Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Newburgh/West Point Stewart Intl Airport 2 stars

1287 Route 300, Newburgh, NY 12550, USA

#3 of 6 hotels in Newburgh

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I loved the price, location, view and the extremely helpful staff. My new favorite hotel as I travel to New England. handicap accessible room was fantastic. Will definitely come again.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

easy chair in room would have been nice they suggested by note we use towels more than one night b ut did change them when we didn't no bible i desk what's the matter can't afford them? phone was dead had to install my own phone from an office same with desk chair since their were no desk in room for the rates you charge you should have all this in place!~!not

no ,the bed wasn,t comfortable the food was ok

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was smelly and dark. There were holes in the chair cushions and on the comforter. The carpet felt gross under your feet and the bathroom floor was super greasy.

The staff was amazing . They greeted you well and told you all necessary information.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Breakfast time finished early, before 10am, we missed it.

It was clean. Has smokers and not smokers areas. A good bed, lamps, chair, refrigerator and coffee maker.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The facilities are older, they kept it clean, but that only goes so far.

Left an hour before breakfast was out, but the staff there were amazing. Everyone seemed friendly and the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and very nice.

As above

While the staff were very friendly and helpful I wouldn't stay here again it stank of stale cigarettes, my kids didn't feel safe which put me on edge - I would pay the extra money and go further on the road in any direction!

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

bathroom is in definite need of a complete remodel. the furniture is ready for replacement too!

bed was very comfortable, room was spacious and well equipped with the fridge and microwave. the maid staff had the room in tip top shape every night when I returned.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Slightly outdated... small freshen up with some paint and it'd be perfect

Every member of staff where incredible. I spoke to cristina on arrival who cheered me up after 14 hours of travelling... Not sure of the young lady who was there in the morning but she was also very lovely.... Both really made me feel welcome in the US. Comfy room with amenities. Great variation of vending machines. Beautiful view over the mountains at sunrise

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Close to restaurants and shops. The receptionist Bill is so helpful and nice. If everyone like him will be employed in any hospitality business, for sure customers will be happy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We traveled with a service animal. Please tell management that IT iS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW TO ASK FOR DOCUMENTATION! I am sorry if it an abused system, but it is against the law. Coffee in the morning was cold. Was going to just throw out but no trash cans. Also no trash can liners in room.

Room very clean and worth the price. Location right off of the highway made for convenience. Front desk staff was excellent (I think his name was Bill) and helped us get a pizza delivery after a long day on the road. Thanks!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Gave us a dirty smoking room when we reserved a non-smoking. When we discovered the room smelling like the spray used to cover-up the smell of smoke, we protested and asked for another room. Told by the Front Desk attendant "This is a Booking.com reservation, so you get what we have available. Yours is the last room." I turned a went back to open the window further. My wife stayed and challenged the gentleman. A few minutes later she appeared with a new set of door keys and off we went to a sweeter smelling room. Squeaky wheels get the grease.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This is a tired, worn premises. The bathroom and bed linen all have seen better days. Envelope left in the room inviting a tip for the housekeeper but no ebidence of any housekeeping activity - room not cleaned or made up during our stay. In anhy case it would maybe be better to just pay the poor housekeeper a proper wage.

There was little to like about this property

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No real view from the room. only the rooms at the front of the hotel has the view of the mountains.

The room was clean an the bed was very comfy.Great base to explore the area and just ten minutes from Newburgh airport.

Everything was good!

Everything was neat and tidy; with plenty of towels! The staff were very pleasant and helpful about the accommodations and the surrounding area! Thank you for your hospitality!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Toilets leak. Mattresses were as hard as a concrete floor. Pillows were tiny squares of foam rubber. No elevators. Not handicapped friendly. Stairwell and room stunk from cigarette smoke. I asked for non-smoking and first floor near an exit because I don't smoke and have difficulties walking. They choose to ignore my requests. The final bill had a charge for a in-room safe that I never used. I will never stay at any Super8 anywhere in the world because of my experience with this one. Send those people you hate to stay there. Never go yourself or send someone you want to continue to be friends with.

The only thing about Super8 Newburgh that I liked was leaving the dump. Toilets leak. Mattresses were as hard as a concrete floor. Pillows were tiny squares of foam rubber. No elevators. Not handicapped friendly. Stairwell and room stunk from cigarette smoke. I asked for non-smoking and first floor near an exit because I don't smoke and have difficulties walking. They choose to ignore my requests. The final bill had a charge for a in-room safe that I never used. I will never stay at any Super8 anywhere in the world because of my experience with this one.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel common areas need a little updating, and the breakfast area is quite small even with the extra TV room just behind the reception. I ended up in a smoking room even though I had requested a non-smoking room and this was not able to be changed as the hotel was full at the time of my visit.

Beds were very comfy. Sheets and towels changed daily. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Great central location to explore the region. Breakfast was self service; choice of cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, waffles, juice and tea or coffee.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I had specifically called the location to request a first floor accommodation as I was traveling with my 87 year old mother. The young woman had said that it would not be a problem and she would prefer to give us a first floor since I had a small dog and we would be in a room with no carpet on the first floor. That was not the case when I arrived. While I was told that it was Sold Out, I felt the person did not go out of their way to resolve the issue. People were checking in after us and he could have easily traded rooms. Granted, the room we originally we got was for smoking, but I made the changes directly with them one day after booking through Booking.com

I like that it was clean and safe. It is accessible to a number of eating places, as well as to major highways. There is a shopping center for necessities, if needed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was a smoking room & didn't ask for a smoking room ... the room smelled bad of smoke & the beds were very dirty !!! I'm going to go to The motel In Middletown !!! Very diss appointmented !!! Would like a refund

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms dirty -- carpet hasn't been cleaned in ???. Walk around barefoot and look at bottom of your feet -- Black! Maintenance and cleaning is very marginal. Smells are bad in rooms, sometimes heavy chemical cleaning smell to cover up normal smell. Electrical outlets all loose and falling out, furniture falling apart. Many of repairs are very simple and would not cost much to do -- not sure what problem is.

Desk staff was always very accommodating and willing to work with us. Very good location for those who want to tour Patterson, Wallkill and Warwick. Bathroom very clean; bed and linen in good condition. It is too bad hotel rates are so outrageous nowadays and we have to choose one like this.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Facility was outdated. Side entrance furniture looked shabby. Main entrance also needed some updating.

We liked having a microwave and fridge in our room. The location was convenient (also near Orange County Choppers) and had a Dennys right in front of the hotel.

Nothing was as expected.

Clean and Comfortable and plenty of facilities such as full fridge,microwave and cable tv in room..slight noise from trucks parked in the car park to rear of property running their engines but not enough to be an annoyance throughout the night.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The noisey family in the hotel hall who left early and were not mindful that others might still be sleeping. Can't blame the hotel for this.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly, helpful and honest. They retrieved my husband's FitBit and charger that he had left behind and returned it to us.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better. At least a waffle maker would be a huge improvement.

The front desk staff were lovely. Very sweet and willing to go the extra mile. Breakfast was mediocre but I think that's the nature of the beast at all Super 8s.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Complained several times about the cleanliness of the room ,had to make own bed ,clean own bathroom, after was told by manager she would make sure was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The electricity went out an hour after I checked in and didn't come back on until sometime in the middle of the night. There was no discount even offered for the fact that we didn't have airconditioning, the windows didn't open, and we couldn't watch TV, read, or even take a shower.

breakfast buffet sucked

Never had a worse complimentary breakfast, if that is what the offering is forget it, no electricity was a bonus beyond their control but it didn't help

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

One bed was broken. Room wasn't very clean. Streaks coming down walls. Shower needs a good scrubbing. Only superficial cleaning. Wouldn't recommend.

Close to airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The property and rooms are not cared for. A wooden vanity around the sink was hand-made and not even painted. Gives you an idea of what care is put into the rooms.

The staff.

No complaints.

Perfectly comfortable and adequate for our one overnight and it was very conveniently located near the Stewart Airport. One guest that we encountered was dissatisfied as a result of a mildewy odor in their room, confirmed by my wife, but we had no such thing. I would guess that it is hit-or-miss with this property. My advice to Super 8 would be to clean out the few problem rooms and I feel that there would be no longer any reason for a non-positive review.

Very old. Centipede appeared. Toilet door broken with a hole. Carpet moist and smelly. Hot water was down for both nights we stayed. Staff said will fix it but it wasnt. Terrible stay

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There is no airport shuttle (despite one being advertised on both the Booking.com page and the Wyndham website). I did not discover this until I landed at Stewart and was stuck at the airport. Staff phoned me a taxi which turned out to be very expensive.

Very close to Stewart International Airport (10 minute taxi, 15 minute bus) and the 17K bus station (5 minute walk). Surrounded by cafes, shops, supermarkets and restaurants. Within easy walking distance of Newburgh, Algonquin Park and Washington Lake. Road was not heard at night. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms were unavailable at 3:00 p.m., because the staff hadn't cleaned enough rooms to have them ready for check in. I had to wait in line half an hour just to check in,

The parking was sufficient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

This time for the first time our room didn't have a microwave.

I always stay there every month for at least 2 days. The employees is very friendly.I love it there.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaner. Don't look behind your bed.

Great welcome, nice check in. Big comfortable bed, spacious, well equipped room (desk, fridge etc)

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The breakfast was highly proceeded, sugary food except for Raisin Bran cereal that had available. They should have some fruit and basic plain oatmeal as an easy addition to menu for health conscious guests.

The staff and guests I encountered were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Microwave didn't work. Breakfast room too small. Only 2 tables. Had to ask to share with other people. Strong Cigarette smell in the corridor.

Access to highways and restaurants and JW Kingdom Hall.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Everything was horrible. My first room had so many problems that they had to switch us to another room. The ice machine was broken and we were informed that we just had to deal with it. we bought some of the beers that they sale at the property and were charged again when we checked out (which I didn't notice until I was already on my train heading home). When I tried to reach out to the employees, I was hung up on and told that I would have to return to speak with a manager.When I checked out, there was so many hidden fees that was added. They also charged me for smoking in a non-smoking room when I don't smoke. My neighbors were smoking marijuana and cigarettes and I'm sure they didn't get charged because the maid was going in and out of there. she was probably smoking right along with them. I will never stay in this hotel ever again. I waited to post my experience because I didn't want to complain, but I don't want anyone else to experience what I have endured during my stay at Super 8 Newburgh. BEWARE!!!

I forget the concierge's name; however, he was very pleasant. The location was great too.

wifi didn't connect to phone without password, which wasn't provided. There was also a problem with the hot water heater when we stayed there so we had to take showers elsewhere the next day

room was nice, heating was controllable in room. front desk staff was friendly

Heater was loud bangs... Other than that comfortable Room #206

It was good I called ahead of time to confirm my room was ready Ms Rivera was very pleasant lady and ease my nerves about taking my time on the road that room was ready thank goodness it was a 10hr drive and when I got there it was but she wasn't but I thank her the next morning Happy New Year to Super8 Newburg !

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• King Room -Smoking

hallway noise made it difficult to sleep late in the morning, some sort of construction or repair

I truly liked the amenities (which I thoroughly researched in advance) as well as called to confirm

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Kind of stingy when providing soaps. Breakfast eating area kind of small.

Staff friendly. Never heard noise from roads in room. Breakfast buffet constantly replenished.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

breakfast buffet lacking in variety - hallway carpets stained - stale smell in lobby area.

Comfortable room - daily cleaning staff did an excellent job tidying up the room each day. A no frills place to stay but if you are just needing someplace to stay at night - decent for the price.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Steps up to the room , in order not to go up/down steps I had to leave back door and go around to front to get to room and again to get breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Non-smoking was not fully non-smoking... still was able to smell smoke in the hallways and the room are over due for a lot of upgrades and improvements.

The convenience of it's location...near eateries and close to thru-way.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

There were no dislikes. The property was older but it was close to where we needed to be and the price worked for us.

The staff was friendly and the room was a good size with two double beds. Comfy beds and a big plus that there was a screen on 2nd floor window and could be open for air

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Old fashioned bedspreads.

Older construction so that noise from adjoining rooms was minimal - in contrast to more recent upscale construction. Bed was very good.For me the location and price were the determining factors.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bill, who manned the evening desk was extremely helpful. He even helped us book our next 4 nights of accommodation. A very quiet location, allowing a good sleep. Great shower.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Draperies need to be replaced as well as blanket with cigarette burn holes. Lighting was dismal. bath room was clean towels were well worn but plentiful.

Location was perfect for our needs. bed was comfortable. TV good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything just don't feel clean. The air conditioner has unbreathable stinking smell. I have to let the windows wildly opened and have to tolerate the noise from noise from the highway. Overall, a terrible stay!

Close the high way

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Spider partrol every evening [3 night stay]. They were huge but ....no other bug concerns! Hot water had to be 'reset' every evening. But it only takes about 10 minutes to heat up!

The floor was hardwood and CLEAN! No soiled dirty carpet air to breathe!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room could have been freshened up. It smelled terrible. I almost had to leave. Check-in took 40 minutes - the desk clerk was SLOW and I was the only other person in line. Very bad for the price - I won'tbe staying at a Super-8 again.

The room smelled bad - stale and mildewy.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

did not replace used towels or bath products used during our stay - asked front desk to provide - room was not clean - empty bottles and underwear were left in room from last guest

Room needed airing out each time we returned from being out and gum stuck on wall. Not enough plugs available for visitor devices.

Staff vety nice & informative. Breakfast was nice. Location to other places was great.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Only sad thing, only one ice-maker on property - out of service.

Extremely great location, staff very helpful with restaurant and site-seeing locations

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You need to replace your mattresses.They were awful. I went to the ice machine and was told it was broken. I had to go and buy some.

Bill was the night manager and he couldn't have been nicer.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of smoke even though it stated a no smoking policy. The rugs smelled awfull and there was no ice in hotel.

Bed was comfortable and the location was close to where I went

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Room -Smoking

They need a repairman to go around to each room and make a list of repairs that are necessary. We finally found a room after being moved three times Stunk bathroom door would not open, wife stuck in BR cable was non-functionable mirrors dirty A/C had a button broken Breakfast was barely acceptable Electrical outlets were in bad and dangerous repair

The coffee

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The room was rather dark and they were clearly in the process on installing very small flat screen television sets, so the hallway was full of the older larger models.

The people at the front desk were very friendly, both at check in and check out. The bed was quite comfortable. Hotel rooms in the area are quite expensive and this one was not ridiculously so.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

This property needs updating badly. It is showing its age. The rugs are worn and dirty, there is inadequate lighting in hallways (especially difficult to see stairs), icemaker broken. Just run down in general.

Ease of interstate access, close proximity to services (gas, food), excellent well-stocked vending machines. The desk clerk was very helpful and replaced our non-functioning microwave. Pet friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The towels in my room were not replaced after I used them. I actually ran out of clean towels.

The breakfast was acceptable but the vending machines were lacking.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The property is in need of a cosmetic update. It is looking worn.

Free breakfast was pleasant and welcome. Various choices of restaurants are close. The city of Newburgh, NY was a pleasant surprise after we discovered the OCC Café.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

very little. I have nothing really negative to say. GM shared his plans for the improvements of the property. I'm looking forward to another visit.

The beds were so wonderfully comfortable. I slept all the way through the night. The room was clean. there were great views of the sunset and sunrise. The breakfast was more than adequate for me. The staff in the morning and early afternoon were more than accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

"Breakfast" was basic. Toast and cereal. Almost no protein. Went elsewhere. Facility is old, so even the best cleaners wouldn't make it super clean. There was a musty smell, masked with a perfumey room deodorizer. The mattress slanted down at the edge of the bed where a person would normally sit. Mattress needs to be turned occasionally.

The location is good, near 87 (but not easy to find, even with Google Maps). The people at the front desk were very nice and very helpful. The price is fair, given the facility. It was quiet, a necessity for me.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Service staff rude. Did not let me get coffee at 8:59 because breakfast ends at 9:00.

Close to starbucks.

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Loved the waffles for breakfast

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was smelly. The breakfast was not tasty and the tables dirty.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

would have been nice to have some eggs or sausasage with breakfast

Everyone was wonderful and the room was very clean.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Old, carpets disgusting, old matress - not conforrable, smell bad... it made us allergic

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom is outdated. Bathroom needs complete overhaul. Rooms need to be updated.

The staff was friendly,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was old, shabby, floor was laminate but very dirty.

Near a very good restaurant and it was pet friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

THE NIGHT SHIFT FRONT DESK STAFF "CHRISTINA" WAS THE WORST!!!!!

THE LOCATION

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Needed more outlets. Lighting was very poor. Faucet leaked all night.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was very unclean and needs to be renovated

The bed was comfortable and staff were helpful

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It does not feel like home away from home

The room required upgrade and too dark