Reviews of Motel 6 Glendale WI This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

5485 North Port Washington Road, Glendale, WI 53217, United States of America

#2 of 2 hotels in Glendale

5.7

5.1

4.7

5.5

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

A Motel like that should not be allowed to be in business!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The overall service was a complete disaster. I will never stay there again.

This place was terrible. It was filthy and to top it all off, they tried to over charge me for the total price that I booked the room for. A very bad experience!

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

It cost my family two weeks pay for a employee dumb prank.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A gentleman working at the hotel stated he faxed some paperwork but I later learned he lied.Playing with some one money is more than a cruel joke. Turns out the machine was never in working order.

Value and location.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Travelodge
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It's not near anything and everyone doesn't have am a car. They want $30 for the dog and $50for a deposit so when I went online to make my reservation I didn't know that I was going to need an extra $80. My reservation said $113.66 for two days and when I got here it was $193 not $113.

The rooms are nice but it's way too much money and then it's not close to anything. The restaurant is also expensive. They have a laundry facility that is of reasonable price.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

The location to a variety of restaurants, the mall and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

That it was under construction and the room I was in lacked details, ex outlet covers, paint smeared on window inside room door. Also no screens in window, a small child could fall out. Not as pictured in website.

The location to a variety of restaurants, the mall and express way.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Dirty Carpeting, No Ice, Noisy Rooms

Room looked clean until I dropped something on the floor and saw how awful the carpet looked along the base of the bed. Filthy...looked like it had not been vacuumed in months. Then when I went to the side of the bed nearest the bathroom wall, I discovered a snickers candy bar which had been squished by someone’s foot. The knob pull for the shower facuet was missing. The third night there I was startled by the whining noise of the high efficiency washer in the quest laundry room Next to my room 117. At 1:45 am, again at 3:340 and at 5 am I was awakened by this obnoxious and disturbing noise. When I complained to the gal at the front desk, she said there was nothing she could do about it. If guests come in at 2am an want to wash, this room is open to them. I said said that I was rudely awakened three different times during the evening. She said that there was nothing she could do....Then two different nights there was no ice.... I began asking at 6 pm one evening about the ice machine and was assured that it was just in the process of making more ice and be patient... I asked every hour until 10 pm..no ice and a great lack of empathy for this situation... next night no ice..I was ready to check out..but a guest just checking in said she’d get a bag and I gave her $2.00 for ice.

Location and price

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

The website indicated Jacuzzi in room so we asked for a King with Jacuzzi (that is why we specifically wanted to stay there). Got there and was told Jacuzzis were removed a long time ago. Window was broken and couldn't be locked closed (on first floor!). Room door was loose and you could see in by the lock. Bathroom door wouldn't close. Didn't sleep because didn't feel safe. Hotel gave us a $4 discount because no jacuzzi. The entire hotel appeared run-down on the inside.

We lived to see the next morning - a miracle!

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

pretty much what I expected for the rate

its a bit run down

you get what you pay for, first night there was a water leakage, next day moved to another room which was ok, bottom line I knew what I was getting and probably will go back again, location is quite safe

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Felt disrespected for having us in the dead middle of construction to rooms
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They placed me on the 2nd floor during renovations which were in the rooms on the sides of my room loud drills and hammers from early morning till around 7 pm smelling marijuana from the door through the hall up to my room

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

For one night, I got what I paid for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard, tv channels didn't work, toilet was loud and filthy, tub was filthy, towels wasn't clean at all had to go buy my own from Walgreens.

Price you get what you paid for.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to go asks for towels and clean sheets and blankets for the bed and the TV did not work the entire time I was there and the toilet rocked and moved when I sat on it. And when I asked for clean towels I was told that they didn't have any until the morning after house keeping comes in!

Parking

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Horrible Experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no door on the bathroom, elevator was out and we were on the 3rd floor, dirty sheets and roaches.

There was nothing I liked about this property

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Roaches check in, and stay!

The slums would have been a better choice than this flea bag hotel, the roaches check in and stay. The beds are over 20 years old, two box springs on top of one another, the carpet is filled with urine and who know what else, and the plaster on the walls are crumbling. I hope that one is getting the overview of this disaster. Spoke to the GM, and he is happy for is BMW 7 series and four homes, no wonder his hotels are slums.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

How nasty and dirty the room and tub were. Carpet was dirty wall paper were missing.

My room door was open when I got my key. The carpet was nasty and smell the walls were nasty the bathtub was dirty.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

I will never stay again

The room was horrible not what is shown in pic.the room smelled of urine light was broken door was falling apart. It was motel from hell

I liked the area it was in the restaurants were super close

• Reviewed: September 6, 2017

Customer service really good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Ice machine broken on both floors and elevator not working. They took away the do not dosturb signs making it feel less private.

Great price amd pet friendly. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

This was not a pleasant stay.

Did not like the entire stay. I got no sleep my first two nights there because people were loud throughout all the night, some of the guests were arguing with the staff in the middle of the night. Also staff was not able to keep the hallways quiet as parents weren't responsible enough to keep their kids from running up and down the hallways. The rooms weren't all that great as they felt like a small unpleasant space that did not give out a pleasant aura. It smelled in the hallways and in the room. I am not sure if they had carpet issues or what, but the had a machine dryer that was drying the hallway carpet and had it next to my door and kept it running all evening and all night, on top of all the other noise. I also booked a second floor with one of the jacuzzis in it and was placed on the first floor and they had said they were sold out of the rooms with the jacuzzi in it. I know they were sold out because I booked the last available room with a jacuzzi in it but apparently they gave it to someone else after I got my confirmation which wasn't right. I ended up checking out 3 days early to go somewhere else to stay because I was totally not satisfied.

Pillows were comfortable. That is about it.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Not clean
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The apperance and the fact it was dirty.

Very dirty motel, the rooms were very uncomfortable and not clean, has bugs crawl straight from outside in. Carpet in the hall was filthy.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Overall the stay was good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and halls had a odor to it and the rooms needs to be repainted and install new carpets and so on.

Love the price and location.Also the internet is a decent speed

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

Major disappointment!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property in need of major remodel! For example, poor beds, cheap choice in furniture, wallpaper falling off wall, dark space, food under the bed, poor cleanliness to name some issues.

Location was perfect!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2017

German fest trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The overall condition of the building was poor. But rooms were clean

The location was easy to get to but parking was difficult. My stay was comfortable and the staff was very polite.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Wish I could have got my money back

My toilet ran my room smell of mildew wallpaper coming off the wall staff arguing in front of the guest and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was terrible

there were a lot of places to eat around the motel

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

They need to overhaul the rooms here.

Room smelled like mildew. Bathroom smelled of fresh cigarette smoke. Wallpaper peeling from the walls. Door had to be slammed shut to close it. Damaged walls, huge indents. Bathroom floor constantly had water collected around the toilet. Sink leakes from base of faucet. Plaster falls from the ceiling above the window when ever the kids would run the upstairs hallway.

Price. Staff was friendly

Avoid housing rentals at murder 6. No light on for your safty

Price and location You need a alert to any hotel where people are living as residents I will NEVER stay here again since there are a number of low income tenants staying at this property Had 4 police cars roll into the parking lot at 7:00 am one morning

Gross but close
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Stained carpets, old television, filty remote, burns in comforter and carpets, wallpaper was peeling at seems. One wall lamp. Can't believe the regular rate was $200.

Close to expressway and summer fest

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Glad we just sleep and shower.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were never made, the room needed major updates. The bathroom floor seemed like it could fall in. Had to ask for towels.

The Beds WeRE Comfortable. Easy access to highway location. The staff was very friendly.

Do not stay here untles you pay $5/night for the room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wall paper was peeling off the walls all over the room, Light Switch cover broken in bathroom. The room smelled like bleach and was turned down to 61 degrees. There was BLOOD Spattered on the Bathroom Walls by the Toilet, also on the floor. Sorry the photos are in every direction

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Inexpensive is not always the best way to go.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not all of the light fixtures worked in the room. The ones near the bed did not. In addition, the outlet near the TV was missing a cover, so it was not really safe to use. That being said, there was only one other outlet on one side of the bed, making charging of phones difficult. The room smelled like cigarette smoke. While it may have been labeled non-smoking, it was clear it was used for smoking and never truly cleaned (new carpet or drapes perhaps) to remove the smoke smell. As a result my allergies acted up and I was not able to fully breathe to sleep. The quantity of towels in the room was inadequate. The room was a double bed, booked for two adults. We had towels for one person to start. The hallway carpeting was stained, and really did not look good. The hotel common areas smelled musty - like there may have been a water leak at some point. The rear entry door to the hotel had broken glass in the lower half, and the floor was always full of water as you entered, making it unsafe.

The staff was very nice, courteous and willing to help, when requested. Always smiling.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

you get your money worth but thats it.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nobody would pick up their dog crap.

The room was clean but had odor when i enter, cleared up after i open the window. The T.V. was a peace of crape. The door would not shut when leaving room, you had to pull on it for it to lock.

Don't do it!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor, bedding and walls were covered in stains. The wallpaper was coming off. Plus the shower didn't work. The layout out of the room was strange where the sink was right but the front door. The beds were small too.

Checking out

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Poor quality maintain building. Needs to invest in new bed linen. Wash the floors, dust, clean carp

Roaches in the room when entered. A bad smell in the room. Beding torn. Floors dirty. Remodel rooms. Very poor job. Poor quality.

The cost. Location

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hallway carpets were filthy, room smelled of mildew, shower handle was broken and nearly fell off in my hand, TV was ancient and all channels came through fuzzy, the mattress was due to be replacement, and the towel were old and thin. Most of the people staying there appeared to paying by the month or by the hour, if you get my drift.

Not much.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

It wasn't ideal.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was horribly filthy, facilitated by dirt and grime, my room was given away and I kept getting keys leading into occupied rooms (embarrassing), I didn't want to sleep on the bed but was so tired, I took the risk. Only used the facilities twice and fasted with minimal fluids, and the room smelled like moisture and stale juice in carpet mixed with dirt.

I didn't die or get anything contagious.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Keep looking for a better choice, even if you have to pay more.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The carpet was filthy, the room smelled, the a.c. ran very loud, the hair dryer was ripped from the wall, one of the lights did not work, the parking spots were very narrow and people did not park between the lines which left few spaces available, the hotel lobby was filled with mattresses when I arrived, ice was only available on the 3rd floor and the first night it was not available, the a.c. did not cool it just blew air, when I asked for a hairdryer they said they didn't have any yet I saw them in another room, the pillows were very very old.

The location was where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Poor stay

Check in area uninviting , young males hanging around entrance giving a sense of uneasiness. At first room appeared clean but cigarette burns on comforter peeling wallpaper in bathroom,and carpet unvacuumed at edges,no alarm clock. I would not stay again nor recommend it too anyone.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

I and my pups will do it again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rear doors did not have a great acceptance of the entry cards. It needs a little maintenance to accept the cards easier.

The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The bathroom was very clean and new. The floors are all new wood floors so with your dog it is no problem. The people at the desk were very friendly and took time to talk to you not at you. The building was an older construction, but they have it painted by their employees, so it is not done by a very exact markings but is great for the prices they charged. I only slept there and watched TV, so what else do you need?

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Do yourself a favor and pay a little extra to stay somewhere else

This place is a total dump. My bathroom door was rotted. The ceiling in the shower looked like it was going to fall down at any moment.The wall paper was peeling off. The main light by the bed didn't work. There were also some pretty shady looking people hanging around there.

Nothing. This place is a dump.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Convenient & excellent price
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds could've been a bit more comfortable. I was there for 2 days and no one cleaned my room or brought me new towels.

The staff was exceptional very professional, efficient, and pleasant!

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

The room was very old and the walls were peeling.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very old and the walls were peeling. The bathroom floor was sinking and when you stepped on it it felt like it was going to fall through. The whole motel smelled very bad. Not clean at all.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Nice Economical Facility
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice location near the Bay Shore shopping area. Vast selection for food, shopping, etc. The staff was knowledgeable and quite helpful with directions to Milwaukee area attractions. I was in the area for the NCAA Men's Basketball Regional Tournament.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

It was alright for the price
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had problems with my key to my room,some of the staff didn't know how to explain new rules to guests. Too many young people smoking marijuana and irate staff front desk. I was very upset when I returned from family outing and told in a very unprofessional way I had to register again because I was gone to long and she didn't know where we went. I had my daughter and her two small children. I may consider my stay again at motel but unlikely

I liked the location of the motel,price and comfort. Ms T Gates worked the front desk. She was polite and friendly

• Reviewed: December 18, 2016

Good place to stay at an affordable price.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Peanuts are 1.75 in the vending machine which seems really high priced.

It was quiet and clean. Easy to get to and close to where I needed to be early in the morning.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Very friendly staff.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room despirately needed painting. Peeling paint near sink, crayon and magic marker residue on walls. Staines and cigarette burns on bedspreads, poorly fitting window screens let mosquitos in.

Location very near interstate highway exit.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

Unprofessional Personnel

The housekeeping staff totally ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign on door knocking disturbing me at 9am and check-out time is not until 11am. Rude!!!

The location that's all.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

Do not stay here

First room had a leak, second room they put us in had a used condom in the trash can, dirty wash rag and never flushed the toilet, scared to find out what else was never cleaned. Came back to the hotel to find 3 cop cars outside. Don't want to give it a 2.5 more like .5 or 0

Nothing at all, terrible experience

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

Needs this remodeling very badly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds are very old, carpet extremely soiled. No breakfast, area very old and not very inviting.

Convenient to Lake Park where I was teaching. Good shower. They were in process of remodeling.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2016

Not the worst place I've stayed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

* The hotel overall was rundown, thus giving it a... * Shady vibe. * Small parking lot (a bit problematic if it's sold out like it was the weekend we stayed. Can be difficult to maneuver into/out of in larger vehicles). * Damp room. Carpet was damp. bed linens were damp, the air was damp. It was just... Damp. * Housekeeping came at 9am (8:30 for our friend downstairs), and said "I'll just come back, I'll just come back" as I opened the door. 8:30am (and 9:00) is a bit early on a weekend, if you ask me (especially if checkout is at 11am). * Housekeeping never came back. * Small holes in our room's walls. * Half of the security cameras on the screen at the front desk did not have a signal.

* Front desk staff were nice. * Location was convenient to where we needed to be (by the Bayshore Town Center for a small gaming convention). * Plenty of nearby restaurants / coffee shops. * Room AC worked. * Elevator worked. * Shower head was nice. * Hotel Management responded to this review on another travel site, so that good. Overall, our stay was okay. I agree with the individual who mentioned that this motel is okay as a "last resort," which is what this hotel was. This Motel 6 is currently undergoing some renovations, so perhaps in a few months or so, it'll improve. Even with that in mind, I doubt I'll stay here again, unless I absolutely have to.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

Good Glendale motel gone bad!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Environment/no smoking hotel however heavy Marijuana smell on floor! Hookers and drug dealers in parking lot!! Filthy carpet in the hallways; Bed covers with cigarette burns; burns on toilet seat and bathtub!!! Did I forget the peeling wallpaper?

Location/Cleaning staff

• Reviewed: August 11, 2016

Avoid this place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mold in room. There was a leak on second floor recently. Carpet in my room was wet and smslly, halls were full of construction material and. Staff was a joke, wouldn't even give me an extra pillow. They were slow and had an I don't care attitude.The parking lot was always full of less than ideal people. Entery way and hallways always smelled like pot.

Location is fairly good.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

Horrible Getto Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was in horrible condition. Carpet stains everywhere, torn wall paper everywhere, food stains on Walls - disgusting hotel with poor service. Don't stay here.

Only positive is they had the room available.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

A bargain?

Room was dirty. Hole in bathroom door, missing tiles, broken sink. Paper thin walls.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

every thing was terrible never will go back there again

everything

did not like anything everything about it everything was terrible and nasty.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Not quite satisfied with this stay as compared to others

The guest above me made a lot of noise between 1am and 3 am.Room 207. The light above the sink was burned out.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

New Televisions better beds

The bed the smell of the room

New Televisions better beds

Nice room, soft bed. Clean,

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

No frills experience
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hair on the sheets as others reported, but otherwise good for a solo traveler for a night.

No frills experience

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Just what I needed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Easy to access friendly staff clean

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

My stay

Elevator didn't work

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Pleasant
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

You have to have your guest show ID

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

I give this motel a 0
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This place is awful. Do not go here. Holes in walls, water damage in ceiling, Smokey so bad that I had an asthma issues.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

The slums of Glendale
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In need of a total renovation, and the room service is none.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

It was great and convenient

It was great and convenient

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

They offer hottubs in selected rooms

Rooms book fast

They offer hottubs in selected rooms

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

It was nice room could have been cleaner
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't fully clean dresser draws were dirty

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Enjoyed my stay

Enjoyed my stay

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

The staff was very respectful
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was a lil nosey but it was ok

The staff was very respectful

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

It is like a sleeping in a manger

Smells like a barn

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Horrible place I will never stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast, workers have attitudes just horrible

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

The slums of Glendale, WI

There was no daily room service!

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

It was a place to sleep.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Horrible staff with rules I've never heard of from other hotels and I've stayed in Milwaukee before.

It was a place to sleep.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Would never stay here again

Property was dirty and run down. A lot of shady people wandering around outside the property.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Terrible

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Enter at your own risk!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No daily room service, housekeeping.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

I will never stay again

Noise,room was outdated

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Not a good place to stay

Room door was broken and paint was coming off wall plus couldn't sleep for noise upstairs

Lady at front desk was nice

Browse Motel 6 Glendale WI Traveler Photo Gallery