Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Keene NH 2 stars

3 Ashbrook Road, Keene, NH 03431, USA

#5 of 5 hotels in Keene

I really have no complaints about our stay.

The breakfast attendant was on top of everything! He was working hard to keep the hot food fresh and full, and the area clean and stocked during the busy breakfast time.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needed more light entryway area. Bed was very comfortable but edge sagged and bottom sheet had what appeared to be an old blood stain right by my head (yuk). Thought 40.00 was excessive for 2 small dogs. Asked for Interline/Sr. disc. but was flatly told no bc room was booked thru Book.Com.

Enjoyed oatmeal & fresh fruit.

The room was either hot or cold - to warm up you needed to run the fan. No electronic thermostat? At 11;05 someone knocked on the door to make sure we were leaving. We were. The online material BTW said checkout time was noon.

The staff - especially the man (with his dog Abby) who checked us in - were very helpful

Sorry noted above

Room clean and comfortable bed, excellent continental breakfast. Do not agree with their policy of charging $20 each time for pet when their us a one day break in stay. Also don't t think they should xrequest $100 deposit, specially for guests that stay repeatedly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bathrooms could be cleaner. Hair on floor in corners and along the wall was disgusting. Stayed there one weekend before and same thing occurred even though the second visit was a different room.

People were friendly, helpful.

I did like the continental breakfast, but the area in which it was stationed was cramped with more than one other person in the space.

I enjoyed the shower and the ability to personalize the comfort of the room with the wall unit.

Figuring out the exit at the back of the premises, so that I could avoid the one-way problem at the front exit. Maybe making note of this on the handy map of the premises and room location given out here (NOT at another Days Inn near the airport). Handing a receipt on check out (unlike the other Days Inn where it took three phone calls, ultimately to head office customers services to get one promised, but not in time for me to submit my expences).

Finding the lovely ancient dog still a resident! Being able to not be disturbed while starting out the day dealing with business matters using the wifi

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Some staff was pretty rude, and we found old room keys under our bed which spoke volumes about the lack of cleanliness of the rooms.

It was quiet and most of the staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was over charged on my bill, I did not realize it until I got home and looked at my reservation information. I am not sure what the extra charge was for, nothing was explained to me. I suspect it could have been for the room safe that I did not use. I feel cheated and will not return to this location. I will also tell anyone I talk to to avoid the place too.

The facility was OK

I’ve stayed here twice. The first time I thought it was kinda shabby, needs an update. I wasn’t looking to pay a lot because I was literally just sleeping there, so I figured no frills was fine. The location was good and the bed comfortable, and it was clean in appearance. The second time I got a better price which I was happy about, but my room was very run down. Lamp shade torn, smoke decetor hanging from ceiling. The worst part was the wash cloths were not so white. I should have called down immediately but instead just mentioned it at check out. The woman at the desk was displeased that I waited. And yes I should have called when I noticed it, but her irritated tone was a turn off for sure.

The location was great for what I needed. The mattress was very comfortable.

The heating system in my room was either too cold or too hot. Could not control the temp accurately and the fan was always on which dried up every part of my body

• Standard King Room - Smoking

The breakfast area could have been larger. The breakfast food had to be microwaved. The hotel looks a little dated.

It was a great location, right of of the highway. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. The bed was comfortable. The shower was decent. Easy to get to room with only 2 floors. ( I did not see an elevator)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Overpowering smell of deodorizer trying to cover up the smell for allowing smoking in some of the rooms. Breakfast area extremely small, breakfast was ok but could be a lot better.

Absolutely nothing.

Everything was excellent! The food was great. Coffee was awesome and the bed was soooo comfortable. I have arthritis and never had any pain. We were wondering what the name of the mattress was so we can look into getting one for our home. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. We will definitely be staying there when we come back to Keene. Oh yes it was affordable too for people on fixed incomes. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Business King Room

Smell - Lobby reminded me of something you would see in a low grade movie. No elevator Extremely overpriced for the quality Either close or renovate. We will never stay in any of Days Inn properties

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were kind of small and had a slight odor. If I planned on spending more time in the area or at the hotel I would want a nicer atmosphere and more lounging area.

Was convenient to the area we needed to go to. Was a bit pricey for what it was. While we were traveling we stayed at some holiday inn expresses,American owned, that were much more comfortable in every way, for around the same price we paid to stay here. But I would stay here again if I needed to. Staff were very friendly.

From the second I got there it felt unsafe. There was someone smoking weed outside my window and cop cars swarmed in the front. It was not a place for a woman to stay alone. I decided to stay on the floor of my new apartment with no furniture instead. I reached out to Booking and never heard back, which was disappointing since I have used them quite a lot in the past. Definitely won't in the future.

Staff was accommodating and we were grateful to be able to check in early so that we could make it to a family wedding. The room was clean and comfortable, with no issues. Several decent breakfast options.

Clean and as expected... no problem here. On the expensive side, especially for a Days Inn, but it was a long Holiday weekend, and the first week of school in a college town, so I guess that's to be expected. Otherwise - all good!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The security door was broken. When reported to management, I was given many excuses with an unconcerned attitude. The bathtub was filthy. They need to bleach out the soap scum and dirty residue from many previous guests. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY TO ANYONE!

It was close to major roadways and attractions.

No serious complaint.

Room was clean, had coffee nachine, hair dryer, microwave. Refrigerator, and safe. Refrigerator worked very well. Bed was comfortable, staff very accomodating. Breakfast included fresh fruit, waffles, omelet & not jsut cold cereal, toast items.

WATER FROM SHOWER RAN OUT INTO HALLWAY

THE BREAKFAST WAS POOR EGGS WERE PRE MADE AND IN REF JUST A FEW DONUTS AND BAGLES WAS OUT OF COFFEE AT 7 AM ON SAT HAVE STAYED AT THIS LOCATION FOR AT LEAST 6 YEARS PROBABLN NOT AGAIN

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had an issue with being locked out of my room late at night because I had not "signed" the proper paperwork. I had made the extra night's reservations the night before with the young desk clerk and did everything I was supposed to. However, when I came back to my room I was unable to get in. Had to wait in line to talk to the desk clerk. He told me it happened because I had not signed something. When I questioned he called the manager over who told me I had NOT been locked out of my room. At that point I was very grumpy! I have no idea what happened but I signed and went on my way, but it was not a pleasant experience. A message left on my phone would have been sufficient.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

The only complaint i really have is that there was a stale ciggerette odar in ny room, but I choose a smoking room so I suppose that is too be expected. Maybe just put some sort of air freshener in the room, one of those ones that releases a burst of sent every so often to help take care of the stale cigarette smell. Just a suggestion!

The room was alot nicer than I had originally thought, the breakfast was really good and I like that they had multiple breakfast options. The eggs were fluffy and deliousous, which I was very pleased with as the past two hotels I stayed at prior to my stay here had horrible eggs. They were runny and obviously fake at one place and at the other they were way over seasoned and tasted like someone had dumped salt in them. Needless to say, I was very pleased overall with my stay and experience there! Also they have great staff, the gentleman at the front desk, Santana was his name I believe, was nice, helpful and very polite. I highly recommend this place, you definitely get your money's worth!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything was convenient. Plus, they let me book in early in the day and book out LATE in the day without charge. I was very happy with everything.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Hall ways reaked of mold and dirt. Handel for Toilet was cover by counter and did not like reaching into the "hole" to flush. Guy that checked me in had little to no personality.

I didn't get robbed

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

would have been nice to have an elevator.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast choices were good for what it was. Nice woman at check-in helped us make a last minute change in our room choice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The jacked up price because of graduation. I paid $250.00 for a $119.00 room on a normal day. Talk about price gouging!! Needless to say, I would not stay here again because of this.

It was average at best. Fresh coffee would have been better.

The price of the room for the 2 nites i have stayed there before and had the same room and i understand it was graduation weekend 250 a nite was alot

The bed was very comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It smelled like dog pee covered up with febreeze everywhere.

The price and location were nice. It is in the same parking lot as restaurants, grocery store, liquor store, etc.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I really loved that they had a family dog on site. It added a lot to the equation and it made my stay that much better. The people were really friendly as well.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

During Initial check in, the clerk was unbecoming, the room and hallways smelled like feet and bad odor.

The breakfast and check out individual was good/nice.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People having dogs in their rooms as one night the dog owners in nearby room left small dog when they went out for dinner, everyone had to put up with the dog barking, this was not good. Hallway smelt of dogs, did not like. We will never stay in a dog friendly motel/hotel again. Days Inn gave us a small discount for the inconvience which was very good of them.

Location suited our needs as it was on the route we were using to travel south.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

for 200+ bucks this was a total rip off. they should be ashamed of themselves for charging that much. it smelled like someone poored an entire bottle of purfume on the floor in our room. the air conditioner looked like was in built in 1972. the bedding was clean but the room just felt dark and dreary. it was over powering. we left in the middle of the night it was so bad

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Had to settle for a smoking rooms.that's ok but I know you can do a better job at masking the cigarette smell.maybe after cleaning spray a little fabreeze.would not have had to leave the window open all night.

Easy to get to staff friendly .

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was lacking and the picture quality on the TV was very bad. Need to get HDTV in the rooms, it is 2016!!

Rooms were clean, great water pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much of a variety for breakfast. They always charge me for the use of a safe when I never use one and I think during the week the price could come down a little.

The location. The gentleman who is usually behind the desk is very friendly and we love his dog.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Having dogs in the breakfast room was alarming as I am very allergic. The corners near the front desk had spiders and there were flies in the morning at breakfast. The front desk person in the morning went out and chatted with a friend and smoked right in front of the door to the breakfast room so you could smell smoke at breakfast. When I asked one of the front desk people for help with finding a breakfast place that was open at 5:00 am he gave me three places that were open at 6:00 am and didn't understand what I was asking. It was sort of a weird interaction. Then when I was up at 5:00 there was breakfast ready so it worked out fine.

The bed was great. The bedroom was clean, quiet and dark. The front desk people were nice.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bed was not comfortable, bring your own pillows. Overpriced for the amenities. No juice available for breakfast.

Location was great, staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Room was dirty. food crumbs in the folds of the fabric on the desk chair, piles of dust to the side of and behind the bed. The bathroom needed repairs, paint peeling and trim coming off.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Extremely noisy A/C - Direct TV channel choices limiting - Would love to have one comfortable chair in a motel - two would be even better!

James, the Manager, was exceptionally helpful. The breakfast selections were good. Comfortable bed, and provision for guest with disabilities adequate. Housekeeping accommodating to late sleepers.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Business King Room

In a word, awful. From check-in to check-out. - Lobby was dirty - Check-in process was longer than it should be. - Room was moldy smelling – we actually had to go out and buy a disinfectant spray - Air conditioner did not work properly - Tub did not drain quickly while showering - Walls are paper thin – TVs, dogs barking and people talking were all bothersome. Not worth $202. I will not post this on any online review sites but thought you should know.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Thought it was a *little* pricey for basic hotel with no pool, etc., and not downtown.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.The room was average, but VERY clean.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was $180 for a non smoking room. The entire place smelled of cigarette smoke. I've stayed in much cleaner, nicer hotels got a lot less money.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

There were no seats to eat breakfast, laundry room was off food station and tables, too long to check in, older lady kinda grumpy, key had to be reset (didnt work), older man cleaning up was rude to another customer, he grabbed knife to open paper plates without gloves and put it back in utensil holder, no pool, dogs barking

Near our locations

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

See my prior answer.

Other than the location, I did not like anything about this hotel. There was mold in the shower, the pillows were terrible, the AC was either "freezer cold" or not cool at all, the AC kept shutting off/turning on all night (very annoying) even when I attempted to keep it "on" (instead of "auto"), the bulb in the lamp over the bed burned out and I had to go to reception to ask for a new one and you thought I was asking for $1M dollars!, Bath towels were threadbare...This is just what I recall now

The room rate I was charged was too much money... iI should of been charged $ 70.00 Per night in my experience ,

that there was not a large and obvious sign marking the hotel, clearly visible from Highway 9!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was excellent, the breakfast was good, the cost was very good I will be staying at your hotel again

Breakfast was good Staff courteous Location very convenient

Very noisy guests.

Very clean. Nice staff. Good breakfast.

It was very friendly and felt homey

Good breakfast Comfortable bed

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Bed was comfortable, hotel was nice and quiet.

Had a great stay!

Very clean and convenient. Staff were friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The fragrance they used to keep a fresh clean smell was a bit over powering when u first walk in

Everything was very comfortable good place to stay

The snow !

Location Great coffee, etc.

Very clean

A clean, well located hotel to stay.

That Waxy O'Connor's was closed

Great quality for a low price! Compared with other hotels even the Marriott and this was far better!

extra charge for my very small dog that was not expected.

clean and affordable. Very good coffee and morning breakfast.

Liked everything

Loved the variety of breakfast offerings and the opportunity to use the lobby for games without being told to leave

they charge extra for the safe that is in the room, not told this at time of booking

had a good variety of breakfast items, waffles were very good

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air freshener blower in the hallways.

The staff is some of the friendliest I have encountered.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Quiet. Bed was comfortable. Coffee was good.

• Standard King Room - Smoking

Very friendly helpful staff. Clean updated facility..

Bathtub needs a lot of cleaning.

breakfast

Great breakfast and real nice accomodations.

This facility is a college town with all the slamming of doors and running of halls by kids at 12pm and 2pm

Dirty room

Very easy access

The bed was so comfy

The staff was great, shower was nice and hot with excellent water pressure, bed was so comfortable and the continental breakfast was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was not clear this was a smoking room.

The mattress