Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Chicago O'Hare Airport 2 stars

2951 Touhy Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, USA

#7 of 12 hotels in Elk Grove Village

Good for a one night stay near the airport with shuttle and...

Good for a one night stay near the airport with shuttle and a jacuzzi for after a long flight. Doubt I would stay longer than a night but would stay again if flying into Chicago!

The breakfast was almost non existant for the price of the...

The breakfast was almost non existant for the price of the room need to add more than cereal to breakfast coffee was good but creamer did not exist parking well hotel was full no parking was on third floor but had to park around back of building then walk around it to get to the nearest door to access Part of building where our room was over all the parking was ridiculous one ice machine for whole motel were on 3rd floor and it was on 1st by the office don't think I will be staying with this chain again

One night only, but well rested

Problems with the internet wifi service. Is not very accesible to move by walk.

Excelent service, very attentive and clean. Airport shuttle service was excelent and punctual.

Clean, cute surprise for price!

Hotel shuttle took a long time for pick up at the airport. Other shuttles were there 3 times in a row before this showed up once, even though I called immediately upon arrival.

Staff was very kind and helpful. It was very clean and recently renovated. I was stuck in Chicago after missing a flight and this was a pleasant surprise. Although I didn't have any, there was an ample breakfast too. Very close to airport.

Best stay ever!
    • King Suite with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't the best. Didn't really have a lot of options, just a few things. The waffle maker was probably the best part.

The bed was super comfy. Plus, the hot tub was AMAZING! There was a ton of room as well. I would most DEFINITELY book this room again.

Shuttle took one hour and 30 minutes to pick me up from the...

Shuttle took one hour and 30 minutes to pick me up from the Chicago O’Hare bus and shuttle center Door 3. When I called for the shuttle the first time the shuttle had just left the terminal for the hotel. Front desk said it would take about 40 minutes for the shuttle to be back to pick me up. 40 minutes came and went, called the front desk again asking how much longer. He said the shuttle should have picked me up already, that he was already half way back to the hotel (the shuttle never stopped to pick me up at door 3). 40 minutes later the shuttle still wasn’t there, another phone call to the front desk and he promised he was almost there. 50 minutes later shuttle shows up. Do better Super 8...

Breakfast was much better than I expected.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Nothing, everything was great.

Breakfast was much better than I expected. We got to the hotel and needed a clean shower, bed and something to eat. The hotel personnel were wonderful and within an hour, we were clean, resting and food was on the way. For the price, it's perfect.

Super 8 recommended

Not much around property. Taxi needed to go anywhere. Vending machine nit working.

Staff were good and helpful. Breakfast was ample good choice of food. Room was clean and spacious..

The rooms clean n comfortable

Pool was only open until 10pm. Should be later for adults. More preferences on breakfast, could of had donuts and bananas as well

The rooms clean n comfortable

Good for a few days, but other rooms were noisy

The property itself was nice, but there was too much noise from other rooms. Sometimes we even woke up in the middle of the night

Well organized and a nice room. The breakfast was good, with an waffles machine, juice, yogurt, fruits

Do not stay at this hotel!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Awful facilities, reeked of cigarette and marijuana smoke to the point we couldn't sleep that night, and to top it off... when we parked that night by the backdoor, there was a man standing fully nude in front of his window that my ten year old daughter saw! Avoid this place at all costs!

The gentleman that checked us in was verycourteous.

Friendly hotel, well located for O'Hare airport

Everything was fine.

The location was handy for the airport and the road wasn't too busy. The staff were very helpful and professional. I thought the rooms were cleaned to a high standard.

Booked for 2 queens, gave us 2 fulls instead.

Booked for 2 queens, gave us 2 fulls instead. Went back and complained so they gave us our 2 queens. They gave us 1 towel for 5 people. The towel was hard like sand paper... nothing was up to date. They only changed out 1 trash bin, other 3 were full... we couldn’t even find the main entrance, we circled around like 2 times till we decided to get off and checked the doors... good thing we checked in on time or else we would have checked into another hotel bc at night the doors are key access only. Hate giving out bad reviews and this is my first, but I will not be booking at this hotel again sorry :( the staff are nice :)

This Motel 8 is conveniently located near the airport, staff is helpful.

Visuals around Motel 8 could use a few plants to offset the bleak petroleum tanks and highways; this wouldn't take much in the way of a hop over to Home Depot on a modest budget.

Polite staff, access to highway is easy.

The room was a nice size and the bathroom clean and the tub...

The jacuzzi tub didn’t work and breakfast was just waffles, bagels, toast and coffee

The room was a nice size and the bathroom clean and the tub was a great size. The jacuzzi on the pool area was great and hot and clean

Good bargain for larger group

Found hair in the sink upon arrival. Shower head old style, difficult to rinse yourself. Coffee undrinkable.

Beds were comfortable. Waffles were great. Jacuzzi great. Close to restaurants.

Good night sleep

All good considered it's a motel

Surprisingly comfortable bed and pillow considered the motel price I paid! I had jetlag (12 hours difference) but I still managed to sleep for 4 hours or so.

Close to airport, don’t recommend for long stay

Front desk employee not very polite. I asked if she had a trash can and she rolled her eyes, I find this very insulting.

Close to Ohare airport, free shuttle.

Great Value Clean Rooms

The 24 hour shuttle and the location near the airport. I was able to check in and drop my family off, turn my car in a day early and use the shuttle to get to and from the airport to catch a very early flight.

Overall, it was a good stay for a convention

The only thing was that it was difficult for my friend to have a gluten-free breakfast there, lots of items with gluten. Also the kitchen would get a long line just because people were waiting on the toaster. When we first arrived in our room, one of the blankets had a large white on the top and brown on the bottom of the blanket that we tossed off and didn't use. We were fine with the blanket underneath it, so it didn't bother us too much, but it was still gross to find.

I liked the staff that was friendly and let us know about the shuttle times and would even call us to let us know that it was there earlier than we thought and made sure that it waited for us to use it. We didn't stay in it very much, since we were there for a convention.

Internet speed was good.

I previously stayed there in 2016 and the quality of there breakfast has gone down. No eggs, only one flavor of jam -- quite disappointing. I had to checkout late (at 2pm) -- they made me pay $10 per hour after 12pm.

Internet speed was good. Beds are big and comfy.

Good 8 but not super.

The shuttle driver David and night clerk Chris were very rude and disrespectful. Dave the driver was not a very safe driver and the van reeked of weed while he was a driver. The owner was very nice and tried to resolve the issues.

Most of the staff was awesome. Beds were clean and comfy. Breakfast was good. The indoor pool and spa was very relaxing.

Worst stay ever!

The cleaning lady stole from me, my boyfriend and I were called liars from the hotel staff, when trying to get my money refunded the manager told the desk clerk to call the cops on us for not leaving, cops sided with us, they ended up giving us $50 of the $143 we paid for 2 nights which didn't even cover the price of the item stolen! Absolutely the worst experience and we will never stay at another Super 8 again and I will be going to corporate for a full refund because this is ridiculous!

Free airport pickup at 2am in the night, free airportshuttle...

At breakfast every spoon, fork, knive, plate and cup is 1-way plastic! This is not only inapropriate for the breakfast but also really bad for the environment, really disappointing!

Free airport pickup at 2am in the night, free airportshuttle next day. big cozy bed, nice pool!

I won’t never go back to that hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My WiFi password didn’t work day didn’t give me any pool towels day put me all day on da 2nd floor I ask to be put by the pool I didn’t even have a microwave

Good value for a good price.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room was clean and comfortable, definitely a good value for a good price. I would recommend this place to someone who is looking for a nice and clean hotel close to the airport. Moreover, the hotel offers free shuttle transport to and from the airport, which is very convenient, especially if you have a flight early in the morning or late at night.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly.

There were very limited options at breakfast. Would be helpful to have more variety, also one day there was still one hour left of breakfast and all that was left was white bread for toast and waffles.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. We were a little concerned that being so close to the airport that it would be loud, but we did not find that at all.

Good rate and room was clean.

Front desk tried to photocopy my credit card and told me it was not a problem when I told them that was not allowed by credit card issuers. Good luck telling that to the PCI DSS auditor.

Good rate and room was clean. Near the airport.

Super comfy nice hotel

Walking through the lobby to get to the pool was weird. Hot tub was super small and no towels at the pool area. Thank god i wear shoes walking through the halls bc I found 4 or 5 pin needles(like for sewing) on the ground in the hall way. I told the from desk but the girl didn't seem very concerned. Scary for people with kids!! People were very noisy in the parking lot and hallways at odd hours. Like 4 5 am. Also the front desk called to ask if we were up smoking ( I was in a non smoking room I have asthma) bc it was late and our tv was on when he walked by? Someone was smoking marijuana in a room down the hall though. You could smell it in the hall and when you walked past the room. Heard other people who noticed as well

Super comfy nice hotel

Would definitely stay here again.

Parking was free. But small parking lot. The hotel must have been fully booked.

Room was clean and I was impressed with the overall comfort for the value. The shuttle service was quick and easy to book. We attended an event at the Donald Steve’s convention center and we got dropped off and picked up easily. Breakfast was nice.

Horrible
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

It was very noisey evrynight i couldnt sleep..the guest above me was running around all hours of the night and 2 days i was there some guest blocked my vehicle in and l couldnt even travel away from the hotel... Plus there were teenagers running up and down the stairs at 2am in the morning....

The room was nice and big and the guy who checked me in was very polite

Good but not great airport accommodation

We were in a corner room with a broken door right next to us in the hallway leading out to the parking lot which slammed shut everytime it was used. Definitely woke us up a few times throughout the night.

Good location if you need to be close to the airport. Some restaurants nearby.

Great!!

The only not so good thing was that the shuttle came a little late to take me to the airport.

The bed was huge and really comfy, the bathroom has a bathtub and the room has a microwave which for me is really handy.

Enjoyed my stay will return again.

Could use more places to park. It is a big hotel with alot of guests spots get took quickly. But you can park to the side by the fences inside the property.

Nice looking hotel, clean with friendly staff.

Ok for one night near the airport.

Breakfast is only cereal and toast, nothing special (or healthy for that matter). Airport transfer in the morning is only every 45 min. Rooms are very loud, you can hear both the street outside and other guests in the hallway and next door rooms.

Ok for one night near the airport. The price I got was ok, but I wouldn't have paid the original price. There is free breakfast and free airport transfer.

Horrible Staff
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

When booked I requested a disability accessible room. When we arrived to the hotel we were giving a room on the third floor and was told, AFTER receiving room keys, that the elevator was out of order. Asked if they had anything on the first floor, they said no. While outside discussing the situation with my husband, we circled the parking lot looking for parking. It had snowed and was still snowing, hard. The parking lot was half plowed and there were no parking. Went back in to request a refund, letting them know that the elevator not working was not going to work for us and also there is nowhere to park. The clerk said “you disabled park in handicap parking”. Told him that it was all taking. He then says “well drop of at the door and park in the overflow lot behind the rear parking lot behind the building.” Smh. So again I told him a room on the 3rd floor was out the question with the elevator not working. Miraculously, now they have a room available on the first floor. Checked into that room, and of course it’s not disability accessible! Needless to say, the male staff at the desk was very rude! Disregarded the fact that my husband is disabled. Refuse to give us a refund. I did not make a fuss about this, considering we had a flight to catch in about 6 hours and need at least a few hours of sleep. I will never ever return! I will most definitely be contacting the ADA Association about this matter. Also, the carpet was visibly dirty. The hall way smelled of marijuana! Which later travelled into our room. Called the front desk, the clerk said, “I’m looking at the camera now, and I don’t see anyone smoking in the hallway.” I told him of course not! But if you come down the hall you can smell it. Smells like they are smoking in the room and it’s leaking into the hall. He hung up! Smh Don’t waste your time with these rude people. There is a Motel 6 right next door that looks just the same in quality as this motel.

Close proximity to the airport.

Underwhelming, dingy, not worth the money

The room had a strange smell and seemed dingy. The hotel made me not want to touch anything in general. The decor was outdated and shabby. The airport shuttle driver had a lot of trouble with winter driving. I can't blame him for that, but even after 20 minutes stuck in the snow with oncoming traffic, he refused to call for help. I felt that was very unprofessional and I did not feel safe being driven by him. It was the help of a kind stranger that got us out. In my opinion, he was either not properly trained or he is not fit to do winter transport.

Continental breakfast, shuttle option, quick processing at the front desk

Not enjoyable!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were unable to regulate the heat/cool in any way. Temp for shower would not regulate. Two lamps in the room would not work. Had to walk a mile to the room, even after asking for a room close to an entrance, due to the fact I am a disabled veteran.

The room was decent. Nice beds.

Wonderful

Nothing! We wish we had more time to stay!

The rooms were beautiful! My wife and I had plenty of room to relax. The TV was surpisingly huge as well. The staff was the best though, they took us to the airport really quickly!!

Good stay and value for money
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle driver was too talkative and personal and was hinting for a tip the whole ride so we felt obligated to do so. Breakfast could have had more options but it was good.

Overall good stay. The shower was nice and hot and the bed was comfortable. Good value for money. Room service was available and the shuttle from the airport was convenient. Would definitely stay again. Breakfast was good and included.

Nice place for the money.

Someone was smoking on my floor. No good restaurants near by.

The Shuttle drivers and front desk staff were very nice! Plus, the cable channels were a great addition.

Super Comfortable

The breakfast was good for vegetarians. Do not expect them to have eggs,bacon or sausages.

It was clean,the staff were helpful and it was a walking distance from Subway, Mc Donalds and Burger King. The airport drop off was good too.Regards to Edward 😀.

Super 8 delivers again
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had a slight smoke-like odor

I have found Super 8 hotels to be always very clean, with all your basics covered, and rooms always being quite spacious. This one seemed recently renovated - new furniture, decor. Wifi was good. Breakfast is simple, but if you like waffles - they always have that! Shuttle picked us up from airport in no time. Staff was very kind too.

Comfortable and close to the airport

There is only one elevator/lift which is way in the back of the hotel, so a bit of a walk to get to it and back to the room. That's a point of improvement.

Very close to the airport with a free shuttle to said airport. The room was clean and comfortable.

Very nice front desk and the shuttle driver in the morning...

The shuttle driver in the evening was always 45 minutes to an hour late picking up, even though we were told he was on his way to the airport!

Very nice front desk and the shuttle driver in the morning is very nice! Didn't get a chance to get the waffles, but that was a nice option

Very Comfortable and hassle free stay!!!!
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Complimentary Breakfast needs improvement. Some suggestions include egg related dishes and fruit juices.

The staff was very supportive. Special mention and regards to the drivers (especially Mr. Ed) who were responsible for airport shuttle to and fro from the hotel.

Comfy stay with great value
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

no restaurant on site and the heater is quite loud and smells.

Comfy bed, very large room. Very nice front desk staffs, free shuttle service with friendly driver.

Very nice layover on a long trip.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The accommodations were very nice - clean room, comfortable bed, adequate amenities, very friendly professional staff. Primary appeal was convenience to the airport.

Nice staff. Great cable channels and comfortable room.

I requested to be put on a higher floor and they put me by the exit door on the first floor.

Loved that they had some breakfast in the morning. It wasn't alot, but it was sufficient when you're running to a conference.

Value for money.

The bed is really comfortable. Clean bathtub. Rooms are clean, staff are friendly. Briefed on the shuttle services the moment I checked it and reserve a slot immediately. It's really useful and allows travellers to have a good rest just before departing Chicago for a flight.

Good hotel for nearby airport location

It was nice to have the indoor pool for the kids. We had chosen the hotel to get to O'Hare airport in the morning which worked very well. Very friendly staff, very clean.

Airport shuttle was fantastic and timely.

Airport shuttle was fantastic and timely. Both drivers I had were super friendly. Though a bit dated, all the facilities were clean and comfortable. Highly recommend.

Dirty, dangerous and rude staff.

Staff member was very rude and short upon check in. Room was dirty and smelled off cigarettes even though it was non-smoking. We had a male member try to follow us to our room that was very terrifying. We also had this man lurking in the hallway anytime we left the room for ice or snacks. We complained to the person on staff who was short with us and said there was nothing he could do. Very dirty place. There are places in better areas by the airport for the same amount.

Convenient for staying near the airport (if you are not planning going to the city centre)
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The public transportation was nearly none. I wouldn't recommend it if you're planning to go to the city centre

It was very convenient for one night near the airport

Stay somewhere else

No hot water in shower No Microvave in room Close to Airport, maybe too close with the noise. Freight trains very close too. Horns loud at night.

Not very much, nothing to do in the area if you don't have a car. The staff was very courteous & friendly.

Nothing really
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hallway and room smelled like smoke a heavy smoke smell called the front desk nothing was done about it not even offered me another room for the price it should've been more accommodating

Nothing really

ecellent value and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff...great value..hotel shuttle to airport reliable..breakfast just what you need to start the day..couldnt fault it for value for money

Good price, good place

Everything was just fine.

I liked the price for what you got. True, it wasn't a "luxury" hotel, but it met my needs for 1 night, a safe clean place to rest my head and take a shower. If you want "luxury" then I suggest that you go spend $200 a night for one of the fancy places near by!

it is not just a convenient hotel it's a comfortable hotel! And the shuttle bus is on time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you are not an English speaker and call the hotel to ask where is the stop of its shuttle bus , it's difficult to understand the accent of the customers service. Shuttle bus door No.3 is where I had been picked up. Hope it helps.

Great Super 8 with comfortable queen size beds.

N/a

Great Super 8 with comfortable queen size beds. Microwave and fridge in the room. Free shuttle to airport. Breakfast included. Pool ok. Great hotel value for money. Subway and Burger King next to the hotel.

The rooms are generally quiet where one does not hear much...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked on Feb 4th for a trip in late July (6 months in advance), specifically requesting adjoining rooms (I know they have them, I've stayed in one before at this property). Upon my arrival, I asked whether the rooms were adjoining and was told "they are not, we don't have any available at this time". The clerk offered nothing more than that statement. Secondly, one of the rooms had to be moved as the electronic lock did not work. (The staff felt compelled to discuss the situation in Spanish). Thirdly, one room was without a mini fridge. So, non-adjoining rooms, down the hall from one another, with one fridge to share led us to feel that this was suboptimal compared with our last stay at this property.

The rooms are generally quiet where one does not hear much noise from the hallway or surrounding rooms.

Subway near by was convenient and waffle machine for...
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Shuttle was late, shower curtain smelled moldy, gym equipment was broken and looked ancient,

Subway near by was convenient and waffle machine for breakfast

We enjoyed the variety at breakfast, and the fact that we...

We enjoyed the variety at breakfast, and the fact that we could help ourselves to GOOD coffee any time. The room was equipped with all we needed, including an iron and ironing board, a hair dryer, and a LONG bench for our two pieces of luggage. Very roomy and comfortable.

Clean, convenient and cost-efficient
    • Deluxe Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom floor tiles were loose and would come up when you stepped on them. Only ice machine was on first floor and we were on third.

Location was convenient to the airport. The free shuttle runs 24/7. Rooms were clean.

it overall gave me a motel feeling !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The covers had stains . We were told that the hotel was non smoking but when we got to out room it smelled like a bunch of cigarettes!! It

The customer service

It was quite.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were hard. The breakfast was not very good. One waffle iron made for a long line and not much verity in options. La Qinta is better.

It was quite. The hotel cleaning staff we working early and did a good job.

I rate it at 8.0

I didn't like that breakfast ends at 9am.

I would give it an 8.0 (not 7.5) if Booking didn't auto score based on smiley face ratings. It's a value hotel and location. It is definitely worth the $70 per night I paid. The are flexible on checkout times as well, which is very convenient. It is also clean.

Ok in a pinch

No charging station, in fact, only one plug that I could find behind a chair. Had to unplug a lamp to charge my phone. The pillows were terrible. No water pressure in shower. There was a little coffee maker, but no place to plug it in!

Room was large, bed was comfy but the pillows were ridiculously small and flat. Breakfast was ok but they had Disnt have enough staff to keep the food stocked, ran out of things like plates and cups. Nice shuttle driver.

Value stay but .....

Middle of no where. Very little other than a fast food joint and a grill within 10 mins walk. Grill was good. Previous guests obviously went to fast food. Fries still in one corner on carpet.

Excellent shuttle service. Value

Airport shuttle was on regular schedule basis.

Airport shuttle was on regular schedule basis. (I arrived very late in evening). White minibus with super 8 in small writing on side. Pick up at hotel shuttle pick up area (remote from the terminal - just follow signs). Call hotel if no sign of minibus. Good hotel and up to the super 8 standard in my opinion.

Pretty basic

Food options are limited within walking distance. Front desk told us there's a bar nearby. we went to it and learned it is a biker bar. Front desk called our room at 4:30 am when our shuttle was scheduled for one hour later. There was a sticky spot in the carpet in our room. The hallways and room were dark and dingy. Pillows were short and flat.

It offers free shuttle to the airport. It offers free breakfast but can't comment on that because it was not yet served because of our early morning flight. It has all the basics and HBO on tv.

Very disappointed and would not recommend.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Super 8 OHare Elk Groove because we had a long connecting flight. We only stayed for a night but there were a couple things that truly disappointed us. The first room that we were given, the bathroom light and TV didn't work though we got to the hotel pretty late. They could've checked and made sure everything works. Our connecting flight was early in the morning and we scheduled a 6am shuttle at the front desk. After 5 mins, we were called back and told that the 6am shuttle is full. So we had to schedule an earlier one at 5:30am. That was all the information we got. In the morning, we went down to the front desk at exact 5:30am and was told the shuttle had already left (?!). What is the point of writing our names down if the front desk can't give us a check-up call before the shuttle leaves? When we expressed our disappointment with the person at the front desk (different person from the previous night we checked in), he denied to take responsibility. We had never been told to come down 5 minutes before the shuttle leaves and the employees were extremely neglectful. I had never got schedule to put on another shuttle to go to the airport. Very disappointed and would not recommend!!!

I was very ill and the check-in man let me check in to my...

The lobby was freezing!

I was very ill and the check-in man let me check in to my room incredibly early, 11 am. Since I was miserable and really needed sleep, this was awesomely accommodating.

Sketchy area, ungienfly staff. Dirty pool

Eveing staff was rude and very unfriendly. The pool was so dirty you could'nt see the bottom. There was rap music playing loudly in the pool area. Was so uncomfortable in the pool area I left w in minutes of being in there.

The morning staff was very friendly

Best staff at very good motel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This appears at first to be an ordinary, run-of-the-mill Super 8 -- comfortable, good value. However, the staff is extraordinary. We received invaluable assistance about how to get around Chicago from two different people behind the desk AND from the shuttle driver! Thank you Gisenia, Chris and Tom! They are super nice people who go the extra mile. There is a very positive vibe about this place that I have not seen at any other similar chain motel!