Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Brooklyn Center/MPLS 2 stars

5.6

5.5

6.1

• Double Room - Smoking

I didn't get a smoking room on my last stay, it sucked. Every time I wanted to smoke, I had had to go outside which took away some of my comfort.

The friendliness and professional handling 0f business by everyone of the frontdesk people that I have met, have been very satisfactory. I love them all.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything,If I didn't had my family with me ,I would have cancel everything and came home the same day.

No one give me any breakfast or told me about it.the bed sheets were dirty,we didn't have enough towels in the rooms.my second room which was 24 was next to the laundry room the staffs came in at 5Am or so talking so loud knocking the doors so loud.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very very small. People hanging out in hallways and a lady in her car outside out room window all night. People yelling and screaming outside our room. Felt VERY unsafe. Did not leave the room once with my 4 month old. Will never be staying here again.

The staff were friendly.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

At check in a new employee was being trained and the supervisor was rude to him and a bit mean in my opinion. He treated him very disrespectfully in my presence. There was horrible arguing in the room next to me and I called the front desk twice and it wasn't until 4:30 am until the noise stopped. Absolutely unacceptable. I will not stay there again

comfortable

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very hard, uncomfortable for me personally. Bathroom toilet base was very dirty, needed to be cleaned. Carpets stained and needed to be vacuumed more thoroughly.

Staff was very nice. Location was good for my needs. I didn't eat breakfast but everything looked good. Appeared very clean in the dining area.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

No cable no microwave No light in the room in was to nervous to ask for one (light bulb)because the front desk was so rude😢😢😢

How we asked for pillows in got more😀

• Queen Room - Smoking

I was not pleased with the facility. The price they have for the rooms, the rooms should be in better shape. The beds are super uncomfortable. They serve a continental breakfast and had cereal but no milk! They should not start the construction until after checkout! Horrible experience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

People were fighting every night and me or my baby could sleep. People kicking doors/ slamming doors/ fighting.. All i need was sleep i was moving out of my home and just needed SLEEP...

The motel was ok. Didn't get any sleep with people fighting every night.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Almost everything. Trash all over outside on the grass and in the parking lot. Someone was smoking marijuana in their room and it stunk in the hallway. Advertising remodeled rooms, new carpet and paint isn't remodeling, furniture was old and fridge was tiny and very old. 1st room heat didn't work, 2nd room was too hot. Finally got it comfortable. Only stayed because very tired and it was late. Never again. Smoke detectors missing in both rooms. Looked like a crack house.

Price but now I know why.

• Double Room - Smoking

The bathroom was disgusting it should have been cleaner.there was a bar of soap from a previous person that had the room there is pubic hairs everywhere it was gross

The staff is always awesome

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

People slammed doors and argued all night. Bathroom was filthy.

It was horrible. Very loud all night. Women approached my husband in the hallway asking for weed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cockroaches, prostitution, drugs. Deplorable rooms. Stunk bad, nothing worked. Got up to check out with cops coming through front lobby due to prostitution.

It is what it was

• Double Room - Smoking

Parking was scarce/limited by the time I arrived.

I arrived late and left early. It was a place to sleep and shower for a morning mtg so I didn't have to drive into the city during morning rush hour as I live 50 miles away from the Twin Cities.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Everything.....Dirty,old,people yelling and in and out all night long,back doors were broken,NO security etc.Do not bring children here.

Easy to get to

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sink had a hole in it so the water would go on the floor an the dryer connected to the wall was detached with screws an holes in the wall the front desk told me 5 percent off cause its no big deal I want a refund

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The building is getting older and could use a face lift. There was also a lot of questionable people staying there. Felt like I could have been in the middle of a drug bust down in the lobby area. Just didn't make feel comfortable.

Free breakfast was nice but the food tasted a little old or stale. I also thought that $101 is too much for what we received.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't know I have to deposit $50 for the property, and the staff told to me do $50 deposit. Door is broken and everything look dirty. The hallway smell very bad.

The area did not inspire comfort, as well as the fact that the non-smoking area smelled like smoke. Additionally, the promised breakfast was very poor.

It was a very convenient location for a decent price.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were flat I woke up with a crook in my neck even after folding them over

The extended check in time me and my partner needed a place to crash after a party and this was perfect we were able to check in at 10 pm but staff was ready and able to accept our resavation

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Old and very worn. Halls and room needed vacuuming and litter in the halls needed to be picked up. Spills and handprints on the carpet and furniture were disgusting, we didn't want to touch anything. Incredibly, they required a "damage deposit" at check-in, which we are still waiting for reimbursement. Very disappointed all around with stay. Recommend considering your options.

Nice TV.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hallway carpet needed a good cleaning

Close to event we were attending. Close to Denny's so we didn't have to locate a cafe. Reasonable rate!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything the room slept like must, bed horrible, windows don't lock, entry doors to facilities didn't lock so anyone could walk in at anytime, tub had modes and mold and all my stuff smelt horrible after we left!

They were available at last min

• Queen Room - Smoking

The air conditioning wasn't working, the remote for the tv didn't work, no microwave or refrigerator for how the rooms are priced a little high priced for wat is or isn't offered. Not a well kept property.

Not much..

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby and halls are very dirty and smell like cigarettes. One of the beds were broken so we used the other one and when I told them about it in the morning they were not happy with me. They said I should have told them about when we first noticed it and now they assumed that we had broken the bed.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was not clean, entire first floor smelled like cigarette smoke, despite hotel nonsmoking status. Left a day early, and were told no refund. Front desk staff was foreign and not presentable, unshaven, etc.

Best I can say it was close to the freeway exit

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was not told the time of breakfast.People knocking on the door at 2:30 in the morning, hearing others having sex,carpets in hell and room gross, liked like they need a deep cleaning.not friendly at all. Front desk guy was very slow at checking in.

Nothing it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!!!!! Will never stay there or any Super 8 again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty I found a bloody towel next to the bed. The bathroom was nasty. I went to the front desk and all they could say was I'm sorry. They said they couldn't do anything else but if i book another night they would give me 5% off the room. I said I would never rent here again. I would not give this place even a rating of -001

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed (mattress) was horrible, shower didn't work well (with shower function on, at least half the water still came out of the faucet), A/C worked but was incredibly loud. My main complaint was the location. I arrived around 11:00 PM and am unfamiliar with the area. Got lost and spent 20 minutes driving around trying to find the property. They need to provide an access map.

For the area, relatively inexpensive. Was traveling alone so only needed the basics--which is what I got.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

didn't like how it smelt of smoke right out side my room door. the front desk clerk wasn't happy at all.

room and bed were comfy as was the bed.

• Double Room - Smoking

The front desk was rude and it took over an hour to get checked in. It smelled trouble. There was prostitute's working the parking a lot. I would never stay there again.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The walls are to thin and people outside the windows arguing until one in the morning. No hot water for the shower, not enough towels and refrigerators on the floor and to dark and drab of a room. Not very well handicapped either the bathroom door swings the wrong way.

I didn't eat there and didn't smell eggs. The bed was not soft it was to lumpy and the comforters.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a security deposit which nearly doubled the cost of the room. Supposed to be returned after they look at the room. I barely touched anything in the room other than the bed,remote to the tv and toiletries.

Liked all but one thing. Staff was pretty great.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

I didn't like how the staff member was taken people $50 deposit for something they didn't do it was like they were stealing

The staff members need to do a better job working with the customers because they think they always right but in business the customer is

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room - Smoking

Some person staying in a room kept slamming door a few times and again in morning. We were trying to sleep and then heard vacuuming and talking in hallway from cleaning crew. One our way to checking out we saw they clean the rooms with doors open I am sure for safety which I get its just loud when you are sleeping. The bed was alright it was shaped funny and squeaked when i rolled over a bit.still would stay again but would be nice to receive a free night stay.

Clean motel and room had cable tv and good price.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double Room - Smoking

Apparently there was some rule about only having a visitors in your room until midnight but they didn't tell us that when we checked in, instead they sent security up to kick our guests out of our room. The room smelt and when we asked for an extra key for our room the front desk had an attitude.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Other locations are better. Did not like the $100 deductible/deposit when I already have a reservation. Plus website did not indicate such deposits.

Could be better!!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place was in need of some TLC inside and out. I'm normally pretty forgving but I felt it was not worth 100+/night. Fighting couple in room above us was annoying. Breakfast area needed new waffle maker-handles were jerry-rigged but still loose. Batter was too thick and difficult to pour. Gal restocking during breakfast had filled the trash with boxes etc so no room to dispose of our plates and utensils. Restocking during peak breakfast time left little room to maneuver around and staff didn't seem to care. Area should be fully stocked before guests arrive.

Beds were clean and local art in the rooms was nice touch.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Non-smoking room smelled of smoke, needed new carpeting, stains everywhere. Only 2, thin pillows per bed, but did get an extra one when requested.

Standard breakfast, waffles,cereal,toast,etc. Coffee tasted old and strong. Clean, remodeled, dining area, but smelled funny.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rude staff and unsanitized rooms, breakfast not good and kitchen dining area unsanitized. A little hidden profile of racism from the staff name Zack. Smell of majuana all through the motel. I could go on.

The convenience of the location

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access - Smoking

There was cigarette smoke in the halls. It was totally disgusting and felt dirty as a result.

Our room was smoke free but having to walk through so much smoke to get there affected our stay.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of trash was in the parking lot.

The room was nice and clean. Beds comfy, and staff polite and helpful. The parking lot had a bunch of trash in it. Otherwise I can't complain.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner did not work. Did not put out enough yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast. TV did not have the best connection.

Overall ok for the money. Book directly do not use companies like Price Line, Expedia, etc. Room was clean. Place was safe.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet was stained and bumpy, the bathroom had moldy black stuff along the tub and the room was drab and unwelcoming. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room smells like a rat lives there, old carpet, dirty bathroom

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The wet stain on the floor. The rude workers. No lamp. No light switch.

Good location and relaxing

• Double Room - Smoking

Rooms without a microwave and refrigerator.

The rooms that have a refrigerator and a microwave especially when I stay for more than one night.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Drug dealers trying to sell drugs to me

Staff and bed

Everything, very quiet.

• Double Room - Smoking

They were rude, and value is horrible

Location, breakfast

Price

It was wirhin MN y current budhey

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Absolutely nothing the room was so overwhelming with cleaner I had to sleep with the window wide open and even with that it was eye watering

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Policies are not customer friendly , latest time for breakfast should be 10 am, Check out should be 12 pm

Bad

The staff

The people

It's like home

• Queen Room - Smoking

The staff are always helpful and very professional.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was filthy staff was rude and sucked people fought all night the cops were there twice a day

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

No heat, smelled of drugs, and sex selling out in the open

That it was on the bus line. Very convenient to places to eat and shop.

Staff very friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Honestly nothing staff was rude

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was unreasonable and rude

Close to the hwy

Kickout at 11am

The stall

Cleanliness meager breakfast

Price

Bugs in my room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Filthy, old, smelly building. Breakfast consisted of apples, bread, and cereal. Gross-

• Double Room - Smoking

Loud people, the room was dirty and the carpet was all sticky

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was the worst I have ever seen. Items were empty dirty tables.

Close to the freeway

Room was not clean

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

People standing and walking around outside.

The night was ok.