn't stop me from going back again and again. It's a very clean, basic facility. I stayed here during a remodel of my home. I come back is I needed a hotel.

The beds in this facility are some of the best hotel beds on which I have ever slept. The ease of access and proximity to dining was great! This is an excellent hotel but basic "no frills." Unless you're planning to spend a lot of time hanging out at the hotel, the location, pricing, and facilities are great!

AWESOME!!!!!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't have any complaints or dislike

I really loved how friendly and professional the staff was, didn't have a problem at all with anything. If I had a question or concern it was handled, when I needed to change rooms it was done without hesitation. I really enjoyed myself and do have plans on making this a habit of booking here. Thanks for everything and I love this place!!!

My stay was convenient, comfortable and relaxing!

No complaints :)

Room was nice. Liked the layout with the sofa and king bed. Liked the swivel TV I have no complaints. The wardrobe closet was nice too. The breakfast was good...eggs, sausage, coffee, donut..all good. Seating was nice...watched the weather while I was eating.

I was very pleased with everything about the facility and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front doors need a heater above them that turns on when the doors are opened to keep the cold air away from the lobby.

I was very pleased with everything about the facility and the continental breakfast. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

a good stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

breakfast could be a little better but it was okay; there are a lot of restaurants in the area so it was fine

we had an impromptu stay at your location; i am accustomed to b/w but not this chain; i was satisfied with the stay; very clean room, found no hidden issues; if we had to we would stay again

Money well spent & I have NO regrets!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like not having a microwave in the room.

Me & my significant other like to get a way on the weekend. We’ve tried other hotels in the same area & we weren’t really pleased, but our weekend stay here was fabulous. The room was very clean, staff was very professional, bed was comfortable, room was modern, the tub & shower was great, the hotel was in a good location & reasonably priced.

Stay somewhere else!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The a/c-heating unit was noisy, I got scalded because the hot and cold faucet in the shower was backwards! And I do not know what moron bought the pillows, but he should be fired! Who ever thought an adult could sleep on a 18"x12" pillow is wrong! This place was a total disappointment. Not to mention after driving 3 1/2 hours there I had to wait over ten minutes to check in at 11:30pm because the desk clerk was confused by another customers complaints that the Wi-Fi did not work!

The eggs were fake milk based product! I was sick for 6 hours after eating them! The Belgium waffles tasted like cardboard. The pastries had colored filling with no taste! I travel to Chicago several times a month and based on the reviews I read, I looked forward to this very disappointing experience! Stay at a Holiday Inn or any of the Hilton group of hotels. Pay the extra $10-12.00!

My card was charged more than it should've been they...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My card was charged more than it should've been they were only supposed to hold $50 for incidentals and they held more than $50 they held like an extra $27 for what reason I have no idea and they stated to me that they only have 50 but I showed him my bank statement showing they have more and I was trying to pay a bill that next morning and I couldn't because it took too much money and had it on hold so now I may have a late fee with my bank because they're going to hold my money for at least 4 to 5 days

Staff was pleasant.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The toilet made extremely loud noise every time the guest in the next room flushed their toilet. It was very distracting throughout the day and woke us up at night.

Staff was pleasant. Comfy bed, spacious bathroom and good breakfast.

Room was large and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only downside was they promised me a receipt for the room by email but it never came, so I have to ask them for that now.

Room was large and comfortable.

Good hotel , good location , great value , customer service needs help for sure
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had been inconvenienced by the staff , and I explained this to new person on duty , and they said “ I’m sorry I can’t help u “

Staff didn’t do much to help . Too much to detail but they certainly could’ve done more to accommodate me . I stay there all the time and they know me and I tip the people too . I don’t know if I’ll stay there again

Short, sweet stay.

n/a

The room was really nice, and comfortable. Im a little sad that I only had a one night stay because the place seemed really nice and in a great part of town.

Great hotel overall. Worth way more than the cost
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great stay overall. Staff are extremely friendly and accomodating. The room, bathroom and general hotel are spotlessly clean and maintained that way. Bed very comfy, tea/coffee available in the lobby 24 hours and the breakfast is spot on. No complaints to be had and look forward to staying again.

I stayed for two days.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I stayed for two days. I would rate this place as 20 out of 20, if I could. At that price you get a high-level accommodations. Thank you for that experience, SureStay.

Super clean, quiet hotel, excellent location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pull out sofa, but I don't think that impacts review.

For as little as I paid, I was worried. Worry no more! Yes it is an older hotel, but squeaky clean and very well maintained. I don't recommend sofa bed for more than a night. But very friendly staff, clean quiet hotel with a nice breakfast with a variety of choices, and lots of space to sit. Excellent location close to lots of restaurants and shopping. I frequently visit family in Lombard/Downers Grove, so I'll be back!

Not bad. Is not easy to get into Chicagoo city centre if you are not driving.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Lack of easy access to public transport. Not a suitable place for non car owner

This was in the surburb there was not that much to see. There was a shopping mall about 20 minutes down the Road.

Good vale for money
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast is very basic and it cannot be called breakfast. They can at least offer proper plates and cutlery.

I came to Chicago for Chicago marathon. This hotel + rent a car was bgt option for me. With traffic you need 45-60 minutes driving to down town. Hotel and room is clean and room was more than comfortable. Very close ( 10 minutes walk) is great shoping area. Lombard area for me in general is very nice. Value for my money in this hotel is very good.

so very clean ,very friendly staff, great hot breakfast,...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner in the room wasn't amazing, had a little trouble with the shower handle sticking

so very clean ,very friendly staff, great hot breakfast, easy access to the city by highway, very quiet rooms

Perfect for families and those not wanting to spend an arm/leg. Great neighborhood.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hallways were very warm, going from your room to the hall was a huge change. Elevator was a little shaky. Room would be cozy if the sofa sleeper was being used. Very low water pressure.

Great breakfast, room was what we expected for the price. Loved the bathroom, you could sit on the toilet and not have the door in your knees!

Great staff, comfy bed, good value, take the stairs.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The elevators were straight up scary. The entrance to the room was very narrow. They could have gone with a little less furniture in the room. The shower seemed very narrow as well.

The hotel was relatively easy to find. Parking wasn't bad. The staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable. This was actually one of the nicer beds I have slept on at a hotel in a really long time. I would have preferred the bed here to one that I slept on at a Hilton hotel if that says anything.

Great value, comfortable friendly environment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The AC in the building was out, so hallways and breakfast room/front desk area were HOT. But AC in our room worked fine, so room atmosphere was very comfortable. Staff was apologetic and cheerful (even though they were were working without AC!)

The staff was very personable. Silvia at the front desk was great, felt like a friend. She seems to enjoy her work. Clean, comfortable room, spacious bathroom, quiet building, tasty breakfast.

Great stay despite the booking mistake.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Our reservation did not cross over from you, Booking.com. This could have been a disaster, but I had the confirmation email from Booking.com, and the hotel honored it. You need to look at your cross over process. I would have been highly upset if I hadn't been able to get a room because of your mistake!

Staff were friendly and courteous. Very helpful.

one night wonder!!
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

can't think of anything

It was safe--they had camera's that surrounded the facility and we had a trailer and kayak on the car so that was a main concern. The staff was friendly and very helpful

This was literally the cleanest hotel I've ever been to.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I'm a tall person and it seemed like the bathroom vanity and toilet were a couple inches lower than normal. The showerhead height was fine though, which is the most important part.

This was literally the cleanest hotel I've ever been to. Everything was immaculate and the bed would have made a drill sergeant weep tears of joy. Hats off to the housekeeping staff. There was also plenty of space in my room. I would definitely come here again!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Very dissapointed in service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested a crib during booking but was not in the room and when i called down they said there was only one for the whole hotel and it was in use.Calling for extra blankets later on to compensate for the crib i was told i had to go get them myself which caused a problem because i was with kids that couldn't be left alone.

Price & Breakfast

One of the best place to stay in Lombard
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I have nothing negative to say.

The location was great. The hotel it self was just great. very friendly staff, the rooms were very clean. clean/fresh towels everyday. Didn't get a chance to eat the breakfast. but, I would stay at this hotel again if I come back to Chicago.

Perfect stay for my money
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The temperature was either too cold or too hot.

The front desk person Alice was so much help because I was having issues with the current room size so she helped me upgrade and made everything so smooth for my mom and me. Breakfast was awesome also. The Staff was super friendly.

Cheap and clean and a few extras
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Outside looks a little rough; hotel "gym" is just a dingy room with two working pieces of equipment

Cheap and clean, free wifi and free breakfast

A great experience with Sure Stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A-1 in my opinion. If you need a critic, room was cramped after opening the fold a bed from the sofa. But mind you, this was a very minor issue

Liked the location. Away from the heart of the city yet close enough

Good value for money accommodation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good, basic accommodation. Well located with respect to highways, near the Yorktown mall. Super value for money. Basic continental breakfast was provided. Note that this was called Stay Inn until recent months.

Great place to stay!!

Na

The front desk lady was AWESOME!!! Breakfast was great!! Crowded on the weekend, but they really worked hard to kept the good coming to meet the needs of the crowd.

My booking was a little messed up - my confirmation email...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My booking was a little messed up - my confirmation email reflected that I was staying two nights, but when I arrived at the hotel, they only had a reservation for one night. This required that I check in again on the second day and get a new key. A little inconvenient.

More than we expected!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We liked everything about the property. It was easy to locate, centrally located. In an attractive and quiet area.

Everything! More 5hsn we expected for the price! Planning to stay again next month ,bringing family. For the price couldn't beat it. Clean, friendly and very comfortable.

Great stay for a week. :)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing missing was a pool. My kids were sad the website said a pool was on site and then there was no pool.

Wonderful breakfast everyday, comfy beds and great space for myself, husband and two kids. :)

Solo Traveler
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The only slight criticism is that the breakfast scrambled "eggs" weren't real. The breakfast offered was OK and similar to other hotels of this type. Not great but not too bad. Would prefer a separate shower cubicle rather than being in the bath, but not a huge deal. I will stay again for sure.

The hotel is clean and rooms are nice for a very reasonable price. I have stayed a few times before when I'm in town for an event. Bed was comfortable. On-site parking and free WiFi are appreciated.

Overall, could have been excellent
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Pillows, blanket too warm, air conditioning unit Did not stop cycling when set to lower temperature along with no additional cooling

Accomodating staff, clean, bathroom, Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Good value for money and close to train station
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast quality is quite low.

Quiet location and good size rooms. Only about 15 minutes drive to Lombard train station (Metra), which will take you to downtown Chicago in 40 minutes for $12 return trip.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The breakfast bar was nice especially the waffles and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were sometimes not at the front desk but could be heard in the back. One morning a staff door was open, linens I think, and there was a beer bottle on the cart! The staff could have been more friendly. The pamphlets of things to do was well stocked at the front door but it would have been nice if it was also well stocked by the front desk. The beds sloped towards the head of the bed. The room had a slight odor of vomit but we weren't around much.

The breakfast bar was nice especially the waffles and potatoes. Eggs were definitely lacking, very processed. Nice selection of food though. Pleasant atmosphere for eating.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Nice place, value for the money.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

AC made way too much noise and had to be shut off in the night to be able to sleep

Comfortable room, it was very clean and the bed was good as well. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Would definitely come back & also would recommend to anyone to stay here.

I really have no cons.

I was very pleased with the check-in process & the employees at the front desk, they were very helpful. I was also pleased w/the room, it was just as I had hoped it would be.

Room was very clean, beds were comfortable and temp was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dining room is far too small at breakfast for a hotel of this size. We went to the dining room several times attempting to get breakfast but the room was always too full. We ended up having to take our food back to our room to eat. The hot stuff was then cold by the time we reached the room. Coffee cups need to be larger and better insulated. Heat comes through cup very quickly and becomes far too hot to hold safely.

Room was very clean, beds were comfortable and temp was easily adjustable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay at this location again if in the area.

The staff was great the property boobs very clean and the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Well they changed the name to surestay which was confusing at first and hopefully that you guys change it on your site luckily that I went in and inquired about the name change and yes they still accepted my reservations other than that sure stay is an awesome place

The staff was great the property boobs very clean and the room was excellent

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great value
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There should be an obvious sign saying "Stay Inn" on the side of the property; I drove right by it and had to double back.

The gentleman who checked me in was extremely nice, and the lobby area was very pleasant and inviting. The hotel and my room were super clean, and that is really the only thing that would be a deal breaker for me. My room was very pleasant, not huge but completely practical for my needs. The very biggest draw of all is the reasonable price. I have paid quite a bit more for rooms that are not any better, and sometimes not as clean.

Good in the beginning but definitely upset about my room number being disclosed to outside people
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast always served pork as a hot food which I thought was unfair. The nightdesk clerk gave my room number to a call in which I thought violated my privacy. So regardless of the clean environment that made me change my comfort with this location.

The housekeeping service

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

My home away from home
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The parking availablility. Once I was off work there wasn't a lot of spaces for me to park, but next door.

The friendliness of the staff. The breakfast just enough to jumpstart my day.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Cosy place to stay near Chicago
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No opportunity to open a window, but the AC was good enough.

Limitless coffee Good location - not far from Chicago downtown + good neigbours Rich breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great stay at Stay Inn!!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing! Everything was great!

The room was clean and comfy, and the bed was great! It even had a small fridge and a couch! The breakfast had a nice variety of food from which to choose, both hot and cold.

I would recommend your hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Your breakfast bar was ok. but we were not impressed with the eggs; however, my husband thought your biscuits and gravy were very good.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Other than sleeping, we did not spend a lot of time in the room. Good value.

Good stay in good hotel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

REALLY object that breakfast is served with disposable cutlery, cups, plates - the environment does not need 100+ extra sets of this dumped on it every day! They have a kitchen, and I think having dishes and dishwasher cannot be THAT hard.

The included breakfast was better than one usually gets for free.

Great Stay. Manager Never Availble
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I have had the issues of the past of being given a room that was already occupied then given a room and the door wouldn't open not even for them. And I was told that the manager would help me in my rate, but no matter when I called or visited he was NEVER availble.

Breakfast and the cost!

Great value!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I have stayed at this location several times over the last year. The thing I have missed is better gym. The gym is small, only pieces of equipment and they are old. I understand how difficult it is to allocate space, but a better gym would be nice.

Housekeeping is very efficient and helpful. Breakfast service, as usual, was excellent.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Nice and comfortable after a long day.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ceiling over the tub needs to be finished. I didn't expect to look up and see the ceiling in disrepair.

I liked the convenience of this Stay Inn and the accessibility of the front desk staff, and housekeeping staff. Everyone was very courteous & respectful.