Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham North Bergen NJ/NYC Area 2 stars

2800 Columbia Avenue, North Bergen, NJ 07047, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in North Bergen

Very convenient location, good value, and a good stop over...

Right on the expressway, a bit tricky getting on and off. And noisy. Overall we were mentally prepared and accepting of these issues prior to booking; so really there were no problem.

Very convenient location, good value, and a good stop over on way to NYC. Staff very very helpful and pleasant. Bed was comfortable! Handy having the shuttle bus just out front to take us to 42 nd Street!

Close to the highway, but quiet and clean.

There was no place provided to sit while you ate breakfast and the choices were limited. The breakfast room was hot and crowded. The remote to the TV did not work well. We were unable to use it to turn the TV on and off . We had to call for staff to assist us. They were kind and helpful, but the TV really should be user friendly.

The room was clean and reasonably dark and quiet for the city.

Humidity levels in room unbearable!

This place needs to be upgraded badly. I've been coming here for years but this was my last stay unless they renovate. The humidity levels are unbearable. My clothing was wet when I put them on. The roof leaked MANY times and it is simply patched up. I'm sure there must he mold in those walls. You'd think they are growing a rain forest in there! Although the building seems to be falling apart, it is clean and breakfast is good. Location is fantastic.

Breakfast and location

Good location and value.

The floors were extremely dirty. Feet became instantly black from dirty if walking bare foot

Good location and value. Shuttle to city was convenient

Hotel's policy of cancelling a reservation after 6pm is not advertised here on booking.com

Even booking.com is not aware of this hotel's "show up before 6pm or we cancel the reservation" so after booking for 6+ years through booking.com this has been the worst most terrible experience. Check-in at 9:30pm took me 51 minutes, one super long phone call to customer service, four visits at the front desk. Still overpaid and still did not honor my reservation and I had to book on-site. Then I've been told they're sold out for the night but been graciously shown a room that's freshly painted and smells like chemicals so goodbye sleep and hello headache. I said no, what a nightmare. The front desk manager says "a nightmare for me as well" oh yes I believe that, must be so terrible having guests reserve the room online in advance... Nevermind. Ended up in #109 after 51 minutes and would NEVER go back even if it was a free night or an emergency like this last time.

Not worth the price

This motel is not worth the price. The only food served is breakfast which was disappointing almost everything can not be eaten. There was one ac and most of the time doesn't work, we slept with window open.

Only bed was confortable to sleep

cheapest room in the area, friendly lobby staff

uncomfortable hard bed with strange foam "blanket", musty smell in room, found dirty wet towel hanging behind bathroom door, found hair on floor, cramped parking, woken up by neighbors several doors down slamming their door

cheapest room in the area, friendly lobby staff

Enjoyed time here.

Stairs to rooms. I have a disability.

Very helpful always at reception. Room clean and comfortable. Bus leaving for Manhatten right out front for $3 was very convenient. Used it everyday. Breakfast adequate.

Worst vacation EVER!!!

Had to eat standing up in their breakfast area, the hotel clerk kept my drivers license over night without telling me he had it. We felt like we were in a foreign country and no one would help us except for the homeless in Manhattan who then wanted a handout for showing us where to catch the “hotel” shuttle which was in a bus terminal which had a gate at three points was locked. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

The so-called shuttle is actually a ethnic community circulator bus that picks you up at the hotel but at night when trying to come back the drivers of the shuttle don’t tell you where to get off and don’t take you back to the hotel!!!! WE WERE RIPPED OFF!!!

We stay there all the time so we can get into NYCwuth no hassle

Hot protein for breakfast.. Hard to find motel..congested area..

No eggs..location was good for jitney into city..very congested area..hard to find..good value for money

Overall reasonable price closest to NYC.

Front of building looks ghetto, so close to fast moving traffic, need barrier. Had to eat breakfast standing up, no seating, so small, too many carbs, not enough protein or fruit options.

Location was convenient with shuttle. Clean, comfortable room and bed, loved the pillows.

Clean room and good faculties.

It is too noisy if the room is close to the highway. The hotel should explain more about the return shuttle bus because the bus stop is a little far from the hotel.

Clean room and good faculties. The breakfast provides diverse food. It is brilliant for this price.

Booking.com sucks!

I dont like anything. Booking.com pissed off. Motel staff told that booking.com have cancelled my reservation. I have to pay extra money to get the room.

That's Nice and clean place.

The breakfast is a little poor and they don't have good space for that.

That's Nice and clean place. It's a simple place but with comfortable rooms and great atmosphere.

There was only one thin blanket on the bed, so it felt...

There was only one thin blanket on the bed, so it felt chilly at night (no reason to switch on the heat in May!). Unfortunately, there wasn't any additional blankets like you normally find in hotel closets.

Overall, this is adequate for a person who is just needing the basic bed and shower for short stay.

Breakfast food was adequate except that the juice dispenser only dispensed water. The space available for eating breakfast is extremely cramped and it would have been nice to have been able to sit down and enjoy it. The rooms could also stand to use a little bit better soundproofing from the outside traffic noises.

WiFi and reasonable selection of TV channels. Additionally, restaurants and stores are within walking distance.

Close to Manhattan, fast to get there with the shuttle bus

Flushing of the toilet was really loud. Shuttle busses don’t have a schedule and are subject to traffic in the tunnel.

Close to Manhattan, fast to get there with the shuttle bus

Terrible

Furniture was broken, damaged, unclean, not taken care of. Fridge made a weird clicking noise the whole time. Bed was dirty. Breakfast was terrible, hardly any choices at all, very simple and the area it was in was always crowded. Location was sketchy and the hotel shuttle dropped us off about a mile away from the hotel

Nice place with bad experience

One night the electricity went out for at least two hours (plus there was no hot water neither) but we were not complaining about. We stayed three nights there and when we were checking out I asked the staff if we could leave our bags there for an hour until we pick up our rental car without carrying heavy bags. A lady told us sure for $10. It’s not about the money but the attitude. As I said we were not complaining for anything. I hoped some hospitality.

The location was good. The WIFI was perfect and I also liked the bus transfer to the heart of Manhattan.

Good value. Great location.

Door didn’t have the extra lock bar so I felt slightly less than safe, but in the end had no security issues. Shuttle back from Manhattan drops at top of hill so I opted for a $35 Uber when we came back after dark.

Comparatively cheap. Frequent $3 shuttle into Manhattan. Super-nice staff. Could park until 3 pm on day of checkout. Very convenient location if you have a car and need to drive during the stay—easy in and out.

Horrible and scary!!

The hotel was in a scary location that did not feel safe. In fact, when checking in I had to speak to the people at the front desk through bullet proof glass and a little speaker. I was traveling with just myself and 12 year old daughter and definitely did not feel comfortable or safe. Also, one of the main reasons that I booked this hotel was because of the advertised shuttle that was said to pick you up and drop you off right at the motel. When picking us up at the motel it drove past and honked and when returning we were on the shuttle for a very long time and finally the driver stopped and we asked if he was going to be going to the super 8 and he told us to get on another bus. The other bus said they would take us to the super 8. The bus dropped us off on a very busy street that we had to cross, at 10:00 at night and we had to walk in the cold and dark to get to the motel. I will never go back to this motel or area and would never ever recommend it to anyone

Can't think of anything

It's worth for what you pay, and keep your expectations low

After the check out, being charged 10 dollars for leaving the luggages for couple of hours, it was ridiculous. By the way, the hotel has no luggage room, they let you leave your luggage into the container which is unsafe and far from the main building, at the end of parking lot. Moreover, the container is full with garbage and heavy smell of moisture,mould and you pay 10 dollars for that!!!

The location was great for visiting New York the bus takes...

The WiFi was bad and the free breakfast was over crowded. The room was good size but the cleaning staff kept forgetting things the first day they forgot soap in the bathroom and towels the next day.

The location was great for visiting New York the bus takes you right into the city and the bed was very comfortable

Horrible. We won’t be returning.

The room was dirty. The room needed a lot of repairs. Sheetrock has holes. Ac unit broken and pushed out of wall. I’ve never seen so many cobwebs. The toilet was too close to the sink so you couldn’t even sit on it. The sheets had cigarette burn holes in them. I mean really throw them out. The breakfast was really disappointing. They have a toaster oven on the wall with a big sign on it that says don’t use. Let’s take that toaster oven down. The breakfast area was just as dirty as the rest of this place. Juice machine didn’t work. I was actually afraid to eat here after seeing how dirty this place was.

Nothing really. Everything about this place was sketchy. Bad neighborhood, bad location. Bad parking.

Not good

I left a private credit card to book the four rooms just to catch the rooms and they made such a mess with my credit card that I make everything in my bank account fine

Clean room. Likely

I'm satisfied with the hotel.

It was actually better than I expected even though I didn't expect much.

The concierge staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast was ok. The room was acceptable. The shuttle to new york city was convenient.

It was worst hotel which I have stayed yet.

The main problem we had there, was at the 2nd night. At midnight (3 a.m) we woke up with a very loud music related to other rooms maybe next room. I tried to call the front desk, but they did not answered at the first, then they answered but the phone did not work properly and I called another time (I got very angry). Finally I could tell the problem and after a while the problem got fixed. Moreover, The hotel was not clean enough, specially breakfast area was very small and not clean. It was a very bad experience to eat breakfast there. Another problem was that they charged us extra money for keeping our luggage at the last day. The woman standing in front desk did not accept credit card and I think she wanted the money for herself maybe.

I would rate my stay as less than pleasant, but the most important thing is it appeared clean

Appearance of facility is not appealing. Room needs repairs such as missing nut holding down toilet and worn out toilet seat. Location is adjacent to highway (right at an exit) and noisy. However, the heating system was even noisier so it masked the road noise. Most rooms are accessed from outdoors. Door is poorly weatherproofed and the heating system had to work hard to maintain room temperature. Breakfast was barely adequate for a multiple day stay (bread, make your own waffle, bagel, hardboiled eggs, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, 2% milk, 2 juices, and coffee). No fruit available during the week (oranges appeared on Saturday morning along with packaged pastry).

Room and bathroom appeared clean. Room has good refrigerator, adequate furniture, and a safe. Bed was firm and comfortable. Shuttle bus stops at motel for trip to Manhattan at cost of $3 per person. Wait for bus was less than 10 minutes each day. It makes multiple stops on way and trip can take an hour during morning rush. However, it is much easier than driving yourself. Bus pickup at Bus Transit Authority for return trip at $3.25 per person. Bus drops off near motel, but you have to pay close attention to get off at your stop. Return trip in evening is very quick (10-15 minutes), but have to wait a bit while bus loads. Bus runs until midnight, but I don't know if that is the last time it leaves the bus terminal.

No issues.

No issues. Friendly, helpful staff. The good-low cost shuttle to NYC that comes right to the front door, free parking, clean room, friendly staff The bad- wifi was iffey, breakfast was way too crowded and not alot to offer, but it was free so what can you say

Very convenient for one-day business visit to NYC

The 5-minutes walk from bus to the hotel at night is not pleasant.

The location and the bus to Port Authority. One may leave a car at the hotel's parking lot for the whole day after checking out.

Very efficient and close to the bus stop for our trip to the city!

The lighting was a little too low for my liking and I would have liked to see a few extra towels but I'm sure we could have been accommodated if we asked for some.

The woman who checked us in was very upbeat and friendly. She gave us such a wonderfully warm welcome and detailed explanation of the property.

Good location but not clean! Not worth the money!

It was not clean, especially it lacked sufficient bathroom supplies and clean towels. There were hair on the “clean” towels! :( Breakfast was poor, and super crowded. I skipped it the second and third time.

That it was close to the bus stop to NYC, easy to get there!

Checking in didn't work for me my I'd was stolen and...

Checking in didn't work for me my I'd was stolen and the Clark did not look me you as a past customer call, I used Howard Johnson with no problem in doing looking me up and cheaper

Excellent value for money

The breakfast area was crowded and you cannot sit down. Leaving with the little white buses was no problem in the morning but coming back from Manhattan we had to wait twice more than 30 minutes until there was a bus.

We think the hotel offers excellent value for money if you visit New York. It even has a breakfast included. Rooms are big and comfortable. Yes it is a bit far but it is doable and there are shops in the area where you can buy things. We liked a lot having a microwave and a fridge in the room.

The room was very dirty and the rooms near of the highway is...

The room was very dirty and the rooms near of the highway is extremely laud all day and all night obviously, so I had one of that rooms and the experience was bad! The spot of the hotel is great to go fast to time square! With bus every half an hour front of the hotel!

The staff were terrible the Indian receptionist dude has a serious attitude toward customer

the breakfast was horrible, you would think that they would give you some ham or bacon but no all you get at the hotel is a bin of boil eggs and a heck tons of bread. i mean i would better off eating out side.

none

Will not ever book a stay in super 8 motel

Staff was so uneducated we told them we were in room and they still started kicking the door and still wanted too come in we scream bad was horible experience and breakfast no good honestly dont think im coming back.

Its closed to buses and store

Low rate no frills

Room was poor quality, the maids failed to clean our room while we were away the first day and the bathtub was clogged. Later the TV wasn't working, they also failed to vacuum the carpet either day

the fact that a shuttle company picked up and dropped passengers to be taken into New York City for a reasonable price

Good service, great to have shuttle bus to NYC pick you at the front door every morning.

Parking lot didn't have much room to maneuver and it was hard to find the motel from the interstate. Poorly marked at exit; hard to see signage.

Comfy, large basic room. Two queen beds! Breakfast was just okay. Not enough options; only two kinds of cereal, only one hot item (waffle) and the pre-wrapped sweet rolls were only just okay. Nothing to write home about.

Based on cleanliness, Probably wouldn’t stay there again

Very dated. Building we stayed in hallway walls and room walls were beat up and dirty. Bedding was clean but the room itself felt old and tired and dirty looking. Breakfast was in a small room that was very crowded, stools to sit at against the wall were always full so we ate in our room. Breakfast was very basic..bread, 2 cereals, waffles, coffee, tea and juice. I felt maybe yoghurt and a bit of fresh fruit would have been nice but was not offered. The room rate was ok when compared to other places around NYC but I think it could have been cleaner looking for the price. With a little effort the appearance of the place could be greatly improved.

Staff were friendly and helpful, shuttle to downtown was frequent and convenient, quiet location,

Very disapointed, did not get to sleep all night

I was place in a room by the office and There was noise all night from people working right on my head, plus the toilet of my neighbord room was so noisy I was awaked by it about every hour, it was a night mare to sleep there

Better to sleep in a car than at this hotel.

The room was old and dirty; the breakfast was a pot of coffee and bread to toast; the heat was loud and the noise outside was incredible. The room was not made up during the day.

Absolutely nothing was likable at this hotel.

Clean and comfortable.

Clean and comfortable. Is a very good value option in NYC comparing the prices in Manhattan. The transport to the hotel is very easy, a shuttle to Manhattan and when you need to come back, only need to take a bus from Port Autorithy Terminal bus and the time time to the hotel is only 15 minutes.

Was very good for what we paid..

Have more real food options for breakfast when its advertised.

The cleanliness of the room.. the close proximity to NYC and MSG..the cost was very very affordable.. and felt comfotable with our stay..

I plan to return again. I have stayed here lots of times, alone and with family.

I am a repeat customer. Not easy to drive to the location because of poor road signs and its location, but located well for bus service. Short bus ride to main event, stores, shows, food. Love it.

I will choose to stay with this Super 8 again.

Heaters were loud and blew too much to keep on through the night.

I liked catching a bus into the city-either the shuttle or the city bus, right outside the door. It was easy and convenient.

Done

Tv didn’t work, bathroom knob locked from the inside and out so you couldn’t shut the door and the light fixtures were broken so to turn on off the lights you would have to screw off or in the bulbs. Needed new remote once the tv got fixed. We requested a reduced rate for the inconvenience and they didn’t refund anything to our card. I’ve disputed this with visa. We are repeat customers but not now. Lousy customer service.

Leaving

It served its purpose - probably will not return

Very loud overnight - interstate close, staff basically not very helpful, no coffee in the am.

Very old but clean, shuttle to city was the only good thing!!

For what we paid cant complain, its cheap and basic. Does need a refurb

The rooms and surrounds look very dated with horrible red carpet and apricot walls. Some of the sockets were beginning to come away from the walls on one side which whilst safe just highlight that the rooms are ready for a thorough refurb. It's very near a major road so there is constant road noise.

The room was clean enough and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The breakfast was stood up at a breakfast bar which whilst not ideal there was toast, cereal, eggs, waffles and tea/coffee which was a decent start to the day. Quite liked getting the local Hispanic bus service in to the city $3 per person each way

Best bang your your buck!

My only complaint is that the "breakfast" was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. VERY few options, and no place to sit. All that was available during our 4 night stay was toast, bagels, waffles, plain cereal (no milk), and beverages. There was only a fruit option one day- oranges. Don't count on this hotel for your breakfast. However, there is a Sonic next door and an IHOP a block away.

Shuttle was extremely convenient to get into NYC-only took 15-20 mins. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful with any questions or concerns we had. There is several amenities within walking distance of this hotel as well. Wi-Fi and t.v. were excellent. Room was extremely clean and comfortable for my spouse and I. I would stay again.

Awful service

The booking dates were incorrect by accident. I called within hours of making the booking and spoke to the duty manager on the same day who said they would refund. I emailed numerous times over the following 3 weeks all of which were ignored before they finally denied a refund within the booking website. Absolutely disgusting and greedy behaviour made worse by ignoring my emails and then going back on a promise. Really shortsighted behaviour as I've blocked our travel department from booking any of our staff through the whole damn chain. How not to run a hotel 101.

The duty manager on booking day made a nice promise. The price was fair for the location.

Excellent stay.

The neighborhood is a bit lonely and dark. But I think is safety so don't be worry about this. The hotel looks a bit like a Motel but its so cute and lovely.

The property is very clean and the stuff is really helpful. There is a bus just outside the building that drive you to New York City, and the trip just take around 15 minutes.

Easy access to the New York, simple but good breakfast.

It is a motel, so it is not proper for a long stay. Facilities inside the room are a bit old and some towels were not exactly clean. Also, it was cold inside.

Easy access to the New York, simple but good breakfast.

A little too far from Times Square but bed very comfortable and room affordable.

The girl at the front desk not friendly. Breakfast area too small and crowded and no where to sit. Not easy to get to from Newark airport.

The room was very quiet for sleeping. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. Very helpful when I called from the airport to find out how to get to the hotel by public transit.

Inexpensive.

Breakfast in a tiny area and standing up. Location of the hotel was poor, noisy. No plugs in the sink or bath. Had to put foot over plug hole to fill a bath. The journey into NYC was long at rush hour but at least the service was good

The room was pretty nice and comfortable and the bathroom was large enough. There was an ALDI next to the hotel

Quiet good considering the low price

The hotel is good considering the price. Bear in mind that the only way to travel from the hotel to Manhattan is with a shuttle bus(working hours:7:30-24:00). The fare is 3$. If you have a car, I'd strongly suggest booking a hotel inside New York(not New Jersey) , because the Lincoln Tunnel fee is around 15$ each way.

Basic accomodation but it offers you everything you need for...

We had some trouble with the lights in the badroom. They fixed it immediately (even late at night), but they had to fix it 3 times. The shuttle buses that stop right in front of the hotel are convenient, but sometimes they only leave after the bus is completely full (which means that you are waiting for 20 - 30 minutes in front of the hotel). From Port Authority to the hotel there was some heavy traffic sometimes. So please keep in mind that transport from and to the hotel can take 45 - 60 minutes.

Basic accomodation but it offers you everything you need for a short stay in NYC. Good beds, great shower, nice and clean rooms. We liked the breakfast and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Not what we expected. Will not come again.

The first room was someone else's because their luggages are all over the place. The second one was decorated with carpet, which was stinky. We asked for the room service to spray air fresher at first. But the smell became worse during midnight and we started to cough. Then we switched to the third room with hardwood floor in another buiding around 3am in the morning. Thus we had to cancel our plan to the MET next morning and asked for the refund of our next day room fee.

The staff there were nice. They helped us changed two other rooms and refund our room fee of the 2nd day with no more questions.

This is a place if on a bugget is ok to stay at but it isn't the ritz either.

Didn't enjoy the small breakfast area and having to stand to eat as they have seating! Also if your not the greatest with directions it can be hard to catch the right shuttle back to the hotel.

Found the price was ok for what you got. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

Close to Manhattan, good for the price. Free breakfast.

One of the beds was really close to the bathroom door.

Free breakfast with eggs. Close to an Aldi supermarket which has really affordable prices. Rooms have fridge, microwave and a security box. Really close to Lincoln tunnel but takes a while to get to Manhattan depending on the traffic. Shuttle service to Manhattan was 3USD (every 10 - 15 min).

We enjoyed out trip despite the mix up with our room.

They didn't have our booking from Booking.com that was very stressful. The staff were very helpful, they accommodated us but it was not the same type of room we had booked through you. We did have to pay the same amount of money though, we had no other choice.

The location was good to get to where we're going into New York City.

would stay again for the location and value

Breakfast was adequate but small area and very crowded. No seating only standing at counter area. Suggest taking food back to your room using tray in room!

excellent value for the price shuttle bus frequent and guick service into New York. Return drop off requires a 5 minute walk to motel. staff friendly, room basic but clean 2 small problems were dealt with promptly.(safe was locked shut and no clock radio in room) Aldi's and dollar store up the street

Great!

Only complain, is area of breakfast... very unpleasant and not convenient. If you fix this, I think it will be perfect! Thanks!

Very helpful staff! Convenient transport!

A hotel good to rest only ,after all day in New York

The location and the noise from the national road ! The neiborhood isn t quite nice

The rooms are clean and also the bed very comfortable It was very good that it has a transport to Manhatan in front of the Hotel .

cheaper, clean and close to Times sq.

Loud drunks in the room next door making that woke us at 2am.

Clean and a shuttle ride to Times Sq. BUT, the shuttle broke down on the way there and we had to switch and on the way back the driver did a terrible job announcing the stop and we went past ours. The shuttle does not drop you at the hotel. You are dropped up the street. Something to keep in mind in bad weather.

Ok, but would have preferred to stay elsewhere. Price was the final factor for staying there

Nice bed. Good selection of TV channels. Shuttle to Manhattan was ok. No rail close by. Had to go to Penn station Jersey to get anywhere. There is a take away place called Sonic, but doesn't open till 0800 so if you are an early riser you wont get it there. No entertainment close by. Bus it everywhere. Ice machine available which was a bonus.

Simple hotel within reach of Manhattan with good value compared to the extreme prices of New York

The breakfast was poor quality, but I would say it was fair compared to the food in general in New York. The breakfast area was very very small without seats. We had to stand and there was always a big crowd compared to the small room. Coffee was undrinkable.

Well equipped room with TV, fridge, microwave, small coffee machine, ironing board, etc. Spacious room and very big bed. The hotel has a constant transfer to and from Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York. Staff was helpful. House keeping was excellent.

Very very disappointed will be looking for full refund I am writing the corporate office and I took

It was dirty the bathroom had things floating in the water I had to take my 7 year old daughter out of the water and sponge bathe her from the sink and wash her hair she was so upset to see dirty water

Overall good vaue for locaton. Only takes 15-20 mins to NYC via shuttle. Comfortable.

Wifi is very slow when able to connect. Can be noisy but expected when on a major road. Air con. was a little noisy.

We found beds comfortable, room clean and suitable for our needs and found shuttle bus cheap and convenient. Breakfast was decent and hotel was within easy walking distance to shops. Staff more than willing to help.

A very nice stay

The only negative thing was that I paid 10 dollars for the hotel to keep my luggage after I have checked out.

Location-wise this hotel is 15 minutes from Times Square (by bus/car with no traffic). Regarding its facilities, I was positively surprised by the size of my room. Also, the room rate was low compared to the ones of the Manhattan hotels with the same facilities (but still high when compared to other destinations). Breakfast was very nice and the fact that it was served in a small room did not bother me. About transportation: If you get to this hotel from JFK airport, you will need 2 hours, using public transportation. Also, bear in mind that your NYC metrocard is not valid for getting to the hotel by bus since the hotel is in a different state (NJ) so, you need to buy an extra ticket. In this respect, you have two options, either take a bus from Port Authority Bus Terminal (USD 3.5) or take a shuttle service (USD 3) which stops outside the hotel. If you choose to take a taxi from Times Square to the hotel, it will cost you around 28 dollars with Uber and 44 dollars with a yellow NYC taxi (including toll fare).

Excellent hotel.

Excellent hotel. You can get to Manhattan for $ 3. Friendly and helpful staff. Free parking and Wi-fi. Near the supermarket with an excellent choice.

Good price/value ratio

Poor breakfast from 6am to 9am. Luggage storage in a metal container for 10 USD. Shuttle bus is total chaotic (like in a Mexican city) for 3 USD/person. In rush time it could take 45min to the Port authorithy Bus Therminal.

The room was good.

Employees at the front desk were extremely rude, rude to...

Employees at the front desk were extremely rude, rude to myself as well as another customer that I witnessed. Even though the lady had a service dog and medical documentation the employees refused her service, this is against the law what they did. This hotel needs to be fined by the state as well as look into hiring new employees. Parking was troublesome and I will never stay here again and advise everyone to avoid this hotel.

No wifi or telephone.

No wifi or telephone. Asked to book a taxi for station and they booked a limo and took us to wrong station and we had to pay extra to get the driver to take us where we really wanted to go. Possibly a scam.

Good value, convenient and comfortable.

We were a little apprehensive when we arrived and the front desk staff was behind bandit barrier glass. The area at first seemed a little shaky. However, after checking in and exploring the area a little bit we felt more comfortable and didn't have any issues during our stay.

Convenient location. Shuttle into New York was reliable and picked us up right in front of the hotel. Room was comfortable and good value for the money. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.