Reviews of Colony Inn 2 stars

7800 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, CA 90620, USA

#8 of 14 hotels in Buena Park

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

I wont ever stay there again
    • Family Suite

The remote didn't work there wasn't a coffee pot or microwave in the room. The hot tub didn't work and the pool was freezing. Toilet seat was broken. It was bs to say the least

Didn't like ANYTHING

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I would of choice differently.

The room is dirty with past guest glitter all over the room and on the beds. Spider webs in room something that looks gross at different spots on the walls and a few on the roof. When the plumbing backed up I called up front and walked up to be walked to a room and handed a plunger. I left feeling dirty.

Close to knotts

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The bed cover had something on it. We could tell if it was unwashed or stained. The lights have sensors and would go off on us. There were some dust bunnies under the bed. Parking was a little rough when we came back late from Disneyland. We did find a spot it was one of only 2 and they were on the opposite side of the parking lot from our room.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was larger than expected. The refrigerator was bigger than we expected. The location was nice. We liked that there was a 24 Walgreens basically next door.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Overall it was a good experience.
    • Family Suite

Overall it was a good experience. The rooms could have been cleaner. The walls and floors could use more attention.

It was quiet. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was okay for just a night wouldn’t recommend staying for longer and bring your own bedding.
    • Family Suite

The hotel rooms looked really outdated the bedsheets were dirty. The window in the room the lock was broken so they held it shut with a wood piece.

Room was okay bathroom was clean

Good location to Knotts... but that's about it!!!

The room felt dirty. Remote didn't work so they brought another one which also didnt work. Parking was horrendous. But the straw that broke the camel's back was the "complimentary breakfast" was not breakfast at all. It was loaves of white bread on a counter with sticks butter cut into squares with toothpicks in the center. There was some cereal but barely anything left when I got there at 8am. It was so bad I ended up driving to McDonalds down the street and buying breakfast sandwiches there.

The location was wonderful. We visited Knotts Berry Farm both Saturday and Sunday so not having to pay for parking and being able to walk to the park was perferct!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The staff was great!

The continental breakfast...just pass on it.

The staff was great! I thought the room came with a microwave but apparently it does not...I needed a microwave..The staff graciously brought a microwave to the room. The fridge won't get cold and they had it replaced with a working fridge.

Location is great right across the street from Knottsberry...

Internet very poor cable comes in and out

Location is great right across the street from Knottsberry farm bed are a little firm Internet keeps going in and out very poor. Cable is not the greatest but it is what it is very roomy and spacious good location

Good location for visiting Disneyworld Anaheim - ok for 1 night

The location is good for a visit to Disneyworld Anaheim - it is about 15 minutes away and way cheaper than the hotels in Anaheim. The room was clean and the breakfast was basic but ok - for one night this place is totally ok.

The location was great.
    • Family Suite

Family room was small and not what I expected. There was no TV in the other room, Had to get a room for me and my wife.

The location was great. Rooms other than the family rooms we're great.

not staying again next year

the coffee maker didn't work. the beds were old and had huge low spots. the room needed to be remodeled paint chipping. shelf falling off. TV was 30 years old, poor channels

staff was nice. location is great.

was good , becouse i was whit my wife very warm and romantic time

toilet paper is to ship , continental brake fast is the same every day , no egg , no bacon , no ham , no sausage , bed pillow is to small uncomforty , the line call not work

price and location

Dirty and run down.

The Rooms were in need of repairs. There was a gap under the front door which allowed noise and light to come in. There were noticeable holes in the couch, comforter, desk and walls. The floors were not clean and were sticky! We also noted a cigarette burn in the comforter despite the fact it was a "non-smoking" room. There was visible mildew in the shower and baseboards in the bathroom. All in all... the room was disgusting. Won't return.

It located within walking distance of Knotts Berry Farm.

Great value for a clean comfy room!

The continental breakfast was not great - they could increase the quality of what they provide. We didn’t eat it but what they have is there if you need a quick snack. There was no fruit, yogurt or oatmeal - healthier choices. Not at all a show stopper - I’d stay again!

The staff was wonderful - the room was clean and comfortable! If you aren’t looking for a resort, the Colony Inn was a great place for a decent price - we were very comfy and felt safe!

The internet was not good!
    • Family Suite

The internet was not good! Its keeping disconnected. There's no fruits offer at breakfast. The church groups were VERY noises arriving late on Thursday night. Also VERY noises on Friday morning in the parking lot. They don't respect that their is other people staying.

The location was convenient, but the accommodations were gross.

Dirty. Felt like it needed to be deep cleaned. I didn't want to touch anything because it felt gross. Way too expensive for what you are getting.

Great location and big room.

Overall, we were satisfied with the place and the service provided.

I was expecting a little more than cereal, muffins, toast and coffee and the dining room was very small.

I liked that we were in walking distance to Knott's Berry farm.

Breakfast not worth having
    • Family Suite

Breakfast not worth having We had to change rooms from 3 bed family as booked to a 2 bed as they said we did not pay for a 3 bedroom. Very disappointed.

Favorite part of it was the location (being so close to Medieval times, Knotts and the pirate show.

Spent a night at Colony Inn after a medieval times show for my son's 4th birthday. I loved the space of the room, the bathroom and closet were a separate space which I loved. The staff was very friendly.... the man who came to help with the T.V. (a grounds keeper) was very friendly. The front desk was a little less friendly (but seemed busy so no hard feelings).... Overall.... it was a great stay!!! Didnt wake up in time for breakfast, but did call the night we checked in and it was only a cereal and muffins type of breakfast. Parking was easy and right in front of our room.... very convenient.

It was convenient for our needs at the time. Probably wouldn't stay there again

There was a sock or trash behind the fridge. The couch was worn with some holes, lighting was very dim, when the shower was turned on there were pipe noises. The continental breakfast wasn't desirable. There was no iron in the room. The tv didn't have a variety of channels.The pillows were flat.

The location was perfect for our needs. The manger let me leave my car there while we were at my daughter's dance competition at Knott's. It looked nice from outside.

Nothing more than a place to sleep.

Bedding was ripped, reservation was misplaced (had to correct room rate upon arrival), bathroom cleanliness not to standard, breakfast was not even enough to say continental, lights were all motion sensored and turned on/off without apparent movement.

Free parking. If you are looking for a place near local amusements it would be a reasonable option.

Would never stay agsin

Thin walls could here every conversation my neighbors were having also massive arguments between hotel guest and clerk at 2am ppl everywhere running around noisy outside. Might as well just say free cereal for breakfast. No parking

Close to park

Overall, i enjoyed my stay. I only slept there, it was quiet and comfortable.

I'm not a picky person, so there isn't much I didn't like. The a.c. rattled a bit and took a while to cool down. This didn't bother me though. All the breakfast juices tasted like they were watered down. Again, not a big problem.

We stayed in the king sized bed suite. There was the bed, a television, a couch, fridge, sink, iron, coffee maker and shower. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and checking in was easy. There was a pool, but we didn't use it. The hotel is across the street from Knotts Berry Farm, about a 5 min drive from Mideval Times, and about a 35-45 min drive from the Aquarium. The breakfast buffet was very minimal, juices, coffee, toast, cereal. And muffins. Overall it was a good hotel for a last min crash pad.

About what I expected

The pool was open but the hot tub not heated!!

Very convenient to walk to Knott's Berry Farm and nearby gas station for water, sodas, beer and snacks.

not happy with booking. com

It was a dump it was not a good place to stay there was bugs in the tub and the continental breakfast was sorry I mean it was bad

It was close to Knotts berry farm

I was a bit disappointed because the phone in my room was...

I was a bit disappointed because the phone in my room was broken and missing buttons, it didn’t work at all. You had to lift the door up just to lock it. My room has somebody else’s sandals under my bed. The hotel said they had breakfast but it was only cereal, muffins, coffee, and juice.

Wonderful staff!
    • Family Suite

No hot tub! It looks like a hot tub in the pictures and in real life but it's actually just a kiddy pool. I was bummed about it also the pillows on the beds were flat, we had to ask for more but still the rest of my trip was wonderful! I gave all 5s not because it met my expectations but because the service was great!

Chan the concierge was just the friendliest man!! All the staff was very friendly and the room was nice and clean.

Enjoyable

A little out dated.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice. After a long night and our first hotel not having a room for us it was very nice showing up and having a room for us to stay in.

comfortable experience.

11 am is too early to check out.

Bed is awesome! We fell asleep in 10 seconds and felt hard to get up. Motel is at a super convenient location, and Wi-Fi is fast.

Rooms were decent , staff was kind but the ambiance left much to be desired.

Other guests had their doors open hanging out until 10 pm ,that doesn’t look or feel comfortable. Both nights there were people in the pool area until 5 in the morning , talking loudly.

I didn’t partake in the continental breakfast.

It's on what I didn't like so yea....
    • Family Suite

The staff was rude and approached me and my brother with 4 guys like as if we did something wrong. It was rude of them. And assumed we weren't staying there and pulled us aside and asked us our room number and name... and when we told them they still didn't believe Us. Like come on! Just unprofessional. Felt uncomfortable after that. So wrong of them.

I think I would rather eat the barrel of a double barrels loaded shotgun then stay in there again!

Absolutely nothing, got transferred from one room because of a broken bed hole in the door and broken TV to another room with a busted air-conditioner and they would not do anything to lower the price or even say sorry for that matter👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

I would stay here again if ever I go back to Knotts or Buena Park.

There was nothing I didn't like. Very comfortable.

The free parking. The fact it was across the street to Knotts was very convenient. Staff was very amiable.

Nice and quiet. Not bad for the price of your give all day and only sleep there.

Put another door on the bathroom one that opens out word instead of in, that would fix the problem in the bathroom.

Staff was very nice. Front desk manager was very helpful. Sam told us what was good to eat and where to go while there. The only 2 problems we had was, 1 some how the reservation did not have my dog on it but like I said, Sam fixed that. 2 the bathroom door would not close or open all the way unless you had the toilet set up.

Pitiful

Anything. Worst hotel I ever stayed at. Smoke alarm was covered with a plastic bag. Blood stain in middle of the floor and the toilet paper appeared to have been dropped in the toilet and put back on the dispenser. Dirty!

Unhappy visitor
    • Family Suite

the family suite they showed us want the same as what we got.... it wasn't clean there was sonething spilled all over the night stand. Refrigerator was leaking all over the bathroom floor. When we got back at 230 am from knotts there was roaches on the wall. I have a picture. The bed sheets i wasn't sure if they were clean something was on tbe top cover.... plud they came to our room to fix the refrigerator and we never told them it was broken yet. We had just got there. So im not sure how they knew that i felt as if there was a, camera in the room..... it was very disturbing. They wouldnt let us change rooms said it was all booked. I paid 294. For 2 nights you would of thought it would of been nicer and better taken care of.. .picture is the roach i killed on the wall. Very gross

The last time we were there we liked it. The manager showed us a family suite cause we were bringing kids back this time.

ok

my room was decent except the bathroom, it seemed to be very eerie looked like someone threw punch or something red on the wall of the bathroom and looked like they tried to paint over it or bleach it. Than there were words on the wall if you look through the mirror it looks like help but I could be wrong. And the air conditioner could be better as well. Breakfast needs more of a variety of items added to it.

I liked that it was close to Knott's Berry Farm

Would stay any time

I loved every thing about it

Over all the stay was excellent.The staff was so polite and very well customer service like.I would recommend anyone to stay there.

I rather enjoy my staying here when ever I get chance to book here.

The breakfast was lousy. I've stayed at places where I've paid more or less the same amount and offered a bit of better selection of food for breakfast. Maybe they should work on that it they offer breakfast for their customers. At least have a waffle machine!

Never Again
    • Family Suite

Very Rundown, rooms were dirty. They put us in the back side of the hotel where it is run down really bad. Quite scary at night. The hot tub was cold and the water was dirty when we asked about the hot tub we were told it's a kiddie pool. Seriously a kiddie pool when on booking it shows a nice hot tub and after walking all day was looking forward to get in it. Needless to say that didn't happen. The pool was very dirty as well. The only thing I was impressed with was I got a suite with 3 beds for $99 plus tax. We did arrive a couple hours early (at 12) so for a extra $10 he let us check in early. However the inside of the motel was so dirty. The bathroom wall and bottom of the wall was totally discusting. On booking it also shows you get a fridge and microwave. Our room did not come with a microwave however we did ask for one and they did get us one so that was really good! The only thing that kept us staying the night there is we were gone majority of the day to knotts berry farm and since we couldn't swim we drove out to hunington beach. However if we would of had just a down day staying there all day there is no way it would of happened! Scared we were going to come home with bed bugs it was that bad! Guess you get what you pay for. Never again!!

It was across the street from knotts berry farm

Good location, right across the street from Knotts Berry Farm, 5 minute walk. Would stay here again.

The carpet, would have nicer if it had laminate flooring, and did not have a microwave,

The room was a nice size with king bed, small sofa, desk, table and chair and fridge, good size bathroom with automatic lights(turned on/off when entering or leaving the bathroom.

If i coukd have i would have moved to a different hotel,
    • Family Suite

Had a family toom with 3 beds and sleeps 6. Only had towels for 3 people. Room wasnt cleaned the next day. And someone staying next to us smoked marijuana all day and night in their room it smelled so bad just walk down the walkway. Smell would cone in threw the ac unit. The contenetal breakfast was gross stale cereal, nasty bread, muffins.

Only thing i liked was that it was across the street from Knotts Berry Farm

Less than mediocre

Everything was dirty, and things were missing from our room. The shower didn't spray at full power, so you had to bathe in a trickle. The manager was extremely unprofessional.

Staff was excellent, helped us with directions to our room...

The breakfast was subpar but expected from a discount hotel. My wife is pregnant and wanted a couple of extra pillows. I went to the office and ask for some and they said they did not have any extra pillows but he would check his storage and call me back in my room. Well after about an hour and no call my wife gave up and just tried to make the best of what she had.

Staff was excellent, helped us with directions to our room and to outside restaurants. They do have a complimentary breakfast which was ok. Beds were a bit hard but made due.

Good overall ... need to tell maids not to disturb guests about checking out ... would stay again.

maid coming by at 9:45 asking if I was checking out that day (check-out is at 11:00)... annoying! I have never had this happen at any other hotel ...

Bed was comfortable .... room clean ... considering its location (across the street from Knott's), and its high volume of usage, property is dated, but in good condition ... staff was very friendly ...

Very pleasant

Had trouble getting warm water in the sink. Faucet hard to figure out. Didn't use shower, so don't know about hot water there.

Room had a refrigerator which we used. Had a sitting chair, I like to watch TV from a chair. TV was good. Sam was very helpful and nice. Beds were comfortable. Coffee was good in breakfast room. Didn't eat breakfast, there, my husband likes McDonalds. They let us check in early so we could walk to Knott's Berry Farm. Not very far to walk.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

B- Concerned of alley security. Saw broken chain linked fence But close to Knott's Bery Farm my dest

Toilet running when entered.Film of dust on sofa.Toilet paper too cheap For the $20 parking fee they can afford better brand

Request for locked windows honored.Windows faced alley.Reasonably clean for older facility. Cereal for breakfast. Skipped the toast.IHOp and Portos Bakery nearby

A little rough around the edges but convenient location to family attractions.
    • Family Suite

The screens looked as if someone tried to break in because both Windows screens were bent from the outside. Our room was right next to the busy street so I was nervous someone would try to break in.

I liked that the location! It was right across from Knotts Berry Farm, down the street from Medieval Times, Wax Museum, Pirates, and Portos! Also, my whole family could stay in one room (there were 3 adults, 2 teens and 2 kids under 11)!

Don't do it

No safety lock.Property is dirty trash was over flow. Beds aren't comfortable. I felt once I told them I had pet I got the worst room from a scary movie.pet fee 20 per day.they mention breakfast we had to go buy are own elsewhere. Will never stay here again.

Just that they had a fridge/micro a dirty one but they had.hair dryer , iron. Location is good close to knoxs berry F

very poor

I reserved a king room they gave me double. Only a few lights worked in the room. The out lets only a few worked. I requested a microwave and refrig. They had to get another one from somewhere else. It was very noisy The breakfast was very poor. only 1 kind of coffee, toast and cereal. We don't plan to come back even though I have another meeting in a few days...

not much

Good Place
    • Family Suite

The breakfast in the morning had nothing but orange juice, milk, and a few muffins. It could use more work since they advertise free breakfast.

We got the family room, and we all fit comfortably!

Would no recommend to anyone even with location very unhappy.

we had 2 rooms. Day 1 - 1st room no towels only 1 washcloth, toliet lid does not fit top of toliet, and fan so loud in the bathroom sounded like a helicopter landing 2nd day towels were good no other changes, 3rd day towels no hand towels or wash cloths bed made up so poorly had to remake it because of the lumps of the sheets. 2nd room no hot water and burnt out blow dryer stayed 3 days.

Security cameras, location.

First room given was dirty. Second room which we stayed in had ants in bathroom, no remote for tv, $100 security deposit that wasn't mentioned until checking in. Room a/c wasn't as cold as it should have been. No do not disturb sign for room was in the room so the maids were knocking early asking about checking out.

Security cameras, location.

Nightmare hotel

Stayed two nights,first night came back from dinner and not one parking space. Drunk kids in parking lot all night making noise, got car parked at 3am. Was looking forward to spa as advertised, found out it's a kiddie pool. Filthy room, decrepit property. Mgr. promised to refund my 2nd night so I could find another hotel room then reneged. Liars and cheats, period.

Location across from knotts was nice

Not going again!

Air conditioner didn't work. We told the manger and the service man tried to come into our room in the middle of the night. Their breakfast was awful and consisted of toast and awful coffee

at least the beds were clean.

Good stay.

Everytime we went for the free breakfast there was not much food or they were out of things. Not having a t.v. remote for the first part of the trip.

It was easy to get into the road and go places. Close to shopping places. The bed were very comfortable.

Good for a one night stay at a budget hotel, not counting the "breakfast"!

The continental breakfast was disappointing. There was cereal, toast and muffins, in the way of food. No fruit, danish, or any other choices. The coffee was not hot and the orange juice dispenser just squirted out a thick liquid.

I won't recommend this hotel to my friends

Fridge and coffee maker not working and I have to call the office to change it. The microwave oven was not available and I have to call 3x for the personnel to bring it.

Great trip.

Other guess dont pick up after themselves at the pool. But thats not the hotel fault.

Walking distance to knottsberry. The from manager was awesome showed me a 3 bedroom for our next trip .

Bites

The bed was broken the box spring had to be replaced the next day so sleep was min. there was a light in the room that kept coming on. I removed the light bulb. there were people talking in the parking lot all night long. The so called continental breakfast was horrible. there is not enough space to enter all about that. ohhhhh the shower was for handicap but the water in the shower ran all the way to the carpet in the bedding area. Found a prescription bottle empty that god for medical Maryjane.

I liked the people that worked there...the people were very nice

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Great value for the price, close to Knott's

The rooms could be a bit cleaner and it would be nice is the jacuzzi were heated.

We are season pass holders at Knott's and love how close the Colony Inn is to the park. We've stayed there at least three times and it's a great value for the price. The staff is friendly and all of the rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave. I've only eaten breakfast there once and it was basic but tasty.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The staff was super friendly.

The staff was super friendly. The property was simple and cozy and quiet, very different from other hotels near Knotts. I recommend this property for the price.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Price great, room not so great.

Our door had been kicked in at one point. The repairs were not done well. The door didn't seem secure and my daughter was nervous to stay there. The room was a bit musty smelling. Also the room was stocked for one person even though we had reserved the room for two adults and an infant. That may not be a bid deal because you can call for extra towels and such but is a inconvenience at shower time.

The location was awesome. It is directly across the street from Knotts Berry Farms. There are a lot of great places that are nearby and in walking distance.

Convenient on for walking to knotts berry farm

I didn't like the fact they said they had breakfast all that was served Was Cold cereal, small little muffins, hard butter, toast. This hotel was convenient Due to walking to knotts berry farm. This place walls was dirty as in buggers on them. Beds were ok. Breakfast was my main concern. they only had one ice Machine and that was across the parking lot.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was we were able to walk to knotts berry farm.

Great Value

There was nothing that I did not like

The price of the room and, how close it is to knotts berry farm. This is a decent hotel, it doesn't have all of the amenities of larger chain hotels. The room is clean, beds are comfortable. We will be staying here next year again! The staff is friendly and very accommodating !

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The staff was very friendly and remembered me from a...
    • Family Suite

There was no coffee maker, iron, or microwave in our room and we weren't allowed to take breakfast back to our room.

The staff was very friendly and remembered me from a previous stay. The rooms were very clean and the location was within a 3 minute walk to Knott's Berry Farm.

Everything, staff, room ,access to food stores etc

Needed an early check in. That was not conveyed to office staff even though I marked it on reservation.

Everything, staff, room ,access to food stores etc

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Probably not again.

the room looked clean but needed some work. the bathroom mirror was badly scratched and the bathroom lights were exposed fluorescent tubes. the room had only one chair and looked more suited to a storage room than an guest room. Breakfast was two choices of dry cereal and a bug (small dead fly) came out of the juice dispenser.

Its location was good. the room assigned me was in a back corner of the lot. the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

a ok place to stay for overnight.
    • Family Suite

I did not like that they put us way in the back and the room had not enough towels, no clock and the TV could not get standard station like CBS TNT or ION when there was a couple of empty 3 bed rooms closer to front. Had no place for my dog to go potty, No directories in room. the free breakfast was coffee cerel (two kinds) and muffins but the orange juice machine was not working. the way it sounded for $130.+ there would have been more to eat, this is a Motel Not a Hotel I thought the room price was a little high. the Pool was not open

the room I got was 3 beds but one of the beds was in a separate room which made my son more comfortable. I like that I could take my dog that was very important to me. the person who checked us in was great and the night person was also. the tv could get CNN MNBC Fox news. It did have have washer and dryers if you needed them.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I will be staying again!!!
    • Family Suite

I have stayed at this hotel on more than once, and i will return again, Staff is very nice. I have never had any problems with service or the room. Great Price and walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm.

I know the manager , have stayed many time before, always...

Had the whole family , booking dot com stated pets welcome up to 20 pounds ,Colony Inn web site stated no pets , Babou the manager said for you he would allow a pet up to 15 pounds . unfortunatly Mika weighs 21 lbs and at the last minute we had to make other arrangements b

I know the manager , have stayed many time before, always been happy,

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Location is just across from Knotts Berry Farm and parking...

More and better pillows. Better door seal, light was visible under the door in the morning which makes me think bugs could get in if they wanted to.

Location is just across from Knotts Berry Farm and parking is free.

Best Place to stay when visiting Knott's Berry Farm!

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The refrigerator's freezer actually froze things and the coffee pot was clean. The hotel is less than a 5 minute walk from Knott's Berry Farm and Soak City. The hotel is also within walking distance to restaurants and a Target within a 10 minute drive from the hotel. We have found our home away from home when going to Knott's and Disneyland.

thanks but no thank

We stayed two nights the room needed up dating seemed a little old fashion no washcloths no cleaning done was done the next day we went out the first night and came back to the bed not being made like most hotels do no trash cans emptied terrible service.

The size of room was nice and so was the location the decire was very old lampshade was so beat up

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

You get what you pay for.

The hotel is run down a lot and could use a lot of work but for what I paid I guess it was ok. The fire alarm in my room fell off during my stay and didn't have a battery!!! Not impressed.

The location is honeslty like a 10min walk to knottsberry farm. I can see the park from my window.