Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Inglewood/LAX/LA Airport 2 stars

4238 West Century Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90304, USA

#10 of 32 hotels in Inglewood

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast had no fruit - unless you count the fruitloops. Nothing cooked - toast and toaster waffles and instant oatmeal

Staff was nice and rooms were very clean.

There was dirt around the bottom of the bed...ewe. Everything else was very clean

Nice rooms microwave and fridge, great value for money and staff was so great

The floor on the side of the bed was disgusting. That should be swept. And The lobby where they have the continental breakfast was nothing but a counter open to the public where anybody could just come in and put their hands on food. Even though I paid for it I chose not to partake for sanitary reasons.

The staff, and housekeeping were very attentive! Especially when it came to requests for my toddler. When the interacted with her housekeeping was warm and kind. It's so appreciated!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was better than nothing. I didn't try the coffee and juice. But my colleagues told me, they were not tasted good. I brought my own tea bags. In one night, I was going to have some hot water to make a tea from cafeteria, I found that machine was shut off. I was not quite sure how much would save for this property not to provide hot water in the evening. Because it's closed to the airport, it was quite noisy. I had asked a relatively quiet room. But my room was just next to the elevator. Probably the staff had different understanding regarding "quiet".

This property is in a convenient location from LAX airport. To avoid daily traffic, I stayed 4 nights. I was told there was hotel shuttle from LAX terminals to this property by the airport staff. However, I'd waited almost 40 minutes, no even one shuttle carrying the sign of Super 8. Then I called the front desk of this Super 8 and was told no more shuttle after 6 pm. The taxi charge minimum $20 from LAX terminal to this property. After my check-in, the sign inside elevator notes "24-hours front desk and airport shuttle". What a joke.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Area seemed dangerous and staff locked themselves into lobby and room key had to be rebooted. Shuttle only runs 12 to 6.

It's a good value and location and safe had a one night stay there without any issue once I got into room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Buttons in the lift should be labelled. No electric kettle, no microwave-allowable container. Add These and I would give you a perfect score.

Breakfast room too small, not enough chairs, not much food variety. But helpful staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi on the 3rd floor was so weak. It was not possible to use Netflix. So sad about IT equipment in the room. Limited seats (6-8) on the breakfast time. Noise from jets around, even with earplugs.

Staff was ok, Room was good, Big bathroom.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The worst service ever!!!!! Your employee called Mike that works at night shift this week. He was so rude, unpolite and unkind. The worst service ever seen in my entire life. He wasn't rude only to us, but to others customers too. He also even close the door on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trying to ask about the elevator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never stay here again!!!! Thanks to us as a customer, Others staff and himself is getting paid and have a job!!!!!!!!!! They forget that!!!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Website said they had a shuttle, but it only runs 6 to 5 which is pretty much useless in LA. If I had known that I would've stayed at a different hotel

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't realize when booking that this hotel was in such a rough neighborhood. The man at the desk who checked me in was impatient even though no one was waiting and I was trying to manage a crying child. No help offered with bags even though it was obviously too much to handle by myself with an upset child. When asked about the airport shuttle I was told it was $10 per person and then was not given any more information. I took at Uber instead. Oh! And the "juice" at the continental breakfast was off-brand Tang, not actual juice. Bathtub had been repainted some time ago, but paint was peeling away. Rooms start at exactly the price featured on Booking.com.

The bed was comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was very old. Bath itself was complexity chipped and felt very dirty. Lighting was poor throughout the whole room which made it a little eery at night. Area felt a little unsafe and people yelling in the nearby rooms.

The room size was great for two people. The location was ideal if you were staying for a short stay near the airport, close to a few fast food places for dinner and some shopping too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's very hard to sleep because of the airplanes and also, people arriving/leaving anytime from/to the airport, with their luggage. So if you don't sleep like a rock, you'll wake up many times with noise. My room was just beside the elevator, so I woke up every time people used since they were talking.

Very convenient for 1 night prior your early flight at LAX airport. The room and restroom were clean, room is quite big, there's was a sofa where I could put my bag and a table as well. There's refrigerator, hairdryer and basic amenities. They can provide a transfer to the airport for USD10 (March/18)

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building can be noisy, if that bothers you. But that is to be expected of a wooden frame and plaster construction.

We got an unexpected upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi (or maybe it’s just one of the standard rooms?) and it was the perfect ending to our LA trip! The staff was super nice and free parking on the premises is a nice bonus! Wifi clocked in at 2mbit, fast enough for netflix in HD! Breakfast is served between 6 and 9 but we couldn’t be bothered to get up that early :) coin laundry and 7-11 a couple of blocks away and plenty of fast food places in the area.

Too much noise! And I am not talking about the airport being close by. I am talking about noises in the hotel. People walking around, bangings, etc. Also, I paid in cash the full amount of my stay when I checked in, and I still got a debit of one night on my credit card. I asked the front desk about it and was told it should be credited back within 10 to 15 business days. Why? If I paid cash in advance for the entire stay, why do they need to keep my money for such a long time?

I like the location as it is close to the airport, which is what i was looking for

This was my worst Super 8 experience among dozens of decent stays. A construction site work just nearby the hotel, a wifi that made me crazy, a fridge that wakes you up with its weird noise during sleep time, a reception officer that threaten you to leave the room after missing check out time by just 6 minutes. ENJOY YOUR STAY GUYS !

Just leaving this Super 8 knowing that I would not come again

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shuttle to airport charges at least $10 per person. Front desk person in the morning was not nice and professional: I asked whether there was some chocolate powder to make a hot chocolate and he simply just said no and came back to reading his book.

Clean, comfortable and close to LAX. Recently renovated. Also bus stop is very close so you don’t need a car (there is no free shuttle to airport). Many Lyft or Uber around also.

The bed (mattress) wasn’t all that comfortable and one shutter was not closing properly so the room was not dark at night.

The decor of the rooms. Very spacious and clean. Very nice bathrooms and big.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud. Aircrafts approach LAX above the hotel. People coming and going all night. The windows are poorly isolated. You hear the night watch‘s TV on the second floor...

Close to the airport. Clean. Free parking.

No Wardrobe & Poor Internet connection especially on 3rd level rooms towards the rear part of the building.

Bed was comfortable, room size was just nice for 3pax, except lacking wardrobe.

That we couldnt have a goodnight sleep, there was thugs and whores running up and down the corredor and screaming and banging on doors, i feel like i over payed for this hotel

It wal alright beds and the cleaness was alright

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking situation could be better because it is to open to everything. I also understand that hotels require a deposit but this hotel only accepts cash as a deposit. Imagine me trying to check in and having to find a ATM

The location to the airport is nice. It is a peaceful neighborhood as well. The price is very affordable and the rooms are nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was gas station pastries, frozen waffles and cereal. No choice for fresh food. They called to see when we would be leaving 30 minutes before checkout. The office was deabolted when we went down for breakfast

WiFi

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We extended one more night, but we couldn't get the same rate we booked, just a walk-in room rate.

Good location. Nice continental breakfast. Close to rental companies and LAX.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The invoice upon checking-in said that check out time was at noon, however I received a phone call at 10:30AM asking when i was going to check out since check out time was 11AM. When I brought this discrepancy up, the front desk simply said it was a mistake without offering any apology.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could hear EVERYTHING in the other rooms. There was a guy in the apartment above mine that was rebuilding the room, I don’t know he/she was making noises the WHOLE night

The hotel was good, free parking, slow but there was wifi and close to the LAX airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Got a shock Sunday night, the bed bugs come out of pillows in droves...saw a few spots in 2s and 3s on my face and hands. felt a few bits at the time whilst sleeping but never thought it would be bed bugs as bedding was changed every day. A friend visiting Sunday afternoon and stayed later than planned. as we watched the event online. (normally I would have been asleep by then. the laptop was on my bed.. I got on my bed to relax...then he looked and saw something crawling on the bed..I thought it was a baby roach, that came in under the door. He examined the bugs closely and said "its bed bugs"..then they started coming out form all the pillows and under the mattress,..I was Horrified...!.. I called the front desk to come and take a look.. The night staff (man) took over an hour before he showed up. He was quite casual about it and suggested switching me to another room. ( A housekeeping staff the day before suggested I stayed in room# 210 or 209 ). We took the picture and videoed them. (I guess the staffs knew about the bug issues.) It was almost midnight before the office staff gave me the key to the new room. I could not settle in the next room as I was watching out for bed bugs in that bed too..!! I got about 2 hrs sleep. The manager called the next morning and tried to accuse my friend of bringing the bugs..??!! , insinuated that perhaps the bug was on my clothes..??!! I told him my clothes were not on the bed, I have bed bug bites on my body and they are coming out of the Pillows and from around the mattress. I'm so glad my friend showed up as I had never experienced anything like this before. The manager told me he could not switch me to another room and wanted me to check out immediately and he'd refund me for next night...! My friend called and then came over to give me some moral support as " he witnessed the bugs coming out the pillows". I felt unwell and was wheezing...I had to take some antibiotics.

Room was modern, clean, microwave and fridge convenient

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great Hotel if you have to catch an early flight or arrive late in the evening, Close to the Airport. Typical Super 8, nothing special. Despite other comments, we felt safe so far.

I like the room it was bigger than expected. The hotel is newly renovated I was pleasantly surprised by this. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but they exceeded my expectations. The room is comfortable and nice, we slept soundly. The check-in is fast too!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Blood on my sheets the first night grossed me out so bad the manager gave me clean sheets to make my own bed and Before l checked out l asked maid if l could have the half empty box of Kleenex l used that was in my room due to a cold she said yes but when I got to the front desk the agent told me l can't keep the Kleenex and to leave it at front desk well I guess we have a shortage everywhere that was pretty much the same suckiest part of my trip

Comfy bed

The facility initially looks very dodgy. The area is dodgy but the room was perfect for an early flight out of LAX.

Room was adequate and beds were very nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- Breakfast was a joke and was located in the reception by unfolding some tables and chairs - Parking was awkward since the parking spaces were on the ground floor and the rooms above on the upper floors - Property could use a refurbishment. - For this quality, expensive - no good value - A lot of doggy people at the property and the area, do not stay there with kids - Staff was not too welcoming - Limited number of parking spaces, make sure to reserve one ahead, no street parking possible

- Location close to the airport - Bed was comfortable

Breakfast below expectations, just processed food. Internet with unstable connection and speed (highs and lows), maybe related to room location.

Family hotel, beautiful neighborhood.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

You'd expect an airport hotel to have a free and frequent airport shuttle, right? Well, not this hotel. It isn't free and it only runs by appointment during limited hours. We ended up renting a car to ensure we made our flight. We were initially given a room facing the street. The room itself was nice but there was far too much street noise because the rooms lack sound insulation. We asked to relocate to another room. The front desk agent wasn't friendly about it, but we were relocated to a much smaller room without street noise. Unfortunately, a group of noisy teens decided to have a loud party near our room. Their shouting and carousing in the hallways woke us up. We called the office and asked them to address the issue but they failed to do so. Given the questionable neighborhood (Inglewood isn't very good) and the fact that it was Friday night, we opted to stay in our room rather than confronting the noisy group. For the rate we paid, we expected a good night's sleep in a clean comfortable room and easy transportation to and from the airport. Instead, we ended up having to rent a car in order to make our flight on time and not getting a good night's sleep. To add insult to injury, the hotel didn't even credit us Wyndham points because we didn't book directly.

We got a clean and comfortable (although small) room, and the location was close to LAX airport. Parking was free.

they remodel the place so must change all sheets that is torn

my 3th time there shawn the manager is a very helpful and nice man big like place is clean good and free car parking

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We called the day before we arrived to book the hotel shuttle and was told to call when we landed. When we landed we were told it would be better to take a uber because the shuttle will take to long to get there.

Once on site , Friendly Accommodating staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stayed with my boyfriend. Got 3 worn out pillows on the bed, when we called and asked for more they said they were out. We got accused of smoking weed in the room. We are not smokers- they tried to kick us out. Made up a big lie about smoke coming out of the room when they opened the door. Then said there was smoke on the mirrors and windows. Just terrible. Liars and schemers.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Wi-Fi is not as strong as it probably could be or should be

This hotel is by far the best one I have stayed at in a long time extremely quiet and secure very clean fresh rooms very modern and the manager was nice enough to upgrade me to a better room I'm very appreciative

The hotel is located along the very popular West Century Boulevard with lots of restaurants and shopping a couple of blocks down the road. We always stay here when we fly into LAX or departing from LAX. She might not look like much from the outside but she's clean with a huge bathroom.

Location was central to the airport, however quite noisy with planes flying overhead every few minutes.

Free breakfast included pre-packaged baked goods and brewed coffee, would not say it was a full continental breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The surrounding area isn't great. It's fine to go to the corner restaurants for dinner but you don't want to be exploring around there. That would be the same for any airport hotel though.

Friendly staff. Easy check in. Big clean comfortable room. Great Wi-Fi. Waffles and coffee for breakfast.Airport shuttle was a private car. I would defiantly recommend staying here.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived at about 10pm and we were given the special access room right next to the main road and opposite the main entrance. We booked a normal double room but found the special room very noisy and not very private, although it was spacious. We would avoid this room (101) next time. Breakfast was very disappointing and amounted to basic convenience food with small paper cups for coffee and plastic cutlery.

Location to LAX is great. Parking is very convenient. Good checkout time of 12 noon.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was smelling like a marijuana farm. We were listening to a knocking noise from the roof all night, did not have a good nights sleep and that’s what you wish for in an airport motel. Airport shuttle expensive, use uber or lyft! Price should not be more than 60$ for this room.

Close to LAX, clean room tho it STINKS of weed! Didn’t like much.

The safety lock on main room door was broken and unusable. There was no safety bar on sliding glass door leading to balcony shared with adjacent room. Staff shrugged shoulders at this and said, "Don't worry. It just looks like the "hood" around here but it really isn't."

The manager made racial slures towards a Hispanic family in line behind me housekeepers were rude bed bugs were present microwave did not work the heat blew cold air limited hot water slow Wi-Fi etc.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Something noisy because of the proximity to the airport, but that is known before booking. We had problems the second day with the key to enter the room. It took like 20 minutes to activate it again.

Good value for money. Clean motel. Comfortable bed. Breakfast included good but quite simple.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls are super thin, you can hear your neighbors pretty well. Luckily, all my neighbors did was take a very late night shower. Also, the airplanes start to fly over the hotel around 4:30am which woke me up every time.

The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the staff was nice. Shuttle to the airport costs $10 per person.

The owners were a bit rude when we booked it said there was a jacuzzi but they said no and gave us a regular room. Fraud!!!

The location was very close to our destination

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very loud area, unfriendly staff and you could hear every single guest in that hotel talking. Couldn't sleep at all and I checked out exhausted.

Clean, comfy bed, easy parking, close from LAX.

We stayed in a king size bed room we also had a balcony which was a bonus. Only issue i had was the light out in the balcony could not get turned off. So all night the bed room was extremely bright, but other then that. It was very clean and updated. Very comfy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The little ants all over the things on the sink. The coffee in the room. But the staff was quick to make sure it was taken care of. No discount was offered.

The renovation was decent and the beds and pillows were super soft and comfy. I love the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave. Flat screen tv and a wide variety of channels. Staff was kind.

We couldn’t get into our room, the door was jammed we had to wait for staff to go back and forth trying to fix it. Asked for another room but they were booked so we had to wait and our dinner got cold. But it was fixed and guy was nice about it. Room was kind of cramped and lighting was not great.

Nice clean room, big bathroom and the beds were very comfy. The waffles served were very tasty. Free parking is a plus.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is conveniently located near LAX and the area around that airport is very bad. Hotel itself was safe, well lighted and had security.

Free breakfast and proximity to LAX.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where to start.... The staff at check in was incompetent. It shouldn't take 20 minutes per person to check someone in. Unacceptable. The shuttle they offer...it's an extra $10 dollars to LAX. You can take an Uber for $7 and actually get there on time. It doesn't say there is a fee in the description of shuttle online so it's very misleading. The noise level is unbearable. You can hear cars as they drive by, airplanes going into lax all night long, people talking outside....I had to wear ear plugs to get any sleep. They don't have blinds for the rooms. The shutters they have are a joke and block very little light into the room. Again, I had to wear an eye mask to fall asleep. Sure, the location to LAX is nice at 3.3 miles away, but for the money and quality this place is not worth it. Especially if you're having to pay $20 round trip for a shuttle, you can use that money and stay at a better place.

The room was actually modernized, has hardwood floors. You can tell they at least put a little effort into the rooms.

The surrounding neighborhood, had lots of homeless people. Breakfast did not have any meats or eggs.

The rooms were comfortable, free parking, located near the airport, friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location was not the best. Didn't really feel that it would be safe to walk around at night.

The location to the airport was convenient. The rooms were adequate for the price and the breakfast was ok. We caught a taxi from the airport but were able to catch a bus the next day to pick up a hire car.

The bathroom had ants, not many but just enough for me to notice. The iron board is really old when I ironed my son's pants the wires from the board made a pattern on the pants. Breakfast was very limited, only cereal, waffles and toast for $100+ a night I would have expected at least some fruit.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were very nice and comfy. There was very little "outside" noise so we were able to sleep very well. There is plenty of parking and even though it's not in the best neighborhood it felt safe to be in inside the property.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was just a worktop equipped with take away food and drinks. Not ideal if you have a huge breakfast in mind.

Bedroom was comfortable and clean. Not a noise from the near airport honestly! Staff was alright: the guy at the check in was not willing to give too many infos not to let me book the shuttle to the airport, which I did not like, however the next morning the guy was so helpful and nice he actually stopped the taxi which was almost to leave with already 2 customers and asked if he could give me a lift and split the bill in 2. done and dusted. amazing.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paper thin walls made it difficult to get any amount of sleep. Could hear everything outside of room & inside hotel like other guests walking, running the water, flushing toilets, etc. Water pipe system is extremely loud throughout hotel. Bed was very hard & uncomfortable. Hair in coffee maker

Convenience to LAX

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not really the fault of the hotel per se. Building structure is pretty thin so noise from guests outside and parking the car carries through. Location is in flight path, so noise from planes overhead can be quite loud until midnight.

Good value for cost. Room is super clean and well-equipted, including fridge, micro, iron. More than you would expect at the price. Bed was very comfortable, shower had good pressure.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only one thing is not good in a way as they hold the money on my debit card n still not released yet don't know y so I need the money

Everything was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff... dealt with two over the phone and they were not helpful and very mean.... and during checkin staff was very slow and not helpful in answering questions discouraging me when asked questions. Will not be recommending or staying there ever again

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We selected this motel near the airport because it was supposed to have a shuttle. It turns out the shuttle does not operate in the evening. Also there is a charge for the shuttle whereas in most hotels it is free. This was not clear from the website. The airport taxi was very unpleasant because he didn't want to go to a destination so close to the airport. In total (taxi+shuttle) we payed 55$ for hotel/airport transfer. Taking this into consideration, I believe we could have found a similar motel WITH a shuttle that would have been a better deal.

The room was confortable and fairly large.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No business center...computer broken...front desk person wanted me to walk down block To western union office to check in for flite..??? Really???? Told him they charge for computer use?? His answer was "thought it was free" unsat!!!!!

Location.....

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel is one and a half hours by bus from downtown LA. The area around it is rundown and the roads are busy and noisy. Planes using the airport add to the noise. The rooms are not dark at night. Without a car, it is not a good location.

Despite the plain exterior, the rooms have been refurbished and are clean and comfortable. The motel is an easy shuttle ride from the airport. Checking in and out was easy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude, and the neighborhood is extremely ruff. Also our room was infested with ants. It was trails of them leading into the electric sockets and on the shower walls yet they didnt do anything about it.I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there due to safety reasons.

The room was clean with the exception of ants. They even changed the shower curtain each day.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When you're this close to LAX you'll ear planes coming to land... a lot! Went to near by BK and kinda rough people around but hotel facilities looked safe.

Good size room, clean with confortable bed. Free parking and good internet. Close enough to the LAX

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk clerk insisted on making a photocopy of my credit card. He said this was the hotel's policy to protect them against clients who blocked payment. Credit card fraud is a major problem in the US and this practice worries me.

The continental breakfast was not much of a breakfast. There were pastries, waffles, and some cereal; but not much variety. It provided a quick snack, at best. If you want something more filling, you should go elsewhere. But it would do in a pinch. The fact that it was close to the airport was a little bit of a problem, but not intolerable. We were on the uppermost level and could hear the airplanes landing, but once we turned on the AC, it drowned out a lot of the noise. I suppose the location was not something they could really do anything about and in fact, that is why we chose it....to be close to the airport, so can't really complain. The neighborhood is a little rough, but again, its what we chose to be close to the airport and for the price, it was worth it.

Check in was very easy. The staff member on duty was friendly and helpful. I was glad that I had read other reviews and knew beforehand that there was a $100 cash deposit required at check in. It was returned upon checking out of the motel. The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The room was well supplied with towels and toiletries. The fact that it had a microwave and fridge was especially helpful, especially to keep water during the very warm weather. Whenever we needed more towels, all I had to do was ask at the front desk. They supplied them quickly and cheerfully. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day throughout our stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside of the building still looks like a dodgy motel and the building is located in an iffy neighbourhood. Grateful for the Uber that brought me straight to the door esp. as I was arriving at night as a single woman.

The interior of the rooms was nicely renovated.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were unfriendly. This property, despite being an "airport accommodation" does not offer any form of late check-out for guests. Check out is at 12 strictly, for guests with later flights I would not recommend. Another problem with this accomodation is that upon entry to our room it was hot and not air conditioned, and a horrible odour was through the room. The facilities in the lobby (juice machine, coffee machines) also were not attended or refilled. Overall would not recommend, we ended up going to Travelodge down the road for the day which is much more pleasant!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to take an uber and the area

I had to pay for an uber being I got in at 10pm. The area is not so good but man are the rooms beautiful and clean. The price great and the cable channel selection is really good too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like this motel for its convenience and cleanliness, as a motel relatively close to LAX. their policy about an airport shuttle is very misleading, however. They have no shuttle, although it says they do on booking.com and other sites--and even on a sign in the elevator.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is what you advertise on your website: Most popular facilities Free parking Airport shuttle Free WiFi Non-smoking rooms Family rooms Facilities for disabled guests When I arrived at the airport I waited for the shuttle bus which did not came so I called the hotel just to learn that the shuttle only runs until 8pm. I would not have booked that place because I knew I would not make this with my flight plan. I had to take a taxi which cost me $20. I kindly request reimbursement for that expense. Thank you for your consideration.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's noisy. You get street noise, people wheeling their bags across the slates on the walkways, cars parked underneath the rooms are noisy when coming and going, and there was an annoying hum from the fridge in the room. Also some hotel guests were less than sensitive in terms of shouting at one another. Tiny threadbare towels, a pillowslip smelling distantly of bleach. I guess you get what you pay for. It was OK for one night, but I was very glad to leave.

The wifi was adequate. The bed was comfortable enough and the room was clean, though if you pulled furniture away from the wall there was plenty of dust. Larger fridge than usual in a room like this.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The reception is small and over-air conditioned. It was not an ideal place to eat breakfast. There was not enough seating at times for the number of guests taking the meal. The staff were not in a hurry to ensure the guests were comfortable.

A small room but clean. A well frequented, popular place. There is an elevator to the floors above and it was quiet considering how busy it was. Breakfast was included and it was pretty good with choice of cereals, milk, coffee, tea and bread. The breakfast is served in the reception room. There are shops and fast food restaurants near-by.