Reviews of Sturbridge Host Hotel And Conference Center 3 stars

6.1

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Not worth the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thought the room would be nicer for the price- needs to updated! Bed was the worst I've ever slept in!

The location was great for attending the Brimfield flea market, staff at hotel was friendly, plenty of parking

Great hotel for the money but need to replace the pillows.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows are little square objects that are more like a couch throw pillow than a real pillow. I had forgotten this from last year. Should have brought my own.

Located in the same hotel as the trade show I was attending so it was a good value and convenient.

Overall
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Nice view but windows were so dirty couldnt enjoy it. Air / heat wall unit so loud kept us awake all through the night. Tv channels not good. Dinner in the lounge not good. Service not good.

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

3.0
    Only game in town or it would be out of business
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The place was a dump, rotting wood and mold on the balcony, missing coffee pot and coffee holder from room, earwigs in the bathroom, no toothbrushes behind the front desk, we were lucky to have a door on our room.

The bar staff, outstanding and the engineer who cleared our blocked toilet

It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t book again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Everything, including the room, was extremely dated. For the most part it was clean, but some things were falling apart. The bed was quite lumpy and I could hear everything going on in the rooms around me.

It was in a great location for an event we were attending. Most of the staff was super helpful and friendly. We also had a great view overlooking the lake from our balcony.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and it was located...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place is older and beds were not very comfortable for the amount per night.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful and it was located in a beautiful setting!

I liked that it was cheap and convenient to our location...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That there were no refrigerator, AC ( especially with the humidity from the pool) as we had an interior balcony, staff was not very pleasant as we checked in during a busy time and things seemed chaotic... and front entry was blocked by groups of people. Also side door we were not able to open with our pass card. Pillows were tiny, and thee was hair on our bed sheets....

I liked that it was cheap and convenient to our location needs

The rooms were spacious.

The room decor is very outdated. The drapes were dirty and not attached well. The tub was stained but the mat was clean. Carpets wore out. The shower pressure in one bathroom was good but not the other. The drain thing was on the side of the tub when we arrived.The towels and wash clothes were thin and not absorbent.

The rooms were spacious. There were indoor amenities such as a pool. The beauty of looking out on the lake in the morning. I liked that they did communicate well through email and over the phone prior to arrival. They we're willing to accommodate our late arrival.

We were all VERY DISAPPOINTED with our room!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean, it smelled like dirty socks. The shower was just old and awful looking. To plug in your cell phone chargers you had to crawl under the desk to get to the only outlet without moving furniture. The coffee shop didn't open until 7:00 am too late when you are trying to get an early start to the Brimfield Antique show. This hotel needs a MAJOR renovation! We will never return to this hotel.

The only thing that was nice about this hotel was the restaurant next door.

Get place for school vacation winter get away.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place could use an update, very dated carpets and pool area is very outdated. Games in game room are also super old. Our bathroom door had a hole in it and was patched with white sheet rock compound.

I really liked the tropical atmosphere inside.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Water in the pool was on the cool side.

I really liked the tropical atmosphere inside. The pool area was nice.and there was a slider door from our room to the pool area.close to Old Sturbridge Village

Overall nice stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness could have been better. Linen smelled like bleach, but old bleach. And I moved the TV so I could put my makeup on in the mirror, there was dirt under the TV. Looks like it was never moved. It is also really outdated. The TV is one with the old style tube and the toilet took forever to flush.

Staff was extremely friendly. Went to the pub for a quick dinner. I sat for 10-15 minutes without being acknowledged by the staff, they were busy. I had to go to the bar and ask for a menu myself. Dinner was very good. They even packed it in Togo containers so we could take them with us. Breakfast they over charged me for a coffee. Yeah it’s $2 but it’s the principle, they fixed it right away. Otherwise staff is amazing and very helpful. Nice to see they have seniors working also and they are great.

Needs a renovation
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Hasn't been maintained properly for some time. Lock on my rooms door was jammed and needed to be repaired upon my arrival. Sofa bed was broken, which was the specific reason for choosing the room. The rooms still have tube TVs.

Necessities are satisfactory.

Weekend Convention
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Multiple conventions going on at the same time. Felt as if there should have been more people on staff @ the front desk for checking in and checking out.

Unique. The hotel has a pool and hot tub in the center of the facility, an area that is covered & decorated as if we were outside....it reminded of Epcot (sort of)... Remember this is Sturbridge, you will not get modern decor. Clean, friendly staff. Food on site delicious. Convenient to highways and stores. D&D is a stone's throw from parking lot. Thoroughly enjoyed a weekend stay for daughter dance convention on site. The place is much larger than appears from the outside. Looking forward to returning again next year.

Rooms were clean.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

1. Disturbance in the room next to me keep me awake for a couple hrs, security was called party arrested, a lamp in a room the lamp base was hanging by the wires

Rooms were clean.

Check in was smooth, staff were pleasant, rooms were clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wasn't prepared for the noise that we heard in our room from the atrium. I probably could have asked to be moved and will do so next time. On Sunday morning, music started playing from some speakers close to our room at 7:30 am and woke me up. That's much too early to be playing music, in my opinion, esp. when it wakes up guests. I did talk with the desk supervisor as we were checking out and he was quite responsive.

Check in was smooth, staff were pleasant, rooms were clean.

Rooms are beat.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms are beat. Carpets worn, bathroom nasty, towels terrible. TV's are really old and sound out of it was terrible. Bed needs replacement along with pillows.

It was amazing!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place is so unique. The pool was perfect for 3 children, heated. The staff was promt in helping us with extra towels and a cot. The breakfast was amazing. The staff was amazing.

Everything was nice except the front desk attendant...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our toilet was clogged at 5 am i walked around the entire place (its big) for 25 minutes looking for ANY STAFF and clearly the front desk attendant was sleeping and unhappy to be woken. I asked for a plunger and was told "I'm alone when someone gets here I will send one up. I explained the situation waa dire and she stomped off in stockings -no shoes! And returned with a dripping plastic bag wrapped around a nasty plunger. I asked if I should return it and she said "whatever you want"

Everything was nice except the front desk attendant overnight / early am Sunday ... The pool is awesome for kids and the hot tub for adults. All the restaurants were great too

Would not return if they paid me to stay.

EVERYTHING

Nothing stayed here once before hated it regret giving it a 2nd chance worse than the 1st stay 2 years ago. Facility is run down, housekeeping takes tips does not leave fresh toiletries. 1st morning Hazmat crew eas removing furniture asked desk clerk if I should be concerned basically told none of my business. Rooms, furniture etc. Completely outdated, paid extra $20 per day for fridge and microwave don't think microwaves with dials are even sold anymore. Big old clunky televisions barstools ripped and taped. Staff unhappy in jobs if they will wait on you.

Wifi spotty in out hotel room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi spotty in out hotel room. Staff wonderfully accomodating but not enough of them so often a line at the front desk. Exercise eqpt old and mostly broken. Bed and pillows too hard.

The ONLY ELEVATOR in the entire hotel was in the furthest...
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The ONLY ELEVATOR in the entire hotel was in the furthest corner from the check-in counter -- definitely a problem for anyone in a wheelchair or on crutches. The indoor pool creates an overly humid environment throughout the hotel. There was some kind of stain on the bathroom door frame and light switch -- yuck!

I would totally stay again!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We had a plumbing issue, but the front supervisor gave us a break off our bill. We were very 😌

Although it was raining, there would have been so much to do. The staff was amazing. The food was delish!!! In every restaurant on the property.

Rooms need updating !!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel room was very old ! Housekeeping didn't vacuum the room in the 3 days we were there, we didn't get clean cups in three days, ashtray wasn't emptied ! Pool was closed due to a wedding and we weren't notified upon check in ! No complimentary breakfast !

When pool was open it was nice !

Our stay at the Sturbridge Hotel & Conference Center was just what we needed for a night's stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows were not what we were used to. Even standard size would have worked but three small pillows were not the most comfortable.

The accommodations were just what we needed for a night's get away for my niece's wedding. Everything we possibly needed was on the property. Thanks for a fun time!

Bathroom was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My "view" was of a wall. See the attached photo for my lovely view. Pool and hot tub were CLOSED because of weddings. In addition, wedding partiers were talking loudly through the halls until 3 a.m.

Bathroom was very clean.

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

No coffee in the room. Staff wasn't helpful or pleasant. Hotel wasn't full but online it said it was. The restaurant in the hotel was terrible. The rooms were very old

There was a pool

It was not bad but ok.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was uncomfortable. Towels were scratchy.

The room's view was pretty. The bed was uncomfortable. The hotel was fine but is dated and needs TLC. When we checked in the hotel had no record of our reservation. They had a room and it turned out fine. We were lucky as the hotel was very busy.

We enjoyed the weekend and the stuff was nice and tried to be accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast inside hotel was not great. Hotel is old and rooms and hotel need updating.

Jacuzzi was nice but no towels by the pool. Outside area and lake was very nice and enjoyed the boating. There were also some good restaurants in the area of the hotel.

Had I not reserved room in advance, would have cancelled and stayed elsewhere
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dated rooms, Wifi spotty, bath room from 70s, air stale throughout the building... needs updating - in essence, was very expensive for what was offered

Close to the conference I was attending, Nice location on pretty waterfront

I will never fo back or recommend to anyone
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was old and outdated..the room was not clean.they need to update.and update the decks very old.the old lady at desk couldnt do her job then got mad at employees.it smelled bad the whole place.

The pool and hot tub was nice

after getting moved to 2nd room it was nice . tv went out in morning for half hr.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

first room I was put in had fruit flies in bathroom and all in bathroom sink. after going to dinner I asked to change rooms. man at desk said they had a problem with the fruit flies and they should fix problem. I looked forward to the hot tub but thought water smelled funny and didn't go in

I ordered breakfast in my room, that was good

Will look elsewhere next year and book direct
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I turned the bed down monday night there was a blood smear on the sheets. I called the front desk for housekeeping - front desk clerk was rude. Said we would have to change rooms - at midnight!! I think not!! Finally, a maintenance man or security guard or whomever he was, brought 2 flat sheets to the room and I had to remake the bed myself. Not the kind of service one expects when paying those outrageous room rates. I also do not like booking.com not allowing me to change my room dates without an extreme cost to me. Will not use them again.

Denise - the cook on wednesday did an excellent job on breakfast. It was one of the best omelets I've ever eaten.

I had a good trip all in all but I will not be returning back to this property.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Inside balcony,pool area closes at 9pm,only one elevator on the opposite side from where our room was located.

Cindy in house keeping was amazing.. Property was beautiful lots of things to do while on the property

Never again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The tv was from the 90's Everywhere you went to order food they were out Breakfast was horrible I threw it up later

The area was nice by the lake

Would stay there again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Really nice place to stay. Loved the Oxford Tavern's food especially the clam chowder soup! Real pretty setting on the lake. Everyone was very friendly. Nice clean rooms.

Not worth the price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I have stayed at this facility for several consecutive years for business. I used to look forward to my stay here, but will book elsewhere in the future. The overall quality of facility (staff and facility) have declined - last couple of times i felt overcharged and under-served.

Great property. Hope new management comes in to turn it around.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

So poorly managed. Room smelled. Multiple requests before housekeeping addressed. Soggy socks revealed flooding issue. (AC?) Coffee maker in room, but hotel ran out of regular coffee. Lobby had vending machine for kcups, but keurig broken. Pincher bugs in rooms. Inattentive staff. Dirty.

The property was wonderful. Excellent potential.

As much as we had to pay I think the least they could do was supply a free cup of coffee
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

we had to pay for coffee.....went without wash rags for two days because they did not have clean ones............had to walk over the complete hotel as there was no access from to the parking lot from our end of the hotel

the fact that there was a restaurant at the hotel was nice.

Bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was shabby and smelly, the hotel dark and out of age. The look to the backyard from the room was disastrous to a spooky derelict mini golf with small house ruins as signature attribute.

The near distance to our target destination, nothing else

The hosts with the most in Sturbridge.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms could be more modernized.

Convenient location. Good food on property. Indoor pool is great. Rooms are a little dated. Televisions are from the 80s.

Serves its purpose due to size and proximity to a wedding venue. Would not book again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's very outdated and looks dirty... not in a "rustic" way either. Smells of mold in some places and rooms were not completely clean. Old tooth brushes found behind the tv? Stains on the curtains and walls. The staff was very abrupt and rude when asked questions.

The location was great and the view of the lake was very nice. Cute restaurants near this location.

I wish we could have stayed longer.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little noisy when in our room.

The food & live music at the tavern were great. The breakfast buffet was delicious. The lake was beautiful. So much to do here.

Enjoyed the room the room service and food did not enjoy the long walk to the elevator.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for second floor since there was an elevator.. staff should have told how far we would have to push luggage cart on thick carpets, I would said first floor. Only one elevator far distance from lobby, long walk with a bum knee.

The bed was very comfortable and I liked the balcony overlooking the atrium area. The pool area was nice.

I'd stay there again. Very nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows weren't that comfortable.

Shower was great! Room was very clean & large. Lots of extras, pool, restaurant, bar, property very nice, weekend brunch. Nice late check out time.

The Oxhead Tavern is always great but the music on Sat.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facility needs renovations. Unable to use swimming pool due to chemical problem. Unable to use lake because of bacteria. (not their fault)

The Oxhead Tavern is always great but the music on Sat. nights adds to the fun atmosphere.

Disappointing!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

When we checked in, our friends and I said we would have rooms next to each with water views. When we got to our rooms, it was a very obstructed view. The rooms were very dated and our bathroom was not nice at all. I didn't even shower in there. Although it was clean, it definitely wasn't worth the money they charged.

The hotel landscaping and lobby were very nice.

atmosphere, restaurant and beach
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

all I heard were children screaming all night I felt like I was in a kids gym room. I wish hotels would allow adult swim time also.

atmosphere, restaurant and beach

never again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

the bathroom was filthy, more hair on the floor and in the tub, than i have on my head. the smell of the room was VERY bad.

the room smelled very bad, had to sleep with my shirt over my face, the bathroom was filthy.

Average.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was supposed to be a queen and it was a double. A wedding party was using the fire pit till 2:30 am. It took 5 calls to the front desk for it to stop. The night manager wouldn't give us her name. We did get half off the room and a free breakfast.

The breakfast and the pool.

Staff was friendly and was a short drive to tons of great...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very dated, beds were lumpy and there were obvious repair jobs on the ceilings and walls.

Staff was friendly and was a short drive to tons of great antique shopping! Indoor pool was cute.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Room smelled musty and was freezing upon arriving. The whole hotel needs a severe renovation... the ceilings in the main part of hotel and the room had stains and were outdated popcorn ceilings. The pool area was so uninviting, dark and horrible. There wasn't even a flat screen tv , the remote control didn't work for the ancient tv, the sheets were so paper thin, the mattress was so uncomfortable and clearly old, all in a room that they had the audacity to charge 200 dollars for. I couldn't wait to check out if this dreary, outdated mess of a hotel. Would not recommend this hotel.

Great hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing I didn't love like.

Hotel and property was very beautiful for having a wedding their. The beach area was clean and you can swim in the lake. Great place to stay.

$200 later, Well not planning To return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds and pillows needed replacement years ago, hairs stuck all over the bathroom, large dated hotel.

The location was very good and staff were attentive.

Won't return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Most uncomfortable bed I ever slept on. Had 4 spiders in my room. If your looking for clean bug free room, this is NOT the place for you.

Location and staff was awesome. Catherine at front desk was great.

Nice setting, poor facilities
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was physically run-down and in desperate need of a good cleaning and upgrade. We wouldn't recommend it to anyone because of the obvious lack of care, cleanliness and investment.

The setting, a conference center by a lake, was lovely and the grounds were well maintained.

Stay far away if it's a busy weekend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

So so so crowded that we didn't go in the pool or jacuzzi, or lake...not a good weekend to go. We got stuck in a room with no view and far from lobby. If you decide to go make sure you get a room with view overlooking lake.

Room was clean

Lakeside view so relaxing
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Mini golf course need update

Paddle boat was fun, little Beach was nice and lakeside view was beautiful Just so relaxing. kids had fun in the swimming pool and hot tub

Totally Disappointed
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The restaurant was slow, the food and staff was of poor quality, and I left a phone message for the manager to discuss my displeasure and he never called me back. The back stairwell was filthy with leaves, dirt and cobwebs throughout. Definitely not worth the $180 stay for one night. The restaurant had two huge industrial size fans on their stage. The staff told us it was their regular way of having air conditioning. The ambiance if what is on their website is definitely not what you get when staying here.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great location and great service from the staff, but the facility is in need of improvement.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom: soap, if you want to call it that, was a very thin small disc on the sink. No soap for the shower. The card lock system for our door required 2 instances of the staff to help us to make it work and finally we received new cards. No safety bars for the shower/bath tub for when you enter and leave. The A/C was difficult to get cold air (it is not user friendly). In our opinion, the place in general needs a face-lift - - painting, rugs, etc. When I visited the bathroom off of the lobby, there were no paper towels available after washing my hands. We booked a room there several years ago and were very satisfied being there, but there was a noticeable difference now. We like going there and will go again if they improve the facility.

I liked the Jacuzzi and the pool. We also liked the breakfast served there as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Good value for your money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is looking a little old and needs a facelift inside. Carpets are worn, furniture a bit worn. It is a big place and the maze like hallways were a bit confusing

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean.

Should have stayed with my first choice
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I had reserved a suite and was under the assumption it was with 2 beds, in 2 separate rooms. There was one bed and one pullout sleep sofa. There was no door between the 'rooms'. There is a red stain on the carpet. I think it just needs some updating!

2 star accomodations at 4 star price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No fridge in rooms. Ripped blankets. Uncomfortable,thin mattress on pull outcouch. Overall hotel needs updating.Wifi slow.

Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Staff was best part of hotel. Inside pool was second best thing.

Will be back, next year.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Pool closed too early 9pm. And very busy place a wedding, a prom and a bachelorette parties all going on. Popular place.

Older hotel, but very nice. Huge suite style rooms. Beautiful property. Pets welcomed. Good breakfast buffet.

Basic accommodations for a rather high-end price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms tattered and not terribly clean. Odd odor. Low ceilings throughout property. Leak stains in ceilings. Thin walls. Basically, a dated and rather run down property. The "mini golf" was a good analogy, decaying structures in a sad and dreary display. Sprawling layout of property means it is a hike from most rooms to the lobby. Business center printer not working and front desk refused to print documents.

Rooms were large but very basic with no mini bar / fridge, old tube tvs and worn out décor. Linens not good, threadbare towels, military standard bedding, weird square bed pillows, uncomfortable sofa to sit on, let alone sleep on.

Sky high rates for half-sized pillows
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The half size bed pillows were an insult. Just spring for a standard size pillow! Also, jacking up the rates of the hotel because of popular local events is real tricky. There is no way this hotel was worth the $195 I spent for one night, but because all local less expensive options were booked I was forced to bite the bullet and spend this crazy amount.

Near all, easy to access
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Antiquated, rusted refrigerator we had to pay for, 2nd story windows open all the way which I thought was extremely dangerous for families with young children, chipped, cracked paint on window sill. Needs some updates. Curtains on window didn't close so street light shined into our room all night.

Near all, easy to access

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The Old Gray Mare

It's obvious there is a lot of deferred maintenance here. The furniture is scuffed and worn. TV's are not flat screen. We had a great deal of difficulty getting the hotel to honor our reservation, especially as to room types. The on property restaurants feature mediocre food and slow service.

We have stayed in this hotel for many years, for large, comfortable rooms. It was once a venue for a trade show we participated in, which is why we started staying at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Unique, but old and needs repairs and much TLC.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel is old and badly needs renovation. It has not been kept up and even small repairs are neglected, which indicates that the owners do not care. There is free mini golf, but the 9 hole course is run down. It has likley not been repaired for 30 years. The power was out at the hotel as the blew a transformer. The hotel was on generator power, again a sign of lack of maintanace from the owners and management. The hot tub foamed when the jets were started, indicating the water is dirty. This is likely due to mis managment and lack of care on the owners part. The staff seemed to do their job in keeping an old facility clean and running to the best of their ability. The tavern for meals is in similar state of repair and were not accomodating to our needs. We left for anothe place for our dinner. Later we read reviews of the tavern, with an avg of 2.5 stars. Glad we didn,t eat there.

The concept and style is unique. Indoor garden around pool. Rooms adjacent to pool. Despite its run down condition, the staff keeps it clean.

Save your money
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We came for our anniversary and there was toomuch noise (doors banging, dogs barking, adults yelling in the middle of the night), kids were unsupervised in the pool and jacuzzi all weekend and we didn't have a chance to go in because of this. We paid for a balcony room, we got there and they said they were sold out. The pillows were small and uncomfortable and the bed was as well. The hotel doesn't smell very please but it does look good when you walk in. Fire pit and paddle boats were "out of season" and the website did not state this so we had no clue. Not too much to do where the hotel is located. It was just not worth its money.

Need to have one staff at hot tub to enforce rule of age limit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

How the patrons did not follow rules for hot tub bunch of kids in there and other older generations did not get in due to the fact until I got there. Told parents if the rule and the kids have a pool. The other adults thanked me for the speak up issue. Back lash from parents but rules are rules. There was a licensed massage therapist there and tried to explain to parents of the rule to protect their kids of health issues. After that we older generation got to use the hot tub.

The bed was way too soft. Is there a way to know when booking how the beds are firm/soft? Rooms were clean but no menu for room service. The info booklet was missing.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Not a good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were lumpy, thin and uncomfortable. Tv was old and all channels fuzzy. Restaurant breakfast was expensive. Got the same food as if we were at a free continental hotel but had to pay.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Don't Bother
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a smell. The pool had green algee on the stairs. There was a big sign at the pool "If you have a communicable illness please don't swim in the pool"

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Beautiful but Room for Improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we were doing our final clean up of the room I found an empty nip and a bunch of trash behind the TV stand. Considering my child is 7, we never used room service until the end, and we were the only ones to go in the room, it was definitely left by previous guests. The TV is super outdated. Not a big deal but a room for improvement sort of thing. The most frustrating thing however, was the cards to get into your room and side doors. Sometimes you had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for the door to unlock but if you waited too long it wouldn't unlock. The first couple of times my son and I couldn't get in our room for about a minute. Once the side door wouldn't open at all and we ended up having to walk back to the open entrance.

The place was really nice and we would go back, especially for the price we scored the room. The property itself is beautiful. The pool is not in it's own room which was actually a nice thing, because watching my son and his friends swim meant we weren't sitting in uncomfortable heat and the overwhelming smell of chlorine. Many of the surrounding inns/hotels are outside pools and seasonal. We got a lake view and it was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The pool area is so much fun, family oriented.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The pillows are the only bad thing about this hotel.

The pool area is so much fun, family oriented. All the onsite restaurants are great too. Room service was fast and friendly.