Reviews of Stewart Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

371 Seventh Avenue, New York City, NY 10001, United States of America

#319 of 415 hotels in New York City

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Excellent stay!
    • Studio Suite

Nothing I could think of.

Probably one of my best experience of staying in a hotel in NYC. Great location, and the staff members were very friendly and helpful. The view from my room was towards the city streets in front of Madison Square Garden. The room was spacious, clean, nicely decorated. I'd like to give a spacial mention to the hotel staff named Lucy, who was at the front desk when I first checked into thw hotel. She's axcellent! Professional, caring, fast, attentive, and made sure everything was fine throughoout my stay. Staying at this hotel is worth every penny: great staff, room, service, facility, location. Will return!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Dissapointing
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The room the hotel reserved for us did not match our booking.com reservation. When we asked to fix it the hotel said it is not possible and that booking.com.made a mistake. We are a party of 6 people and got a room suitable for 4. We reserved a suite with 2 double beds+sofa bed but got 1 double bed+sofa bed. The hotel did arrange for a pull up bed with no extra cost. And after a long disscution they offered an extra room for 2 in a different location but since we are 2 adults with 4 children we did not want to seperate the family since we came for a family vaction quality time. Very dissapointing. Also, the bathroom was very tiny and not well maintained. The walls were with mold and so were some walls in the room. It was reasonably clean but not top notch.

Great location. Close to Penn Station. Times square. Shopping area.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Great hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

We had a room for 6 people and the sofa bed was uncomfortable.

We really enjoyed our stay at Stewart Hotel. They have a nice and helpful staff. Location was great and the view from the bedroom was amazing. The room was cute and clean, just as advertised. We would recommend it!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Location is perfect, Building is beautiful
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

The bathroom fixtures are not in good shape, and the shower is so small that it is even difficult to move in there

Location is perfect, Building is beautiful

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Had an amazing stay at Stewart Hotel, the staff are really...
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

Rooms don’t look exactly like the pictures so don’t expect them too!

Had an amazing stay at Stewart Hotel, the staff are really friendly and the beds are super comfortable and reasonably sized with all facilities necessary to make your stay hassle free. Located in the heart of Manhattan it’s easy to get around. Don’t be put off by the location it was not as noisy as I expected.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Overall I would stay again ! From canada
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

I found the candy and snacks very expensive The hall ways to the rooms were too hot no air conditioner at least it felt that way.

The beds were comfy great staff helpful . Rooms nice and spacious great location

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Location was perfect, staff were more than friendly, hotel...
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Location was perfect, staff were more than friendly, hotel was very clean, I will definitely make it my priority choice whenever I'm visiting New York again

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Location is good but not best.
    • Executive Double

Room was a little tight to support two full-size beds. Air conditioned was windowed old style and positioned too close to one of the beds. Who slept in that one needed to pass cold in order to provide good feeling to the other bed's people.

Location is good but not best. You need around 15min walking to reach Times Square. The shower was nice. Everything looked clean; however, we have found shoes behind the sofa from the last guest in our room. It may tell us the cleaning staff does not clean everywhere in the room as expected. Hotel is good looking: outside, reception, corridors, elevators and rooms. Staff was friendly and we could leave our luggage stored in a room after check-out for some hours before leaving for the airport. The stay was expensive. However, compared to other hotels in the area that offer similar service, this one provided a good cost-benefit experience.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Hotel well organized

I love everything

I love the way the lobby organized an the staff there r where very nice to us they made we feel so welcome was so nice clean an everything

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Great location. Great facility. However, we felt that the negatives somewhat tainted our experience
    • One Bedroom Suite Two Bathrooms with Kitchen

When we reached on the first evening at 6pm the room was not yet ready. At 7.15pm it was still not ready. At that point we left our bags and went out to have a meal. When we made the booking on booking.com, the advertisement on the website clearly indicated that this package included breakfast daily for two persons. This was a contributing factor to us choosing this hotel. When we asked about breakfast at the hotel's front desk, we were informed that the information on the booking.com site was erroneous and advised that the hotel has asked booking.com to correct the information. It was only at our insistence and escalation of the issue that we were given coupons to use at a shop around the corner. This left a bad taste in the mouth. From a security perspective, three members of the management team knocked on our door one morning. They were apparently doing a routine inspection related to the cleaning service. The issue we have is that none of them were wearing or presented hotel identification. Even when we commented on this, they did not present any. On some days, an insufficient number of towels was allocated to the room The cleaning of the room was not always thorough

The layout of the suite was good. The elevator and downstairs bathroom required the use of the security key. When we tried to book the shuttle to the airport, the person was at lunch. However, a team member overheard us and assisted us in making a booking. He was very efficient. The view from the room was great. The central location was great. Team member Curtis did a fine job at stocking our fridge with groceries that had been purchased on our behalf by a relative. This occurred when on the first night we had gone out for a meal when the hotel room was not ready for us

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

excellent

Everything was ok

The suit I used had 3 bathrooms. The is good and didn't ache my body at all. Lobby is good too. But the lighting in the living room I didn't quite like because it is too direct to my eyes. Just had a good rest in suit

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Stellar Stewart Stay
    • Executive Queen

I was very happy with the hotel and with my stay. In a perfect world, I suppose I wish the room could've been a bit larger, but I'm not complaining. Again, I'm appreciative.

The desk and bell people were exceptionally kind and efficient.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Upgraded for the birthday boy!

Nothing - it was fab

Great location and staff friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite for my partner’s 50th birthday which was absolutely amazing- thank you! 😁 He even got a birthday cake a bottle of wine too. Nancy on reception was just lovely

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Great hotel in excellent location for seeing NYC.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The location means there is lots of night time noise outside due to being in the middle of the city. Not avoidable and not the properties' fault.

The location! We were also given an upgrade and the suite was spacious.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Good location, good staff
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

there are many nails connecting the carpet and kitchenette floor which are too dangerous, they cut my feet. this should be fixed urgently.

Good location, good staff

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Ok
    • Studio Suite

The room was dirty with public hair in the bathroom and chocolate wrappers from previous quest on the floor. When booking in at 6pm requested roll up bed to be made up ASAP after a 14 hour flight.. 10.30 and after three phone calls to house keeping final made up the sofa bed.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Not recommended unless you are reserving last minutes find an other hotel
    • Studio Suite

The first room was smelling fish. It was horrible. Then they transferred us in an other room and there were blood spot on the sheet. So they changed the sheet. We had a bed with a sofa bed. But they didn't think to make the sofa bed in the new room. So they send us sheet and pellow . The toilet are really smaller in reality and do not look like the picture. The room are old.

The bed were really comfortable. The location is awesome. 5 minutes walk to times square.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

The location was excellent!
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Only minor issues ! I needed to contact reception to get additional kitchen ware and sheets for sofa bed on arrival. Also we were on the 27th floor - the lift seemed to have a mind of its own sometimes - could take longer than expected to get up and down !

The location was excellent! Our room/apartment was very spacious and the beds were really comfortable. The room was always clean and tidy when we got home in the evening - great housekeeping staff!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

4.0
    Will never go back
    • Studio Suite

Not enough front line staff to deal with check ins. I had to hunt them down 5 times to get my initial and promised discount. The electricity went out 3 times in our room including the air conditioner and it took staff approx 45 min to respond and I finally asked to change rooms.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Excellent location, clean and friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Booked a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed for 5 adults. When we arrived there was just 1 double bed and the sofa bed. According to staff at reception this is a common problem that arises having booked through booking.com. Staff were quick to help us out by giving us camp beds however it is a small area for 5 adults.

Excellent location, clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

it was ok.

view was of a brick building. bathroom had no storage or counter.

we had two rooms - room with kitchen and bedroom were fine - big enough for the four that stayed in there they were comfortable. Our room on the other had was decent size but air condition broke down 4 times during our two night stay even in the middle of the night. hotel only credit us less then $100 for the inconvenience and only because i said something. they should of offered more of a credit considering what we paid for our room.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

One of the Better Ones!
    • Executive Double

Rooms were a little small but very comfortable.

The staff especially Lucy was wonderful. Knowledgeable, friendly made my children feel comfortable with their kindness. Great location. Penn Station is right there. Showers worked great.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

An unprofessional setup
    • Studio Suite

There is no doorman or bell boy at such a big hotel.??? You have to carry your luggage up 15 stairs or use a tiny escalater to reach the front desk. WORST I tumbled on the escalater with no help for carrying luggage. Had a very bad fall and escalatwr kept moving. Scaring every body around. Luckily no external injuries. But I was shaken and also TWISTED my anlke badly. Could not hasten the Check in as it was only one staff more interested in getting advance payment unaware or unconcerned for my predictment despite the manager coming over to do lip service of help. The Injury report was also filed but unluckily the interest was more in my reference to a broken suitcase than in me. We had arrived at 10.30 PM and had informed hotel beforehand of the plans. Finally could settle in by 0000h. Alas, I then found the room given was unhygenic. THE WATER WAS COMING IN FROM A WINDOW AND FLOOR CARPET ALL ALONG THE WINDOW WAS TOO WET. After 04 complaints , twice visits by housekeeping, once by night engineer, and finally by two Maint experts, my request for room change was considered. The front desk tried to redeem itself and gave a complimentary upgrade to a much better room at 1200h next day. HOWEVER , THE HUMILATION AND MISERY STILL HAD SOME MORE IN STORE. The front desk tried to organise luggage transfer by asking the bell man to do the needful. SEE THE AUDACITY HE POINT BLANK REFUSED IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER!!! I had to ask my friend and his son to help in shifting considering my already hurting ankle. STEWART HOTEL SPOILED MINE AS WELL AS MY GROUP HOLIDAYS AND GAVE A VERY BAD TASTE OF USA IN OUR THREE DAYS STAY THERE. While CHECKING OUT and going out again the same way there was nobody to help with luggage down the stairs.Even the security incharge had a tough time in organising it. It was one good soul doing cleaning who seeing my condition came on his own to help my wife and young daughter to move luggage down the stairs.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Total disappointment!
    • Studio Suite

We had several issues with our stay. Firstly, before our arrival the hotel contacted us through an email offering us an upgrade. When we got there the upgrade was not available. As I was searching for the email to prove that I was offered an upgrade the receptionist at the front desk ask me to step aside so she could help someone else. Secondly, our room had a bathroom measuring 2.5 feet by 6.5 feet excluding a shower so small I couldn't wash my hair. Yes I did measure it. The bathroom was disgusting, the tile on the shower walls were cracked and the entire floor was all patched up with grout. When I went to complain about the size of the bathroom I was told that all the bathrooms in the hotel were the same size. The attitude of the gentleman at the front desk was "oh well, too bad". We ordered an extra pillow obe night and one hour and three calls later we were told that they had run out of pillows. The hallways have minimal lighting probably so that the guest can't notice how dirty the carpets are. The room we were given was located at the end of a side corridor where it was so dark we could barely see where to insert the key card to get in. On the last day, when we called to have the bellman come up to get our luggage, we were told that we would need to come downstairs and show ID. Now that's a new one! I can only say that during the four nights that we stayed at the Stewart hotel we were made to feel like we weren't entitled to any service because we had paid a lower fee through bookings.com.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Excellent location!

4 is us stayed in a studio suite, the space looks bigger in photos

Located walking distance from Empirw state, Flat Iron building, Highline Park, Chelsea, etc. Impressive interiors at check-in. Well stocked vending machine for late night needs. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

The staff was super nice and helpful.
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

We had a group of 3 people so they added a sofa bed but it wasn't comfortable at all. We ended up sleeping together on the king-sized bed. It was noisy but expected since it is located in the middle of Manhattan.

The staff was super nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Overall the stay was good, especially for the cheaper price we paid.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The cleanliness of the room could have been better. The bathrooms still had hair on the floor and the water in both showers would not drain.

The Stewart Hotel is in a great location, steps away from Penn Station. The room was spacious and had two bathrooms and an extra pull out couch.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Not impressed at all. Couldn’t wait to get out of it. Not just because of the hotel but overall.
    • Studio Suite

Parking was terrible (guess it’s normal in New York). Bath tub was a bit dirty. And they should renovate the look of the building outside too. I was so worried when I saw the building from outside, it looks so old and dirty.

Room size was good considering it’s New York.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Central good place and good suite.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Aircon was noicy, like the city.

We had the suite, and it had a good size and and nice kitchen and 2 bathrooms, so all in all, what you expect. For the beds, they were nice and good. The nice level was higher than expected, mostly due to the windows was single glass, but then you get the sound of NY too, but I prefere dobble glass. Personel and desk was top customer oriented and cool, and check out was 11.00, so fine.

Location and staff were excellent
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

Great location and short walk to time square. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Older building and rooms show there age and not in a good way. Good security in building at all times. Parking on site but only for smaller vehicle's and very pricy. Parking available on 30th street between 7th and Broadway for less and can accommodate larger vehicles. Great service from parking attendants.

Location and staff were excellent

Bad , expensive
    • One Bedroom Suite Two Bathrooms with Kitchen

The rooms small the windows view is like a horror movie the air conditioning dont work properly it was a bad experience , and they keep taking money from the credit cardeben after payment!

There was a worker there his name is ashraf he was helpful

• Studio Suite with Kitchen

It was very noisy, which is expected due to the location (plus there is a fire station just up the road) The room smelt really strange, like there was too many chemicals. The bed for me was uncomfortable.

The location was ideal. In the Center of it all and able to get around the hole of New York easily.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Would I book again ????
    • Executive Queen

Bathroom not clean , the loo and bath area were fine but everything else needed a good clean . Looks more like a luxury hotel on the website , but having stayed here it was definatley not a 4 star hotel, not even a 3 star . I hate giving bad reviews but this was disappointing. There is also a resort fee added onto your nightly rate, I knew this before I booked but was keen to expericnce the Stewart Hotel which looks fab online ..will probably not book it again unless total bargin rate.

Across the road from Penn Station , Location to get to Newark Airport by train is excellent ! Staff very very nice ...also hotel security good .

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Will stay there every chance I have.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The bath door was a type that didn’t lock. It was a sliding barn door type - kids hated it.

The Concierge desk was above helpful. I left the tickets I had purchased thru her and she texted them to me quickly. Ask for Raushan.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Disappointed with Downscaling by Current Ownership, But Might Go Back for Space and Convenience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

The property is not as well-maintained as it was under the former Affinia management. Looking down at the heels at this point. The hotel has always had a '30s feel to it, which I liked - you don't go there for modernity. But some reconfiguration done by the Stewart has opened rooms up in a non-useful way (eg, kitchen used to be separate, now part of living space; used to have 2 bathrooms, now an extra closet).

The location is perfect for taking trains to/from Penn Station. The one bedroom suite gives lots of space, especially for New York. Staff with whom we interacted were service-oriented and well-trained. Lots of closet space, and the AC worked well. Quiet for such a busy location, due I think to good thick walls.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Clean hotel in central location with large suites, ideal for attending functions at the Garden
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Lobby rather gloomy. Lines at front desk were long and challenging to locate help/concierge service. Help was pleasant when available. .

Perfect location if you are going to Madison Square Garden, it's right across the street. The hotel is a little dated but Ok. The suite is very large, 2 full bathrooms, kitchen and large bedroom with two beds- larger for NYC - good for a family stay.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2018

Beds were comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

They did not give us the room booked. Gave us different stories as to why they didn't, they said they had emailed us two days prior to our arrival but in fact they did not. They compensated us by taking off the service fee and adding roller beds in the room. Service was not the best.

Beds were comfy. Location was great.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Clickbait do not book.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

Rooms were too old and were not up to mark. The photos posted are totally photoshopped and seem more like clickbait. The carpets were smelly the washroom was too small even to hold a single individual. The hotel is very old and the rooms show the time detoriation. There was no bell staff to assist us during checkin.

The location was good next to penn station

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

A bit expensive, but well located
    • Executive Queen

The rooms are small and a bit noisy, don't expect them to be quiet, specially at night...

The hotel is well located: you'll find a Starbucks in front of the hotel, a Dockin' Donuts some steps from the door, a pizza bar and a salad store are some meters away. There is an important subway station (Penn Station) almost in front of it. You are 10 minutes on foot from Times Square, and 15 minutes from the Central Park.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Overall, poor experience at this hotel. Would not advise.
    • Executive Queen

Would not stay here. Incidental charges of aprox 40 euro a night were held on my card as well as the total amout. When checking out the payment was taken in full which meant in two days over 850 was gone off my card when only should have aprox 380. Hidden taxes and facilitie charge be very carful of this. Most Staff wernt very pleasant of informative. Room was also not very clean. Coffee stains that were easily removed my myself on desk. Bathroom area and carpets also notvery clean.

Location close to Penn station and times square.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Horrible
    • Executive Queen

Phone didn’t work. Took 4 hours to get fixed. Room service went to wrong room. Had someone else’s name and room number on the order. Bread was dry and stale. Finishing in room and bathroom poorly done- dirty. My money was not well spent. Not to mention the ladies at the ticket counter for broadway shows- very unfriendly and dismissive. I will never stay here again

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

I loved that it was so close to the Empire State Building...
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen - ADA

I loved that it was so close to the Empire State Building the Manhattan mall and a lot of other popular sites. The hotel room was clean comfortable we only had a problem with the shower head other then that it was prefect and reasonably priced

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Brilliant location in NY, clean, well managed, modern, non robotic friendliness and efficiency
    • Executive Queen

I liked everything, quite frankly. My remote control of the TV did not work. I called and 5 min later it was resolved.

I was very happy and at home in this hotel. Staff impeccable, helpful and cheerful, not robotic and fake smiles, Particulary one lady who wore the Spanish Soccer T-shirt (whose name has just slipped my mind but not her friendliness and effciency) and Margaret who wore the Brasil one and young guy who wore the Barcelona Team one. They were all a pleasure to ask and consult. The situation of the hotel is brilliant, accross the street from Madison Sq. Garden and Penn Station super places, bars and restaurants and 15 min walk from Time Sq.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great hotel! Would stay again and recommend!
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The WiFi stopped working after one day and although we called about it they never go it fixed. The window air units were quite noisy but it did drown out the noise of the traffic.

The staff was excellent and helpful. The cleaning staff even turned down my daughter’s sleepin bag. The hotel was very clean and the air conditioning worked well as it was SO hot. Even allowed us to store bags as our flights didn’t align with the check in/out times. The location was excellent!

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I like the convenience of the hotel and the location
    • Executive Double

I was a little disappointed when I first got there because we went through booking.com they did not let us know that we had to pay $85 additional for this day. I didn’t get my AAA discount .I also upset with the assistant manager/manager kahn because he was not able to accommodate with any discounts..... it was ran twice because he said an error occurred. He went back-and-forth in the back to see what the issue was it was just too much confusion and the price of theone night room was astronomical because of the holiday we were inconvenienced and no offers were ...As of today I was told I would get my money back on Monday July 2 and today is July 6 and I have not received my $85 back on my card which was an inconvenience as well.

I like the convenience of the hotel and the location

It was great!
    • Studio Suite

Only one thing -- I asked for extra towels and washcloths the evening of our last night. I called twice and though the respondent on the phone was extremely helpful, the towels/washcloths never came.

Just a great overall hotel experience in NYC.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

A very nice hotel that lived up to our expectations
    • Studio Suite

Bathroom very small and the water pressure in shower very low

Lovely building; room was a good size, except for bathroom; good facilities; nice staff; great location

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

It served the purpose. I went to see a U2 concert at Madison Square Garden. The location was perfect
    • Executive Double

The room seemed bigger on the website. It appeared to be a little run down. The bathroom faucet didn’t have a drain cap. The bathroom itself was extremely uncomfortable. Not much space for toiletries.

The location of the property is top knotch; extremely centric. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Hotel and services good but somewhat expensive
    • Studio Suite

The bathroom is very small and the shower is not big enough for one person. There were three wardroves in the room so we think it would be helpful if they expand the bathroom using one the hole of one of these cabinets. When we arrive the room was not ready for three people (there was just one bed and the sofa bed was not ready. The room was too loud.

The room (for three guests) was very big and confortable. The hotel is really well situated, just in front of the Maddison Square Garden and Penn Station (direct link to the JFK airport). The workers in reception were very helpful and they solved all the problems we had.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Room was good size for 4 adults and baby, bed was...
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

Room was in 4th floor, so it was a bit noisy. Also room was old furnished.

Room was good size for 4 adults and baby, bed was comfortable, room was very clean, especially bathrooms, new cosy towels. Kitchen was nice extra. Location is excellent!

Better Alternatives near Penn Station
    • Executive Queen

Despite nice lobby, room was shocking: pubic hair on bathroom floor, red stain on bath towel (quite unpleasant), a grimy, bluish black stain on another towel, dust on fixtures, in general the room looks like it hasn't been updated in decades. Front desk staff were not friendly, not not return my smile greeting. My first and last time staying here (The New Yorker and Marriott Inn & Suites vastly superior, also near Penn station).

Excellent location across from Penn Station, in the thick of the action. Very nice lobby.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Would stay there again for the location but wouldn't keep my hopes up for anything else.

The facilities were really outdated despite the modern-ish decorations. The AC unit was SUPER loud, and so was the toilet.

The location really was all that we were paying for. It was super central, accessible by subway or train. We drove and the valet service (which was the only option if you want to park at the hotel) cost $70 a day.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Convenient, comfortable and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The rooms were amazing and comfortable. My daughter had stars in her eyes when she stepped in. The view from our room was spectacular. We had an amazing stay. Thank you!

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

The rooms were spacious
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The noise from the street, but it was expected, being that it was at the center of NYC.

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The location was convenient and easily accessible to many attractions in NYC.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

overall okay
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen

smelly bathroom, probably the sewerage system not flowing well as after shower it takes at least 5 minutes for water to leave the bath tub.

Bed comfy, good size room

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

جيد
    • Studio Suite with Kitchen

There was a bad smell, and it was no ventilation.

I liked the place, location, and the price.There is a girl who gave me upgrade to my room. Also, there is a guy called Omar, was a nice man because he give us abreakfast card. While his friend refuse to give us, even it was included in our reservation. I recommend to make check in with him. Good service .

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Outstanding!

We loved everything, rooms clean and spacious but the staff...the staff went above and beyond and is what gives the Stewart Hotel 10/10 outstanding.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

• Executive Double

We departed on the 30/5 our invoice we received was fine but when we got home I saw an extra charge on my credit card from the Stewart hotel. I rang there accounts dept. three times and explained we were on a flight home . Each time they were to email me with an update but didn’t. My last call they said they couldn’t refund as someone had accessed the room. They were very unhelpful . I rang Booking.Com and spoke to Mary who dealt with the issue and got my money refunded. Stewart hotel this was very bad customer service zero marks for this.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

• Studio Suite Double with Kitchen

Cleaning was less than average. I.e. stuff from previous visitors behind couch. Airconditioning wasn’t functioning. Got repaired quickly, but somehow I expect it to work upon arrival. 3 of the 10 lightbulbs were broken. Hot water took about 2 minutes to come to the shower.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Great location just a pity about the uncomfortable beds.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Room too small for a family with teenagers. Beds uncomfortable. Unable to close bathroom sliding door without using full strength.

Location excellent with easy access to subway. Recommend it for the location.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Exceeded our expectation, big room, great staff.
    • Executive Double

Bed was super comfy. Room was so much larger than we expected. We had a lovely surprise with a great little kitchenette. Staff were excellent. Lobby very impressive. Location was absolutely fabulous to explore New York from. Loved our stay...Thank you.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Location is fine.
    • Studio Suite

I didn’t receive my deposit on time. I gave them a call, but I haven’t received my deposit. Too bad. Besides,The lighting on the bed was too harsh and we were uncomfortable.

Location is fine.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Our stay would have been very good except for the bathroom which needs to be improved.
    • Studio Suite Double with Kitchen

The room we got had a very small bathroom, with no sink counters to put stuff on. The toilet seat was too small. Bathroom door needs to be changed, as the bottom was eaten up already because of the water.

Room was big with a high ceiling. The interior design made it feel homey.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The location of the hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The hotel gave me the wrong room, thankfully it was sorted out. When i booked the hotel, breakfast was included but when I got there, no breakfast. Make sure to print the first hotel confirmation.

The location of the hotel. It’s near time square, madison square garden is just across the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

• One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Not as smart as the photos show. Kitchen not very well equipped, but we mainly ate out.

Great location. Big room for 5 of us, with 2 bathrooms and a small kitchen

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Location just opposite NYC Penn Station was ideal and...
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Air con units sit in the windows so there is some outside air entering and we felt the room was too cold if not in the bed. Heater doesn’t work at this time of the year. Just wished the bathroom were bigger.

Location just opposite NYC Penn Station was ideal and convenient! From Penn Station, take exit “32nd St and 7th Ave” and then turn right and see hotel on the corner. :) Rooms in queen suite are partitioned for privacy.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Excellent location, especially if you want to save time,...

Excellent location, especially if you want to save time, because hotel is in the middle of attractions and shops. Small snack and wine shop at reception was really nice. Nothing to complain about. Fun halls for kids to run around.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

It was a comfortable stay once we got the logistics settled with the arrangements of the room
    • Studio Suite

I didn’t like the lack of parking, the $70 cost to park per day!!! Some charges that were given to me had to be disputed so please check your statements, there are a lot of homeless people and their very aggressive, some of the staff aren’t personable.

I liked the convenience of everything literally being at your fingertips. The hotels was more than happy to assist you with all your needs.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Good room size.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

Air con was old. Needed more space to put clothes away. Hooks for coats would be good. Had 3 knives forks and spoons for 5 people..need to have at least 5 cups glasses and cutlery if there are 5 people. A kettle would be better than the coffee maker.Very noisy road through the night.

Good room size. Good to have a kitchenette. Fantastic view. Friendly staff. Great gym. Great location

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Excellent value in terms of location and roomy accommodations.
    • Studio Suite

The only issue was that the kitchen floor in one of the suites was sticky. I suspect they didn't rinse it well enough after washing it. The other was that we were told we were on the same floor, but when we checked into the second room, we were on separate floors (21st and 23rd). Still, it was just an elevator ride away, so not too inconvenient. Air conditioners, for non-air conditioner users like us, were a little distracting due to noise. Then again, they blocked out the city noise quite well.

We loved that we got a free upgrade into a two bedroom suite. The fact that there was a kitchenette with two gas burners, a microwave, and a fridge was great, too. Folks at the desks were very, very helpful. One of our rooms was ready, so we were allowed to check into it early. The bedrooms were also a good distance from the common space, to that was terrific in terms of noise.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

A fantastic experience I would do again!
    • Executive Double

Bathrooms are small but expected for the age of the property.

Great location, within walking distance to many attractions. We took advantage of the upgrade with a kitchenette and really appreciated the additional space as we were travelling with our 16 year old son. Beds super comfy and although you could hear street noise, the rooms were pretty sound proof.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Worst Front Desk and Hotel Manager service ever.
    • One-Bedroom Suite Double Beds with Kitchen

The service at the from desk is very deficient, very poor. They don't have the proper training to solve questions and the instructions when paying are not clear, each of the 5 people we spoke to gave us totally different information. We had problems with the payment because the hotel automatically was charging each day of the stay different amounts in different credit cards. They are a mess. Even worst the Manager of the hotel, a lady that when we came to her, was super ironic, treating us like we are stupid and not even apologizing for all the mess they'd create. Super rude, not professional, doesn't have matters and doesn't not how to treat their guest. To resume, we didn't feel that the hotel took our situation seriously at all and they didn't even care our concerns, they were always talking about their good service but not solving the issues that they cause with the credit cards. They have charged totally different amounts as it was their own money. So unhappy about this hotel, which is a pity since has a great location.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

First I ask someone to do the beds they said we can not...
    • Studio Suite

First I ask someone to do the beds they said we can not because the house keeping is not here. Second the bathroom door beed to be fixed. Third, the day of leaving they put the respite under the room door

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Don’t book through third party or you will not get the complimentary breakfast that you paid for
    • Executive Double

There was a mildew odor in the room and a big stain on the carpet that I was told it was permanent when I mentioned to the front desk. Parking is 70-75 but u can not go back to your car once it’s checked in so do not forget even just a toothbrush in your car or you will have to do without.

Close to time square and the lobby is really cool.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Overpriced sub standard hotel experience
    • Executive Double

The room was tired looking. The air con unit was grubby and had seen better days. We’d booked a room for 4 of us but only had two sets of towels. The phone wouldn’t work when we tried to call down. Given how much we’d paid for the room it was a complete disappointment. It feels as if all the investment at the hotel has gone into the oversized and ostentatious lobby. We may have been unlucky with our room but I would have thought an exec room at that price would have had a basic minimum standard which our room certainly did not meet

Browse Stewart Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery