Reviews of Staypineapple at The Alise Chicago 4 stars

1 West Washington, Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL 60601, USA

#17 of 155 hotels in Chicago

9.7

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The staff were very responsive.

No complaints.

The staff were very responsive. High-floor rooms have a great view. Very comfortable beds. Everything in the room was clean, in good condition. The hotel itself is in an interesting old building with great character. Rooms are perhaps on the smaller side but adequate.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Would return if visiting Chicago again. Would highly recommend to friends and family.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms should have a small fridge for additional guest comfort. Rooms are somewhat small. Would have preferred the option of a breakfast buffet included in the price. It helps cut down on time restraints.

The location was fantastic Located in the heart of the Loop.! The old building has kept many of its charms in its interior décor. The beds are a treat, in themselves. No problem sleeping well. Room was impressively quiet, considering the location.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Disappointing stay at Alise hotel.
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Our second floor room was incredibly noisy, with both noise and light coming in from the street. The housekeeping staff left it to me to make the bed with a top sheet. While fthis is not the default, having seen that this is how I made the bed, they might have put on the sheet when they cleaned rather than leaving it on the bed for me to make. Bathroom dingy and dated, tub faucet coming out of tub.

Building is architecturally beautiful.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

I will give 10+++++ if I can.

I will give 10+++++ if I can. I was sick when I arrive Chicago 8:00 in the morning, front desk allowed me to check in early in the morning. Also the bad setting is really clean. I love pluffy quilt so much. I will definitely choose his hotel next time.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Couldn’t have been better we loved our stay.

Nothing everything was fantastic. My only complaint was we couldn’t stay longer. Vacation was over.

This place was absolutely great. The staff is so friendly and accommodating, the place is beautiful and very clean, location was awesome it was close to everything and food was also very good. Can’t say enough it was a great stay we will definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Front desk staff used insensitive language and was rude.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Front desk staff used insensitive language and was rude. I made a complaint about it. The day manager was a lovely lady and reasonable. I am still waiting for the written response though...

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fabulous!
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The beds were unbelievably soft. That was our only problem with our stay.

The ENTIRE staff was unbelievably wonderful. From the front desk staff to the waiters to the maid. We also saw the maid in the elevator twice where she asked us if we needed anything. While having breakfast the next day we saw her outside washing windows and she waved to us. Friendly, friendly, friendly. And because it was my best friend’s 60th birthday-which was the reason for our visit-the front desk sent up a bottle of wine. Nice touch, that. Great location and love the Zee artwork!

So very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was the best. Checking in and out was amazing. Respectful and helpful. Dining in restaurant was great. I had stayed at Alise in Boston and it was so nice I chose to stay at Alise in Chicago. I was not disappointed.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The location is Excellent.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room is small for family trip.

The location is Excellent. 5 minutes to Millennium park. A lot of restaurants and shopping centers in a few minutes by walk.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

A boutique hotel in the perfect location.

Nothing. It was perfect!

A boutique hotel in the perfect location. Great vibe and just loved everything about the hotel. It’s also very pet friendly

Great stay!
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

They bed cover was very heavy. Maybe they should go for a lighter option

I loved this hotel. They have friendly staff and they offered endless bottled water, tea, coffee, ear pads and even a makeup remover. I love their pineapple theme.

Great views of the city!

Great views of the city! Many shopping stores and eateries within walking distance! Loved loved the high ceilings and big open space and light windows provided!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Classic style with modern Clean, comfy, close convenience
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

This property is conveniently located near shopping and theater. We easily walked to dinner and the theater, and the next morning did a bit of close by shopping. The hotel has a classic cool vibe, but all the modern conveniences you could ask for. The most comfortable beds and a great shower.

Excellent, we stay here every time we come to Chicago.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Super comfy bedding, great location, friendly staff. Breakfast in the lobby restaurant was delicious. They think of everything -- it poured rain one day, so having the umbrella was so helpful.

Overall experience was acceptable but it was the staff that made the experience worthwhile.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The pet friendly policy would keep me from staying at this hotel again.

Location to the theater district and parks were definitely the best part of our stay.

The location was very convenient, and it felt safe walking...

The hotel amenity fee. Of course, they gave is unlimited amount of bottled water, but for an additional $15 or $16 / night. It was totally not worth it.

The location was very convenient, and it felt safe walking around the neighborhood even late in the evening.

Large, clean suite with nice views of the city.
    • Millennium Park King Suite

Bathroom in millennium park suite was a notch above motel 6 grade: it's tiny, no counter space, fixtures leak, a bunch of crappy wall dispensers of low quality shampoo and conditioner (I counted, it took TWENTY pumps of shampoo to get any lather on my whole head). There is zero water pressure in the shower, it's a sad dribble, and the water only gets to warm, not hot. Elevators are soooooo slow and one kept getting stuck, with us in it. Actually getting ahold of the free bikes always meant waiting in line behind people checking in while front desk staff played history tour guide and concierge - once waited 15 minutes while two front desk people helped the two customers directly in front of us to get the bikes... so we barely made it to where we were going on time. They need another process for that, every minute I spend waiting for someone else to check in is a minute of my vacation gone on someone else's dinner reservation. Oh, and the bed has super sharp wood corners that you are guaranteed to bang yourself on. I have a massive bruise and a cut on my leg from the ridiculously sharp corners.

Large, clean suite with nice views of the city. Free bikes for use around town. Pet friendly, they even give you a nice doggie bed.

Not worth $275 + per night.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was smaller than pictured. If there was a free breakfast in am we were not told about it. Parking overnight was very expensive ($62 a night).

Quiet and friendly staff

I love Chicago
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property location is great. It is steps away from millennium park, shopping, and restaurants. Staff at front desk was very nice. I loved the view from my window. Room was clean, and the bed was so comfortable.

This hotel is superb!

This hotel is superb! Superb location, superb room, superb facility, superb staff! If coming back to Chicago, I'll choose this hotel again without question, highly recommended!

A perfect five day stay in Chicago.
    • Executive King Suite

Would have been nice to have had tablets of soap in the bathroom rather than the soap and shampoo containers hanging off of the wall. .Just a minor preference. Absolutely no other complaints!

Delightful building in a perfect location close to all the action Comfortable room and bed. Very helpful staff. Good bar and restaurant with big windows and city street views. Highly recommended!

This is where you should stay during your trip to Chicago
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is not enough I can say about this hotel. It was super clean, beautiful, and the staff was always going above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. The location is perfect for anyone wanting to visit and tour. I would def go back and will seek out Staypineapples hotels to stay at in the future.

Beautiful building - great location!
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The room was very small. I expected something larger, as our party consisted of five people. I also would have liked to have known the valet price ahead of time so I could have planned accordingly (cash for tips and such).

The atmosphere was very nice and the staff were personable and friendly. Very accommodating toward families as well.

Excellent pick!!

The location was great. Close to the theatre and also close to shopping and dining. We had breakfast at the hotel and the food was excellent as well as the service. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Can’t wait to go back.

Very Good!

The room was small bed fram was old and beddings weren't fit Bathroom was old and wallpaper in the shower, really? Come on.....it was very good for the price we paid though

I liked everything outside the room and the breakfast was really good.

It was Wonderful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Loved it all. Will definitely stay there again.

The Bed and Bedding was the best I've ever experienced! Number one....hands down! Heavenly! Loved it all

Good Hotel in Chicago.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathrooms always have rust, or something that makes them look not 100% clean. The vent on the roof looks old.

It is close to my office, employees are nice, the rooms are Ok.

Couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The vintage feel of this place is amazing. The free cupcakes, water and coffee were a nice touch. And although we didn’t get to use them, the bicycles were a cool service to have.

Historical building with modern amenities.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Historical building with modern amenities. Close to Park and theatre district. A little farther to river North and miracle mile, but OK to walk if you are fit.

We died and went to hospitality heaven

I didn't like having to leave. Wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely stay here again and again.

I liked the modern decor and amenities while still keeping the architectural integrity of the historic building. We really felt safe and comfortable in our suite. The bed and bedding were super comfortable, the location was perfect, and the price was just right. Every employee we met during our stay felt genuinely happy to be working there. I was excited to see the Hotel is in Chicago's Top Ten best places to stay. I enjoyed waking up to room service breakfast and the view of the sunrise overlooking the lake. My daughter loved the ability to cast her Netflix show on STREAM PINEAPPLE.

I was travelling for work with a colleague and we had an...

I was travelling for work with a colleague and we had an extremely positive experience overall. The beds were particularly comfortable, and the wifi was good.

Probably would stay there again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms and bed were a little small for 4 ppl. I booked for 4 and the resv booking made it appear that the beds were queen size. They were not.

Staff was excellent. Location was excellent to the theater, train and shopping

A charming hotel.

The lady at front reception was exceptionally terse and ensured our arrival experience was sub-threshold. Would have given staff an excellent rating if not for her as everyone else was amazing. As my teenage son commented "if you want to be that p***** off and grumpy why work in customer service on the front desk, what was her problem?"

A charming hotel. Awesome restaurant, food was excellent and staff were fabulous. Super spacious rooms. Excellent fitness centre for a hotel. Loved it.

Great hotel with a great location!

My wife and one of the couples we were traveling with got stuck in the elevator while we were there. Not exactly a warm and fuzzy feeling. I also would have preferred having a credit card style key, opposed to a metal key jabbing me in the leg while in my pocket. We also would have preferred a traditional bed that was premade for us. The comforter that was part of the "naked experience" ended up on the floor more times than I could count.

We were upgraded to a King Suite and it was amazing! Large windows lit the room very well with natural light. Everything was very clean and modern. Made us feel at home. We would stay at this property again. The location was great! Most of the places we ate and visited were within a few blocks of the hotel.

Loved the "naked" bedding experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was not a fan of the pillows. They were not fluffy and soft. More like bags of flour.

Loved the "naked" bedding experience. The sheets and duvet were super soft and comfy! The location of this hotel was outstanding! Could not have picked a better spot. Also, the staff was friendly and attentive.

Beautiful historic building, right in the heart of the Loop,...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We liked our stay overall. Some small things we didn’t like include a very noisy fan of the AC in the room, basic bathroom amenities (no toothbrush cup, for example). Also, what’s the hidden $10/ night amenity charge for? If a manager reads this, please let me know.

Beautiful historic building, right in the heart of the Loop, walking distance to Millennium Park. The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy. I slept very well.

My new favorite historic Chicago hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loved this historic downtown Chicago hotel! Bigger rooms, better view than the other two historic hotels I love. Beautiful architectural elements including wrought iron and original tile floors. Needed 2 beds but only queen available; no cots allowed in this hotel. But, the daybed was perfect for my young son. Great location; Walgreens and Target both within one block, Millennium Park just blocks away. Cupcake hour: 3:30-5:30! We were able to check in when we got there at noon.

Beautiful, charming hotel!

Beautiful, charming hotel! Great location!! Hidden gem in the center of Chicago. Staff was wonderful! They upgraded our room & had a special treat waiting in our room, as we were celebrating our anniversary. I loved the multi-device pineapple charger in the room.. Wish I had one at home. I would definitely stay here again!!

EXCITING and relaxing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We loved the historical look, yet it was modern. We also loved the room,it was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. The customer service was wonderful and it was a nice touch with the pineapple themed robes, slippers, soap and pillows in the room. I loved it!

The Alise was very luxurious in every way, but reasonably...

Nothing! It was amazing!

The Alise was very luxurious in every way, but reasonably priced. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and down to earth.

Great experience, excellent room, view and location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great experience, excellent room, view and location. The room was spotless, bed/sheets were excellent. The robes & slippers were a nice touch. Convenient unlimited water bottles. The staff was was friendly and accommodating. Just enough pineapples in the decor. Definitely will stay again.

We never stay anywhere else.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Booking.com had me booked for an additional date that I didn't book--the dates I did want were reserved though.

That they accommodate pets, even though I did not travel with mine. Bed awesome. Staff excellent. That they donate funds to animal shelters. Food excellent in restaurant. Wonderful location...all of that.

Exceeded all expectations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing. It was splendid.

The staff, more than anything else — and the rest was wonderful too —, was exemplary. I cannot even begin to say how wonderful they were. Lindsey, Del, and Tabitha in particular were outstanding, though that is not to say that any others were less than great.

good.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

restaurant does not open at seven on Saturday and Sunday.

good location. takes three minutes to Washington station, and seven minutes to Millennium station.

Bed was great, quiet at night, room well appointed, food in...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was great, quiet at night, room well appointed, food in restaurant was excellent and staff were wonderful. Super experience! Would stay there again and have already recommended to others.

Beautiful hotel in a great location at a reasonable price!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Beautiful hotel and room, awesome location, super nice staff (Darnell at the front desk was extremely helpful and hospitable), great value. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to friends and family.

The staff, particularly Darnell, is amazing.

Our room this time was a little dark. Could've used one more lamp.

The staff, particularly Darnell, is amazing. Restaurant downstairs is fantastic, room is super comfortable and clean. The location is excellent.

The goodies and gifts that were left in the room for my...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking situation. No water fountains or vending. People that are medically disabled should be forewarned about the zero self parking and no beverage available on hand. Must buy from very expensive restaurant downstairs at an outrageous amount for water. The mandatory valet charge is very blindsided to us. $67 All in all to stay there you better be ready to spend additional hundreds of dollars on misc items to comfortably stay. Beautiful hotel, and friendly staff. Their personal touches, and city views are top notch. Very worth the stay especially if you love pineapples like my daughter.

The goodies and gifts that were left in the room for my daughter were greatly appreciated!

Ovweall a very comfortable and nice place to stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No top sheet on the bed was a problem since the comforter was too warm. Room need ed some repairs and a better cleaning. Was a bit disappointed.

Location was excellent . Perfect for our needs. Hotel is very nice and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Would recommend for couples or for business.

Friendly and helpful staff, perfect location mid-town, close...

Friendly and helpful staff, perfect location mid-town, close to CTA station, room had amazing view on state @ Washington street. But pricy but worthwhile !!!

A lovely hotel!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The wine was very expensive for 2 glasses. The room was small, but for one person it was fine.

First, I arrived a few hours early and Ithe room was ready. I loved the original details of the hotel and the large windows in the room with a great view of downtown. Excellent value and so much fun that my friend was able to bring her dog and we were able to sit in the lobby and have drinks.

Amazing

Too short is stay! Lol.

Champagne on ice with cupcakes and personal note, excellent staff who made us feel very welcome and important, beautiful and comfortable room with amazing view

pretentious
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The concept does not convince. It all looks like trying to be hip by all means but not getting there. And a mandatory surcharge for water and coffee makers in the rooms is just a no-go for a hotel of this category.

very friendly staff

Great location, friendly staff, but uncomfortable bed which cost me quality sleep.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Mattress and the food. Too expensive for the quality.

Staff was extremely friendly and more that accommodating. They updated our room from a queen to a king after seeing how tall my partner was at no cost. After complaining about the room service, they removed various fees (I spent $60, got $20 off).

it was pleasant and comfortable. bit more noisy as I expected this time.

I have asked to have room at higher floor, I got on 6th. The receptionist said he wanted to give me bigger room, which I accepted. The room was same as on 14th floor, but I would of prefer 14th floor

I like to stay at Staypineapple in Chicago, because it is well located, friendly, nicely kept hotel. I prefer to stay at higher floors though because of the view and noise from outside.

Beautiful hotel in the heart of the city.
    • Executive King Suite

The only thing we did not like was the bedding. Two duvet covers were provided for the king bed. We would have preferred a traditional top/bottom sheet with cover. Hate duvet covers. Only upon checkout did we learn that sheets were available for the traditionalists.

Ssssshhhhh don't tell everyone, this is THE place to stay in Chicago.

No complaints. A perfect downtown hotel.

Everything. The staff go out of their way to look after you. My room with a corner view out over State Street amd down to Millennium Park was spacious, clean and had everything I needed.

Beautiful, hospitable hotel.
    • Executive King Suite

Parking is expensive ($60), but on par with all downtown hotels. Got a great spot across the street for $20 using SpotHero.

Staff was very friendly. Hotel’s history and decor were interesting and fun. Very comfortable bedding. Had a corner room with a great view. Excellent proximity to theater district.

I like that Stay Pinneaple Hotel has character.

There can be noisy rooms and less noisy rooms.

I like that Stay Pinneaple Hotel has character. is very well located, people are nice and helpful and I like to come back there again. It has also good restaurant. It is clean hotel!

Very centrally located and convenient to visit attractions

Since I was travelling with kids, a bit more of a comment area to sit and read a paper or book would be helpful.

Very centrally located and convenient to visit attractions

We have a wonderful stay and would definitely come back.
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Room was very small and crowded with 4 people. A lot of street noise.

Beds were very comfortable and we loved the individual duvets. The location was perfect.

Great view, great location, nice hotel small rooms!!

During checkout no staff was at the front desk therefore I had to wait which caused me to pay extra money due to my uber waiting outside

Bed was really comfortable, view was nice, directly across the street from Macy's in the shopping district,

Loved the style and functionality of room.

The room was a bit small for my taste. I think the breakfast at the Atwood should last longer.

Loved the style and functionality of room. The location can not be beat. The room had no air leaks and remained warm, even on the coldest night of the new year.

Overall, we liked the hotel and would stay again, but are hoping they get a better valet system.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We really should've dropped off our luggage at the hotel, drove our car to a nearby parking garage and walked back but, because we were in a rush, we decided to valet the car, which was an additional $65 a night, but the real crummy part was that we were told our car would be out front 5 minutes after checking out and we ended up waiting a whole hour in the lobby waiting on our car with others getting their vehicles before us that hadn't waited as long. Also, breakfast was not free, but we knew that when we reserved the room.

The hotel was in a great location, close to the Bean park, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and the provided robes and slippers were great. What we loved most was that you were able to purchase this little plush dog for $25 and a portion is donated to local humane societies and animal shelters.

Great beds!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

...although the water is included, we would have preferred fewer, larger bottles of drinking water (preferably glass), and not lots of small plastic bottles, it is just such a waste for a family to drink all water from 0,5L bottles. That is a lot of plastic in a few days. The parking service was great, but expensive and it took about 40 minutes for us to get our car back.

What we liked the best with this hotel, was by far the beds, and the bedding. The European style bedding, with sheets which cover BOTH sides of the duvet (like a bag for the duvet insert) is more hygienic (compared with the simple sheet with a duvet/blanket on top as is common in the US), and the cotton blend was soft and amazing. We had too many pillows (if that is possible) and the beds were soft yet firm. We slept really, really well in those beds! The location is great, the "Chicago" sign was outside our window, and we could even see some of lake Michigan in the distance. It is only a very short walk to the Millennium park with all the attractions. We did not try the restaurant, but it looked very nice. Great that water is included but... (see below)

When we arrived at the Hotel there was one clerk checking...

When we arrived at the Hotel there was one clerk checking people in while two others stood close by chatting to each other. There was a line and we were fourth in line., with people behind us as well. What should have taken just a few minutes took longer than need be.

The hotel was beautiful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wish they offered some type of complimentary drink ticket or a discount at the bar for the evening happy hr

The hotel was beautiful. The bed was comfortable and I loved the bar area. The room was big enough for my daughter and I and the pineapple decorations were really cute. I loved that we could take home the slippers

awesome Alise!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Building is architectural beauty from 19th century, built by famous architect. You would feel it's charm from the moment you got in. Bed is so comfy and downy, like you sleep on a cloud...wanna indulge yourself the whole day... Food in restaurant is mandatory! You can't afford to miss it. Friendly staff on front desk, very nice and helpful! Perfect location! Can't wait to come again!

A wonderful experience in downtown Chicago
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was quite quiet. We had a wonderful view of State Street. Keurig coffeemaker in the room! And the staff was so friendly.

Rate was good. Missed the “happy hour” that the Burnham had. Will try again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed coverings were uncomfortable and kept sliding off the bed. Would much prefer traditional sheets and blanket. Service in the Atwood at breakfast was not good. Eggs under cooked and I had to get up to ask for more coffee.

Location and staff

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was nice. My 10 year old daughter really liked using a key to open the door, cupcakes and pineapple water and the fluffy comforter. We will be back next year for our yearly Mommy/Daughter yearly adventure

Location, view, friendly staff, and comfortable room make this property a real winner!

A coffee station in the lobby with to-go mugs would have been a nice touch.

Exceptional staff and well-maintained property. I would definitely return to this hotel for my next trip to Chicago.

Perfect room, perfect location, perfect amenities
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loved everything - truly!

From the moment we arrived, we felt as if we were part of a lovely family. Every member of the Chicago Alise family was kind, professional, comforting and knowledgeable. We were regularly asked if there was anything more we needed. Our room had incredible corner views of the Chicago loop. While I would have been thrilled to stay in the room the entire time (the individual duvet covers create the best sleeping experience!), I was happy with the convenient location for food, shopping, music and fun! Will make it a habit to always Stay Pineapple!

Great location, beautiful amenities

The snack options in the room could only be bought as a whole package for $25. It would have been good to have the option to buy one item.

Free treats in lobby and the bathrobe!

Fantastic would book to stay here everytime I come to Chicago
    • Deluxe Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The parking per night was 62 dollars US but luckily we found one for 20 across the street.

Staff was very friendly, maid was great and fast at cleaning the room!! Very clean and fancy hotel