Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd 2 stars

#101 of 120 hotels in Albuquerque

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Worst ever!!!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was very odorous, refrigerator filthy, bed with very small pillows that didn't cover the length of bed, walls very thin and loud when next door people ran their water/shower, no blanket on bed, I could go on and on but not worth my time, worst hotel EVER!!!

Nothing at all, left ASAP at 5am as I itched all night long in the bed.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We had a good stay and would recommend super 8.

The bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

The hotel was in a good location. Not too far from the activities we had planned. They had breakfast early just for those of us going to the balloon fiesta. The staff was super friendly and always helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Paid a lot for a smelly regular room

My non smoking room smelled like a heavy party took place the night before, both rooms I reserved smelled exactly the same. Expensive due to balloon fest weekend but not worthy.

Customer service from front desk personnel

Would stay here again!

Wish we had a refrigerator in the room.

Our room was very clean & updated. Very pleased for the price we paid. Close to downtown & the Balloon Fest location.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Aggravating

Housekeeping skipped our room, had to get new keys every day, front desk didn’t answer phone, took 3 calls to even get clean towels when our room was not cleaned, had to call down for coffee packets which were not replenished each day, breakfast room way too small and food fan out, desk clerk couldn’t find our reservation because he was using first name not last name

Efficiency of design

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

We arrived late on the night of albuquerque hot air balloon...

We arrived late on the night of albuquerque hot air balloon festival, but got a call from the hotel saying our room was over sold and there is no more room for us. We just landed in Albuquerque, and EVERY hotel was SOLD OUT for 80 miles around or more. Sonya, who called me at 11pm when she started her shift, apologized profusely for the mix-up, but I asked her to look for options for us since we would be homeless without that hotel room. We just landed in ABQ and had to go get rental car. While getting the rental car, I searched Everywhere, no hotel rooms, and no AirBNB rooms available since it was already past midnight and AirBNB would not let us reserve for the date before even though it was still the same night. After over an house and a few calls back to Sonya, she was able to deliver the good news that the hotel manager agreed to open up a room from their blocked inventory (contract with truckers). While I was upset with the hotel for the overbooking, not sure it was completely their fault or Booking.com's fault, I was very happy that Sonya saved us from being homeless that night. It would have completely ruined our trip to Albuquerque for the hot air balloon event.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Beware the toilet

The toilet overflowed the first time it was flushed. All over the bathroom floor. Once housekeeping cleaned it up, we were concerned it would happen again. The walls/doors were no barrier to noise from other rooms. Little rest was found here.

Ease of booking.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We had booked a non smoking room, and were originally given...

We had booked a non smoking room, and were originally given a room that was overpowered by smoke smell. We ended up switching rooms, and the second room still smelled a little like smoke

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The stay overall was okay besides the ice machine, the breakfast and the banging from the room above

I didn't like that the ice machine on the first floor was out and that there was no hot breakfast like eggs, meat. There was also no milk and the staff seemed to get upset that they had to retrieve more milk for the breakfast. There was also banging and stomping from the room above which was very annoying.

I like the location over all and the privacy that the rooms seemed to have.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The hotel is relatively close to the airport, about 12...

I can only assume that the hotel was in the beginning stages of being remodeled.. The only thing that was a bummer was the smell of cigarette smoke in the building; we were told it was a nonsmoking facility but the hallways had a very strong smoke/cigarette odor.

The hotel is relatively close to the airport, about 12 minutes from the airport. There was ample parking available. It was a quick and painless checking in/out process; the staff at the front desk was polite and professional.

Okay stay.

Room wasnt equipped with a microwave or refrigerator. Various holes within the walls.

It was fairly clean but there were ants in the bathroom. Told desk clerk and they sprayed with pesticides.

Disgusted

False advertisement on booking.com. Rooms weren't as nice in person as they were in the pictures. The hotel smelled moldy and old. I asked for a non smoking room and as we were walking to our room you could smell smoke. The room smelled like smoke as well. They moved us to another room that smelled like it hadn't been aired out in forever. Last night there we noticed a lot of ants in the restroom. It was not what I expected at all.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The beds were super comfy.

No fitness center. Water want very hot and sink was hats to turn on.

The beds were super comfy. The morning lady was nice and helpful. The price was great and breakfast was decent. The check in guy gave us a convenient room on ground floor as requested.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I love everything,clean,nice and quite.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

It was quite and a friendly staff. Sonia help me a lot. I was late for my check in. She was amazing!!! She care about me. Thats why inwill come back everytime!!

The breakfast was only sweet stuff it could have been some eggs or biscuits and gravy.

I like the parking close to room.The coffee in room. The bathroom was nice and clean.

safe place

the young lady at check in and out was very efficient. The young nepalese guy at the front desk was very nice and smiley but...did not know how to get downtown !!!! But our stay was pleasant anyways

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was disgusting and I won,t recmend.

Everything the room was totally unacceptable

The bed was hard,the shower was nasty with mold around base of tub, the tv had to be turn manualy, the first room wasn,t ready so they gave this room. The room was totally disgusting.

Affordable rooms, a little disappointed in quality. But overall decent stay.

There was no refrigerator in the room. I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere in my life that didn’t have one. So that was odd. There was a strange smell in our room, but we have no idea what it was. The light to the bathroom apparently is also attached to the fan & it is EXTREMELY loud, so we ended up not using the bathroom light at all. We tried getting the WiFi password but the agent either didn’t understand us or we couldn’t understand him, so we ended up not being able to access WiFi at all. Only bad part about breakfast is you can’t bring it up to your room. You are required to eat it in the lobby which for some can be inconvenient, like us, if you have a bigger family and you’re more comfortable with eating in your room as we are.

Beds & pillows were extremely comfortable. Very convenient they allow pets as we were traveling with a small cat. Staff was friendly. We booked same day and the cost was extremely affordable despite this. And we paid when we checked in instead of having to pay right away. Very convenient for us. Easy access into building from outside and easy getting to elevators. Very pleased with that. Breakfast was great. Variety and delicious.

I'm usually satisfied with four walls and a roof, and that's what I got.

The room needs to be drastically updated and the A/C unit was not working. Went down for breakfast and was repeatedly asked for my breakfast ticket even though I presented it.

The location was good. Nice evening staff. Affordable.

Overall a great experiance.

It was rather difficult trying to find the hotel. I had to backtrack a couple of times to finally find it.

It was overall great stay and I got a room just inside the door which was great for me.The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was great.

Super 8 is Sucks at Super 8 on Iliff

One bed was broken. It kept squiking until the kids checked it. Homeless people and drug addicts staying there. Felt unsafe for my family. I didnt really sleep. Because i kept looking out for my family and vehicle. :(

Housekeeping was great.

Probably won't stay here again

Service was bad. .. TV did not work properly nor did the shower. . Trouble getting the staff to check out these issues

Comfortable. Beds AC worked real good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Overall, a pretty good experience.

We asked for a first floor (seniors) but were given the third floor. Glad it was a short walk to the elevator. In addition, the A/C made a noise all night. Not the noise when it turns off/on, but a clicker like sound. Very annoying. Told the morning clerk at check out.

Stayed on 7/30/2018. Paid $45.31. Got room 321 on third floor, good water pressure, hot water, comfortable king bed. There was a microwave, but no fridge. We parked on right rear, could see car from window, elevator was close by, ice machine across from elevator, on our way to car, Breakfast had plenty of choices: waffles, apples, yogurt, cereal, toast, coffee, mini muffins, oatmeal packs, orange and apple juice.

You get whast you pay for, but here less than expectecd on paid value.

Service from the desk young man, no help at all. Seemed not to care about your comfort or giving any courtesy. The hotel is serious need of help. AC didn't work in our first room. The TV didn't work in our second room. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Wont be staying here again

Room was very hot when we checked in. Also no fridge in the room. My husband has meds that need to be refrigerated so I had to keep filling the ice bucket to keep his meds cold. Get with the times all hotels have refrigerators now a days.

Not much

We were just passing through so the low price made it a good choice for us.

The bed was average. The room temp kept switching from warm to cold. To get to a comfortable temp, we set the air conditioning to 61.

The location was great. Right off of I-40 in Albuquerque. Plenty of places to eat around it. There are a group of motels at this site. The price was the lowest.

horrendous doesn't say enough
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I was absolutely unhappy with the stay here, they stated that they had continental breakfast which was not correct they had cereal. the airconditioners were loud and did not want to turn on. definitely will not stay with this hotel again

for a night ok
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

the bed and pillows comfy but aircon noisy as with most of these hotels would I stay here again propley not as not that good value for money location not the best, breakfast was ok staff were ok girl helpfulon desk

Totally awesome

Let me take breakfast back to my room. Too many kids yelling while we're trying to eat our breakfast,one other customer stated.

Bed and cool temp room.

Cheap stay

Old, run down. It looked like my door had been broken a few times. Furniture was damaged and looked like it come from the thrift store. It could be a really nice place if it was fully remodeled.

It was quiet at the edge of town

Will never stay here again

Almost everything. It was dirty, smelled and no one would answer the phone when I called the front desk.

The first room I was given was dirty and smelled like cigarettes. The second room had not luggage rack, or refrigerator. The people in the room next to me played their music so loud it kept me up all night. I tried calling the front desk and no one would answer.

Need to fix up those faults quickly

The bathroom door was held together with screws and was beat up and would not close. The shower rod was broken,the shower curtain would not close because of it and after shower needed to clean up water. Entry door handle was broken , needed 3 men and a boy to open it every time we used it. No screen on window so we could not leave it open.aslo that window had no lock on it.

Basic breakfast, nothing hot except coffee.

Staff was friendly.

Not enough room to maneuver my wheelchair. Parts of the tub facing was coming off.

Staff was friendly. Easy access from the freeway. Price was inexpensive.

Just stayed one night, good value, basic and a few minor challenges.

TV difficult to start(known problem with B/W has with Dish), No luggage stand in room, No decaf coffee at breakfast, Toilet leaks down and refills several time an hour(wasting water, flapper not sealing on seat inside tank), not enough 120v receptacles for fridge, micro and wall sconce light to all plug in at one location. difficult to find anywhere to plug in cell phone charger, room in general in need of refreshing.

Price was outstanding, location really good, parking convenient to entry door(s)

terrible won't stay in super8 in Albuquerque again

Was not told had to have light switch on for coffee and microwave to work. Heard toilet flushing above us all night. Phone did not work.

Nothing. Phone did not work. Notified desk nothing done.

Clean and friendly but old rooms

Outlets didn't work, lamps didn't work, carpet old and puffy to the point you had to shove your body weight into to shut it so it closed at all! Old school chain lock on the inside door! You can tell someone had kicked the door in at one point

Staff were very friendly

I felt scammed.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room did not look like the pictures at all. There were stains on the carpet, cigarette burns on the comforters, and the beds were horribly uncomfortable; the middles sunk in. There was a skeleton crew working. They made us find our own extra pillows and sheets from the laundry room for the pull-out. A gross misrepresentation of the ad.

Ok continental breakfast.

Adequate - probably won't stay here again.

The TV remote didn't work, so I called the front desk; the young lady switched it out for one that did. The coffee maker didn't work. The carpet could stand a cleaning. It was noisy from doors opening and closing, showers running, and toilets flushing. The traffic noise was to be expected since the motel is right off the hiway.

The bed was comfortable; the bathroom was clean. The young lady at the front desk was very nice.

I didn't eat breakfast and the bed hurt my back.

The first room.. the bathroom fan was loud, seemed to not work properly. I asked to be moved. Second room.. fought with the knobs to turn the heater on. And the remote didn't work. The microwave was hard to use also. We tried to push the buttons to warm up our takeouts.

I didn't eat breakfast and the bed hurt my back.

No refrigerator, also there were 2 small bottles of shampoo & a small bar of soap propped b/w the shower curtain bar and the shower, I'm assuming to hold it up. Other than that, the property was clean, quiet, and a great value. Very convenient to the interstate and the staff was very nice.

Never again

For $100+/night, I would expect clean carpets, toilet that doesn’t leak, shower curtain rod that doesn’t look like it’s about to fall, Handiman that follows through on promise to bring up extra towels and sanitizer for bathroom floor, peephole on door that is not literally a “hole” (we stuffed it with tissue so no one could look in),, staff that has some authority or means to assist guests as we heard front desk staff loudly arguing with more than 3 upset parties on different occasions because of disatisfaction with the facility

Dirty and broken, should NOT be in use. Staff unable/unauthorized to compensate for leaking toilet, way overpriced because of event. Heard at least 3 yelling matches between guests and front desk staff. Would not recommend unless all you want is a warm shower and a break from camping. Not being sarcastic.

It met the basic necessities- bed, toilet and shower.

All hotels should use confirmation numbers not names of parties since some names may change but number of rooms reserved stay the same. This caused major misunderstanding and possible abuse of charging for "cancelled" rooms passed time limits and additional charges for "additional rooms" due to name change. Also, many appliances in the multiple rooms booked were either missing or inoperable- non-working phones, coffee makers, air vents and missing refrigerators.

It sucked!

The uncleanness of the place, the condition of the room. Not saying this is the worst place I've stayed in the past 12 months but it was the second worst. If I could have changed hotels/motels I would have but they said that they would not refund any of my money, so basically not only is it a lousy place to stay they are thieves as well. Pic 1, roommate (bug), #2 broken air conditioner, #3 missing cover to phone, #4 broken bathroom door, #5 broken door bump, #5 cheap door security lock, #6 repaired bathroom door w/screws, and #7 dirty bathroom floor.

The parking, I could park right out side of my room by the entrance door or by the window.

Clean, comfortable, inexpensive.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The overall condition of the facility is showing lots of wear and tear. For the price and purpose I consider it a non issue, would be disappointed if paying a full rate.

This was a good value for traveling stop. It was comfortable and clean.

Exceptional

Very friendly staff, justin and another girl were exceptional. You just dont get courtesy like this anyhere. I will definitely be back even though they dont have a pool.

Comfortable, affordable and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Faucet hard to open and could hear water pressure from the toilet tank once in a while tolerable.

We have 3 separate beds my son snors placed him in closed room we had a good nite sleep.

Tolerable, but just barely.

Room was so-so, air worked, but not cold enough for my liking. Had to change room we were originally assigned as the air wasn't getting cold at all in the first one. Was at first told we would have to take second floor room and I sternly stated that would not happen, we'd stay somewhere else. Then we were offered another room, across the hall from the lobby. This was pretty noisy until about 2 am.

Not much

Fine for a quick one night stay but that's all.

Door lock was broken. The facility is ragged and showing it's age. Carpeting frayed and dirty, needs painting.

There was a chair and ottoman in the room.

Second worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Many things. The lobby and hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. In the room, the refrigerator and one of the air conditioning units didn't work. We found hairs in several of the towels. The desk clerk didn't go out of her way to help us. And the breakfast was basically just cereal, with very little else.

The only redeeming factor was that it was close to I-40.

The front desk guy was nice.

There was a rock holding the door open that allows anyone to be able to enter the building, there was no A.C., unsafe feeling of the area, holes punched in the door, Pictures are definitely not like the hotel. Didn't stay for the night

The front desk guy was nice.

breakfast and internet included
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

one of the bed lights was not plugged in--there were no outlets that I could see I called the front desk and they said they would send someone--no one ever came

breakfast and internet included

Worst ever
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

This place should be shut down they are not friendly and treat the guests as criminals

This property is terrible and the staff was not friendly they took my deposit because make up was on the towels and charged me 45.00 dollars for them they make you post a cash deposit so they could steal your money then count everything and treat you like a criminal.

Won't make mistake again
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Holes in bathroom walls for exhaust fan and where shower rod was moved but wall not repaired. Bed was very uncomfortable. Arrived two hours after check in time and had to wait 15 minutes for shift change before being checked in and then still had to wait an half hour before getting in the room because it was still being cleaned. I had worked the previous night at home for 9 hours and then traveled 5 hours and was ready to relax, but couldn't cause room still being cleaned. After finally getting in the room, and after finally falling asleep, about 730, one of the staff knocked on the door asking if we had plenty of towels. I told him that we could use a few more. He then told me that he didn't have any dry towels at the moment, but would bring some when they were dry. Didn't receive towels till the next day. Switches for the bathroom lights were very loose and need to be repaired before it causes a fire. TV was very old and direct TV kept loosing signal. Direct TV remote would only work direct TV box so turning the TV on/off and volume had to be done by hand. No pool. Hotels across the street advertised lower room rate with pool and breakfast was waffles and cereal, not full breakfast offered by other hotels. Front desk did not process payment as I had asked and he looked confused when I paid with cash and a debit card.

Very low price and breakfast provided. Location was easy to get too.

Very friendly and accommodating staff

Had a little trouble with the smell in the first room but was immediately resolved moved us to a new room no problem

Very friendly and accommodating staff

no thanks

see above

there was little to like about our stay at this motel. 'the first room we were sent to had no sheets on the beds, some places should not allow anyone to see the beds without the sheets. we were changed to another room but the whole stay was ruined by the first room. I am not going to say anything else it was an unfortunate mistake on someones part. would I ever stay here again? no

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very unsatisfied nut you get what you pay for.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Everything else. The room was dirty, the floors were sticky, and the mattresses were stained beyond belief and were uncomfortable. The way I found out about the mattresses was due to I always check for bugs first. Spoke to the front desk an out a refund and since I did it through the site I could not get one. Not satisfied at all.

Nothing other than the gentleman at the front desk was helpful an out saving 20 dollars booking through booking.com

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The room was ok, but the beds where amazing.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Rude staff members. How we didn't know that we had to place a down payment of 50.00 just because we were paying with cash. It would be nice if there was a promotion explain this down payment.

The room was ok, but the beds where amazing.

It was just ok for the price.

Air conditioner not working, carpet and couch didn't seem clean, minimal lights and outlets didn't work.1/2 roll of TP.

Comfortable bed, seemed clean.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Super 8 was a pretty good place to stay but the staff could be more helpful.

I had requested a room that was suppose to be on the top floor but Instead got one on the bottom floor. Also requested a smoking room. Some of the lamps didn't work in our room.

The room was clean. The room was big for me and my boyfriend. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Comfy beds
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Rude staff, strong smell of smoke in nonsmoking rooms located right next to smoking room staff did not want to accommodate despite of mentioning I had a baby. Not too many channels to choose from.

Comfy beds

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Put another customer in my room while I was out

Upon checking in at 2:45 PM 3-8-2017 discovered room wasn't made up. Desk said they would get it done. I came back at 7:00 PM and my key card wouldn't work. Went back to the desk 4 times until the clerk followed me to my room. Turns out they put someone in my room and my luggage couldn't be found. It was stuffed in a drawer. Got another room with burned out lights and a alarm clock that wouldn't set. Bad experience, will steer clear of Super 8 in the future.

Never ever again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Dirt, hair, & grime in the the shower & bathroom. Hair under the covers we hadn't slept in yet. Smelled like cigarette smoke throughout.

Nothing, it was beyond horrible

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

staff wasnt very professional. due to being an albuquerque resident there was a $100 deposit and they only returned half of my deposit due to 2 towels that had gotten dirty from showering. I do not recommend this hotel and like other Wyndham Resorts i have stayed at in this city outside of Hawthorne Suites, once again there were hidden fees and a less than desireable staff to deal with. Maybe Corporate should look at their training policies and customer service standards. I expect more from Chain Hotels and time and time again i keep getting disapointed by the Wyndham Groups. As a valued Rewards member, who has multiple stays at various properties I expect and should get better. Otherwise, What the hell am i doing wasting my time with the likes of them (See Travelodge, Days Inn, Ramada, Super 8, Hawthorne Suites, Baymont, Howard Johnson, Microtel, Knights Inn.) seriously?

Not much other than location. And even that wasnt exactly what i call ideal. more like useful to the purpose.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great place for when you are on the road!

Noisy people near us. The hall door to parking lot didn't close all the way and I didn't feel that was safe.

Breakfast was very nice! Love not having to make an extra stop before we head out.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good value stay

Bath tub was nice and deep but didn't have any safety bars to help get out of the tub. Also no bath tub plug. Not everyone takes showers. Had to make my own plug. :-(

Clean rooms

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

I liked location close to fwy.

Front desk staff was rude, bed was broken, when brought to staff attention at check out, no concern at all.

I liked location close to fwy. Vanity n shower separated was good.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Stay at this hotel if you want to be treated rudely, ignorantly and like a second class citizen!
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Firstly, I reserved a smoking room, even though I went down to confirm that I had the correct room and was assured that I did. But the next morning my wife and I were very rudely instructed to switch room because I was in a nonsmoking room, the wrong room! The same employee that handled that situation was constantly miserable, rude and was the main reason I changed hotels. Another issue that presented itself was that even though I put the towels outside the door, I never received new towels or toiletries. Communication with housekeeping was impossible because the maid staff spoke zero English. On top of that when checking out we were accused of stealing the towels!! All and all my wife and I travel year round and we'll most likely not be staying at a Super 8 again.

The room was a nice size.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

This facility gives Super 8 a bad name
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast had NO fruit No fridge or microwave as you advertised Smoke alarm was canabalized Rear entrance door secutity lock was mutilated (inoperative) Phone contact was poor

The heating system and tv worked well The staff was pleasant

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The hallway floors were carpet and very dirty.

The hallway floors were carpet and very dirty. The first impression it gave was a shady place to stay at. When I walked in the front area the floor and the area in general was dirty. It looked unorganized and not a clean place.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Awful

Vey little to like. Booked non smoking received smoking, outlets worn out and very few of them. Glad I brought an extension cord. Many other items insufficient. Too many to list. Will never stay in a Super 8 again. Will sleep in my car if necessary.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Rooms need urgent renovation, stayed in two rooms, both old carpet, ac loose from wall, only one chair in double room, elevator out of order. Also not enough space for breakfast.

The mattress made me feel as if i were laying at an uneven...

The mattress made me feel as if i were laying at an uneven angle -- took some effort to find a comfy position, but i managed, otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

If had to stay again, don't think I would unless they improve on the maintenance/housekeeping of the property.

Room smelled. Bed was hard. Parking lot area in back not enough lighting. Back doors wouldn't open with key so had to go to front entrance. Property needs Maintenance work done & Housekeeping staff to do better job on cleaning facilities.

The shower was great. Lady at check-in very nice. Easy access off/on the interstate.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Outstanding Staff, Greet's us with a smile always.

confusing tv controls.

The staff is excellent, friendly especially Sonia, suggested on many things, schedules of events, served the breakfast early. always ready to extend a helping hand.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Spigot on sink faucet was difficult to operate.

Spigot on sink faucet was difficult to operate.