Reviews of Stowe Mountain Lodge 5 stars

7412 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672, USA

#4 of 29 hotels in Stowe

• Classic Room

don't have any real complaints. one knit-pick would be to have more than one fire pit out on the pool deck. i think we also came just before the summer season officially starts so not everything was available but that's our own scheduling fault.

the spa was great experience. enjoyed the heated outdoor pool as well. rooms were nice and felt high-end. was about 10-12min drive down the hill to the main strip of town, so everything was pretty close.

• Timberline Studios

Only issue was there were ants in my room everyday there would be more.

Great staff and overall atmosphere definitely will recommend to others and will come back.

• Timberline Studios

pretty slim on the coffee/no bottled water/laundry bags for a luxury hotel had requested an early check in and late check out, no one confirmed this.. had to ask for both again... and were not granted precise request. WHen room was ready, no one alerted us, had to ask (turns out it had been...) nothing was open. i understand it was the last weekend of the ski mountain being open, but last weekend should mean last weekend, not a closed weekend! no surrounding places to eat or shops were open....

nice room. great location when things are open! staff is generally very nice and helpful

• Timberline Studios

The pool was cold considering it was heated. That was disappointing.

Staff was friendly and accommodations were wonderful. It was great to just let my daughter walk across the courtyard to the slopes!

• Timberline Studios

It was difficult to negotiate through the pool area to the far hot tub. Also, valet parking is mandatory and expensive which was not disclosed prior to our arrival.

It was very convenient for skiing. The ski valet was great, the hot tub and pool were perfect for apres ski.

• Timberline Studios

I find breakfast poor and expensive. The all food is not labeled properly so I cannot distinct margarine from butter. Service is not good enough either. The reception staff told me there are slippers in the rooms but there were any in the room. At check out we noticed that we left ski bags at room and asked reception,she called house keeping and said that there weren’t. Then I went to the house keeping by person who service our room and find bags!

The location. Ski in/out property. Large and clean room and bathroom. Kitchen in the room gives you opportunity to cook your meals. Outdoor heated pool and hot tub were great after skiing. Parking valet guys and bell boys were very effective and fast even on a crowded Friday evening. Also I liked ski valet guys and working system which is very practical. I recommend Skinny Pancake restaurant for lunch which has vegetarian options.

• Classic Room

Valet is a disaster. The guys who run it are incredibly rude and seem to have forgotten that they are in the hospitality business. Took over an hour to get our car EVERY time we asked for it. The guys SCREAMED at me and my friends on various occasions for very mundane things such as were to park.

Ski in ski out is very useful.

• Classic Room

Location and facilities are great so as the hotel amenities. The food quality was very good and the staff are generally helpful. However upon check in i was told that the room/bed preference was unavailable and that they usually communicate that to Booking.com though i had an email confirmation from Booking.com with the selected preference. I was then asked to pay for that specific preference (as it involved an upgrade) and I refused and asked to speak to the manager to get it sorted but that took a bit of time to sort out. Once that was out of the way the stay was great!

facilities were great and F&B quality was very good

• Classic Room

There were no negatives. The hotel is without equal!

By far the nicest ski lodge/hotel on the east coast. The staff are the most attentive and helpful i have ever encountered. 6 stars all the way

• Timberline Studios

Outdoor pool & hot tubs were not warm enough.

Beautiful property in a fun little village. Can park the car and stay in the luxurious hotel, ski, ice skate, shop, eat, and drink without getting back in the car for your entire stay.

• Timberline Studios

The food is very expensive (resort prices) and several items on the menu were unavailable during our stay. The staff at some of the venues provided no, or incorrect, information on several occasions. The food preparation in the ski lodge (where you purchase lift tickets) was terrible and expensive. The WiFi in the rooms is not very good.

The convienence of the lodge to the slopes is the main selling point. Most of the staff were very helpful and the rooms are very nice. There is a ski concierge service and the employees at the desk are very friendly and take very good care of the residents. There are a few on site dining options that have very good food (crepes, local beer, bar food, sit down dining...). We were able to travel to some local breweries and other places surrounding the lodge with relative ease even in snowy conditions, the roads were very well maintained. There are ski runs for all ability levels and the runs were not very crowded. We were able to ski early in the mornings with no one else on some of the runs.

• Classic Room

Everything overpriced. Our bad sheet was not clean but they fixed that problem very fast.

location perfect for skiers ,nice iceskating ring,staffs very pleasant .

• Timberline Studios

Staff are very engaged and enjoy helping their guests. Location is very close to Waterbury, VT and of course Stowe, VT. Tons of things to do and see in the area. Not too far from Burlington and other VT towns to visit.

• Timberline Studios

When we arrived we were told by the valet employees that our car would be covered so we wouldn't have to worry about snow and clearing it off. That wasn't a problem until the day we left. There was snow and some ice on our car when it was brought up to us. We had to ask for someone to clean it off since we were told it would be covered. Not having a choice but to pay $23 a night for valet parking and then not having what we were told would happen was frustrating.

The manager gave us an upgraded room but forgot to tell us. When we got to the room I realized this was not what I had booked but much more. Unfortunately there were 2 queen size beds and we wanted a king size bed so we went back to the desk and the manager explained that we were given an upgrade. We politely thanked him but requested a king size bed so we were given a room like I originally booked. The pool and hot tub were beautiful! The pool is nicely heated so you could actually be in it when the weather was freezing! The hotel itself is also absolutely beautiful!

• Timberline Studios

The hotel is very efficient. I did not expect to like it as it is so large, but it was great. I think there are maintain nece issues -- knotty pines outside doors to rooms in hotel kicked by skiieers I assume. The resort is very large. I had not been to Spruce for 40 yrs/ and the building up there, while well done, is overwhelming to the beautiful scenery.

• Timberline Studios

After paying and extra $125 to have my dog there. I never received a dog bed, bowl, etc and explained in the pet agreement. Also, a stranger charged drinks from the bar to my room. I found this out upon checking out. There should be a better system then just giving your room number.

• Timberline Studios

My tub would not fill due to a defective stopper. Maintenance was fantastic, came right up, unbelievable service!!!

Beautiful rooms, very comfortable!!! Want wait to come back.

• Timberline Studios

Amazing resort! The pool and the thubs are just amazing. We were there during the week, just before the skiing season, so we almost had the entire hotel for ourselves. The breakfast is a bit expensive, but very good!

• Classic Room

Brunch was a little disappointing, but I suppose any buffet style meal by its very nature lends itself to criticism.

This is one of those resorts you say to yourself, "Yes, I am coming back." The scenery, staff, facilities, food quality, are all way above average. We can't wait to visit in the summer. It really is a beautiful resort.

• Ridgeline Studio

Beautiful, rustic hotel with spacious rooms, and stunning views. We were there during off season so most of the shops within the resort were closed, but it seems there were many things to do and you would never have to leave.

• Timberline Studios

We wanted to park our own car so the valet would not give us any directions on where to park. After we figured out where the parking was. We finally found out how to find our way into the hotel. Couldn't find the elevator. Hidden behind glass doors. I asked for a pet free room due to allergies. There was dog hair all over the couch. This place is only for the rich. They make you use valet. They make you use their parking so they can charge you an extra $26 a day. If you aren't ready for this don't stay here. They won't help you if you want to do things yourself.

The view from our window was nice. The bed was comfortable.

• Timberline Studios

The lock on the balcony door did not lock. When we told the front desk they said that it was reported before. I am upset that that it was not fixed when it was initially reported. The safety of their guest should be there top priority.

Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, too expensive. We did have dinner and drinks and it was very good.

• Classic Room

The only negative would be we left our room in the morning on our first day and when we returned at 3:00 our room still housekeeping still had not been there. We were getting ready to go out for an early dinner when they knocked on our around 3:30 so we told them we were all set.

• Timberline Studios

It was pretty expensive but it was fun for one night.

The room was beautiful. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I’ve been I love the hot tub outside.

• Timberline Studios

We had a terrible night sleep because the mattress was awful. The manager looked at it and agreed it needed to be replaced and he gave us a refund of 20%.

The hotel, our room, view, and the main lounge area and setting were beautiful.

• Timberline Studios

Rooms were incredibly small for $600 per night. Kitchen was an absolute afterthought. Closet space - None. Bathroom was nice but took up valuable space. Fireplace on timer (tacky). Room was a very, very long walk from lobby.

scenery.

• Ridgeline Studio

If you are driving the check in process is a joke. We had driven 5 hours and wanted to temporarily park outside reception - you can only do this if you pay for a valet service. Because we declined and wanted to self park (because we didn't want to wait for luggage to be sent to our room) we were sent to a car park that was far away and a long walk to the lobby - which we can to repeat once we had checked in and found out where our room was. Pretty amateurish stuff from the hotel really. Also, this place is 7 miles from Stowe so don't be deceived by the pictures of the town. You won't be anywhere near it.

Visiting an alpine resort is pretty cool out of season. The resort had good variety of food and different spaces to hang out.

• Classic Room

Offered valet parking, which we didn't want. Directions to self parking were too confusing which led to frustration. Stores closed early which was a huge disappointment.

Crepes were excellent and the room was comfortable, although we had requested a king size bed and were given a room with 2 queens. Staff did try to accommodate, but no rooms were available. Overall we enjoyed the visit.

• Classic Room

Nice coffee shop on property for a quick breakfast- great egg on roll and tea. Restaurant had a great breakfast although we ordered a la cart rather than buffet. My husband left jacket at bar and it was returned to us by morning. Access to gondola for trip up mountain for breathtaking view.

• Timberline Studios

We ate at the lounge on the patio for dinner, very slow service limited menu. Took a while to order and to get drinks. We ordered an appetizer it came out after the food. Had the buffet breakfast the next day it cost the 2 of us 60.00. Way overpriced for what was offered. I would expect more for that price.

The room was fantastic, the pool was great, grounds were well kept and very pretty. Very clean resort. The staff was great very helpful, polite and accommodating Lots to do on the resort. Coffee shop served really good coffee. Toll hill road was really cool enjoyed driving up and hiking.

• Classic Room

Wish I knew how much the valet was before I checked out.

Everything was wonderful. From the entrance, the friendly staff to the marble floors in the bathroom.

• Classic Room

Everything was great, beautiful facility however mattresses were not comfortable in the room. (Mattresses should be changed periodically)

Beautiful accommodations & scenery.

• Classic Room

Got a good deal from booking.com to stay in this crazy over priced hotel. We were appointed a room, as far away from the lobby desk, as you could possible get. Our section of the hotel, was well worn. Our toilet overflowed twice. We used 1/2 our towel to clean it up and they didn't replace them or fixed the toilet problem, they just cleaned the rest of the water up. The next day, it overflowed again. This time my husband turned the water off in time to stop the flooding. The furniture was scratched and worn, the bed skirt was dingy and crumpled around the bed. The water pressure getting up to the 5th. floor was none existent (No wonder the toilet wouldn't work). My hard earned 200 dollars was wasted here. Apparently, if I had spent a ridicules amount of more money for my room, I would of been placed in the nice "advertised section of the hotel.

Liked lots of things too bad I didn't get them!

• Classic Room

Too noisy and overpriced dinner and drinks

Nice big room but unfortunarely overlooking the VERY noisy central air condition plant which made it difficult to sleep

• Timberline Studios

Our room was on the second floor very close to the door across from the bar area. It was far too loud on Friday night to the point we almost complained. I would request a room in a different location next time.

This is a beautiful property and a fabulous place to stay. I loved that they were pet friendly and will bring our dog next time.

• Timberline Studios

Due to a family issue , I wanted to change my booking to one day earlier , although they had space they would not accomadate my request . Even though we were charged we skipped the property . I have stayed there in the past , never again .

• Classic Room

Hotel accommodations are perfect, booking.com has problems making any changes and also processing and reporting back to me in a timely fashion! Also several charges were made to credit card and then recredited, to correct the errant charges. I was not pleased with this and waiting on the phone line so long for one of the associates who I believe did the charges on my account errantly.

Place was very nice

• Timberline Studios

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, costs extra and is extremely overpriced.

The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are modern and beautiful. Spectacular mountain views from the balcony!

• Timberline Studios

There weren't many restaurants on site that were affordable for families.

Great place, family friendly and knowledgeable staff! Perfect location with lots to do in the area.

• Classic Room

The rooms were really clean and nice but wish they were more sound-proofed, the halls were a bit noisy at night.

The hotel is exquisitely beautiful - the grounds are really well manicured, gorgeous flowers eveywhere, the pool is beautiful and so much fun with the kids. The outside air-gondola was a HUGE hit with our kids too and felt safe and well maintained.

No improvements needed.

Outstanding customer service. Hotel is beautiful beyond description. We booked the standard room, thought it was upgraded in error. Spa quality if all I can say ! Impeccable cleanliness, restaurant choices and their menu's were incredible. Looking to book my next stay as soon as possible. Pool and Spa were lovely. Used the waking trails as well. The July 4th celebration was so much fun.

• Timberline Studios

The activity building with the rock wall and the outdoor shops weren't open when we were there. 😟 Booking.com overcharged me for my reservation. My reservation said one final price, but my MC statement was for a lot more. Fortunately, the staff at the Stowe Mountain Inn saw the error and credited my account.

The pool was perfect! It is HUGE and nestled among beautiful woods. It is also surrounded by many chaise lounges to relax on plus a bar for summer beverages. The food in the dining room was excellent as was the service. There is a nice walking path and two great playgrounds for children on the property.

• Timberline Studios

Food on the property needs an upgrade. When you charge top dollar for food the food quality should match the price. Keep in mind there is valet parking fee for $23 per day.

Beautiful hotel very up to date and modern. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great pool and great hours and plenty of room in the pool area also great lounge area to sit and relax.

• Ridgeline Studio

None of the properties activities were open such as the gondola or ziplining. These were the main reasons for staying there. We were disappointed about that.

Overall the hotel was really nice. This is the second destination hotel we've stayed in. We like their facilities a lot.

• Ridgeline Studio

Seemed to get a bit ignored at breakfast - and a bit confused as to the system - one morning was buffet next morning wasn't

Hotel was great - location good.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Timberline Studios

Late checkout was offered to us which really was great. We were able to ski, eat lunch take a swim in the heated pool and then go back out skiing! All of the staff members were super friendly and made our stay very enjoyable. We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Ridgeline Studio

Location, staff and layout were exceptional. Truly the perfect "Vermont" experience. Incredibly close and convenient to mountain and offers ski-in/ski-out convenience.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Classic Room

You get discount for lift tickets only if you book through the hotel. I have ski before in France, Switzerland, Germany, Canada , this is first time I regreted that did not look at price for lift tickets before coming.

Big room with fireplace , good wifi , kitchen, ski storage, attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Classic Room

Our room was too small, and very loud. Phone didn't work, none of the keys worked right away, dump trucks, ski tram right outside which operated way too early. Plus the room overlooked the restaurants & hotels work, dumpster pking lot.

Loved the location, the staff was amazing! Everyone called us by name and greeted us with smart answers and all in a cheerful voice. That alone does it. The lobby, the spa, the food and the village with ice rink, shops were all great.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Timberline Studios

Bed was not made properly. Sheets moving and coming undone. Every.single.night. Housekeeping forgetting to replenish stuff in the room and cleaning was so-so.

Valet parking and valet for skis. Overall location. Bathroom is awesome. Outside pool is great, fitness center is also really nice.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Classic Room

Breakfast was very basic for the price. It was not possible to get a day care service for our friends dog

We liked the atmosphere, the offering of activities, the pool

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Timberline Studios

We could not see the World Series on TV. In the room or at the bar.

The room was very nice and the kitchen was a great bonus. Beautiful facility. We saw the seasons first snow fall the night we arrived.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Timberline Studios

The food and the food service in your very fancy and very expensive restaurant were terrible !!!! I have a food problem that is potentially deadly to me -- which I made the serving staff and the chefs very aware of by way of a written card that described very explicitly, both the food problems I have and the consequences of not following the directions on my card (It coul). Nevertheless, all my food came our with total disregard of my written (and identical, verbal) instructions. I had to send my steak I needed cooked "medium-well done" back two times because it came out two time "ALMOST RAW." The third time (I guess to bet even) it came out burned to a crisp that was impossible to even chew.

I loved the mountain views surrounding the Hotel. However, after checking in and trying 2 rooms without a decent view in sight -- which the front desk kept promising would be fantastic, but had no good view at all -- they finally gave us a room with a very nice view...

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Timberline Studios

The fireplace in my room was not working, and the maintenance man could not fix it. The walking distance between the room and the elevators were quite long. Took 15 minutes to get from the pool to our room.

The suite is very large with a huge balcony. The hotel's restaurant was great, however the service was slow. The 85 degree heated pool open all year round is a great touch. Firepit at night. Surrounded by the mountains.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Classic Room

They didn't clean the left over food from last customer! Too pricy considering there is not much to do in the area after Columbus Day. TV is too small

Bed is comfortable Hotel looks nice from the outside Bathroom is large

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Classic Room

If we had to complain about something it was the distance to the "tourist attractions or other restaurants". Still the driving was no big deal and they were easy to find.

We liked most everything. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We can't think of anything wrong. All our needs were met.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Classic Room

You don't get more for your money than elsewhere, didn't even have a balcony or terrace

Great location, nice spa and pool area, friendly stuff

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Classic Room

The rug in the room looked dirty and worn by the dresser. The sink in the bathroom was very slow to drain. We called to ask about our pet and if the hotel was pet friendly - which it was. However, they failed to inform us of the $150 charge to keep a pet in your room. Surprise Surprise.

The bed was great, best sleep I've had in awhile. The bathroom was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Timberline Studios

Nothing I can report on - it was a great time all around!

From the welcome of the valet, to the beautiful accommodations and surroundings, our family loved staying here.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Classic Room

I loved my blue cheese burger but I did not enjoy the fries that accompanied them. They seemed like they were frozen and bakes in the oven...and were chilly. But I did love the burger.

I loved the room and the amazing bathroom. I enjoyed an soak in the amazing bathtub. Staff were kind, helpful, and shared stories, directions, and ideas. The men at the entrance with cars were so kind and supportive. Stowe was a beautiful town with architecture that made me gasp; history surrounded me.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Classic Room

The meal was very low standard for such an upmarket, expensive hotel. When I asked a question about the carbonara pasta sauce the waiter told me it contained 'puréed cucumber', to give it body! He then returned to tell me that was not correct, it contained no cucumber, as if I haven't worked that one out. I found the valet parking a nuisance and I definitely did not enjoy paying the compulsory 23$ a day for the annoyance.

The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

They need to do a better job advertising the activities onsite as well as the discounts offered if you book through the room.

We were delighted to be just a walk to indoor Rock climbing (discount passes with room) and the Gondola to the top of Mansfield (again discount passes with room) We enjoyed a gondola ride, lunch up top and a hike down. The kids loved Rock climbing. We all did. The kitchen in our room was perfect for breakfasts and casual dinners. The pool was fun. We liked that we could park for free (non valet) within walking distance of the room because it was summer. I wish we had done the farmer's market.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Classic Room

Food was overpriced and while good, was too expensive for what you got.

Great and comfortable room and bathroom, gorgeous location, very well maintained.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Classic Room

That some of the restaurants were closed but We did go in the off season so not that big of a deal

I loved that I received a complimentary upgrade from a standard room to one of the deluxe rooms

• Ridgeline Studio

I only ate at one restaurant so to review it may be unfair but when we go back we will be dining off property. I don't mind spending a lot of money for good food but the value vs quality of food was less that equal.

The facilities were phenomenal and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I can't recommend Patricia the concierge she worked hard to make our weekend great on short notice.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Classic Room

Staff were extremely warm and pleasant, we were provided a room upgrade, as it was our Honeymoon. Couldn't have been happier with the room, the service, the facilities. Lots to do nearby in the summer as well. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Timberline Studios

At check-in, Clerk was very slow. Couldn't answer questions about room changes. We visited during "off-season". Room wasn't serviced until after 4PM. Coffee Maker not cleaned. They don't care about quality...

Location is perfect... that's all!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Classic Room

Some of the staff at the front desk could have been a tad friendlier. One person in particular walked past me and my son multiple times during the course of our stay and didn't greet us once! Thankfully, that was not representative of the other staff.

Dining Staff was great--super attentive

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Timberline Studios

The resort is a quintessential Vermont property. Well appointed with a friendly outgoing staff. Room was well appointed, service and quality of food in the bar/restaurant was outstanding. Looking forward to going back for a longer visit. Plenty of activities to keep you busy or room/space to just relax.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Timberline Studios

The vending area was a problem, change maker was broken and the machines wouldn't take bills. There s/b a little store with snacks, waters etc.

Beautiful property. Great food. Lovely room. The employee in the lobby was very informative and helpful. He gave us great information on the bike trails and hiking trails.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Classic Room

The lights in our bathroom stopped working as well as the hallway. It was as if a breaker tripped. I called maintence, guest services AND the front desk multiple times. My calls were unanswered. My wife and I stayed at Stowe in hopes of a romantic weddin g night and ended up taking a shower by the light of our cell phones. I was even more disappointed when we walked down to the front desk to tell someone and the response was "I'm sorry that happened to you. Can we help you with anything else?" Both my wife and I are very surprised as we have only heard good things about your facility. For 280 dollars to sleep 8 hours and take a shower in the pitch black darkness, our needs were absolutely not met.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Timberline Studios

Not enough umbrellas in the pool area.

From the moment we walked in people were friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and the views were amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Timberline Studios

Definitely resort priced, but we were on vacation after all! A few reasonably priced eating options would have been nice. Beds a little firm for me, but great pillows.

Beautiful location. Loved the bathroom. Huge! Nice 2 room suite. Hot tub, great! Would love to return in the winter for skiing. Stowe is a cute town. Enjoyed the old car show.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Ridgeline Studio

Our room wasn't ready when we got there 20 minutes early and had to wait 45 minutes for a room which was not fully cleaned when we entered.(dirty sock and Cheerios on the floor)

For the most part a beautiful facility with friendly staff. The restaurant was on the pricey side ( $18 for a burger, $13.75 for a mixed drink)

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Classic Room

Food at the hotel is touted as being "farm to table" but much of it tastes frozen. "Garlic parmesan fries" at 9 $ were dry hard and flavourless. Bacon on burger microwaved. Also, service at pool was slow and understaffed. One server working to service over 50 guests- meaning waiting sometimes 30 minutes for service. Not acceptable for a hotel of this calibre. Pool menu is extremely limited, could use more variety.

Great location. We were upgraded to a studio, so was nice to have bit of extra room. Facilities are nicely appointed. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Amazing housekeeping- went for breakfast and room was cleaned upon our return!