Reviews of Sunstyle Suites 2 stars

#348 of 407 hotels in Orlando

6.2

6.2

• Standard Room

The place was very sketchy the security guard was also the guy who checked us in and he reeked of marijuana. A lot of sketchy people just hanging out around the building. One guy looked like a meth head and he was passed out on the balcony. Also Had strangers knocking on the door late at night. The place felt more like a crack house and very unsafe.

Absolutely nothing at all! Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at

• Standard Room

The outside seemed dangerous, and the neighborhood was very scary- not something I saw in any reviews online to know better. Lots of people smoking cigarettes and marijuana.

The room was very clean

• Standard Room

Our heater started on fire when we tried it so we froze all night instead. When we tried to find a blanket in the dresser, it was stuck and the handle broke off. Then the tv was so fuzzy, we couldn't even watch it. Worst of all, I felt like I was in a very unsafe place. There wasn't even someone to check in with, we had to find a security guard.

It was cheap.

• Standard Room

We specifically asked for a non smoking room and we received a smoky smoking room. The front desk was closed and the security guard checked us in. He said they gave our room to someone else. In the room ,the bed just had the sheets. No blanket,coverlet, bedspread... Nothing! The hotel is in a very bad area and walls of the room were paper thin.

The room was clean.

• Standard Room

I didn't like that fact that there were people roaming around at such time of the night and every second or so there was banging and knocking on my door. which i refuse to answer , the environment just felt unsafe.

• Standard Room

Felt like a apt complex . And there were a lot of homeless people that I hope the hotel gave rooms to if at night there were empty rooms

Room was spacious and clean

• Standard Room

Maid service only once in 3 days (was not in the room from morning til night while at work). Live roaches found everyday in bathroom and kitchen area. Saw 8 roaches in 3 days (kept having to kill them). Security guard hangs out with the local riftraft at the guard booth. Drug deals in parking lot. Just overall low class. I wasn't expecting a Hilton but wow this place is terrible.Rooms are reminiscent of a apt in the ghetto. Old furniture, half a** paint job on walls, and misc broken items in room. Bed is terrible too you can feel every spring and when sitting at the end of the bed you feel as though you're going to fall to the floor.

Not much... good wifi connection sheets looked clean

• Standard Room

Not feel like I'm staying at a project crackhouse. And it stunk

This hotel was a dirty slum. People hanging out sittinf around on curbs. Riding bicycles around. Room was ok. Hotel was sketchy

• Standard Room

I would not book this property, when we showed up they said we had no reservation and wouldn't offer us a room. This properties entry, the hotel/checkin office and the exterior of this hotel is not welcoming or clean and the staff was completely useless and unhelpful. It is also not located anywhere near the airport as it had stated.

• Standard Room

The indoor/outdoor carpet was dirty and threadbare. The bathroom was old and dingy in appearance. Yikes!!

The Linen appeared clean. There was a helpful security guard on property. How I Must Never stay there again. Advertisement very misleading. I checked out and went straight to the Marriott !!!

• Standard Room

The staff was absolutely awful and rude. The room itself was nasty and hadn't been clean , it had a awful smell as if something died there. I will never be going back.

• Standard Room

The wifi didn't connect on either of our phones but it was for one night so I can't really complain.

It had its own Kitchenette and it was very clean.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Room

Everything! They are renting rooms for people to live in! A lot of noise and people yelling and screaming at each other! Tried to call front desk to complain and no one would answer the phone!

Price

• Standard Room

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Unlike some comments the area did have several places to eat and shop just down the street. We walked to IHOP for breakfast. Short drive to the Florida Mall and to the convention center.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Room

The location was not in the best area,saw the police more than once Families living there, some of the people around the place made me uncomfortable.

The front desk folks said they couldn't see my reservation ...but letting me standing for a long time before they asked me if I needed any help....

Nothing ....and absolutely it's a total mess

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Standard Room

The man was very rude. Room smelt horrible. The door didn't lock all the way, i did not feel safe at all. Wouldn't recommended this hotel well more like ""motel" -!: and the pictures are a lie

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Shower is too small, and roaches crawling everywhere; the type of people that stay there. At 4am there were a couple fighting in there room and I could not sleep and then at 3am the security guard had to come break up another argument right outside my room door. My concern is my safety while staying there as well as my rest while I'm there.

Bed was very comfortable. Location; close to shops, food and gas stations.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Standard Room

Didn't even know where it was passed by it twice.. You can tell it's an extended stay children we're outside riding bikes and men we're outside upstairs cutting hair next door neighbor blasted music both nights of my stay called the front office the told me to call security and no one answered glad I wasn't being robbed lol.

Overall the room was clean has kitchen stove top and refrigerator great price the area just kinda sucks lol

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The location looked a little sketchy and te place from the outside looked rundown.

The room was clean and location pretty close to food and gas stations

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Standard Room

The outside of the hotel, when I first came to check in I wasn't too sure if this hotel was worth it because of how it looks in the outside.

I loved how the room smelled when I first walked in, the room was clean, I loved the bathroom, I felt very comfortable in here. The little kitchen I had in the room was nice. I think this is very good for it's price, although the location it's not to very good, this hotel is very nice.

The room what ready

Rooms were a little dated.

The staff was very friendly!

• Standard Room

Shady characters all around, Bad vibe, Strange smell in the room, eventhough the room was cleaned.

• Standard Room

WiFi. It would not connect AT ALL. On any device.

Bed was nice and it came with extra pillow and blanket like I asked. First place to get it right.

Everything was great!

Customer service

The place was very clean, We loved the king size bed...

• Standard Room

Tv kept having problem and closed captioned not working Found few bugs in shower room

• Standard Room

It looks as if the owners are working hard to improve this property.

I liked that the place was clean, clean, clean.

• Standard Room

Staff was rude for no reason and gave me a hard time.

Room was good for the price.

• Standard Room

Cockroaches everywhere in the room. Very strong odor of Lysol & bug bombs.

Price

Nothing to said

The service

Roaches

The price and the layout of the room

D

Bed hard, no exhaust fan in bathroom ,towels we're small, ac did not work very welll

Roaches everywhere

No clean place

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Room

It Is an older property, and is somewhat rundown, but I expected that with the price. It was what it was.

Everything wonz good

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Bed was too soft

Excellent for the price. Surprisingly clean and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Standard Room

Good

The room clean

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Everything!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Scary location

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Standard Room

Me and my wife think the room is awesome. And staff members are very professional and about business. And I can respect that thanks sun style😎

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

It was good.

Room was clean and comfortable, area was quiet, staff pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Room

Both the wall and the floor seem to be very thin, we heard when the neighbors walked and talked.

The kitchen, very convenient .

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

- staff was not friendly; quite straight to the point - beds were realliy bad - a lot of awkward people around the facility

The iHop that was down the road.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Seen many ppl check in & not once did the staff inform them of the no smoking policy. As soon as I get to the counter he felt the "need" to "inform" me of the policy, and wasnt even the person checking me in. Crazy. Will most likely never book here again. Also this seems to be a place providing living arrangements for some people & using other rooms for hotel stay. Room WREAKED of cleaning supplies, too strong to take so we didnt even sleep in the room. Money well wasted.

Bathrooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Hotel is in a bad part of town not easy to find double charged my card if u dont get there befor office closes its really hard to check in are room keys didnt even work

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

The bed was hard, the furniture scuffed, the rug torn, and a noticeable gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. The location is bad enough that there is a fence all around the property with razor wire at the top, and a "guard" at a dilapidated guard house at the entrance to the parking lot. I was glad to only be there 2 nights and would only go back if there was nothing else available.

It was very clean, with a small fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishware and utensils. Plenty of fluffy pillows and towels. There was a grocery store down the road that was a convenient place to shop for meals and snacks.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

The WiFi was awful, I gave up using it after some time! Only one blanket in the room.

It had Shampoo, toothpaste, soap and enough towels. It also had a small kitchen which can be really useful. The bed was comfortable. A gas station and a KFC was very close to get basic food and stuff. The room was comfortable overall.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Rooms could've been newer but for the money it was what is expected. Parking areas seemed sketchy.

Room was clean, shower water pressure was excellent. Close to lots of restaurants and most landmarks.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Everything was amazing! We are really happy with our stay. The room and kitchen had everything we needed. They had cameras everywhere so we felt SAFE. It was close with car to Universal Studios, outlet and restaurants. We will definitely come back and recommend this hotel/motel to everyone for sure!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

- Safety: some mentioned that the place is in a 'shady neighborhood'. I absolutely agree with this, the fact that there is a security officer at the gate says it all for me. Being said that, I did not feel unsafe inside the hotel, it’s just that I would not have walked around. - Front desk: this is an 'extended stay hotel'. The front desk is not open 24-7, so take note of that if that is a must for you. - WiFi: free WiFi, however the signal was not great. I stayed at the 3rd floor and sometimes I had to go near the door to get some decent signal.

- Cleanliness: the place looked sufficiently clean for me. In my case I did not see roaches, I asked for a non-smoking room and it smelled just fine. - Proximity to parks: it was a 20 min drive to Walt Disney resort and/or Universal. 20 mins its not a big deal for me. - Kitchen: worked for me. I did not use the stove but the fact that there was a fridge, and dishware worked like a charm.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

There are ew things I do not tolerate, two of them are cockroaches and missing reservations. I saw a big cockroach outside my room (not in the room, but very near. When I arrived they could not find my reservation. Despite me having a printed copy with me they insisted that I call booking.com and ask them to resend the fax reservation. This happened at 11 p.m. also the price was $1 higher because the service fee stated on booking.com increased. 1$ Is not the world but it definitely decreases trust

Good location (close to Disneyworld and Universal) good price. Aside from the issue with the reservation the staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

The hotel needs to be renewed. The furniture was old, the alarm clock radio was not working, one table lamp did not have the shade and the bed did not have a blanket. Was also a lot of people noise during the night.

The only good thinks about the hotel were the internet connection and the proximity to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2015

They charged 3$ more espensive than confirmed price with facility reason. It not a big deal but made me confused!!!

I love the way they set up all the things in the room like sweet home. So comfortable!!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The worst room ever seen. Horrible smell, we couldn't breathe. Humidity everywhere, all was wet. The bed and mattress were so wet that we had to sleep on the blanket. I had to close all my luggage, otherwise I would have found all my clothes wet in the morning. My shoes were wet. All cause of the humidity. We would have change the room, but the reception was closed early in the night. It was also closed at 9 A.M. so we didn't know how to do check out. I think that the clerk guy gave us the worst room of the whole structure, that one nobody wants, because it was evening when we arrived, and a bit later he had to close the reception. Moreover the location was so bad, we felt unsafe. They would have to refund me my money!!!!

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Location, Location, Location. In a bad area of Orlando (OBT), people walking on street very questionable.

Small room with ktichen, it was clean and did not smell bad.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

the location was horrible. the room was horrible. didn't like anything about this place. I was scared to go to my car a night. Stains all over bathroom wall

Staff was ok

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

The location was less than ideal; it didnt make me feel safe. The front office was closed when I arrived, so I checked in in a side room. They didnt have my reservation and we had to have booking.com fax it over.

The security guard was friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The room smell like mold, the bed was uncomfortable .

The price but I saw why the price was cheap I was not pleased with the room at all and the TV was lousy .

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Filthy, nasty, dirty room. Lots of permanent residents in this place that hang around in the courtyard and make noise late at night. No pool.

It looks like the owners are on the right track remodeling this place, but they have a long way to go

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Out- dated televisions they are small and not good pictures, very very old....and for some reason I can never stay in the front of the bldg and there nicer rooms up front. Security says those rooms are for Extended Stay..why? I'am a paying guest!!!

Rooms are clean, like having a kitchen

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

drug area little parking and most of all a curfew no one comes in after 10:00 pm and if they came in before 10:00 they have to leave by 10:00 pm this hotel is a place for people to live in not a hotel they lied and false advertise if you needed help they close office early so you can't get none till morning. Never again never!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

I'm not a high maintenance person, so the dinky amenities and peeling wall paint didn't bother me much- i wasn't in a hurry either, so the fact that my room key didnt work for the first 30 min didn't upset me, however the smell of mildew/mold that constantly lingered would be my biggest complaint. Granted, i paid 50 bucks a night.

The convenience of having a kitchen for the price i paid was unmatched by all other hotels in the area.. which is 50% of the reason i chose Sunstyle. Worth noting: The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Door lock broken. Security let me in and maint was quick. Strong smell of cleaner. Bed not most comfortable, but not bad... Very soft

Quick last minute booking on line. Security at parking lot. Maintenance quick response

• Reviewed: 14 March 2015

I didn't like the area very much. However it was close to where I needed to go.

I liked the cleanliness and fresh smell of the room. The little kitchen was perfect for people who stay for more than one night. Its located next to lots of restaurant s and stores. The staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2015

Not bad but could be better wifi. But acceptable

I like the mini kitchen. Basic equipment very usefull for home made breakfast so we can go out. Room was clean

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

1. The hotel look suspect. 2. It smelled like urine. 3. My boyfriend and I felt unsafe do to the activities around the hotel. But could not get another hotel due to valentine weekend.

The only thing i like about this place was the bed other than that this place was terrible.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2015

Asked for a non-smoking room - but it still smelled like smoke, especially in the morning the smell of smoke was very strong in the bathroom and traveled through the vents. There was mold in the bathroom. Everything was old. We went through the security gate as the man was busy talking to someone else - this did not feel like a secure location. I definitely would not travel as a single woman or take children to this place. It was a sketchy crowd. We arrived after dark and a staff member took us into a dirty and messy conference room to check us in, it seemed a little scary. In the morning there was a lot of noise from the room next door. I would not recommend staying here except for the price.

The bed was comfortable, decent location close to where we wanted to be, kitchen facilities if you would use them, and linens were clean, free toiletries.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2015

The wifi was horrible, so don't expect to spend any time with that. The staff were very helpful until I needed to print something. They seemed to lose interest and just forgot about us.

The best part was the stay

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

The stay was very comfortable with the amenities provided. Location is excellent within few miles of Universal and walking distance to convenience stores and even big retail stores and eateries. The facility is secure with a security guard at the gates. We left without taking our jackets from the closet. The manager was kind enough to ship them back to us. The staff was friendly. It was a very good value for money at the peak of the visitor season

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

I checked in put my luggage and went out, I did not clearly inspect the room. Next day I found the room has lots of roaches around my baby food. I asked to change the room and they gave me a new room.. Floors were wet and dirty. I had to wash all my cloth and through all food after I arrived my home just in case any roach was still in my bag. My advice is ...... Look for another place.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

Location was on busiest highway in Orlando which made it dangerous to get into and out of. Also neighborhood required full time security and still didn't feel safe.

Price.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Bed was nice. Also hbo

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.