Reviews of Knights Inn - JFK Airport 2 stars

6.2

5.9

5.9

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty, unsafe particularly for families, noisy, very poor value for money; I would never go back, ever. If travelling with a young family absolutely avoid as it is unsafe and I wish to emphasise this; the 'receptionist' sits behind what seems bullet proof glass which is indicative of the location the hotel is situated. I would suggest that anyone considering staying here looks closely at previous reviews. The management when challenged were helpful, after significant prompting, in resolving some of the issues.

Proximity to JFK and subway station.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The carpet was solo dirty, my kid's white socks become black in 3 minutes :(

10 min walk from Jamaica Austrian station, lots of places to eat in the area

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was severely bitten by bed bugs. I think the sheets had not been changed and the room was dirty. There was a murder of a shop keeper near by on the night we stayed.

Quick pick up from JFK on shuttle bus

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The door didn't lock properly to the room, and they wasn't a lot of water pressure in the bathroom to take a shower

The location of the hotel was right off the highway. Very clean and the people were very hospitable

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

the room was filthy, dissapointed to the microwave that was been requested a month a head and told the receptionist that we are late to check in (11-12am).

like the bed and the location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rat in the room. Place is very run down. I paid almost $400 US and I was very disappointed. I tried to cancel my reservation but they will not allow me to do so. Even though I did not pay for the hotel and I could have cancel at anytime before checking they wanted to charge me $200 for cancellation. That was very mean.

What i like is that the hotel is convenient for my activities and shopping.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

I never felt that my things would be safe at my room. The deterioration and lack of higiene is visible. I was suddenly surprised by a rat in my room what made me decide to leave the place inmidiatly. I seriously desencourage everyone to book this place.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The airport shuttle apparently stops at 23hours but this wasn't noted on the site hence on arrival a few minutes past midnight after a train trip to the terminal for the shuttle....there was none!

Airport shuttle...got me back to the airport!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Rooms were dirty, some staff members were not helpful. I had to ask for clean wash clothes upon arrival. Breakfast consisted of toast, cereal & milk, coffee. I would never stay in that motel again. It was advertised as a Hotel on Booking.com which is false advertisement.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Noisy in the morning. Bathroom smelled of urine.i had to wipe down toilet and sink. Hair everywhere in sink on towels jus gross. No blanket!! Bed was uncomfortable. Desk was sticky. We paid 215. Wasn't worth the money.

Nothing i

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The bathroom wasn't thoroughly clean and hair was found in the tub. The room's phone was disconnected upon arrival. Wifi was not provided. The TV didn't work, the remote's batteries were likely dead or it was a general malfunction that was never repaired.

The room itself appeared to be orderly and had a nice decor including the curtains, bedspread and even the textured wallpaper. The fridge in the room was a pleasant convenience.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

There was a shooting 1 block away the night I arrived so notuch sleep due to police sirens and flashing lights.....but motel can't help that. Again it is what you pay for, room could have been cleaned better.

It was cheapest near airport that I could find so had realistic expectations. It is what it is - a room to sleep, breakfast in the morning.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Location not good. Jamaica av.doesnt look like a very safe place. The subway Station is near,but you dont wanna came late. No security staff or else.

Clean room, nice staff.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

They need to get all the smoke smell out, the corridors ventilation doesn't allow for much escape of whatever smell / odor... But they need to find a way around it

Accessibility , Facility is ok

• Queen Room

The bullet prof window in the reception makes you think is a dangers neighborhood. But arrived at 2:00 am walking from de sub and even the 2 tropical dance bars close to it where open and with people outside didn't seem like it. Only Air Channels no cable.

Close to the Subway and Long Isand Rail Road Station. Only 3 blocks away. Air Conditioning just great. Nice TV. ThE bed was ok. Microwave. Small frig.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Staff were communicating only the very basics. Breakfast was disappointing. Only a few toasts with butter+jam, and two breakfast cereals (but were out of milk when I came). They have waffles, but I was not in the mood for that. Not what I expect for a "continental breakfast".

Good location if you are on a stop-over. They have a free shuttle to the airport terminals, but the walk from Jamaica station is also not so long. Room was fine.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff not helpful when I ask shuttle they did not provide bed is not good spring broken is hurts me I can,t sleep. Staff are not friendly

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

First of all , I contacted the staff one week before coming by email , and I told them that I was coming by night to the airport , they responded , and they told me that the last shuttle was at 11:30 pm , We arrived at 11 pm , I started calling the hotel , A man answered the phone , he told me that the shuttle has left , I told him about the email and everything , He was SO RUDE , and he hung up on me , I called again he was even more rude and he told me that he doesnt care and he hung up again . Imagine a family of 5 ( 3 children) waiting in JFK airport in the middle of the night . We took a taxi of 80$ to arrive to the hotel . And the man in the reception didnt even apologize .To all people coming by night . NEVER COME TO THIS HOTEL , You will end up sleeping in the airport!

The beds were good.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shuttle bus that picked up us from airport was very disappointing. To wait for an hour is unacceptable and calling three times is so annoying.

i was well accommodated and my request for a van to transport me at 3:30am was on time and at cheaper cost hence their shuttle service begins at 4:30am. I like the surroundings, I was able to walk around and buy stuff i need.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The drapes can be improved. They are definitely in need of changing. The toilet leaks and needs maintenance. there were flies and little flying insects in the room. There were no availability of insect spray to deal with this issue. It may be better to use a liquid bath soap than the one being used now. It is so fragile it's of little use, excessive usage of this will occur and cost the company more.

The bed was comfy and the linens clean and fresh. Towels were white and clean. Generally with the exception of the toilet and the soap the bathroom was clean and good.Didn't like the first room i got but the staff immediately changed it. Staff was above average.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Price a bit high for what on offer, also the lift very small and slow.

Good location for NY subway, easy to get into Manhattan. Plenty of food outlets nearby.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Most unpleasant experience. Laundry bag and vacuum cleaner parked and left in elevator for hours. Bathroom curtain stained, with brown spots (discoloration or burns?). Toilet bowl scratched and streaked grey; while tub suspiciously unclean. Room furniture walls scruffy. Most revealing of all: Felt that one of the owners appeared to have told-off the Driver who had kindly volunteered to drop me (a paying guest, stranger to the area, female, without umbrella) 200 yds down the road, to the subway! He would have denied me the ride IN THE RAIN, even tho the van was EMPTY. How inhospitable, ungracious and unkind can one get!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is small, old, run down and smelled like pot. The toilet paper in the bathroom had a giant water mark on it suggesting that the roll had been half soaked in something at some point. Breakfast the next morning smelled so bad I had to wait outside for the taxi that they provided for me (the advertised airport shuttle was not running for some reason, I think the driver didn't show for his shift). While the gentleman who checked me in was exceptionally professional, I was really put off by the thick wall of bullet proof glass that we communicated through. I almost wanted to go back to the airport and sleep on the terminal floor and probably would have if I wasn't already so tired. The room was in desperate need of a renovation and the pillows weren't even regular sized. Traffic noise would have been an issue if I hadn't been so dog tired.

The gentleman that checked me in was beyond polite, professional and accommodating. He was exceptionally responsive to my request for help with the AC unit and went out of his way to help me with the smoke smell in my room (it was supposed to be a non-smoking room).

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Savitri needs to learn not to gossip on the phone and give the customers attention. Check the records for verification No breakfast and no free airport shuttle given as advertised. No assistance was given in taking up or bringing down the suitcases. Not even the carrier

Clean room

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Terrible smell in the room, mold-like. Staff simply gave us carpet powder to cover the smell. Not too friendly.

Reasonably comfortable for the cost and location. Large room. Close to the line and easy to get around, food and such near by. (Great Asian food across the street).

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Don't trust what the hotel webpage says about the schuttle service. I had no service both on arrival and departure, and this even if I made the reservation before. At the departure (3 pm) the shuttle I reserved wasn't tenere. The shuttle driver said that bis work was finished. He offered to drove me at the airport with his personal car. This was supposed to be a favor, but then, once in the car, he insistently asked for money. He wanted 20 usd, more than a regular yellow cab. He was very afraid when I gave him only six. But then I saw that he also picked up other people at the terminal to take them to the hotel. For sure he told them the same fake story to get money from them too! Pay attention!

the room and the position, for the proximity to the subway

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The lack of good cable tv. But I wasn't home nor was I there to watch tv.

I like the cleaning people and it suited my basic needs for the time I was there.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

The air con was extremely noisy to the point where it prevented us from having a good nite sleep. We were in transit leaving for an international flight the next morning we were so tired. We switched it off and opened the windows which was even worst so back on went the air con and no sleep

Close to the airport. Free Wifi. Free Airport shuttle. Friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Lets just say the house keeper was a bit lazy but at least the beds were made and the sheets were clean, i had fresh towels etc. But there should be someone double checking the rooms!

Very welcoming...me and my husband always make the best out our stay here😘😘😘

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Well the first impression is a bit overwhelming . There is bullet proof glass between you and the staff. Makes you wonder about safety issues. There was a condom in the elevator !!!. My room was adequate, but bathroom was randomly placed in room with no enclosure for shower or toilet . I brought my own sheets given reviews I saw online . But I should have brought sheets . There was hair in the towels which made me question cleanliness . Very close to airport but would not stay again . Shuttle to airport is not 24 hours which is a bummer . They stop delivery after 11 pm.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

very smelly room. Dirty bathroom. A/C could not be changed. It was freezing. The staff couldn't care less about my concers. No driver to take us to the airport. Not even an apology.

Absolutely NOTHING!!!!

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The driver of the shuttle was not available during our stay but the front desk paid for our taxi in order to get around. I would recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget and needs to get to the airport the next morning! :)

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The handle to my door was broken and no one did anything about the people fighting and yelling next door to my room . Breakfast was a group table that was filthy .

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Queen Room

Facilities and room could be updated, cleanliness was a bit questionable. It was one of those rooms where you'd rather not look closely at your surroundings in fear of discovering something cringey. The staff were nice but could be more pleasant and warm since they work for the hospitality industry. A staff member was listening to music while serving breakfast.

Breakfast was included, near Metro station

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Dirty room poor air conditioning breakfast terrible milk was off sink plug in room broken poor water flow couldn't wait for morning to come and get out

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

On 6/24, the man behind the desk lied about the van (shuttle)....saying that the van was out of service ....when the truth was...there was no one there to drive the van. Secondly, when it was made obvious that the van was, in fact,in working order, my family was told that the van does not pick up at LaGuardia....only JFK...which is closer

fine for short stay, and if you plan your own transport between the hotel and LaGuardia

• Queen Room

place smile like smoke on the hall we was on one trash can was not empty could not get a paper print out they didn't seen to understand when you talk

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The front office desk staff always wearing stern looks.Didn't seem friendly. One of the drivers of the shuttle bus was demanding much more money than the tip I could afford. I thought the shuttle bus was free

The rooms were comfortable enough.I would have preffered to have electric kettle and supply of beverages than microwave in the rooms

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Housekeeping, the ac unit, should of had an iron.

The pillows was too soft, for three days I only was giving 3 towels a day, no soap, no face rags, nothing, no iron, no bathroom ammenities whatsoever. They told me there was cable, but being an NBA fan, I didn't see the NBA draft, that was sucks, tv remote works sometime, the air conditioner was loud to me.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Location and cleanliness of the room and wash room

Pick up from airport can be a little quic Break fast can be improved House keeping was good room was also well ventilated and spacious On the whole we were pleased and the location advantage with regard to metro both train and bus and food

Smell in the room ,uncomfortable bed ,aircondition needs to be cleaned

Stuff ,very pleaseant and polite

the location is good but the neightboorhood is kinda of getto and dirty

overall everything were fine

The sheets had spots on them , microwave and refrigerator was nasty

The receptionist at the front drsk was very polite

Better toaster. Offer fruit and yogurt

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Breakfast Is little bit far from Manhattan

Bed Stuffs Fas foods around

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room

A bit run-down, in a dirty neighbourhood. The shuttle took a long time to pick us up at JFK. The room was small.

Close to JFK, free shuttle, clean.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The first night I stayed there was a mouse in my bedroom.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

The same as what I did like question

I didn't like the fact that I was on the phone in my room and to rats rain across my feet

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

All

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Needed room cleaner no vacuum

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Water temperature and pressure was terrible. Wifi service in room was terrible. More pillows

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

It is very dirty.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Queen Room

I appreciated the free breakfast. And the staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could be cleaned with more care

Good shuttle service to and from JFK. Very helpful staff. Improved from last year.

room was not that bad

Threadbare towels

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

No Drinking water is available

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Queen Room

not that many pillows as it use to be...

the rooms are big,pillows are soft and comfy...

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The wifi and selection of tv channels weren't that great.

The rooms were nice and cozy and the staff was nice as well.

Very nice

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Credit card seizing left amount banking system if you choose to pay each night by night.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Beds

The beds

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Bed was too hard

Close to subway with express service to Manhatten

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The room was very dirty, the smell was terribly, the furniture was in very bad state, I definitely think the room was over priced

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

My room was good but so loud. Room 502.

I was a couple of hours. This hotel is really close to the JFK and has a free shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

A bit far from the airport - with traffic it took almost half an hour.

Hotel is relatively well furnished and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We went to morning breakfast whoever was they are very rude. ..

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Breakfast is not robust

The staff of the hotel are very hospitable.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

I like everything.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Room

My fiance was so happy with the bed and bathroom. Plus stores was all near to the hotel

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room had not been vacuumed in some time, the bathroom tap leaked, the amount of money charged for the room was unreasonable.

Staff was fantastic

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Good room, good free transfer from/to the airport. The soap smelt so good!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Nothin forme it was cool

Closed to thr aitport and right in the heart of jamaica ave

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Linen never reafy towels wash cloths and found a bed bug

Convenience Subway stores