Reviews of Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts 4 stars

17805 US Highway 192 West, Kissimmee, FL 34714, USA

#47 of 235 hotels in Kissimmee

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Great stay!! I booked early so I got a great deal. The staff was very professional and polite. The amenities were wonderful! Big bed in master bedroom. Rooms were just the right size and the parks were near by. We even saw a movie that was not even in theaters for that long. Awesome!!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

They was hounding me my first few days about goin to their seminar at 7 am...That lasted 4-5hrs long...Waste of my time didnt enjoy staying there..

Pools

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Loved everything about our stay. Our condo was clean quiet and had more than we needed. The pool facilities were clean and we didn’t even get to try everything. We wanted a relaxing weekend getaway and got more than we could have asked for! As a family of five with two tonnage boys we will definitely be coming back!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

This was a perfect place to stay for us. It was clean, modern all the stafff were friendly and it made our trip! Would recommend this if you are a family visiting and want more than one bedroom with your own freedom.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Loud air conditioning, the childrens splash park was closed for the whole of the first week. Shipwreck Sally's did not serve food as advertised. No high chair for babies in apartment

Location, room size.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Almost all of the activities on the property required a additional fee to partake in, which is not how other resorts are. I have actually never been to a resort where you have to pay other than the room & resort fee to use the facilities. I really didn't like that and will not be returning. Liki Tiki resort is less than a mile away and everything is included in your initial booking fees.

I liked that it was a lot of activities to choose from

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Love the bathtub but it doesn't drain fast so when showering,water is all the way to ankle

Was a great place,huge! Lots of amenities inside the property & very clean overall

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

Property was clean, comfortable and close to Disney! All the staff was friendly. Was great for our families 10 day trip! Will definitely stay here again!!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

I'm a clean freak so the house could have been cleaner.

The house is huge and location is awesome! Everything is literally like 8-10 mins away as far as grocery shopping and mini shopping plazas.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Didn't like the promo push.

It was very nice. We had a good time. They really push promotions. Just say no if you are not interested. Our building was 406 it was clean, quiet and spacious.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Their pest control, they have too many bugs in the room and on the balconies. The need to screen in the balconies. The manager Serena wasn’t apologetic or sympathetic at all. Poor customer service in that regard.

The pool and the amenities were nice. They have some of the best ice cream ever. Some of their units are newly remodeled. Demetria and Ana was the best staff they have there.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Water pressure was the only thing we could think of!

All the pools were wonderful!! Crafts and pool party’s were soooo much fun for the kids and adults! The rooms were perfect!! Sooooo clean, and comfortable! We had the one bedroom condo with a pullout sofa. My girls slept on the pullout and it was even comfy. We will be staying here again for sure. :)

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

They had no mirrors. Well yes one in the bathroom but i am saying a full body mirror & the bathtub was small.

Staff was kind , was only really there for a disney trip so only really got to enjoy the resort for about 2 days & just in that i was very happy, relaxed & everything was very clean!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The staff were not friendly at all. The guy/security walking the pool would spit right in front of you as he walked around the pool area at night - absolutely disgusting. All the beach/water activities, paddle boats, zip line ect were closed. This was the reason for choosing the resort. We will not return. Asked for a 11am check out and cleaners were at our door at 9.30am to start cleaning our room, tried to explain I had requested a 11am check out but they did not speak English.

The room was large and had everything you would need in the kitchen. The beds were very comfortable.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

After being checked in at the front desk,I arrived to a room that was not clean,very dark and had an awful smell.I spoke with Rafael who showed me to another room that was just as bad after two hours of my arrival.Than I was finally told that I could upgrade which I wish I were told after the first time instead me and my family wasted several hours before we were shown to a room TG hat I pretty much expected the first time.Well after the first day of arrival was wasted I really enjoyed the three days I stayed in a clean,spacious fully equipped room.But I probably will never return.It was a family reunion where several of my family members stayed at that time 6-1-2018 thru 6-4-2018.

I loved the room I occupied after seeing two rooms at my arrival that I was so disappointed with.I loved the spacious room,very clean and fully equipped.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Some pools were not open. Zip line was not open. They could have more drivers to get you around from place to place. Beds arenit queen sized. No one to clean or change bedding for the week.

Rooms were clean. Nice decks on each room. It was quiet in rooms. Pool had entertainment and the rec Center was good; they had an animal show!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The two-bedroom apartment was really spacious and comfortable. I loved that I was able to get a room near the marina and clubhouse because my family enjoyed the pools. Very nice and quiet place to stay.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

I booked this resort due to having a 4 year old and wanting to do The Buccaneer Bay water area as we did our last trip. We finally had a day that wasn't rainy and the park was closed due to construction. I was not made aware of this when checking in. To say I had a very disappointed little one that I'd hyped it for this trip. It would've been great if we were made aware before walking down there to be informed by the staff at Buccaneer Bay.

Location was perfect - close to restaurant and Disney World

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Paying extra for mini golf, adventure park with zip lining. $24.00 is a lot for one person. Have a heater on one of the pools. The speed boat wasn’t working to rent. Need more than one speed boat. The children’s water park was too cold for the children. Invest in an indoor pool and hot tub for when it rains.

Family oriented. Location was great. Multiple pools. Basketball, play ground, horse shoes, Bocca Ball, inflatable slides. Star Bucks coffee. Italian restaurant.

The rooms were very old and not worth the price charged. There was nothing close to the hotel, you needed to stay in a condo or villa to be near anything that would make the stay somewhat better. The food was awful and there was no free coffee provided in the hotel lobby or anywhere for that matter. I had to get in the car and drive to the starbucks (on property) and then pay for a cup of coffee. Basically, and to be fair, the room was worth about $55.00 per night at best.

Location was about all I could say was okay with this place.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

The shuttle service this year is terrible and leads me to not recommenced this property. Many of the things that are passable about the property were made up by the shuttle service, which in previous years was great. But this year the shuttles A/C didn't work on a majority of the buses we got, they switched to large size buses vs the smaller more comfortable tour size, for some reason 3/5 buses leaked from the lighting fixtures and made the seats soaking wet, the drivers often tapped the breaks like they were trying to make hydraulic effects, every single bus that came for pickup at night to return to the hotel were at least 10 minutes late (we didn't stick around after 30 minutes+), this year the bus routes went completely out of the way compared to the previous year and added an extra 30 minutes at least for time to get to and back form the parks. The shuttle service was the #1 reason I booked with this hotel in the past, and the lower staff agreed that the managements decisions to make the switch was poor. One mid level manager mentioned possibly refunding Uber fees we had when buses failed to arrive at a reasonable time but never heard back from them. The breakfast quality is no different from previous years but the staff in the morning do seem more eager to get everything put away even before it is supposed to close.

Room can be brought down to 69F, which isnt perfect but cold enough to need covers in the middle of the night.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

i am handicapped got a shower only was great except there were no safety bars and no shelves to put your soap shampoo etc. had to reach out to get these and put back not a good safety idea

resort has a little of everything to do. clean and beautiful

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

We were on the bottom floor & the guests on top of us were very noisy. You can here someone running across the floors early in the morning. Also they could use more modern upgrades

Nice location

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

The only complaint I have is the internet. The wifi is horrible. Our devices kept getting disconnected and when it would connect it was extremely slow.

Very nice, comfortable, and clean for a great price and the staff was friendly. It’s a great place to stay without paying thousands of dollars and they have lots of fun activities on the resort.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

I did not like the meeting that we had to go to. They said it would be an hour to an hour and a half but it was three and a half hours long. Once every 4 years to vacation here policy sucks.

I loved the style and the comfort of the room. It was very pleasant.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

There wasn't really anything I didn't like except the noise level and that was because there was always a lot of activity going on to maintain the property that large.

The friendliness of the front desk staff and maintenance was outstanding. The location was really good for us and amenities were very nice. Room supplies were beyond adequate. We enjoyed our 4 day stay.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

My children were bitten up by something in their room. Don't know if it was mites or bed bugs. We rented the "Luxury 2 bedroom". I felt that I needed to post this so that anyone traveling especially with kids could be aware. I'm including a few photos of the bites.

The resort looks good from afar but when you start to really looks at the facilities it needs lots of cleaning, paint, upgrading etc... The maintenance and workers at the resort are not polite and are not quick on responding if someone requests items needed or missing in the room.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The floors in my apartment was extremely dirty my grandkids feet were extremely dirty from walking on the floors they were black within a matter of minutes The Landing in the master room was dirty the pillowcases were not changed the kitchen floor was sticky has something waste on it in front of the refrigerator and in front of the counter and ask for linen for the sofa bed at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning and I didn't receive it had to call back Saturday afternoon and ask again then I received it

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The only thing I have to complain about is the wifi signal that is weak and I think it needs improvement

One of the best resorts I've ever stayed at. It has a magnificent structure with restaurant, bars, many swimming pools, lake with water sports. The apartments are first class. A lots of fun and Entertaining for the whole family.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

The breakfast offered was horrendous but everything else was perfect. Boost the quality of your breakfast because it’s the worst and cheapest rubbish I’ve ever encounted. But everything else; perfection

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

The pillows are uncomfortable. No fridge in room. The shuttles could have more time slots.

Beds were comfy. Friendly staff. Bar at pool. Shuttle to the parks.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

We were not given what we paid for. The property advertised is not what they give you.poor follow up from management they promised to sort it out but didn't.

The security of the place

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

Nothing! Looks just like most other motels. It’s not until you meet the staff and get into the rooms you see the diffference

What an absolute gem of a place, ultra clean, very very quiet and great friendly staff. It was wonderful. So much do that we’ve already booked our stay next week there!

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

The huge tax rates ,I wasn't awear of untill we checked in ,also needed a car as shuttles to park were soo long and nothing really in walking distance.

It was very clean every where

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

The only real complaint I may have is I thought there should be a cutting board in the kitchen

The one bedroom apartment I rented for the week was wonderful. There was so much space to put all your stuff away and not bump into each other unlike in a hotel room. My 83 yr old mother enjoyed sitting out on the balcony reading and getting some sun while I cooked dinner each night. The kitchen had almost everything I needed for cooking meals. Both the bed and couch were very comfortable to sleep on. The bathroom was huge and clean. We did not use the resorts facilities because we had an agenda and time line to follow, but I did drive around the resort and it is so beautiful. I can’t wait to come again.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

More shade on beach area (add some umbrellas).

Close to Disney, quiet, not too busy or overcrowded. Lots to do on resort (tennis, mini putt, basketball, shuffle board, etc). It was nice that we had our own pool area as well!

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Got persuaded to go to the owner seminar. Carlos was our guide and did a phenomenal job with everything. At the end we informed him we weren’t ready to purchase the timeshare and he was alright with it. His boss came over to make a last ditch effort and we told him we weren’t able to. We then had to do a “survey” about how good Carlos did. The individual that was doing this fake “survey” was extremely pushy and wouldn’t listen to us. Almost ruined our entire trip.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

We did not like that it was cashless, our AC was broken and we had to report it twice, we had towels for 4 people in a 6 person room, and a few times we called a shuttle and waited 15 minutes only to call again and be told no one had called for a shuttle. We also had difficulty getting a uber out to the location.

The rooms were well equipped and we enjoyed having the shuttle to the Disney parks and around the resort.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Me and the kids loved it. There was a lot to do and the staff were very friendly,courteous and always ready to help. Will be coming back for the next vacation.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Had to move 2 times. Chips all over room the first room then 2nd room had a smoke fogger can on floor, roaches scattered when turned on the bathroom light then the coffee maker had an in sense that wad burned in it ashes all over it. Roach came out when opened lid...called wyhdam as im a member.. front desk would only refund tax..

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

I didn't like that it took weeks for the hotel to get my belongs back to me that we left in the hotel. I'm very unhappy with that.....also it took me days to reach someone at the front desk because no one answered.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

The villa was much smaller than advertised. Most of the amenities that sold us on this location were separate fees which was not advertised when we booked it. There was 2 fake concierge that tricked us into a 3.5hr time share presentation for free pit-stop breakfast. Advertised as 45 minutes with free breakfast. They even talked my mother out of $300 which I made them give back. They don't offer something for small children so that parents can workout.

Security entrance made the area feel more safe. Concierge was friendly and quick to resolve issues within their ability.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

No fridge in room and styrofoam cups and plates for breakfast. Would love to see real cups and plates, but will settle for paper, which is so much better for the environment...

Very friendly staff and spacious rooms. Hear they are starting renovations of the rooms in May ‘18. Love the new gym.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

I wish there was a spa for the moms!!! Get a facial or massage done while I stayed.

I was extremely amazed with all the accommodations that were available for all the kids and myself! I liked that there were so many activities, bands movies karaoke etc!! I had an awesome stay with all my kids. I live that there were so many different pools to explore

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

There was nothing I didnt like about the property it was perfect , Although the coffee needs some work lol, everything else was absolutely AMAZING.

EVERYTHING , AND EVERYONE... IT WAS A GREAT STAY.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Dont change a single thing.

This was a dream vacation. The location was superb, and provided amazing access to Disney parks (the main focus of our trip). However, I could EASILY see myself skipping Disney next time just to take in the wonderful resort. The only thing better then the amenities was the staff. Every single person we met was joyful and super helpful!

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

when we checked in we were extremely tired and didn't take the time to read the cost since we had a detailed quote from booking.com .....next morning we discovered we had been charged way over the quoted price for 21 nights stay. We went to office and manager on duty said it was a system error as they were changing over and proceeded to correct it ....which he did to some extent ....when we checked out we were still overcharged by $113 CDN . ....we mentioned that and the desk clerk advised he would pass this on to have it examined closer and we will be refunded if their accounting is wrong . We had expected a whirlpool spa tub as advertised but it was just soaker tub. The outside hot tub had only half of the water jets bubbling and it was mentioned to staff but not repaired in the 3 weeks we spent there . The fold out couch is horrid to sit on....must be bargain brand ....cant imagine sleeping on it

the grounds around the resort are awesome....great for walking and scenery.....the cleaning staff were excellent .....the 1 bedroom condo suite is excellent for 2 people for an extended stay

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

The room furniture is little outdated in the CrownClub Inn. There’s no safe, no microwave or mini fridge either.

The resort had several pools that were available to use throughout the property and they offered transportation throughout if needed.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

Breakfast bog standard not very appetising not very much choice all polystyrene and plastic plates cutlery no good for the environment room needed updating and had no fridge or safe.

Room was big enough for us all was not really there just to sleep

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

The whole interior just looks tired. The white walls and doors in corridors and rooms are all marked up and dirty appearing. A coat of paint in a less sterile and boring color would add a lot to the overall appearance. The dresser in our room had seen better days. It’s scratched, chipped and looks like someone tried to make it look better by applying something dark in all of the scratches, but it didn’t work. Our room fridge was all rusty and the overall appearance of the room and bathroom was just rundown. For a company that keeps guests here to try to get them to purchase a time share, the overall first impression is not encouraging. If the hotel looks this shabby, what does the time share resort room look like?

Breakfast omelet was pretty decent.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

I was charged for services that I didn’t use. The zip line and other activities wasn’t available on most of the weekdays we were there and parking

Room size and view

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Cashless Property, Was not aware when purchased on booking that we had to sit through a presentation but they made it well worth it.

Clean, Relaxing, Tons of activities for my Daughter, onsite restaurants fpr easy dining.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

WiFi signal was a little weak

Everything in the resort was very very nice. One of the best resorts I ever stayed. A lot of pools, spas. Entertaining for the whole family and all ages.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

Nothing ... everything was first class and a free bus service to all the parks staff was great... breakfast was better than top hotel...

The bed was to die for and real pillows love them

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

Beautiful grounds, quick check in, although it’s a time share they were very nice when I refused the tour of the grounds. Hotel is a bit far from the parks but it was not so bad- far away from the craziness. Need to come back with more time to enjoy all they had to offer. You really don’t need to leave the property to have a nice time.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

We could not get any internet service unless I went up to check in where pool/beach area was or went to Publix which was very inconvenient for us. We had someone look at it but he couldn’t speak English good and said sometimes this happens when everyone is on it??? Odd!!!! Also we didn’t realize that everything to do was extra money!

That it was close to attractions. The staff was friendly. The rooms very clean!

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Disappointed room was not serviced. We stayed for 2 weeks, we were given clean towels after the first week but no one came in to clean or change bedding.

Lovely place, staff so helpful

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

We didn’t use the dinning at the resort because we spent all week at the parks but everything else was fantastic. The facility is clean with very professional staff and the suites are well kept with everything you need including a full kitchen and washer/dryer. There is off resort dinning very close by and it is within 10 minutes from the Disney experience.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

You could offer a package for the extra activities. Like water trampoline, mini golf and fun card combo at a discounted price to do all three. Just a thought. All was great.

There was lots to do and the facility was well organized.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

All food was served on plastic plates with plastic cutlery including breakfast. There wasn't a single restaurant on the site and our room had no cooking facilities not even a fridge. The Crown Club Inn where we stayed is a very poor relation to the rest of the resort. It was tired and old. The website said that the resort had been fully refurbished, this doesn't include the Inn. The hotel is more 2star nowhere near the 4 star it professes to be. The location isn't close to very much particularly if you don't have a car. We were more or less stuck on site for the entire week particularly as we didn't want to go to Disney.

The pools and facilities on the resort were good however it was at times hard to find sun beds.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The pressures of doing a tour even after declining.I was also woken early the next day to the pressure of a tour. I think after declining the first day they need to let their guest feel free to enjoy themselves however they please without worrying they will be pressured to do something they are not interested in.

Nice, clean and friendly environment. A great place for a family vacation. I would visit again.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

.Should not charge for beach blowup stuff , and paddle boats. no ones used. KIds loved Buchaneer bay but also expensive when it was only 3 activities., 30 second zip ride, 2 min Climb and 2min bunny jump. Did all in less an 30 min.

Great family facility. Housekeeping was excellent. Bonus was live music at coffee shop. Pools clean and chairs in good shape.All

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Only one thing that can be improved would be the shower head sprayer. I wasn’t able to change the spray settings

We had a wonderful vacation stay. The resort was excellent. Very clean.The staff very friendly and helpful. Great location away from the crowds. Kid friendly

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

The mattresses in the second bedroom were a little to hard for our granddaughters but the master was very comfortable.

The entire experience was fantastic. My wife and I had our daughter and our two granddaughters with us that are 22 and 25 years old. We enjoyed the pools, hot tubs tennis court and all were excellent. As an extra treat we cooked out on the very clean outdoor barbecue both nights. The resort staff that provided us with courtesy transportation were very accommodating and friendly. Checking in and out could've been easier and the conteriege briefing at check-in was very informative and appreciated. We've stayed here before a number of years ago and we had the same great experience. We will continue to stay at Summer Bay when we are in the area.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The Facility was set up to meet the needs of vacationers. A great place to stay as there were lots to do for young kids and teens. The rooms were very spacious as we stayed in a 2 bedroom with 7 people. An excellent place to spend an off day from the theme parks.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

We did not like the gentleman who took us on tour of the resort. He was pushy and rude once we told him for the 6th time we weren't interested and he blew us off after that.

This resort was awesome!! Lots of things for the kids to stay busy with.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 People)

We were there two weeks but never had the towels or bed linen changed . Although you could ask for more pool towels at reception

The staff were so helpful when we had a medical problem we could not ask for more. The whole resort was very clean and well cared for. It was a pleaure to be there very relaxing. We hired a car but there was really no need as they have plenty of shuttle buses to all the parks

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

I didn't like that you had pay to do certain activities. I feel that should've been included with the stay for the price you pay.

I liked that fact that it had everything on the property didn't have to leave to go to the store. My kids enjoyed the daily activities they had planned, the pool parties on to the Buccaneer Bay Rock climbing and Ziplining.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

The only thing that I can complain about is that I had to wait for very long time for assistance at the front desk - The staff at the front desk were very helpful and polite and did their best, but for some reason there was always enough staff chatting away at the desk across from the front desk. A little strange that there could be 3 people ( staff) chatting about theire weekend when there are 6-7 people waiting in line at the other desk. Also I missed not having a drying rack.

I was a bit nervous before our stay as I had come across a few reviews that we not that good. But I was pleasantly surprised as the hotel was clean and the swimming pools were a great fun for the whole family. The resort had so many great family friendly activities that you hardly have to leave. We came a large group together from the age of 3 - 70 and everyone loved it, we all agreed that we will be coming for a another stay as soon as we can.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

At both pool bar and grills they only had one bartender- it was completely understaffed And took way too long to order food or drinks The checkin and checkout was a nightmare The front desk girl “Cam” was very rude and Tried overcharging me for the room rate

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Our flight arrived early and we called ahead to see if we might be able to check in early and they said they should be able to accommodate us. When we got there at 9am we were told they will expedite cleaning our room and it shouldn't be long. A few hours went by and we didn't hear anything so we checked again and we were told they were cleaning our room as we speak. Again, hours went by and nothing. We finally got into our room at 5 pm which would have been ok if they had been honest with us to begin with. So we stuck around the resort with nothing to do until our room was ready. The staff was not helpful at all and the cleaning crew was a third party vendor so they had no interest in checking us in early. Luckily, as we were checking in another family warned us to lock our valuables because they had items stolen from their room. Additionally, our unit had a pull out sofa which was horribly uncomfortable; however, they did replace the sofa on the last night of our 8 day stay.

The amenities were plentiful; however, the added amenities (zip line, jet skis, etc.) were only available during certain days and hours.

• Standard Queen Hotel Room with Two Queen Beds at Crown Club Summer Bay

We thought that the TV system was a bit outdated.

Very clean and well equipped. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Noting was too much trouble. Shops nearby were very convenient.

• Luxury One-Bedroom Apartment (4 People)

Reception service needs to be improved. We arrived at 02.00 am, very tired after 17 hours of travel to get there. Check-in took more than 20 minutes, and so it did last time and every time before that, when we have visited Summer Bay Orlando. It should not take more than 2 to 3 minutes. You have all the information you need from the booking, so all you have to do is check our identity and credit card, and hand us the keys. It cannot be that difficult. I dont know if is the staff or the procedure that fails, but it need to be improved.

In general all the facilities are well kept and so is the landscaping.

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment (8 People)

Pillows were not great. They could have a variation of soft/medium/firm pillows. Couch was very uncomfortable.

Kitchen was stocked with everything that we needed. There were very clean BBQs right outside our patio door. The room supplied towels and pool towels. There was lots of activities for the kids. Rooms and resort was very clean.