Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Zephyrhills 3 stars

6815 Gall Boulevard, Zephyrhills, FL 33542, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Zephyrhills

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We are never disappointed when we stay there, we always enjoy our stay.

I really can't think of anything that needs improvement.

I love this Ramada. We visit family in Zephyrhills, and always stay here. It is the best hotel in the entire town. When you consider a 20.00 general extra cost compared to other local hotels, it's well worth it! You don't see drug activity or usage like you see when in other local hotels. The rooms are up to date. Flat screens. Comfortable beds. The breakfast they provide is fantastic. Much better than I've seen in most hotels and resorts. The front lobby always has fresh cucumber water and coffee. It's a an extra perk. They have live entertainment inside the lobby. We had a lot of fun, and we never left the hotel! The staff is ALWAYS friendly. JJ and Katrina are fabulous and their customer service is on point.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Pillows were huge and hard and bed was super soft.

Pillows were huge and hard and bed was super soft. Had an uncomfortable night of sleep. The bathtub was old and stained. The fridge had caked up dirt along the door. They gave me a one hour extension for late check out then called my cell minutes after the regular check out time to see why I wasn't checked out.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The staff was an extremely friendly and accommodating.

I think the rooms could be updated. Even with the lights on was on the dark side. We were on the 1st floor so couldn't open the draps. Parking lot was right there. The wall paint was drab. There was a safe, but it was on the floor. The bathroom was ok. The shower was great, good water pressure & temperature. Will definitely stay there again, but will request 2nd floor.

The staff was an extremely friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was very good. It was more than continental. Hot eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy. The staff was constantly cleaning. The location was accessible to everything you need.

Not again
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain was soured and smelled, car parked outside that has been there for long time no tire should have been towed a long time ago, dogs not on leashes, A lot of hidden Charges on credit card, on price on booking.com one price on card then one price that actually got charged, no written price for pets and 45.00 a night for a dog is high priced when you have people that do not follow the rules, workers here for long time hanging outside very uneasy feelings when they are around just hanging outside, check out time was two different times on booking.com and what it actually was too Beds and floor are very noisy

Nothing but it was somewhere to lay my head at night

Will stay at the Ramada whenever we are in Zephyrhills. Good family hotel. L
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I had an illness that caused us to delay our trip. I worked with Booking. com to change our reservation and Ramada was extremely nice about it. Thanks to Booking for the help. This is a nice hotel especially if you are traveling with your little dogs. K

Great place to stay

The food was great, lots of choices. The beds were really comfortable. The staff was very helpful with any problems we had. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone.

will stay here again on our next visit.

NOTHING~~~

very good breakfast. two types of scrambled eggs, one plain, the other with either sausage, or bacon; all made fresh daily. The sausage gravy was excellent, biscuits light and fluffy. Any thinh you ever wanted at a breakfast bar. Also, FRESH coffee available 24-7, and very good.

Breakfast was delicious.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our toilet was slow to flush, even after maintenance came to fix it. Our friends in another room had a toilet that broke. Maintenance was not available on a Sunday to fix it.

Breakfast was delicious. Beds were comfortable.

It was okay.

No washers and dryers. Room is out dated.

The Staff was nice and professional. The room was extremely dated. Also there are no onsite washer and dryers.

This is one of the best hotels for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is truly a gem for the price.I was trying to book a hotel along 75. This is a short drive off 75 but we'll worth the trip. Beds were great, the breakfast was as good as most restaurant.

They cheat me !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They cheat me ! I paid in cash, and deposit also in cash . I paid $250, and my mistake was that i don't take receipt (lady on desk don't give me, but i also don't asked for), i make only note in my phone to remind me. And in day when i leave they return me only $150, and told me that they always take only $150, and that they have note in computer that i paid only $150. Also my friends remember that i paid $250, but we don't have receipt, and we was in rush to airport so we can't do nothing more. I RECOMMEND OTHERS to take the bill, ALWAYS !!!

Good localisation.

The hotel was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The people staying under us complained 10 minuets after we got there saying we too loud when all we did was sit our bags down and it was 7:30

The hotel was great

The location was perfect.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I requested a room on bottom floor, as we had 2 small children, we were on second floor. Windows didn’t open, so no fresh air. I requested queen beds , we had 2 full beds which is not big enough for 2 adults. One bed was ok the other was hard as a rock. Only 1 chair to sit in. Room was very small. Thank god we were not in room a lot.

The location was perfect. Everything that we would have needed was right within minutes from us.

We enjoyed our vacation stay. We were comfortable and pleased with our ammenities.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We love the location of the Ramada Inn. We are golfers, there are a lot of golf courses near. We love to shop, it is close to large shopping areas. It offers all we are looking for. The facility is clean, well kept and the people are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is an added bonus, good presentation, plenty to eat and tasty.

Floor creaked like an old house.

Floor creaked like an old house... was weird . Staff was friendly courteous prompt. All good there. It just did. It feel like the best value for $135 per night.

Better then expected.

I wanted to use hair dryer and my curling iron and I didn't know why it wouldn't. I called the desk and they were very helpful But something should be posted about what to do. Everything else was amazing.

The room was a lot more then I expected. A kitchen that was a full question like home. The 2 tv's. The room was excellent.

For the most part my stay was great.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I had an issue with amount that I paid and it was the fault of the Hotel Staff. I got 3 different answers from 3 different staff members. Also I don't like that the bill is not deducted until the end of my stay instead of the day I check in

The location of the Hotel. Being on the first floor The cleaning staff was great

We would stay at this Ramada again.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was very expensive on the Weekend but price came down during the week. Yes

Clean room, friendly accommodating service staff. Shower was good and liked the breakfast

Good for the price, hot breakfast and good location
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The Cable TV did not work. The picture was fuzzy and if you moved the tv we lost tv completely But they credited us $25

Staff was friendly and accommodating

3 stars at the most.

3 stars at the most. Looked like they had done some painting and upgrades. If your just looking for a place to put your head down on a stop over it meets your needs.

My Stay at Ramada
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Invoice correct but Ramada has added small charges this time after ck out of $9 33 to our credit card. Should be removed. Same thing 12/21 to1/8/18, we are still waiting on credit of $12.88 on our card use that time ???

Clean, location, good breakfast

What's clean building!

What's clean building! Rooms were perfect and huge, and clean!! The bed was amazingly comfortable! -!: the breakfast was great, what a spread! We will definitely be coming back!

Room was ok, nothing to brag about. Staff wasn't trained to handle any issues.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was not cleaned. The first day, no amenities were left and floor wasnt vacuumed. Second day, nothing was done. Beds not made, no fresh towels, never even came in the room. Also the price was not what booking.com confirmed and I had to argue several times and again at checkout for more than 30 minutes.

I’m still hoping our iPad shows up...

What was AWFUL was, after getting home, we realized we left our iPad there, but of course it was never turned in. (Or at least that’s what we were told). This has been a HUGE inconvenience as you can imagine.

Front desk was very helpful, professional and willing to help.

ok, put you screwed up by credit card.

The sneaky way your staff adds charges to the bill.

I was charged for a safe that I did not use nor intended to use. I had a card shoved under my nose and was told to initial the three boxes and sign on the bottom. It was not explained to me that there were additional charges included when I complied with what the desk clerk said to do. The charge was initially put on my debit card. I protested this and was told that it would be removed from my debit card. Then it appeared on my credit card. It's not worth a dollar and change to argue this with you staff. You can bet, though, I will read every word I'm signing if I ever use Ramada again.

Items in bathroom falling apart.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Items in bathroom falling apart. Towel rack falling, room needed clean. Handicap shower room -looked like the bench needed to be cleaned. 3 year old son found trash under the bed that did not belong to us.

The room was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exercise room was very small it was hot. The equipment was unsteady ( treadmill and bike) it was also right in front of the front desk which was awkward.

The room was nice. The staff was friendly.

Quiet and comfortable.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

More upgrades could be made to improve the appearance of the lobby and halls.

Quiet. Not a lot of traffic in the area. Make your own waffles. Clean comfortable bed.

Excellent stay!

Parking is very limited and difficult to maneuver.

Accommodations were excellent, breakfast buffet was also very good! The staff is VERY friendly and attentive! They all made the stay enjoyable.

• Superior Double Room - Non-Smoking

brighter lights, couple bulbs out but no big deal

Clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff, great breakfast, & close to Saint Leo University. Will be staying again!

I would not stay at this hotel again, cleanliness at a hotel is key
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The smell and the 2 roaches in the bathroom

Our non smoking room smelled so much like smoke, the smell was like stuck to the walls. There were 2 live roaches I killed in the bathroom. The hotel does not looks very clean.

A hotel that aims to please and make for an easy stay.

Hot water for tea was never hot, only warm.

Responsive friendly staff. (A minor plumbing issue was fixed immediately.) Healthy hot breakfast. Live music Thursday night in lobby. Convenient to shopping. Next door to Golden Corral.

Overall, the hotel was better than I expected, we were pleased.

The air conditioner started smoking and our smoke detector went off, at midnight. The hotel associate was very helpful, in the matter.

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast available was better than we expected. The coffee that was available all day was a nice plus.

I would definitely stay at this awesome Ramada Inn again & again!!!

The breakfast was out of this world GREAT!!! I can't make breakfast as good as that was!!!! The room was clean as a whistle and EVERYTHING in the room was in EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION!!! Also LOVED the shower!!!!

Restful and welcoming after an exceedingly long day of travel.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom fixtures needed updating. Overflow cover on tub came off. Tub chipped. But for the price, it was well within expectations.

Clean. No stale smell or mildew (significant here in Florida). Comfy king-sized bed. Obviously not brand new but well maintained.

Stay was good overall, but especially the staff and the people at the front desk. Highly recommend

Had a handicap room. Bed was way too high, too difficult to get into. Should be 6 inches lower. Overall layout of room not very convenient. Toilet was low, difficult getting off even with the grab bar.

We took shelter there during hurricane Irma. The staff went out of their way to accommodate everyone, to make sure we were fed, secure and safe. Could not have asked for more! They were fantastic!

Wonderful experience, we felt right at home...

N/a

I have to commend everyone, Mikel Johnston, Eva, the oriental Gentleman head of maintenance, each one of the ladies that do housekeeping. The general manager and the front desk Manager... all the staff went above and beyond their duties to make all of the guests feel at home during the hurricane. We had to evacuate our home in Miami drove 5 1/2 hours to get to your location. Well done job

Stayed here twice.

Stayed here twice. The rooms are large and clean with very high ceilings. The hot breakfast and coffee bar are a real plus. Great price for all you're getting

Excellent quality hotel for the money!

This hotel was excellent for value, comfort and location. I made the reservation by iPhone only a few miles from the hotel and was greeted by the friendly staff at the desk. Would stay there again.

Bed, breakfast,

A/c unit was blocked by the curtains. The cleaning staff was not informed of our late checkout. My fiancé had to explain the situation to management.

Bed, breakfast,

The bed was comfortable (especially since there was a pillow...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't appreciate the $100 dollar deposit that would have been necessary if I were to pay in cash- I personally don't care for it but I see the necessity of such a deposit. I've ran into that before, however.

The bed was comfortable (especially since there was a pillow top mattress and four pillows that were already waiting on the bed). The shower was wonderful and the room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was good and hot and the facility itself was very clean (I was struck by how well kept up the place was- the marble floor was waxed and shiny). We were also close to the exit and to other stores and restaurants.

Great value
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The eggs were dry. Would have appreciated bacon or ham as well.

Quiet, comfortable. The room had a loveseat for additional sleeping or sitting. The facility offered complimentary coffee in the lobby as well as a coffee maker in the room.

It was ok , but dont think we will be staying there again next year.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Everyday to ever other day i had to have them reprogram the keys to the room. I had to keeping going to house keeping to get a plunger to un clog the toilet. The food in the morning wasn't very good.

The room a/c worked well. The bed was ok.

wonderful comfy bed

ive already mentioned my one and only grip

i didnt not have breaskfast so i cant answer that question..my only grip was my tv wasn't not working.they finally moved me to a different room.

Great place to stay
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was great. It was a late check in so they upgraded the room to two beds which may the stay that night great and let our daughter stretch out. One of the better breakfast we had on our trip.

When asked to reuse our towels by placing on the rack .
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When asked to reuse our towels by placing on the rack .... The towels were still taken and they did not replace with the same number of towels or any in one occasion

Unexpectedly nice for the money

Breakfast biscuits were really hard.. couldn't cut or stick fork into it.. probably a fluke ... everything else was DELICIOUS and clean

Nice and clean.. welcoming

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Really a barging for a great place to stay.

Powered eggs.

Coffee and cookies always available, live band on Saturday night. Ramada is even better than the previous Quality Inn. We stayed there four times in the past. Free breakfast, waffles, powered eggs, susausages, yogurt, fruit, toast, donuts muffins. Not the best breakfast but its FREE. Rooms were spotless along with the rest of hotel.

absolutely recommended!

the front desk employee would not be able to recommend a good restaurant as he "is not from the area", all he could suggest to do was grab a Tampa Downtown map: too bad cause our was a one night stop on our way to TPA airport to have one night rest with our baby, before a 10 h intercontinental flight, so we would not consider this as an option. Strange because we discovered a very nice, family friendly and great quality buffet restaurant right next door: no kidding! ;-) no big deal, but the pool is a bit small for such a nice place and people should rater be clearly asked not smoke while there: to me that's way more important than not bringing their drink/coffee...

all staff absolutely friendly overall quality of service, food and amenities great! absolutely clean

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Head For Z-hills!
    • Superior Double Room - Non-Smoking

Just minor improvements needed like the refrigerator and creeking floors.

This Ramada was recently remodeled and well kept. My sister and I were impressed by the competent staff and generally well pleased. The best in Zephyrhills by far!

Clean, comfortable, good breakfast

We stayed 3 nights. The last night was a bit of a problem. A man in a nearby room was excessively loud on a phone call after 11 pm. We could not sleep, he was so loud. We reported it and it took the staff over a half hour to resolve it.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Comfortable stay for family!
    • Superior Double Room - Non-Smoking

The tv was small but everything else was nice

I really liked having the extra area in the room especially because we could just relax in a sofa instead of laying on the bed. I also liked the refrigerators because many hotels don't have them in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice room. Big bathroom.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV listing card is printed so small that you need a magnifying glass to read it. The front desk doesn't have a copy machine capable of enlarging it.

The breakfast was just like most motels. Terrible.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Would go back!
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms could be upgraded. No door on closet because bathroom door opened over the closet.

Breakfast was great. Paper products some days were suspect. Hard to put pancakes and sausage on flimsy paper plates.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Great hotel, at the center of everything.

the one thing they are missing is the on-site laundry facilities. Going out is a pain.

Eggs, Pancakes, Waffles, sausage, toast Juice and the coffee to die for. Who needs more; but there is more with fresh fruit and pastries. Great breakfast and coffee 24/7.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

We stayed in suite #119.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We stayed in suite #119. Definitely needs a new sofa bed!! We were practically on the floor when sitting on the sofa.....the cushions actually went below the frame at times. Otherwise, very satisified!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good place.

The breakfast.. maybe I should not complain because it was free. But yes water was not always hot, biscuits were hard and change in eggs from scrambled would have been nice.

People were always friendly and willing to help.

THIS RAMADA ROCKS

The bed was SO comfortable plus five especially fluffy pillows on my kingsize bed. Reliable wi-fi, HOT breakfast with grits, eggs, a variety of breads, cereals, fruit and more. Coffee and cold lemon-water available all day. At the reception desk they offer you a free water at checkin and checkout. Even though this hotel sits on a heavily trafficked commercial street, it's actually very quiet inside. Also a plus is that you can walk to several restaurants, department stores and more. Hotel staff were super nice and hospitable, too. YOU GO RAMADA!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Probably would not stay at this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sleeper sofa could have been clean, not stained and apparently dirty from use. On departure the front desk woman said she would have the condition corrected.

The breakfast area was clean and the food selection good.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Thin walls
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were very thin and for both nights that I was staying there I could hear the person snoring from upstairs and basically was awake most of the night because he was a very loud snorer

Staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The staff was great.

It's a long 228 miles from my home

The staff was great. Mr Antoine saw to it that the free "chow" was hot, entertain was great. everybody had a relaxing good evening in the loung.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Location was perfect to attend family funeral, price excellent but hotel room overall very dated.

Room dated, lacked attention to details like rusted toilet at base, bed was like covered plywood!! By far the hardest mattress I have ever slept on!

Price and location,

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Satisfied customer.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

They need a bell or something at the front desk. I wanted to ask the night manager a question several times. I waited five minutes at the desk and no one showed up. Not sure where he was, maybe they were short staffed that day. Otherwise I'd stay there again.

The place was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Very nice place. Would stay again. They have another opportunity.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

lamp in the corner was very very wobbly and the ironing board squeeked to high heaven when opened. Felt very rushed to get out of the breakfast area by 9:30 sharp...don't keep the guests there longer than they need to be. And the hskp staff vacuumed both mornings at 8:30 am. So incredibly rude when you are on vacation not wanting to set an alarm for a change.

Antoinne at the front desk was awesome, friendly, accommodating. Real helpful. food was good at breakfast. Rooms were clean. Nice to receive a paper and fruited water each day for free.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great stay at Ramada.

Very clean, lots of windows & room in the common/breakfast area. Comfortable bed- good shower- speaker added to tv for good audio. Near cinema, grocery, medical & other stores. We would stay again!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

dont stay here
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

reserved a room with 2 beds got only one. didn't tell in advance that pets are allowed. my husband and I had trouble breathing in the room due to allergies to animals. bed was old mattress was terrible didn't sleep much that night. room was beat not worth 80.00. room had odor now I know they were trying to cover up pet smell. sofa smelled bad,and was old and worn out

front desk staff was good

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

I will go back and stay every time I am in Zhills

I did notice some maintence items i.e. A baseboard not properly placed in bathroom, repairs that should have been completed when they re moved previous shelf and replaced with their shelf. They did not cause a problem but they could have made the place look a bit better

It is clean, the staff is friendly and l love the liner in the tub no slipping and it is easy to get in and out of. Location is excellent price is a big plus. My favorite place to stay

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

our stay was great overall.

wish the pool had been warmer and that they had a hot tub.

I really liked every thing overall. it was nice that they had snacks in the lobby most evenings and that we didn't have to go to a convenience store.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Great place to stop over

We had a king bed. Lots of pillows, but a little hard. Everything else was very good (staff, food, comfort). Would definitely stay there again, but not with a king bed

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

It was a great deal and we were very comfortable there.

the pillows! why do hotels scrunch them up to make them square? The beds were really pretty hard and uncomfortable.

I loved Antoine and Christina at the front desk. Christina helped us with some family things because we couldn't get phone reception. She went way above and beyond. Antoine was very helpful when we checked in also.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Home away from home.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The timing of this trip did not allow me to use the pool. Not their fault but that's the only bad thing I can say about it.

Completely impressed with this stay! The staff was courteous and friendly, the room was great and the breakfast provided was truly wonderful. I will definitely be booking again!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Great stay in Zephyrhills
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was super friendly, clean room and facilities, little things made it nice such as a bottled water as a gift upon check-in and departure, snacks upon check-in, breakfast was wonderful. Everyone was very responsive to your needs and accommodating throughout my entire stay. Antoine was wonderful at check in and started all of the great experience.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Best hotel in Zephyrhills!
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The loud music being pumped into the lobby and hallways. Hotels are supposed to be relaxing. TV cable system had no program guide info and many of the channels listed on the index were not available.

All staff members were friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

A star in Zephyrhills
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Coffee could have been better

Very clean and well managed. The managers where not stuck in an office at a desk. They were out and about helping with the operation.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The suite was laid out well
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The furniture was a bit shabby I could not print out my boarding pass without sending an e-mail to a staff member, he told me there was problem with computer system. He was not happy that I was complaining and said I was too impatient. I also complained about the music being loud in the area of the computer and he did not like that either.

The suite was laid out well