Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Albuquerque East 2 stars

450 Paisano Street Northeast , Albuquerque, NM 87123, USA

#94 of 123 hotels in Albuquerque

The manager Samantha was so awesome helping me and I am very...

The manager Samantha was so awesome helping me and I am very greatful for she did for me , she went over and beyond! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I am forever greatful!!!! Thank you AMIE M

Adequate value for your money in Albuquerque
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room cleaning was hit or miss didn’t always empty the ashtrays and didn’t always have clean towels.

Conveniently located off the I -40 ample parking. Enjoyed watching the Prairie dogs and the Road Runner. Plenty of restaurants conveniently located to the hotel.

My favorite place to stay while in town.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Random strangers knocking on our door all night.. the door handle kept wiggling as if they were attempting to enter our room. Asked for extra pillows but did not receive them.

I like the comfy beds & warm blankets.. the a/c was extra cold just how we like it.

It was okay. We were comfortable

No pillows on beds when we arrived. Coffee maker was dirty ,old coffee pod inside. We had told front office personal that beds didn't need to get changed as we were staying another night, but bathroom didn't get cleaned and trash wasn't thrown away.

It was good for the price that we payed. Would stay there again

Pleasant...

Too secluded, had to go within neighborhood to get to hotel...BUT there were restaurants AND a Starbucks. So.. it makes up for it 😊

Like mentioned, there was a Starbucks and Olive Garden. Two of my favorite places to go and eat..

It was in the right location at the right time.

No protein for breakfast. My diabetic body can’t do carbs only in the morning.

It was in the right location at the right time. Bed was comfortable enough for a good night’s sleep

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

No cash payments allowed, credit cards only even though...
    • King Room - Smoking

No cash payments allowed, credit cards only even though there is no option to pay in advance of arrival. Also, the desk clerk wanted to charge tax on top of the agreed Booking.com price.

The view and the bed was comfortable

The tiny bathroom, the tub was dirty, need upgrades immediately, smoke, sink about to fall down! No pool, parking is not the best.

The view and the bed was comfortable

Extremely tiring due to lack of sleep.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We stayed on the second floor of three for 2 nights. Both nights we were woken about 1 am by thumping footsteps and creaking boards above us and it continued until after 3 am. We were disappointed that there is no refrigerator or microwave in the room, yet I suppose that was my fault for not checking prior to booking.

The elevator

Would not recommend

It was not clean. My reservation was changed. I asked for two rooms ended up with one. Location was bad. When I asked to have extra towels taken up nothing was brought. When I asked ft. Or a roll away bed it was not set up. It was left out side the door. No house clean we had piles of trash. The lights did not work. Air conditioning dud not work room was hot. Drawers where broken. No breakfast. Just cereal, coffee, toast. No ice machine. They charged my card twice. They called me that they were going to cancel my reservation because my card did not go through before I checked in.

Pros and cons.

The king size bed was way too hard. Had to buy an egg crate cover, to make the bed a little softer.

The price was really good. $115 for a three night stay, very pleased. Staff was very pleasant as well.

Lack of info!

Being a resident of Albuquerque, where this super 8 is located, causing us to need a 100$ cash deposit. Even more so the lack of that information in the reserving process. This may be because. Of junkies taking advantage of the hotel/motels. But there needs to be more info given in these online reservations.

I am sure the rooms are nice.

Better than other Super 8 hotels

The swimming pool was not very clean and rather small--just a big tub, perfect for a bunch of children to splash around, but not for adults wanting to swim a bit. There were several minor issues--the light in the bathroom did not turn on properly, the microwave did not function.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large enough for a long stay. The shower was nice.

Ok for a couple of hours sleep .

Area you wouldn't walk at night. Room very basic. Pillows were awful, only one each and shower was not even worth turning on

Close proximity to freeway

Super 8 Albuquerque N.M.

It was very affordable, I loved my king size bed I slept very comfortable. Thank you to everyone, the office staff and the ladies cleaning my room - Maria gracias, you did a great job! I loved how my room smelled when I came back from sight seeing. 👍🤗 Thanks again

I liked it very much, there's restaurants like Olive...

I liked it very much, there's restaurants like Olive Garden walking distance, fast foods like Jack in the box, Taco Bell, MC Donald's, Peter Piper Pizza, some stores like Big Lots, a green Wal-Mart, Ross, but I was very satisfied that there were so many places to go... some closer others about 5 to 10 minutes away - not bad. I had a good trip, the hotel had continental breakfast that consisted of cereal, oat meal, waffles - make your own ...lol... hot coffee, milk, toast. Thank you to all the staff

Super 8 Albuquerque, New Mexico

I loved my room - the bed was very comfortable, I slept like a baby. I loved my breakfast, I had a waffle, some oatmeal, a cup of coffee and some yougurt throught my stay. I want to send a hooray out to Julia, and Tinky I loved talking to them and want to thank them for their help, and great customer service. Keep up the good work, you're Awesome! 😀L.A.

We went to wash our clothes in the laundry room but...

We went to wash our clothes in the laundry room but couldn't use the washer as the manager was washing her clothes in it. There was no washing powder either.

The rates were very low.

Incredibly dirty. Stains and gunk on the walls and ceiling. The toilet moved every time I sat on it. There was debris on the floor and under the bed. Seemed like food, but hard to tell. The staff was fairly nice, but not very attentive.

The rates were very low. The AC worked well.

everything was dirty; carpet, sheets, walls and restrooms. Then non smoking area reeked of smoke. The lady who checked us in was rude and seemed annoyed to help us out.

Okay Stay, but would not stay again

The room was small and felt cramped. The bed had no walking room on the side nearest the wall. My feet were black from walking barefoot on the carpet.

The staff was friendly. The outside of the motel was well taken care of, and the location was convenient.

Soo disappointed, would never stay there again.

It was dirty, the bed had a bad dip in the middle so my hubs and I kept bumbing into each other all night and it was super freakin hot. It took about till one in the morning to finally be cool enough to sleep.

The manager gave us back the money that we would have spent on the second night had we stayed.

You get what you pay for!

Curtains on the bed that needed to be put up. Between the front desk lady and I we got them up. She offered me another room but the bathtub looked worse (old and yellowing). Then I realized as I was about to take a bath that there was no stopper for the tub. So once again, we went on a search for that as well and was finally able to find one. There were only two plugs by the TV so either I charged my phone and computer with having to unplug the light that was needed or find some other work around.

The front desk staff very willing to help/customer service. The breakfast was satisfactory.

Worst hotel experience ever!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Broken window in first room, second room infested with bed bugs and cockroaches. Would not refund room after we stayed a total of 20 mins in both rooms.

Location, that was it.

Oh no! Whats that. A spiderrrr..

Only one luggage cart, also that the wheels should be greased or changed its hard to Maneuver.

Lady at night very friendly amd inviting. Breakfast was decent especially with 2 kids traveling with us.

nice clean and convienient to interstate, needs a little check up, but could be very nice.

there seemed to be a lot of "mechanical issues" someone was complaining at the desk as we arrived then we had the room that would not lock, and the new room with limited light and fan in the bathroom,

the rooms were lovely, but our door would not lock so we could not leave the room, were changed to another where the bathroom fan did not work and the AC was LOUD. beds were nice. breakfast good.

There are accidents waiting to happen at the entrance.

There are accidents waiting to happen at the entrance. My wife sgumbled over un.arked curb and fell flt barely miisin a pipe extended 5 inches from the surface of the cement. Bruises and scrapes occurred. Had she hit the pipe it could have killed her. Big lawsuit would have followed. Certainly would not meet any safety rehulation. Site gets a ln F- for safety.

Great Location; disappointed in cleanliness
    • King Room - Smoking

The room was nasty; when my husband sat on the chair with a cushion an insect crawled on him; when we lifted the cushion we found trash, food, crumbs... Pretty gross... we stayed after we inspected to make sure there were no bed bugs. The mattress had no mattress pad and the carpet was nasty enough that in some areas our shoes stuck to it.

The location was good

STAFF WAS NICE.

I HAD ROOM 101 WHICH WAS RIGHT NEXT TO STAIRS TO SECOND FLOOR, AND ALSO A DOOR LEADING TO PARKING LOT. ALL NIGHT LONG DOORS WERE SLAMMING. THE WALLS ARE THIN, SO YOU COULD HEAR ARGUING IN 102, AS WELL AS THEIR TV BLARING. I GOT ABOUT 2 HOURS OF SLEEP AND MY DOG WAS VERY SCARED OF ALL THE NOISE.

STAFF WAS NICE. EASY ACCESS TO COFFEE, ICE, VENDING.

Staff was friendly and room was comfortable for a one-night...

Cigarette smoke from outside carried inside. It was fine in the room, but the hallways had a faint smell. Continental breakfast was very basic.

Staff was friendly and room was comfortable for a one-night stay

I would book a super 8 again!

The bed was springy - as a person with severe back issues it wasn’t that great. However, it wasn’t terrible either.

Everyone was super friendly, even when I couldn’t figure out the waffle maker. Breakfast was wonderful though!

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

The carpet was filthy and couldn't get into the outside doors with my key. Had to always enter through the front door.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

You get what you pay for

A condom fell out from between the bed sheets, so they didn't clean the room good enough.

Bed was comfortable good channels, ac works good. WiFi good

24 hour coffee.

Area not the best but not the worst either. Room small but suitable for a night or 2. You can only enter through the lobby. Lots of hall exits but you can't use for entry. I don't like paying $10 Pet charge when the room is not cleaned from the last pet (dog hair).

24 hour coffee.

The entire staff except the above mentioned were very nice, accomadating and pleasent to be around.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The attitude of the Hispanic female that lives on property is nosy, lies about guests, bullies other staff and is disrespectful to vendors. She has no place in a Wyndham property as she doesn't add up.

The mattress in room 121 needs to be replaced as the top has come loose from the mattress. The air/heater needs to be cleaned with suction machine to clean beyond the grate.

They wouldn’t allow you to check in early.

They wouldn’t allow you to check in early. When you’ve been on the road for 11 hours and get to your hotel it would be nice to check in early. But was told come back at 2 pm. So from 11 hours driving and arriving at 930 am had to go drive around for a few more hours so I could check in at 2 pm. No other hotel or motel has turned us down from an early check in.

Breakfast was a joke.

Breakfast was a joke. Very limited selection. No refrigerator, there was a room that has vomit going into on my floor for 2 days. Had to restart my room key even though reservation was for 2 days.

I was there with two friends and we stayed 14 days. The worker in the hotel gave us the best time.

I have nothing to complain

We loved the friendly service. The manager was always funny, very friendly and very helpful. The worker like Julia Frost and the night shift guy where very nice. We had a great time there. It couldn’t be better. Thank you all so much!

Surpised that it is a Super 8, worst one we ever stayed in.

Only one light worked in the room and they did not fix the others while we were there. Walls dirty, Carpet well past its prime. The stench of cigarette smoke as you walk into the the hotel was overwhelming and sickening. The place needs a lot of updates. The price is the only thing going for this place. Surpised that it is a Super 8, worst one we ever stayed in.

One of the worst Super 8 locations I've stayed.

I've stayed at Super 8 in other cities and have liked the accommodations. So far the best one has been in Las Vegas, NM. This location in Albuquerque was disappointing. The building is obviously older and the owner of this location doesn't seem to take any pride in it's appearance. The carpets throughout the entire place are filthy, the walls in the room have what look like shoe marks. The phone receiver in the room was broken and was taped back together with clear tape and had a wad of Kleenex taped inside. I asked to change rooms but was told the place was full so the desk clerk left her station and cleaned the room again. It was obviously not cleaned well and the sink had soap residue on one side and the toilet had hair on it. I could tell that the counter areas had not been wiped as there were visible rings where glasses or bottles had been placed. I'm in the habit of carrying Clorox wipes with me because I travel so much and I made sure to wipe EVERYTHING down. I would have left but I would have not been able to get a refund as I booked through the BOOKING site. Breakfast was a choice of coffee, cold cereal, yogurt, toast and mini muffins that were sitting on the counter in a large bag. The woman who was tending to the breakfast area was sitting at a table with two other women and when she got up to tend to things she kept sighing out loud as if it was such and inconvenience for her to be there. This was by far the absolute worst Super 8 I have stayed at. I will not be staying here again and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

The lady in the front the manager very rude not the only one...

The managers bad customer service in the way she treats people very poorly attitude and just talking bad to customers

The lady in the front the manager very rude not the only one commenting about that look at your reviews at the one in Albuquerque very bad service with that lady morning and afternoon she's the reason I wouldn't go back.

Okay I guess
    • King Room - Smoking

They didn't have any smoking rooms, all the soda machines were empty, and the Man in the morning to check out guy was rude!

It was right off Route 66

The first room

When we went to the room they gave to us, the beds weren't made and the room had trash all over it. We had to go all the way down to the front desk, get a new room then go all the way back up to our new room. Not a very nice thing to do when youare tied and just want to rest.

Non-smoking room was very clean;

The mattress was totally worn out & did not sleep very well.

Non-smoking room was very clean; It was ground floor & super close to lobby & loading/unloading car which we liked. The location is EXCELLENT close to i40 east & missing most of the commuter traffic travelling East.

terrible

service everything in generla

terrible service my son got sick and threw up on sheets, we were kicked out for that and they said it was my wifes hair dye but she hasnt died her hair in a year

Very Dirty rooms

The room was filthy there was blood spattered on the wall in the bathroom also in the closet the bed was like sleeping on Springs also only two tiny tiny thin pillows for a king bed and the attendant at the front desk was very rude also the breakfast area was Tiny and you couldn't get around anyone to make the one thing they had for breakfast which was a waffle or bruised apples

They robbed a disabled veteran and were absolutely awful.

When we checked in the man at the front desk said that their key machine wasn’t working and neither was their card reader to pay. My roommate and I ended up paying $70 in cash (when on the booking it was only $45) and he was unable to give us a receipt he says the only way to get in our room was for him to open it with the master key. Well he lets us in and the room was horrible. The Winchester’s wouldn’t even stay here. Only two of the lights worked in the entire room. I specifically requested a non smoking room but we were greeted by the headache inducing smell of cigarettes. The beds were filthy and we were scared to be barefoot on the ground. There were holes in the door and the doorknob in the bathroom was dented somehow, the waterpressure was barely more than a slow drip, the smoke detector in the room had been dismantled so there was no fire safety system. Also not to mention there were only a few other guests staying there this night so I don’t see why we ended up with this awful room. But that’s not the worst of it. We had been traveling all day and we were in town for my roommate to have surgery the next morning at the VA. He had until midnight to eat something and get ready so we decided to go to dinner have a little fun then turn in to call it a night. When we arrived back to the hotel we were greeted by a sign saying that there would be no hotel staff until 8am the next morning. We had no key and no one there to let us into the room. We gave up and went to motel 6 where they were actually kind friendly and clean. This morning after taking my roommate to the hospital for his surgery I went back to this awful poor excuse for a motel and demanded a refund but the lady at the front desk said it was our fault for leaving our room and that she refused to give us our money back. I am livid never have I been to a more disgusting horrible motel but they robbed not only me but my friend who is a disabled veteran. And they couldn’t care less. Awful area.

Not a bad place to spend the night.

Carpet was dirty. could not find the switch for the light had to unscrew the bulb to get it to go out. No ice machine on the 2nd floor.

Bed was comfortably bathroom and sinks were clean. The breakfast was adequate.

Willing not come back until your employees in the front get customer service or do you not believe i

The counter help when we got there was rude and even cursed at us. We will not ever stay at a super 8 again.

I didn’t like the location. Called to see where it was and the counter help was so rude.

For the convienance and price it was fair
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

There was no going the extra mile by any staff Coffee was cold at breakfast First impressions of the place is a notice saying door broke use other door, not a good start

It had a lift

Prices were good and affordable..it's a great location and a place for families with ch

Breakfast was very simple...that orange juice is more like Tang..as far as staff the one lady that works on the weekends and takes care of the breakfast is very clean no doubt about that..but doesn't let guest alone she's always in the middle and have to wait on her til she's done n cleans right after each guest gets their food..she needs to keep away while it's busy when guest are trying to get their breakfast.

Good prices...great location and walk-in distace to a roller skating place for families with young children and adults.

The location, the staff was nice

My children and I were itching from something in the room, we all had hives, my 5 year was affected the most, my 12 killed a few roaches that were running around on the carpet

The location, the staff was nice

Im not coming back ever.

Mattresses are old. we had to switch rooms cause the bed had a hole in the middle. Impossible to sleep on a mattress like that. Even on the next room we moved to the beds are not comfortable at all. Cable TV was not working OK, remote control wasn't programmed right.

Staff was friendly. Place was quiet.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Limited breakfast, poor coffee, bed too soft. Bathroom small and light switch outside. Lack of towel hangers. Lamps over bed need new electrical work as they sometimes do not work. No clock.

Staff friendly and helpful.

The view was beautiful thats it and staff was nice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The food everything cold.the beds were terrible.the coke machines and snacks were all out of order the whole time we were there not very good.

The area

I would definitely stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The only thing that I've had better at other motels is the breakfast. No hot chocolate and not a large selection.

All around, it was a very nice experience. Very competent staff behind the desk at check in. Location was just where I wanted to be. A decent restaurant a couple blocks away. Just a nice pleasant stay,

Great bang for your buck

Rooms are a bit small and cramped, a little ways from downtown.

For what you are paying, this place surprised me in how nice it was. Right off the freeway, seemed to be clean, and while breakfast wasn't anything special, it was nice to have. Nice views of the mountains.

Bad

The staff are very bad persons the old lady is I bad bad person , , she don't want to rerturn my deposit money back , only because she see my son smoking outside of the hotel not inside , but is ok she need to keep money from other people to be more happy .,

Not bad. Just inconvenient.

Its a little hidden. Side door card readers don't work, so you have to enter trough the front door only, not a big issue unless its midnight 38° outside and there's only parking in the back.

Clean.

A roof over my head.

There was hair on the bathroom floor, one of the lamps didn’t have a light bulb, staff member did give us one though. Not all the outlets worked. The next morning I noticed that candy or something sticky was stuck to the sheet.

Pricing & accepted pets. You get what you pay.

Stay anywhere else.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room heat was nonexistent--it was 51 degrees. I have stayed in Super 8 motels from California to Florida. This is the only one I will NEVER return to.

Staff was somewhat friendly.

Staff was so rude and actually hung up on me mid sentence...

Staff was so rude and actually hung up on me mid sentence once when I had a question. Would not recommend. Apparently they don't feel they need to be polite to customers to keep business.

Worst stay ever!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Electrical outlet exploded not offered another room, dirty, only 2 outlets worked, couldn't get temp regulated, won't ever stay again.

Employees were nice

It was clean and presentable from what I could see at night.

The lighting in parking was bad. Too dark! Not enough lights for the cars to be seen. The area of location wasn't too appealing.

It was clean and presentable from what I could see at night.

Not an overly exciting place.

Well, shame on you Super 8. The moment I stepped in, I saw a bug running behind the bed. The room was pretty old and poorly equipped. The TV was from the early 1990s. After taking shower, I discovered that the towels were missing. Also, the bathtub was making squeaky noises as I stepped on it, as if it was about to crack open. Finally, the room smelled of cheap disinfectant, but seemed dirty regardless. The bedding was inadequate for the winter (late December), so I was freezing in the night. The person at the reception desk was sitting behind a thick slab of glass: this tells you a bit about the neighborhood.

It's relatively close to the airport and easy to access from the I-25 freeway. Some shops and gas stations in the area.

Not Satisfied at all..

A.C. WAS MAKING NOISES. IT'S NOT WORKING PROPERLY. BED ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WE WOKE UP WITH BACK SORE... THE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST THEY OFFER WASN'T GREAT.

Acceptable value for the money.

I prefer paying cash since credit card companies punish users AND businesses for using their services. I'd prefer knowing that cash payment wasn't an option in advance, but I understand why places like this don't want cash on the facility grounds.

I wanted an affordable place to stay when I was strapped for funds in the worst way. It was difficult to find but the directions were not the problem. Better lit streets could have helped but the location left much to be desired.

no comment
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

what i didn't like is the bed, i think the bed spring broke and they gave us a handicap assembly room....shower not very working well

what i like about is Wifi.

Stay was comfortable and affordable but could be better.

The only way into the motel is through the main entrance. Breakfast was very limited. A used towel was hanging over the shower curtain. The room could be cleaner. Facility needs some fixing up.

The bed was comfortable. The price was very affordable.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The room felt clean and the staff were very helpful.

The room felt clean and the staff were very helpful. The bed was wonderful! On the down side, the vent fan in the bathroom didn't work and was hanging down from the ceiling. The towel rack in the bathroom was coming out of the wall on one side and one of the lamps in the room didn't work at all. Also, there was no refrigerator or microwave.

Enjoyed the facility and will certainly stay there again.

I thought the breakfast was plentiful, it would have been nice to have some hot items on the menu.

The property was clean, the room was clean an well maintained, and the bathroom was in great shape.

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

The area the hotel was located in was sketchy at best. The parking in the front of the hotel was not lighted. There was no breakfast to speak of. What breakfast was provided was muffins place in a bowl with an ungloved hand, along with the slices of bread. The milk and juice was poured into uncovered pitchers and sat on the counter. The linens were dirty and had some stains. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. The carpets were dirty. The hotel said it was non-smoking, but the interior wreaked of cigarette smoke. The morning staff was unfriendly.

There was nothing I liked about this hotel.

would have appreciated a lower floor especially since the hotel was far from being full

We were on the 3rd floor and after requesting the bottom floor, they blamed it on booking.com. i had put pets in the special requests section, but they claim you don't send that info. The last time they were very helpful and put us on the bottom floor right next to an exterior door.

They accommodate my pets

Will not reccomend the location. There was what appeared to be blood stains on the wall in the bathr
    • King Room - Smoking

The directions given to me on the web were for the wrong exit off the interstate. We drove in circles the gps didn't work and the desk clerk wasn't sure what exit he was on. I called him twice. There was hair on the sink and in the tub.

You get what you pay for.

All the little maintenance items that were not being addressed as standard upkeep.My phone receiver broke

The facility’ pretty run down but was as clean as they could do

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham Albuquerque East traveller photo gallery