Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Atlanta Downtown 3 stars

111 Cone Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA

#180 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No. 1: NO NATIONAL FOX NEWS CHANNEL! I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. Freshly scrambled or fried eggs. Clean up staff never left me any Regular Coffee elements until I the last day!

Room was cleaned up well every day. Excellent. Reception staff excellent!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was a bit small. I was glad I was staying alone. The bathroom would be difficult for a tall person, especially if sitting on the toilet.

Free breakfast includes a pancake machine, as well as fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads, sausage, etc. Very friendly staff. Good wi-fi connection. Could not hear noise from street.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first impression of the registration area was not very good, and I was concerned that maybe I had made a bad choice of hotels.

The sleeping room and bath were comfortable. I was a little hesitant to sit on the couch...there were a few places where it appeared food or drink was spilled.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet seat was broken, bathroom door wouldn’t close. Staff were wonderful, great valet guys, they were quick and attentive! $30 parking fee. Great location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room cards lose info if next to a phone so I had to use something else to carry them around. (I use a phone case wallet)

Bed was nice and room was clean. Great location. Water pressure and temperature was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To mush waste by using one time plates, and cutlery, instead of dishable cutlery and porcelin. This is not eco friendly and against my own values, please adopt a more eco friendly solution...

24 hour service and security on site

• Room Selected at Check-In

Small room and bathroom, with limited storage space for luggage.

Great location within walking distance of many places. Friendly and helpful staff at the front desk

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We only had a couple issues. Our room didn’t have a very pleasant smell upon arriving and we didn’t realize our tv didn’t work until 1am that evening and they sent a security guard up to check it out which was kind of confusing.

It was very close to everything we’re were doing for the evening. The front desk during the day was very pleasant and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish I could have stayed longer.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I tipped the valet $20 for their exceptional service. Breakfast was more than a continental. I will be back and recommend family and friends.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous from the day I checked in until the day I checked out. Everyone greeted me with a smile. The Valet learned my name and greeted me by name every day. The ladies in the kitchen were cheerful. All in all: it was a Great stay!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty when we checked in. We found a candy wrapper shoved behind the desk and a dog nail on the floor next to one of the beds. The staff could not figure out how to split the valet costs between the two of us that were staying in the room. They did eventually comp one car bc they couldn’t figure it out. One night we were trying to find silverware to use with dinner that we ordered in, and the staff at the front desk told us to go look in the kitchen rather than helping us by going themselves. We eventually went into the kitchen by ourselves to find forks. How ridiculous. The floor we stayed out smelled like weed the whole weekend and there were multiple rooms that looked like the doors had been kicked in. There were no locks or doorknobs. Very unnerving.

There was one front desk agent that seemed to really care about the guests.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was short for me, but the pillows and mattress were comfortable.

The staff are helpful and kind. The location of the hotel was within easy walking distance to the park and Georgia World Congress Center. The breakfast was tasty and had plenty of options.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room: unexpectedly small. Bathroom is like a closet. Walls are very thin. Can hear EVERYTHING in hall and neighbouring rooms. Heater/air con is loud and noisy, but no air circulation without it, so better to keep it on. Service: beds not made and room not cleaned one day. Next day, room cleaned well, but hairs of another person left in bathtub, and linen left on TV table, placed there by staff

Breakfast: ok. Good that different options were provided Staff: depends on who you get. Checkout staff friendly and efficient Bed: comfortable Location: super

• Executive One-Bedroom - Non Smoking

The room we had booked was not ready when we was ready to check in. And the breakfast was not very good. The room was very small and so was the bathroom.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean

• Room Selected at Check-In

No ability to get fresh air. Poor quality of the A/C unit; No space to use the desk and the chair - room too small for it.

All employees were super friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property needs some updating with decor, but they are currently working on that.

The staff was helpful & friendly. The room was very clean, & the beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very small rooms. Outlet didn't have a cover. Bathroom was tiny. Place was undergoing renovations. Could hear everything from the next room.

Location to the venue & price point.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The check in process was horrible, the guy took my money and never welcomed me or family. I asked about the area and he told me to get a map. I was booked in the wrong room. I didn’t have wash cloths for the bathroom. Had to ask for bedding for the second bed and washcloths. The phone didn’t work in the room.

nothing and will never go back

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to wait 10-15 minutes for the valet to retrieve our car in the morning. There was no line, the attendant was nowhere to be seen and the morning desk manager wasn't responsive.

The room was ready when we arrived. The hotel was clean, the location was very good for us. The staff was helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

You had to pay to valet park your car. When checking out I was questioned if it was really my car because of their mix up. I had one number and the number on my keys were different and they didn’t believe it was my car. Had to show the registration and my license.

It was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I left a pair of expensive flat irons in the bathroom by mistake. I checked out Monday evening (Feb 26). I called back there everyday that week asking if the house keeper turned the flat iron in & no one could give me an answer. I was told that the lady over housekeeping would return my call every time i called & she never did. I know for a fact that the lady who came into the room took my flat iron. Before i could grab all my belongings out the room she unlocked the door & came in the room so she could clean up so i was hurrying to get my things together so i could get out her way & that’s when i left my flat irons by mistake. Everyday i called i talked to someone different & i was told the same lie about no one turned anything in. Also they didn’t put me in the room i had reserved online either was another thing i didn’t like. I won’t be staying there ever again after the experience i had there. The staff wasn’t any help to me at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was OK but the pillows were way too soft. When you lay your head on the pillow, it nearly suffocated you. The eggs were not completely cooked and the biscuits were hard as a brick.

The staff was very very friendly and super helpful. Very great staff. 10 stars for the staff.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I loved how we were able to wake up to complimentary breakfast. The hotel was in a perfect location. We were staying for a concert and the venue (The Tabernacle) was right up the street. Everything was walking distance, we literally parked our car and didn't need it our whole stay (3 days). The staff was super friendly even when they had their hands tied. The room was clean when we first arrived and the beds were comfy. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I would most definitely stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

tv remote did not work and could not change channels on the tv either had to call twice to get someone to come and fix. The room would not ever cool down so it was not a comfortable at night sleeping. Have Stayed a couple of times here with no problems. I thinks it was just a bad room this time around

Close to everything downtown, could walk to everything we were there for NBA Game, the Georgia Aquarium, and downtown Restaurants

Vending machines on the floors were out of supplies, the coffee and cocoa on the open area (floor M)was also short stocked on occasion. View from the window included the roof.

Staff were very friendly and helpful; Free WiFi; continental breakfast/ hours of availability; security of the building was good, and the location within walking distance to attractions was ideal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My husband and I are tall people and the double queen room we stayed in had very little room to walk around as well as the bathroom was very tight. Other than that it was nice and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the small rooms, the small bathrooms and that breakfast wasn’t served until 7am. I won’t choose the property in the future.

The bed and that the front desk quickly moved us after calling about the loud individuals next door.

I reserved a queen room months ago and they had no rooms with queen beds when we arrived.

They lowered the price after they gave our room away to someone else.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Light bulbs missing. Bathroom sink drain didn’t work. Tub drain didn’t work. And a large roach ran across the bathroom sink..Yuck! All could have been better!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was just basic. It is a backpacker’s joint. Nothing special to speak about.

The bed was comfortable the location of the property was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small rooms, no pool, took a security deposit out off my card without me knowing about it. Took too long to give you your money back for any refunds. Price too high for rooms. Only could get snacks if you are a members.

The breakfast was exellence. Staff were very nice. Clean room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loud in lobby and breakfast area, which is, I guess, expected. Elevators seem old, and although it was clean, when using the tub, there was some kinds of a bad smell

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Size of room for the price was miserable. As well as having a broken elevator which we heard numerous times break and have people stuck on it

Location distance to the falcons stadium was lovely, and breakfast was top notch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room rate was increased upon my arrival at the hotel vs. the rate I signed up (locked in at) via "Booking.com", your website. Therefore, overall I paid more for my hotel stay vs I was quoted by "Booking.com". How and why did this occur??

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet in our room was gross. It was very sticky and dirty, we had to purchase flip flops to use in room. The bathroom was not thoroughly clean, we had to sanitize the toilet and sink as well as the shower.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was on a business trip and shared the room with a colleague. I had confirmed that splitting the bill was possible when I checked in, however, they charged the full amount to the card holding the reservation anyway. They then told me at check out that splitting the bill was no longer possible. This experience was quite frustrating because the staff not only ignored my original request but then were unable to figure out how to split the room. I had to argue just to get a receipt of the charge.

Room was comfortable and location was good. Very near to MARTA station and in downtown. Wifi okay. Beds soft and comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stay was awful. This is not a safe place. We have to pay for valet parking and we were told that our vehicles are placed in a locked parking area. Obviously this is not true. Three cars were vandalized. Windows were broken and property stolen. Police officer was puzzled because vehicles were moved before he and owners got there. site hotel manager appeared to be hiding details. .

nothing...air conditioner in room was not good.... circulation was awful and room was hot. manager refused to make any accommodations. She promised that r supervisor would call but that was just a put off.

• Executive One-Bedroom - Non Smoking

Constantly had trouble with our room key working. Cable didn't work for the first 4 days. Front desk staff was rarely friendly. Maybe 1 of the front staff was friendly and seemed to care about her job. The others mumbled and seemed as though you were interrupting their day to get them to help you ( re-key your room, answer questions, etc). On the 4th day it was discovered that room door wasn't actually locking, so you didn't even need a key to enter my room, just push hard enough and it opens wide up for anyone to come in. They did switch us rooms to a little bit of an upgraded room. Which had working cable and the door locked. The price for parking (valet) was the only option and was overpriced. If you are a hotel downtown, it should be understood that majority of people staying there will have cars and there should be parking for the hotel. If we ever come back to Atlanta, we would NOT stay at this hotel again.

The breakfast serving staff was always upbeat and friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I had to receive a few packages and they used to leave the boxes in my room and before I leave I asked them directly to reject any packages that would come to me so I can direct them to another address and I have sent an email to their management and they ignored me and I think the staff stole the packages as I got an email from the shops I baught my things from confirming that the hotel have received my packages after I left the hotel

It was close to the convention center and the bed and tv were good

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It turned out to be a poor choice. It is the worst Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in. The room was smaller than a college dorm room. Bathroom size was small. Bad choice for a couple.

Not Much. Breakfast was good, but the service times do not match guest travel times. Needs to start earlier.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast had a nice variety. location to downtown attractions were close by. We arrived late 9pm on a weekday and there weren't too many restaurants opened in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Star ratings do not convey the full picture. For a 4 star rating, it was overrated. I think typically a 3 star. Breakfast was very simple, small dining area and paper cups and disposable plates!!!

It was downtown Atlanta

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was in Atlanta for one night for a concert. The location was amazing because it was literally a 2 minute walk from the venue. Check in and check out were both easy and quick. Would stay here again for a short trip.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

Staff was absolutely horrible. Most rude, disrespectful staff. Keep in mind the rate that you see when you book the hotel will actually be more because of their incidental fee they don't tell you about until you get to the property.

Great location, room was very nice

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

Gym not clean. Variable customer service which always seemed to be worse in evenings/night

Able to check in early. Fast check out. Polite staff. Valet parking.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was bit overpriced but not so much to keep us from coming back......

The staff were SUPER nice!!!! They were very accommodating & someone was cleaning ALL the time somewhere!!!! Rooms were small but very clean & comfortable. Breakfast was nice.... Admitting the facility is a bit older but the location is great as we were easily able to walk to Phillips. We usually stay at the Omni just for the convenience as we are there for a concert of some sort. We def stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It reaked of smoke on our floor and the windows had an adhesive covering on them so you could not see outside. So strange. This hotel worked for one night, but for 200 dollars it was not worth it. Spend more at a different hotel in the same area.

The rooms were clean and the bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that I booked this room because of free parking then ended up paying 32 for parking a night.. the man at the front was trying to charge my card and my friends card for 236.00 when my booking total specifically said 155.00 I was embarrassed standing there not knowing what to do or where to go it was almost midnight and I just traveled from Delaware and wanted to sleep.. he refused to take my cash. He had no empathy didn't say sorry. I'm disappointed.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Breakfast was not good - only unhealthy breakfast options available (not enough fruit, whole wheat options, sugar-free options).

Rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. Staff was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the size of the room, nor did I like how they kept the propert unclean. The elevators were slow and halfway working.

I enjoyed how close it was to the attractions downtown. Also that it had a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst room location for price. Also ask if I could checkout a day early in advance without penalty was told yes and told what day. I checked out turn key and spoke with girl. Then they charged me for the night. Would not refund. Never stay there again

$25 charge per day for Parking

Great location for sporting events and anything downtown Atlanta. Good price compared to other hotels in immediate area. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, direct tv in room.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking, clogged tub, water stains on ceiling, uncomfortable sofa and having to slam the door in order for it to close. For the rates of the rooms, I expected more.

I liked the location

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was located in a very narrow space -- it made it difficult to get in and out easily.

The location was convenient to the meeting facility as well as travel options such as the MARTA and the Atlanta Streetcar.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tiny rooms. The thing I disliked the most was that I could hear my neighbor's conversations and their tv. Affected my rest at night. Don't think my neighbors were being loudm walls are just too thin.

Clean comfy bed. Breakfast Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room and bathroom way too tiny, felt like I was back on a cruiseship....we never did know where our car was parked the entire time we were there. Also noted the majority of the staff were constantly on their cellphones the whole time we were trying to interact with them.

pillows nice and fluffy, clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The coffee at breakfast could be improved.

Large room, quiet room, good breakfast options (hot + cold foods), friendly staff, walkable location (but also close to MARTA stations)

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small and felt cramped; the window was not a real window. About 4:30am heard someone taking a shower next door, but it didn't appear to be a guest room next door, but were told at the desk that the room has showers in it and no one should have been in there. It was too crowded at breakfast in the kitchenette area to get adequate food.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff argued with me when I asked him what was taking so long to check in. We waited 30 minutes just to check into our hotel room with only 3 people in front of us. He kept coming up with excuses as to why it took so long instead of just saying I apologize.

The room was small but fit our needs. The beds were extremely comfortable and pillows were amazing.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had little space to move around. No lighting inside at door. It was quite dark. Placement of towel rack in front of sink was awful, especially with the sink set back. The room was very warm for a day in the 90s. The AC was set quite high.

Breakfast was really good. Room was clean. Staff friendly. Loved the pillows. Would come back for a stay.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The doors in other guest's rooms were slammed in am, but knew it was time for breakfast. Called front desk to tell me how to open sink stopper at 11pm. Said all workers gone home, but they could have told me how to open new-tangled sink stopper. .(.just push on it and it pops up again) is all info I needed to hear.

I liked the room. It was clean and fairly roomy. The bed was had nice sheets and pillows. The bed was a little too firm for me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The $36/day overnight parking charge in addition to the room rate. If I'm staying at the hotel, I should get a pass to the adjacent parking garage.

Location and distance to Philips Arena

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not prepared for the street noise, offering ear plugs to your guests may be helpful.

Breakfast variety was good, clean environment. Tai the valet guy was very friendly and helful, always had a smile on his face.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The lobby was crowed and the portable fans were running. I wished they would have told us that valet parking was mandatory.

The room was spacious and I liked that.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Executive One-Bedroom - Non Smoking

The bathroom, though renovated, was extremely small - almost no counter space. The bedroom area was small with only the bed and nightstands - no place to put anything else. Elevators are slow.

The bed, pillows, and towels were exceptional

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Morning staff was not friendly at all!!!!!!

Room was awesome; clean, comfy bed with lots of fluffy pillows. I loved the extra towels and the fridge in the room allowed me to store my drinks.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is no guest-laundry facilities. The valet service fee is a bit high. The breakfast room is often crowded.

The location is perfect fort all main attractions in downtown Atlanta. The room is comfortable and clean. The microwave, coffee machine, and refrigerator in the room are a good touch. The breakfast is good quality. All staff are friendly. The valet service is very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude, room was too small for the money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room, bathroom, elevator were all a bit cramped

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevators are really small. Room was really small.

Staff was nice. Rooms were clean. Hotel looked well maintained.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could be available 30 minutes longer.

The bed was fluffy, everything was clean.

expensive

food

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room had awful smell, very humid, sofa disgusting, etc.

Staff was rude and room had hair every8

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room and the bathroom was small. But I liked the decor.

The bed was comfortable.