Reviews of Sleep Inn and Suites Wildwood-The Villages 3 stars

1224 South Main Street, Wildwood, FL 34785, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Wildwood

The beds were very comfortable, the handicap accessibility...

Refrigerator was turned off but still froze everything we put in it .

The beds were very comfortable, the handicap accessibility was great . It was not to far from the hospital in Inverness. The property outside was clean . The room was clean . The lady who did the breakfast was very helpful and very kind . Our maid was very nice and helpful.

Excellent staff and breakfast.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had some trouble with check in. Not sure if a Booking.com problem or hotel. I had to cancel one reservation as I had 2 rooms and it would not let me modify it on line.

Excellent staff and breakfast. Excellent bar b que restaurant adjoining property.

location.....

Requested Handicap room 2 weeks in advance 2 Queen beds. I was told they had already gave them away and I had to take a Queen bed and charge me more for them changing my request. I have severe PTSD I toss and scream at night. My wife was very disappointed she had to share my bed and results. Left for Breakfast at 7:00AM came back at 12:30 room was not made up or cleaned had to request to have it cleaned. took about 30 minutes. While we waited outside in car.

Location and room.

a good travelers option if you can get it under $100

it was overpriced for what it is, but we stayed during Leesburg Bike Fest so I guess that was to be expected. We will find a lower cost property next year.

the bed was super comfortable

Just OK

Not enough shampoo for 2 people, not even enough for my husband and he has short hair!! Needed kleenex but there was only one piece left in the box!! Candy wrappers left on the floor in the bathroom, so I guess the floor wasn't cleaned.

It was quiet

Great location, very clean and staff was very friendly
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

When I got to the hotel they could not find our updated information from Booking.com so check and took about 30 minutes. I made the change on the 22nd and we checked in on the 26th. I feel this could've been handled a little better .

All in all very happy with my choice.

Breakfast very basic - sugary and fatty. Plastic cutlery and paper plates. Thankfully there was a bowl of fruit with a lovely Florida orange.

Perfect for a stop-off on a journey. Quiet, clean, spacious with super-comfy beds. Nice that there was a bottle of water in the room.

It was great

I think the air conditioning in the rooms could be more better with keeping the rooms cooler.

Everything from the staffing, comfort of the rooms,breakfast, cleanliness,atmosphere.

I thought that $130 was a little pricey for this hotel.

I thought that $130 was a little pricey for this hotel. We had stayed in a Sleep Inn in Valdosta the night before for a little more than half this. But then, I knew this in advance.

Expensive. Charged twice, with still no resolution. Booking.com is making more of a effort to fix th

CI booked the Inn through booking.com and reserved for one night - Jan 31. Since I used my debit card, (they ?) debited my checking account for the room charge for &126.55. This was not a pending charge. It was s finalized withdrawal. When I arrived in Wildwood, FL. To check in, I was told that since I went through booking.com they didn’t have proof of payment. I have online banking so I pulled up my back account on my phone and showed the clerk that The room had already been paid. He said the only way he had of checking me in was to put the charge through again and then work it out with booking.com. It wasn’t all that clear who would work it out, but since I was traveling with my 105 year old mother and she was tired and I was tired I said OK. The next morning when I went to check out the second charge was since on my account as a pending charge. I talked to the morning clerk. She called booking.com. Each one passed the buck to the other. The Wildwood zone said booking.com didn’t send them the payment snd booking.com said they don’t take payments. They only take a fee. But they both reassured me that within a few business days the second charge that was pending who be taken off my account. Well, that didn’t happen. The second charge went through on Feb 6. Agsin, I called the Inn. They remembered me, but said I had to work it out through booking.com snd gave me their ph number. Booking.com gave me instructions on how to send screen shots to them from my phone (this wasn’t easy & not something J wanted to spend my time on vacation doing) but I did it and emailed them the screen shots to prove to them I really did get charged twice. Doesn’t the Inn or booking.com keep financi records? Why do I have to prove to them I was charged twice? So know I am waiting to see if anyone follows up on this. Bad experience.

Awful....I do not recommend staying here as long as he is employed there

The front desk clerk was rude and inconsiderate...the AC did not work took an act of Congress to switch rooms....all this after standing and waiting 45 minutes to check in...

Leaving

It was the perfect location for our visit with family. The staff was great.

Our room was not cleaned the second day of our stay. Only the bath mat was removed (and not replaced). We knew the linens wouldn't be changed that day, but nothing else was done - trash cans not emptied.

The staff made special accommodations so that we could check in before noon. The breakfast buffet is extensive. We were able to print our boarding passes in the business center.

Housekeeping was super loud early.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was super loud early. It definitely shouldn't be called sleep inn if you can't sleep past 9. It's like they put latches on doors to have access to rooms and just let them slam all morning. Then our room was by their storage closet. I've stayed many places and this by far was the loudest employee wise. The guest were considerate.

It suited our needs and was very comfortable and clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Pet Friendly

The price for an overnight room without a fantastic view or a close location to any tourist attractions was pretty high.

The staff was extremely friendly and the free breakfast was delicious and well stocked.

Overall Great Stay!!!..Will Visit Again

I didn't like that I had to drive 10minutes to restaurants to grab a bite to eat but the interstate was very easy access so that was a major plus and well worth staying at this motel..Loved It!!!❤

Everything was good no complaints at all..

It was nice and quiet.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was nice and quiet. Easy to relax there. The staff was nice and understanding. And the rooms are very clean. I would reccomend this hotel to others.

The staff was the friendliest I have ever experienced!

The hallway was kept at about 60 to 65 degrees. It was freezing. I had to bundle up to leave my room.

The staff was the friendliest I have ever experienced!! From the front counter, to the cleaning staff, to the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh. The best scrambled eggs, fluffy and tasty. The room was very clean.

The best Hotel and staff I've stayed at, hands down.

There was nothing to not like.

The staff there is very friendly, more like family atmosphere. Very accommodating. Went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and had everything that I needed. Bryan and Star where absolutely awesome.

Disappointed

The chair in our room was filthy and disgusting. One of the comforters on the beds was very stained and gross. The rest of the room was clean enough.

The staff was friendly and the price was reasonable.

I would definitely come back again. The experience was great .

There was nothing that I did not like about this property. It was clean. I was able to easily find my room.

Everything! It's a great location and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The area was very clean.

Booking.

Booking.com doesn't tell you about the pet fee and they don't let the hotel know that you have one. Had to be moved to a pet friendly room and pay a nightly fee.

Wildwood Stay

Room was very damp. Even with AC on , the rugs and bedding felt wet. They obviously had a PROBLEM BECAUSE THERE WAS A DEHUMIDIFIER in the hall. Spoke to Manager who was very accommodating and put dehumidifier in our room. Helped s lot. Without that we would have found another hotel. WIFI did not work well either. Great in the lobby. Second floor was sporadic.

Location was good for us.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Pleasant and Convenient Stay

The breakfast was very good and the attendant was very efficient at keeping the food supplied. Our room was very clean and quiet. The staff at the front desk was very informative and friendly. We would definitely stay here again and we plan to when come to do some antique shopping in this area again.

Best place to stay in Wildwood

Very expensive for a value hotel but in Wildwood you're somewhat limited to options. Bath towels like sandpaper.

Best place to stay in Wildwood. Very clean room and hallways. Basic hotel room but well maintained. Right next to highway so very convenient. BBQ Restaurant right in parking lot.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Interesting two days

Location was hard to find for us as we had never been in that area before. We had friends living in the Villages which were even harder to find. Congestion on the roads was very high.

Breakfast was very good,beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Best place to stay in Wildwood

As always it is a great place to stay. I always stay there when I am in Wildwood. They have one of the best free breakfasts of any Hotel I have stayed in, and the staff always go out of their way to make you feel at home.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

cleaning staff removed the soaps from the room the first...

cleaning staff removed the soaps from the room the first night. They never cleaned the toilet the 3 days we were there. The wake up call for 5:00 in the am never happened.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A great place to stay in Wildwood

I go to a lot of Jeep events in the Wildwood area and I always stay here. It is a wonderful hotel and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 15.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I cannot complain about anything soundproof walls , clean, pleasant and comfortable

bed very comfortable, very clean, staff great had just made hot cookies when we arrived on the 2nd night ofour trip, we were delighted, breakfast was good with several choices, convenient to the villages, were we used to live and have several friends there

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Comfortable bed!

Would like to have seen a better quality shower head.

I have many food sensitivities, so I was happy to see hard boiled eggs and fruit available for breakfast. It would be nice to find some gluten free bread. The bed was very comfortable! We slept well.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

All in all we had a very pleasant stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a hair clip up along the wall that lead me to think that housekeeping had not cleaned around the edges.

The evening staff were so very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

It was beyond my expectations.

Everything was excellent, the staff was very nice and always asked me how I was doing when I passed throught the lobby. The breakfast bar was beyond excellent. The food was well cooked and the person supervising the room and very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Just Ok

wet floor in room shower water presure TV volume had to continuly be adjusted under the screen to be heard - housekeeping had to show me how the 1st time... after that I had to do it again 4 - 5 times in the one night stay

Breakfast area clean and spacious.

Breakfast area clean and spacious. Staff very friendly and efficient.

Very good for price. Woody's Bar B Que that joins property is great!!

Had some trouble with initial check in. Not sure if it was motel or booking.com problem.

Nice breakfast. Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

so good

so good

Very clean, reasonably priced, great location and includes...

Property is perfectly fine for a one or two night stay.

Very clean, reasonably priced, great location and includes breakfast.

Quick stay

No spa tub or places to eat 24hrs or eat period

Upgrades

I was moved to another room which was great

My first room that I was assigned was clean when I checked in at 8:45 pm on 6/15/18

Comfort, staff, location, cleanliness

I was impressed with the pleasant staff, pleasing fragrance at entrance and hallways.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

No bath tub in the bathroom. Musty smell in my room.

Very nice breakfast. Quiet room.

It was in a peaceful area, not a lot of traffic noise.

It was in a peaceful area, not a lot of traffic noise.

Good stay , but smelly room
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My room had a very musty smell to it. We had to use deodorizer in the room for it to smell better.

Staff, cleanliness of hotel, and the location

It was great

The hotel smelled great when you walked in, my room was big, clean and the beds were great. Breakfast each morning was great

Good. Would stay again if needed.

Good bed Good breakfast

Not good experience

Got hustled by paying a higher price in advance . Cancellation policy not in line with other hotels

close to Florida pike

Had a great time .

We all loved the room. We all slept well. We enjoyed the pool.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will be revisiting again in the near future

The staff was very friendly and my kids loved the breakfast, lol. My room was very nice and clean, bed and pillows was comfortable.

Comfortable & clean, asked for a quiet room since it was...

It was a little pricey

Comfortable & clean, asked for a quiet room since it was near highway & they were happy to have that room ready for us

We booked for 2 nights and left after only one night
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was worn out, it killed my back and neck. Two days later I’m still in pain. There was no tub and location is very isolated.

The cleanliness

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast didn't start until 7am.

Happy traveler

Friendly and clean

My stay was clean and fair.

Room price was a little high for one night stay. Check in time is too late for put town travlers

Overall service was great

Good breakfast with fresh made oatmeal and eggs.

Good breakfast with fresh made oatmeal and eggs.

Excellent breakfast choices

Excellent breakfast choices

Marvelous.

The staff was excellent and made us feel at home. The free breakfast was out of this world. Everything you wanted and more

We stayed in a king size bed on Thursday and it was nice. Friday we stayed in queen,wasn't nice

Breakfast was til 10:30 and they stopped serving at 10:00 On a Saturday.

The front desk was very friendly and accommodating.

The front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room and hotel was very clean!! Will defiantly stay there again!!

Nice weekend get away

The beds were not comfortable. need a comfy topper or better mattress.

Lovely staff. Clean. quiet. Dark.

It was very excellent

It was a very good stay and the service very nice.

I reserved room for Saturday, check in times are too late, eventhough it's industry standard

The room was just felt dingy.

Convenient for visiting USP Complex.

Location to turnpike

Location to turnpike

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Ground Floor - Pet Friendly

Super pleasant staff. Excellent hot buffet breakfast. Areas very clean. Room very clean. Love the non- smoking concept.

wouldn't reccomend or stay again

Phone didnt work throughout stay; no light bulbs in bedside upon arrival

bed

Very good

Very good service at breakfast

Staff at front desk not too friendly

Staff at front desk not too friendly

For us this was a nice one night stay, just turn in beside Woody's Ribs

Street access, we missed the turn into the property which is located behind woodys ribs, a bbq restaurant.

Parking androom size

I like the fact that they do serve their guest something for...

I think the breakfast could have alittle more of a choice for vegan people

I like the fact that they do serve their guest something for breakfast.

For my purposes, the location was great but no close restaurant with broad menu.

Coffee cups too small.

Never tried them.

Its called sleep inn for a reason I would love to stay again

How quiet the room was and great smelling.my bed was so comfortable and great breakfast a different variety every morning just perfect!

Recommend Sleep Inn

Nice location. Good looking building. Property well taken care of

On the way to Florida turnpike

Breakfast was sufficient Room was fresh smelling

Great stay

Really, nothing. Couldn't find the ice machine

The facility itself was clean and comfortable.

very clean, nice rooms

could be cheaper

very clean, nice rooms

Rooms are real nice

Rooms are real nice

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Good stay

Good and helpful people and very good breakfast