Reviews of Stewart Hotel 4 stars

371 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001, USA

#329 of 418 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

There were a lot of problems which caused me stress. The staff were great but the management not.
    • Executive Queen

There was no instruction book for how to use the room so I had to keep ringing the reception for help. The room was cold on one day when the temperature dropped. Someone in the next room was making a lot of noise during one night - seemingly having sex. Since I said I was there for work, it seemed inappropriate to have a couple next door. If it was a prostitute (and it sounded like it) then I do not think that sort of thing should be allowed in the hotel. The green seats in the lobby are very uncomfortable - you cannot lean back in them or have your bags near you. The escalator was not working in the entrance and when I arrived there was no-one at the door so I had to carry my large suitcase up the stairs myself. Since I had just got off a 12 hour train ride, this was very tiring. The internet stopped working on a number of occasions causing me a lot of stress as I had to close the computer down and log on again each time. As I had tight work deadlines, I was constantly afraid of missing a deadline if the internet shut down just as I was sending a document.

The staff were very helpful whenever you had a problem. The mini-kitchen with cooker and fridge was very useful.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Perfect location if traveling with train.
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

Be aware of the 2 beds room. On the picture it shows 2 queen beds but in reality it's one queen one sofa bed. No toothbrush/toothpaste, no comb. The room is old. No ventilation fan in the bathroom. Dirt in the bathroom. Noisy but I guess it's just New York.

Perfect location if traveling with train. Across the street from Penn Station.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Rooms need updating!!
    • Studio Suite

The hotel rooms are in desperate need of some TLC. Scuffs on walls and door, paint work chipped, window AC units rattling..... in general, it felts like the owners put in the bare minimum work in order to charge maximum prices. I wouldn't stay here again for the cost, there are better options!

The location was great for what we needed.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

An Enjoyable Stay in October
    • Executive Queen

Operating the airconditioning was a bit difficult. The room became stuffy duffy during the night.

The bed was comfortable. The bar and its food, excellent. Peter, the bartender is extremely knowledgeable and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Very disappointing
    • Executive Queen

We were booked into a very small pokey room with a very small window looking onto a brick wall. Changed to a better and bigger room the following night. However still a poor quality room for the amount of money charged. We booked out of the hotel to an alternative hotel that was fantastic and at a much lower cost.

Quite a good location near Times Square.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and overall the hotel met our needs.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Next time, we might choose a hotel further from Times Square. It was very noisy at night in our hotel room. That is not the hotel's fault, but something to consider.

The hotel was very conveniently located. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room had a kitchenette which really came in handy. Overall, it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The property is in a great location and the junior suite is...
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The rooms could have been a little cleaner and have a better hotel decor to them. Old wallpaper that looked spotty and dirty and bathrooms looked old. Needs updating or cleaning.

The property is in a great location and the junior suite is perfect for a family of five !

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

OVERALL HOTEL STAY WAS GREAT
    • Executive Queen

I DID NOT LIKE THE PRICE OF ROOMS FOR THE VALUE. BATHROOMS ARE TOO SMALL. HALLWAYS WERE TOO NOISY.

I LIKED THAT HOTEL WAS IN A GREAT LOCATION AND IN WALKING DISTANCE TO MAIN ATTRACTIONS AND TRANSPORT. I.E. TAXI AND METRO TRAIN STATION.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

NYC 5 Pack
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

We loved our suite and the view! Having 2 full baths was great for 5 women! The lobby was beautiful and inviting, and the space was so well planned! I liked the fact that on my 2nd day after I had asked about a possible change on the sofa bed, the staff manager called me by name the next morning. The housekeeping staff did a great job!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

There was construction of some sort going on in the room...
    • Executive Queen

There was construction of some sort going on in the room across the hall. We were awoken early am to power tool noise, hammering all morning. I did mention this as we were checking out and were told they would have upgraded our room -but this was the morning we were checking out.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Ok hotel in a fab location
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Location & staff are the best things about this hotel. Room was a bit smaller than expected but was ok, location makes up for this. Staff are very helpful &friendly

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Would definitely stay again. Great value and great location..
    • Executive Queen

Not much. The value was terrific and location was great.

The room was very clean and well appointed. The check-in staff was very friendly and attentive. My bed was quite comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

An experience of a lifetime!! Will hopefully be back soon xx
    • Studio Suite

The location of the hotel is excellent!! Central to everything!! The hotel is beautiful and our room was amazing with a large terrace/balcony overlooking NYC ❤️

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Ok
    • Executive Queen

My toilet pipes dripping and flooding my bathroom. Bathroom door off the hinges and could never close so each time I had to lift the heavy door, hurting my back. Lifting it off the ground just to push it across to get into the closet

Decor

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Good location but the hotel wasn't worth the money.
    • Executive Queen

The location was fine, but the traffic was noisy even during the night, to extant we moved room's. The hotel was very tired and needs a facelift. Hence my comment around the room being overpriced. Watch out for the extras

The location as it was near many of the tourist attractions.

The location was excellent, very central.
    • One Bedroom Suite Two Bathrooms with Kitchen

The first night our booked room wasn't ready. However, they gave us free breakfast the next day as compromise.

The location was excellent, very central. They gave us a roll on bed which made our stay more comfortable. I think for its location/price was a fair choice.

It was okay, but never again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The room had a nice lounge area. It was not worth the price paid. Traffic is horrendous in the area. But it is located next to Penns station which is nice to get around the city. There were so many beggars and homeless people hanging around the property. Furniture is extremely worn. The front desk was not helpful at all. The views of the city as advertised were located in the closet and kitchen. The hotel is located next to the fire house. It was fairly loud throughout the night.

Adequate but would not stay again.
    • Executive Queen

Bed was hard. Didn't like the comforter without separate sheet. Clock did not work when we came in. AC was loud and self adjusted in an undesired way. Concierge not helpful with easy issues that had not been booked through hotel. No free cold breakfast/coffee in lobby

Wonderful hotel at a perfect location in NY! Highly recommended!
    • Executive Queen

Perfect location - just across Madison Square, big modern rooms with all the amenities, comfy big bed. A wonderful hotel - great value for the money!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Room size was good and well located!
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

We could hear everything from outside, toilet so little, hotel very old especially the rooms. I would not come back!

Room size was good and well located!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great location, friendly staff
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen

The bathroom was quite small, but still adequate.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. The size of room too was very good for NYC. Our room had a kitchen too which was an added bonus. (The rooms are a little dated though)

Excellent stay!
    • Studio Suite

Nothing I could think of.

Probably one of my best experience of staying in a hotel in NYC. Great location, and the staff members were very friendly and helpful. The view from my room was towards the city streets in front of Madison Square Garden. The room was spacious, clean, nicely decorated. I'd like to give a spacial mention to the hotel staff named Lucy, who was at the front desk when I first checked into thw hotel. She's axcellent! Professional, caring, fast, attentive, and made sure everything was fine throughoout my stay. Staying at this hotel is worth every penny: great staff, room, service, facility, location. Will return!

Dissapointing
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The room the hotel reserved for us did not match our booking.com reservation. When we asked to fix it the hotel said it is not possible and that booking.com.made a mistake. We are a party of 6 people and got a room suitable for 4. We reserved a suite with 2 double beds+sofa bed but got 1 double bed+sofa bed. The hotel did arrange for a pull up bed with no extra cost. And after a long disscution they offered an extra room for 2 in a different location but since we are 2 adults with 4 children we did not want to seperate the family since we came for a family vaction quality time. Very dissapointing. Also, the bathroom was very tiny and not well maintained. The walls were with mold and so were some walls in the room. It was reasonably clean but not top notch.

Great location. Close to Penn Station. Times square. Shopping area.

Great hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

We had a room for 6 people and the sofa bed was uncomfortable.

We really enjoyed our stay at Stewart Hotel. They have a nice and helpful staff. Location was great and the view from the bedroom was amazing. The room was cute and clean, just as advertised. We would recommend it!

Location is perfect, Building is beautiful
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

The bathroom fixtures are not in good shape, and the shower is so small that it is even difficult to move in there

Location is perfect, Building is beautiful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Had an amazing stay at Stewart Hotel, the staff are really...
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

Rooms don’t look exactly like the pictures so don’t expect them too!

Had an amazing stay at Stewart Hotel, the staff are really friendly and the beds are super comfortable and reasonably sized with all facilities necessary to make your stay hassle free. Located in the heart of Manhattan it’s easy to get around. Don’t be put off by the location it was not as noisy as I expected.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Overall I would stay again ! From canada
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

I found the candy and snacks very expensive The hall ways to the rooms were too hot no air conditioner at least it felt that way.

The beds were comfy great staff helpful . Rooms nice and spacious great location

Location was perfect, staff were more than friendly, hotel...
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Location was perfect, staff were more than friendly, hotel was very clean, I will definitely make it my priority choice whenever I'm visiting New York again

Location is good but not best.
    • Executive Double

Room was a little tight to support two full-size beds. Air conditioned was windowed old style and positioned too close to one of the beds. Who slept in that one needed to pass cold in order to provide good feeling to the other bed's people.

Location is good but not best. You need around 15min walking to reach Times Square. The shower was nice. Everything looked clean; however, we have found shoes behind the sofa from the last guest in our room. It may tell us the cleaning staff does not clean everywhere in the room as expected. Hotel is good looking: outside, reception, corridors, elevators and rooms. Staff was friendly and we could leave our luggage stored in a room after check-out for some hours before leaving for the airport. The stay was expensive. However, compared to other hotels in the area that offer similar service, this one provided a good cost-benefit experience.

Hotel well organized

I love everything

I love the way the lobby organized an the staff there r where very nice to us they made we feel so welcome was so nice clean an everything

Great location. Great facility. However, we felt that the negatives somewhat tainted our experience
    • One Bedroom Suite Two Bathrooms with Kitchen

When we reached on the first evening at 6pm the room was not yet ready. At 7.15pm it was still not ready. At that point we left our bags and went out to have a meal. When we made the booking on booking.com, the advertisement on the website clearly indicated that this package included breakfast daily for two persons. This was a contributing factor to us choosing this hotel. When we asked about breakfast at the hotel's front desk, we were informed that the information on the booking.com site was erroneous and advised that the hotel has asked booking.com to correct the information. It was only at our insistence and escalation of the issue that we were given coupons to use at a shop around the corner. This left a bad taste in the mouth. From a security perspective, three members of the management team knocked on our door one morning. They were apparently doing a routine inspection related to the cleaning service. The issue we have is that none of them were wearing or presented hotel identification. Even when we commented on this, they did not present any. On some days, an insufficient number of towels was allocated to the room The cleaning of the room was not always thorough

The layout of the suite was good. The elevator and downstairs bathroom required the use of the security key. When we tried to book the shuttle to the airport, the person was at lunch. However, a team member overheard us and assisted us in making a booking. He was very efficient. The view from the room was great. The central location was great. Team member Curtis did a fine job at stocking our fridge with groceries that had been purchased on our behalf by a relative. This occurred when on the first night we had gone out for a meal when the hotel room was not ready for us

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

excellent

Everything was ok

The suit I used had 3 bathrooms. The is good and didn't ache my body at all. Lobby is good too. But the lighting in the living room I didn't quite like because it is too direct to my eyes. Just had a good rest in suit

Stellar Stewart Stay
    • Executive Queen

I was very happy with the hotel and with my stay. In a perfect world, I suppose I wish the room could've been a bit larger, but I'm not complaining. Again, I'm appreciative.

The desk and bell people were exceptionally kind and efficient.

Upgraded for the birthday boy!

Nothing - it was fab

Great location and staff friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite for my partner’s 50th birthday which was absolutely amazing- thank you! 😁 He even got a birthday cake a bottle of wine too. Nancy on reception was just lovely

Great hotel in excellent location for seeing NYC.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The location means there is lots of night time noise outside due to being in the middle of the city. Not avoidable and not the properties' fault.

The location! We were also given an upgrade and the suite was spacious.

Good location, good staff
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

there are many nails connecting the carpet and kitchenette floor which are too dangerous, they cut my feet. this should be fixed urgently.

Good location, good staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Ok
    • Studio Suite

The room was dirty with public hair in the bathroom and chocolate wrappers from previous quest on the floor. When booking in at 6pm requested roll up bed to be made up ASAP after a 14 hour flight.. 10.30 and after three phone calls to house keeping final made up the sofa bed.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not recommended unless you are reserving last minutes find an other hotel
    • Studio Suite

The first room was smelling fish. It was horrible. Then they transferred us in an other room and there were blood spot on the sheet. So they changed the sheet. We had a bed with a sofa bed. But they didn't think to make the sofa bed in the new room. So they send us sheet and pellow . The toilet are really smaller in reality and do not look like the picture. The room are old.

The bed were really comfortable. The location is awesome. 5 minutes walk to times square.

The location was excellent!
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Only minor issues ! I needed to contact reception to get additional kitchen ware and sheets for sofa bed on arrival. Also we were on the 27th floor - the lift seemed to have a mind of its own sometimes - could take longer than expected to get up and down !

The location was excellent! Our room/apartment was very spacious and the beds were really comfortable. The room was always clean and tidy when we got home in the evening - great housekeeping staff!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

4.0
    Will never go back
    • Studio Suite

Not enough front line staff to deal with check ins. I had to hunt them down 5 times to get my initial and promised discount. The electricity went out 3 times in our room including the air conditioner and it took staff approx 45 min to respond and I finally asked to change rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Excellent location, clean and friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Booked a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed for 5 adults. When we arrived there was just 1 double bed and the sofa bed. According to staff at reception this is a common problem that arises having booked through booking.com. Staff were quick to help us out by giving us camp beds however it is a small area for 5 adults.

Excellent location, clean and friendly staff

it was ok.

view was of a brick building. bathroom had no storage or counter.

we had two rooms - room with kitchen and bedroom were fine - big enough for the four that stayed in there they were comfortable. Our room on the other had was decent size but air condition broke down 4 times during our two night stay even in the middle of the night. hotel only credit us less then $100 for the inconvenience and only because i said something. they should of offered more of a credit considering what we paid for our room.

One of the Better Ones!
    • Executive Double

Rooms were a little small but very comfortable.

The staff especially Lucy was wonderful. Knowledgeable, friendly made my children feel comfortable with their kindness. Great location. Penn Station is right there. Showers worked great.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

An unprofessional setup
    • Studio Suite

There is no doorman or bell boy at such a big hotel.??? You have to carry your luggage up 15 stairs or use a tiny escalater to reach the front desk. WORST I tumbled on the escalater with no help for carrying luggage. Had a very bad fall and escalatwr kept moving. Scaring every body around. Luckily no external injuries. But I was shaken and also TWISTED my anlke badly. Could not hasten the Check in as it was only one staff more interested in getting advance payment unaware or unconcerned for my predictment despite the manager coming over to do lip service of help. The Injury report was also filed but unluckily the interest was more in my reference to a broken suitcase than in me. We had arrived at 10.30 PM and had informed hotel beforehand of the plans. Finally could settle in by 0000h. Alas, I then found the room given was unhygenic. THE WATER WAS COMING IN FROM A WINDOW AND FLOOR CARPET ALL ALONG THE WINDOW WAS TOO WET. After 04 complaints , twice visits by housekeeping, once by night engineer, and finally by two Maint experts, my request for room change was considered. The front desk tried to redeem itself and gave a complimentary upgrade to a much better room at 1200h next day. HOWEVER , THE HUMILATION AND MISERY STILL HAD SOME MORE IN STORE. The front desk tried to organise luggage transfer by asking the bell man to do the needful. SEE THE AUDACITY HE POINT BLANK REFUSED IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER!!! I had to ask my friend and his son to help in shifting considering my already hurting ankle. STEWART HOTEL SPOILED MINE AS WELL AS MY GROUP HOLIDAYS AND GAVE A VERY BAD TASTE OF USA IN OUR THREE DAYS STAY THERE. While CHECKING OUT and going out again the same way there was nobody to help with luggage down the stairs.Even the security incharge had a tough time in organising it. It was one good soul doing cleaning who seeing my condition came on his own to help my wife and young daughter to move luggage down the stairs.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Total disappointment!
    • Studio Suite

We had several issues with our stay. Firstly, before our arrival the hotel contacted us through an email offering us an upgrade. When we got there the upgrade was not available. As I was searching for the email to prove that I was offered an upgrade the receptionist at the front desk ask me to step aside so she could help someone else. Secondly, our room had a bathroom measuring 2.5 feet by 6.5 feet excluding a shower so small I couldn't wash my hair. Yes I did measure it. The bathroom was disgusting, the tile on the shower walls were cracked and the entire floor was all patched up with grout. When I went to complain about the size of the bathroom I was told that all the bathrooms in the hotel were the same size. The attitude of the gentleman at the front desk was "oh well, too bad". We ordered an extra pillow obe night and one hour and three calls later we were told that they had run out of pillows. The hallways have minimal lighting probably so that the guest can't notice how dirty the carpets are. The room we were given was located at the end of a side corridor where it was so dark we could barely see where to insert the key card to get in. On the last day, when we called to have the bellman come up to get our luggage, we were told that we would need to come downstairs and show ID. Now that's a new one! I can only say that during the four nights that we stayed at the Stewart hotel we were made to feel like we weren't entitled to any service because we had paid a lower fee through bookings.com.

The location is great.

Excellent location!

4 is us stayed in a studio suite, the space looks bigger in photos

Located walking distance from Empirw state, Flat Iron building, Highline Park, Chelsea, etc. Impressive interiors at check-in. Well stocked vending machine for late night needs. Helpful and friendly staff.

The staff was super nice and helpful.
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

We had a group of 3 people so they added a sofa bed but it wasn't comfortable at all. We ended up sleeping together on the king-sized bed. It was noisy but expected since it is located in the middle of Manhattan.

The staff was super nice and helpful.

Overall the stay was good, especially for the cheaper price we paid.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The cleanliness of the room could have been better. The bathrooms still had hair on the floor and the water in both showers would not drain.

The Stewart Hotel is in a great location, steps away from Penn Station. The room was spacious and had two bathrooms and an extra pull out couch.

Not impressed at all. Couldn’t wait to get out of it. Not just because of the hotel but overall.
    • Studio Suite

Parking was terrible (guess it’s normal in New York). Bath tub was a bit dirty. And they should renovate the look of the building outside too. I was so worried when I saw the building from outside, it looks so old and dirty.

Room size was good considering it’s New York.

Central good place and good suite.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Aircon was noicy, like the city.

We had the suite, and it had a good size and and nice kitchen and 2 bathrooms, so all in all, what you expect. For the beds, they were nice and good. The nice level was higher than expected, mostly due to the windows was single glass, but then you get the sound of NY too, but I prefere dobble glass. Personel and desk was top customer oriented and cool, and check out was 11.00, so fine.

Location and staff were excellent
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

Great location and short walk to time square. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Older building and rooms show there age and not in a good way. Good security in building at all times. Parking on site but only for smaller vehicle's and very pricy. Parking available on 30th street between 7th and Broadway for less and can accommodate larger vehicles. Great service from parking attendants.

Location and staff were excellent

Bad , expensive
    • One Bedroom Suite Two Bathrooms with Kitchen

The rooms small the windows view is like a horror movie the air conditioning dont work properly it was a bad experience , and they keep taking money from the credit cardeben after payment!

There was a worker there his name is ashraf he was helpful

• Studio Suite with Kitchen

It was very noisy, which is expected due to the location (plus there is a fire station just up the road) The room smelt really strange, like there was too many chemicals. The bed for me was uncomfortable.

The location was ideal. In the Center of it all and able to get around the hole of New York easily.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Would I book again ????
    • Executive Queen

Bathroom not clean , the loo and bath area were fine but everything else needed a good clean . Looks more like a luxury hotel on the website , but having stayed here it was definatley not a 4 star hotel, not even a 3 star . I hate giving bad reviews but this was disappointing. There is also a resort fee added onto your nightly rate, I knew this before I booked but was keen to expericnce the Stewart Hotel which looks fab online ..will probably not book it again unless total bargin rate.

Across the road from Penn Station , Location to get to Newark Airport by train is excellent ! Staff very very nice ...also hotel security good .

Will stay there every chance I have.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The bath door was a type that didn’t lock. It was a sliding barn door type - kids hated it.

The Concierge desk was above helpful. I left the tickets I had purchased thru her and she texted them to me quickly. Ask for Raushan.

Disappointed with Downscaling by Current Ownership, But Might Go Back for Space and Convenience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

The property is not as well-maintained as it was under the former Affinia management. Looking down at the heels at this point. The hotel has always had a '30s feel to it, which I liked - you don't go there for modernity. But some reconfiguration done by the Stewart has opened rooms up in a non-useful way (eg, kitchen used to be separate, now part of living space; used to have 2 bathrooms, now an extra closet).

The location is perfect for taking trains to/from Penn Station. The one bedroom suite gives lots of space, especially for New York. Staff with whom we interacted were service-oriented and well-trained. Lots of closet space, and the AC worked well. Quiet for such a busy location, due I think to good thick walls.

Clean hotel in central location with large suites, ideal for attending functions at the Garden
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Lobby rather gloomy. Lines at front desk were long and challenging to locate help/concierge service. Help was pleasant when available. .

Perfect location if you are going to Madison Square Garden, it's right across the street. The hotel is a little dated but Ok. The suite is very large, 2 full bathrooms, kitchen and large bedroom with two beds- larger for NYC - good for a family stay.

Beds were comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

They did not give us the room booked. Gave us different stories as to why they didn't, they said they had emailed us two days prior to our arrival but in fact they did not. They compensated us by taking off the service fee and adding roller beds in the room. Service was not the best.

Beds were comfy. Location was great.

Clickbait do not book.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

Rooms were too old and were not up to mark. The photos posted are totally photoshopped and seem more like clickbait. The carpets were smelly the washroom was too small even to hold a single individual. The hotel is very old and the rooms show the time detoriation. There was no bell staff to assist us during checkin.

The location was good next to penn station

A bit expensive, but well located
    • Executive Queen

The rooms are small and a bit noisy, don't expect them to be quiet, specially at night...

The hotel is well located: you'll find a Starbucks in front of the hotel, a Dockin' Donuts some steps from the door, a pizza bar and a salad store are some meters away. There is an important subway station (Penn Station) almost in front of it. You are 10 minutes on foot from Times Square, and 15 minutes from the Central Park.

Overall, poor experience at this hotel. Would not advise.
    • Executive Queen

Would not stay here. Incidental charges of aprox 40 euro a night were held on my card as well as the total amout. When checking out the payment was taken in full which meant in two days over 850 was gone off my card when only should have aprox 380. Hidden taxes and facilitie charge be very carful of this. Most Staff wernt very pleasant of informative. Room was also not very clean. Coffee stains that were easily removed my myself on desk. Bathroom area and carpets also notvery clean.

Location close to Penn station and times square.

Horrible
    • Executive Queen

Phone didn’t work. Took 4 hours to get fixed. Room service went to wrong room. Had someone else’s name and room number on the order. Bread was dry and stale. Finishing in room and bathroom poorly done- dirty. My money was not well spent. Not to mention the ladies at the ticket counter for broadway shows- very unfriendly and dismissive. I will never stay here again

I loved that it was so close to the Empire State Building...
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

I loved that it was so close to the Empire State Building the Manhattan mall and a lot of other popular sites. The hotel room was clean comfortable we only had a problem with the shower head other then that it was prefect and reasonably priced

Brilliant location in NY, clean, well managed, modern, non robotic friendliness and efficiency
    • Executive Queen

I liked everything, quite frankly. My remote control of the TV did not work. I called and 5 min later it was resolved.

I was very happy and at home in this hotel. Staff impeccable, helpful and cheerful, not robotic and fake smiles, Particulary one lady who wore the Spanish Soccer T-shirt (whose name has just slipped my mind but not her friendliness and effciency) and Margaret who wore the Brasil one and young guy who wore the Barcelona Team one. They were all a pleasure to ask and consult. The situation of the hotel is brilliant, accross the street from Madison Sq. Garden and Penn Station super places, bars and restaurants and 15 min walk from Time Sq.

Great hotel! Would stay again and recommend!
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The WiFi stopped working after one day and although we called about it they never go it fixed. The window air units were quite noisy but it did drown out the noise of the traffic.

The staff was excellent and helpful. The cleaning staff even turned down my daughter’s sleepin bag. The hotel was very clean and the air conditioning worked well as it was SO hot. Even allowed us to store bags as our flights didn’t align with the check in/out times. The location was excellent!

I like the convenience of the hotel and the location
    • Executive Double

I was a little disappointed when I first got there because we went through booking.com they did not let us know that we had to pay $85 additional for this day. I didn’t get my AAA discount .I also upset with the assistant manager/manager kahn because he was not able to accommodate with any discounts..... it was ran twice because he said an error occurred. He went back-and-forth in the back to see what the issue was it was just too much confusion and the price of theone night room was astronomical because of the holiday we were inconvenienced and no offers were ...As of today I was told I would get my money back on Monday July 2 and today is July 6 and I have not received my $85 back on my card which was an inconvenience as well.

I like the convenience of the hotel and the location

It was great!
    • Studio Suite

Only one thing -- I asked for extra towels and washcloths the evening of our last night. I called twice and though the respondent on the phone was extremely helpful, the towels/washcloths never came.

Just a great overall hotel experience in NYC.

A very nice hotel that lived up to our expectations
    • Studio Suite

Bathroom very small and the water pressure in shower very low

Lovely building; room was a good size, except for bathroom; good facilities; nice staff; great location

It served the purpose. I went to see a U2 concert at Madison Square Garden. The location was perfect
    • Executive Double

The room seemed bigger on the website. It appeared to be a little run down. The bathroom faucet didn’t have a drain cap. The bathroom itself was extremely uncomfortable. Not much space for toiletries.

The location of the property is top knotch; extremely centric. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Hotel and services good but somewhat expensive
    • Studio Suite

The bathroom is very small and the shower is not big enough for one person. There were three wardroves in the room so we think it would be helpful if they expand the bathroom using one the hole of one of these cabinets. When we arrive the room was not ready for three people (there was just one bed and the sofa bed was not ready. The room was too loud.

The room (for three guests) was very big and confortable. The hotel is really well situated, just in front of the Maddison Square Garden and Penn Station (direct link to the JFK airport). The workers in reception were very helpful and they solved all the problems we had.

Room was good size for 4 adults and baby, bed was...
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

Room was in 4th floor, so it was a bit noisy. Also room was old furnished.

Room was good size for 4 adults and baby, bed was comfortable, room was very clean, especially bathrooms, new cosy towels. Kitchen was nice extra. Location is excellent!

Better Alternatives near Penn Station
    • Executive Queen

Despite nice lobby, room was shocking: pubic hair on bathroom floor, red stain on bath towel (quite unpleasant), a grimy, bluish black stain on another towel, dust on fixtures, in general the room looks like it hasn't been updated in decades. Front desk staff were not friendly, not not return my smile greeting. My first and last time staying here (The New Yorker and Marriott Inn & Suites vastly superior, also near Penn station).

Excellent location across from Penn Station, in the thick of the action. Very nice lobby.

Would stay there again for the location but wouldn't keep my hopes up for anything else.

The facilities were really outdated despite the modern-ish decorations. The AC unit was SUPER loud, and so was the toilet.

The location really was all that we were paying for. It was super central, accessible by subway or train. We drove and the valet service (which was the only option if you want to park at the hotel) cost $70 a day.

Convenient, comfortable and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The rooms were amazing and comfortable. My daughter had stars in her eyes when she stepped in. The view from our room was spectacular. We had an amazing stay. Thank you!

The rooms were spacious
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The noise from the street, but it was expected, being that it was at the center of NYC.

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The location was convenient and easily accessible to many attractions in NYC.

Browse Stewart Hotel traveller photo gallery