2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Sturgis

Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Sturgis 2 stars

1301 South Centerville Road, Sturgis, MI 49091, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Sturgis

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Very disappointinig.

There was a problem with our reservation and the staff was not helpful. He blamed booking.com. One of our rooms was not properly cleaned (there was a CRUSTY dirty towel on the back of the bathroom door and something that looked like blood smeared along the floorboard behind the bathroom door. The manager did not even bother to say "sorry". He said there was nothing he could do and blamed booking.com

The beds were comfortable

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Good Stay for the Value
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Nothing It is an older building. I think some remodeling has been done. Some could be done ... but hey so could there be at my house !!

The staff was very friendly It was clean. The beds were really comfy. Had a nice continental breakfast. Great price :)

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great for our one night stopover.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast was barely adequate: Hard boiled eggs were the only protein. Carbs were plentiful: 2 cereals, oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, juice, coffees, toaster waffles, packaged danish, bread for toast, bagels with cream cheese, jam. No yogurt.

The room was pleasant, clean, comfortable. No issues of odors, bugs or carpet problems. Nice large armchair with ottoman; the king bed had 4 pillows, the WiFi was good, the TV worked well, the bed was comfortable, the temperature maintained pretty close to the setting. Location is 5 mins from the interstate, so not very noisy. It is across from a very good local family restaurant, Cosmos, also Applebees and close drive or 10 min walk to fast food options. WalMart in walking distance.

Clean, tidy rooms.

Little detail like a second switch in the bathroom so you could leave a light on, but not have the noise of the fan running woukd be great

Clean, tidy rooms. The staff was friendly. Easy to find. Easy drive to Shipshewana. I enjoyed downtown Sturgis as well.

Rundown Dump

Everything. The exterior, the lobby, the room, the breakfast, the smell. It is a rundown dump. I paid for another hotel down the street after seeing this place. My husband stayed there since we had already paid. I wouldn't let my kids stay here.

Great stay for the price. Would like to be pleasantly wowed when I walk in the door.

Front lobby large but it was underlit and furnishings were unimpressive and there was a stale odor that had me worried about choosing Travelodge. Breakfast sparse compared to another Travelodge I stayed at last year. No eggs or meat.

Price, location, and staff.

The beds were clean.

The bathroom over the shower had a good size spot of mold; I can only assume it was from a leak from the floor above. An electrical outlet for the lamp and coffee pot was not working; I left a note in the room for that. The outside of the building needed some sprucing up. Weeds. We stay there last fall (9mo.) ago and the motel seemed to be in much better condition.

The beds were clean.

A very pleasant stay.

It was fine...

Overall we were very pleased with the staff and facility. Breakfast was good. Location perfect for our trip to Wisconsin....easy access to I80

Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The staff was very unpersonable, the towels that were in my room were dirty, the hotel itself smelled, and the door to my room was broken

The tv worked well with a variety of channels to choose from

Will spend more money next time to get nice king bed and handicapped accessible
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I used booking.com and asked for extra night and it was never reported to Travelodge so I had to pay twice and I booked for a king bed and handicapped room, when we checked in it wasn’t handicapped so they moved our room but only had a queen bed handicapped room and we were disappointed downsizing the bed size

Air conditioning was really cold and we asked for extra pillows and they brought them to our room

Not willing to work with unhappy guests.

Thought I made reservations at Sturgis, SD. Turns out I was in the wrong Sturgis. I was able to find another Wyndham, Motel 8 and really hoped Wyndham could give me a partial refund. I called the Wyndham Travel Lodge and explained my situation and to cancel my reservation....I know it was too late, but hoped. So, I ended up paying for a room at Travel Lodge, which I couldn't use AND at the Motel 8....both are Wyndham. I would appreciate it if you could at least give us a partial refund. I realize it was my fault...but seriously? We travel a lot, and I'm bitter enough to consider a personal boycott.

Won

The room smelled really sweaty. The pillows smelled like sweat too. The room was just really old and outdate and it smelled really bad.

We liked the price, but not work the other negatives. Will spend more next time. It was fairly quiet.

Location was good

Was very dissatisfied with the breakfast and what was available, no eggs no meat no fresh waffles like we were told. The waffles were laying on a plate in the refrigerator to be toasted. When we travel we get motels that have breakfast, it's just faster then checking out then looking for a restaurant. We don't go through that area often. We mostly travel North to the upper part of Michigan, We have never stayed a travel lodge before.

Location was good

Mostly OK stay for the price.

Room was overwhelmingly hot when we arrived and it was hard to get it to a tolerable temperature. Overall everything was pretty run down.

Very pleasant staff. Great location.

It was Ok but we wouldn’t go
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Secure Wi-fi did not work in our room.Could not use internet . Door key would not work unless you juggled the door a couple of times. Desk clerk made no effort to solve problems unless we pushed her.

Location was good. Breakfast was good.

We liked the location of the hotel.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

So, you do get what you pay for but was very disappointed with this hotel. In the newly renovated lobby (very nice, very modern looking) there is a sign stating that this property was Travelodge's newest hotel. From our first impression of the lobby, we expected a pleasant room. There is a pleasant smell being piped in to the lobby, once you pass through the doors to the stairway (no elevator that we could find) it smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Then when we got to the 2nd floor, the hallway had that pleasant smell piped in again. We got into our room and immediately noticed what looked like a cigarette burn in the gold coverlet on the bed. We notified the front desk about it but kind of get a "meh" answer. Not too concerning to them. The floor of our room (room 208) had not been vacuumed as there was popcorn kernels and such on the carpet. There were moth holes in the curtains that you could see when the light was shining through the curtains in the morning. Also, the lamp on the right hand side of the bed did not work. The bathroom had no ventilation system so after you took a shower, all of your toiletries were wet with condensation and would not dry out until I took them out of the bathroom. The above rim of the shower had black mold as well and there was a patch of leftover 90's wallpaper behind the mirror light--like they just forgot to remove that part but painted everything else. The only saving grace about the bathroom was the amazing shower pressure from the 90's shower head. You can't get shower heads like that anymore! The nighttime gal on staff was very nice. We never made it to breakfast so I can't comment on that but it always smelled nice coming downstairs after breakfast was cleaned up.

We liked the location of the hotel. Very near Shipshewana and close to lots of restaurants and grocery stores.

We would definitely chose to stay here again if in the area.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

A more stable internet connection; options for a higher speed.

Though it was an older facility it was clean, well maintained and comfortable. It was also within walking distance of stores and eateries.

We would stay there again. Very clean and friendly staff.

We have an handicapped daughter and bathing her was very difficult. We brought a port a potty to put in the tub, but not having a hand held shower head was rough. That would be our only complaint.

We loved almost everything , this is the second time we've stayed there.

Stayed 2 nights, won't ever stay there again.

Everything could be better and cleaner, no orange juice on our 2nd day, coffee was bad. We could easily hear our neighbors next door talking through the walls.

Eggs sucked, beds were very small to be called queens, only 2 pillows on each bed, very thin pillows, bathroom needed to be redone. I won't be staying there any time soon The price was okay

Value minded place

Dated and needs some repairs but to be expected for the price relative to other hotels in the area.

Location. Checkin staff was very corteous. Good value overall.

Mattress need replacing,lots of plaster on walls needs to be...

Mattress need replacing,lots of plaster on walls needs to be replaced,bathrooms need updating in fact whole hotel needs updating and a good cleaning. Breakfast was simple and not overly stocked had to go in cupboards to find silverware.

ok for the price
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Next room children running down the hall screaming and in the room crying till late at night. Need to have a separate part of the motel for families with children.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The value was there for the cost.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The bath room was in need of repair and possibly caulking and paint.

Breakfast was adequate. I was a bit dis appointed that there was a sign telling patrons NOT to take food to their room. I usually pick up breakfast and take it back to the room so that I can sit quietly and enjoy.

I booked it because of the pool but it's not operational.

I booked it because of the pool but it's not operational. No elevator and had to carry my bags up a flight of stairs which normally wouldn't be a problem however I had my knee replaced and I don't do stairs very well. And the staff could hardly speak English..

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Good value for an overnight travel stop.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Surroundings on the street were the typical American suburban wasteland.

Good value for the price.An older building but clean and serviceable. Breakfast was a. Bit sparse.

rooms were clean but dont count on breakfast
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

There was no continental breakfast and when I tried to check out at 7;00 am could not raise anybody so just had to leave key on counter

the faculity was clean

I liked that it was near most of the shopping areas if...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I did not like how the room was not very clean, the furniture had stains, the nightstand and dresser trim was broken and the fridge had random dents in the front, carpet was dirty, sink would not drain quickly, poor lighting.

I liked that it was near most of the shopping areas if anything was needed and close to the place where I was attending a wedding.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Adequate facilities...less than adequate breakfast

The breakfast that was advertised was not adequate. The eggs tasted like they were powdered and there was no choice of yogurt, that is usually offered with a breakfast at hotels.

The beds were comfortable and the facility was relatively clean.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great stay!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I did not like the 4 small pillows on the bed, every hotel we stay at has these small pillows, I find them irritating, give me just 2 pillows and I'll be happy.

The hotel was obviously older but it was very clean.

CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE. AWESOME ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

We couldn't find anything we didn't like! Travelodge in Sturgis was just an awesome experience!!!!

Wow,where do I start? Like everything!!! No well water, ( I HATE well water!!),HOT water and awesome water pressure in shower, towels that actually dried you off, huge king size fluffy bed and pillows, desk and desk chair, nice comfy arm chair and foot stool. They have mini fridge and a microwave in room, along with normal amenities. Staff (Vicki I believe), super nice!!! Smell in hall smelled like bacon and sausage, yum! NO smell of smoke or any bad smell for that fact in room. Smelled fresh. Parking right by our room. Didn't make it in time for breakfast, so can't comment on that, but I'm sure it was good😀. Price was awesome. We thought for the price we'd get a crappy hotel, but nope. It was actually better then The Blue Gate Inn we stayed in previously while we were in Shipshewanna. Can't say enough good things!!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very outdated but OK for the price
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness and upkeep of the room less than desirable outlets didn't work The eggs tasted like paper and the coffee was very weak Entry door on the side of the building did not close all the way or lack there for compromising security Very outdated but OK for the price

Cleanliness of the breakfast area Easy to park Location in relationship to where I needed to be was perfect

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

STAYED OVERNIGHT TO ATTEND A FUNERAL

THE BREAKFAST

THE BREAKFAST WAS LACKING IN CHOICES. IT DID NOT MEASURE UP TO OTHER PROPERTIES.

Stayed in December 2018

Not good to recommand

They lied

So, so.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Good price and accomodations. Will be back when the price is right/low.

Far from Shipshewana.

Its location, it's close to the stores and restaurants I regularly visit.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Location was good, and the property was clean.

The rooms were outdated compared to the price per night.

Location was good, and the property was clean.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Never do it again!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

When I hear Wyndham, I think of quality, cleanness, luxury. I found none of these.

I guess for where I was the price was fair for three days.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Would stay here again. Felt safe

The Facilities are old and could use some updates

Easy to find. Facilities were clean. Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

All in all the staying was great
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The bathroom look old and not the cleanest

Staff was friendly, the bed was clean and comfortable, breakfast was excellent, and parking was easy.

Thank you for giving my family and myself a comfortable place to stay over the weekend!

Breakfast was more limited but fair.

The quietness of our room. Access to Wi-Fi. Having the option to use heat or air conditioning in our room.

staff was very friendly and accomodating

staff was very friendly and accomodating

It's ok

Alot of the little things are missed clean beside the fridge and dresser, handle on tub was loose, TV remote didn't turn off the tv.

Price

not that enjoyable sorry
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

our room smelt musty and around the taps in the bathroom where fllthy

the bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Not acceptable would like a refund
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The room smelled really bad the shower head was full of mold overall condition was not acceptable

Good price.If my husband wasn’t so tired as not to see the shower head when showering at 1 am after

The shower head in rm 140 is discustingly dirty

Bed was comfortable. Shower pressure good.

Vacation

Close to everything

Conviniently located good for the money but could be better. Hotel is older so need some attention.

Breakfast is cheap, bathroom smelled bad. Room smelled.

The room and hotel was clean, friendly staff.

Breakfast was terrible.

Carpet could have been cleaner, breakfast was not good at all, very limited and coffee was empty.

Locations was ok.

Review
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Lady was grouchy cause of our late checkout

Quiet flea

Really dirty not recommend at all

Really dirty not recommend at all

Building was cold.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Building was cold. Coffee pot in room didn’t work.

clean but could use some upgrades. Holes in the walls that could use patching
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

breakfast. Eggs would have been nice especially for people that can not eat grain.

very clean. polite and helpful staff

o.k. good
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast only for one hour. I missed it. Asked for room near exit so I could see car but didn't get it.

I enjoyed my stay and will stay again when I travel for business in this area.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I would of liked to of had more pillows.

I certainly liked the price, I also liked the woman who checked me in she was wonderful.

Good price but rooms need total upgrade. Clean but outdated.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Even though rooms were fairly clean they need an overhaul.

Price

good

toilot

Overall security, feeling of safety.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Great room, very comfortable.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Great room, very comfortable. Good value

never there again
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room.was filthy bedding was soild and had burn holes in the blanket

it was just okay
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hot tub wasn't in good working order

The breakfast was good

Decent place for the value

Bathroom was dirty

Friendly staff

Half the electrical outlets in our room did not work .

Friendly staff

Toilet did not work.

Toilet did not work.

Ok
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Staff not to bright.Tried to canceled 3 night,don't know that it was. The hotel need a big overhaul.

Good place just to rest your head.

Ok
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Furniture could use a update.

Pleasent

Older semi remodeled hotel

Price and location

Very clean.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Nothing,everything was just what i expected.

Very clean. Room spacious.

A satisfied stay
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better

I liked the bed and pillows

waffles were good.

I wish the pool was filled so the kids could swim.

waffles were good.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The staff was extremely friendly would recommend to others

The staff was extremely friendly would recommend to others

Don't stay here

It was filthy and stunk terribly

There was a hole in the bathroom wall.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

There was a hole in the bathroom wall. The bathroom could be more updated and the bed was not totally comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Nice little stop on a weekend getaway.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The view from room was of the dirty scummy pool.

For a quick getaway weekend it was great!

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!