Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Mundelein/Libertyville Area 2 stars

1950 South Lake Street, Mundelein, IL 60060, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Mundelein

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was called 3 out of 6 nights when I was out to eat about my dog barking. I paid extra to have him there, and was put on the pet floor, so I feel like there should have been no issue for him to be by himself for a few hours while my family went to eat,or visited with family members we only get to see once a year. Dogs bark sorry!

The beds where so much better then expected. I liked that we had a fridge and microwave in the room. I also like that breakfast was offered.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and extremely accommodating when our plans kept changing. We were always greeting with a smile and a "good morning", "hello" etc. We would not hesitate to recommend to friends, family and encourage Navy families to consider this hotel when visiting their Sailor or attending RTC graduation.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

We were next to the stairwell and the noise was irritating. I'd recommend asking for a room away from the stairwell.

The staff went above and beyond for us. It had snowed heavily and the manager came out to clean off our van. I am in a wheelchair and my wife has had both knees replaced in the past 9 months so neither of us are really able to get rid of the snow and we didn't even ask, he just did it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. This has been my best hotel stay in 11 months.

The bathroom was clean. Hooks to hang my bags. Towels were all white. Floors were spotless. Everything is updated. Spoke to woman who has worked there over 15 years. The entire staff have been there as long because they are treated well by this Super 8. They update every thing constantly she said. They have a good team and they all enjoy eachother which makes for a chip chop environment. No bull. I was allowed to checkin way before the 2pm standard as well. So nice these people are. Pillows and beds themselves were exceptional. The air units in these rooms are great option wise for the different settings. The standard amenities included microwave and refrigerator and a safe. Room was well kept. No dingy stains. No nicks in furniture. A REALLY nice neighborhood with lots of different foreign population as locals and everybody is just really polite.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The faucet in the bathroom didn't work and when I contacted the manager, nothing was done. Two days later I called the manager and still nothing was done. Unacceptable that you have no running water in the bathroom.

The price

Some shelfs under tv weren't clean enough

Friendly staff All necessary facilities in room (hairdryer, iron, microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, tv and even safe Breakfast (cereals, yogurts, bagels, tosts, juices, wafers) Low price!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quiet room, and very comfortable beds. We had a bit of a problem with the air conditioner, but they took care of the problem immediately, and to our satisfaction. Friendly staff. Breakfast items were fresh and varied.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was in room 106 and for both nights the room above me all I heard was people walking constantly at night long....Also the sink in the bathroom the water drained very slowly down the drain....

Good location.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

manger let us park our motorcycles and our little trailer close to the door. He said he would keep an eye on the trailer when we disconnected it so we could ride our motorcycles without having the trailer.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was pretty limited, there were no eggs or bacon/sausage, waffle maker was problematic.

The room had plenty of space, and the bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Way too noisy. I was also told on booking.com i could pay with cash and the man at the desk didn't even give me a chance. He asked to see the credit card I used to reserve the room and he immediately charged it. Claimed he knows nothing about paying by cash instead of the card. Breakfast consisted of only cereal and waffles. That to me is not breakfast when you cannot eat carbs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard and uncomfortable. A/C did not work. I was charged for late check-out (which I ended up not needing) then charged AGAIN when I asked for the refund of the fee. So, I ended up paying over $170 for LESS THAN 8 hours in this motel. I will NOT be booking here again.

The building itself is old and in need of renovations, specifically the bathroom. The customer service representative in the evening is unfriendly.

The staff was very nice. It was clean and comfortable. It was a good hotel for the price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room smelled bad when you entered. You didn't notice it once you were inside. Carpets needed to be shampooed.

Price, location, staff, breakfast. We'd stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have never been so disappointed. The room was made for little people. The beds were very uncomfortable. The bathroom sink was way to low. their continental breakfast is nothing to brag about. Cereal, toast and waffles, oh sorry, and little packaged Danish, along with orange juice, apple juice and coffee. Not really much of a breakfast. My wife and I went home with backaches and headaches. Thanks a lot Motel 8. We will not be back.

NOTHING!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Found back door propped open when getting back at night. Security issue that there didn't seem to be a way to monitor

Bed was good. Mostly clean but paper found on floor from previous renter. Needs more cream left for room coffee maker

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stood 3 nights in town to celebrate our anniversary. Great room. Pretty quite overall. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Hallways were clean and lobby as well. We parked on the side which was closer to our room through the side door which was very easy to access. Ice and laundry facilities were ready and helpful. Lady at the front desk was always friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby. Overall great stay. If we're ever in the vicinity again we will stay there!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

absence of good soundproof: being on the 2nd floor and hear people stomping on the 3rd, as well as noise from the corridor.

practically everything, motel was above expectations

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The customer service here is awesome. Nick is a great guy always helping people with their bags and is just a nice guy. Vicki is always an asset as well,,,she is kind sweet and will take care of your needs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the cleanest facilities in which we have ever stayed. The entire staff was pleasant and accommodating. We chose the facility strictly for its location and could not have been more pleased.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The shades don't close all the way so when going to sleep there was light.

Rooms where clean and quiet. Couldn't hear any outside noise. Loved how the sun came through the windows.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was pretty uncomfortable with a paper thin blanket that left me freezing. But for the price, it was okay.

Booked because it was pet friendly. Was pretty clean and the staff was very kind.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would like to have had a pool to swim in. Breakfast was over too early, I arrived for it at 9:30 and it was closed up.

Check in staff was very helpful with upgrading free so I would have first floor room as requested on-line. Also helped when key didn't work.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We traveled with two dogs. All pet families stayed on the third floor which I am okay with but as soon as we stepped in the hallway the floor had a horrible smell. We understand pets make messes but it seemed that proper cleaning wasn't being done. I'm military so I asked when I checked out if I was able to get a military discount and they said yes, but I had to rush out so when I drove off and re-checked my receipt I discovered I didn't get the discount. I'm okay not getting the discount but do not tell me that I did. That is lying.

The front desk was pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything and everyone was amazing

This is the best value I've ever experienced. We paid under $50/night using booking.com. My family stayed in the Marriot resort and paid $99. Wow. Did we ever got the greatest deal. It was clean, comfortable, wifi included, parking included, breakfast included, safe, microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. The breakfast wasn't amazing, but I didn't expect it to be. We were traveling with two very young children and all I wanted was yogurt, some fruit and toast or cereal, so it was perfect. The staff was very welcoming and nice. The location is great! There's a plaza right across from the hotel with one of the best stocked supermarkets I've ever seen (looooots of international foods). We had a great trip and this super 8 played a big part in making that happen.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel situated near plaza with shops just in 5 minutes. Friendly personal, big rooms and also we got breakfast included. We liked it and will stay again.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

A fitness room or hottub & pool would be really nice for this hotel to have to offer.

Thé staff are like your family after you have stayed here as much as I have. It's an all around A+

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was not much that I didn't like. All was great.

The property was a perfect location. It was close to everything! I loved the convenience of it.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was stuffy and smelly. When I reported the issue I was told that I can get a refund but will be charged for the first night. I prepaid for 4 nights and was told the refund could take 8-10 days. They did not even offer a different room. Unacceptable way to handle a horrible experience. I will never stay at this Location and will make sure not to recommend this Location to anyone.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Place looked old and worn. No place to put suitcase to unpack except for bed.

Location was good. Easy to get to places we needed to go. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a bit weak - I went out a couple of times instead of eating at hotel.

Staff was hardworking, friendly. Things looked old, but it was very clean. Very good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No laundry bag in room, but that a small thing to say about the fantastic time spent at the hotel.

Convenient to location where friends live and places to visit.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Totally reliant on transportation by car.

I especially liked that my small computer fitted into the room's safe. The presence of a refrigerator and microwave was also great. It's also located near a huge drug store.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

very clean, there were some stains on the comforter but they were set in stains not soiled spots, Breakfast area was maintained well - with staff putting new goodies out and wiping tables often. Very quiet

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast was minimal. They cleared it too quickly. But great diner a short walk nearby

Beds were comfortable. Manager said I should pay for full stay booked even though I needed to leave early due to an emergency. He eventually agreed to charge only for the time I stayed. There was a great diner across the way.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were a number of beer bottles in and around the parking lot. The approach/driveway into the parking lot needs improving. The grade is really wrong and the bottom of my van was scrapping every time I left or returned.

Bedding was new and looked after. Best fridge/freezer combination I have every seen in a hotel. Coffee making in the room. Elevator available which is unusual for a 3 story building. Pet friendly. Non-smoking hotel. There is a nice flat screen tv.

room size

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nick Patel, wife/business partner were extremely friendly and approachable.

• Deluxe King Suite

can't say I disliked anything

quite, clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smoke alarm going off at 3am (faulty battery or something)

breakfast skimpy

comfortable room

Everything was fine.

Property was clean and staff was friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was awful. I tried to make a waffle but the iron was broken; not a great variety, even if it’s a quick breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was great friendly and helpful nice expirence

Not comfy. Dirty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms are out dated but clean

Looked and smelled clean

No parking for trailer

Clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice and very relaxing and everyone were very awesomely helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean, no towels, the rooms didn't match the pictures,and the location was horrible.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything I didn't like

Clean and near everything

Comfortable beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had a weird smell to it. Like burnt coffee mixed with I don't know what

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The shower had a very nice water flow.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, nice staff easy check-in. I'd stay here again.

Clean the rooms

It wasn't very clean; I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were not very comfortable

It was a good location and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast. Comfortable bed. Extra clean. Easy check in and check out. Recommend highly to stay at. Less than 30 minutes away from Six Flags.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One station was staticy. Seriously we had to think hard to find something not to like

Felt new, utterly suburban safe, next to conveniences

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't care to refund your money they don't care to fix the problem

They give you smoke rooms even though it says no smoking in the rooms

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very good. I was very happy you had peanut butter!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean and comfortable room and common areas. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great value for the money!

• Deluxe King Suite

No smoking

The bad was very comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was great, a little rough checking in, but it got better No complaints.

Quiet, the rooms were clean and the breakfast had a variety of choices.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

it was nice and clean. Good location. Waffle breakfast was nice.

It was outdated.

Staff was friendly and the motel was clean.

The Jacuzzi was dirty

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Were no eggs, breakfast was not good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

only white bread served for breakfast.

the room was clean.

No Smoking

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning didn't work in our room, and the breakfast was essentially just some cold cereal and yogurt.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be improved.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough pillows,mattress a little warn out.

Price and the breakfast also parking was good. Q